wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps based in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on JavaScript, HTML, Rails, jQuery, Ruby, CSS, and React.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, jQuery, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 750+ graduates and 350+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (291) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (34) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Ruby
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 500 alumni who have been hired at over 250 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit

ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships are available.
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansWyncode offers different financing alternatives. Please ask our admissions team for more details.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military Scholarship Available
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students

• Isabel V. • Graduate

This program is 10 weeks. The first 5 is front and the seconf half is backend. Any "bootcamp" is ofcourse not easy, but Wyncode offers optimal support. The professors are always available and they also have teaching assistants who have graduated in the sme program so it super convenient. The program manager is nice. The founders are there sometimes and it never feels weird. Overall the culture alone is really good. I joined with no technical background, just an interest and I was successfully able to complete the course. I worked a full-time job while completing this, which I don't recommend since you'll spend a good chunk of time on campus after hours and weekends for supplement learning. I had many sleepless nights but anything worth fighting for is worth working hard for.

• Ana Triana • Marketing Consultant + Web Developer • Graduate

I came to Wyncode with no code experince and in 15 weeks I learned HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, REACT and RUBY. The instructors are so supportive, the projects are challenging and force you to grow int this new position. I am not going to lie this is one of the hardest experirences I've ever been through. Yet the most rewarding in my profesional career. Now I start my journey as a full stack web developer and I can't wait. I highly recommend Wyncode. I would suggest that first you complete an online course to get your feet wet, since the material your diving into can be extremely overwhelming at first! If you really like computers you can do this!

• Alicia Piedra • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

Wyncode was life changing, as a person that came straight from high school. I definetely learned more in ten weeks then in four years. I fell in love with the school, my classmates, and staff. They are super supportive and always ready to help. Especially the TA's, even when they're not working you can always slack them for help and they'll always get back to you as soon as they can. I would 100% recommend Wyncode to anyone that truly wants to become a coder.

• Wyncode
    - 1/2/2019
    Sean McDonnell • Graduate

I had a positive experience at Wyncode. It was a firehose of knowledge. I wish I had done more prep work leading into the bootcamp, I felt like I was playing a lot of catchup in the beginning.

Pitching my idea with a team who elected to be a part of a "Acorns for Bitcoin" app was an exiliarting and satisfying feeling I'll never forget. The relationships I made, the tools and tricks I learned here helped jumpstart a career in freelance web development.

I highly recommend Wyncode.

• Great experience
    - 12/18/2018
    Ana • Graduate

I finished full-time UX UI designer course in September. Overall, it was a great experience. Gessica - teacher, and all teachers assistants were very supportive throughout the course and after course ended. Without any previous experience in design, in 8 weeks I gain a new set of skills and was able to get hired shortly after graduation. Also, they were very helpful with the whole job hunt process. Would definitely recommend!

• Great experience
    - 12/13/2018
    Yusra Khan • writer/ ux researcher • Graduate

I had no experience in ux or anything in tech. I read reviews about wyncode and spoke to Francis and decided to give it a go.  The start of class, I had no idea what even a ux strategy was, now 8 weeks later and thanks to Gessica (the head instructor of UX/UI) I am now a certified ux designer. I graduated in November and within a few weeks, I have had three interviews. Wyncode was a great experience and I truly believe I wouldn’t have been as successful if I went somewhere else.

• Andrew Mendosa • Associate Product Manager • Graduate

I'm a proud alum of Wyncode's UX/UI Immersive, having graduated in July of 2018. Going into the program, I had zero graphic design experience- to be honest I had only learned of what UX/UI was a few months before applying! The bulk of my professional background was in youth development and teaching (shout out to TFA). I left the classroom in 2016 to join forces with my wife in helping to run the small culinary business she established in South Florida. As a teacher and then as Creative Director for my wife's business, I developed strong research and communication skills, including a keen ability to empathize with my students and later on with our customers. I'm saying all of this because those are the skill sets that I carried with me to Wyncode's program, those are the skills that I leaned on during the program, and those are the skills that landed me the position I'm currently enjoying- Associate Product Manager for a cloud communications company in South Florida.

