uc-irvine-boot-camps-logo

UC Irvine Boot Camps

Irvine

UC Irvine Boot Camps

UC Irvine Boot Camps offer 12- and 24-week web development programs and 24-week, part-time data analytics, UX/UI, cybersecurity, and digital marketing programs in Irvine, California. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, C#, ASP.Net, Bootstrap, React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, and more.

The data analytics curriculum covers a broad array of technologies including Programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, visual prototyping and wireframing, storyboarding, visual design theory, web design with HTML and CSS, interaction design, and more.

The cybersecurity program provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The digital marketing program provides robust experience with in-demand tools and technologies for executing a marketing strategy such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Customer Relationship Management software (CRMs), MailChimp, HTML/CSS and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UC Irvine Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Successful students will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCI Continuing Education and those in our web development, data analytics, UX/UI, or digital marketing programs will complete the program with a portfolio of projects demonstrating their skills. Those in our cybersecurity program will learn skills applicable to industry certifications.

UC Irvine Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.31

all (28) reviews for UC Irvine Boot Camps →

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, SEO
    LocationIrvine
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Customer Relationship Management software (CRMs), MailChimp, HTML/CSS, and more.
    Payment plans available
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, Git, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationIrvine
    Get hands-on training and instruction in high-demand UX/UI Design methodology which includes software skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD), Sketch App, InVision, Keynote as well as front-end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, Git/GitHub and more. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

4 Scholarships

• $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Irvine Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time (Irvine)
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Irvine)

• Software Engineer
    - 6/14/2019
    Cami LP  User Photo
    Cami LP • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After 10 years of experience as a producer/project manager I decided to take a leap of faith and change my career from one side of development, to the other. I chose UCI's coding bootcamp for the price and timeline, but I would highly recommend them for the level of staff support and the work you walk away with on you portfolio. I was able to get a job BEFORE I graduated because my instructor believed in me and all the hard work I put into class.

Overall Experience: 5 Stars
    As I mentioned previously, I was able to land a job offer halfway through the 12-week full time course and it was because my instructor believed in me enough to recommend me to an alumni who happened to work at a company that was hiring possible candidates. I will caveat that I was chosen because I put in a lot of hard work (an additional 4-5 hours a day re-doing homework and class activities). The class is extremely fast paced (which I personally loved) and the amount of work we had to do sometimes felt daunting/intimidating, however it gave me the platform I needed to prove to myself and my peers that I had what it takes to make my career dreams come true. If you have the tenacity to always give your 100% to this bootcamp, you WILL be successful. (Seriously, if I can do it... you can.)

Instructors: 5 Stars
    From the instructor to the career support staff, I never felt that I was doing this alone. After working in the professional field for over a decade, I took for granted how a classroom environment could really give you that sense of safety to learn and grow. I asked questions, arrived early, stayed late and never stopped communicating with the staff and they always had my back. Whether it was helping me with a homework assignment, answering a question I've asked a dozen times or working with me when life got in the way of class. They were patient, compassionate and always amazing to work with.

Curriculum: 4 Stars
    When I started, I had 0 experience with coding and no portfolio whatsoever. By the end of the class, I had a fully functioning website and several homework assignments/projects to show off by demo day. I was proud of the level of work that I accomplished and was confident in my knowledge of it. The only reason why I gave 4 stars over a perfect 5 is because I felt we slowed down the class in some areas I felt strongly in (API project) and had less time for things I really wanted to dive deeper into (C#). This could be attributed to having to learn at the pace of the entire class, as opposed to where I am as an individual. On that same note, I felt group activities really held me back when it came to projects, but this does kind of simulate a real work experience so I can understand why they did that, but that was a personal negative point for me.

Job Assistance: 5 Stars
    I received a job offer prior to graduating from bootcamp so it's obvious I'd be giving this bootcamp 5 stars in job assistance. UCI gave me a boost in the networking that is done between current students, Alumnis and faculty. I'm the perfect example of someone who had nothing but the willingness and drive to change her career, and with this bootcamp and its amazing career services team, I was completely prepared to tackle a job interview that I had no prior training for, outside the bootcamp.

Friday, Jun 14 2019
    Way to go, Cami! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change and are happy to hear you landed an exciting new role. We completely agree that if prospective students are fully dedicated to their studies in and outside of the classroom, they can be successful. We're thrilled you found our entire team to be patient, compassionate and great to work with—this truly makes all of our effort worthwhile. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review and feedback! We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Valerie Flores  User Photo
    Valerie Flores • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I absolutely loved taking this course!  I am looking for a career change and have always been interested in web development, but had no prior experience.  This program is intense and can be frustrating at times, but the instructor, Forrest, and the TA's gave every student tremendous support and explained the lessons in a way that was easy to understand and retain the information.  I had a blast creating useful applications from scratch and look forward to using these skills in a career environment.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Amazing, Valerie! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're glad to hear you found our instructional team to be supportive and knowledgable—we also think Forrest is pretty great. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best as you move forward.
  • Tricia Leavitt  User Photo
    Tricia Leavitt • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Like many others, I attended UCI's Full-Time, Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp in order to transition from my previous career (ten years in business roles) into tech in the Spring of 2018. Having been out of the program for about a year now, and as someone who is now going into her second job in the industry (having also received 5 job offers thus far), I can easily say that the transition has been one of the most challenging but also most rewarding experiences that I have had the opportunity to pursue.

