NGT Academy is an immersive, military-grade cybersecurity bootcamp in California, Texas, and online. NGT Academy was founded by two Air Force veterans with the goal to train other veterans for the cybersecurity job market. NGT Academy’s Zero To Engineer™ training framework takes students from beginner to job-ready within 6 months. The Zero To Engineer™ framework provides immersive, hands-on skills training with real world projects, labs, mentorship, career coaching and providing skills-based certifications to ensure graduates are job-ready. Full-time and part-time programs are available. The part-time track requires a 20-hour per week commitment and caters to the needs of students who are completing the bootcamp while working full-time.
During the network engineering curriculum, students learn about IT architecture and networks using tools such as Cisco IOS Command Line, Cisco Packet Tracer, terminal emulators, packet sniffer, TFTP and FTP server/client, syslog servers and more. During the Cyber Security Advanced Training portion of the program, students will learn how to identify and analyze threats, about the fundamentals of cryptography, network security, secure protocols, and more. The bootcamp provides students with the opportunity to work on multiple labs. Students learn how to build networks that simulate full-scale, real-world networks. Within the cybersecurity training, students participate in 25 virtualized labs to identify and analyze threats to a system. Students explore tools such as Wireshark, metasploit, nmap, VPS, CVSS, CVE, IPSec, and more. Students have access to weekly, scheduled coaching and three mentoring sessions as well as a workbook containing supplemental material, program guides, labs, and homework.
After a simple, online application, applicants can select between cybersecurity and the network engineer track, take a skills assessment test, and complete an interview. Graduates of the NGT Academy Cyber Security program receive the following certifications: NGT Academy Cyber Security Associate (NCSA) and the CompTIA Security+. Graduates of the NGT Academy Full Stack Network Engineer (FSNE) program receive the following certifications: NGT Academy Full Stack Network Associate (FSNA), NGT Academy Full Stack Network Professional (FSNP), and the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Recent NGT Academy Reviews: Rating 4.69
Recent NGT Academy News
- Inside Cybersecurity Career Services at NGT Academy
- How Iris Launched a Networking Career after NGT Academy
- May 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- Virtualization, Networking, Mobile Security, Cryptography, Penetration Testing, Network Security, Linux, Ethical Hacking
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week7 Weeks
Start Date October 18, 2021 Cost $4,500 Class size 15 Location Phoenix, OnlineNGT Academy’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) boot camp provides students with 42 hours of live instruction spread over 7 weeks from EC-Council certified master instructors. Geared towards the toughest topics on the CEH exam, this small batch bootcamp ensures that students get the preparation they need to obtain one of the industry’s most in demand certifications.
Deposit N/A FinancingWe’ve partnered Climb, a well-known financing company, to give all eligible students the option to pay for the program with monthly payments for up to 24 months. Tuition Plans Upfront, pay with a loan, pay with installments Refund / Guarantee Exam insurance Scholarship Yes, contact us for details
Minimum Skill Level Recommended prerequisites: CompTIA Security+ certification, 2 or more years of IT experience, Computer: Modern multi-core CPU, minimum 8 GB RAM (16GB recommended), modern OS (Windows, macOS or Linux) Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesOctober 18, 2021 - Online Apply by October 13, 2021
- Virtualization, Mobile Security, CompTIA Security+, Cryptography, Ethical Hacking, Networking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
In PersonFull Time24 Hours/week14 Weeks
Start Date November 04, 2021 Cost $12,500 Class size N/A Location Phoenix, OnlineThis robust training program provides students with a foundational understanding of the most important concepts and skills to prepare for a career in Cyber Security. In addition to learning through high quality instruction, students will also perform real-world labs and scenario based missions all throughout the program. The program begins with an Introduction to Networking for Cyber Security and then transitions into the NexGenT Cyber Security Associate course where students will prove their basic knowledge to obtain their NCSA certification. After achieving the NCSA, students will prove their skills in a cyber security range to obtain their NCSP, professional-level certification. And lastly, students will work toward their CompTIA Security+ certification!
