kenzie-academy-logo

Kenzie Academy

Indianapolis, Online

Kenzie Academy

Kenzie Academy is a college alternative that offers a 1-year, full-time, project-based course in Software Engineering and UX Engineering online or in Indianapolis, Indiana. Students in the Software Engineering program will learn will learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, and Python/Django and graduate as junior full-stack web developers. The UX program covers website design and research and front end coding. The curriculum was created by industry practitioners and designed to parallel today’s workplace. With the aim of mimicking a real career in technology, Kenzie students begin every day with a standup, work in virtual teams, and receive one-on-one mentorship. Beyond technical skills, Kenzie also teaches students the practical knowledge needed to thrive in today’s modern workforce. Designed around the modern student, Kenzie Academy is a college alternative that teaches learners of all ages – with little or no experience – the digital skills that lead directly to a new career in technology.

Kenzie Academy’s program is open to anyone interested in tech with no programming experience required. Prospective students should be familiar with web browsers and search engines and comfortable with symbolic reasoning. Kenzie is looking for people with the right attitude and aptitude for success.

With employer partners throughout the country, Kenzie directly connects graduates to in-demand jobs. Kenzie aims for graduates to leave with the knowledge and confidence to succeed, changing their opportunities, and the full trajectory of their careers.

Recent Kenzie Academy Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (56) reviews for Kenzie Academy →

Recent Kenzie Academy News

Read all (14) articles about Kenzie Academy →
  • SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN PERSON (9 MONTHS)

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, DevOps, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis
    The Software Engineer track is designed to train our students to become skilled coders, while also equipping them with core computer science concepts, critical for advancement towards senior roles over time. The foundation of our curriculum includes learning the necessary coding skills as well as a sufficient understanding of how computers and systems work in order to architect, build, and maintain complex applications. Kenzie students who completed the Full-Stack Web Developer Track are eligible to apply for the Software Engineer Track. Students learn core computer science concepts and enterprise programming languages such as Java or equivalent.
    We offer Full ISA and Half ISA financing options, along with pay-in-full and payment plans
    Tuition PlansMonthly Plans, ISAs, and Full Payment plans available
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents passing our cultural and technical assessment
    Prep Workhttps://online.kenzie.academy/
  • SOFTWARE ENGINEERING ONLINE (9 MONTHS)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Django, CSS, DevOps, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Agile
    Start Date January 26, 2021
    Full ISA and Half ISA available, along with Pay-In-Full or monthly payment plans
    Tuition PlansMonthly Plans, ISAs, and Full Payment plans available
    Minimum Skill Levelwe accept students with little to no coding experience
    Prep Workonline.kenzie.academy
    January 26, 2021 - Online Apply by January 21, 2021
  • UX DESIGN CAREER PROGRAM IN PERSON (6 MONTHS)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    LocationIndianapolis
    Built for working professionals to get the skills they need to further their careers while keeping their day job. The emphasis is on developing proficiency in user experience design, while providing a basic introduction to research, visual design, copywriting, project management, and presentation. Graduates of this program will have the skills needed to be an entry-level User Experience (UX) Designer. A UX Designer's role is directly involved in the process of making a product useful, usable and enjoyable for its users. Through the program, students create a portfolio of individual and team projects that can be shown to future, potential employers. Students also learn to communicate effectively in an interview and professional setting.
    1-year or 2-year payment plan
    Tuition PlansPay-in-full, 1-year monthly payment plan at $867/month, or 2-year monthly payment plan at $433/month with $500 down
    Minimum Skill Level1-year of professional experience or a college degree
  • UX DESIGN CAREER PROGRAM ONLINE (6 MONTHS)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    Start Date January 26, 2021
    We offer ISA, Pay-in-full, or payment plans at $2,150/month
    Tuition PlansPay-in-full, 1-year monthly payment plan available at $867/month, or 2-year monthly payment plan available at $433/month with $500 down
    Minimum Skill Level1-year professional experience or college degree
    January 26, 2021 - Online Apply by January 21, 2021
  • Thank You Kenzie!
    - 12/3/2019
    Jordan  User Photo
    Jordan • Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I am so thankful to Kenzie for giving me the opportunity to break into a career I can be successful in. As a stay at home mom for the past 3 years and only a high school diploma, I am limited in what jobs I am qualified to do. Kenzie actually made it possible that I don't have to work at McDonalds for the rest of my life. I live in CA and I love that I can go to Kenzie remotely and I love how everything is structured. I really appreciate that it's NOT self-paced, which makes it so that everyone can be in the same place (albeit remotely) at the same time. We check-in at 6AM locally for me in CA, and we're done by noon! That's very useful for me as a stay at home mom because a good chunk of that time my son is asleep. My husband is also a student at Kenzie and he really enjoys it too. Plus, there is an emphasis on communication and inclusion which is very good for someone like me who is naturally shy. You are a part of a family at Kenzie. I also love that they help you beef up your resume and linkedin profile to give you the best chance of succeeding. But by far the biggest plus to Kenzie is the income share agreement. I would never be able to pay for tuition up front, but Kenzie understands that after we graduate, our earning potential is much higher and for someone like me in CA, jobs in the field can earn you upwards of $100,000 per year. It means a lot that they are willing to invest in us, and makes me motivated to invest in my future. Thank you Kenzie!

