codeworks-logo

Codeworks

Barcelona, Berlin, London, Online, Toronto

Codeworks

Codeworks is an immersive coding bootcamp with campuses in several locations around the world. Students can attend Codeworks courses in-person or remotely. Programs include 8-week and 12-week, full-time, software engineering and full-stack web development courses. All programs cover HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node, Express, SQL and NoSQL databases, Angular, and React, with the 12-week course also covering DevOps, continuous deployment and systems architecture.

The courses are divided into two sections: theory and advanced programming topics, then applied learning through building complete products. Codeworks aims to help students build complex apps and gain an advanced understanding of JavaScript. Graduates should be able to build entire applications and contribute to coding projects of any size.

Codeworks is tailored for people at any level with a three-part program process. To apply, candidates must first pass an admission challenge. Applicants with no previous coding experience are offered a remote intro course that covers programming fundamentals, basic JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more. Once admitted into the program, students complete an 8-week, remote pre-course where covering intermediate programming topics like jQuery, Git, Developer tools, and intro to APIs. Once students pass the pre-course, they can start the main programming course.

All Codeworks programs include hiring events at the end of the course, including portfolio preparation and tech interview training. Finally, all graduates receive lifelong career support, and become part of an international network of alumni and partner companies.

Recent Codeworks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (74) reviews for Codeworks →

Recent Codeworks News

Read all (7) articles about Codeworks →
  • Corporate training

LocationToronto, Berlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    Training programs for tech companies wanting to ramp up their development teams. We’ve designed intensive programs that can take place at your offices or at our campus. This focused training helps your development team master specific topics. Subjects include advanced JavaScript, Angular, React, and Node JS. Custom programs can be created according to your company’s needs.
  • Software Engineering Immersive

LocationToronto, Berlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    Our flagship course, and the most complete way to get your engineering career started. Throughout the 12 weeks you learn all the skills of a professional programmer and get to build 3 projects of growing complexity. The course includes 1 week of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to make entire applications, and contribute to coding projects of any size. You will learn strong Software Engineering patterns, and understand how to work productively in team with other engineers. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-software-engineering-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Pay a deposit to secure your place, and start to pay back the rest only once you get a satisfying job offer.
    Tuition PlansPay upfront, pay with a loan or pay when you get a job. Check details and availability on our website: https://codeworks.me/financing-options/
    ScholarshipScholarships offered periodically in collaboration with industry partners, check website for details.
    Minimum Skill LevelGood understanding of HTML and CSS, basic programming and JavaScript syntax.
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Web Development Immersive

LocationToronto, Berlin, London, Barcelona, Online
    This program gives you the preparation to become a solid web programmer. Throughout the 8 weeks you learn all the fundamentals of functional programming and get to build 1 personal project. The course includes 2 days of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to build full-stack applications and understand advanced coding topics. This is our shortest course and the fastest way to get your developer career kickstarted. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-web-development-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Krisztina-Noemi Gali  User Photo
    Krisztina-Noemi Gali • Microsoft Fullstack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If one is hesitating whether to do or not do the bootcamp, I would say that there is not need to hesitate. The bootcamp lies the foundation necessary to build upon. It is quite demanding, but completely doable and it's a great start for any "developer to be".
  • Filippo  User Photo
    Filippo • Senior software developed Verified via GitHub
    Very demanding experience, but overall coverage of subjects was very good and the people in the course are equally interesting
  • Ary Lima de Moraes Neto  User Photo
    Ary Lima de Moraes Neto • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Just finished Codeworks a month ago and landed a Developer job after two weeks. What I have to say is: it just depend you yourself and how much you want to learn and grow.

I can say I have learned A LOT from Codeworks. Not only how to write code but mostly how code works, data structures, algorithms, system architecture, writing clean and good code. The instructors were great and were always pushing us to learn more and more.

The Junior part is really hard, exercises are not easy, but you will learn a lot (as long as you put in the effort), and the Senior part will make your portfolio to show when you apply for jobs, and will also give you a chance to apply what you have learn and also experience working on a group.

All I can say is that it depends on yourself. If you are really focused on becoming a good developer, Codeworks will be an amazing experience, but if you're not really interested in learning and don't put in the effort, it's not worth it. For me it was really worth it.
  • Jonander Elosua  User Photo
    Jonander Elosua • Full stack developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    TL;DR: Really Difficult but Worth every penny, the staff is amazing and the curriculum is great and up to date. I switched careers and landed an amazing job in less than a month during a pandemic.

