northwestern-boot-camps-logo

Northwestern Boot Camps

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago

Northwestern Boot Camps

Northwestern Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time, or 24-week, part-time web development courses, 24-week, part-time data science and cybersecurity courses in Evanston and Chicago, Illinois. The full-stack web development curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, Java, and more. The data science curriculum covers a broad array of technologies like programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git, and more. The cybersecurity course provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll in the boot camps, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Northwestern Boot Camps are designed for professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Upon program completion, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from Northwestern School of Professional Studies and will have a portfolio of projects or learn skills applicable to certifications demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data science, or cybersecurity.

Northwestern Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U Inc. brand

Recent Northwestern Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.08

all (63) reviews for Northwestern Boot Camps →

Recent Northwestern Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationChicago
    At The Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationChicago
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

LocationChicago
    Northwestern Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Chicago)

LocationChicago
    Northwestern Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Evanston)

• $500 Northwestern Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Northwestern Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Chicago)

• Greg S.  User Photo
    Greg S. • Student Verified via GitHub

I'm in the homestretch of the Northwestern University (Evanston campus) part-time, 24 week bootcamp. I had originally signed up to help round out my graphic design skills, as many positions wanted some type of web development experience (from updating a wordpress site all the way up to SQL database maintenance). What I got from the course was so much more than that.

While the course FLIES by at a blazing speed, you learn so much every class. I've equated it to learning to speak Chinese in that you're learning one language, but also several dialects that go along with it. It's not an easy feat. The instructors and support are excellent and very knowledgable and enthusiastic. Many will go above and beyond when asked for assistance, be that in person or via Slack.

I have a couple of downsides, but they're not dealbreakers by any means.

• I do wish more time was devoted to the front end portion vs. the server/database side, but that's a personal preference, as it's where my interest is. We stop at Bootstrap, but it's widely considered that Materialize is a superior option. While we're equipped with the means to parse documentation, I would've benefitted from learning hands-on.
    • I wish the activities were updated from time to time to reflect changes. For example, we're told early on to replace var with let and const, but all the activities don't. Sometimes our instructor would say "they have ____, but I would do _____ instead." While there's any number of ways to reach the same goal, it would be nice to have the sense that the instructional team and Trilogy are symbiotic. Sometimes the homework assignment instructions were a little convoluted or an important part was buried elsewhere one wouldn't know to look. A streamlining to the Gitlab materials would go a long way.
    • And finally, while it's definitely a real-world application, as it's like 60% of any given workday, getting "Google it" as a response to a question is not the most ideal answer, considering the cost of the course.

Those elements aside, this is a very worthwhile course. Know going in there will be a lot of work and a large time dedication and what you get out of the class is what you put into it. Know that you may run into full-brain syndrome during any given class or coding session. It's normal and will pass. Rely on your classmates, Google, and other research sources and put in as much time as you can and need.

Thursday, May 30 2019
    Thank you, Greg! We're thrilled you chose our program to advance your current skill set. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced course, so it's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team. Great advice for prospective learners—reaching out to classmates and utilizing all available resources, will definitely prove to be beneficial.

We appreciate your curriculum and homework feedback, as we're always looking to optimize the student experience. Congratulations on all the hard work you've dedicated thus far, we wish you continued success as you finish out the boot camp!
  • Sarah  User Photo
    Sarah • software engineeer Verified via GitHub

I took the part time, 24-week fullstack web development boot camp. The course was a very informative overview for someone like me coming into it with no prior coding experience. It was definitely a challenge, but they emphasized the time and effort it would require when I applied so I was expecting that. I got what I had hoped to get out of the program, which was a software development job immediately following my completion of the bootcamp. My complaint would be that I wish even more time was spent on React. Forget the two days of python and just spend more time on React. The more learning and practice you can do on your own outside of the program, the better off you will be.

Thursday, May 23 2019
    Way to go, Sarah! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We understand you would have wanted to spend more time covering React, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts as our curriculum is constantly being updated to be in line with market demands. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for sharing your boot camp experience! We wish you success in all your future achievements.
  • Syeda Ahmed  User Photo
    Syeda Ahmed • Applicant Verified via GitHub

I graduated in computer science in 2004 but didn’t really work in the field. Now I wanted to pursue my career again and needed a fresh start. Northwestern boot camp turned out to be a great opportunity for me. The curriculum was very challenging but very up-to-date. You will get exposure to as many new technologies as possible.  I attended it part-time but still, it went so fast. They have all the help available, if you are willing to put your time and efforts, it is well worth it. The TA’s are helpful as well and they also provide one-on-one tutoring. They also provide video walk-through for most of the assignments which were very helpful for me. Each assignment was very well explained in great details. The instructors were very dedicated and experienced.

The career service is a great help as well and they offer different opportunities to showcase your projects. The team is very friendly and extremely supportive. You can sense they want you to succeed. Because of this boot camp, I am in the market again. Though I still feel I need to learn a lot, I feel more confident as the projects were very close to real-world experience. Most of all now I know WHAT I need to learn.

If you have a gap in your work and want to update yourself, it is a great option.  It is challenging and fast-paced but totally worth it. Overall I had a wonderful experience.

Thursday, May 23 2019
    Thank you for choosing our program to reignite your career, Syeda! It's great to hear you benefited from the curriculum and found our entire team to be helpful. We applaud all your dedication and are thrilled you feel confident in your newfound skills. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Arnab  User Photo
    Arnab • Student Verified via LinkedIn

When I decided to enhance my skills to enter the tech industry, I was looking everywhere. After researching several different boot camps, I decided on Northwestern Coding Bootcamp for all the right reasons, a Northwestern University diploma backed with Trilogy's experience in this particular field. But, was it meant for me?

Like anyone from a non-technical background, I had my own apprehensions. Is coding right for me? Will I understand anything? What if I am just too dumb to do this? These all were valid questions and now I can answer these questions for you.

I enjoyed every single class because they are well structured and follows proper taxonomy. We start from scratch and build into complete exercises. This has helped me to understand the fundamentals of various topics clearly that I had no competency in before. My instructor is Ron Bailey, and I cannot tell you how good of a teacher he is. He understands different students' needs and guides us in our individual styles, he is engaging and is really funny! He shares his experiences from the industry and that is an eye-opener for many of us.

