ngt-academy-logo

NGT Academy

Online, Phoenix

NGT Academy

NGT Academy is an immersive, military-grade cybersecurity bootcamp in California, Texas, and online. NGT Academy was founded by two Air Force veterans with the goal to train other veterans for the cybersecurity job market. NGT Academy’s Zero To Engineer™ training framework takes students from beginner to job-ready within 6 months. The Zero To Engineer™ framework provides immersive, hands-on skills training with real world projects, labs, mentorship, career coaching and providing skills-based certifications to ensure graduates are job-ready. Full-time and part-time programs are available. The part-time track requires a 20-hour per week commitment and caters to the needs of students who are completing the bootcamp while working full-time.

During the network engineering curriculum, students learn about IT architecture and networks using tools such as Cisco IOS Command Line, Cisco Packet Tracer, terminal emulators, packet sniffer, TFTP and FTP server/client, syslog servers and more. During the Cyber Security Advanced Training portion of the program, students will learn how to identify and analyze threats, about the fundamentals of cryptography, network security, secure protocols, and more. The bootcamp provides students with the opportunity to work on multiple labs. Students learn how to build networks that simulate full-scale, real-world networks. Within the cybersecurity training, students participate in 25 virtualized labs to identify and analyze threats to a system. Students explore tools such as Wireshark, metasploit, nmap, VPS, CVSS, CVE, IPSec, and more. Students have access to weekly, scheduled coaching and three mentoring sessions as well as a workbook containing supplemental material, program guides, labs, and homework.

After a simple, online application, applicants can select between cybersecurity and the network engineer track, take a skills assessment test, and complete an interview. Graduates of the NGT Academy Cyber Security program receive the following certifications: NGT Academy Cyber Security Associate (NCSA) and the CompTIA Security+. Graduates of the NGT Academy Full Stack Network Engineer (FSNE) program receive the following certifications: NGT Academy Full Stack Network Associate (FSNA), NGT Academy Full Stack Network Professional (FSNP), and the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).

Recent NGT Academy Reviews: Rating 4.5

all (18) reviews for NGT Academy →

Recent NGT Academy News

Read all (16) articles about NGT Academy →
  • Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)

Start Date March 07, 2022
    LocationPhoenix, Online
    NGT Academy’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) boot camp provides students with 42 hours of live instruction spread over 7 weeks from EC-Council certified master instructors. Geared towards the toughest topics on the CEH exam, this small batch bootcamp ensures that students get the preparation they need to obtain one of the industry’s most in demand certifications.
    We’ve partnered with Climb, a well-known financing company, to give all eligible students the option to pay for the program with monthly payments for up to 24 months.
    Tuition PlansUpfront, pay with a loan, pay with installments
    Refund / GuaranteeExam insurance
    ScholarshipYes, contact us for details
    Minimum Skill LevelRecommended prerequisites: CompTIA Security+ certification, 2 or more years of IT experience, Computer: Modern multi-core CPU, minimum 8 GB RAM (16GB recommended), modern OS (Windows, macOS or Linux)
    March 07, 2022 - Online
  • Cyber Security (Full-Time)

Start Date September 12, 2022
    LocationPhoenix
    This robust training program provides students with a foundational understanding of the most important concepts and skills to prepare for a career in Cyber Security. In addition to learning through high quality instruction, students will also perform real-world labs and scenario based missions all throughout the program. The program begins with an Introduction to Networking for Cyber Security and then transitions into the NexGenT Cyber Security Associate course where students will prove their basic knowledge to obtain their NCSA certification. After achieving the NCSA, students will prove their skills in a cyber security range to obtain their NCSP, professional-level certification. And lastly, students will work toward their CompTIA Security+ certification!
    Ascent Skills Fund, Mia Share and more
    Tuition PlansLive-cohort: Upfront, Income Share Agreement (ISA), pay with a loan, pay with installments
    ScholarshipYes, service members or veterans with an active security clearance may qualify. Contact us for more details.
    September 12, 2022 - Phoenix Apply by August 12, 2022
  • Cyber Security & Network Engineer Career Accelerator Program

