codeworks-logo

Codeworks

Barcelona, Berlin, London, Online

Codeworks

Codeworks is an immersive coding bootcamp with campuses in several locations around the world. Students can attend Codeworks courses in-person or remotely. Programs include 8-week and 12-week, full-time, software engineering and full-stack web development courses. All programs cover HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node, Express, SQL and NoSQL databases, Angular, and React, with the 12-week course also covering DevOps, continuous deployment and systems architecture.

The courses are divided into two sections: theory and advanced programming topics, then applied learning through building complete products. Codeworks aims to help students build complex apps and gain an advanced understanding of JavaScript. Graduates should be able to build entire applications and contribute to coding projects of any size.

Codeworks is tailored for people at any level with a three-part program process. To apply, candidates must first pass an admission challenge. Applicants with no previous coding experience are offered a remote intro course that covers programming fundamentals, basic JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more. Once admitted into the program, students complete an 8-week, remote pre-course where covering intermediate programming topics like jQuery, Git, Developer tools, and intro to APIs. Once students pass the pre-course, they can start the main programming course.

All Codeworks programs include hiring events at the end of the course, including portfolio preparation and tech interview training. Finally, all graduates receive lifelong career support, and become part of an international network of alumni and partner companies.

Recent Codeworks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (107) reviews for Codeworks →

Recent Codeworks News

Read all (7) articles about Codeworks →
  • Corporate training

LocationBarcelona, Online, London, Berlin
    Training programs for tech companies wanting to ramp up their development teams. We’ve designed intensive programs that can take place at your offices or at our campus. This focused training helps your development team master specific topics. Subjects include advanced JavaScript, Angular, React, and Node JS. Custom programs can be created according to your company’s needs.
  • Software Engineering Immersive

LocationBerlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    Our flagship course, and the most complete way to get your engineering career started. Throughout the 12 weeks you learn all the skills of a professional programmer and get to build 3 projects of growing complexity. The course includes 1 week of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to make entire applications, and contribute to coding projects of any size. You will learn strong Software Engineering patterns, and understand how to work productively in team with other engineers. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-software-engineering-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Pay a deposit to secure your place, and start to pay back the rest only once you get a satisfying job offer.
    Tuition PlansPay upfront, pay with a loan or pay when you get a job. Check details and availability on our website: https://codeworks.me/financing-options/
    ScholarshipScholarships offered periodically in collaboration with industry partners, check website for details.
    Minimum Skill LevelGood understanding of HTML and CSS, basic programming and JavaScript syntax.
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Web Development Immersive

LocationBerlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    This program gives you the preparation to become a solid web programmer. Throughout the 8 weeks you learn all the fundamentals of functional programming and get to build 1 personal project. The course includes 2 days of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to build full-stack applications and understand advanced coding topics. This is our shortest course and the fastest way to get your developer career kickstarted. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-web-development-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Rod • Web Developer • Student

I joined the Codeworks full-stack Javascript program as part of their 2nd cohort. I was looking for a course in Europe that focused on Javascript, particularly the latest front-end and back-end frameworks. I believe this is the only bootcamp that offers this at the moment. Their 12-week curriculum, as well as their location in Barcelona, appealed to me, so I applied. I ended up visiting the school during a trip to Barcelona, and got to meet some of the staff. That just reinforced my decision to attend Codeworks. Definitely glad I made that choice.

The instructors are JS ninjas. Their teaching methods are effective, particularly when they live-code examples and solutions to exercises and articulate their thought processes while coding. They’d give students the opportunity to live-code as well, which I thought was a good exercise for us.

Since Codeworks is a new program, the staff is willing to listen to our feedback and adapt to our needs. They’re a great team, that seems genuinely invested in our success. Moreover, our cohort was a small group, made up smart and driven professionals. I’ve learned a great deal from everyone involved, which helped make the marathon schedule more tolerable and enjoyable. In spite of the long hours, we did manage to have a few social outings, and networking opps at local tech events. Building a solid network, particularly here in Barcelona, has been a welcome benefit, since I may end up working here after we complete the program in February.

Overall, my time at Codeworks has been worth the money and sacrifice. I’ve leveled up my JS dev skills, and now have hands-on experience using the latest tools and frameworks that are in  high demand across the industry. I highly recommend the  program to anyone else wanting to do the same.
  • Amazing Experience
    - 12/16/2016
    JC Garcia • Student

I have to thank the professionals in Codeworks for their time and dedication.
    The program is very well structured course, and very intense...
    I would recommend it to everybody that is interested in learning Javascript and benefit from it!

