codeworks-logo

Codeworks

Barcelona, Berlin, London, Online

Codeworks

Codeworks is an immersive coding bootcamp with campuses in several locations around the world. Students can attend Codeworks courses in-person or remotely. Programs include 8-week and 12-week, full-time, software engineering and full-stack web development courses. All programs cover HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node, Express, SQL and NoSQL databases, Angular, and React, with the 12-week course also covering DevOps, continuous deployment and systems architecture.

The courses are divided into two sections: theory and advanced programming topics, then applied learning through building complete products. Codeworks aims to help students build complex apps and gain an advanced understanding of JavaScript. Graduates should be able to build entire applications and contribute to coding projects of any size.

Codeworks is tailored for people at any level with a three-part program process. To apply, candidates must first pass an admission challenge. Applicants with no previous coding experience are offered a remote intro course that covers programming fundamentals, basic JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more. Once admitted into the program, students complete an 8-week, remote pre-course where covering intermediate programming topics like jQuery, Git, Developer tools, and intro to APIs. Once students pass the pre-course, they can start the main programming course.

All Codeworks programs include hiring events at the end of the course, including portfolio preparation and tech interview training. Finally, all graduates receive lifelong career support, and become part of an international network of alumni and partner companies.

Recent Codeworks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (107) reviews for Codeworks →

Recent Codeworks News

Read all (7) articles about Codeworks →
  • Corporate training

LocationBarcelona, Online, London, Berlin
    Training programs for tech companies wanting to ramp up their development teams. We’ve designed intensive programs that can take place at your offices or at our campus. This focused training helps your development team master specific topics. Subjects include advanced JavaScript, Angular, React, and Node JS. Custom programs can be created according to your company’s needs.
  • Software Engineering Immersive

LocationBerlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    Our flagship course, and the most complete way to get your engineering career started. Throughout the 12 weeks you learn all the skills of a professional programmer and get to build 3 projects of growing complexity. The course includes 1 week of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to make entire applications, and contribute to coding projects of any size. You will learn strong Software Engineering patterns, and understand how to work productively in team with other engineers. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-software-engineering-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Pay a deposit to secure your place, and start to pay back the rest only once you get a satisfying job offer.
    Tuition PlansPay upfront, pay with a loan or pay when you get a job. Check details and availability on our website: https://codeworks.me/financing-options/
    ScholarshipScholarships offered periodically in collaboration with industry partners, check website for details.
    Minimum Skill LevelGood understanding of HTML and CSS, basic programming and JavaScript syntax.
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Web Development Immersive

LocationBerlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    This program gives you the preparation to become a solid web programmer. Throughout the 8 weeks you learn all the fundamentals of functional programming and get to build 1 personal project. The course includes 2 days of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to build full-stack applications and understand advanced coding topics. This is our shortest course and the fastest way to get your developer career kickstarted. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-web-development-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Amazing experience
    - 12/11/2017
    Karina • Graduate
    I attended Codeworks right after finishing university (Hotel management) and now I can say that  during 3 months in the bootcamp I have learned and been challenged more than during 4 years of getting my bachelor degree.

If its your first coding experience I would totally recommend Codeworks. The extensive pre-course gives you a very good basis, instructors always very helpful and there's a wide range of topics explained

• Frederic Pinon • Junior Front End Developer in React Native • Graduate

I graduated from Codeworks end of October 2017. The whole experience was as intense as I hoped it would, and prepared me perfectly to become a web developer. You will go through various steps during the selection process and will already learn quite a lot before starting the actual course. The on site program is really ambitious and may seem overwhelming at first but builds up very well from pure javascript to practice with back end and front end frameworks, up to the development of involved applications. So very high motivation to learn and put in the effort is key here, but the great thing is that the team’s dedication to students is crazy high, way above expectations in my opinion.

Another important point is the support we get regarding the job hunt towards the end of the bootcamp, and beyond. Very useful advice and interview preparation, in addition to meeting recruiters. I received 3 job offers in the first month after graduating, two in Barcelona and one in London, all through Codeworks’ network. Couldn’t hope for a better return on investment! Aside from the technical things, the human experience at Codeworks is really great too. Give them a shout!