• Lori Henderson  User Photo
    Lori Henderson • Student Verified via GitHub

I recently graduated college and found out I loved computer coding from a couple classes I took and then took a weekend bootcamp during one summer and found out I loved it.  I can't honestly say that I loved any of my classes to the fullest, but just went to get my degree.  After I graduated, I knew that I wanted to either go to a 4-5 year program to get my degree in computer programming or related degrees at a local university or attend a bootcamp.  Kenzie was on my back radar due to the 12 months, but I quickly realized how that's a great alternative to a traditional university and longer than another bootcamp I was deadset on attending.  The deciding factor on whether I would love or hate Kenzie was at the Open House I attended around July.  I LOVED it.  I love older architecture, especially with the mix of modern.  All the staff and instructors were welcoming and made me feel like family.  Once orientation hit, my heart was racing, but that quickly subsided due to bonding activities and games.  One of my favorite things about Kenzie is that they understand everyone's at a different pace.  I miss Kenzie when I'm not there and my confidence has grown since I've started Kenzie.  Kenzie is a blend of ages, ethnicities, and personalities that makes it so unique.  If you are considering this as a career path, don't hesitate to attend an open house, remotely or in person.  Everyone there wants you to succeed and they will go all out just to make you feel appreciated.

• Tiffany McLean  User Photo
    Tiffany McLean • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Choosing to attend Kenzie Academy has been one of the best decision that I've made in my life. They go above and beyond to ensure you succeed.  You're surrounding by an amazing support system (from coaches to facilitators to the instructors). The instructors are just teachers...they are industry experts...bringing years of experience to each lesson. All staff members embrace the Kenzie culture...you can feel it from your initial interaction.  When they say welcome to the family you feel it... once you start attending you KNOW without a doubt that you have in fact extended your family. Even Chok, the CEO makes himself readily available.  I love my school!!

• Kathy  User Photo
    Kathy • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I just wanted to start off by saying how grateful I am to have found Kenzie Academy during this process of "Getting into Tech" journey. I have discovered another side of me that I've given up on due to life-changing events (liked becoming a full-time mom). After going through several assignments/assessments at Kenzie Academy, it has become extremely rewarding to test my capability and knowledge during the learning process. I was so used to doing self-paced learning that when I had access to a coaching/mentorship at Kenzie, I knew I was in good hands and I was no longer afraid to fail. Whenever I had a question or felt stuck on a problem, I always knew I could find help/assistance. They are very supportive and really believe in you. I mean, for a year, they are investing in you without getting paid in return during that time, that tells you that they are trying to change the way education works now and for the future. Everyday, I seriously get excited waking up to look forward to what I'll get to learn next at Kenzie. They have given me a new purpose in my career pathway and I am forever grateful!

• Travis Anderson  User Photo
    Travis Anderson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I am in my upper 20's, changed my career, previous college degree (unrelated), minor (very minor) experience in coding coming in to Kenzie.

I was looking for an out of my previous career and found this.  I liked that this education model includes the ISA, it shows that the school won't succeed unless the students do.  After I graduated I ended up finding a poisition on my own efforts through networking and applying on my own. I was provided opportunities through the school's resources but either someone else was selected or the the position was less than ideal, (why I gave 4 out of 5 in job assistance).

