Kenzie Academy’s program is open to anyone interested in tech with no programming experience required. Prospective students should be familiar with web browsers and search engines and comfortable with symbolic reasoning. Kenzie is looking for people with the right attitude and aptitude for success.
With employer partners throughout the country, Kenzie directly connects graduates to in-demand jobs. Kenzie aims for graduates to leave with the knowledge and confidence to succeed, changing their opportunities, and the full trajectory of their careers.
Recent Kenzie Academy Reviews: Rating 4.85
Recent Kenzie Academy NewsRead all (14) articles about Kenzie Academy →
In PersonFull Time30 Hours/week36 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $24,000 Class size 150 Location IndianapolisThe Software Engineer track is designed to train our students to become skilled coders, while also equipping them with core computer science concepts, critical for advancement towards senior roles over time. The foundation of our curriculum includes learning the necessary coding skills as well as a sufficient understanding of how computers and systems work in order to architect, build, and maintain complex applications. Kenzie students who completed the Full-Stack Web Developer Track are eligible to apply for the Software Engineer Track. Students learn core computer science concepts and enterprise programming languages such as Java or equivalent.
Deposit 100 FinancingWe offer Full ISA and Half ISA financing options, along with pay-in-full and payment plans Tuition Plans Monthly Plans, ISAs, and Full Payment plans available
Minimum Skill Level Students passing our cultural and technical assessment Prep Work https://online.kenzie.academy/ Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
OnlineFull Time30 Hours/week36 Weeks
Start Date January 26, 2021 Cost $20,000 Class size 150 Location OnlineThe Software Engineer track is designed to train our students to become skilled coders, while also equipping them with core computer science concepts, critical for advancement towards senior roles over time. The foundation of our curriculum includes learning the necessary coding skills as well as a sufficient understanding of how computers and systems work in order to architect, build, and maintain complex applications.
Deposit 100 FinancingFull ISA and Half ISA available, along with Pay-In-Full or monthly payment plans Tuition Plans Monthly Plans, ISAs, and Full Payment plans available
Minimum Skill Level we accept students with little to no coding experience Prep Work online.kenzie.academy Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesJanuary 26, 2021 - Online Apply by January 21, 2021
Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location IndianapolisBuilt for working professionals to get the skills they need to further their careers while keeping their day job. The emphasis is on developing proficiency in user experience design, while providing a basic introduction to research, visual design, copywriting, project management, and presentation. Graduates of this program will have the skills needed to be an entry-level User Experience (UX) Designer. A UX Designer's role is directly involved in the process of making a product useful, usable and enjoyable for its users. Through the program, students create a portfolio of individual and team projects that can be shown to future, potential employers. Students also learn to communicate effectively in an interview and professional setting.
Deposit $500 Financing1-year or 2-year payment plan Tuition Plans Pay-in-full, 1-year monthly payment plan at $867/month, or 2-year monthly payment plan at $433/month with $500 down
Minimum Skill Level 1-year of professional experience or a college degree Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date January 26, 2021 Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBuilt for working professionals to get the skills they need to further their careers while keeping their day job. The emphasis is on developing proficiency in user experience design, while providing a basic introduction to research, visual design, copywriting, project management, and presentation. Graduates of this program will have the skills needed to be an entry-level User Experience (UX) Designer. A UX Designer's role is directly involved in the process of making a product useful, usable and enjoyable for its users. Through the program, students create a portfolio of individual and team projects that can be shown to future, potential employers. Students also learn to communicate effectively in an interview and professional setting.
