kenzie-academy-logo

Kenzie Academy

Indianapolis, Online

Kenzie Academy

Kenzie Academy is a college alternative that offers a 1-year, full-time, project-based course in Software Engineering and UX Engineering online or in Indianapolis, Indiana. Students in the Software Engineering program will learn will learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, and Python/Django and graduate as junior full-stack web developers. The UX program covers website design and research and front end coding. The curriculum was created by industry practitioners and designed to parallel today’s workplace. With the aim of mimicking a real career in technology, Kenzie students begin every day with a standup, work in virtual teams, and receive one-on-one mentorship. Beyond technical skills, Kenzie also teaches students the practical knowledge needed to thrive in today’s modern workforce. Designed around the modern student, Kenzie Academy is a college alternative that teaches learners of all ages – with little or no experience – the digital skills that lead directly to a new career in technology.

Kenzie Academy’s program is open to anyone interested in tech with no programming experience required. Prospective students should be familiar with web browsers and search engines and comfortable with symbolic reasoning. Kenzie is looking for people with the right attitude and aptitude for success.

With employer partners throughout the country, Kenzie directly connects graduates to in-demand jobs. Kenzie aims for graduates to leave with the knowledge and confidence to succeed, changing their opportunities, and the full trajectory of their careers.

Recent Kenzie Academy Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (48) reviews for Kenzie Academy →

Recent Kenzie Academy News

Read all (14) articles about Kenzie Academy →
  • SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON ( 12 MONTHS)

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, DevOps, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, Python
    LocationIndianapolis
    The Software Engineer track is designed to train our students to become skilled coders, while also equipping them with core computer science concepts, critical for advancement towards senior roles over time. The foundation of our curriculum includes learning the necessary coding skills as well as a sufficient understanding of how computers and systems work in order to architect, build, and maintain complex applications. Kenzie students who completed the Full-Stack Web Developer Track are eligible to apply for the Software Engineer Track. Students learn core computer science concepts and enterprise programming languages such as Java or equivalent.
    We offer Full ISA and Half ISA financing options, along with pay-in-full and payment plans
    Tuition PlansMonthly payment plan of $2,150/month Full ISA: 13% of income for 48 months
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents passing our cultural and technical assessment
    Prep Workhttps://online.kenzie.academy/
  • SOFTWARE ENGINEERING ONLINE (12 MONTHS)

LocationIndianapolis
    Full ISA and Half ISA available, along with Pay-In-Full or monthly payment plans
    Tuition Plansmonthly payment plan available, $2,150/month Or Income Share Agreement
    Minimum Skill Levelwe accept students with little to no coding experience
    Prep Workonline.kenzie.academy
  • USER EXPERIENCE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (12 MONTHS)

HTML, JavaScript, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationIndianapolis
    The emphasis is on developing proficiency in user experience design and front-end development, while providing a basic introduction to research, visual design, copywriting, project management, and software engineering. Graduates of this program will have the skills needed to be an entry-level User Experience (UX) Designer. A UX Designer's role is directly involved in the process of making a product useful, usable and enjoyable for its users. Through the program, students create a portfolio of individual and team projects that can be shown to future, potential employers. Students also learn to communicate effectively in an interview and professional setting.
    In an Income Share Agreement (ISA), you agree to pay a fixed percentage of your future earned income for a fixed period of time to Kenzie Academy. In exchange, you don’t have to pay the full cost of Kenzie tuition upfront.
    Tuition PlansPay-in-full, monthly payment plan at $2,150/month, or Income Share Agreement where you pay $100 to get started and nothing until you land a job making $40K/year
  • USER EXPERIENCE ENGINEERING ONLINE (12 MONTHS)

HTML, JavaScript, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Agile
    We offer ISA, Pay-in-full, or payment plans at $2,150/month
    Tuition PlansPay-in-full, monthly payment plan available at $2,150/month, or Income Share Agreement where you pay $100 to get started and 13% a month of your salary once you land a job making over $40K.
    Minimum Skill Levelwe accept candidates with little to no design and coding skills
    Prep Workonline.kenzie.academy
  • Mauricio Alvarado • Software Engineer Student • Student

I am currently a student at Kenzie, and my experience has been incredible , I feel like I'm learning so much and yet it hasn't even been more than 2 months . I can't wait to see what the future holds . The curriculum and staff and Kenzie is phenomenal not to mention my peer cohort students . Who are AWESOME  we are like a great big team always willing to help each other out and support one another !

• Justin Miller • Student

I am currently a student at Kenzie and started their Software Engineering track a month ago.  When I decided to change career paths from customer service to information technology, I wanted a program that would teach me more than just one programming language and give me tools to succeed in software development.  I found that at Kenzie.

I decided on Kenzie because of they offered a full stack program in a small amount of time but the content was robust.  Having a dual certificate from Butler University and Kenzie for the software engineering portion is also a nice bonus.  The main reason I like Kenzie is because of the people and environment at the campus.  From the first day that I took a tour everyone I met was kind and knowledgeable.  We are forming a great relationship with our cohort and with the larger academy community, so when changing careers like I am, you don't have to go it alone.