I was looking for the most demanding Bootcamp I could attend in Barcelona where there are way too many options,
    I had 0 coding experience when I decided I would into Codeworks,  and ill summarized my experience into the stages one goes through.

Admission: the admission is really tough as it includes a technical interview and a 1-week(or 2 if you need an extra week) technical task which is a Single page app.  you will need to study on your own and put effort into getting in, they say their admittance rate is less than 5% but that also means that once you are in, you are surrounded by very capable and motivated students.

Pre-Course: after you are in, you are granted access to theoretical material and 3 practical exercises that were at least to me very tough and challenging, its a requirement to have this ready before you are able to start the course, if you don't then they will reschedule your course for a later date.

the course is divided into two main 6 weeks sprints with 1 or 2 weeks of much-needed rest in between

Junior Part: these 6 first weeks when you will cover a large range of subjects in a fast-paced manner, a regular day usually starts at 9 am sharp, where you will have a non evaluated yet timed code challenge great to get your brain warm-up for the day, then its followed by a lecture on the subject of 1-3 hours tops depending on the subject, and then you will spend the rest of your day solving a difficult exercise with a fellow student doing pair programming (is a different partner per subject) and then at the end of the day an instructor will explain the exercise and answer all the questions you might have, that doesn't mean you are left alone during the time between the lecture and the exercise review, as you are able to make help request at any time where an instructor will guide you through the problem you currently have without handling down the solution. during these 6 weeks, they cover the range of subjects most boot camps cover in 3 months,(this Bootcamp is from Monday to Saturday, 9 am to 9 pm. so it shows here)

Senior Part: after you return for your much-needed break the senior part focus on using what you learn in the junior part and using it for your own projects, you will have to make 3 projects during this part. one by yourself, another with 1 or 2 more students working on a legacy project(meaning you need to improve and work on code you didn't initially write), and then you have the thesis project which is where you will apply every bit of knowledge you got so far. working in a group of 3-5 students, probably using an agile methodology.

Job Preparation Week: after all of that is done, the last week's focused on helping you prepare yourself for finding a job, here you will make mock interviews and received super helpful techniques and tips to get noticed and get that dreamed job you been doing all this for. to be clear the will provided a ton of help but as with everything else in this place, you will need to put in the effort. also, you have hiring day, which is a day where Codeworks sets interviews between you and different companies, These are small interviews of 10 mins, but it's great to practice for other companies or to get the ball rolling if you two are a match

after you finished the course you get to join the code works alumni where all graduates can share problems, jokes, and more importantly, job offers for other Codeworks graduates.

its been one of the most difficult, demanding, and rewarding experiences of my life and I managed to land a dream job in around 26 days after going through codeworks. in my opinion, it's well worth the price and time

• Amina  User Photo
    Amina • Fullstack engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended Codeworks bootcamp under exceptional circumstances, during the coronavirus pandemic.
    Due to the situation, I attended remotely. Although a bit worried about the remote setting, to begin with, it proved to work well both for the Zoom lessons and the pair programming: neither was badly affected and as a cohort, we tried our best to support each other and socialise virtually throughout the course. I also believed this prepared me to work remotely as a professional programmer.
    The course combined code-alongs, pair programming, solo practice, and docs reading - the variety helped to keep it interesting and I learned more about my personal preferences when it comes to acquiring new tech skills. In my opinion, the curriculum seemed up-to-date overall (the technologies learned were reflected in the ads in my job search afterward).
    As in any programme, it's important to put the effort in to see the results: integrating the lessons with your own reading, focusing on the technologies you're most interested in, and choosing personal projects wisely.
    Despite the market crisis during the pandemic, I found a job 2 weeks after the end of the course.
  • Bernat Muntaner  User Photo
    Bernat Muntaner • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before starting the Bootcamp I didn't know if I would endure the intensity. But I just spend every day learning something new without ever thinking about the time. I would recommend it even if you don't want to work in the technical department.

The job support is also great, even to this day.
  • Software Developer
    - 10/3/2020
    Steven Becker  User Photo
    Steven Becker • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended Codeworks Bootcamp in Barcelona from November 2019 to February 2020. I couldn't be happier. Nice students, nice teachers, a lot of intensity and hard work, all worth it! 3 epic months that led me to get my first developer job very quickly (despite Covid!),  grateful also for the support they gave me after I graduated.
    I learn everything I needed to know to get a nice developer job in only three months. Amazing!
  • Codeworks delivers
    - 10/3/2020
    Juno Jung  User Photo
    Juno Jung • Fullstack Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Codeworks has delivered perfectly on its promises. It's a wonderful experience that has taught me in just a few months the knowledge, tools and experiences necessary to acquire a job even in a working environment post-Covid.