The learning curve was steep- but I think you have to expect that in a boot camp classroom setting. There are boatloads of information that you will be presented with daily in class. I think it’s imperative to absorb what you can and not set unrealistic expectations of yourself.... you will NOT be a UX/UI guru at the end of the program. Wyncode provides a very solid foundation of basic UX/UI principles, and then it’s up to you to continue practicing and developing those.

The instructor, Gessica, pours out her heart and soul into the class. Given my background in education, I really valued her energy level and passion for the subject matter. The TAs provide added support and guidance during labs. One area for improvement would be additional TAs to ensure more direct (1 on 1) support.

One of the Wyncode's strongest areas is undoubtedly the job placement component. The fact that they guarantee job support for life is pretty dam remarkable! As with the classroom experience, you will get out what you put in (same goes for life!). There are multiple opportunities on a weekly basis to check-in and get structured support during your job search. I do wish that Wyncode were able to keep their relationship with Career Score, as the services they (Career Score) provided were phenomenal.

In summary, if you are a focused, curious, open-minded go-getter, I would 100% recommend Wyncode's UX/UI program. It will challenge you. It will change you. It will empower you.

wordsmith out !

• Marc Freiman • Graduate

It has now been over two months since I finished Wyncode's Full Stack Web Development program, and I can honestly say that it was one of the greatest educational experiences of my life.

The sense of community that the people (both past, current) at Wyncode is incredible. It is incredible how the success of one of the students, alumn, or staff is celebrated and credited to their peers.

The curriculum is intense, demanding and time consuming. So definitely be ready to make this your full time job for 10 weeks if you're thinking of attending the program.This is not to say that you won't have help along the way. The TA's at Wyncode are always willing to help you (all you have to do is ask).

It is important to say that people should NOT expect Wyncode to get you a job, they have an amazing hiring network and will always support you with CV reviews, opening leads and introductions, but as it should be, it is the student who has to do the heavy lifting when applying and interviewing.

• Ethel J • Software Developer • Graduate

I don’t want to sound like every other review by just saying Wyncode is life changing. Don't get me wrong, it is, but here is the reality of it:

How i got there ...
    I studied economics in college and worked in banking for a while. I later went on to get my MBA and tried out entreprenurship. It was all going pretty great but I always had this itch inside me to try out coding. When the opportunity arose for me to take a few months off, i thought why not? 13 weeks and i'm a coder!

The reality ...
    Within the first 2 weeks at Wyncode, I felt like I was in way over my head. I was experiencing a constant self doubt and there were many times where I felt like quitting… but I didn’t. One of the things that kept me from doing that was the daily morning sessions they give on how to develop a growth mindset. It really helps change the way you perceive things and also helps overcome the dreadful "imposter syndrome" (you'll see what I mean). I'm going to be completely honest, the classes are extremely challenging and you will need to put in many hours of your own time on this, but there's always help available to you from the TA’s. However, don’t take this help expecting to have your hand held. What the teachers and TA's want is for you to try to figure things out on your own because that’s what you need to ultimately become,
    a great problem solver. So, I eventually graduated a few weeks later and I thought, WOW I made it! But then, the looming thought in the back of my head was now screaming at me -- What now? Well, that was another great thing, they have job placement resources too. With all the events, training and help from them, within 1-2 months I was able to land a job as a dev at a really cool cloud communications company.

So, I don’t want to sound like every other review ... but theres a reason why they’re all saying the same thing.