While no previous experience is required, I did take a handful of front-end courses online before I enrolled to make sure that I enjoyed the content enough to pursue it professionally (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript). Once enrolled, I was very happy to find that the curriculum, pace, and staff helped me to greatly accelerate my own learning as well as to build a great foundation for the skills needed to work as a developer.

That being said, I feel that it is important to note that in this course, like any other learning opportunity (bootcamp, collegiate programs, etc.), you really do get out what you choose to put in. For me, that meant dedicating as much time as possible during the bootcamp to learning the material, both during and outside of class, as well as continuing to expand my knowledge afterward. I have also become actively involved in the local tech community during the last year, which has provided me with additional professional opportunities. Moreover, while you will learn the basics in class, it is also important to know that you will also need to learn a lot on your own and/or with your fellow students (with the support of your instructors). While this can feel frustrating at times, it is an incredibly important skill to develop as it is what will be regularly required from you on the job.

As far as Career Services go, I do feel that this is one area that has an opportunity for some improvement. In my opinion, for those who have limited experience with job searching and interviewing techniques, it is a wonderful service. However, having been in the job market for ten years, I was already familiar with much of the information provided. It is also important to note that, at least as of my program completion, this is not a job placement service. You will be responsible for finding and applying to jobs in your area. Additionally, again as of Spring 2018, the interview techniques provided are not tech-specific, and will relate more to how to complete a behavioral interview. For tech-specific interviews (whiteboard coding, etc.), training was provided and encouraged by my teacher and TAs during office hours to those students that requested it, which I would highly recommend should you enroll.

To sum up, starting my career in development with the UCI bootcamp has provided me with opportunities that I would have never imagined I would receive prior to attending. From working as a developer, to co-organizing a local tech interview meetup group, to mentoring other new developers and nearly doubling my income in a years time, it has been one of the best investments I have ever made in myself. While I do believe it is possible to learn web development fundamentals from less expensive online courses, the program provided me with the motivation, structure, knowledge, and mentorship that I needed to push myself to reach my goals. I am incredibly thankful for the encouragement that I received during the program, the friendships that I made in class, and the continuing support that I have received from Jeff, Taylor, and others as I progress in my career.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thank you, Tricia! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum, pace, and found our instructional team to be supportive. Like you noted, you do get out what you put in, so dedicating extensive time both in and outside of the classroom, will truly help you succeed. We're always optimizing our career services curriculum to be valuable for both beginners as well as experienced professionals, so we appreciate your insight.

We're thrilled you were able to make lifelong connections and applaud all the accomplishments you've achieved thus far. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on as you continue on your new career path!
  • Breanna Nelson  User Photo
    Breanna Nelson • Data Integration Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program has changed my life in so many amazing ways. It has allowed me to grow my knowledge and skillset to obtain a new career in the field. I would HIGHLY recommend this certification program for anyone that it is excited and willing to learn. It is a lot of work, but after the program, you will see that your skills are in high demand. I recommend taking advantage for career services. The advice and suggestions they gave me and my perseverance to continue learning outside of the bootcamp to prep for the coding interviews, really were the reasons for why I was offered a new job.

Monday, Feb 11 2019
    Amazing, Breanna! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're happy to hear you greatly benefited from our career services. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We're cheering you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Nick  User Photo
    Nick • Teaching Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub

It was a great experience overall. I came into the program without knowing anything about coding and now after I feel like I'm pretty competent and know what I'm doing.

The pace of the course is very fast so you must be able to ask for additional help if you do need it (the bootcamp WILL provide FREE tutoring or any additional 1 on 1s with the instructional team, you just need to ask!) And also you have to try to do as much as you can to learn since it is such a broad subject and the pace is very fast. The instructor reminds everyone the ABC of coding, (ALWAYS Be Coding!)

I think the bootcamp was overall a very good experience, but you can't just attend and expect to be a coder after. You need to put in your own effort and work very hard too so you can get the most out of it.

Thursday, Feb 07 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your experience, Nick! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and feel competent in your newfound skills. Great advice for prospective students — you should definitely utilize all the boot camp's resources and work hard. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your future goals!
  • Alumni
    - 11/2/2018
    Viet Vo  User Photo
    Viet Vo • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    This class was amazing! I cannot applaud the teaching staff enough. Personally, I had a worthwhile experience working with the them. My teachers were exceptionally engaging. They supported me all throughout the course. Every question I asked. they had an exceptional answer for. Coming into the class I had only a high school level programming course under my belt and in no time they helped bring me to speed with what the most common industry standards. I loved interacting them as they were; knowledgable professionals in the field. The after class interactions with them helped me be especially competitive. I'm glad to say with the help of Taylor and his TA's and the course director Jeff, I got my first job before the course ended!
    Monday, Nov 05 2018
    Amazing, Viet! We are thrilled you had such an amazing student experience and were supported by our entire team — we also agree that Taylor, Jeff, and all our TAs are pretty great. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course and on your new career! We are rooting you on as you move forward.
    - 6/1/2018
    Joshua Spears  User Photo
    Joshua Spears • Teaching Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub

Trilogy has provided me the skills to change my life. This program was everything and more then what i expected. I came in with very little knowledge of the subject, and left with enough knowledge to land my first job in the industry.  I would definitely recomend this course to anyone looking into starting a new career in development.