Each class has two TA's who are not only available during the class but also during office hours and sometimes even online via Slack. They are also a great emotional support. Yes! emotions are important because the Bootcamp will test you time to time. We also have excellent guest speakers and lecturers all the time.

We also get 1-1 tutoring every week and it has helped me ace many of the concepts that I couldn't cover in class sometimes. Although optional, I recommend everyone to take full advantage of this particular service.

Career services are optional as well but are helpful. It is easy to let it go but if you will follow and work with your career success manager you will not be overwhelmed with all the "small" things that matter; it is easy to overlook things on Github, portfolio, LinkedIn, interview, etc, etc. But, career services can assist one to be on top of their job search while coding all the time!

Monday, Oct 15 2018
    Amazing, Arnab! We are thrilled you had such a great student experience, learning the fundamentals of full-stack web development, and enjoyed every single class. It's great to hear you truly utilized all the boot camp's resources and were supported by our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success as you move forward!
  • Brian Connell  User Photo
    Brian Connell • Senior Engineering Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just graduated from the part-time Data Science bootcamp at Northwestern in October, 2018.  Simply put, the experience greatly exceeded my expectations.  The program administration was very organized and approachable.  There were multiple requests for open feedback indicating an intent for continuous improvement.  The instructional staff and TA’s were very knowledgable and experienced.  The curriculum and content was well organized and ideal for rapid learning.  I have dabbled in javascript for several years as a hobby.  I think the bootcamp is an excellent format to rapidily learn a wide range of new technologies in a short period of time.  It is not something you can easily pick up by reading textbooks on your own.  Instead, you are thrown into new topics over a span of 3-4 classes, with rapid assignments during class.  The homework for each topic is significant, requiring several hours to complete.  While there were times when I was extremely challenged by the content, I always had excellent support from the TA’s and instructional staff.  I was exposed to many, many technologies that I was simply unaware of, like maps using Leaflet.js, Social Media Mining, SQL and API Interactions.  The small interactive class size also created a sense of community which made the journey more fun.  The time flew by.  Like all pursuits, the greater effort, the greater the reward.

Tuesday, Oct 09 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Brian! We are thrilled to hear your student experience exceeded your expectations. It's great that you felt fully supported by our entire team and enjoyed the curriculum and overall program structure. We have to agree that the greater your effort, the greater your reward will be. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success in your future endeavors!
  • Alvin Rodis  User Photo
    Alvin Rodis • Senior Systems Analyst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I have completed the Full Stack Web Development Coding Bootcamp at Northwestern University.  The support I received from Trilogy staff was simply put - awesome.  The program was challenging and I certainly had my ups and downs.  Throughout the duration, I definitely felt encouraged and cared for by the Trilogy staff.
    • My instructor took the time out on the side to check in with me and provide encouragement throughout the program
    • I absolutely leveraged the help of the TAs during office hours.  In turn, they had my back and provided needed help and encouragement along the way
    • My Tutor was awesome and I got so much out of our weekly calls - I had the forum to talk through what I was learning relative to completion of the homework
    • My Student Success Manager was always there when I needed him to answer questions and provide guidance through the program.
    In the end, it was a fantastic experience and I'm glad that I had this team around me.
    Friday, May 18 2018
    Amazing, Alvin! We’re happy to hear you had such a positive experience learning valuable coding skills through our program. As you mentioned, this course is challenging, so we commend your dedication and hard work. Our team members are passionate about teaching, committed to guiding and encouraging students through complex problems. We are thrilled to hear their dedication and efforts were such valuable resources during your journey. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you so much for your feedback! We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.
  • Krista   User Photo
    Krista • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Northwestern January 2018 cohort. I was extremely impressed with both Northwestern and Trilogy faculties. The teams did a great job recruiting the instructional staff as well as course applicants. My cohort and instructional staff were amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to go through such a challenging program with.  I always felt there was more than enough support during the stressful program.  The career staff is also very helpful and willing to help you after the course is over with one on ones. I am still in the process of polishing projects and applying to jobs but with the support of everyone at Northwestern, Trilogy and in my cohort, this process should be as smooth and seamless as possible.

Also, I started out with very little programming experience (self taught Java for about 7 months) and a background in event management. I feel I learned so much in the past couple months that now I will be able to find a job with these skills and even teach myself new languages from the way these languages were taught to us.

I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to make a career change into the technology industry or anyone wanting to refine and learn even more about the MERN stack.

Huge thanks to everyone involved in the Northwestern University Downtown Cohort and Trilogy staff!!

Thursday, May 10 2018
    Amazing, Krista! We’re thrilled our instructors, TAs, and career services team provided you with the best resources and knowledge base to advance your previous programming skills. We also think they're pretty amazing! It’s our goal to provide a comprehensive educational experience with the key principles needed to dive into other programming languages (even after the program ends), so it's great to know this truly resonated with you.

As you noted, this course is challenging and we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put in! Thank you for recommending our boot camp to others, it’s feedback like yours that makes us proud of what we do to make our program a rewarding experience for every single student. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
  • Lauren Cantlin  User Photo
    Lauren Cantlin • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I recently graduated from the full-time Full-Stack Web Development bootcamp at Northwestern this past April, and would highly recommend this program to anyone considering a coding boot camp. On first signing up, I was nervous about the lack of information and reviews I was able to find online. However, this was just due to the newness of the program, and I'm glad I didn't let it deter me.

The curriculum and especially the instructional staff were 5-star. CJ was a terrific instructor and very approachable, and so were all the TA's (Leah, Esdras, and Sabah). The teaching team truly exceeded my expectations, and I think my cohort was especially lucky in this regard. There was a good balance between project time, lectures, and class activities.  I always felt like I was learning a lot and was never left feeling bored or stagnant. I do agree with some of the other reviewers about the importance of commiting 25-35 hours outside of class to work on code, but also want to note that this is actually easier to accomplish than it sounds. I always wanted to spend more time out of class on the code we were learning - it didn't feel like work I had to make myself do most of the time.

