wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps online and in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 850+ graduates and 400+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (299) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (37) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Ruby
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 500 alumni who have been hired at over 250 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit

ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships are available.
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansWyncode offers different financing alternatives. Please ask our admissions team for more details.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military Scholarship Available
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students
  • Graduate
    - 3/29/2019
    Kevin Choi  User Photo
    Kevin Choi • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Wyncode is the best Full Stack Dev Bootcamp out there. The learning environment is very positive and Wyncode culture is amazing. I learned so much and it was one of the best experiences I've had.

• Natalie Dinkins   User Photo
    Natalie Dinkins • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Wyncode is worth the investment.  From day one, I received guidance and support from the staff.  The culture there is one of inclusion and encouragement.  The curriculum is challenging, but you will leave with the confidence that you need to break into the tech industry.

• Awesome School
    - 3/29/2019
    Rian Laney  User Photo
    Rian Laney • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

So much better than youtube videos, Wyncode is more than a bootcamp its a wynfam. The job support afterward is where your money is going to be well spent.

• Knowledge is Power
    - 3/28/2019
    Anthony Cook  User Photo
    Anthony Cook • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I tell people that I'm a programmer, I often tell them that they could be programmers, too. And their response is typically some variation of "Nah, I'm not cut out for that stuff. I couldn’t do it."

This perception of programming as some esoteric craft, inaccessible to the common folk— a self-defeating outlook —is a notion that Wyncode actively works to destroy.

Wyncode’s teaching philosophy posits that the only limits that exist on your ability to learn, grow, and achieve, are the limits that you place there yourself.

I attended Wyncode as a business student and former journalist. Programming and computer science were the furthest things from my established skillset, I promise.

But I learned. I learned from Auston, an instructor who was entirely self-taught and yet is an absolute master in his own right.

I learned from an incredible group of teaching assistants who knew the subject matter thoroughly and would never leave you without imparting some new, valuable piece of knowledge. And when needed, the non-technical staff provided motivation, moral support, and structural comfort.

I learned how to build full-stack applications and to write and speak code, the language of computers and the World Wide Web, the language of all the miracles of the modern age that we take for granted. These are very valuable skills.

If it were up to me, I’d put a Wyncode in every neighborhood.

A few things:

• It’s not easy. It’s called a boot camp for a reason. Expect to completely lose ten weeks of your life – and expect a few very long nights. Weekends are fair game, too. “Wynbase” may become your home away from home for a bit (just try to keep your clothes on).
    • You should prepare. Visit codeacademy.com. Do the HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Ruby courses. And then go ahead and do them again. Also, learn how to use your command line. All of this stuff is taught at Wyncode, but it would behoove you to become somewhat comfortable with your terminal, data types and basic syntax beforehand – I promise it’s pretty straightforward stuff.
    • You’ll note that some people pick it up faster than others. That’s okay. Just practice.
    • Career services are offered in perpetuity after graduation. Fun fact: you paid for that, whether you take advantage or not.
    • Scholarships and financing are available.
    • You’ll learn a few non-technical skills. Public speaking, modern (Agile) project management practices, interviewing, resume/portfolio building, social media.

One last thing - if you think you're "not cut out" for programming, please understand that life is a constant stream of new experiences and new information. Learning is not an objective, it is a fundamental necessity of your humanity.

I believe that some of the most successful people in this world have actively chosen what they want to learn and experience. I believe we all make these choices, whether we’re aware of them or not.

I implore you to choose wisely.

• Developer
    - 3/26/2019
    Stephen Levitin  User Photo
    Stephen Levitin • developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to become a developer in 2018 to further my career in music and technology.  I did a lot of research and found Wyncode Academy to be the friendlist, most community oriented coding bootcamp in Miami.  The education I recieved at Wyncode to become a full stack developer was amazing.  I took the 10 week full time course, and found a job as a developer within a few months of graduating.  The best part for me was the job support that I got after I graduated.  They helped me become prepared for the job search and interviews, and helped find a job for me.  I highly reoccoemend joining the Wyncode family and feel like they have a lot of support from the education side to the job placement side.  There were plenty of teachers and TA's to help, as well as the alumni of Wyncode which I am now proudly a part of.  If you want to become a developer, even with no previous experience, Wyncode can prepare you for that journey.