Friday, Jun 01 2018
    Way to go, Joshua! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program, successfully learning the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We commend all your hard work, as it definitely paid off - Congratulations on landing your first tech role! Thank you for your review, we wish you all the best.
  • Rich Experience
    - 12/22/2017
    Marwa Mahmoud  User Photo
    Marwa Mahmoud • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have just finished the UCI bootcamp 6 months part time full stack web development.

It was all in all a great experience. I have learnt a lot in a relatively short period of time.

The curriculum was really strong and it covered most of the trending coding topics

The instructors were amazing.Forrest is very knowledgable and have excellent teaching skills. He was always able to help with the code and can fix any problem what so ever. Kyle the TA was very dedicated to helping us , he was always there in class, on slack helping and sending tutorials.

The career service, Jeff and Jenna, where so nice, they where always reachable and tried to help us as much as they could

There is still some room for improvement in the job assistance par but I am sure they'll get there with time

Monday, Jan 15 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Marwa! It's terrific that you had an overall positive experience with our program. We love hearing that your instructors and TAs provided you with the guidance and assistance you needed to be successful in this program, and we're glad that our career services team is working hard to help best equip our students for success.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. The student experience is our number one priority, and feedback like yours helps us to constantly improve our program. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 2/23/2019
    LoriS

Full stack web development course was 3 months full-time from Nov. 5 - Feb. 14. VERY intense so you need to be prepared to work 30-40 hours OUTSIDE of class to keep up. I wouldn't recommend working a full-time job during this time. It was hard work, so be prepared to study every night and let family and friends know your week-ends will be busy. Teachers and TAs were FANTASTIC!! Our teacher, Taylor Blanche is very knowledgeable, helpful and even had weekly 2 hour zoom calls after hours to address questions or topics that people weren't clear on. Great class!  I highly recommend it for learning web development skills vs trying to do it on your own.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Thank you, Lori! You're completely right that this is a fast-paced course, one that will require prospective students to put in extensive hours outside of class to master the material. We're happy to hear you were satisfied with our instructional team — we also think Taylor is pretty great. Congratulations on your recent graduation and all the best as you move forward!
  • EDWARD CHEN • Student

There are so many different bootcamp out there, but I am so glad that I landed my on UCI Data Analytic Bootcamp!! The bootcamp allowed me to equip with newest tech skill to enter data world, and the program provide variety of aspect to better explore student's need, like getting a buffet we get to choose what to keep in the plate. But the highlight of this entire bootcamp experience was actually our instructor and his team support him in the back. We had so much to learn in the course, but because we had a great teacher that everything was made possible. The instructor so willing to help student that he consistently host review session so everyone can have their chance to get more question answered. In addition, our TA were all very passion about their own work, so they were able to convey that energy and to help each student in class. Lastly, the career services and the student success manager REALLY look out for each of us, and making sure we had all we need to thrive. It is really hard to find people who actually care, and do all their best to support you in all level.

The bootcamp is not a easy thing, it does require student to put in a lot of effort and time to be able to really get a grasp of it. With the program set up and the support from career service, I am more than ready to face new challenge after the program end.

I will STRONGLY recommend this Data Analytic Bootcamp from UCI for anyone.

Tuesday, Feb 12 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Edward! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and felt supported by our entire boot camp team. We're passionate about enabling student success, so it's great to hear this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future goals!
  • Archie Saquilabon • Graduate

The coding boot camp here was such a great experience. Although the course was fast paced, the instructors and TAs really do a great job spoon feeding the complex concepts to help you understand what you're doing.

The staff really does their best to help you develop your skills and cater to your learning style. I do recommend putting in the extra time to practice and study to better understand each and every topic/concept.

This program helped me in my career change and has helped me create what I could've only imagine come to life.

Friday, Feb 08 2019
    Way to go, Archie! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the program and felt supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for choosing our course to make a significant career change! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Armando A. Pensado • Graduate

The UCI bootcamp is a great investment for developers interested to add web technologies to their toolbelt.  It offers a good challenge, and bring you up to speed in We development using Mongo DB, Express, React, and Nod JS (MERN).

I am a software developer falling behind in web technologies. This bootcamp brought me up to speed. Yes, is hard to have to work and attend classes, with homework and projects, but it really pays off once you reach the finish line. The transformation is amazing. I am impress of how much I learn and put to practice.

I can highly recommend  this bootcamp, as is back up by a serous institution as the University of California – Irvine.

Monday, Jan 28 2019
    Thank you, Armando! We're so happy to hear you were able to advance your web development skills and learn so much. Congratulations on graduating from such a rigorous course! We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.
  • UX/UI Student
    - 10/19/2018
    Mat Astengo • UX Designer • Student

I had some design background, but I wanted to pursure a higher understanding of the research and testing methoods of UX Design. I looked into a lot of different programs and I felt that the 6-month program at Trilogy's UCI Boot Camp was the most benificial. 10 weeks is not enough time to digest all the information that you are going to get in a boot camp like this. I also felt that the UCI name attached to this program would be wel recieved and more respectable (I learned that a lot of the 10 week programs have gotten a negative stigma for how quickly they pump students out).

The class went great, there were only about 30 students and everyone was very motivated and excited to learn. The instructor was amazing and had an extensive knowledge and tons of real-world experience in the field. We meet 3 days a week and had plenty of time between classes to study materials, complete assigments and still have a job and a life.