I also want to mention that the main language taught in this program is definitely Javascript, which wasn't clear to me when signing up (I knew it was going to be taught, but Python was also advertised as being taught. We spent the majority of the course learning javascript and a couple days optionally learning Python). A few other things that the course stressed were learning how to use Git and Github while collaborating on projects, and Agile methods for developing a new product.

Another thing that was great to see was how diverse the cohort was - I was expecting to be one of the only women in the class, and this wasn't at all the case. Students came from all different backgrounds (from CS degrees to no coding experience at all, and everything in between), but everyone was awesome and it was a very inclusive environment overall.

Attending this boot camp was a blast and I learned more than I could have imagined in a span of 3 months. I was definitely sad when it was over, but I left feeling confident that I now have a marketable skillset with which to enter the job market as a new developer.

Wednesday, May 02 2018
    Thank you, Lauren! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and had such a positive experience with this program. It makes us proud to know our instructors and TA's provided you excellent guidance and support throughout your journey - we couldn't agree more that the whole team is pretty terrific! Like you noted, this course does require students to devote a significant amount of time outside of class to study, complete projects, and truly master the topics. It's great to hear you were so enthusiastic about your studies and enjoyed your time coding.

We do understand you would have liked to dive deeper into Python and appreciate your feedback. As we cover many technologies in a short amount of time, students are often given a high level understanding of certain topics, upon which they can continue to build on outside of class. We pride ourselves on teaching students how to learn, allowing them to easily learn other languages after the program ends.

We love hearing that you enjoyed collaborating with your classmates, as we intentionally foster a sense of community that encourages our students to network and form lasting connections. You put in the hard work and commitment to make the most out of the boot camp, and we applaud you as you step out into the job market as a developer.

We hope you're proud of all you accomplished, and we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!
  • Faizan Salman  User Photo
    Faizan Salman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I first signed up for the Northwestern Coding Bootcamp I did not really know what to expect. I was really nervous but that all died down after a week or so. The intructor and TAs were all really helpful and were very patient teaching us and all my classmates where all very friendly. Although it was not as much work as I expected you still needed to keep up everyday in order to fully comprehend what you were learning. It was more about what else you can do with your project or if you can learn a new method on your own time. Each project was different then the next and the level of difficulty grew pretty rapidly. If you kept with your work and tried to challenge yourself throughout the course I believe this course can be very beneficial. Although, their Career services are a bit slow and it is hard to keep up with all the homework and the projects along side with it. Overall, I enjoyed my time with the class and the course. not only leanred a lot but learned how to use my skills with a group/dev enviornment.

Monday, Apr 30 2018
    We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our team, Faizan! We love hearing that you found the instructors and TAs knowledgeable and helpful throughout the course, as we strive to create an environment that promotes dynamic learning with skilled instructors.

You make a great point about the course - it does require a heavy time commitment for success so that one can truly immerse themselves in the topics and assignments covered each week, in addition to the career services curriculum. It's our goal to foster a real sense of collaboration and community, so it's great to know you had such a positive experience with your classmates! We look forward to continuing to work with you 1:1 post-graduation and helping you feel best prepared for the job search, and we thank you for your feedback on our career services.

You put in the hard work and time to make the most of the program, and we applaud you as you continue to move forward in the web development world. We believe in all of our students and wish you the utmost success!
  • Jim Pratt  User Photo
    Jim Pratt • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When I was looking for a full-time coding boot camp to join and saw that northwestern offered one for web development, I was pretty sure that was the route that I wanted to go, but of course I had my doubts. The program seemed pretty new, and the reviews, while generally positive, were sparse. The recruiter I spoke to on the phone alleviated my concerns and I went ahead with it.

Fortunately, it exceeded my expectations in almost every way. First off, let me say that my instructors were absolutely fantastic. Shout outs to CJ, Leah, Sabah, and Esdras for making the experience educational, engaging, challenging, and, somehow, fun. If you put in the time and effort to understand the concepts, they would always be willing to help you out and make sure you were not quagmired in some simple issue and were able to move forward.

The content was very relevant. I feel that the coursework was changing as we went, which, in my mind, is a very good thing. There was a constant desire to make sure that the content being taught was as valuable as possible to the students, and that we would be released into the world with some very useful tools in our belts, and not with technology that may be falling out of favor.

In addition to the technologies and coursework taught, relevant career skills were engrained in us. From day one or two, we were taught how to use GitHub to commit changes and collaborate with others. Group projects forced us to work as a team and practice agile methodologies while managing common industry issues on a smaller scale, like writing thorough requirements and managing scope creep.

The one area that felt inconsistent was the career services aspect. To be fair, I believe that our cohort was caught in the middle of an employee transition, but the initial offerings were a bit glitchy and were missing the polish that the rest of the program offered. I am still working with the career team, and things have significantly improved since. The recruiter also mentioned that big-name companies frequently stop in to view group projects, and I never saw any of that, so that felt a bit misleading. Regardless, any rough patches here do not affect my overall opinion of the program.

To echo what some others have said, this program gives you what you are willing to put into it. They estimate that you need 40 hours of outside-class time per week to really do well in this class, and that felt pretty accurate for the time I needed to set aside to get things done. So, you might have to clear your social calendar for 3 months, but, If you work hard, and have cool projects to show when you graduate, your portfolio will speak for itself when it comes time to job hunt. If you are like me, and thrive when given educated direction, deadlines, insightful reasoning for the "why" behind things, and the power to make cool stuff that you can share with the world, then I highly recommend this program to you.

Friday, Apr 27 2018
    We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, Jim! We love reading feedback like yours, knowing this program has made such a positive impact. As you mentioned, this course is fast-paced and challenging. We commend you for all of the hard work and additional hours you put in; it can be taxing to learn so many new concepts and skills in only 12 weeks. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our curriculum, course structure, and collaborating with other classmates. It makes us incredibly proud to hear that our team as a whole, provided you with the guidance and support you needed to be successful - not only for the short-term but for your long-term web development aspirations.