THE #1 NETWORK ENGINEER PROGRAM + CYBER SECURITY ACCELERATOR! Launch your career in 4 months vs. 4 years. No previous IT experience or degree required. Start immediately, inquire to learn more.
    Ascent Skills Fund, Mia Share and more
  • Full Stack Network Engineer (Full-Time)

Networking, Network Security
    Start Date September 12, 2022
    LocationPhoenix
    The Full Stack Network Engineer (FSNE) Program is designed to jumpstart and accelerate your IT career with a hands-on approach to technical education and career mentorship. Through this program you will learn the most important foundational concepts and real-world skills to become a successful network engineer in the modern enterprise. In addition to rolling out over 100+ hours of real-world projects, you will prove your skills by working to achieve the Full Stack Network Associate (FSNA), Full Stack Network Professional (FSNP), and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications. During your journey, you will also work with dedicated career coaches to learn the most effective career strategies and tactics and help you best prepare for job success. Let's dive in to the most comprehensive network engineering program on the planet. It's time to #LevelUp and become a rockstar engineer!
    September 12, 2022 - Phoenix Apply by August 12, 2022
  • Appreciation
    - 12/7/2021
    PATRICK ILUNGA  User Photo
    PATRICK ILUNGA • Network Engineer Lab Admin • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    NGT academy is my first experience of learning online during COVID 19 period it was no easy and I appreciated work accomplished by NexGenT. I am now FSNP so I move on CCNP and CCIE EI.
  • Annu Ghotra  User Photo
    Annu Ghotra • NOC Technician • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I joined Nexgent Bootcamp in April 2021. Everybody perspective is different while joining the organization. I was looking for stepping in to IT. I tried my best but never successful. I was watching movie on YouTube and Nexgent add pop up. I always skip such adds because it's hard to trust anyone. One day I thought lets try. I fill application for Full Stack Network Engineer course. I already have my CCNA and CCNP before joining this boot camp. This program gives me lot of knowledge and practice on most of the things that Network engineer do in the real time. I would like to give five stars to the career team. They helped me in making my resume, cover letter, linkedIn, and portfolio. I did everything as taught by Kim Wood. I finally land a job as a NOC Technicain without any prior experience in IT. I love my job. Tight schedule. I would like to thank you Nexgent team for helping me to achieve my goals. I hope Nexgent also starts training program for CCNP and CCIE certs. Thank you Nexgent for making me from zero to hero. It’s time to level UP and become a rockstar engineer.
  • Marco Lopez  User Photo
    Marco Lopez • Systems Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was able to conquer my imposter syndrome and gain confidence into getting myself out there in the IT industry with a breeze thanks to this program. A definite recommendation to anyone in doubt and in need of a little guidance. Great instructors, great mentors, great guidance, and of course, they have Rob Coble.
  • Amer Saleemi  User Photo
    Amer Saleemi • Cyber Security Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I loved this program. It helped me get into cybersecurity and find a job. Whenever I did not understand anything the instructors went above and beyond to make sure I got it. The job assistance is implacable partially because they use ISA (Income share agreements) so if you don't get paid they don't get paid. So they have a vested interest in their student's success.