The career services was very helpful and the Career Director that was assigned to me was a great help in preparing for applying and interviewing for new jobs. She was a very valuable resource through my process and was crucial to me getting a position.

I was hired a as UX Designer 4 months after completing the program.

Tuesday, Oct 23 2018
    Amazing, Mat! Thank you so much for choosing our program to delve into an exciting new field We're so glad you enjoyed your boot camp experience and were fully supported by our entire team. Congratulations on graduating and on your new role, we wish you all the success moving forward!
  • Tamara Ghazal • Graduate

I was looking for a quick ride to success to compete in the field of web development. This program provided me with what I expected, hoped for, and even beyond. With it's fast paced, well organized, and comprehensive aspects, It was the most resourceful, efficient, and effectual 6-months in my life. From a first had experience, I can tell that Triology and their amazing team have proven success with this program. I would definitely recommend it for others and advise them to take it seriously because it is a life changing experience. This boot camp requires a lot of work and dedication, but it is worth every single effort and sleepless night.

Monday, Oct 08 2018
    Way to go, Tamara! Thank you for choosing our program to dive into the web development field. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the pace, curriculum, and our entire instructional team. You're completely right that this course requires extensive work and dedication, but it's definitely worth it in the end. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and congratulations on graduating. We wish you all the success in your future endeavors!
  • Blake • Controller • Student

You'd be better served just teaching yourself, since this is pretty much what you'll be doing most of the time anyway.

After spending some time trying to teach myself to code for some work projects, I figured it was time to get some professional training and be more efficient in my learning. This course was pretty much the only one that offered a classroom experience and part-time option for working professionals, and it had decent reviews. I also assumed that since this course was affiliated with a prestigious university, namely UCI, it would be legit.

Man was I wrong. I'm part-way though this course, I've always been top of my class, and I get most of the material, but this course is shit. It's not organized, I mean really not well structured at all. It's also put on by Trilogy Education, not UCI. They offer pretty much zero resources of their own so everything you're looking at is what someone else put together and it's just not coherent.

For $10k, I could've hired an experienced developer to teach me more in a few weeks than I will in 6 months. What a monumental waste of time. I have walked away with some new knowledge and skills, but it's because I put in a lot of work outside of class and taught myself, or worked with TA's on the side. So dissapointing. If I can save just one of you from such a terrible experience, please listen. DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE.

Thursday, Aug 23 2018
    Hi Blake, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It sounds like you're frustrated with the amount of outside work needed to master the material. To give our students a solid full-stack foundation in an intensive, part-time format, our instructors do cover a great deal of knowledge in a limited amount of time. Our goal is to make sure students are clear before enrolling that they will need to spend 20-30 hours a week studying outside of class to be job-ready by graduation. For anyone struggling with the concepts presented, we do offer weekly one-on-one tutoring, TA hours, a wealth of subject materials to aid compression, and a student success manager to get back on track.

We've found that the soft skills gained through structured self-study, such as problem-solving, perseverance, and self-teaching, are critical for success in today's workplace. Similarly, this methodology fosters a more structured and motivational technique of self-study, especially for individuals such as yourself, who have previously attempted to teach themselves how to code. While our curriculum is regularly updated based on market demand, we want our students to graduate with the skills to quickly learn new frameworks and languages on their own, as the technical job market is always changing.

As the course progresses, most students do feel more and more confident in their skills, knowledge, and mastery of the material. We hope that this the case for you as well. We are constantly striving to improve the classroom experience through a variety of practices including weekly student feedback forms, video audits of the classroom, and instructor coaching sessions. Our team is continually updating our course material and instructional support to ensure students have the best learning experience possible, so we appreciate your input.

As you noted, the UCI Division of Continuing Education has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to develop the UCI Coding Boot Camp. TES is a leading workforce accelerator that has partnered with more than 35 top universities to support their skills-based learning program efforts in order to provide invaluable support to every single boot camp participant. Both UCI and TES aim to be transparent about this partnership through our websites, marketing, admissions process, enrollment materials, and throughout the course experience. UCI is deeply involved in the curriculum and outcomes for all of their programs. Our main priority is and will continue to always be the success of our students.

This is a rigorous and fast-paced program, so we commend all the hard work and practice you have dedicated to reaching the halfway point. We sincerely care about our students and would like to further discuss your current experience with you to ensure you have the necessary support you may need as you approach the final months of your boot camp journey. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (949) 214-4016.
  • Apply with caution
    - 7/30/2018
    Elizabeth Keppler • Applicant

In early June, 2018 I applied to the UX/UI boot camp at UC Irvine.  I went through a standard application process and worked with advisors who were helpful.  After being admitted to the program, which was set to start Aug 18, 2018, I paid a $2,500.00 deductible and signed a contract with Trilogy Ed. One week after submitting payment and a contract I was notified that the program was moved to September.  Then, two days later, I was notified that the program was cancelled until further notice.  This happened the first week of July, and I have yet to receive my refund.  Today, 7/30/2018 is the first time I have official confirmation that I am even in the process of getting my money refunded.  This was a huge decision for me both financially and in my current career, and this program blew it off as nothing.  I advise future applicants to beware of placing their trust in this program after my experience.

Friday, Aug 03 2018
    Hi Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We regret your experience did not meet your expectations. We understand what a big life decision applying and enrolling in our course is for our students. You are correct that due to student feedback, the start date for the August cohort that you were originally enrolled in was postponed until 2019; this deferment will allow us to make modifications to the course curriculum in order to deliver a robust program for your future training needs.

