Academic Work Academy
Over the program students get at least 500 hours of coding experience, and are well prepared for roles as junior software consultants. Academy guarantees all students a job after graduation, and follows a “try and hire” model, where employer partners can work with graduates as consultants before taking them on full time.
Recent Academic Work Academy Reviews: Rating 3.0
Recent Academic Work Academy News
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
Academic Work Academy Reviews
2 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Automatic engineer- 10/24/2019Alexis Ubilla Lundmark • Automatic engineer • Student • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via LinkedIn
- Projectmanager Industry and construction- 10/10/2019Anonymous • PROJECTMANAGER • Graduate • Campus: Stockholm
The education was absolutely delivering a high standard as promised. In my class 80% of the curriculum was especially focused from a construction point of view where we basicaly counted how many nail there were in a wall. We were all asking for more focus on leadesrhipskills and PM as the main focus of the program was project management. A very short time, all together 3 weeks maximum, was utilised for the main purpouse oi the ducation, PM and leadership, and the rest was spent on learning about the head teachers own company set up. Did not learn much and in the end we all have to fulfill our contracts with shitty pay and no payed vacation for a year, otherwise you end up owing them 150 000 SEK for learning how to count nails in a wall... Not recomended! Also, the majority of the class sorted their own positions after we graduated as academic work failed in rounding up enough interviews. However, some ppl have now had the minimum gaurantee wage for 6 months without even attending a single inteview after the program. So if you dont get hired, dont worry they will pay a pretty decent wage for not doing anything. However, all student are very ambitious so this was offcourse a great disappointment for those not getting hired straight away. However, if you are looking for a career, there are many other options out there! Some ppl ended u in nice positions as project managers, however lacking qualifications in scrum etc since the curriculum didnt focus on that very much at all.. All the group rooms where always taken by staff or classes doing tests, so no place for quite down time woith your studies.. Not great as you where barly allowed to leave the premises as they threatned to kick you out if you didnt stay in the builing from 8-17.
Response From: Frida Ericson of Academic Work AcademyTitle: Co-founderThursday, Oct 31 2019Thank you for your input and feedback and I´m sorry that you have this experience from Academy. We always strive towards great quality and work hard on executing Accelerated Learning Programs according to our pedagogical views in The Academy Way. That´s why we ask for feedback on a weekly basis and take actions accordingly, but we´re also humble in that we learn everyday in how to develop our school. Academy offers free education that leads up to a fulltime employment with Academic Work as a consultant in their network. We are really proud that over 1300 people have changed career via us and are out working at one of approximately 350 clients that partner with us to find new colleagues with sought after competence. I´d be happy to talk directly to you to see how we can keep improving our concept.
Frida Co-founder of Academy