beachcoders®-academy-logo

BeachCoders® Academy

Los Angeles

BeachCoders® Academy

BeachCoders® Academy offers 4-week, part-time, front end web development and UX design courses near LAX in Manhattan Beach, California. BeachCoders® covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript and offers small class sizes to maximize learning and prepare students for a career in front end development or further study to become a full stack web developer. Each course day is split into lectures, code-alongs, group exercises, and portfolio building.

The front-end web development course is open to complete beginners – anyone can participate as long as they have the aptitude and attitude for success. Students are expected to have basic computer operational experience.

Upon graduation, BeachCoders® Academy offers Career Resources for professional development and works in partnership with TekSystems® Recruiting and direct hire partner companies. Many direct-hire partner opportunities include paid apprenticeships for fresh grads to continue learning under the guidance of a mentor and eventual hire to full time.

Recent BeachCoders® Academy Reviews: Rating 4.7

all (31) reviews for BeachCoders® Academy →

Recent BeachCoders® Academy News

• Advanced Web Development (Codewave.JS)

LocationLos Angeles
      Beach Coders’ Advanced Web Development coding immersive program: CodeWave.JS. This course is designed to get experienced web developers to the next level and able to fully develop modern web applications and API's. Students will learn a diverse array of javascript frameworks and collaborate with their classmates to build their own portfolio of work that they can take with them upon completion. Time commitment is part-time, see course announcements for details.
      Depositpaid in full or deposit
      in-house financing with in-house underwriting.
      Tuition Plansyes
      Minimum Skill LevelMust have intermediate skills in Javascript and basic front-end development
      Prep WorkCodewave or equivalent
    • Front End 1 on 1

LocationLos Angeles
      One of our highest acclaimed programs, students get all the content from our Front End Web Dev Class track with a private 1on1 instructor who will guide you through the material while steering the course towards your specific interests and projects.
      In House Financing
      Scholarshipveterans
      Prep WorkGeneral knowledge/interest in the subject area
    • Front End Web Development (Codewave)

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
      In PersonPart Time15 Hours/week
      LocationLos Angeles
      Beach Coders offers our premier 'Code-Wave' Front End Web Development 4-week coding program. The course is designed to get anyone, regardless of experience, versed in coding and able to functionally create with code. Students will learn a diverse array of language syntax and techniques as well as collaborate with their classmates to build their own portfolio of work that they can take with them upon completion. Time commitment for the course is 4 weeks, 5 days a week, 3 hours daily with some homework as well.
      Depositpaid in full or deposit with payments
      in-house financing with in-house underwriting
      Tuition Plansyes
    • UX Design 1 on 1

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
      In PersonPart Time6 Hours/week
      LocationLos Angeles
      Today’s developers need a holistic understanding of the complete life cycle in software development. This immersive 1 on 1 covers User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI) design to give students the skills needed to design any interface from websites to apps and software systems. An absolute must for those seeking design and system flow opportunities in the digital industry. We feature exclusive one-on-one coaching for this track.
      12 month financing with 6 months no interest. In house financing.
      Scholarshipveterans
    • Great Class
      - 10/10/2019
      Katrina  User Photo
      Katrina • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The Instructor, Jason, was so helpful and patient with all of my questions. He made sure I understood everything clearly and made the course fun and interesting. He provided helpful tools for me to use to practice my skills. I would definitely recommend.

• Raul Magana  User Photo
      Raul Magana • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Went into this class blind and new to coding. After the classes, I now have a good understanding of how to code and it's very cool seeing what i can put together now!

• Rayven Spellman • Student

BeachCoders® is a great school for newbies or students who already have coding experience and want to expand their knowledge. The Instructor was patient and friendly and completely clarified the more complex parts. I thought coding was beyond me and after just one month I had confidence in html, css and javascript and am so excited to continue my journey in coding. Highly recommend!

• Codewave 1on1
      - 2/2/2019
      Deidre Sparks • Student

I recently completed the BeachCoders Codewave Immersive 1on1 and I must say that I'm blown away by what I was able to learn in such a short time. I originally signed up for this because  I have a busy schedule and wanted to learn to code.  I was thrilled to find this program because it’s both a part-time program and affordable. My knowledge and confidence have improved as a result. The instructor was super friendly, patient and worked with me until I got it which really made me happy. The director also devoted time to help me improve my LinkedIn page which made it look more professional. Overall, I would highly recommend this!

• ES • Business Systems Analyst • Graduate

This review is bases on the 1 on 1 training that is offered by Beach Coders. It is not one month long, it is 10 sessions.

These are the things the website claims will be covered in the Front End Web Development coures:

Fundamentals of Computing, Intro to Web Development, HTML Tags, Page Layout, Forms, CSS Selectors, The Box Model, Positioning, Bootstrap, Responsive Web Design,Terminal Basics, SASS, Github,JavaScript Fundamentals & Computational Thinking, Manipulating the DOM, Control Flow, Conditional Statements & Loops, Objects, Functions, Arrays, Data Structures, Version Control & Static Hosting, Event Listeners,Programming Paradigms & Web Development, AJAX, Advanced jQuery, API’s, Classes & Object Oriented JavaScript, Databases,Node Basics, React Setup, JSX, Props and States, Components, Lifecycle Methods, Portfolio Completion.