We apologize for not initiating a more prompt refund following the cancellation of your class, as we know you made a substantial investment in your education. Unfortunately, we could not begin your refund process until after we verified a transfer could not be made to the remaining UX/UI cohort. When our admissions coordinator emailed you back in regard to processing your reimbursement, we did note that the request could take a few weeks - as evidenced by your refund being successfully issued on Monday. We strive to be communicative throughout every step of our process and understand a swift and responsive reply on our part could have provided a more seamless experience for you.

We are looking forward to reintroducing the UX/UI program in the upcoming year and hope you will reconsider us once again. We are constantly striving to improve our student experience, so we truly value your input in this matter. We would love to hear from you directly to further discuss your concerns. If you would like, please reach out to us at (949) 214-4016.
  • Alessandro Maclaine • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

I was working in finance and wasn't satisfied with where my career was heading. Fueled by a love for technology and a desire to help build the future I decided to pursue programming. After studying on my own for a year, I wasn't connecting the dots I needed to reach a professional level. After much consideration I decided to take the plunge and join the UCI Full Stack Bootcamp. It was one of the better decisions I've ever made; the bootcamp accelerated my learning and by the time I left I felt confident and competent. Both the curriculum and the teachers are first rate, with tremendous focus on bringing you up to speed with modern processes. Shortly after graduation I had my first job in the field and am ecstatic with my prospects, the future is looking bright. Thanks Trilogy!

Alessandro

Thursday, May 31 2018
    Thank you for your review, Alessandro! Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about education and changing student lives, so we're thrilled you left our boot camp feeling confident and competent in your newfound web development skills. We're happy you enjoyed our curriculum and felt thoroughly supported by our instructors. Congratulations on graduating and on your new career role, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
  • Garrett • Graduate

Intro:

I am a graduate of the fulltime July cohort for the Fullstack Web Development path and can safely say this was easily one of the best decisions I have made in my life thus far.

Pre-Bootcamp:

A little bit of background first - Prior to the bootcamp, I had a Bachelor's degree and a two years of managerial work experience. Long story short I decided to leave my full-time job and pursure a career as a computer programmer.

Around this time last year, I was scraping the internet trying to find any information I could on coding bootcamps. The number of potential coding bootcamps I could attend were endless and making the decision to choose between one or the other became overwhelming.

A friend of mine told me about the UCI bootcamp and I was immediately interested in knowing more. After looking everywhere online I couldn't find any reviews about the bootcamp because it was a brand new program.

I ultimately decided to choose the UCI Coding Bootcamp over other bootcamps because I believed having completed a program associated with UCI on my resume would be more valuable in the long run. It was a gamble as the tuition was not cheap, but looking back, it would have been a shame if I let this opportunity pass me by because of the tuition cost.

Curruculum:

The curriculum worked very well for me and remained up to date with the latest technologies. The entire course is broken down from day one so you can see exactly what you will be learning and when you will be learning it. We even changed some of the learning material as we went if the instructor thought a particular technology was outdated.

The pace was perfect for me. Each new technology we learned was broken down into small programming activities. When it came time to do a project at the end of each week, you can reference these small building blocks to assist with putting together a real working application.

The only thing I wish was included in the curriculum would be cloud technologies like AWS. We used Heroku which is great for quickly deploying your application but a dedicated cloud technology section would have been awesome. (I wouldn't be surprised if this is now included in the most recent curriculum).

This is the main reason why my experience at the coding bootcamp was so valuable. I really got lucky with having Taylor as my instructor. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how good the curriculum is or how good of a programmer an instructor is. If that person is incapable of teaching then I might as well have paid $10 for a Udemy course and called it a day.

Luckily, Taylor was a very knowledgable programmer and an excellent teacher.

Taylor teaches with an intelligent and patient demeanor. He made himself approachable and encouraged his students to ask questions. I could tell he truly enjoyed his job and did his best to help his students succeed.

In addition to Taylor, I was also very lucky to have Sean and Daniel as the class TA's. They were both very capable, intelligent, and dedicated to helping the student's learn. Before the bootcamp began I was a bit skeptical on whether or not 1 teacher and 2 TAs would be able to handle a group of 25-30 students. This ended up not being a problem for me at all as they were always available to answer any questions I had.

Often times I would have a more in depth question and needed some guidance with a project. Taylor, Sean, and Daniel were always willing to schedule a time for office hours to point me in the right diretion.

I hope UCI Coding Bootcamp management realizes how valuable these three are to the organization because my overall experience could have been entirely different had I ended up with a different teacher and TA's.

The 3 months I spent at this bootcamp were as valuable as the 4 years I spent in college. It was a lot of hard work and I had many late nights, but I loved every second of it.

Wednesday, May 16 2018
    Amazing, Garrett! We know this is an immersive and challenging course, so we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put into the program - it definitely paid off! We pride ourselves on our proven curriculum, teaching students how to learn, and providing the key foundational skills for a variety of programming topics. Our instructors and TAs are incredibly passionate about helping students throughout every step of the way, so we’re thrilled to know you felt that level of support. It's great you had such high regards for Taylor, Sean, and Daniel - we also agree they are pretty great! Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review,  we can’t wait to see what you will accomplish with the knowledge you gained and wish you the best of luck with all your future goals!
  • Pat Hustad • Graduate

great class , gave me all the tools I need to become a successful engineer!

