beachcoders®-academy-logo

BeachCoders® Academy

Los Angeles

BeachCoders® Academy

BeachCoders® Academy offers 4-week, part-time, front end web development and UX design courses near LAX in Manhattan Beach, California. BeachCoders® covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript and offers small class sizes to maximize learning and prepare students for a career in front end development or further study to become a full stack web developer. Each course day is split into lectures, code-alongs, group exercises, and portfolio building.

The front-end web development course is open to complete beginners – anyone can participate as long as they have the aptitude and attitude for success. Students are expected to have basic computer operational experience.

Upon graduation, BeachCoders® Academy offers Career Resources for professional development and works in partnership with TekSystems® Recruiting and direct hire partner companies. Many direct-hire partner opportunities include paid apprenticeships for fresh grads to continue learning under the guidance of a mentor and eventual hire to full time.

Recent BeachCoders® Academy Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (32) reviews for BeachCoders® Academy →

Recent BeachCoders® Academy News

• Advanced Web Development (Codewave.JS)

LocationLos Angeles
      Beach Coders’ Advanced Web Development coding immersive program: CodeWave.JS. This course is designed to get experienced web developers to the next level and able to fully develop modern web applications and API's. Students will learn a diverse array of javascript frameworks and collaborate with their classmates to build their own portfolio of work that they can take with them upon completion. Time commitment is part-time, see course announcements for details.
      Depositpaid in full or deposit
      in-house financing with in-house underwriting.
      Tuition Plansyes
      Minimum Skill LevelMust have intermediate skills in Javascript and basic front-end development
      Prep WorkCodewave or equivalent
    • Front End 1 on 1

LocationLos Angeles
      One of our highest acclaimed programs, students get all the content from our Front End Web Dev Class track with a private 1on1 instructor who will guide you through the material while steering the course towards your specific interests and projects.
      In House Financing
      Scholarshipveterans
      Prep WorkGeneral knowledge/interest in the subject area
    • Front End Web Development (Codewave)

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, AngularJS, Front End, Git, Node.js, React.js
      In PersonPart Time15 Hours/week
      LocationLos Angeles
      Beach Coders offers our premier 'Code-Wave' Front End Web Development 4-week coding program. The course is designed to get anyone, regardless of experience, versed in coding and able to functionally create with code. Students will learn a diverse array of language syntax and techniques as well as collaborate with their classmates to build their own portfolio of work that they can take with them upon completion. Time commitment for the course is 4 weeks, 5 days a week, 3 hours daily with some homework as well.
      Depositpaid in full or deposit with payments
      in-house financing with in-house underwriting
      Tuition Plansyes
    • UX Design 1 on 1

User Experience Design, Design, Product Management
      In PersonPart Time6 Hours/week
      LocationLos Angeles
      Today’s developers need a holistic understanding of the complete life cycle in software development. This immersive 1 on 1 covers User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI) design to give students the skills needed to design any interface from websites to apps and software systems. An absolute must for those seeking design and system flow opportunities in the digital industry. We feature exclusive one-on-one coaching for this track.
      12 month financing with 6 months no interest. In house financing.
      Scholarshipveterans
    • Shocked!
      - 10/31/2016
      Lucy • Graduate

I came into this course only knowing the very basics of HTML & CSS.  I was really nervous on day 1 but found myself to be excited as days went on.  My instructor, Christoph, was super knowledgeable, helpful and taught our class in the best possible way.  I really appreciate him squeezing in as much information as possible.  You must spend a lot of time practicing on your own outside of class otherwise you may fall behind.  I enjoyed this class very much and highly recommend it.  I feel that I have learned a lot and I am excited to continue coding and growing to be as good as Christoph one day!  :)

• Danyon • Graduate

I took a one on one Front End Web Development course from Beach Coders. I started the course having a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, but my knowledge was out-dated and unrefined. This course built on that existing knowledge, helped refine my understanding and start good practices in coding. I am so happy we dove into Bootstrap and other frameworks. I learned about APIs, Github, Javascript, jQeury and more. I learned about what trends are happening in the coding world. I really feel like my eyes have been opened to another world and I'm excited! The instructor was very helpful. He was able to pinpoint issues that I struggled with and help me through. We did code alongs, and I started to create my own projects outside of class. It feels magical to have this knowledge. This is a great launching point to begin your journey for front end web development. Beach Coders gave me the tools, and now it's up to me to use them to refine my skill. As far as job assistance, I am just beginning on that process. I will say that even on my last day they were providing me with contact information for companies who were looking and had reached out to them directly. They also are connected with some non-profits who help specifically with job placement. I'm just starting this process and I refien and build up my portfolio. I'm  over all VERY happy with the course and it was the right step for me.