• Chris Wilson • Student • Student

I am a remote student for the Full Stack Developer course with Kenzie Academy (my sixth week in!). I have a multidisciplinary background that spans both civilian and military venues. Starting as a private in the military, becoming a manufacturing specialist,  manager,  pallet shop forearm, hauling 31 tons of beer up a mountain, to a nationally certified instructor in the civilian world. I have always wanted to work with computer software and development but I never had the opportunity as I was always traveling with work. I became disabled, through a rare medical condition, a little over a year ago and needed something to do with my time. I checked the internet for different careers I would be interested in. The Software Engineer certification offered by Kenzie academy would allow me to work remotely. I looked into several different computer-related boot camps. Almost every one of the boot camps wanted an exorbitant amount of money upfront while offering minimal training and no assistance with job placement. Kenzie filled the niche for my requirements and the potential career I was looking for due to my current medical condition. My plans are to stay with Kenzie academy through the entire two year program and get the job-ready training that they provide. With their connections and assistance with job placement, I know that I will have a viable career thanks for Kenzie Academy and their staff! If I can do it, you can also!

• Zach • Student

If you are looking for a program that is not only rigorous in its curriculum but will make you feel like you’re walking into a tech start-up on day one, seriously give Kenzie Academy some consideration.

I have previous work experience and was looking for something to help me make a career shift. What I needed wasn’t a 4-year program but rather something I knew would prepare me to walk into a career with the skills I’d need. Since coming to Kenzie I have started to think differently and approach problems from a more holistic perspective. It’s a tough program but very worth it.

• Shaquon Kelley • Student

I'm a SE student here at Kenzie Academy. I've been here for 8 months now and my experience here has been amazing. It's literally a dream come true that an opportunity like this would open up right here in the heart of Indy. Indy is my hometown but when I found out about Kenzie I was in Bloomington, IN trying to get back into school. To do that it would have taken me 2 years to transfer into the school I wanted to. After a year of trying that option out I started to look for other options. I knew from my college experience before and from my own research that coding and software development was a growing field so I looked up coding bootcamps in Indiana. Little did I know 4 months before that Kenzie Academy was starting up. Let's get this clear Kenzie is NOT a bootcamp and it's unlike any other school I've been to (I attended 2 other schools in Indiana before attending here). This school ended up being the answer to what I needed in life at that time. I needed a community of intelligent hardworking people, I needed a jump start to my career, I needed something close to home and lastly I needed another chance in life. This school gave me all of that and so much more. So far I have gained a Front-end SE certificate from this school and I'm on my way to getting the full stack cert next. The school is growing I highly recommend you join the new force in tech right here at home in the midwest! And for anyone not in able to attend on campus they have a bolstering online pathway as well. I just want to say thank you to Kenzie Academy for helping me achieve my dreams. It really means a lot to me.

• Patrick Hanson • Student • Student

Starting Kenzie Academy has been one of the better career/life decisions I have made. I needed something to jumpstart my career and Kenzie has definitely given me the tools to do that. I feel confident that with the education and assistance provided by Kenzie Academy, I should be able to find a job using my new skills.

• Austin Levine • Student

I enrolled in Kenzie Academy's Full Stack Web Development course 4 months ago. Since then, I have learned a robust amount of in-depth knowledge that more than keeps me occupied! I have been self-taught for many years, but nothing beats the amazing instructors at Kenzie Academy. For awhile, I was far ahead and needed some extra work. One quick question to the instructors led me to be sufficiently challenged and my thirst for learning reinvigorated!

• Samuel Mosey • Student

Coming in with no experience in any type of web design, or development, it goes without saying that it seems intimidating up front. However, a very informative and in-depth curriculum, dedicated on-site instructors, and amazing learning environment make for an enjoyable, not to mention practical, learning experience.

The program cultivates creativity, community, and a judgement-free zone, no matter your level of experience with web development, designed to make sure that you personally thrive and are ready for the work force.

10/10 would recommend.

• Taylor • Student

Kenzie Academy is a great place to be and great place to learn, prior to attending Kenzie I was a Paramedic with 6 years in the public safety industry.  Traditional college was not an option for me.  Kenzie Academy's education track puts you in the right direction for a blossoming career in the tech industry.  The curriculum is tough but the instructors and staff are available around the clock and extremely informative. The staff at Kenzie has many years in the industry with lots of connections for guest speakers and potential job opportunities in the future.  Do not pass this opportunity up!

• Meaghan • Student
    Kenzie Academy is a great place for learning in a non-traditional environment. The staff and other students are readily available to assist with any issues. The school is structured to ensure the success of every student.  If you are looking for an opportunity in the Tech field, I highly recommend Kenzie Academy.  There are many opportunities to communicate with industry leaders and a vast network of contacts within the industry to expand learning beyond the in-house staff.  The school is also flexible, allowing students to work remotely.
  • Review For Kenzie
    - 2/28/2018
    Adrian • Student

I love this School so much, I was welcomed with opened arms and have been given personalized help and coaching the resources and networking oppertunitys here are top notch. It is a very good working enviroment and a very big stepping stone into the WorkForce for up and coming programmers and new to the business world. I grade it a 10 outa 10