Friday, May 04 2018
    Thank you for your review, Pat! We're so glad you had such a positive experience with our program. We commend you for all of the hard work you put into earning your valuable new skills as a web developer. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Chris • Student

Let me start, the instructors and support staff were great from top to bottom - Michael, Ben, Kyle, Teresa and Sammy.  My apologies if I forgot anyone.  But the curriculum is sorely lacking and absolutely none of it prepares you to be a full time developer.  It starts off great but they need to focus more on fundamentals.  They dive way too deep into node packages that can be learned in a day.  Stay away, stay very far away.  Do not be fooled by the affiliation to UCI.  Most of my cohort has not found a job.

Wednesday, Mar 28 2018
    Hi Chris, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always striving to improve the student experience, and feedback like yours helps us do just that.

We are glad to hear you had a great experience with our instructional team. We greatly admire the support and dedication our team members put into helping every student in our program.

Because we teach such a wide array of technologies in a short amount of time, our curriculum focuses on giving students a high level, hands-on understanding of the topics covered in class, with the goal of students expanding on that understanding outside of class. While we do begin with the fundamentals, our program does quickly dive into technologies that are in high demand in today's market. We are constantly evaluating our curriculum and we use student feedback and market research to make changes regularly. While we are proud of curriculum and its ability to give students a very strong set of web development skills, we do regret to hear that the curriculum did not go as in-depth into the fundamentals as you would have liked.

Our career services are built on the principle of empowerment, equipping students with the soft skills needed to be employer competitive through readiness services like resume support, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching. While we do not offer guaranteed job placement, many of our students were very successful in the job search, with students from this cohort securing employment in various roles like Data Engineer, Computer Programmer, and Front End Developer at companies like Hyper Disk Marketing, Global Net Solutions, Target Specialty Products, Cake, Toshiba America Medical Systems, and more.

Our goal is for all students to leave our program feeling equipped for success. If there are any other additional learning materials or assistance that we can provide you with at this time, please reach out to me directly at (949) 214-4016, so that we can discuss further.
  • Joel • Graduate

I attended the part time coding bootcamp from March-September this year.  I found the Instuctors to be outstanding.  Ben and Michael really knew their stuff.  The TAs Kyle and Tim were great too.  They were helpful throughout the course.  The cohort covers a lot of ground.  So, be ready to put in your time studying.  They recommend 20 hours of outside class study time each week.  In my experience, it's absolutely necessary if you want to absorb the content and keep up.

Jenna was very helpful in the career services department.  Although, it seemed like she was in the position of a very cometent person being streached very very thin.  I've heard that the school is bringing on additional resources and personel to support her in the future.

Monday, Oct 09 2017
    Congratulations on completing the boot camp, Joel! We’re glad to hear that your instructors, TAs and Career Director were so helpful, and provided you with the guidance you needed. As you mention, students should expect to dedicate an appropriate amount of their time to reviewing concepts and practicing their skills outside of the classroom. This is an important insight for future students to know, so we really appreciate this feedback.

It’s terrific that you had such a positive experience with this program, and we hope you’re proud of all the hard work you put into learning these valuable new skills. We’re wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

• Current Student! • Contracts Specialist • Student

This program is very new, and so I can see a few flaws but this is a really great fit for me. I was extremely nervous about dumping a lot of money in a coding bootcamp, but if you want to get into tech this is definitely worth it. Let me start with my main that I had.

This, along with a lot of other coding bootcamps definitely seemed like a scam to me. For this program, I really wish that they didn't make it feel like such a scam. The whole phone ""interview"" and "You have been accepted!!" is really bogus. If you want it, you'll get accepted. Why lie about it? I believe this program would get so much better attention if they were just honest and straight up. Here's the cost, here's what we expect from you, and here's what we give you. That kind of honesty will bring more people than trying to make everyone feel like they're so lucky!!

That being said, this program is definitely worth it. Since it was only the second cohort ever, I only had to pay 8,500. I did A TON of research on coding bootcamps in general before making the decision to drop all this money. But I found that 8,500 is relatively cheap. Anyone who goes through these coding bootcamps will get a job, due to the high demand for programmers in the field. So it is a cheap price to pay for a 6 month path to a whole new career.

One of my biggest fears was how I could do this coding bootcamp while working full time? If you are working full time, and you are concerned about not being able to do this, trust me. THIS IS POSSIBLE. I was thinking that if i work 40 hours, class is 10 hours, AND they recommend atleast 20 hours outside of class. That's 80 hours of work a week! It's not that bad. If you're like me, and passionate about learning to program, programming outside of work is really not that stressful. It feel more like a hobby, then it is work! You get to build cool games, meet really cool likeminded people, and collab on them to make creative projects. I am legitmately excited to come to class! So if you are full time and worried about the time crunch, do not worry! I highly recommend this to anyone who has to work full time to pay the bills and still wants a career change.

Another big concern that I had, was why choose this program over a Online Coding Bootcamp? I was actually looking a the Viking Code School as an option, it was considerably cheaper. I think it came down to roughly only 4,000 but demanded more hours. After going through the pre-work, I quickly found that doing things online just simply cannot replace the in person experience. You overlook all the little things about having an in person class that matter so much. Meeting and learning from your peers, getting to know your teacher and TAs in person certainly feel a lot better. I just felt that doing it online would not help me nearly as much as doing it in person. Which is tough, because there isn't many in person PART TIME coding bootcamps out there. If there are, they typically are short and specialize in one language (and are very expensive!)