We are always working to ensure our students have the best career services experience possible and are able to connect with the staff on a personal level. We appreciate your feedback on this aspect of the program, as that helps us to improve. Like you noted, our student support does not end upon graduation. We know job seeking is hard, and we are happy to hear our team is continuing to assist you during this time. We hope you continue having fun creating and coding amazing projects for the world. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for choosing our boot camp!
  • Susan Lippa  User Photo
    Susan Lippa • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As an April 2018 graduate of Northwestern’s Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp, I can happily say that the 12-week, full-time course was one of my most challenging yet rewarding educational experiences.

The course-work is definitely presented in “bootcamp” style: There is a vast amount of  challenging material covered in a very short period of time. For someone with no prior coding experience, the pre-work was essential in preparing me for those first few days of class, enabling me to build the confidence necessary to grind through the majority of the course-work.

The knowledge and dedication of the instructional staff was exceptional. The Instructor and the TA’s all had extensive subject-matter experience and were able to clearly demonstrate the various technologies. They were available before and after class to assist in answering questions and, most importantly, help us learn how to find the answers for ourselves.  During the more difficult material, they provided weekend reviews when requested.

Success in this course required devoting considerable time outside of class to understanding the material. The workload easily demanded 20+ additional hours per week. Some of that time was devoted to homework or project assignments, but a good bit involved independent research and review.

Finally, there is a career services component to the program. During the course, the interaction with career services seemed formulaic and one-size fits all. As an older “non-traditional” student, I was hoping for individualized advice specific to my situation. Now that the program is complete and I am working one-on-one with a career services counselor, I am expecting that to change.

All in, I found this course to be worth the expense and would recommend it to anyone looking to gain an understanding of full-stack web development to either alter or enhance their career path. Even as an individual with no prior coding experience, I feel that I am suitably prepared to pursue a career in the web development field.

Friday, Apr 27 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Susan! We recognize the importance of quality instruction and guidance, and as such we select instructors and TA's that are passionate about enabling student success. It’s excellent to hear that our team went above and beyond to provide you the support you needed. You are completely correct in that this is a challenging course; one in which individuals should expect to commit additional time to outside of class in order to successfully master the concepts and assignments. As you noted, preparing for the program with outside research can definitely shorten the learning curve. Thank you for sharing this useful insight with future students.

Our student experience does not end upon graduation, so we look forward to continuing to help you during your job search as you work 1:1 with your career director. We applaud all of the hard work you put into learning these valuable skills throughout your 12-week journey with us, and we wish you the very best of luck as you move forward in your career!
  • Matthew Womack  User Photo
    Matthew Womack • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A few months ago (Jan 2018), I enrolled in the Northwestern's Coding Bootcamp and went for the full-time program. I have a technology background, and I had a goal of updating my skills toolkit to reflect the prevalent skill set that is in wide use today. I prefer learning in a structured environment, and this program appeared to be a good fit.

I'm coming from a background in legacy systems, and enterprise system development.  I felt this was helpful for me to pick up concepts fast, but I'd like to also note that within the cohort, other students who were less exposed to technology than myself, done very well and had some awesome projects and HW assignments. If you don't have a technology background, that should not deter you.  What will get you through this course is a passion for learning new things, and a bit of grit and self-determination!

The shining star for me was the teaching staff - the instructor (CJ), and the TAs (Leah, Estras, and Sabah) were outstanding!  They worked hard to teach us to tools, languages and development concepts in lecture.  I was highly engaged every day, through interactive lectures, homework, and projects.

The pace was fast throughout the 12 weeks - but the instructor and TAs checked in regularly with us, and tutor services were available to those who needed additional support.

The career services support was helpful as well.  It was good to have some insight into what employers are looking for, and interview strategies to help us be as successful as possible, to land that first job out of the boot camp.

Final thought - You get out of it, what you put into it. It's a demanding course, but worth it!

For anyone who is interested in transitioning to a web development career, I would recommend this course.  It also helps that this is one of the less expensive boot camp courses out there, compared to others from what I've seen.

Thursday, Apr 26 2018
    Thanks so much for your feedback, Matthew! You have provided some excellent insight and advice for future students here, and you are completely right; in this program, you only get out what you put in. The pace is fast, and it takes hard work and long hours, so we congratulate you on your efforts and accomplishments in expanding your existing programming skills.

We could not agree more that CJ, Leah, Estras, Sabah, and the whole team are all pretty amazing! Our instructors have a real passion for teaching and it shows. We're happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with our career services and student success teams, as our staff is truly dedicated to providing students with the instruction and help they need to navigate today's complex job market. We wish you success going forward and know that you’ll continue to do great things with your new set of skills!
  • Jordan  User Photo
    Jordan • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I throughly enjoyed the Northwestern University Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp, I attended the full-time session in the winter of 2018. I found the material to be relevant and the pass to be at a good clip. The instructional staff was amazing. I've been out of the program for just under a month now, I'm still waiting for career services to really kick-in. I'm what you'd call an "untraditional candidate" and I feel that some of the career advice during the program was a little too templated, so I'm looking forward to the one-on-one sessions provided post-graduation for the full-time cohort.

I decided to take the bootcamp because I'm also working on getting my master's in computer science from DePaul; however, that program does not really teach programming skills, more fundamental and advanced concepts, but unfortunately, a lot of the assignments with that program involve coding and this bootcamp was a nice compliment to that.

I definitely would reccomend this program to first time programmers, or those looking to further thier skills and become a full-stack developer. I think the time and money for this program are well spent given the level of academic rigor and instruction that is provided. Finally, I'd say that this program definitely attracks some of the nicest people to its program, our entire cohort still meet up and have been supporting each other throughout the post-grad job hunt. And less than a month out I already have interviews and one freelance gig lined up.

Thursday, Apr 26 2018
    Way to go, Jordan! We’re thankful you took the time to write this personal review. We pride ourselves on our proven curriculum, so we’re glad to hear you had such a positive journey as you worked to expand your existing programming knowledge base. We’re all about empowering our students and fostering a real sense of community, so it’s amazing to hear you’ve not only advanced your skills but created lasting relationships with your classmates.