• Jenna Rodriguez • Graduate

I really loved the time I spent here! Cristoph is so sweet and very imformative and helpful! 10/10 would do again.

• I had fun
      - 7/29/2016
      Kenny H • Student

Most computer science majors spend the summer relaxing or researching but beach coders is a great oppurtunity to learn a lot of practical things on the front end that aren't in the curriculum like Javascript, html, and css. It's not nearly as difficult at C++, python, ect. so non CS students would be absolutly fine learning too. The teacher is very patient and personable. The classroom is comfortable and location is also easy to get to by public transit. I fully recommend it. They have supplied me with the tools and now I can go forth and learn and continue to become front end devolper.

• Maria Laura Yanguas • Graduate

I took the course and found it to be a great experience. The instructor was passionate and made it fun! Even though it was a lot of content in just 4 weeks, by the end of the course I had absolutely no doubts at all.  Super professional content, I felt everything we covered was on the cutting edge of front end development. I absolutely recommend it!

• Bryan Gonzalez • Graduate

I took beach coder's front end web development course in June 2016 and it was absolutely amazing. I learned so much in the 4 weeks of being there that I now feel 100% confident as a web developer. As a matter of fact, I can safely say that this course reignited my passion for coding. The instructor was so passionate and knowledgeable about web development, that he actually made it a fun experience. Plus what I liked the most is that the instructor was there for us everyday to help us out personally and to answer any of our questions. Thanks Beach Coders! I highly recommend this course!

• Parth Shah • Graduate

I took the course in June 2016. The course is structured well and the instructor was very helpfull. I had a strong computer science background and still found all the information very useful. The classes are interactive and fun. The small tips and tricks that are needed to push front end web devlopment to the next level are very usefull. Had a lovely experience and would definately recommend this to all the people out there who have inclnation to web development!

• Desarie Green • Graduate

This course was great since I was a beginner. I had signed up for online courses, but I wanted to get a solid foundation. It was nice to come in and have an instructor face-to-face instructor to learn the basics. It was a small class environment, and it was nice to be able to ask questions as the class was in progress. The class met everyday, except weekends, for four weeks. It was less daunting than I initially thought, and after taking this course I feel confident with moving forward with my coding skills. The instructor was great and knowledgeable. It was great to have him work through what we'd be learning, and then given an exercise to practice the new skills. The instructor would also provide third party resources that were invaluable, whether it was being able to practice our coding skills or areas to help us when we stumble. Great course.

• SSS • Graduate
      Term: Winter 2015-2016 The instructor was friendly and asked me if I needed help. There's always water in the fridge and a new challenge to work on. If you actually participate, ask questions, and learn the syntax, you will learn to code and build beautiful websites. The instructor made the appropriate tools available and showed us the existence of many more. He was always available to answer a question, and he was honest with us. He investigated bugs in front of us and showed us how to fix annoying issues that pop up commonly when working with front end. I'm still working on a project I began work on there. With some time and care, this might be my first app. :) - S
    • Anonymous • Future Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

We learned a large amount of information in a short amount of time. But this course really is the reason I might actually START in the software engineering/development industry, and I don't know what to say more than that. This was probably one of the top best decisions of my life outside of choosing college, choosing Software Development as the industry for me and moving to Los Angeles, CA. We learned how to do things from scratch and how to work through problems when they arouse, as well as how to create ACTUAL applications. I think we build like 5-10 applications in class. Pretty impressive. Some small apps we made we're: a currency convertor, weather application, movie website, game of Thrones character search website, a Donald Trump vs Lord Voldemort fighting game(Javascript/JSX), a calculator(React), as well as a ton of other really cool applications. If I had to redo anything, I would literally sign up again for this class without regret. One of the best investments I've made!