It is now August, and I have to say I am really impressed with the program. At the end of the day, almost every coding bootcamp will find you a job if you really want it. I think that's important to note because you shouldn't be trying to pay 20k for a program just because you're concerned about not getting a job. If you want a job, and you put in the work, you will find one.

As for this class curriculum, it is very well rounded. They are definitely full stack, and the career help start right away! They have counselors always there ready to listen to any of your concerns. They also host awesome events like tech panels where employers come and talk! It's a lot of fun, and we are currently just starting the group projects. The teachers for each class both have a lot of experience, and are very nice and helpful! There are two classes (forrest and Caeser). I feel like they could train the TA a little better, and have more organization, but I certainly don't blame them since the program is so new. At the end of the day, I am learning A LOT and i'm already feeling very comfortable coding.

5/5 would recommend to anyone! I'm just trying to give an honest review to anyone out there. If you're worried about the career change, scared of dumping the money, and fear that everything is fake out there. Don't worry, I was in your shoes. I can tell you though, the job marketing is extremely well. And this course will definitely give you the guidance if you're like me and scared to learn on my own. If you take this program, you will find a job! The career service team will even help you find a job in another state if you request, they are very accomodating.

I hope this helped anyone who is curious! I apologize if my writing is all over the place, i'm going off the top of my head right now.

Monday, Aug 07 2017
    Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! Insights such as these are very useful to future boot camp students. Although our admissions process is designed to be as painless as possible, our programs aren’t open enrollment. Because we want to make sure that students who enroll in our program are properly suited to the demands involved, we do screen our applicants with a coding test and academic interview before they are enrolled into a course.

We’re so glad to hear that you’re having such a positive experience with this program, it’s wonderful that the part-time schedule was manageable with your ongoing career as this schedule was designed for working professionals, just like you.

We’re thrilled that you are enjoying the career services, curriculum, and that you are becoming comfortable coding. It’s wonderful to see our  students develop a passion for programming. As you mention, the in-person classroom experience is an important part of our program and allows for invaluable opportunities to ask questions and collaborate with peers, so it’s excellent that our team has been able to provide you with the guidance and support you need to be successful in this program.

We hope you're proud of all of the hard work you’ve put into this program, and we can’t wait to see where your new skills will take you. We wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

• Do not even apply!
    - 5/28/2017
    Natalie • Web Support • Applicant

I would caution against even filling out an application. Like others, I did the easy little tests and phone interviews. I was "recomended for enrollement," and then they emailed a poorly worded, hokey credit card form asking for my $2500 hold money. They worded the email in a way that made you think you owed them money, so pay the invoice and hold your seat in the class! In a separate email they sent a auto-fill form -- with just a couple clicks you accepted all the terms of enrollment, and were bound to the company.

I never filled these forms out and never accepted or signed a thing. I even spoke to the rep confirming that I did not actually owe anything and that until I actually enrolled I was still in decision-making mode.

So, after reading enough about the company and weighing my options, I simply emailed the rep a "Thanks but no thanks," letter explaining that I declined to enroll and would pursue my coursework online via Udemy and Udacity, and that I appreciated their time.

She called me a day later, and "Congratulated me on pursuing my education in code." I was a little confused becuase she made it sound like I enrolled in the school. I told her thanks and sorry I couldn't go forward with UCI extension. I told her if things ever changed I would let her know. She acknowledged this and said it was ok and she understood.

A week later on they send an email (probably automated) as follows:

"Dear Natalie

This is a notification that your card will be charged in 2 days.

I don't know if this was an atuo email, but it seemed pretty shady. From the enrollement email to the weird "Congratualtions" phone call to this... it's like they were trying to play dumb and act like I was enrolled.

Just avoid this type of annoyance and find some other bootcamp. Learning Fuze in Orange County has a pretty good reputation. Go there. Stay away from these shady sketchy people.

Response From: Jeffrey Howell of UC Irvine Boot Camps
    Monday, Jun 05 2017
    Hi Natalie,

Thank you for reaching out. We sincerely apologize for any miscommunication or confusion that occurred during your admissions experience.

Once a student is accepted into the program, they do receive an email explaining that in order to guarantee a seat in the class and enroll, the next step is to pay the deposit. At this point in time, you are correct that no agreement or confirmation of enrolling has been made. Students also receive an electronic agreement to sign and return should they move forward with payment/enrollment. This trusted system was chosen not only to make it easier for students to digitally sign the documents rather than having to print and scan, but also to facilitate record keeping. We are sorry if this digital format was not what you were expecting and have made a note to explain better to all students in the future. We appreciate your pointing this out.

If a student declines the program, we always call the student to learn how we can better our program. We try to maintain a relationship with even those applicants that choose to pursue other schools. The important item for us is that you are getting the education you seek. You mentioned via email that you had decided to pursue learning to code through other avenues, our advisor simply meant to congratulate you on that endeavor and let you know that our program would be here should you ever change your mind.

Regarding the auto-charge email notification, you should not have received that email as it was intended for an enrolled student. As you mentioned, we did not have your credit card information on file and so no charge could have been made. With many emails sent each day, human error does happen and we apologize for the alarm it caused.

We are constantly working to improve our processes and overall experience, and we thank you for your feedback.