Like you noted, your student experience does not end upon graduation. We appreciate your feedback on the career services you've received to date, and we look forward to continuing to work with you 1:1 post-graduation and helping you feel best prepared for the job search. You’ve definitely put in the hard work, so we congratulate you on your accomplishments! We know you will go on to do great things in your current and future endeavors.
  • Brendan • Graduate

If you are someone who craves opportunities for creative problem solving, then this course will be a perfect fit for you. You also need to have discipline and be self motivated to learn the materials if you wish to truly excell during the program. The instructotional staff is awesome, and will help you a long the way, but you will need to spend a lot of time outside the class really nailing down the material if you want to stand out. I came into the program with little knowledge of web development and by the end was able to build full stack web apps that I could truly be proud of. Wether you are looking to start a career in web development, or just looking to pick up some new skills, I highly recommend the full stack web development bootcamp at Northwestern!

Thursday, Jun 06 2019
    Thanks, Brendan! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and benefited from the support of our team. Great advice for prospective students—you will need to be disciplined and dedicate extensive time to master the course material. Congratulations on completing the program, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • NUEVA201901FSF3
    - 5/22/2019
    Sam Jacob • Student

In order to succeed in bootcamp, you need to do what that instructor in legwarmers said in that episode of Fame. This is Debbie Allen telling her students hoping for Broadway fame, that if they really want it, they will have to PAY in sweat. And a lot more sweat than they realize.

Essentially, every week in bootcamp, you should probably spend about 17 hours of studying, working, learning to code. This is not including class time, or time getting to class or even even about half of your time in office hours, which are available to help you with coding outside of class time. Some of those office hours are going to be spent fixing installations on your computer so you can DO the homework and understand what is happening in class. So really, you need to factor in a good 2 to 3 hours of outside work, every day. In my experience many people say they will do that. In practice, many people only start putting in this time far too late in the course, like in the past two or three months, after the second group project. By that point, you are already not getting your moneys worth.

Because of the intensity of pace, it is not uncommon to find students attempting to fake it until they make it. That can succeed or fail depending on several arbitrary factors, (only some of which you have any control over, just as in in the real world.) Literally in class there will be times when the instructor JUST slacked out the instructions and a TA is already breathing down your neck, watching you code like a hawk, seeing whether you know anything. This can be intimidating and many people under that pressure pretend they know what is going on. Other students ask the TAs to literally do each and every next step for them or complain out of frustration, or get bored and leave class early.

Ideally you should try and find a spot in between those two extremes: knowing when to balance getting outside help and when you can count on yourself alone to catch up is a huge determinant in your success in this program. Knowing when to be present and just soak in what you can even if you are behind, and knowing when that isn't worth it as you have too much work to catch up on.

In boot camp, you do have a lot of resources available to you, online resouces, an hour of online tutoring or live coding assistance per week, class hours with TAs before and after class to assist you, plenty of potential messages from class mates and career guidance. But most of these resources are spread out over the course in allocations. You miss a week of tutoring you can't make it up. Once that week is over, if you didn't use that weeks hour, it is already removed from your reserve. Very rarely exceptions are made due to extreme life situations. So in reality, you need to start plugging away from the very beginning. The more you slack off, the less likely you will succeed.

This is essentially a double-whammy with career services. All the work you do on resume building, keeping on track with career milestones and keeping your resume marketable and applying for jobs, all of that is supposed to happen ON TOP of the 14-17 hours a week coding, and going to class. As a result, many students do not take full advantage of the career building stuff until later in the course, and sometimes only after graduation. By that time, in many cases it is too late.

Most of the students are working full time in another job and are in "part-time" in the program. This is kind of a misnomer. There actually is a full-time version of the course, but that is really for people who are willing to learn to code LITERALLY EVERY MINUTE OF THEIR LIFE.  You would have to be able to code while you are literally on the toilet or driving to class somehow. I have no idea how they do it. Part time students go to class three days a week, usually 2 workweek days in the evening and one weekend during the day. They also spend 2 hours a day coding, but the crucial thing is how they spend that time.

Over six months you will be expected to complete: a) 16-18 assignments, about one per week, some of which are much harder to accomplish than they seem at the get go b) 8 career milestones, really guided tours of how to do job searches and prepare for trying to enter the industry as well as c) 3 difficult group projects. How to balance turning in a few assignments late, skipping class, or knowing when to stay on track with course work or which networking or job fair events are crucial to you and which aren't as central? A lot of that comes with knowing who to ask what questions and most crucially when.

Some of the course material is starting to seem out of date, but many of the basics are still going to be the same, and many tasks require learning to walk before you can run. The students and instructors are great, many people are really kind and insightful, but really your success in this program is based on you. How much time are you willing to take? You say you want to learn to code. Do you really mean it? It can be a hard question to know the answer to. Just make sure if you DO spend the money, you also give yourself a big block of time and that you have the structure in place to keep yourself on track.

Thursday, Jun 06 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Sam! We appreciate your detailed guide to the program, as it provides helpful advice for prospective students. Like you mentioned, your success in the course will ultimately depend on you and how much time and effort you're willing to dedicate. We applaud all your hard work and commend you taking advantage of all the boot camp's resources. Congratulations on completing the program and best of luck moving forward!
  • Timothy Cho • Student

The full-stack web development bootcamp I took at Northwestern was an amazing program and I took away so much out of it. But there were a couple things that I believe could ultimately improve how to teach coding.

The reason why I love coding so much, is that there are hundreds or thousands of ways to complete a task. How you accomplish that task is completely unique and up to you and tests the limits of your creativity. Obviously the more knowledgable you are at coding, the more tools you have at your disposal, which expands the boundaries of your creativity.

What I think that this bootcamp, or any bootcamp of that matter, can do to truly help students to learn how to code in their own way, is to give them a lot of freedom of what projects they want to accomplish. That means, getting rid of group projects. I do believe that group projects are very important in learning to collaborate with others, because great websites, softwares, app, etc.) are made possible thanks to the culmination of hundreds of people working together. But I think learning to be creative and making your own projects, that are your idea, and yours alone, takes precedence over learning how to collaborate. When I would work on group projects, we would all have to brainstorm ideas that we all had to compromise on. That means you would be working on some idea that you're not really excited about which can kill your excitement, leading to half-assed work.

