beachcoders®-academy-logo

BeachCoders® Academy

Los Angeles

BeachCoders® Academy

BeachCoders® Academy offers 4-week, part-time, front end web development and UX design courses near LAX in Manhattan Beach, California. BeachCoders® covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript and offers small class sizes to maximize learning and prepare students for a career in front end development or further study to become a full stack web developer. Each course day is split into lectures, code-alongs, group exercises, and portfolio building.

The front-end web development course is open to complete beginners – anyone can participate as long as they have the aptitude and attitude for success. Students are expected to have basic computer operational experience.

Upon graduation, BeachCoders® Academy offers Career Resources for professional development and works in partnership with TekSystems® Recruiting and direct hire partner companies. Many direct-hire partner opportunities include paid apprenticeships for fresh grads to continue learning under the guidance of a mentor and eventual hire to full time.

Recent BeachCoders® Academy Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (32) reviews for BeachCoders® Academy →

Recent BeachCoders® Academy News

• Advanced Web Development (Codewave.JS)

LocationLos Angeles
      Beach Coders’ Advanced Web Development coding immersive program: CodeWave.JS. This course is designed to get experienced web developers to the next level and able to fully develop modern web applications and API's. Students will learn a diverse array of javascript frameworks and collaborate with their classmates to build their own portfolio of work that they can take with them upon completion. Time commitment is part-time, see course announcements for details.
      Depositpaid in full or deposit
      in-house financing with in-house underwriting.
      Tuition Plansyes
      Minimum Skill LevelMust have intermediate skills in Javascript and basic front-end development
      Prep WorkCodewave or equivalent
    • Front End 1 on 1

LocationLos Angeles
      One of our highest acclaimed programs, students get all the content from our Front End Web Dev Class track with a private 1on1 instructor who will guide you through the material while steering the course towards your specific interests and projects.
      In House Financing
      Scholarshipveterans
      Prep WorkGeneral knowledge/interest in the subject area
    • Front End Web Development (Codewave)

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
      In PersonPart Time15 Hours/week
      LocationLos Angeles
      Beach Coders offers our premier 'Code-Wave' Front End Web Development 4-week coding program. The course is designed to get anyone, regardless of experience, versed in coding and able to functionally create with code. Students will learn a diverse array of language syntax and techniques as well as collaborate with their classmates to build their own portfolio of work that they can take with them upon completion. Time commitment for the course is 4 weeks, 5 days a week, 3 hours daily with some homework as well.
      Depositpaid in full or deposit with payments
      in-house financing with in-house underwriting
      Tuition Plansyes
    • UX Design 1 on 1

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
      In PersonPart Time6 Hours/week
      LocationLos Angeles
      Today’s developers need a holistic understanding of the complete life cycle in software development. This immersive 1 on 1 covers User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI) design to give students the skills needed to design any interface from websites to apps and software systems. An absolute must for those seeking design and system flow opportunities in the digital industry. We feature exclusive one-on-one coaching for this track.
      12 month financing with 6 months no interest. In house financing.
      Scholarshipveterans

Their web site is full of hypes.  But their curriculum did not teach me anything more than I had already known through various free online tutorials such as Lynda.com. Very disappointing.  Since this school is unaccredited, there is no credibility in the job market either. Their claim for a six-figure job just by taking tihis class is totally unrealistic.

I recently attended the Front End Web Development course from Beach Coders. I really didn’t know much about coding going in, but I knew I needed to learn. This course definitely helped me learn a LOT! We covered HTML, CSS, Javascript and went further into Bootstrap, jQuery, API’s and even React. I learned about best practices in today’s coding environments. The instructor was very friendly and patient. We did some team coding and I’m now building my first app. Beach Coders gave me the tools and the confidence to start job prospecting. Beach Coders also works with Launch Code who will help me get a tech job. I highly recommend this course!

I have been trying to learn web design and HTML, CSS & JavaScript for a year but never had someone to piece together the picture for me. I thought I could do it on my own but it just got me more confused. It's so different having a human to teach you rather than just learning from Codecademy and those self-learning sites.

The instructor was very knowledgeable and was able to point me in the right direction even after the course was finished.The curriculum was clearly outlined and it was a lot of work but so worth it in the end - I learned a ton! If you spend 1-2 hours outside of class to study then you should be fine - don't procrastinate!

All-in-all it was a great course that opened my eyes to what programming really is and where it could take me.

• Anonymous • producer • Graduate

I just finished the August 2016 "bootcamp."

If you have no experience with HTML, CSS, or Javascript, you may find this course to be useful (though I would still argue you'd find a better value going through the freecodecamp.com program). If you have any background at all, you'll find there's not much for you here.

The course provides a very surface-level overview of some of the technologies you need to learn to to get a job as a front end developer, but it is NOT the same caliber nor does it go to the same depth as some other coding bootcamps (such as Codesmith). Most importantly -- there is NO emphasis placed on learning how to solve problems, which is perhaps the most important skill a developer can have.

The program accepts everyone and has no prerequisites, which sounds nice and inclusive, but in retrospect should have been a red flag -- the class ends up teaching to the person in the room who knows the least. If that's you, you're in luck. If it's not, you are twiddling your thumbs.

I wouldn't characterize the program as a complete waste, but there are DEFINITELY better options out there in terms of value for what you'll learn. I would recommend exploring some of the free or affordable meetups available through Codesmith / Build With Code and Learn to Code LA. For the price, you definitely get more value for the money going through the programs offered online by Treehouse and others.

Response From: James of BeachCoders® Academy
      Title: Campus Director
      Friday, Sep 16 2016
      Thank you for choosing our bootcamp and the feedback. We have multiple job assistance programs of which you have not yet signed up for. I suggest you go ahead and enroll in those. Please reach out and let us continue to add value for you.

I went into this with zero web or tech skills which had prevented me in the past from moving forward with my curiosity about UX Design.

With encouragement and an individualized program, I not only gained a good understanding of UX, but a solid start on my portfolio and some confidence to move forward after I graduated.

Beach Coders cares about the future of its students.  How you apply what you learned there to your job, career, or any area of your life is taken into serious consideration and is something I especially appreciated.  For anyone out there looking for a program that cares about each person as an individual, I encourage him/her to enroll (and perhaps fullfill some curiosity and conquer some fears, like I did).

• Honest Opinion
      - 7/29/2016
      Anonymous • Developer • Applicant

The course lived up to my expectations and beyond even though I consider myself an experienced web specialist.    It's impossible to have a complete knowledge of all the nuances of web development so I took the course as a personal refresher and to get a guage of some of the newer technologies and review some best practices.   This class is beneficial to even those who have more advanced technical knowledge of web development and I highly recommend it.

Coming into this program felt very intimidating and overwhelming at first. However, from day one, the lessons were great and very easy to understand, thanks to the friendliness and assistance of our instructor. Despite the course being four weeks, I learned so much and I feel comfortable with using the skills I developed and being able to apply these skills in the future. Thanks, Beach Coders!

Great course, great staff! Very involved personnel that take an individual approach to assisting any student's needs. Beach Coders goes above and beyond to accommodate needs and all skill levels in the related area of study.