• Wyncode Grad
    - 3/18/2019
    Vanessa Madrazo   User Photo
    Vanessa Madrazo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before coming to Wyncode, I worked at a non-profit. I chose Wyncode because I felt welcome at events such as Pitch Night, workshops, and Portfolio Night. At these events, it was very easy to strike up a conversation with someone and talk to them about their experience. They always had such positive things to say about Wyncode and even let me know about scholarship opportunities. After completing the application process, I joined Cohort 5 of Wyncode's UX/UI Immersive Boot Camp this January. My colleagues are very supportive and our instructor Gessica Tortolano is nothing short of amazing. Furthermore, the Wyncode commnity is extremely supportive, especially the instructors and teaching staff. It is hard work but there is assitance available throughout the process.

• On Second Thought
    - 3/13/2019
    Nate M.  User Photo
    Nate M. • Student Verified via GitHub

I will say that the evironment at Wyncode was asewome. The staff themselves were all amazing individuals. My situation and circumstances were I admit unsual for the typical student.  In the end they decided to dismiss me from the program.  to state the character of the organization, they offered my a refund. the terms of the agreement they offered was that I couldn't post an honest review of my time at Wyncode. I was told that it was there right as an organization to control the opinion of others about there organization. So first off dont believe all of the reviews you see about this program. My intial thoughts were that this was an awesome program and that it was an amazing program. I f you feel like an outsider and dont know if you will fit in to this evironment. I suggest you look elsewhere. It's common knowledge and a running joke that you spend so much time in the space that it's seems like a cult. I can attest that it isn't, it requires alot of har work to complete the program. However the reference does also apply to the quality of individual that they allow to complete tthe program. From my experience is your not the quality of individual that meets there standard the will find a way to terminate you from the program. They statistics the claim are becuase the curate the results.  I had both a very positive and very negative experience at Wyncode.

The materials are put together by previous students which is a both intriuging but honestly it need alot more work before it ready to be considered a cirriculum.

If your a college grad looking to switch careers this is a great program. However, if you are working a dead end job and want to swtich careers and have a better life i would avoid this program at all costs

Response From: Francis Martinez of Wyncode
    Title: Director of Admissions
    Wednesday, Mar 13 2019
    Dear Nate,

Thank you for sharing your review. We recognize the struggle you are currently facing in your personal life, and thus, understand that it was  extremely challenging for you to find the balance necessary to match  the demands of our rigorous program.

When we learned about your situation, we took it upon ourselves to help and support you as much as possible - as this is the spirit of our school and within our core values: we strive to help all individuals in our community to better themselves through education and collaboration. In doing so, we were flexible to allow you to re-enter our program, even after you had dropped out on two separate occasions. We tried accommodating your situation with extraordinary measures (which we have not offered to any other students in the past) because we understood that you were facing extraordinary circumstances yourself, thus, you were allowed to attend several different cohorts and as a team, we came together to fundraise a discretionary allowance with the hopes that it would help support you in your time of need.

Wyncode Academy feels confident that as a team, we did everything in our power to to help you successfully complete the program - unfortunately, once your academic performance dropped well below our minimum requirements for a third time and your conduct became disruptive to other students in the program, we had no choice but to withdraw your participation in the full time program. Making this choice was a very difficult one for Wyncode, but it was one we had to make to ensure the quality of the experience and the success of our students.

Wyncode is proud of the way in which we attempted to handle this difficult situation, but understand how disappointing it must feel on your side. Although we went above and beyond to try to help, ultimately it did not work out and we are disappointed in that too.

Nonetheless, we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

• Wyncode does not promise any kind of starting salary for junior developers upon graduating. Through Wyntalent we support the career path of all of our students in whichever role or for any opportunity that works best for them.
    • Teaching Assistants are not taken into consideration in our placement rate - which is audited by a third party provider, before being published.
    • In 2017, Wyncode Academy achieved a 90% job placement rate.
  • Robert  User Photo
    Robert • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just completed the 10-week full stack course at Wyncode in Miami, FL.  It was a great experience, and I learned a lot more than I thought possible in 10 weeks.  Looking back at what I knew before I arrived, and what I know now is incredible.

Wyncode Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduated. 85% of graduates were job-seeking and 86% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $52,669. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 161 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/