codeworks-logo

Codeworks

Barcelona, Berlin, London, Online

Codeworks

Codeworks is an immersive coding bootcamp with campuses in several locations around the world. Students can attend Codeworks courses in-person or remotely. Programs include 8-week and 12-week, full-time, software engineering and full-stack web development courses. All programs cover HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node, Express, SQL and NoSQL databases, Angular, and React, with the 12-week course also covering DevOps, continuous deployment and systems architecture.

The courses are divided into two sections: theory and advanced programming topics, then applied learning through building complete products. Codeworks aims to help students build complex apps and gain an advanced understanding of JavaScript. Graduates should be able to build entire applications and contribute to coding projects of any size.

Codeworks is tailored for people at any level with a three-part program process. To apply, candidates must first pass an admission challenge. Applicants with no previous coding experience are offered a remote intro course that covers programming fundamentals, basic JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more. Once admitted into the program, students complete an 8-week, remote pre-course where covering intermediate programming topics like jQuery, Git, Developer tools, and intro to APIs. Once students pass the pre-course, they can start the main programming course.

All Codeworks programs include hiring events at the end of the course, including portfolio preparation and tech interview training. Finally, all graduates receive lifelong career support, and become part of an international network of alumni and partner companies.

Recent Codeworks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (83) reviews for Codeworks →

Recent Codeworks News

Read all (7) articles about Codeworks →
  • Corporate training

LocationOnline, Berlin, London, Barcelona
    Training programs for tech companies wanting to ramp up their development teams. We’ve designed intensive programs that can take place at your offices or at our campus. This focused training helps your development team master specific topics. Subjects include advanced JavaScript, Angular, React, and Node JS. Custom programs can be created according to your company’s needs.
  • Software Engineering Immersive

LocationOnline, Berlin, London, Barcelona
    Our flagship course, and the most complete way to get your engineering career started. Throughout the 12 weeks you learn all the skills of a professional programmer and get to build 3 projects of growing complexity. The course includes 1 week of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to make entire applications, and contribute to coding projects of any size. You will learn strong Software Engineering patterns, and understand how to work productively in team with other engineers. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-software-engineering-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Pay a deposit to secure your place, and start to pay back the rest only once you get a satisfying job offer.
    Tuition PlansPay upfront, pay with a loan or pay when you get a job. Check details and availability on our website: https://codeworks.me/financing-options/
    ScholarshipScholarships offered periodically in collaboration with industry partners, check website for details.
    Minimum Skill LevelGood understanding of HTML and CSS, basic programming and JavaScript syntax.
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Web Development Immersive

LocationOnline, Berlin, London, Barcelona
    This program gives you the preparation to become a solid web programmer. Throughout the 8 weeks you learn all the fundamentals of functional programming and get to build 1 personal project. The course includes 2 days of career orientation, interview training, and introduction to hiring partners. At the end of the program you’re able to build full-stack applications and understand advanced coding topics. This is our shortest course and the fastest way to get your developer career kickstarted. For more info, please check: https://codeworks.me/course-web-development-immersive-on-site/
    Deposit2000
    Prep Workhttps://codeworks.me/faq#interview
  • Caroline  User Photo
    Caroline • Frontend developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Codework is the best decision I have made. I was looking for a change of career and was looking for an intense and challenging Bootcamp to learn everything there is know to become a web developer. I liked the fact that there was a pre-course to ensure that everyone had the same basic JS knowledge before actually starting the course. The curriculum is really well planned and takes into account the latest changes in the industry. Classes are qualitative, and there are a lot of practical exercises and "real life" experiences. On top of that, the support from the teachers is amazing. The Bootcamp is crazy intense but doable if you are really motivated, and definitely worth it in my opinion!
  • Alexandra Donchenko  User Photo
    Alexandra Donchenko • Software engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I finally decided that I wanted to attend a Bootcamp, I researched reviews like you do right now. I could not believe that something that does have 5 starts reviews everywhere is not a scam. But I took a “leap of faith” and decided to go with Codeworks.

The admission process already showed me why they have a high success rate, it was a challenge but doable one.

After I passed the admission process, it was time to start pre-course. Pre-course was no joke either. Again, it was a challenge but there are weekly support sessions to get you unstuck.

The course itself was exactly as described, intensive. They are serious when they say 12 hours a day, but most of us also spent Sundays reviewing and getting ready for weekly assessments. During the Junior part, you will focus more on learning new concepts and technologies. During the Senior part, you put it into work by building projects.
    Last week is focused on getting you ready for the job hunt.

Barcelona campus is beautiful, spacious, and safe during times of pandemic.
    Instructors, TA’s and admission team are friendly and dedicated to making you succeed.

About my outcome: As my background is in nursing I was not sure if I would fit, manage, or get hired. Codeworks gave me the tools and support necessary to succeed and 5 weeks after graduation I was offered a position of Software engineer in the company of my dreams.
  • Pierre Lejay  User Photo
    Pierre Lejay • Frontend Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Codeworks because it was the most intense and hardest to join of all the bootcamps I could find. As expected, this led to a high level of motivation and skill in my fellow students, which is the best environment to learn in my opinion.

