The front-end web development course is open to complete beginners – anyone can participate as long as they have the aptitude and attitude for success. Students are expected to have basic computer operational experience.
Upon graduation, BeachCoders® Academy offers Career Resources for professional development and works in partnership with TekSystems® Recruiting and direct hire partner companies. Many direct-hire partner opportunities include paid apprenticeships for fresh grads to continue learning under the guidance of a mentor and eventual hire to full time.
Recent BeachCoders® Academy Reviews: Rating 4.7
Recent BeachCoders® Academy News
In PersonPart Time15 Hours/week
Deposit paid in full or deposit Financingin-house financing with in-house underwriting. Tuition Plans yes
In PersonPart Time8 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,477 Class size 1 Location Los AngelesOne of our highest acclaimed programs, students get all the content from our Front End Web Dev Class track with a private 1on1 instructor who will guide you through the material while steering the course towards your specific interests and projects.
Deposit N/A FinancingIn House Financing Scholarship veterans
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work General knowledge/interest in the subject area Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time15 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,277 Class size 8 Location Los AngelesBeach Coders offers our premier 'Code-Wave' Front End Web Development 4-week coding program. The course is designed to get anyone, regardless of experience, versed in coding and able to functionally create with code. Students will learn a diverse array of language syntax and techniques as well as collaborate with their classmates to build their own portfolio of work that they can take with them upon completion. Time commitment for the course is 4 weeks, 5 days a week, 3 hours daily with some homework as well.
Deposit paid in full or deposit with payments Financingin-house financing with in-house underwriting Tuition Plans yes
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,477 Class size 1 Location Los AngelesToday’s developers need a holistic understanding of the complete life cycle in software development. This immersive 1 on 1 covers User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI) design to give students the skills needed to design any interface from websites to apps and software systems. An absolute must for those seeking design and system flow opportunities in the digital industry. We feature exclusive one-on-one coaching for this track.
Deposit N/A Financing12 month financing with 6 months no interest. In house financing. Scholarship veterans
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes
BeachCoders® Academy Reviews
31 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great Class- 10/10/2019Katrina • Graduate • Course: Front End 1 on 1 • Campus: Los Angeles • Verified via LinkedIn
The Instructor, Jason, was so helpful and patient with all of my questions. He made sure I understood everything clearly and made the course fun and interesting. He provided helpful tools for me to use to practice my skills. I would definitely recommend.
- It's cool to see what I can do now.- 12/18/2018Raul Magana • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles • Verified via GitHub
- CodeWave Front-End Web- 2/3/2019Rayven Spellman • Student
- Codewave 1on1- 2/2/2019Deidre Sparks • Student • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
I recently completed the BeachCoders Codewave Immersive 1on1 and I must say that I'm blown away by what I was able to learn in such a short time. I originally signed up for this because I have a busy schedule and wanted to learn to code. I was thrilled to find this program because it’s both a part-time program and affordable. My knowledge and confidence have improved as a result. The instructor was super friendly, patient and worked with me until I got it which really made me happy. The director also devoted time to help me improve my LinkedIn page which made it look more professional. Overall, I would highly recommend this!
- Front End Web Development- 8/23/2018ES • Business Systems Analyst • Graduate • Course: Front End 1 on 1 • Campus: Los Angeles
This review is bases on the 1 on 1 training that is offered by Beach Coders. It is not one month long, it is 10 sessions.
These are the things the website claims will be covered in the Front End Web Development coures:
Firstly, I want to say that my instructor was amazing, he was very clear when it came to explaining everything. We moved at my pace which was great. I already had taken C++ and Python courses so it moved everything along faster.
I am a little disappointed at all of the claims the site makes as we did not even touch node, react or lifecycle methods. There was just not enough time. This course was great for me as I cannot learn in front of a computer so being there in person and pair programming really helped.
This course will NOT make you job ready, not even at junior level. You would need to practice on your own for quite some time before you are able to start appllying and get your portfolio ready.
This is just my honest review :(
- front end dev- 2/1/2018Kevin Kane
I took the 1 month front end web development course and was happy...I came into the the course with limited knowledge of development and left much more confident. The program is pretty fast paced, but if you study on your own you'll get alot out of it. I liked the small class environment and the fact that we were actively writing programs or building sites every class, rather than listening to lectures.
- Good investment- 11/1/2017Terrea • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
A wonderful, practical school, for both raw beginners and students who already possess some coding experience and want to broaden and update their skills. Instructors are knowledgeable, personable and fun, and infinitely patient. No matter how often I said, “I don’t know,” the instructor stuck with me, sometimes demonstrating and more often feeding me questions and hints to help me come to a solution. I came in seeing code as something that would liquify my brain, and I came out after just 4 weeks with the basics, resources and confidence to move forward in coding. 5 stars and high recommendations. (Can't comment on job assistance yet - too soon. But I know it's available.)
- Worth it.- 7/7/2017Gary • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
- I can speak UX and I developed my app- 11/29/2016Stacy • Graphic Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Design 1 on 1 • Campus: Los Angeles
I have been a print designer for 20+ years and I have been wanting to take a course in UX for the past two years. I finally did some research and found Beach Coders Academy. I talked to several students including a student who said they left a bad review and from my understanding it was more of a disgruntled student who could not be placed type of situation, but everyone has their own story. I do feel that after speaking with a few other students, the one on one coaching that Beach Coders Academy had, made it that much more appealing. I compared it to General Assembly, which also is a great course but too expensive and the classes don't give you as much one on one. I keep saying this because for me that was a big factor.