Also, trying to accomplish tasks together on your colloborated idea can diminish the effect of truly learning how to code, essentially. The best way I personally learn is knowing what I'm trying to accomplish, and creatively making my own steps towards reaching that goal. That means you put to test your creativity/knowledge, on what ways work and what doesn't, which ultimately sculpts how you view the way coding works and you can change your approach on a future project.

Coding is a totally creative process and is what makes it so beautiful. Bootcamps should be focusing on taking each students' own creativity, and helping to shape it into a way that translates well into code in their own unique way.

Thursday, May 23 2019
    Thank you for review, Timothy! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and took away so much from your experience. We strive to provide students with as many collaborative learning opportunities as possible as the ability to work with others is an important aspect of programming and professional environments. But all students have different learning styles, so we understand you would have preferred more freedom when it came to building projects. We appreciate your input as we're constantly updating our curriculum to meet our students' needs. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we wish you all the best as you move forward!
  • Dan D • Student

I almost withdrew after the first week, but I didn't and am glad I stayed in the program.

The reason I almost left was because I was a liberal arts major coming into something very unfamiliar than what I had done in prior school or prior work for the past 10+ years. Even though I did the part-time program, it moved very quickly and took up a lot of time outside of my day job (around 25-30 hours every week). I had to make good use of resources outside of the program, such as Codecademy and Udemy, to help reinforce topics I was having trouble with. I wish I had done an into Javascript course on Codecademy prior to the start of class; that would have helped out a lot. I highly, highly recommend supplemental video coursework, which isn't that expensive on the aforementioned sites, to bolster your learning throughout the bootcamp.

Here are the positives of this program:

-instructional staff (especially the TAs) were great and one of the main reasons I was able to succeed
    -breath of material covered was broad, which gave a lot of exposure to many topics
    -my weekly tutor session was also invaluable to cover concepts that were hard or to help prep me for the homework
    -I liked all the students in my class; everyone was supportive and no one judged anyone if they were having a hard time with a concept

Here are the challenges with the program:

-Career services set up milestones for you to hit to be able to be ready to market yourself (I appreciated the structure), but they were a largely invisible presence in the whole process (a check-in or in-person stop in would have been valuable)
    -The pace of the class moves very fast, even if it was part-time (so be prepared for that...I thought I was, but I wasn't)
    -Remote sessions were hard to follow and supplemental material provided by the bootcamp were not always helpful

Overall, many students, including myself, felt 'imposter syndrome'--the sense that you're faking your tech skills and not really knowledgeable. I mention this because the bootcamp, if you put in the time and effort, can really make a difference in your career prospects--whether it's changing a career or improving a career by including some tech into your background. During this course, I was asked (and paid!) to build some websites for clients and a buddy and I are working on those projects together as freelancers. With three projects, I was able to cover about half the tuition cost, which makes it totally worth it. Even if I didn't get the jobs, coding is a hot area now and it doesn't hurt to build those skills into your resume.

Thursday, May 23 2019
    Amazing, Dan! Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program, one that will require you to dedicate extensive time outside of the classroom to master the course material. We commend all your hard work and are happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team.

We're always working to optimize our program and bolster our support services, so we appreciate your helpful input. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review!  We're rooting you on as you continue on your new career path.
  • Jeffery Brown • Release Leader • Graduate

The Northwestern Data Science Boot Camp was a challenging experience, and it met my goals to build a strong foundation in Data Science.  As an experienced engineer, I had made use of Excel VBA programming to build tools to improve day to day work, and I had seen some of the work being done by others on Data Analytics, Visualizations, and Machine Learning.  I wanted to get a broader understanding of aspects of Data Science and Analytics, and to do so in an environment where I could get hands-on engagement with techniques being used today in job market.  The Northwestern Data Science Boot Camp provided the scope of content and the pace of learning need to provide the knowledge, exercises, project work, and other offline learning i needed to meet my goals.

The Instructors were experience Data Scientists with good perspective on the content and its practical application.  The Teaching Assistants were also knowledgeable and eager to provide support and assistance when needed.  Being in-class (vs. remote) was a big consideration as I looked at various options, and I feel the learning environment and the other students I worked with were really a positive experience for me.

The Career component runs in parallel with the Academic part of the program, and with the pace of the Academic content is was difficult to keep up with the Career milestones.  But, I did have positive interactions with the career team, and I do plan to continue engagement with the career folks to steer my career towards more Data Science type work.

If you're looking for relevant knowledge taught by people with real-world experience in a program that provide good hands-on engagement, this is a good program to consider.

Wednesday, May 15 2019
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Jeffery! We're happy to hear you were able to broaden your current skill set and benefited from the comprehensive course material. We're always striving to foster a collaborative environment, so it's great you enjoyed being in-class and working alongside other classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we look forward to providing you with continued one-on-one career services support! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Pac • Web Dev • Graduate

Do not sign up for this bootcamp if you are assuming that the university name has anything to do with the quality of the material.
    You will be highly disappointed if you set your expectations this way.
    This is strictly a review of Trilogy Education Services, and their methods for building the camp with a ___ University name slapped on.

I'm not going to say that this bootcamp was not valuable - there were positive takeaways and learning experiences -- BUT -- those positives came solely from the bonds I made with my peers and small portions of the teaching staff.

TEACHERS
    The instructor choices were a mixed bag. We had one teacher who was highly knowledgable on the subjects, and struggled to point students in the right direction with the curriculum and pace supplied by Trilogy. The other instructor was a complete mess, with no pedagogical knowledge whatsoever, and barely grasped the materials of our program. The second instructor conducted themselves as if they had only just introduced the material, creating endless frustration and confusion on a weekly basis within my cohort. Red flags for miles.

ORGANIZATION METHODS
    Trilogy's administration was incredibly disorganized throughout the entire process, frequently mixing me up with other students, unable to manage meetings and calendars, providing little technical insight throughout the career portion of their service, generally unable to keep track of their own system. You need to be a serious advocate for yourself, and hold each person on Trilogy's team accountable by tracking their follow-up, to make sure that you get what you need and deserve from the money and time you're investing.

