codeworks-logo

Codeworks

Barcelona, Berlin, London, Online

Codeworks

Codeworks is an immersive coding bootcamp with campuses in several locations around the world. Students can attend Codeworks courses in-person or remotely. Programs include 8-week and 12-week, full-time, software engineering and full-stack web development courses. All programs cover HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node, Express, SQL and NoSQL databases, Angular, and React, with the 12-week course also covering DevOps, continuous deployment and systems architecture.

The courses are divided into two sections: theory and advanced programming topics, then applied learning through building complete products. Codeworks aims to help students build complex apps and gain an advanced understanding of JavaScript. Graduates should be able to build entire applications and contribute to coding projects of any size.

Codeworks is tailored for people at any level with a three-part program process. To apply, candidates must first pass an admission challenge. Applicants with no previous coding experience are offered a remote intro course that covers programming fundamentals, basic JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more. Once admitted into the program, students complete an 8-week, remote pre-course where covering intermediate programming topics like jQuery, Git, Developer tools, and intro to APIs. Once students pass the pre-course, they can start the main programming course.

All Codeworks programs include hiring events at the end of the course, including portfolio preparation and tech interview training. Finally, all graduates receive lifelong career support, and become part of an international network of alumni and partner companies.

Recent Codeworks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (107) reviews for Codeworks →

Recent Codeworks News

Read all (7) articles about Codeworks →
  • Corporate training

LocationBarcelona, Online, London, Berlin
    Training programs for tech companies wanting to ramp up their development teams. We’ve designed intensive programs that can take place at your offices or at our campus. This focused training helps your development team master specific topics. Subjects include advanced JavaScript, Angular, React, and Node JS. Custom programs can be created according to your company’s needs.
  • Software Engineering Immersive

LocationBerlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    Our flagship course, and the most complete way to get your engineering career started. Throughout the 12 weeks you learn all the skills of a professional programmer and get to build 3 projects of growing complexity. The course includes 1 week of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to make entire applications, and contribute to coding projects of any size. You will learn strong Software Engineering patterns, and understand how to work productively in team with other engineers. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-software-engineering-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Pay a deposit to secure your place, and start to pay back the rest only once you get a satisfying job offer.
    Tuition PlansPay upfront, pay with a loan or pay when you get a job. Check details and availability on our website: https://codeworks.me/financing-options/
    ScholarshipScholarships offered periodically in collaboration with industry partners, check website for details.
    Minimum Skill LevelGood understanding of HTML and CSS, basic programming and JavaScript syntax.
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Web Development Immersive

LocationBerlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    This program gives you the preparation to become a solid web programmer. Throughout the 8 weeks you learn all the fundamentals of functional programming and get to build 1 personal project. The course includes 2 days of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to build full-stack applications and understand advanced coding topics. This is our shortest course and the fastest way to get your developer career kickstarted. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-web-development-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Petr • Frontend Engineer • Graduate
    It's been a year since I graduated from Codeworks and in retrospect I can say that joining the bootcamp has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. As a former CS grad who had previously pursued a project management career, Codeworks provided me with the right roadmap, motivation and environment to update my skillset, learn an up-to-date tech stack, create a portfolio attractive to recruiters, and make the desired career switch a reality.

I was able to land my first dev job within 5 weeks from graduation, and now one year later I have landed a significantly better offer with one of the top companies on the BCN tech scene. I'd like to give big Kudos to Codeworks' career support consultant Marc, who was always on-hand to provide invaluable guidance during both of these hiring processes.

To sum up, I totally recommend Codeworks to anyone who's truly passionate about tech and willing to put in the hard work. The investment and effort has paid off n-fold to both myself and many of my fellow graduates.
  • Highly recommend
    - 6/15/2021
    Maria • Graduate
    Highly recommend this bootcamp if you want to learn the latest tech stack for Web Development and restart your career. I especially recommend this bootcamp if you have previous experience or basic coding knowledge.
    Successfully found a job within 2 months after completion!
    - 6/15/2021
    Ivan Gelo • Graduate
    I really enjoyed my time at Codeworks, it was one of the best and most intense experience of my life. If you are thinking about doing a coding bootcamp, I would definitely recommend checking out Codeworks. In my opinion, Codeworks gives you the means to reach your goals in 3 months + the precourse (about 1 month), this is achieved through 12 - 13 hours of coding a day including Saturdays, and 24/7 access to the campus, however the best part about Codeworks is the team of people responsible to guide you through this, they are awesome, professional, friendly and on top of their game, this goes to all the staff, in my opinion this is the true value Codeworks provides.
    Having said all that a person coming to Codeworks needs to be ready to work, and put in the hours in order to achieve set goals, after all of that you will leave the course with amazing amount of knowledge gathered in such a short period of time, and most important of all you will attain a skill of learning how to learn new skills and technologies and the confidence to do so.
  • Mert • Graduate
    For many people including myself, the decision to make a career change itself is a huge one, let alone finding a bootcamp and signing up for the time (and financial) commitment that comes with it. In my case, initially I was extremely skeptical of all bootcamps, but Codeworks to me seemed the most reasonable one at least on paper, so I decided to take a leap of faith. I see many others have shared their experience already and they pretty much sum up mine as well, but just to quickly summarize, I spent an amazing 3 months, learnt a ton, met great people and found a job that I genuinely find exciting in a few weeks upon completing the course. If you have already decided on making such a move and you are in the stage of choosing a bootcamp, I would definitely recommend Codeworks. Rest assured the positive reviews you can find online is coming from real students, and the outcomes they share on their website are consistent with what I have seen from my cohort.
  • Jasja Prick • Frontend Engineer • Student
    Codeworks has an amazing curriculum that takes you from 20 to 80 instead of 0 to 60. The best thing about the curriculum is that apart from advanced JS, backend frameworks and frontend frameworks Codeworks also teaches you the essential foundations of coding, such as algorithms and data structures, where many coding schools focus mainly on the 'hot topics.'