Pros:
    - Well-designed curriculum. By the end, you will know what you need to know to get a job and keep learning by yourself
    - Learn by doing. Most of the time is spent learning through exercises while pairing with another student, with help available to get you unstuck while needed. Closest thing you can get to individual tuition
    - Decent job search support. They won't put you in contact with companies directly, but you don't need it. They will teach you the best way to sell yourself and provide ongoing guidance as needed. I found a job within 5 weeks and that was actually slower than the average.

Cons:
    - Intense. Make sure that you have the energy and environment required to follow through
    - Takes longer to get into than most bootcamps. Past the admission process, the pre-course work can take up to 160h to do properly (assuming limited prior knowledge). Don't rush it or you will struggle at the start.
    - Javascript only. Does one thing and does it well. That may be a con to some but was a pro for me: learning the language is actually a fairly small part of it. The main value comes in learning the Javascript ecosystem and tools, which you will need to land a front end or full stack job. You will learn programming concepts either way, but how many jobs out there require Ruby ?
  • Rafał Witczak  User Photo
    Rafał Witczak • Student Verified via GitHub

I write this review several months after finishing Codeworks. I attended 12-week software engineering course.

I’ll start from the end: I got a job offer around 1,5 months from graduation (during 3rd wave of pandemics in the country I reside!). In other words, I got what I came for - job as a developer! In addition, I had amazing experience and created great relationships with people there, some I believe for life.

The course itself for me, was as intense as it is advertised.
    If you want to get great results I believe that it requires your full commitment. It took me several months on mixing full-time job with getting through first admission phase (there are two if you start from zero JS knowledge!), then another month through the official pre-course (I came from sales and communication field, so it was a mindblower - I know that some did it faster tough). Everyone in my group struggled at various points, however we were all extremely motivated and it created great atmosphere of team working towards the same goal. Instructors can also be very stimulating and knowledgable.

In additional to theoretical and practical software engineering input you can work on some transferable skills like problem solving, reading the documentation (that definitely during pre-course), working with tools used in the industry (not only by devs) and boost on a various of soft skills.

• Meera Patel  User Photo
    Meera Patel • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're looking into Codeworks, be prepared for some gruelling hours – they're not kidding about the 12 hour days! The course is crazy intense, but I found that my confidence in my skills and in navigating unfamiliar coding situations grew over the 12 weeks. The final 5 weeks are based on building projects, both by yourself and a team – that latter part was invaluable as companies I interviewed at always asked about team-based situations. The last week is focussed on the job search, including updating your CV/LinkedIn, interview practice, and strategies on how to conduct the search. This latter part was a real eye-opener for me as it's the first time I've done a job search so methodically and strategically. I landed a job about three weeks later, and the next time I'm looking for a job, I'll be conducting it in the same way.

I also did the course remotely, and I'm really glad I did as it reduced the stress of having to commute to a physical location especially given the hours.
  • Software engineer
    - 3/24/2021
    Baiju Joseph  User Photo
    Baiju Joseph • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the program as a novice in JavaScript. The induction to the program was tough. I had to go through an initial test which I was able to clear only at the 3rd attempt. Once in, there was an elaborate pre-course assignment which would certify my credentials for the course. I was successful at that and from there on, the journey was unbelievable. I was able to absorb a lot of JS based technologies which would later on help me land myself a job as a software developer. the curriculum was meticulously designed, had a lot of modern and recently introduced concepts which would keep me abreast with the latest technologies, the TAs were awesome, and their support was outstanding. I was able to do 3 projects while at the course, which helped me gain a practical understanding of the technologies I would later on use, while also giving me confidence to go out and explore possibilities with different tech stacks myself. The after course career mentoring was also great and helped me a lot to understand how recruiters would ideally view people with my levels of skills. I would rate the overall experience very highly and would be happy to recommend it to others thinking about switching careers or starting a new career in tech.
  • Krisztina-Noemi Gali  User Photo
    Krisztina-Noemi Gali • Microsoft Fullstack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If one is hesitating whether to do or not do the bootcamp, I would say that there is not need to hesitate. The bootcamp lies the foundation necessary to build upon. It is quite demanding, but completely doable and it's a great start for any "developer to be".
  • Filippo  User Photo
    Filippo • Senior software developed Verified via GitHub
    Very demanding experience, but overall coverage of subjects was very good and the people in the course are equally interesting
  • Ary Lima de Moraes Neto  User Photo
    Ary Lima de Moraes Neto • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Just finished Codeworks a month ago and landed a Developer job after two weeks. What I have to say is: it just depend you yourself and how much you want to learn and grow.

I can say I have learned A LOT from Codeworks. Not only how to write code but mostly how code works, data structures, algorithms, system architecture, writing clean and good code. The instructors were great and were always pushing us to learn more and more.