ATTITUDES
    Trilogy's attitude toward you and their work is entirely a "by your own bootstraps" mindset. They WILL play some psychological cards by saying your success is only on you (and for the educational determination portion of this experience, they're right, it is), but they WILL NOT be very helpful in managing the technological errors of their student portal, nor the pedadogical errors in their instructor decisions, nor the miscommunication errors of their internal staff.
    You WILL be investing a lot of your own limited time helping to keep them organized, and you WILL constantly  need to be verifying and re-confirming their conversations with you. It is possible to do well, with a lot of added frustrations.

THOUGHTS
    The application process before the course began felt a lot like a fast-paced, high-pressure sale, and they were not able to answer simple questions about demographics and success rates. Their responses to these questions were naive and downright lies ("We don't like to view our students as numbers"). If you're truly determined to take this huge educational step with Trilogy, ask the tough questions before you commit. If any of their answers make you feel uneasy or unsure, know that there are many, many different coding bootcamps out there, and invest wisely elsewhere.

Tuesday, Apr 16 2019
    Thank you for your review, Pac. It's great to hear you made lasting connections with your classmates. As you noted, the Northwestern School of Professional Studies has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to offer the Northwestern Coding Boot Camp. Northwestern is deeply involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of our classes, and routinely meet in conjunction with TES to monitor the student experience and performance. Both Northwestern and TES are completely dedicated to transforming students' lives and are fully transparent about this relationship throughout the entire course experience.

We understand your instructors did not live up to your expectations. We do ensure that the instructors we hire are industry professionals, with a minimum of three years of experience as active practitioners in the field. Every candidate is vetted by Northwestern and trained in instructional best practices before stepping inside a classroom. We hire established professionals in lieu of traditional professors to best simulate real-life working environments, and fewer than 2.5% of all screened candidates are selected.

The student experience is our priority, and to ensure a positive learning environment, we actively monitor instructor performance through weekly student feedback surveys, video audits of the classroom, and instructor coaching sessions. We also provide supplemental resources throughout the course and host structured review sessions to increase academic understanding of core concepts and frameworks. We are quick to respond to any student concerns and provide a voice for all of our learners through weekly surveys and office hour sessions. Throughout this process, we have collected over 200,000 feedback forms to date, making necessary enhancements based on student and instructor insights. However, we know that not all teaching styles will resonate with all participants.

As this is a boot camp, we recognize the course material is fast-paced and challenging while covering a wide range of topics. We pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to learn, providing a strong foundation of skills that will allow them to easily dive into other frameworks and languages, even after completing the program. As an accelerated learning environment, it is important that we foster a community of students where everyone can contribute to each other's success and growth. We encourage individuals to collaborate and directly contribute to the course during class, projects, and study groups. Our team works hard to ensure every student feels supported throughout every step of the way, however, we are constantly improving our responsiveness to ensure learners are being heard and assisted, so we appreciate you sharing this key insight.

As you noted, we do have a multi-step admissions process. During this time, we evaluate individuals to ensure they are aware of the extensive time they will have to dedicate to their studies and are truly committed to their coding journey. We do not report on success rates because we believe the appropriate measures of a boot camp lie in the quality and career services offered. We take pride on our cutting-edge curriculum and holistic approach to learning, providing more than 75 hours of professional development to each student, consisting of technical interview training, portfolio reviews, resume/social media profile support, online Tech Talk panels, and one-on-one meetings with their Career Director.

We sincerely care about all our learners and would welcome the opportunity to further discuss how else we can support you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (312) 416-9979. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you great success moving forward!
  • Data Science
    - 2/16/2019
    Saira Jahangir • Student

I'm respectively a medical professional with no prior analytic or coding experience. While working in clinical research for a few successful years, I got fascinated with the exploratory data interpretation and visualization methods. For this apparent reason, I correctly carried out my extensive search for various Data Science Boot Camp classes. Comprehensively, Northwestern Data Science BCS program steered my possible way as to how I can accurately apply their data analytics tools into my research career. Their practical understanding tactfully encouraged me to use the qualitative data point interpretations methodically. The BCS of Northwestern University with no reasonable doubt is efficiently designed and has made the learning process easier. The education team along with their concerned management are always there to willingly support my limited knowledge as to how I can tactfully recognize the data analytics specific codes. The talented team generously stimulated my possible path of questionable action and then to correctly apply to their terminologies. They undoubtedly assisted me to cruise through a challenging time during class work or homework. Northwestern BCS has indeed equipped me with practical tools whether it's merely their talented instructors or from the competent career service team. Their career service has directly provided straightforward strategies and exercises which are helpful to get gainfully employed into data science.

Monday, Feb 18 2019
    Way to go, Saira! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to learn the fundamentals of data science to apply in your current career role. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you sharing your experience! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Brandon • Student

I decided to purse the career path of full stack developer due to my passion for technology and my interest in computers. I come from a mental health background as a fully licensed clinician that was ready for a major change in my life and career.  Even though I had dedicated all of my post-graduate career to social services, I needed  a change for my life. I took some free online courses that I felt were helpful in getting me more interested in programming, however without a structured approach to learning, I struggled to connect concepts and do something practical with what was being taught in those courses. I found positive reviews from Northwestern and was looking for an intensive program that would help prepare me for a career switch at an affordable cost in a high quality program.

I'm about halfway completed with the program and I've really enjoyed the intensity of the program and the sense that you are actually learning practical and useful skills for a potential employer. You quickly are building websites and web applications which helps connect the concepts learned into real world application. The program does a good job of stressing how intensive the program is, and I also can't stress this enough. This course is not a 'sit back and soak in the information'. The instructors are very knowledgeable and approachable and really do want to help and teach you. I ask tons of questions to instructors and teacher assistants and they are always eager to help.

If you want to be successful in this program, be ready to dedicate a lot of time to learning. I found it extremely helpful to constantly try to stay ahead of the course as much as possible and not fall behind in understanding homework or concepts. The moment I recognize that I'm not clear on a concept, I'm utilizing the huge range of supports that the program offers to get caught up immediately. The pace is extremely fast and if you begin to struggle to understand a concept, it can start to snowball very quickly since the course does not back track often.