Deposit 500 FinancingWe offer ISA, Pay-in-full, or payment plans at $2,150/month Tuition Plans Pay-in-full, 1-year monthly payment plan available at $867/month, or 2-year monthly payment plan available at $433/month with $500 down
Minimum Skill Level 1-year professional experience or college degree Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesJanuary 26, 2021 - Online Apply by January 21, 2021
Kenzie Academy Reviews
55 reviews sorted by:
- Student in Software Engineer- 12/24/2018Tyler M Ward • Course: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (9 MONTHS) • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via GitHub
Kenzie is a fantastic learning environment that all educational fascilities should take note of, and learn from. I have only been in the program for a little over two months and still feel as though I have learned more than I ever did in college. The reason for this is their project based philosphy that seeks to teach you how to teach yourself by doing, more than anything else. No long, drawn out, lectures about arbitrary concepts that couldn't possibly help you anywhere in life. Kenzie gets you in the habit of working, quite simply because they seem to be attempting to mimic a working environment to a T. What better way to prepare students to work, than to get them working right now?
- Student-Software Engineering- 11/24/2018Jennifer Browning • Student • Course: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (9 MONTHS) • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via GitHub
- My experience at Kenzie Academy- 11/9/2018Michael McKenzie • Student Cohort • Student • Course: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (9 MONTHS) • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via GitHub
I started mid-July, 2018 and am going for the software engineer, 2yr program. It has been such a great experience so far at Kenzie Academy (KA). The school definitely cultivates a positive learning environment that teaches so many valuable skills; including technical programming, soft skills, and prepping for job interviews. The program is split into sections and different instructors head each one so I've been able to get multiple perspectives which has greatly helped me with understanding from different point of views. I've only been here for only 4 months but I have learned so much already. And better yet, KA has partnered with the local Indy community. They host speaker events bringing in local and national tech leaders that we actually get to talk one on one with (last event they brought in Terry Jones a.k.a founder of Travelocity). They provide part time jobs for when we are in school, hold to a strong standard of leaving no one behind, and lastly I've made some great friends that I would have never met. Don't get me wrong, I am challenged everyday here literally pushing my understanding but making sure that I do grasp it as well. The two most important things they teach are learning how to learn (from others but mostly on your own) and critical thinking.
- Scott Hager • Tier 1 Support, Apple • Student • Course: UX DESIGN CAREER PROGRAM IN PERSON (6 MONTHS) • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via LinkedIn
I started at Kenzie Academy having already received a Master's Degree from an accredited college, however, I felt as if all of those hours and the time and money I spent on my education was worthless once I actually graduated and was searching for jobs in the career field of my dreams. That's when I stumbled upon Kenzie Academy, they were a local accelerated education school within 20 miles of my home, so I did plenty of research before actually deciding to join up.
It has been the best decision of my life so far, not only do they have plenty to teach, but they have real instructors who themselves have been working in the industry. These instructors take time out of their busy schedules to help educate up-and-coming developers or designers fuel their passions into something meaningful and worthwhile. If ever a problem arises, the environment in which the school is built upon leaves plenty of creative fuel to help students understand why issues arise and how they are quickly solved. The environment that the school is built upon makes you feel like you are at home, there are lounges and plenty of spaces to study and interact with fellow students and instructors, I never get homesick when I am attending school, I make myself at home.
The school also schedules monthly talks with CEO's and business partners who come to the school and talk about their lives and their companies and I feel that is a really fantastic way to connect with people who you might potentially work with someday. This school has rekindled my passion for what I want to do in my life and it's all thanks to this school.
- Great experience!- 4/4/2018Jake Berg • Student • Course: FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER IN PERSON (6 MONTHS) • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Student- 4/4/2018Kavitha • Student • Course: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (9 MONTHS) • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via GitHub
Kenzie offers a hands-on learning environment where you learn by doing rather than sitting in front of a lecturer and trying to retain that information. You learn how to learn fast.I love this project based learning aspect at Kenzie. The environment is great. Instructors are super supportive and go above and beyond. You not only learn to code but you will also learn the soft skills needed . Overall my experience at Kenzie so far is amazing. The curriculum is current. Anybody who wants to become a software developer should consider Kenzie.
- Student- 4/4/2018Ryan Agard • Student • Course: FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER IN PERSON (6 MONTHS) • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via GitHub
My experience at Kenzie so far has been extremely valuable in my growth as a developer. It is a flexible and fun learning environment, and is designed to create professional coders regardless of their initial starting knowledge. Kenzie provides a vast number of resources for support, and does a great job of teaching students how to think like developers. I am learning more than I ever have in my past attempts at self-teaching, and also having a great time.
