kenzie-academy-logo

Kenzie Academy

Indianapolis, Online

Kenzie Academy

Kenzie Academy is a college alternative that offers a 1-year, full-time, project-based course in Software Engineering and UX Engineering online or in Indianapolis, Indiana. Students in the Software Engineering program will learn will learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, and Python/Django and graduate as junior full-stack web developers. The UX program covers website design and research and front end coding. The curriculum was created by industry practitioners and designed to parallel today’s workplace. With the aim of mimicking a real career in technology, Kenzie students begin every day with a standup, work in virtual teams, and receive one-on-one mentorship. Beyond technical skills, Kenzie also teaches students the practical knowledge needed to thrive in today’s modern workforce. Designed around the modern student, Kenzie Academy is a college alternative that teaches learners of all ages – with little or no experience – the digital skills that lead directly to a new career in technology.

Kenzie Academy’s program is open to anyone interested in tech with no programming experience required. Prospective students should be familiar with web browsers and search engines and comfortable with symbolic reasoning. Kenzie is looking for people with the right attitude and aptitude for success.

With employer partners throughout the country, Kenzie directly connects graduates to in-demand jobs. Kenzie aims for graduates to leave with the knowledge and confidence to succeed, changing their opportunities, and the full trajectory of their careers.

Recent Kenzie Academy Reviews: Rating 4.85

all (55) reviews for Kenzie Academy →

Recent Kenzie Academy News

Read all (14) articles about Kenzie Academy →
  • SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (9 MONTHS)

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, DevOps, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis
    The Software Engineer track is designed to train our students to become skilled coders, while also equipping them with core computer science concepts, critical for advancement towards senior roles over time. The foundation of our curriculum includes learning the necessary coding skills as well as a sufficient understanding of how computers and systems work in order to architect, build, and maintain complex applications. Kenzie students who completed the Full-Stack Web Developer Track are eligible to apply for the Software Engineer Track. Students learn core computer science concepts and enterprise programming languages such as Java or equivalent.
    We offer Full ISA and Half ISA financing options, along with pay-in-full and payment plans
    Tuition PlansMonthly Plans, ISAs, and Full Payment plans available
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents passing our cultural and technical assessment
    Prep Workhttps://online.kenzie.academy/
  • SOFTWARE ENGINEERING ONLINE (9 MONTHS)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Django, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Agile
    Start Date January 26, 2021
    Full ISA and Half ISA available, along with Pay-In-Full or monthly payment plans
    Tuition PlansMonthly Plans, ISAs, and Full Payment plans available
    Minimum Skill Levelwe accept students with little to no coding experience
    Prep Workonline.kenzie.academy
    January 26, 2021 - Online Apply by January 21, 2021
  • UX DESIGN CAREER PROGRAM IN PERSON (6 MONTHS)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    LocationIndianapolis
    Built for working professionals to get the skills they need to further their careers while keeping their day job. The emphasis is on developing proficiency in user experience design, while providing a basic introduction to research, visual design, copywriting, project management, and presentation. Graduates of this program will have the skills needed to be an entry-level User Experience (UX) Designer. A UX Designer's role is directly involved in the process of making a product useful, usable and enjoyable for its users. Through the program, students create a portfolio of individual and team projects that can be shown to future, potential employers. Students also learn to communicate effectively in an interview and professional setting.
    1-year or 2-year payment plan
    Tuition PlansPay-in-full, 1-year monthly payment plan at $867/month, or 2-year monthly payment plan at $433/month with $500 down
    Minimum Skill Level1-year of professional experience or a college degree
  • UX DESIGN CAREER PROGRAM ONLINE (6 MONTHS)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    Start Date January 26, 2021
    We offer ISA, Pay-in-full, or payment plans at $2,150/month
    Tuition PlansPay-in-full, 1-year monthly payment plan available at $867/month, or 2-year monthly payment plan available at $433/month with $500 down
    Minimum Skill Level1-year professional experience or college degree
    January 26, 2021 - Online Apply by January 21, 2021
  • Cheria Artis • Student

❤️ Kenzie! I was frantically trying to make the best choice of bootcamps available to me, when I found Kenzie Academy. Little did I know I was embarking not just on a new academic journey but a journey filled with new family! At Kenzie, they don't just care about your academic success. They care about you as a person and knowing you. The staff and other students are so welcoming and helpful. It is more than I ever hoped for in a school. Then to know should I choose to that I can continue on at Butler University when I graduate just enhances that feeling that I'm on the right path. #GoKenzie

• Garnetta Matthews-Lincoln

Fast-paced environment. A large amount of course help. Must be dedicated, if you are you will succeed. They care because if you don't succeed they don't get paid! Great place for first-time coders. Must be serious and put in the time and effort.

• Janell Huyck • Student

I'm currently enrolled in the Software Engineering program at Kenzie Academy.  The set-up is exactly as described on their website.

The payment arrangements are for real; I didn't have the money upfront for a boot camp, but I'm getting the education I need for a much better paying job.