Firstly, I want to say that my instructor was amazing, he was very clear when it came to explaining everything. We moved at my pace which was great. I already had taken C++ and Python courses so it moved everything along faster.

I am a little disappointed at all of the claims the site makes as we did not even touch node, react  or lifecycle methods. There was just not enough time. This course was great for me as I cannot learn in front of a computer so being there in person and pair programming really helped.

This course will NOT make you job ready, not even at junior level. You would need to practice on your own for quite some time before you are able to start appllying and get your portfolio ready.

As far as javascript, I feel like I learned more from Udacity free course than I did here.

I will say thought that my HTML and CSS skills have improved so much. I would say that they should call this an HTML and CSS and BASIC Javascript course as that is where most of the focus is at.

This is just my honest review :(

• front end dev
      - 2/1/2018
      Kevin Kane

I took the 1 month front end web development course and was happy...I came into the the course with limited knowledge of development and left much more confident.  The program is pretty fast paced, but if you study on your own you'll get alot out of it.  I liked the small class environment and the fact that we were actively writing programs or building sites every class, rather than listening to lectures.

• Good investment
      - 11/1/2017
      Terrea • Graduate

A wonderful, practical school, for both raw beginners and students who already possess some coding experience and want to broaden and update their skills. Instructors are knowledgeable, personable and fun, and infinitely patient. No matter how often I said, “I don’t know,” the instructor stuck with me, sometimes demonstrating and more often feeding me questions and hints to help me come to a solution. I came in seeing code as something that would liquify my brain, and I came out after just 4 weeks with the basics, resources and confidence to move forward in coding. 5 stars and high recommendations. (Can't comment on job assistance yet - too soon. But I know it's available.)

• Worth it.
      - 7/7/2017
      Gary • Graduate

Went from absolute beginner to having a working knowledge of front end development.

• Stacy • Graphic Designer • Graduate

I have been a print designer for 20+ years and I have been wanting to take a course in UX for the past two years. I finally did some research and found Beach Coders Academy. I talked to several students including a student who said they left a bad review and from my understanding it was more of a disgruntled student who could not be placed type of situation, but everyone has their own story. I do feel that after speaking with a few other students, the one on one coaching that Beach Coders Academy had, made it that much more appealing. I compared it to General Assembly, which also is a great course but too expensive and the classes don't give you as much one on one. I keep saying this because for me that was a big factor.

My dream for this class was to be able to take my idea for an app I have been sitting on and develop it finally as a project for myself, and finally learn how to develop a UX project from concept to wireframes. The UI was the easy part for me but UX is a totally different discipline and in order to compete in the market I needed to learn UX, speak the language and also create my app.

I highly encourage going into a UX class with a project you want to develop, it makes it more impactful and fun to see it come to life.

The instructors at BCA were able to guide me and inspire me to develop my final project. I am currently collaborating on a new UX project and I am excited to see where my new set of skills will take me. As far as my app, I am testing and refining the UI and building a pitch deck to get it off the ground, that's another thing, James, the founder, walked me through all the steps needed to take my idea to market, I had a ton of questions :). So, grateful.

• You will learn!
      - 11/2/2016
      Marc • Graduate

I moved from Spain to Los Angeles to attend this course and i would do the same again if I could!
      Before starting the course i knew some HTML and CSS and just a bit of JavaScript so I wasn't sure how much I will end up learning in only one month...
      Our professor, Christoph made things super easy to follow and understand, giving us tons of usefull examples and coding along exercises. All classes were recorded so we were able to check everything we learnt on home later.

We were able to creat different apps that I wouldn't expect me to develop and what it's more important, get to love coding, so right now I feel confident enough tos tart developing my own projects

• Insightful!
      - 11/2/2016
      Jesse C. • Graduate

I started this course with very little knowledge of HTML, looking to reinvent myself in a completely different jobmarket.  The instruction is fast paced but, Cristoph, amazingly explains everything in a way that makes it easy to understand.  The important part of this course is to put in as much time as you can practicing and researching.  You'll get exactly what you put into this course with the extra time and effort. "There is no progress without struggle."

Thank you Cristoph and Beach Coders!

• Shocked!
      - 10/31/2016
      Lucy • Graduate

I came into this course only knowing the very basics of HTML & CSS.  I was really nervous on day 1 but found myself to be excited as days went on.  My instructor, Christoph, was super knowledgeable, helpful and taught our class in the best possible way.  I really appreciate him squeezing in as much information as possible.  You must spend a lot of time practicing on your own outside of class otherwise you may fall behind.  I enjoyed this class very much and highly recommend it.  I feel that I have learned a lot and I am excited to continue coding and growing to be as good as Christoph one day!  :)