- Engaging and Transformative- 4/3/2018Morgan Shepard • Student • Course: Developer Training • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via GitHub
Kenzie Academy is absolutely fantastic. The program is both flexible and challenging. The resources provided are well beyond invaluable. The instruction is in depth and attentive to individual needs. The emphasis on preparation for real world employment situations, be it on the job or the interview process is phenomenal.
The curriculum is more current than one will find at a 4 year college, due to lack of red tape to inhibit the updating of the curriculum. It's fluid and adaptive and, as a result, quite engaging. The apprenticeship section of the program is designed to not only give you real work experience, but to put you in the position to work for perspective employers while still having access to school resources with which to learn.
All in all, this is the best educational experience I've ever had.
- Student- 4/3/2018Nick Howell • Student • Course: Developer Training • Campus: Indianapolis • Verified via LinkedIn
I'd always been interested in coding and stumbled upon Kenzie. The experience so far has been amazing! Everyone is welcoming and the atmosphere of collaboration really makes me feel at home. I hate studying on my own and the project based learning gets you hands on with the material and really works well for my learning style.
The instructors are really good about giving you additional projects if you find yourself being drawn towards particular topics so that you never get bored. We've had a ton of interesting speakers (Google, 500 Startups, cryptocurrency experts, etc...) and opportunities to speak with local entrepeneurs who are using tech to solve problems in unique and interesting ways.
The mentorship program provides you with a built in base of industry personnel from a variety of companies who are ready and willing to interact with us on a personal level and provide information that we're interested in.
- Student- 10/26/2020Brittney Bannister • Student • Campus: OnlineI just graduated from the front end portion of the program. Six months down, six more to go!
I was super skeptical coming into Kenzie, because honestly I thought it was too good to be true. But I was wrong. This school has been a life saver. It has been by far the best decision I could have made.
I have learned so much these past six months and I am so thankful for the staff at my school. The instructors are so patient with you, the coaches are extremely helpful, student success is incredible, and honestly my cohort has become a second family to me. They don’t talk about the kenzieFam for nothing!
If you are looking for a school that genuinely cares about you as an individual, a school with an unmatched culture, a school that will challenge and push you, a place where you can 100% be yourself and have a group of people help you be the best version of that and succeed, then Kenzie is for you.
I still have six more months to go, and I don’t know where I’ll be after I graduate this next portion of the program, but I owe it all to them.
- Honest Opinion of Kenzie- 2/21/2020Jai T. • Student • Course: UX DESIGN CAREER PROGRAM ONLINE (6 MONTHS) • Campus: IndianapolisI really have enjoyed learning at Kenzie. It has become my family. Not only have I learned a lot about UX but I have learned even more about myself. Kenzie will push you and at the same time encourage you. I love the momentum that this school has when it comes to notoriety. It is well deserved. I really enjoy how the staff as a collective are approachable and available. I can not speak to any other school but I do know that is not common. Students are heard and valued. On top of all of that- the academics are advanced in a way that when you are done with bootcamp, you are ready to work. It's a no brainer for me.I know that what I am learning is currently in demand in the tech industry. The ISA (Income Shared Agreement) really helps financially for career changers like me. The time that class meets does not affect to much my mommy obligations. I have actually made some really cool apps and great friends!
- Best School Experience I Ever Had- 2/19/2020Suri • Graduate • Course: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (9 MONTHS) • Campus: IndianapolisKenzie has been an Awesome Experience for me. It has helped me transition into a fast growing tech world in the best possible way I can imagine after being out of school for a long time. In Kenzie, I received a very hands on, project based approach of learning which helped me enter the tech world with confidence. Their curriculum teaches all the right tools needed as a full-stack developer and has an extremely supportive team of staff to help you guide through the process and be there for you whenever you need help. I highly recommend Kenzie to anyone aspiring to join the tech world.