Tuesday, Feb 12 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Brandon! We're thrilled you chose our program to make a major career change. It's great to hear you're enjoying the hands-on projects and utilizing the boot camp's resources. Like you said, in order to be successful, you have to put in the hard work. Congratulations on reaching the midway point! We commend your dedication and are cheering you on as you continue towards graduation.
  • Angelo • Student

I'd been wanting to learn programming for some time, but didn't really know where to start. I tried online sites like codeacademy and seemingly the only thing that stuck was doubt - Am I learning relevant tools, how on earth do I apply this stuff in the real world?

Now I can confidently say there's no doubt in my mind. The instructional staff didn't just walk through the code like a robot, but took you through their thought process, demo'd their personal workflows, and brought in real world applications of the technology whenever possible. You could really feel the passion and enthusiasm for the material. Then there is a support admin staff that is constantly checking in with you to make sure you are understanding the material, and setting you up with tutors when needed. This created a warm learning environment which felt like we were all in it together and nobody was going to be left behind.

I graduated with a very marketable skillset and a great approach for continued learning in the field. Which is exactly what I was after. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and would recommend it to anyone willing to invest the time.

Friday, Feb 08 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Angelo! We're thrilled you felt encouraged and supported by our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you recommending our course! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Tarah • Jr Web Developer • Student

This Bootcamp is definitely for very beginners. My first 6 weeks of the program were amazing and I probably learned more in that 6 weeks than I did most of my college career. However, our instructors switched and we went from having an amazing instructor who would review before class and would sit one-on-one with us, to someone who just really did compare (they were an amazing and intelligent person, but the teaching style was not what everyone in the class had come to love and relearning a new teaching style is very difficult in a program like this).
    The big selling points are "Northwestern" (remember it is run by Trilogy still, it is just a course that was approved by Northwestern) and "Career Services". Northwestern was amazing. Career services were a joke. I created a portfolio, resume and cover letter and barely got any feedback about them, and the only reason I did get feedback was because myself and another student complained about never hearing from our career specialist.
    Another big issue I had was a kid in the class literally cheated his way through the Bootcamp (he copied other people's repo's on GitHub line for line), and that's all fine and dandy because he wasted his own time and money, but they handed him a certificate when he didn't earn it and we signed clauses in our contracts saying plagiarism would not be tolerated.
    I'm not going to say I didn't gain anything from this Bootcamp, it was a lot of work and very hard, but make sure you find the Bootcamp that's right for you and really apply yourself. Be the first person there and the last person to leave. I landed an unbelievable job and I'm not sure I could have done it without going to A BOOTCAMP.
    Shop around, ask the right questions, make sure you want a full stack program, etc. Then make your own choice. May the force be with you.

Thursday, Oct 25 2018
    Thank you for your review, Tarah! We are so glad to hear you learned so much during your time in the program. As you noted, Northwestern School of Professional Studies has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to offer the Northwestern Boot Camps. Northwestern is deeply involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of our classes, and routinely meet in conjunction with TES to monitor student experience and performance. Both Northwestern and TES are completely dedicated to transforming students' lives.

We regret your cohort underwent an unexpected change in instructors and understand that this impacted your experience. We know not all teaching styles will resonate with every individual and adjusting to a new teaching method can be difficult. We are glad to hear that you found your new instructor to be knowledgeable in the subject matter.

Our career support is built on the principle of empowerment. While we do not secure direct employment for students, we empower them the best we can with the necessary tools and support for entering the job market, including resume support, 1:1 coaching, and technical interview training. We take input like yours seriously and are continuously working to provide our students with valuable feedback and the job career assistance they need to be successful.

We know how rigorous this course is and commend all the hard work you devoted—you have earned all of your success! Mastering our curriculum takes hours of dedication and personal, hands-on coding experience, and we take plagiarism seriously. Students commit to adhering to a high standard of academic integrity upon course enrollment. In cases where plagiarism is discovered or reported, together, the SPS and TES administrative teams take appropriate action.

We sincerely care about each one of our students and would welcome any other suggestions you may have to further enhance our boot camp. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (312) 416-9979. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new career role! We wish you all the best moving forward.
    - 10/22/2018
    Eric Korslin • Student • Student

Overall, I would give the Boot Camp at Northwestern a solid A.  Our instructor was extremely engaging & knowledgable in the topics relevant to the current job market.  Additionally, he was a motivator who pushed us when necessary...the coarse is by no means a sprint -- more of a marathon.  Regardless, I feel great about the experience, especially when looking at opportunities for career transition in the Chicagoland area.  The Northwestern brand, also, carries a weight all its own, and should help land me on the professional path I've been working toward.

Thursday, Nov 29 2018
    Thank you for your review, Eric! We're thrilled to hear your instructor was extremely knowledgeable and encouraging. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous program, we commend all your hard work. We wish you all the success in your upcoming career search and future endeavors!
  • Motolani A. Alimi • Graduate

I joined the Data-Science bootcamp at Northwestern University because I was seeking a career change and excited for the next chapter or phase of my life. I already loved Statistics and the possibilities with machine learning and Data manipulation with different programming languages such Python & R thrilled me so much, I had a deep hunger for more knowledge and boy! did that get that from day one!

My favorite aspect of the program was the immense support from the boot camp team they truly want to see you succeed and fulfill your destiny and calling. They offered sound advice in regards to what you will experience in a real-time example of work and then we received great feedback on each of the assignments which meant that there is great potential to be on the expert level of each of the subject matter.

My advice for prospective students is to always strive for Excellence but also check your wellness status. You will excel when you feel confident in your craft. Always seek counsel from other experts, they will help you get on the right and comfortable path.

Signing out,

Motols. :-)

Monday, Oct 15 2018
    Amazing, Motolani! We are so glad you chose our program to make such an exciting career change. It's great to hear our entire team supported you throughout your boot camp journey and provided great feedback. Great advice for prospective students — we completely agree that you will excel when you feel confident in your craft. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best moving forward!