wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Miami

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps online and in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 850+ graduates and 400+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.75

all (319) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (42) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    Available through Climb Credit
    ScholarshipWyncode Scholarships up to $500 available
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    Available through Climb Credit
    ScholarshipWyncode Scholarships available up to $500 including Women in Tech and Military scholarships
  • Full Stack Web Development

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Ruby, MVC, Agile, SQL, GitHub
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 850 alumni who have been hired at over 350 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit and ISA (needs-based option)

ScholarshipFull Scholarships available for eligible, unemployed Miami-Dade residents Wyncode Scholarships up to $3,000 including Women in Tech scholarships Veteran Scholarships
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, Agile
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Available through Climb Credit and ISA (needs-based option)
    ScholarshipFull scholarship available for eligible, unemployed Miami-Dade residents Wyncode scholarships up to $3,000 including Women in Tech scholarship Veterans Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students

• Wyncode - Student
    - 12/11/2019
    Emilio Izquierdo  User Photo
    Emilio Izquierdo • Founder and Data Strategy Consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended Wyncode in Oct of 2019. My instructor was Andy Weiss and the Teaching Assistants where Leo Policastro and Lazaro Quintana. After working for nearly a decade in data warehousing, strategy and analytics alongside web developers, I decided to take a break and dive into full-stack web development myself. I was seeking to understand the full cycle of web development and pick up on some new languages along the way. Before selecting Wyncode as where I'd like to gain these new skills, I explored several schools offering similar programs online and with physical locations in South Florida. During my initial interview with Wyncode the interviewer understood my needs and made me feel welcome.

Once the Wyncode program started the pace of the program was appropriately fast-paced, all the lectures would build on each other in a proper way with just enough projects and homework in between to fully link the lectures together. As a student, you must remain fully committed to working long days, including weekends, to get the full benefits from the course. After just 10 weeks I can proudly say that I feel very comfortable with full-stack web development and ended the course having enough tools in my tool chest to accomplish the tasks I was looking to tackle and build my own light white web applications.

In addition, the full-time staff at Wyncode exceeded my expectations. They were always very genuine with their demeanor and went above and beyond to assist the students at all times of the day. The sense of community and support you experience at Wyncode is amazing. It is without a doubt that I would recommend Wyncode to anyone looking to expand their tech skills and/or completely switch careers

• Rita M.  User Photo
    Rita M. • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     Never could I have imagined that one decision would have such a huge impact on my life.
    With the pandemic of 2020, I found myself with plenty of time and no excuses but to face the question of what I truly wanted for my future. I had been looking at attending Wyncode for just over two years, and so I finally decided to take the plunge this past fall season.
    My goodness... I never expected it to be the most impactful, amazing, and productive decision of my life thus far. Not to mention, a future and career that is completely transformed, to boot. I learned more than I had ever expected to (considering I was already sold on Wyncode over a few other places I had checked out, receiving far more than I expected was a rare and welcome surprise.) And I was provided with a deeply humane community that I never knew I could be a part of. I felt constantly supported throughout the entire experience, and I felt that I was truly pushed and challenged in the best ways imaginable, to learn and grow in both a technical and personal capacity. And one more time, my future career is now transformed? When they said boot-camp - they were not kidding!...

I have no words. If you are thinking about it - and you can theoretically do this (time, finances etc...)
    Take the jump. I can't emphasize how huge that payoff was, that day when I decided to hit "submit" on my application.
  • Estuardo Salazar  User Photo
    Estuardo Salazar • Product Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Wyncode as been an amazing experience! The knowledge and friendships I have gained while in the cohort are absolutely priceless. If you are looking to pivot into the tech industry - I highly recommend checking out their programs. You not only learn the tools to do the job, but the best practices from industry leaders themselves! I enjoyed all the talks, lectures, and projects and am absolutely amazed at everything I learned in the past 10 weeks! So many thanks to Gessica and all of the other TA's and members of the team. You have changed my life!
  • Ianne  User Photo
    Ianne • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     My 10 weeks at Wyncode were so rewarding! Each week, I always found myself excited to learn what was coming next in the curriculum. And despite being fully remote, I was able to meet and connect with the amazing folks in my cohort. Thank you to the Wyncode instructional team for all of the support they provided! Feeling excited and ready to pursue my new career path
  • Dianna Cox  User Photo
    Dianna Cox • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Pros
    Career Support (for eternity)
    TAs available to answer anything and everything
    Help you prep your portfolio
    Teach on the latest software/programs

Cons
    10 weeks of intense learning (no time to do much outside of the course)
    If you miss a class, you will fall behind.