There are multiple opportunities to teach and coach others, or be coached, so gives  a full breadth of experience.  I will say the majority of the curriculum is really solid, and can teach a beginner what they need to know, but like any fast track programs I recommend putting in effort outside of core hours, and look beyond the scope of what they are teaching.  I do see room for improvement in the back end curriculum, I suppose that would be my only 'complaint', but it was still really good. (curriculum would be 5/5 if they improved the backend)

• Olga Chupp  User Photo
    Olga Chupp • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I highly recommend the Kenzie Software Engineer program. The income share agreement is revolutionary and affordable. The ability to study remotely is extremely convenient. The lecturers and staff are both helpful and friendly.

I was looking to change my career field and Kenzie Academy provided the best opportunity available.I consider the training that I have already received to be invaluable to my future success.

I have always enjoyed coding and Kenzie has given me a practical use for that skill. It feels like I have a brand new space to grow in.

• Brandi C.  User Photo
    Brandi C. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The level of care, concern, and support that I have received from Kenzie since starting in July 2019 have shown me that I couldn't have made a better decision. I love that, even remotely, we are allowed and encouraged to interact and ask questions live during the lecture as opposed to having to wait until later. There are so many coaches available when you have questions. I love the model so far and I am confident things will only continue to get better at Kenzie Academy.

• Hamilton Young  User Photo
    Hamilton Young • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I've been part of the 2nd user experience design chort at Kenzie Academy for 7 months now and i could not be in a better place. When starting at Kenzie I knew almost nothing about UX design but over the past 7 moths I can say i feel more than job ready. Along with the second half of my one year track whitch is front end development . I am now learing how i can take all the designs i've man and actually build them in a full functioning app/website. Dont feel like I am dragging my self into class everyday like some of my college experience was like. I enjoy feeling like im a real work environment learning hands on how my day to day might feel like at a real company.

• Best program ever
    - 8/29/2019
    Haydar Mohammad Hassan  User Photo
    Haydar Mohammad Hassan • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I never thought i would make it in the beginning of the software engineering program but everyone in Kenzie Academy stood by my side and helped me through the front end part until i got my certificate, Kenzie Academy treats you as a member of the family.

• Do not recommend
    - 8/14/2019
    Kinga  User Photo
    Kinga • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn

I applied to the marketing program and right away scheduled my interview. The day of I needed to reschedule and made an appointment for the next day. I received a confirmation that J****** was looking forward to speaking to me. The day of a few hours before the scheduled time, my interview was canceled without any real explanation. SO I scheduled my discovery call with A****. The next day AGAIN my interview was canceled, this time I was told that the school is not doing any marketing interviews for now and they will reach out to me when they are ready. Pretty shady and disappointing to say the least!

Something else that is concerning that both J****** and A****, communicated from A****'s email address. In the intro email that I received, it said that the next cohort started in April, yet A**** the October one was still open.

Judging from everyone's great reviews, I am thinking that maybe this has happened to me, because of my age. The school's application does ask for age. Maybe I just have bad luck or this place is not for me. Either way, when and IF the school reaches out to me, I will not be scheduling my interview based on this poor experience so far.

• Zachary Kline  User Photo
    Zachary Kline • Student Verified via GitHub

Kenzie Academy is an amazing school, giving the feeling of more of a start up tech company than a classroom, students are free to collaborate on project which incrimentally get more challenging and build up your skills bit by bit. The concepts of coding are drilled into your brain by doing hands on coding instead of just following along with an instructor. Going into the course from knowing nothing about coding it is amazing to think where I am now to where I was just a few months ago. I was hesistant as first about the fact that the course is essentially a year long, but if you consider that in many cases you'll be doubling or maybe tripling your salary after you finish the time investment is more than worth it.

• The Perfect Fit
    - 12/24/2018
    Blake  User Photo
    Blake • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    Kenzie is the perfect mix of culture and skills training. You'll learn through a well crafted curriculum with industry veteran instructors. You'll learn something new daily and get a chance to demonstrate your new knowledge through collaborative projects. Through Kenzie Academy, you'll gain the exact skills you need to enter the tech industry.