We are getting real-world advice and questions answered by people who are leaders in the industry.  They dial in for question-and-answer sessions and are really helpful.

The program itself seems really well-thought-out and designed to walk you step-by-step through the learning process of becoming a programmer.  I'm not saying it's easy.  It's really hard.  They're teaching you how to independently learn to program.   At the same time...

There's lots of support from the coaches and facilitators as well as other students.  Seriously: one thing that Kenzie does well is making sure that there are enough people around to help you when you get stuck.  Because you're gonna get stuck or confused.  That's part of learning.

Kenzie doesn't promise a smooth ride.  But they promise to be with you every step of the way.  So far, everything they've told me has been trustworthy.  We're still near the beginning of the program, and I feel confident that it will be a challenging but worthwhile rest of the year and that they will prepare me to find, and actually help me get set up with that dream job.

They're invested in you and it shows.

• Dawn M. Smith • Student

Finding a training program that offers an Income Sharing Agreement (ISA) as a payment option is impossible. I was pleased to find a school that offered this opportunity. The digital marketing program covers not only the fundamentals of digital marketing but also covers the concepts of marketing in general. I would definitely suggest to anyone interested in a digital marketing program consider Kenzie Academy.

• Joe Barror • Student

I am a student of the se July 2019 cohort and i think the way they challenge you to learn is fun and rewarding.

They don't just give you all the answers, they challenge you to do the research necesary to accomplish the task at hand and figure out problems you encounter, and if you have trouble or get stuck they have an amazing support group of staff that is always willing to help. We call our cohort family because that's what it is like. Everyone is willing to help evryone else to achive the same goal. Team work makes the dream work!!!!

I HIGHLY recomend attending Kenzie Academy if you are interesnted in learnig up to date web development technologies.

And with their ISA program anyone can afford to get the education they need to succeed!

GO KENZIE!!!!!!!

• Randy • Student

i highly recommend for those who want a career in tech to look into kenzie ive been here for a little bit over a month and my time here its been amzazing ive learned so much.

• Jonas Troyer • Student

I have been to a top tier university and several other good programs.  I graduated from one of those with dean's list honors.  Here's the key, at Kenzie you learn real-world skills that are marketable to employers right out of the gate. You get skills that can be used immediately in the job market.  Other schools do not teach things that way, everything is theoretical.  Another thing that struck me about the place is that people actually treat you humanely, not like an indentured servant, like I felt at other schools.

• Mauricio Alvarado • Software Engineer Student • Student

I am currently a student at Kenzie, and my experience has been incredible , I feel like I'm learning so much and yet it hasn't even been more than 2 months . I can't wait to see what the future holds . The curriculum and staff and Kenzie is phenomenal not to mention my peer cohort students . Who are AWESOME  we are like a great big team always willing to help each other out and support one another !

• Justin Miller • Student

I am currently a student at Kenzie and started their Software Engineering track a month ago.  When I decided to change career paths from customer service to information technology, I wanted a program that would teach me more than just one programming language and give me tools to succeed in software development.  I found that at Kenzie.

I decided on Kenzie because of they offered a full stack program in a small amount of time but the content was robust.  Having a dual certificate from Butler University and Kenzie for the software engineering portion is also a nice bonus.  The main reason I like Kenzie is because of the people and environment at the campus.  From the first day that I took a tour everyone I met was kind and knowledgeable.  We are forming a great relationship with our cohort and with the larger academy community, so when changing careers like I am, you don't have to go it alone.

• Chris Wilson • Student • Student

I am a remote student for the Full Stack Developer course with Kenzie Academy (my sixth week in!). I have a multidisciplinary background that spans both civilian and military venues. Starting as a private in the military, becoming a manufacturing specialist,  manager,  pallet shop forearm, hauling 31 tons of beer up a mountain, to a nationally certified instructor in the civilian world. I have always wanted to work with computer software and development but I never had the opportunity as I was always traveling with work. I became disabled, through a rare medical condition, a little over a year ago and needed something to do with my time. I checked the internet for different careers I would be interested in. The Software Engineer certification offered by Kenzie academy would allow me to work remotely. I looked into several different computer-related boot camps. Almost every one of the boot camps wanted an exorbitant amount of money upfront while offering minimal training and no assistance with job placement. Kenzie filled the niche for my requirements and the potential career I was looking for due to my current medical condition. My plans are to stay with Kenzie academy through the entire two year program and get the job-ready training that they provide. With their connections and assistance with job placement, I know that I will have a viable career thanks for Kenzie Academy and their staff! If I can do it, you can also!

• Zach • Student

If you are looking for a program that is not only rigorous in its curriculum but will make you feel like you’re walking into a tech start-up on day one, seriously give Kenzie Academy some consideration.

I have previous work experience and was looking for something to help me make a career shift. What I needed wasn’t a 4-year program but rather something I knew would prepare me to walk into a career with the skills I’d need. Since coming to Kenzie I have started to think differently and approach problems from a more holistic perspective. It’s a tough program but very worth it.