jigsaw-labs-logo

Jigsaw Labs

New York City, Online

Jigsaw Labs

Jigsaw Labs offers its coding bootcamp online and in-person at its New York City campus. Students can choose to take the 5-week Coding for Data bootcamp or the 19-week Data Science for Engineers bootcamp. In the Coding for Data bootcamp, students will learn languages, such as Python and SQL, and skills such as scraping and how to build Data Dashboards. Students will also learn API’s. Students who choose the Data Science for Engineers bootcamp will learn the elements of the data pipeline, such as Feature Engineering, Feature Selection, Linear Regression, and Cloud Computing. Students will be exposed to learning models such as Classification, Tree-Based Models, Clustering, and Data Storytelling. Finally, students will learn mathematical models including NLP, XGBoost, Regularization, and Deep Learning.

Prospective Data Science for Engineers bootcamp students are asked to complete a two-step application process. The first step is a cultural interview conducted over the phone. The second step is a technical interview, which occurs over Zoom. Potential bootcamp students will be paired with an instructor to solve a programming challenge in Python. In this technical interview, students’ technical and problem solving ability is assessed, as well as the students’ ability to apply newly learned information.

Jigsaw Labs offers job placement assistance for students of the Data Science for Engineers bootcamp. Students receive two months of weekly group sessions (offered online or in person), and four months of individual career coaching. Group career coaching classes cover topics such as portfolio-building and presentation. Individual career coaching sessions cover interview skills and application review.

Recent Jigsaw Labs Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for Jigsaw Labs →

Recent Jigsaw Labs News

• Data Engineering Career Course

Start Date May 16, 2021
      LocationOnline, New York City
      Students begin with learning the fundamentals of coding in Python and SQL. This includes learning how to work with APIs, object oriented programming, writing tests, and working with relational databases in postgres. At this initial module, students build a data dashboard, pulling in external data, loading it into SQL, and displaying results with an interactive web-based dashboard. In the second module, we'll learn devops skills by learning about containerization and deployment. In doing so we'll learn how to deploy an application using Docker, AWS and Kubernetes with a CI/CD workflow. In the third module, we'll round out our data engineering skills by learning Pyspark, Airflow, and Redshift. We'll finish up with our final project combining the skills learned thus far.
      Income based repayment offered.
      Tuition PlansStudents have the option of an income share agreement where students only pay if they are employed with annual salary of $70,000.
      Refund / GuaranteeStudents who complete the career course requirements only pay if they have received an offer of $70,000 in salary within 9 months of completing the program.
      Prep Workwww.jigsawlabs.io
      May 16, 2021 - Online Apply by May 3, 2021
    • Randall  User Photo
      Randall • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I was in the  Programming For Data Science class.  The course schedule was part-time (nights and weekends), which was a major reason I signed up.

The course is a great place to start if you are interested in data science. If you can't access and manipulate data, you can't be a data scientist. The curriculum is an intro to all the basics in programming one would need to produce and manipulate data sets. This is exactly what I needed to get started in this field.
        Jeff, the instructor, is engaging during class and generous with his time. He was willing to stay after class for questions and very responsive to email. It's obvious that he cares about his students.
        The only downside to this class is that the pace is very fast (meaning lots of topics over a short period of time). Overall, I would recommend this class to anyone that wants to get started in data science. You will pick up a lot of great information and meet a great teacher.

• Chris
      I highly recommend the Data Engineering program from Jigsaw Labs. When I started the school, I had been trying to teach myself how to code with books and online tutorials for months. I quickly got up the learning curve with the excellent teaching and curriculum by Jeff (the instructor and founder of Jigsaw). Jeff cares so much about each student's progress and I like how the smaller class size allows for a more personalized learning experience. The curriculum builds a really solid understanding of the fundamentals and then grows this by covering a lot of topics at a quick pace. When I tell my software/data engineering friends what we're learning, they're impressed by how much the curriculum covers.
    • Eric • Graduate
      Jeff provides amazing mentorship and instruction on the journey into Data Science.  This was actually the second data science course I was involved in as the topics can become very complex very quickly.   Jeff's understanding and ability to break down these topics made this course extremely enjoyable. To put it simply there are a lot of data science classes out there, but not many Jeff Katz.

The curriculum covered in this class can become overwhelming quickly so I would recommend making sure you have time in your life to focus.
    • Data Engineering
      - 2/1/2021
      Luis • People Analytics - Reporting & Analytics • Student
      Hands down the best curriculum and instructor to introduce you to data engineering and cloud deployment. Jeff's personal approach shows you the intricacies of the industry and the tools needed to make you a sought out candidate. There is no substitute to hands on the keyboard and doing. If you're looking for a fast, highly technical, and relevant course, Jigsaw Labs is the school for you.
    • Michele • Data Scientist • Graduate
      Jigsaw Labs' 'Data Science Career Course' really helped me level-up my skills in Python, SQL, APIs, building dashboards, machine learning, and project-building. The instructor is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and flexible (depending on individual student's needs). Jigsaw Labs classes are taught part-time, after work hours (which made it extremely convenient for students with full-time jobs and other daytime obligations). Initially the course was taught in-person, however the boot camp went fully remote in March. Students came in at all skill levels; every class usually involved structured curriculum, lectures/demos from the instructor, followed by practical coding labs that we worked on in groups (in online breakout rooms, with help from the instructor when needed). Even though students came in at all levels of experience, all students came out of the boot camp with more skills and high-level and unique projects to expand their portfolios. A few months into the program, I was able to show the first project I completed at Jigsaw Labs to interviewers, which resulted in me being offered a competitive data science fellowship. Throughout the program, the Jigsaw Labs instructor and curriculum continued to help me improve on my projects and develop new skills; even after the program, the instructor continued to share resources and offer advice about my job search and how I could continue to improve my code and Github portfolio. A few months after completing the course, I landed my first data science job, so I would highly recommend applying to Jigsaw Labs for anyone looking to transition into a data science or data engineering career!
    • Course Review
      - 10/16/2020
      Campbell Hutcheson • Graduate
      I was in the 6 month Data Science Career course. Jeff was an excellent instructor and all the other students were great to work with.
    • student
      - 3/18/2020
      Shannon • Student
      Jigsaw Labs is a part time data science class. Jeff is a great teacher because he is very patient and good at explaining things. The class is small so there is lots of one on one attention.  The students also work together to reinforce new topics and concepts.
    • kani • Analytics senior • Graduate
      It is easy for skills to stagnate in an ever-changing face of tech. Before Jigsaw, I had been trying online courses with disappointing results. It is difficult to maintain the drive required to study unassisted. While leaning, I also had to satisfy the demands of full-time work. Jigsaw helped me solve this puzzle.

It is a powerful combination hands-first curriculum, a considerate instructor and an engaging cohort that made my experience unique. The focus on industry-oriented knowledge and project-based work is beneficial for professionals with a goal of practical learning. Along with course instruction, the community in our cohort enabled discussions as a part of learning which is essential to progress. The on-demand availability of the instruction was also useful part of understanding.

I feel fortunate to have found Jigsaw at the right time. I would recommend anyone keen on investing their skills to give it a shot.