The staff is very experienced and helpful, and the location is amazing! Also the job support is really good.
    All in all a great learning experience that has exponentially improved my skills. It is highly immersive and fast paced so make sure you prepare well!
  • Jaume • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate
     Amazing learning experience. Great lectures, comprehensive syllabus and very helpful staff. Career support is also super useful.
  • Great!
    - 5/17/2021
    Ewa • Software Developer • Graduate
    Great experience with amazing people and awesome support.  I've managed to land a job within two months after finishing the course. The course is very intense. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get into the software development world. I'd do it again :-)
  • Max • Software Engineer • Graduate
    I attended this coding bootcamp in Berlin. One big plus is that the programme doesn't start from zero. You need to pass some coding tests and assignments to get accepted there - that means you need some prior coding experience. The programme is really well structured and it covers topics like advanced JavaScrip, data structures, databases, testing and frameworks like Angular, React and Node.js. You will finish the bootcamp with two personal projects - one coded alone and one within a team. The codeworks staff is really friendly and extremely helpful. One of the most positive aspect is a career support at the end of the programme. They will do some tech interview training with you and help setting up your github and linkedIn profile. Additionally they have some really helpful tips regarding the job search and the whole application process. I am really happy that I did codeworks -  it was challenging and at lot of work but in the end it all paid off. I learned a lot during the course and I found a job within 3 weeks after graduation.
  • Francesco • Graduate
    I decided to attend Codeworks because I was looking for something challenging, something that could take me from 20 to 100.
    At Codeworks I found it.

In this bootcamp you'll find only talented and motivated people: in fact the admission process is really strict, and the pre course assures that all the students start with a strong knowledge base.

The TAs are very prepared and always open to help when someone is stuck on annoying bugs that, without their help, could waste several hours of time googling for a solution.

Overall a great experience.
  • Guillermo Schmithalter • Software Developer • Graduate
    Codeworks is the best code academy in Barcelona. Their Software Engineering Immersive Bootcamp follows an intense 9-9-6 schedule (9am-9pm, 6 days a week!) in an environment where you will not only become a solid programmer, but you’ll also meet an incredibly professional and friendly staff that will guide you and be there for you every step of the way throughout your journey. And most importantly, the majority of the alumni finds a programming job within a couple of months after graduation.

I recommend enrolling to this academy to anyone that is ready to switch careers and become a software developer.
  • Matt Haddon • Software Engineer • Graduate
    Steep learning curve and a fantastic experience working with very bright and friendly people. I found a great coding job shortly after finishing.

The syllabus, solo project and group project prepared me very well for the job search. As a result I had a portfolio potential employers were impressed by and engaged with. The technologies included in the syllabus were cutting edge and learning full stack javascript with Node gave me the flexibility to be competitive for front end, full stack or back end roles. I could comfortably talk to potential employers about the technologies studied and used in the projects.

Thanks Codeworks!
  • Nikos • Front-end Developer • Graduate
    During the first part of the course they taught us a lot of new technologies, while still giving us the time to do exercises and understand them.
    In the second part we had to make three different projects, so that we could expand our knowledge of the technologies we most liked while simultaneously building our portfolio.
    At the end they helped us build our CV and LinkedIn profile, and helped us practice with interviews.
    During the exercises and two of the projects we also worked with other people which is great to learn how to work in a team.
    All around it has been a great experience with the only counterpoint being that it's very hard, mainly because of the fact that it is Monday to Saturday, from 9 am to 9 pm for three months, which can be very exhausting, but extremely worth it.
    I found a job just after two weeks from the end of the course, so i would definitely recommend it to anyone that has the time for it.

Codeworks Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Codeworks, 98% graduated. 67% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 40 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

We do not report median salary as our graduates find jobs in many different cities around the world, with different economies and costs of living. For this period out graduates secured salaries 24% above the average for Software Engineers in their location.

More information at codeworks.me/outcomes