There's no words that can really explain how wonderful Wyncode Academy is. I came from a graphic design background so I understood a little more than others but I still learned SO MUCH with UX/UI. Every single person on the staff is so attentive and caring– they do a really wonderful job of keeping in touch and creating a personal relationship with you.
    (One of the co-founders, Jo, personally called me while I was going through a personal situation to ask if I was ok and if I needed anything.)
    There's a ton of professional experience coming from Gessica (the instructor) and she will answer any question and go through everything step-by-step. If you're still looking for help the AMAZING TAs are available after class and a little on Saturday.
    Another great thing to take away from this course is my public speaking skills.

There isn't any topic they don't touch at Wyncode. Yes, it's a coding academy but it felt like it was also a professional world academy.
    This was the greatest thing I could've done for myself especially during COVID.
  • UX/UI Designer
    - 12/11/2020
    Sebastian Silva  User Photo
    Sebastian Silva • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Best decision ever! The whole experience at Wyncode was great. The curriculum is very well structured, and all the staff is there to support you along the way. Gessica, the head instructor is amazing. It is intense but totally worth it, it was a wonderful journey and learning experience. Thank you Wyncode! #wynfam
  • Laura B  User Photo
    Laura B • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    2020- The only thing I will take with me from this year is the experience and opportunity given to me at Wyncode. The UXUI program brought back my passion for learning new things and has left me inspired to continue pursuing this exciting new career. Our cohort was fully remote yet I was still able to connect with new people beyond the class and found great support in classmates and instructors. The guest speakers were great!
  • Natalie  User Photo
    Natalie • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Wyncode was an intense 10 weeks but very rewarding experience! If you put in the work, you will succeed.If I could do it again, I would in a heartbeat. All the staff members, instructors, TAs are experts in their field. Gessica is definitely the best instructor I've experienced in my life! And I feel very well-prepared for my new career path. The culture at Wyncode is very supportive, transparent and positive as well.
  • Daniel Yepez  User Photo
    Daniel Yepez • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    my experience at Wyncode was amazing, everything from the curriculum to the student were amazing. It was a very intense immersive experience, I can say that I went in with a very basic knowledge understanding and left the 10 weeks feeling comfortable and ready to build exciting web applications. what was very important to me was the fact that the help you finding a job after your Bootcamp completion, and that to me is priceless.
  • Full-Stack WebDev
    - 12/8/2020
    Gary Chong-Qui  User Photo
    Gary Chong-Qui • Student Verified via GitHub
    Best coding school in Miami! Everyone here is amazing! They go above and beyond to make sure that you're being the best coder that you can be.
  • UX/UI Immersive
    - 6/27/2020
    Kimberly  User Photo
    Kimberly • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Deciding to do an intensive program for career/life change was an important/stressful decision. And choosing Wyncode was the best decision I could have made, I’m so happy I did. Gessica, my head instructor, is an expert in the field - not all experts know how to teach and this one does. We had long days in front of our screens and she kept the content always interesting and applicable. I feel empowered and prepared for my new career with a solid base of knowledge/skills. Plus the learning culture at Wyncode is unique and I believe how more schools/traditional schools need to become. We learn soft skills, we learn to think positively and expect the best from ourselves, and we receive concrete career assistance post graduation. Love this place.
  • Alejandro S.  User Photo
    Alejandro S. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Hello Everyone,

I'd like to share this in-depth review of my experience with Wyncode's Online Full Stack Development Bootcamp. Sections are bolded to highlight different topics.  Feel free to skip to the one of your interest.

Why did I choose Wyncode?

I was first exposed to Wyncode when I was working for MagicLeap as a contracted content manager. I really wanted to stay at the company but I wanted to move into a developer role. My boss recommended I take the bootcamp because of the fact that Magic Leap is an active recruiter of Wyncode alumni. I then spoke to a couple of employees at MagicLeap and they confirmed their success with the program and how it helped them pivot their career. They both stated it was challenging and consuming but highly rewarding. I decided to set up a tour after this confirmation.

Tour and Interview

When I went to tour the schooI Linda received me with great energy.  I really loved the space and location. The environment was very welcoming and the staff were very nice. I went ahead and interviewed with Francis. She was very real about the expectations, but was personable and really took the time to get to know me. The interview is a form of getting to know who you are, what your background is, and if you would be a good fit for the program. Francis mentioned she would get back to me in a couple of days with her decision and also let me know I could apply for an internal scholarship Wyncode offers based on need. A couple days later I got accepted and was granted a partial scholarship. At this point I had done my research and realized that Wyncode was going to be the school for me, based on the initial recommendation from my boss, the real life success stories, and my first impression of the school and staff it just made sense.

Tuition

A quick note on Tuition. After price checking different programs, Wyncode has a very competitive tuition considering everything they offer. They will offer you a partial scholarship if you need it and if you need more they can lead you in the right direction for more financial aid. They are also partners with a education loan company called Climb up. I paid my tuition with Climb-up and was able to get an affordable monthly payback rate with low interest.