My dream for this class was to be able to take my idea for an app I have been sitting on and develop it finally as a project for myself, and finally learn how to develop a UX project from concept to wireframes. The UI was the easy part for me but UX is a totally different discipline and in order to compete in the market I needed to learn UX, speak the language and also create my app.
I highly encourage going into a UX class with a project you want to develop, it makes it more impactful and fun to see it come to life.
The instructors at BCA were able to guide me and inspire me to develop my final project. I am currently collaborating on a new UX project and I am excited to see where my new set of skills will take me. As far as my app, I am testing and refining the UI and building a pitch deck to get it off the ground, that's another thing, James, the founder, walked me through all the steps needed to take my idea to market, I had a ton of questions :). So, grateful.
- You will learn!- 11/2/2016Marc • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
I moved from Spain to Los Angeles to attend this course and i would do the same again if I could!
Our professor, Christoph made things super easy to follow and understand, giving us tons of usefull examples and coding along exercises. All classes were recorded so we were able to check everything we learnt on home later.
We were able to creat different apps that I wouldn't expect me to develop and what it's more important, get to love coding, so right now I feel confident enough tos tart developing my own projects
- Insightful!- 11/2/2016Jesse C. • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
I started this course with very little knowledge of HTML, looking to reinvent myself in a completely different jobmarket. The instruction is fast paced but, Cristoph, amazingly explains everything in a way that makes it easy to understand. The important part of this course is to put in as much time as you can practicing and researching. You'll get exactly what you put into this course with the extra time and effort. "There is no progress without struggle."
Thank you Cristoph and Beach Coders!
- Shocked!- 10/31/2016Lucy • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
I came into this course only knowing the very basics of HTML & CSS. I was really nervous on day 1 but found myself to be excited as days went on. My instructor, Christoph, was super knowledgeable, helpful and taught our class in the best possible way. I really appreciate him squeezing in as much information as possible. You must spend a lot of time practicing on your own outside of class otherwise you may fall behind. I enjoyed this class very much and highly recommend it. I feel that I have learned a lot and I am excited to continue coding and growing to be as good as Christoph one day! :)
- Front End Web Development- 9/21/2016Danyon • Graduate • Campus: Los Angeles
- Front End Web Development- 8/27/2016Jenna Rodriguez • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
- I had fun- 7/29/2016Kenny H • Student • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
- Beach Coders Front End Web Development- 7/29/2016Maria Laura Yanguas • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
I took the course and found it to be a great experience. The instructor was passionate and made it fun! Even though it was a lot of content in just 4 weeks, by the end of the course I had absolutely no doubts at all. Super professional content, I felt everything we covered was on the cutting edge of front end development. I absolutely recommend it!
- Scott Todd • Campus: Los Angeles
- Front end web development- 7/1/2016Bryan Gonzalez • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
I took beach coder's front end web development course in June 2016 and it was absolutely amazing. I learned so much in the 4 weeks of being there that I now feel 100% confident as a web developer. As a matter of fact, I can safely say that this course reignited my passion for coding. The instructor was so passionate and knowledgeable about web development, that he actually made it a fun experience. Plus what I liked the most is that the instructor was there for us everyday to help us out personally and to answer any of our questions. Thanks Beach Coders! I highly recommend this course!
- Great place to learn web development- 7/1/2016Michael Monterrosa • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
- Front End Web Development- 7/1/2016Parth Shah • Graduate • Campus: Los Angeles
I took the course in June 2016. The course is structured well and the instructor was very helpfull. I had a strong computer science background and still found all the information very useful. The classes are interactive and fun. The small tips and tricks that are needed to push front end web devlopment to the next level are very usefull. Had a lovely experience and would definately recommend this to all the people out there who have inclnation to web development!
- Great Front End Developer Course- 5/6/2016Desarie Green • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
This course was great since I was a beginner. I had signed up for online courses, but I wanted to get a solid foundation. It was nice to come in and have an instructor face-to-face instructor to learn the basics. It was a small class environment, and it was nice to be able to ask questions as the class was in progress. The class met everyday, except weekends, for four weeks. It was less daunting than I initially thought, and after taking this course I feel confident with moving forward with my coding skills. The instructor was great and knowledgeable. It was great to have him work through what we'd be learning, and then given an exercise to practice the new skills. The instructor would also provide third party resources that were invaluable, whether it was being able to practice our coding skills or areas to help us when we stumble. Great course.
- My time at BeachCoders- 2/5/2016SSS • Graduate • Campus: Los AngelesTerm: Winter 2015-2016 The instructor was friendly and asked me if I needed help. There's always water in the fridge and a new challenge to work on. If you actually participate, ask questions, and learn the syntax, you will learn to code and build beautiful websites. The instructor made the appropriate tools available and showed us the existence of many more. He was always available to answer a question, and he was honest with us. He investigated bugs in front of us and showed us how to fix annoying issues that pop up commonly when working with front end. I'm still working on a project I began work on there. With some time and care, this might be my first app. :) - S
- Call me: Future Front-End Developer- 12/2/2016Anonymous • Future Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles
- Over-promise & under-delivery- 11/21/2016Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: Los Angeles
Their web site is full of hypes. But their curriculum did not teach me anything more than I had already known through various free online tutorials such as Lynda.com. Very disappointing. Since this school is unaccredited, there is no credibility in the job market either. Their claim for a six-figure job just by taking tihis class is totally unrealistic.
- I Learned A LOT and feel more confident- 10/30/2016Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development (Codewave) • Campus: Los Angeles