• Highly recommended
    - 11/24/2017
    Chris Hardman • Graduate

I reviewed a number of bootcamps before selecting Codeworks – in the interview stages, the entry process for Codeworks was far more challenging than anything else that I encountered, and I took this to be a good gauge of the ambition of the course and people that I would be learning with.  I was not disappointed on either front!

The course itself was hugely challenging at times (we covered a lot of new material almost every day and you really will be working 60-70+ hours per week) but extremely rewarding. Make sure to allocate at least one month for the pre-course, as this is also pretty comprehensive and it will really make things easier for you if you arrive well-prepared (particularly if you don’t have much experience in this space).

I also really enjoyed getting to know my fellow students, the instructors and the wider Codeworks team – everyone is really smart, friendly and helpful, and I think that the network that the school provides (plus on-going support etc) will prove to be extremely valuable going forward.

Overall, highly recommended

• Good experience
    - 11/4/2017
    Eddy • Graduate

I applied to a few bootcamps, codeworks being the only one I applied to with anything close to a tech interview to pass, which reflects on the kind of students you'll meet at codeworks. The staff and students are incredibly hard working. The work enviroment is easy to learn in, and the staff are easy to talk to. I had coded somewhat before but there was never a time I didn't feel challenged. I'm pleased with the outcome. If you're thinking about a coding bootcamp in europe, I don't know of any other will give you the depth and range of knowledge that comes with codeworks.

• Coding Bootcamp
    - 8/30/2017
    Angelica Valenta • Graduate

Course is divided into 6 weeks "Theory" and 6 weeks "Practical" - the last week of the course if focused on job assistance. At the end of the course, I had the tools necessary to continue building applications on my own.

• Salmane Hajouji • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

Codeworks is a life changing experience. It’s not only a course, it’s a family and a network of gifted/talented people. The bootcamp is very demanding and helps you reach limits of yourself you couldn’t imagine. You can discuss with the teachers about everything… like some kind of app you want to create and they can guide you. Arol is the mentor that you might spend  a lot of time with and probably one of the best programmer you’ll meet in your life. We had so many great time and his knowledge is kinda infinite :D Weeks before the end of the bootcamp they start helping you on finding a job (if you are not willing to create your startup, if so they also help you that way). To be honest right now most of the students found something before the end of the bootcamp, and the max right now was 2 weeks after the end. Your teammates are also very talented people… Before the bootcamp : make sure to do the pre-course with attention, it doesn’t get easier after lol. It will help you a lot during the algorithm part at the beginning. During the bootcamp : just make sure to finish every sprint on time, follow the planning and be sure to finish the task before sleeping. You still have sunday to catch up but every delay can be risky. Invest yourself 200%! Ask as many questions as you want to the instructors, sometimes they won’t answer you because they want you to find by yourself, and its the best way to learn, the answer will be printed in your mind if you find it by yourself. About the concurrence i’ll be honest : all the other bootcamps are just a way to discover programming, at the end you dont even know the other possible frameworks etc. I’m pretty sure students in other bootcamp in barcelona at the end of the course won’t even be able to do the pre-course for codeworks on their own, and that’s true for a lot of other bootcamps in europe. Only in the junior part (6 first weeks) we learn how to use : node.js/express/koa/polymer/angular/react/meteor and a bit of python/c++/ruby, for the databases : redis/mongodb/mongoose/mySQLand thats just the headlines. You learn them and after you are able to choose which one fits you the most according to your project. During the senior part (6 last weeks), you apply what you've learnt and you create 3 apps ! The last one is a complete MVP with all your team. I learnt how to pair program thanks to codeworks and is very powerful experience ( and thats how they do in the best IT companies such as twitter etc). My choice was either Codeworks or HackReactor, both of them makes you a king if you invest yourself and your energy at 200% during 3months. I choosed codeworks because i wanted to be in a small team (not a big size bootcamp), be able to ask questions as much as i want, i also wanted to be able to come back in my hometown during the week break (week 7) and because the lifestyle in Barcelona is completely booming!

Codeworks is worth the invest !

• Eric • Full Stack Developer • Student

I finished the bootcamp this week. I'm still amazed about how much I learned during these months. Now I'm capable to do things that I never thought that I was going to be able to do. And this couldn't have been possible without CodeWorks.