• Anonymous • Full-stack Developer • Graduate
    When I came in, I could only solve basic problems in JavaScript. After 12 weeks I was able to build a whole web application myself and got a remote job in less than two months after getting graduated.

Amazing journey with amazing people taking good care of you. Great choice.
    Great experience with amazing people and awesome support. Very good lectures, comprehensive syllabus and very helpful staff. If you're interested in expanding your knowledge within the JavaScript world, this course is definitely a great investment. Career support is also very useful. Would definitely recommend.
  • Anonymous • Applicant
    Applied for this course and got accepted, all throughout the process was getting emails trying to get me to pay in full when I told them I still wanted to pay once I got a job I was told they made new changes to their policies and I was no longer eligible to take part. This was after the JS pre-course, admissions interview, tech interview and the project I spent so much time on over the holidays. Very disappointed in the manner in which they treated me. I suggest finding a course that has it together and will be upfront with you from the beginning. I do not recommend! Also if you do decide to waste your time I would advise waiting until they have up to date statistics about job placement as they don't have those statistics for the remote course online.
    Response From: Admissions Team of Codeworks
    Title: Admissions Team
    Tuesday, Apr 27 2021
    Hi there, we’re sorry you didn’t have a positive experience with us.

As our team will have explained to you during the admission process, and as we clearly state on our website, the "Pay when you get a job" financing option has certain work permit requirements and has "Limited seats available, where applicants from minorities and underrepresented groups are given priority".

We do this to make sure that we support a fair and diverse educational environment, providing financing to the students who need it the most. As you were told in advance, we can't guarantee financing before a candidate completes the admission process, and we receive all the required information to evaluate each case.
  • Great experience
    - 11/3/2020
    I attended Codeworks remotely in the middle of the pandemic and have only positive experience with this course. It's super intense - 70 hours a week, and requires commitment and motivation. I was lucky that my cohort was a great group of people and that is something that helps the experience. It has definitely changed my life - I got a job as a web developer and I'm loving it.
  • Anonymous • Full Stack Developer • Student

I finished the bootcamp this week. I'm still amazed about how much I learned during these months. Now I'm capable to do things that I never thought that I was going to be able to do. And this couldn't have been possible without CodeWorks.

During the bootcamp you end up embracing the feeling of getting out of your comfort zone.

They not only teach you JavaScript, they teach you how to make the most of your learning.

You learn how to easily dig into documentation and how to manage your time between learning and practising.

What I loved most  was the Senior part where we could build 3 projects and experience how it's like to work as a team.

I was on my first year of University studying Computer Science, working part time and already with another degree, when I decided that I didn’t want to spend the next 4-5 years studying and working in some job that I wasn’t enjoying. I found Codeworks and it is exactly what I needed, a 3 month immersive course where I could learn how to code properly and convert ideas that I had into actual projects.

I attended the 3-day Introduction to HTML and CSS and found it to be very enjoyable and informative. The instructors encourage you to ask questions and try to ensure that everyone has a clear understanding of the topics. They seem very passionate about what they do and this created a fun and motivating experience. Concepts that I had previously found difficult to understand by myself at home became clear within the first hour! The course left me with a very good understanding of the basics of HTML and CSS and advice was given about further resources for home study. During the course, students in the final days of the intensive bootcamp presented their projects and it was so impressive and inspiring to see what can be accomplished in such a short time. I very much liked the classroom space and could happily imagine spending many hours in there studying. I found the whole experience to be very encouraging and left the course feeling motivated to continue learning.

• Anonymous • Student • Student

I participated in a three day introduction to HTML and CSS. In a short amount of time, we received a good understanding of basic concepts and we were able to produce a simple webpage. The instructors are knowledgeable, encourage questions and participation, and genuinely motivated to help students learn programming. In the end, I was given a list of resources to get an even stronger foundation for learning more advanced material.

• Anonymous • Fullstack software developer • Graduate

Having some previous experience programming (self-learning) I'm still surprised of the amounts of things I learned during the bootcamp. More focused on the language and other long term developer skills but without forgeting the latest big JS frameworks.

Overall very nice experience, excellent instructors, beautiful place, wonderful weather but little time to enjoy it, very immersive and intense day to day.

Codeworks Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Codeworks, 98% graduated. 67% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 40 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

We do not report median salary as our graduates find jobs in many different cities around the world, with different economies and costs of living. For this period out graduates secured salaries 24% above the average for Software Engineers in their location.

More information at codeworks.me/outcomes