• It's a no-brainer
    - 11/28/2018
    Lauren • Product Designer (UX+UI) • Graduate

So you're sitting around trying to decide if you should do the Wyncode UX/UI Immersive program. The answer is that you absolutely should. You're probably thinking:

• Q: Can I really learn enough in 8 weeks to get me started in the industry?
      • A: Yes, you can learn that and more. The curriculum is hefty but digestible and the class projects reinforce what you've learned.
    • Q: I don't know anything about design, will I be successful in the course?
      • A: Yes, you will be. You don't need any prior experience going into the program. The amazing instructor, Gessica, and the awesome TAs will give their all to make sure that you're grasping the concepts and excelling with the content. People in my cohort didn't even know what UX/UI was and now they talk about it like they've been pros for years.
    • Q:  Can I really afford this?
      • A: Yes, you can. Women can apply for the Women in Tech Scholarship. Wyncode also works with companies that offer financing options to take the stress out of the $$ aspect.
    • Q: Will I fit in?
      • A: Yes. Everyone who walks through the Wyncode doors feels at home. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, my classmates became instant close friends and in no time I thought of everyone as family.
    • Q:  What sets Wyncode apart from other coding bootcamps in Miami?
      • A: A few things. 1. Gessica, the instructor is mind-blowing. She is so knowledgeable, patient and fun to work with. She's a UX og and knows the industry inside and out. 2. They teach you how to properly convey your process and tell your story, which is what gets you hired in the end. 3. They have a hub where designers and developers can work together under one roof. 4. They have a full team committed to career resources, and they are absolutely amazing.
    • Q: What am I waiting for?
      • A: I literally have no idea. Apply today! You won't regret it.
  • Adrian Monasterios • Graduate

I just finished the full time Full Stack Web Development and I have to say I couldn't be more proud of being part of this community! The whole staff is amazing. Teachers and TAs are always there to help you. The environment is incredible. I won't lie, there are moments that you get very frustrated, but Wyncode helps you push through and learn how to learn. That's probably the best tool they teach you. I now feel able to build any app. Besides you have an incredible team that helps you find jobs and prepare you continuosly to be prepared for the interviews.

• Incredible Academy
    - 11/22/2018
    Ricardo f Aviles • Full Stack web Developer • Student

When I hear and coding academy that can bring you from zero to Developer oh boy they are not lying, I enjoy my time learing this amazing skill that they help you equiped into the new jorney.

• Adam Noah • Graduate

The environment is absolutely amazing. Wyncode not only equiped us with the ablity to code, but also with a new perspective in learning. Never Stop Learning is the moto. Bria started off by teaching us the importance of a growth mindset, and I will take that with me everywhere I go. Big thanks to the Wyncode team, I'm happy with my decision coming here!

• Great experience!
    - 11/20/2018
    Tatyana • Graduate

Great opportunity to start a new career path. Fun and friendly environment with teaching assistants who are always happy to help. Amazing and charismatic UX/UI teacher! I definitely can recommend Wyncode Academy to others with pleasure and with no doubt. I am very excited to start my new career as a UX/UI designer and, I feel confident about finding a job.

• Tommy • Software Enginner / Teaching Assistant • Graduate

Wyncode has been one of the best experiences of my life. Whether it be the curriculum, the instructors, the staff, or the job support. Wyncode excels at delivering on it's promise to their students. As a graduate of the University of Miami's  School of Business, I can say that a standard 4-year degree is indeed valuable, however it definitely did not prepare me for the job search / experience post graduation. But at Wyncode, I was able to learn the pratical skills needed to land myself a full-time position in just a matter of 10 weeks. Coding experience or not, it doesn't matter, Wyncode has tailored their curriculum so that even beginners will be able to grasp and understand the material readily.

Even after graduating from Wyncode, I still recieved continual support from the staff. As I was applying to jobs and meeting with their hiring partners, several instructors made sure to prep me for each respective interview so that I was fully prepared for what i'd be walking into. I loved the program, I would reccomend to anyone / everyone with a desire to grow and dedication torwards learning.

• UX UI Designer
    - 10/28/2018
    Rachelle • UX/UI Designer • Graduate

My time at Wyncode gave me the skills and confidence I needed to pursue a new career path - and succeed in finding work soon after graduation. The entire Wyncode experience is amazing - from the incredibly devoted staff to the awesome setting of being in Wynwood. I 100% recommend this school!

• Rumen Todorov • Graduate

Wyncode is great! Best decision I've ever made. The team is very supportive and always available and approachable. They are just great. I'm  now happy to be a part of the Wynfamily. Gratitude to all!