There were red flags all over, but I failed to reconize them till it was too late. Now, I find myself obligated to WARN others before they fall victim to this shady business scam. So many false promises made. First big warning flag was the easy test they give and make you feel like you have the skillset to be successfull in the bootcamp. Secondly, on the first day they have you sign a waiver, exempting you from getting any refund. Now think back when you first started college, did they make you sign a waiver? Please be aware that this is a scam and not a ligit learning center. They are not interested in your ability to finish this bootcamp, only to get your hard earned money and string you along as far as possible. The career services is a joke...nothing you couldnt do on on your own. I found it very odd how both lead instructors ended up leaving after our class wrapped up and they relocated for new jobs. Like I suggested to a potential student a few months ago, if you really are interested in persuing coding I would recomend online learning such as team treehouse that is a fraction of the cost or any other way. They are over charging for a false promise and I dont know how they are able to continue this in our community and especially abusing the system by hiding their name under UCI and other big universities, such a shame our leaders are allowing this to go on.

Wednesday, May 22 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience. From your review, we understand the program did not meet your expectations. As you noted, the UCI Division of Continuing Education has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to offer the UC Irvine Coding Boot Camp. UCI is deeply involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of our classes, and routinely meet in conjunction with TES to monitor the learning experience and performance. Both UCI and TES are completely dedicated to transforming students' lives and are fully transparent about this relationship throughout the entire course.

Like you mentioned, we do have a multi-step admissions process. During this time, we evaluate individuals to ensure they are aware of the extensive time they will have to dedicate to their studies and are truly committed to their web development journey. We never want to set up students for failure, which is why we begin with an initial phone interview, followed by a timed, academic test that applicants must pass with a score of 70 or above in order to move forward, followed by a final critical thinking interview with a member of our academic team. Only once prospective learners have passed all three screenings are they accepted into the course.

We do our best to emphasize the importance of students completing the assigned pre-work, as well as studying on their own before classes begin. We take pride in our comprehensive curriculum and holistic approach to learning, and as we know this course is challenging, we provide additional support in the form of free tutoring sessions, office hours with instructors and TAs, and optional one-on-one meetings. While we do not secure employment for our students, our career services are built on the principle of empowerment and provide more than 75 hours of professional development, consisting of resume and portfolio reviews, virtual tech panels, technical interview training, and 1:1 meetings with their Career Director. We hope you were able to benefit from these resources and appreciate your input as we're frequently enhancing our services to ensure students feel supported and equipped for success.

It's our mission to help as many hard-working, aspiring web developers as we can. We sincerely care about each one of our students and continually strive to make sure participants feel supported every step of the way. We would love to speak to you personally to see if there is anything else we can do to reinforce your knowledge or employment search. If you would like, please reach out to us at (949) 214-4016.

If you decide to enroll, please don't be fooled by their marketing strategy where they will have you look up all these job postings and salary range for the Full Stack Web Developer. They are just trying to get you to enroll. Even though they said that they have a test and interview process before they accept you into the program, they are doing it as a due diligence. Even if you can't answer any of the question they asked you during the interview, they will still let you enroll. All they wanted is your 12K tuition. The curriculumn is all over the place. Don't expect to be job ready by the time you're done with the program. Career services is also a disappointment. They don't really help you connect with any employers. They just make you write your resume and apply online. When you start questioning them about job placement rate, they will divert the question. They know that the job placement rate is very low, so they don't want to talk about it. Instead, they will make it sounds like you are not trying hard enough yourself and that is the reason why you could not find a job. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $12K ON THIS. It is not worth it.

Thursday, May 16 2019
    Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's our mission for all students to have a positive learning experience in our programs, so we regret to hear the boot camp did not live up to your expectations.

Like you mentioned, we do have a multi-step admissions process. During this time, we evaluate individuals to ensure they are not only aware of the extensive time they will have to dedicate to their studies and but are also truly committed to their coding journey. Applicants begin with an initial phone interview, followed by a timed assessment and a final critical thinking interview with a member of our academic team. Only once prospective students have successfully passed all three stages are they accepted into the course.

As this is a boot camp, we know the material is fast-paced and challenging, moving quickly from one complex topic to the next. Our curriculum is strategically engineered using extensive market and employer research on the most in-demand skills for the industry, and we are constantly making optimizations to the course material as the industry evolves. We pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to learn, providing a strong foundational skill set that will allow them to easily dive into other frameworks and languages, even after completing the program. We are always working to ensure that students are having the best learning experience possible, so we appreciate your feedback.

From your review, we understand that our career services were not what you were hoping for. Our team is built on the principle of empowerment, and we strive to support and guide learners throughout their job search. While we do not secure direct employment for our students, we work to empower individuals with the resources and support they need to enter the workforce.

We are incredibly proud of the outcomes our students have achieved with hard work and dedication, but we do not report on placement rates because we believe the appropriate measures of a boot camp lie in the quality and services offered. We take pride on our comprehensive curriculum and holistic approach to learning, providing more than 75 hours of professional development to each individual, consisting of technical interview training, portfolio reviews, resume/social media profile support, online Tech Talk panels, and one-on-one meetings with their Career Director. We hope you were able to fully benefit from all of these resources.

It is our goal for all students to leave the course feeling properly equipped to step out into the industry. We would love the opportunity to speak with you further about how we can supplement your learning experience or career search at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at (949) 214-4016.