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Live-cohort: Upfront, Income Share Agreement (ISA), pay with a loan, pay with installments Scholarship Yes, service members or veterans with an active security clearance may qualify. Contact us for more details.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
More Start DatesNovember 04, 2021 - Online Apply by October 27, 2021April 21, 2022 - Phoenix Apply by March 30, 2022
Start Date April 14, 2022 Cost $12,500 Class size N/A Location Phoenix, OnlineThe Full Stack Network Engineer (FSNE) Program is designed to jumpstart and accelerate your IT career with a hands-on approach to technical education and career mentorship. Through this program you will learn the most important foundational concepts and real-world skills to become a successful network engineer in the modern enterprise. In addition to rolling out over 100+ hours of real-world projects, you will prove your skills by working to achieve the Full Stack Network Associate (FSNA), Full Stack Network Professional (FSNP), and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications. During your journey, you will also work with dedicated career coaches to learn the most effective career strategies and tactics and help you best prepare for job success. Let's dive in to the most comprehensive network engineering program on the planet. It's time to #LevelUp and become a rockstar engineer!
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Income Share Agreement (ISA)
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesApril 14, 2022 - Phoenix Apply by February 28, 2022
NGT Academy Reviews
13 reviews sorted by:
- FULL STACK NETWORK ENGINEER- 10/16/2021Annu Ghotra • NOC Technician • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInI joined Nexgent Bootcamp in April 2021. Everybody perspective is different while joining the organization. I was looking for stepping in to IT. I tried my best but never successful. I was watching movie on YouTube and Nexgent add pop up. I always skip such adds because it's hard to trust anyone. One day I thought lets try. I fill application for Full Stack Network Engineer course. I already have my CCNA and CCNP before joining this boot camp. This program gives me lot of knowledge and practice on most of the things that Network engineer do in the real time. I would like to give five stars to the career team. They helped me in making my resume, cover letter, linkedIn, and portfolio. I did everything as taught by Kim Wood. I finally land a job as a NOC Technicain without any prior experience in IT. I love my job. Tight schedule. I would like to thank you Nexgent team for helping me to achieve my goals. I hope Nexgent also starts training program for CCNP and CCIE certs. Thank you Nexgent for making me from zero to hero. It’s time to level UP and become a rockstar engineer.
- The Confidence Booster- 9/16/2021Marco Lopez • Systems Engineer • Graduate • Course: Network Engineer (Part-Time) • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was able to conquer my imposter syndrome and gain confidence into getting myself out there in the IT industry with a breeze thanks to this program. A definite recommendation to anyone in doubt and in need of a little guidance. Great instructors, great mentors, great guidance, and of course, they have Rob Coble.
- Cyber Security Boot Camp- 3/13/2021Amer Saleemi • Cyber Security Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInI loved this program. It helped me get into cybersecurity and find a job. Whenever I did not understand anything the instructors went above and beyond to make sure I got it. The job assistance is implacable partially because they use ISA (Income share agreements) so if you don't get paid they don't get paid. So they have a vested interest in their student's success.
I recommend NexGenT to all my friends and family because it has been one of the best decisions of my life.
- Awesome Program- 5/28/2020Rahn Rose • Verified via LinkedIn
- Full Stack Network Professional- 5/6/2020Vaishav Shah • IT • Graduate • Course: Network Engineer (Part-Time) • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI enrolled in the Full Stack Network Engineer program which consisted of CCNA training and designing real-world deployments. I was a part of that program for about 6 months and they have weekly mentor calls which are very helpful. NexGenT has one of the best content for entry-level Network Engineers or people trying to break into IT. The instructors over there are amazing and almost all of them are in the IT industry for about 10 years. The best thing that I think sets NexGenT apart from other academies is their level of involvement in your career and a sense of belonging in their online community. Students try to help each other throughout the day and I've also had one of the instructors solve my doubt at about 2 am. All in all, it's a great learning academy and a sure-fire way to kickstart your career in IT.
- The Next Generation for Cyber Training- 5/6/2020Jon Mallory • Data Center Technician • Student • Course: Cybersecurity (Full-Time) • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWow, oh wow. Now, there are many educational institutions that can teach you material. In fact, you can teach yourself material online with little effort these days. But what most people lack is not an abundance of information and resources but instead a dedicated path. This path is very straight and narrow with NexGenT. Don't take what I said the wrong way. Straight and narrow simply means structured and intentional. NexGenT also does what other universities and online programs lack; Hands-on Training. The Cybersecurity course walks us through one module at a time, continuously building upon itself with live coachings and a cyber-range where we can practice our skills in a virtualized environment. The cyber range alone is a stand-out for NexGenT but the entire company as a whole does something that many organizations fail to do. NexGenT INVESTS in their students. Like the good father who teaches and disciplines his son, NexGenT is there to guide your every step and help you correct mistakes, not to mention set you up professionally regarding your future career. I HIGHLY recommend anyone that has been on the fence about getting into an online program (and even more so cybersecurity) reach out to NexGenT, Terry, Jacob, and all the team, and see how they can help you #levelup your life.