The Junior part is really hard, exercises are not easy, but you will learn a lot (as long as you put in the effort), and the Senior part will make your portfolio to show when you apply for jobs, and will also give you a chance to apply what you have learn and also experience working on a group.

All I can say is that it depends on yourself. If you are really focused on becoming a good developer, Codeworks will be an amazing experience, but if you're not really interested in learning and don't put in the effort, it's not worth it. For me it was really worth it.
  • Jonander Elosua  User Photo
    Jonander Elosua • Full stack developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    TL;DR: Really Difficult but Worth every penny, the staff is amazing and the curriculum is great and up to date. I switched careers and landed an amazing job in less than a month during a pandemic.

I was looking for the most demanding Bootcamp I could attend in Barcelona where there are way too many options,
    I had 0 coding experience when I decided I would into Codeworks,  and ill summarized my experience into the stages one goes through.

Admission: the admission is really tough as it includes a technical interview and a 1-week(or 2 if you need an extra week) technical task which is a Single page app.  you will need to study on your own and put effort into getting in, they say their admittance rate is less than 5% but that also means that once you are in, you are surrounded by very capable and motivated students.

Pre-Course: after you are in, you are granted access to theoretical material and 3 practical exercises that were at least to me very tough and challenging, its a requirement to have this ready before you are able to start the course, if you don't then they will reschedule your course for a later date.

the course is divided into two main 6 weeks sprints with 1 or 2 weeks of much-needed rest in between

Junior Part: these 6 first weeks when you will cover a large range of subjects in a fast-paced manner, a regular day usually starts at 9 am sharp, where you will have a non evaluated yet timed code challenge great to get your brain warm-up for the day, then its followed by a lecture on the subject of 1-3 hours tops depending on the subject, and then you will spend the rest of your day solving a difficult exercise with a fellow student doing pair programming (is a different partner per subject) and then at the end of the day an instructor will explain the exercise and answer all the questions you might have, that doesn't mean you are left alone during the time between the lecture and the exercise review, as you are able to make help request at any time where an instructor will guide you through the problem you currently have without handling down the solution. during these 6 weeks, they cover the range of subjects most boot camps cover in 3 months,(this Bootcamp is from Monday to Saturday, 9 am to 9 pm. so it shows here)

Senior Part: after you return for your much-needed break the senior part focus on using what you learn in the junior part and using it for your own projects, you will have to make 3 projects during this part. one by yourself, another with 1 or 2 more students working on a legacy project(meaning you need to improve and work on code you didn't initially write), and then you have the thesis project which is where you will apply every bit of knowledge you got so far. working in a group of 3-5 students, probably using an agile methodology.

Job Preparation Week: after all of that is done, the last week's focused on helping you prepare yourself for finding a job, here you will make mock interviews and received super helpful techniques and tips to get noticed and get that dreamed job you been doing all this for. to be clear the will provided a ton of help but as with everything else in this place, you will need to put in the effort. also, you have hiring day, which is a day where Codeworks sets interviews between you and different companies, These are small interviews of 10 mins, but it's great to practice for other companies or to get the ball rolling if you two are a match

after you finished the course you get to join the code works alumni where all graduates can share problems, jokes, and more importantly, job offers for other Codeworks graduates.

its been one of the most difficult, demanding, and rewarding experiences of my life and I managed to land a dream job in around 26 days after going through codeworks. in my opinion, it's well worth the price and time

• Amina  User Photo
    Amina • Fullstack engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended Codeworks bootcamp under exceptional circumstances, during the coronavirus pandemic.
    Due to the situation, I attended remotely. Although a bit worried about the remote setting, to begin with, it proved to work well both for the Zoom lessons and the pair programming: neither was badly affected and as a cohort, we tried our best to support each other and socialise virtually throughout the course. I also believed this prepared me to work remotely as a professional programmer.
    The course combined code-alongs, pair programming, solo practice, and docs reading - the variety helped to keep it interesting and I learned more about my personal preferences when it comes to acquiring new tech skills. In my opinion, the curriculum seemed up-to-date overall (the technologies learned were reflected in the ads in my job search afterward).
    As in any programme, it's important to put the effort in to see the results: integrating the lessons with your own reading, focusing on the technologies you're most interested in, and choosing personal projects wisely.
    Despite the market crisis during the pandemic, I found a job 2 weeks after the end of the course.
  • Bernat Muntaner  User Photo
    Bernat Muntaner • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before starting the Bootcamp I didn't know if I would endure the intensity. But I just spend every day learning something new without ever thinking about the time. I would recommend it even if you don't want to work in the technical department.

The job support is also great, even to this day.

Codeworks Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Codeworks, 98% graduated. 67% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 40 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

We do not report median salary as our graduates find jobs in many different cities around the world, with different economies and costs of living. For this period out graduates secured salaries 24% above the average for Software Engineers in their location.

More information at codeworks.me/outcomes