I recommend NexGenT to all my friends and family because it has been one of the best decisions of my life.
  • Awesome Program
    - 5/29/2020
    Rahn Rose  User Photo
    Rahn Rose • Verified via LinkedIn
    Nexgent provides clear, concise, and valuable training. Its program and mentors leave you with invaluable incite on engineering, the industry, career path, and successful habits. Great program!!
  • Vaishav Shah  User Photo
    Vaishav Shah • IT • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enrolled in the Full Stack Network Engineer program which consisted of CCNA training and designing real-world deployments. I was a part of that program for about 6 months and they have weekly mentor calls which are very helpful. NexGenT has one of the best content for entry-level Network Engineers or people trying to break into IT. The instructors over there are amazing and almost all of them are in the IT industry for about 10 years. The best thing that I think sets NexGenT apart from other academies is their level of involvement in your career and a sense of belonging in their online community. Students try to help each other throughout the day and I've also had one of the instructors solve my doubt at about 2 am. All in all, it's a great learning academy and a sure-fire way to kickstart your career in IT.
  • Jon Mallory  User Photo
    Jon Mallory • Data Center Technician • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Wow, oh wow. Now, there are many educational institutions that can teach you material. In fact, you can teach yourself material online with little effort these days. But what most people lack is not an abundance of information and resources but instead a dedicated path. This path is very straight and narrow with NexGenT. Don't take what I said the wrong way. Straight and narrow simply means structured and intentional. NexGenT also does what other universities and online programs lack; Hands-on Training. The Cybersecurity course walks us through one module at a time, continuously building upon itself with live coachings and a cyber-range where we can practice our skills in a virtualized environment. The cyber range alone is a stand-out for NexGenT but the entire company as a whole does something that many organizations fail to do. NexGenT INVESTS in their students. Like the good father who teaches and disciplines his son, NexGenT is there to guide your every step and help you correct mistakes, not to mention set you up professionally regarding your future career. I HIGHLY recommend anyone that has been on the fence about getting into an online program (and even more so cybersecurity) reach out to NexGenT, Terry, Jacob, and all the team, and see how they can help you #levelup your life.
  • NGT Academy Program
    - 12/18/2021
    Hamed Akanni • Graduate
     NGT Academy provides a great program that gives you the foundational knowledge to build upon to become an SME in Cyber Security and Network Engineering. With great instructors and career services they give you the tools you'll need to become job ready to excel in the industry!
  • Robert Hogan • Associate Engineer • Student
    Amazing program, with wonderful, knowledgeable instructors. Includes a full career success program with the bootcamp that allowed me to land a job right after my program completion.
    - 11/16/2021
    Heather Robbins • Graduate
    Career services (Kim - our career coach) and our main instructor Shirl were both extremely phenomenal to us as students. They both genuinely care about their jobs and their students. Kim made time for students during hours I've never seen a career coach offer services. Shirl gave us learning material that he didn't have to. He stayed late in class some days and even attended a few classes during non class days to help us catch up. He never made us feel silly for any questions asked.

There was an instructor, the main cyber instructor, who left our cohort very early on. We students were never given an explanation or heads up. This left class in a chaotic mess most days. We had a pen tester instructor who done his best I'm sure, but he's not really a direct instructor to students when it comes to power point so I didn't gain much from him because I had no experience in pen testing so it was quite hard to follow until the very end.

There was another instructor who came in shortly after the main cyber instructor left. He had no idea where we were in class, what material we had learned, what our currently skill level was as a class, and didn't really know what he should've been teaching most days. Probably wasn't all his fault when he was thrown into it and not given much because I believe behind the scenes there's a HUGE lack of communication with the instructors. But I didn't gain much from his teachings either. Most days I was active on Project Ares or TryHackMe while he was instructing. I learned so much more from both of those.

At the very end while we were going through death by power point for the security+ exam, the program should've had an actually sec+ instructor. Poor Shirl done the absolute best that he could, so grateful for him. However, we would (and future students will) benefit from an instructor whose primary mission is sec+ course material and teachings. If I had not studied my head off for numerous hours every day, attended private study sessions with some fellow students, and used the review guide Henry provides to us, I probably wouldn't have passed the sec+. It's far from an easy exam. The program needs to take its difficulty much more serious than they do.

Overall, we are overpaying by a lot for this program. We got a small USB thing in a packet at the beginning and I'm pretty irritated having to pay for that when we never got instructions on how to use it. Yes I get that one of the instructors made a video presentation, but there could've been live instruction too. WE ARE PAYING FOR IT!!! I don't necessary regret the program because it has given me some skills I will use in the near future, but I don't appreciate they promote it as "upon graduation we will get you into a high paying cyber role". All of that is fake! Only way for that to happen is if one has previous experience. I'm paying for career services and our instructor Shirl's amazingness as a teacher. That's what I will say is worth the total of the program upon completion.
  • Deepak Chand • Senior research scientist • Student
    This is wonderful programm to get on to. They have  very sharp minded mentors and career coaches. Whether you want to be in IT field or not, its going to be equally useful. It greatly helped me to secure a senior scientist position in a semiconductor industry.
    - 10/14/2021
    Yaroslav Pekarsky • Student
    Great experience, great teachers, information included in the course is updated. If you have a question, you will get an answer.
    #LevelUP