- Full Stack Network Engineer Student- 10/14/2021Deepak Chand • Senior research scientist • Student • Course: Full Stack Network Engineer (Full-Time) • Campus: OnlineThis is wonderful programm to get on to. They have very sharp minded mentors and career coaches. Whether you want to be in IT field or not, its going to be equally useful. It greatly helped me to secure a senior scientist position in a semiconductor industry.
- Great Experience- 10/13/2021Yaroslav Pekarsky • Student • Course: Full Stack Network Engineer (Full-Time) • Campus: Online
- Waste of money- 9/15/2020Darren S. • Supervisor • Student • Campus: OnlineYou won't learn anything here you can't learn on Udemy or youtube. This is not a school environment in anyway what so ever. In fact, unlike other schools, you don't have lifetime access to anything. You will still need to invest in certifications yourself. No help there. The cost for those? $350-$3500 each. They fail to tell you that. All they do is tell you what you can learn elsewhere. I learned nothing. Not one thing I didn't learn from Udemy. The difference? I paid thousands of dollars for something I already knew and learned on Udemy for less than a hundred dollars. They are expert salesmen. They will definitely make you feel good about the money you spent.
Response From: Paol of NGT AcademyTitle: Customer Success ManagerThursday, Sep 24 2020Hi Darren!Thank you for your feedback.We would love to help you in achieving your goals and make sure you get the most out of the program you signed up for.As you know, the goal of our self-paced Basic Training Program is to introduce students to Network Engineering fundamentals and prepare them for the CCNA certification exam. The exam fee to take the CCNA is $300.We are here to guide our students until they reach their goals. We host live coaching calls once a week to aid in mentoring them toward the CCNA goal.And with the recent Cisco updates, our modules have also been updated.In our new curriculum that is built into the program, we make sure students that are accepted into the program are learning our content and stay up to learning pace through quizzes, tests, and check-ins with instructors and career coaches.We would like to offer you the updated modules for free and would like to ask for you to provide feedback once you’re done.
- Zero to Engineer- 6/4/2020Michael Anacker • Student • Course: Network Engineer (Part-Time) • Campus: Online
- Hands-on skills improve confidence- 5/30/2020Al • Network Operations Support Technician • Student • Course: Network Engineer (Part-Time) • Campus: San JoseNexGenT has excellent patient and well-qualified instructors that put improving your specialized IT skills as a priority. Not only are you instructed, but your hands-on training and coaching make for a well-rounded experience that gives you the knowledge, skills and confidence to advance in the I.T. field. You must put in the time and effort to gain what you can to succeed, but they are definitely behind you every step.
- Cyber Security Cohort- 5/28/2020Andrew Millsap • Recruiter / Full-Time Student • Student • Course: Cybersecurity (Full-Time) • Campus: OnlineFirst week in, and what can I say? One of the best decisions I have made in my life to further my career. I am currently enrolled in a 6 month CyberSecurity program covering the basics of networking, cryptography, and so much more. I highly suggest anyone looking into a career transition or some job security to check out what they have to offer at https://www.nexgent.com There are a couple different payment plans (including an Income Share Agreement - with no money down upfront) Cybersecurity is everywhere we look... Especially as our digital lives become increasingly more prevalent due to the pandemic & online data storage. The #NexGenT staff is incredibly passionate about the program and are great at getting you pumped to learn the material. Cybersecurity is here to stay. There is likely more sensitive data on your mobile-device/computer than in your entire household. If you lock your doors at night, why wouldn't the same concept apply to securing all your online data? Check the Bureau of Labor Statistics and other employment tracking websites for proof. Cyber positions have continued to grow in demand even as a result of the pandemic, layoffs, and unemployment rates. How many other industries can say the same? Their platform is easy to use & includes a well-staffed, knowledgeable Career Services Team to help you #LevelUp and not only get your foot in the door but to accomplish all your dreams, goals, and visions you have for your life.