covalence-logo

Covalence

Covalence

Covalence provides career-changing 12-week, full-time and 6-month, part-time full stack web development educational programs online. In Covalence's Full Stack bootcamp, students learn the essentials of front-end, back-end, and database development by focusing on modern technologies and techniques, such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), ReactJS, Node.js, Express, MySQL, and React Native.

Covalence’s Catalyst program is a full-time, immersive 12-week bootcamp delivered online. Catalyst students commit at least 40 hours per week to learn the curriculum through recorded video lectures and real-world project-based assignments. Covalence requires Catalyst students to attend daily webinars and participate in code reviews. Catalyst students have a dedicated instructor while going through the course, and they also have full access to the Covalence Community through Discord where they can receive additional real-time help from fellow students, Covalence alumni, and staff. At the end of the course, students will have a portfolio of real projects deployed to their GitHub profile, and they will be equipped with the necessary skills to be employed as a junior-level full stack software developer.

For students that are looking for a more flexible option, Covalence's 6-month Molecular program provides the same time-tested Full Stack curriculum as the Catalyst program, but it is offered at a part-time pace and flexible daily schedule. Molecular students receive weekly one-on-one mentoring with an instructor, exclusive features within the student learning portal (that Covalence built), and priority support channels in the Covalence Community. Like their Catalyst counterparts, Molecular students will also have a portfolio of projects ready to show prospective employers at the end of the course, and they'll also be ready to enter the job market as junior-level full stack software developers.

Covalence welcomes students from all backgrounds and experience levels. For both of their programs, students receive additional job prep and career resources, access to submit questions in a Stack Overflow-like Q&A feature in Covalence's student portal, and the ability to submit their assignments for review for personal feedback from an instructor.

Recent Covalence Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (52) reviews for Covalence →

Recent Covalence News

Read all (8) articles about Covalence →
  • Catalyst Software Development Bootcamp (Full-Time)

Catalyst is a full-time, immersive 12-week bootcamp delivered online. Catalyst students commit at least 40 hours per week to learning the curriculum through recorded video lectures and real-world project assignments. Covalence requires Catalyst students to attend daily webinars and participate in code reviews. Catalyst students have a dedicated instructor while going through the course, and they also have full access to the Covalence Community through Discord where they can receive additional real-time help from fellow students, Covalence alumni, and staff. At the end of the course, students will have a portfolio of real projects deployed to their GitHub profile, and they will be equipped with the necessary skills to be employed as a junior-level Full Stack software developer. Once students make it through the application process, they can start on any given Monday!
    Deposit$50 application fee
    Financing options are available through SkillsFund
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course, which is included in the application fee.
  • Catalyst Software Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

REST, Agile, Android, CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, HTML, iOS, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, MySQL, Node.js, React.js, Scrum, SQL, DevOps
    For students that are looking for a more flexible learning option, Covalence's part-time Catalyst program provides the same time-tested Full Stack curriculum and features as its full-time counterpart, but it is offered at a part-time pace and flexible daily schedule. Part-time Catalyst students receive weekly one-on-one mentoring with an instructor, access to instructor-led webinars, exclusive features within the student learning portal (that Covalence built), and priority support channels in the Covalence Community. Catalyst students will also have a portfolio of projects ready to show prospective employers at the end of the course, and they'll also be ready to start their careers as entry-level Full Stack software developers. Enrollment is always open.
    Deposit$50 application fee
    Financing available through SkillsFund
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep Course, which is included in the application fee.

DepotU is in a fantastic location - look up Innovation Depot.  I had an excellent experience. My class was very, very happy with our instructor.  Be prepared to work hard!  DepotU certainly wants to give you your money's worth. We had a lecture every morning and a lab every afternoon.  The class size felt just right.

The DepotU director, Haley, was super helpful with getting students connected with potential employers.  Recruiters will stop by occasionally.  Try to make friends with your classmates - you will work alongside them throughout the process.  Know when to ask for help, but try to learn how to accurately search for a solution on the web.

I had done a fair amount of self teaching before Depot/U, but was looking for something more. I needed a real human there to answer my questions and give me the "why" from time to time. David Stapleton did a great job with his lectures, as well as 1 on 1 help throughout the course. I am glad I took the course, as it has advanced my career and helped me get into a field that can be very tough to break through.

This course teaches you the ins and outs of JavaScript, which will prove valuable no matter what programming language you go on to learn in the future. Depot/U teaches you how to learn, so you can enrich your programming experience on your own, forever.

This course is definitely worth it, but make sure you are ready to give 110% and you are totally invested in learning to code!

• Software Engineer
    - 8/23/2016
    Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

TL;DR

Choosing to attend Depot/U has proven to be one of the most impactful decisions I have ever made. The course was not only tremendously useful in terms of learning specifics about front-end development in order to enter the workforce as a developer, but it also continues to pay professional dividends from the contacts I made while attending the bootcamp.

Full Version

I was in the very first course in the Fall of 2015, and it took me a long time to determine whether or not it was something I should do. I was already learning web development on my own, but I wanted to get up to speed quickly in order to start a career as a software developer. It was around this time that I discovered Depot/U, and I vetted them as best as I could at the time (I didn't have the luxury of student reviews that all of you do!). After meeting with several prospective students and the instructor, I finally came to the conclusion to take the course, and I am very glad that I did as it has completely changed my life and its trajectory.

The coursework – while not extremely rigorous in nature – was very, very fast-paced, and so I will echo others that have left reviews and state that you may find yourself falling behind. That's to be expected. (It's a bootcamp, afterall. Treat it as such from the beginning, and you'll get much more out of the course.) Do your best, and focus on understanding what you're learning and why. There will be a moment where things start to click, and it becomes much easier thereafter.

Since I was a part of the first course, there was a learning curve for both students and instructors, but there have been significant and beneficial changes to the curriculum infrastructure that make this bootcamp an even better investment in yourself. With that being said, that's how you should view the course. It's an investment in yourself - no one will be holding your hand through job interviews, so it's up to you to put the time, energy, and effort in to make the most of this opportunity while you're in the course. Moreover, use the opportunity to network with people as much as possible; you never know when a simple introduction will lead to a job offer or business venture.

I was very fortunate to secure a job as a front-end engineer soon after graduating, and the opportunities that have come from my involvement in Depot/U continue to astound me. I highly recommend this course, and I wish those involved nothing but the best. Happy coding, everyone.

• Andrew Cartwright • Student

I'm currently a student, and at about 1/3 of the way through the curriculum, I'm already applying stuff I've learned to the 'real world', even automating some of the work at my office job. The instructors are knowledgeable and are quick to respond to code reviews, even though I'm in the self-paced bootcamp.

The lectures themselves are very digestable and the info is presented in a very clear format. The labs are pretty fun exercises and they try to keep you engaged. Overall, I'm genuinely enjoying my experience programming through Covalence, and as this review stands, I haven't missed a single day in committing code for this whole month yet.

I can't speak for the job assistance yet because I still have a couple months to go until completetion but they still offer advice and webinars year-round for career assistance, so I'd imagine the direct career assistance as you come near the end of the program would be just as on-par as the rest of the course.

Excellent value, excellent product.