COVID-19

In the midst of this admissions process, Covid-19 hit hard and suddenly things started to seem a little unclear for me. I wasn't sure if this was going to be the best decision. I wasn't sure how I was going to afford this financially anymore. Magic Leap suddenly started laying people off left and right. At this point I doubted I was going to be able to return. After the initial stress and overthinking I had a moment of clarity and realized that if I was going to do this it would be now or never. Francis and Linda were very communicative along the way and extra helpful when I needed it. I was informed that my cohort was going to start remotely until it was safe to reopen the school. They also pushed back the start date given the circumstances.

Pre-Course Work

The pre course work is mainly setting up your computer, reading specific articles, and taking codecademy classes so that you get exposure to the different languages and tech you're going to be learning. I 100% recommend trying to get as much of it done as you can. Things pick up quick and so the more exposure you have the easier it will be for you to stay up to pace. If you don't have enough time to complete it then focus on learning javascript before hand. This is the bulk of what you will be learning.

The actual course. Weeks 1 - 11.

There's a lot that can be said here but I will try my best summarize. It is CHALLENGING. It's not easy. It will test you and it will consume you. You will be tested in a lot of ways. You will have homework, group projects, you will speak in front of the class. You will grow as a person and as a professional. You will learn so much. It will be overwhelming at times. Your time management skills and focus will be key to your success.

The structure of the program is well thought out. Vasti, the program manager is excellent. She will be very clear of how the program works, what is expected, where you can get help, and what is expected of you on a daily basis.  She will hold you accountable. Your team mates will also hold you accountable.

The professors and TA's are awesome. Their patience is incredible and they truly care about your progress. They hold it down for you even after hours they are happy to help. They each have their own teaching style so try to connect with the ones that you learn from the best. Overall they all want you to succeed and you can tell they all have a passion for student progress and education.

Our cohort mainly learned the MERN Stack along with a ton of tools that developers use in a real work scenario.

Work-Life Balance

There will be some weeks where you have some afternoons that are not that busy and some weekends where you will have a day off, but technically you could always be using that free time to learn something in better detail or working with another student or a TA on difficult subject. The reason I mention this is because you really have to go into the program choosing to make this your priority. We lost 22% of the students that started with us due to personal reasons so make sure you are 100% ready to commit most of your time to this. Don't plan any vacations or long weekend escapes. It's simply not worth your investment if you're going to do that. 12 weeks fly by so take advantage of the course to the max.

Remote Experience

Pros: To be honest I loved the remote experience. Zoom is a great tool. I actually ended up making strong connections with a few students and with most of the staff. Working from home is comfortable, and the fact that  I didn't have to dress up or drive 45 minutes to and from Wyncode every day is priceless. This time I was able to leverage it by putting it into studying or getting an extra few minutes of sleep when I needed it. You also save money on food as you aren't tempted to go out to eat that much during lunch breaks.

Cons: I wish during projects that we could of have gone to the school to work because working with other people can be challenging in different ways and being in person sometimes makes communication a little easier. However, because of Covid it just wasn't a possibility and most places were closed for social gatherings so we really had to learn how to work remotely. In a way this turns into a PRO because the challenges you face from working solely online lie in the fact that you have to learn to be an excellent communicator and become really proficient at using tools that other remote companies use. So overall I think it challenged us but allowed us to become better candidates for remote work opportunities.

Career Week

Career week is no joke. Wyncode's success relies on your success so they have a dedicated week to helping you become job ready. You will still be working with people through resume building and conversations about different topics. Beto, the one in charge of this week is well educated on hiring trends and what works, so make sure you take notes and put into action his recommendations. They seem to have really strong partnerships with a ton of companies and the Wyncode alum is growing fast and strong.

Where I am at?

I am currently in the middle of career week. I am fixing up my resume, github, portfolio, and will be applying to 15-20 jobs a week and attending their weekly "wynwork" meetings where they announce the latest opportunities in their hiring partner network. Their lifetime job support was a huge relief for me after I saw what happened with MagicLeap. If I don't return to that company I know there are still tons of opportunities. I  have already seen many different success stories with different backgrounds from Wyncode and I am sure I will continue to learn more about them. The Wyncode alumni is strong and they are represented in different parts of the country and the world so Wyncode's ties are now global. As side note, if I remember correctly most Wyncode Alum are able to land a job with 3 months of graduating.

My goals

I plan to apply, apply, apply,  keep my coding skills sharp, and work on more independent projects or hackathons. I'm setting up a study plan to learn more about algorithms and data structures so I'll be able to compete against candidates with CS backgrounds. The game now is about HUSTLE. I know I will be able to land a job as a software developer sooner than later if I put in the work. Graduating is just the beginning.

I hope this helps everyone considering Wyncode. I am highly satisfied with the program and I hope to update everyone once I land my dream job.

Wyncode Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduated. 85% of graduates were job-seeking and 86% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $52,669. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 161 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/