During the bootcamp you end up embracing the feeling of getting out of your comfort zone.

They not only teach you JavaScript, they teach you how to make the most of your learning.

You learn how to easily dig into documentation and how to manage your time between learning and practising.

What I loved most  was the Senior part where we could build 3 projects and experience how it's like to work as a team.

• Great experience!!
    - 7/15/2017
    David • Graduate

I attended this course because I wanted to change the path that I took in my career. Even I studied and graduated in Engineering, I did not have the knowledge that Codeworks provided.
    The organization is amazing. They support you at everything you need. The resources and exercices they provide are incredible, real-world oriented.
    Prepare yourself for a journey, in which your mind will blow sometimes, this will mean you are learning.
    The environment and the offices are incredible, they are located in the techie neighborhood in Barcelona called Poblenou.
    Another important thing to note are the hiring partners. They are great companies and some of them are close to the office.

• Olga • Entrepreneur • Graduate

I came to Codeworks to learn coding and apply it in future start-up development, but I didn't expect anything that happened in the following 3 months. The program is incredibly intense and makes you give the best of yourself every single day, it requires perseverance and self-discipline to go beyond your personal limits, to go out of your comfort zone and to reach new levels. Codeworks is not an easy course, but its one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. At the end of the 3 months you realize that you are doing thing that you were even afraid to imagine before starting and that you are fully able to implement amazing projects yourself. Another very relevant thing that is given to you by Codeworks is the ability to get used to fast and intense learning, which gives you the capacity to pick up quickly any new tool, framework and even programming language after the course itself.

Apart from the content of the course it has two other components that make your experience in the bootcamp so outstanding: the people and the atmosphere. The people who you meet at Codeworks are exceptional professionals, developers, entrepreneurs and leaders. They inspire you to go forward every day and most importantly thay become your true friends who support you and make you laugh even on the toughest day when every line of code that you write breaks. They are also the ones who make the atmosphere in the bootcamp so friendly, informal and comfortable, that makes you want to stay longer and enjoy all the time spent at their amazing office.

Long story short: it is an incredible experience that I would recommend to anyone who wants to not only learn coding and become a full stack developer capable of almost anything, but also to make friends, achieve new horizons and live 3 amazing life changing months in Barcelona. Codeworks is the place to be!

• Crash course!
    - 2/18/2017
    Eddy

I just completed an Intro to Coding class with Alex and it was like drinking out of a fire hose! I learned the a few basics - using a bit of theory and some practical exercises - in three 2-hour sessions. Alex and his team were patient, fun to work with, and understood how to convey the absolute basics to absolute beginners. I'd definitely recommend it for someone that wants to get a taste of coding before making a bigger commitment to a bootcamp or someone who wants to better appreciate the work their colleagues do on a day-to-day basis.

• Life changing
    - 12/21/2016
    mapageKA21 • Graduate

Finished the course on Saturday and got hired on Monday, what else could I expect from a bootcamp? Amazing experience, fun, challenging and useful.

You could choose another school in New York, Boston or London but only in Barcelona you can sunbathe in December :)

• Highly Reccomend
    - 12/17/2016
    Varun A • Full Stack Engineer • Student

Codeoworks has been an incredible experience and would reccomend this to anyne looking to change careers and delve into Full Stack Engineeing. I am a civil engineer and only had prior Matlab experience so the learning curve was intense at the start but due to the quality of the teaching and supportive environment, things started to click and I could start building full stack applications within 6 weeks.

I made friends with the tutors , co-founders and students that I will have for the rest of my life and we are looking to co-work with some of them in the future. Codeworks has an intense hiring round week at the end of the course which had in excess of 10-15 companies looking to hire engineers from Codeworks.

The campus in regards to the facilities are the best I have seen in Europe (and trust me I did my research before joining) and Barcelona is a great city for tech startups. I moved here from Melbourne and I did not have any problems with the language or to settle down here.

Codeworks Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Codeworks, 98% graduated. 67% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 40 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

We do not report median salary as our graduates find jobs in many different cities around the world, with different economies and costs of living. For this period out graduates secured salaries 24% above the average for Software Engineers in their location.

More information at codeworks.me/outcomes