From the beginning, I knew Codeworks was serious with its relatively stringent application process - it was the most rigourous out of all the bootcamps that I had applied to. The curriculum is thorough and they make sure to teach relevant technologies and languages to software jobs that are currently hiring.

With only my Math background, it would have been difficult, if not almost impossible to get a job on my own in the industry. However, after one short month having finished the course, I managed to land a job at a start up where I feel valued for my skills.

Codeworks was definitely an experience that I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn coding from the beginning, or needs a refresher.
  • Sergio  User Photo
    Sergio • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The Corporate Training has been a very useful experience. Our class was a small group and all of us have learned Javascript muddling through with online courses like many in people these days. In five 8-hour sessions we could set a rock solid base on the actual functioning of the language and good programming practices in general. This makes further learning significantly easier, which is key in this fast-paced industry.
    The sessions combined in a dynamic way code-alongs, pair programming, solo practice and small chunks of theory. Although it was quite challenging at times, the classes were adapted to our rhythm so we have not been overwhelmed. With the excuse of the time scarcity, many courses throw at you a lot of content in a way that simply does not stick into your mind. Few weeks after the course I can say my way of coding has definitely improved. We even had some time to solve doubts related to our product.
    I would recommend this kind of program to any company as a quick way to develop the skills of the team. Being a few days in Codeworks away from our daily duties has been worth hundreds of hours of online code alongs and documentation reading.

• Egill Hreinsson  User Photo
    Egill Hreinsson • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If you're reading this review I'm assuming that you're interested in learning how to code and are considering if Codeworks is the right choice for you (or maybe you just enjoy reading reviews which is a bit weird tbh).

If your goal is to become a freelance programmer so you can work from the comfort of your own basement, or even if you just want to improve your skills enough that your clickbait website will finally take off, you'll probably be better off taking your business elsewhere.

What makes Codeworks different from it's alternatives is the fact that you will not only learn the practical skills of writing good code, but more importantly you will learn how to think like a software engineer (you may think that coding === software engineering, but it's not).

The most valuable things you will learn during your time at Codeworks will come from the experience of working on a team. Being part of a highly motivated team of developers, working towards a common goal, you will acquire skills that no "youtube professor" can teach you.

Finally, if you're not sure you want to become a software developer, but have been convinced after reading positive online reviews, you might be making a huge mistake. Only if you're already convinced you want to be a software developer, and are looking for the best place to achieve that goal, should you apply to Codeworks. You definitely won't regret it.

• Marco Antonio Ghiani  User Photo
    Marco Antonio Ghiani • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After over one year, it's time for me to write my review about Codeworks.

Almost one and a half year ago, I terminated my studies in software engineering in Italy, and the big plan was immediately to find a place where I could specialize myself in a programming language I liked. There were many options, but after reviewing different options, Codeworks seemed to be the best choice for me.

After the application process, which I think it was really challenging, I did the pre-course and started the main course in February 2018.

What I discovered was unbelievable: the program, the people and the environment were unique in their genre, just in the first week I learned so much to surprise me, even after 5 years at university, But, it doesn't mean you need a degree to attend the course: the material and the instructors are so clear that will make you comfortable learning advanced topics such as Data Structures and Algorithms.

The final experience was for me the most insightful of my life. After my graduation as a Codeworks student, I also had the chance to stay there as a teacher assistant, growing again day by day, until I finally became an instructor. This second part of my life in Codeworks helped me to grow even more than my student career because I discovered the teaching activity to be the best way to learn. And the amazing people around you make it possible creating the best work environment I've ever seen.

Now, I accepted another good job offer in Barcelona as a Frontend developer with React, and I think all of this is thanks to Codeworks.

• Stefano Russo  User Photo
    Stefano Russo • Full stack developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After a year I finally write my review, Codeworks was a fantastic experience, not so much for the instrument as for the mentality, the team is really incredible Arol Alessandro, Leo and Marco are excellent instructors, always available to give you a hand . I decided to do this review after having so much time to dare another point of view, that of a person who has attended the bootcamp and works and after a year I can say that Codeworks is the state more than useful, I worked in Italy for 2 companies at the top of the startup in my area, I have an average salary higher than my peers and I do the job I love to do.

If you are looking for a truly professional bootcamp, choose it and I'm sure you won't regret it.

Codeworks Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Codeworks, 98% graduated. 78% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 62 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

More details available at: https://codeworks.me/outcomes