• I learned a lot.
    - 10/9/2018
    Clara Kohn • UX Designer • Student

I really enjoyed my Wyncode experience. The teacher is very knowledgeable, approachable and patient. You really get what you put into it like most education programs. I immersed myself in the program and dedicated my life to the bootcamp for those 8 weeks. In doing that I got the most out of the teacher, guest speakers and my peers. I will say that related previous careers like design, psychology, information architecture, software development, etc will help you out a lot more than if you have no related previous experience. The only bad thing I can say about the program is that it's marketed as a education-to-hire, and this is not the case. There's no guaranteed job at the end of the program. You have to work and network in order to get a job in a new industry (if that's the case), but it's the same concept as in the program itself, you have to work hard and be passionate about it.

• Mohamed Nazim • Web Developer • Student

Wyncode is the best bootcamp in South Florida!!! I visited other competing bootcamps and I can tell you that Wyncode has the best teaching staff and everyone is super friendly. I did their full stack program and after graduation I found a job through their hiring connections right away. The skills that you gain are incredable and you will always feel challenged, no matter what skill level you start with. Wyncode is absolutely the best and they have the biggest network of South Florida!

• Career-changer
    - 8/8/2018
    Natalia P • Integration Developer • Graduate

Before Wyncode I was a teacher, I was introduced to coding then and decided to take a chance and pursue software development full time. Enrolling in Wyncode was the best decision I ever made.

The program is quite rigorous; however, they give you the tools to become a great developer. DO ALL THE HOMEWORK, and cherish Angel, Don, Tim, Andy, and Miguel. They will fight for you, you have to be willing to put in the time in order to succeed. It was truly an amazing experience; I'm finally excited about my career and my future. Thanks to Wyncode.

• N. Alejandra Estevez • Graduate

This is a long review but please hear me out...or you'll skip out on the scholarship at the end.

I had the immense opportunity to join Wyncode in the summer of 2016 (cohort X) for the full-stack web immersive program when it was still 9-weeks long. Although the school has grown and changed quite a bit since then, there are still many things I can share about the experience...since, of course, it was so memorable.

Don't get me wrong,...it was definitely a challenging experience but a personal one every student had to go through. Despite the crunch of learning so many skills in 9 weeks (now the curriculum is 10 weeks), it certainly filled a lot of gaps in my self-education. The last few weeks were the most difficult as I had to wrap my head around advanced concepts in a short amount of time, like being given one day to just pick up ajax or authentication. Practice is key though. In the last week, in preparation for Pitch Day, there were limited TAs available to help, which at the same time, may have been a good thing because you were forced to be creative with the final app to make things work.

One of the main reasons why I chose Wyncode was for its well structured curriculum and the support not only from the instructor and TAs but also from the other students, surprisingly. I got my first impression when I went to Pitch Day of cohort 9 and felt the enthusiasm and energy of accomplishment from the group. It was as if they all had been on the best ride of their lives. However, it wasn't until I actually started the program that I experienced the same sensations and reaped up all the benefits, some of which I'll share with you now.

Ruby is definitely an easy language to learn and although, it may not be as in-demand as other languages, I think it was a good choice that Wyncode made for students who are spanking brand new to coding. Later on, I would use the programming concepts I learned with Ruby when working with python and javascript.

Second

I, personally, loved the one-on-ones, the morning briefs and the group self-reflection meetings held frequently. As introvert as I am sometimes, it gave me an opportunity to self-reflect, help others, confess challenges (whether personal or coding-related) within the group and contribute to the improvement of the learning experience. With the cohort's feedback, Wyncode coordinators made adjustments sometimes and I think that was very wise for a coding bootcamp to do that.

Third

I think it is very important that teaching/mentoring be in a way that guides students to think for themselves on how to come up with solutions to problems. That way, it stimulates creative juices. This is one of the reasons why I enjoyed the one-on-ones so much. Of course, you also have to have the drive and determination of trying to understand what you cannot understand (temporarily), but it helps that the TAs don't go straight into giving out the answers ...neither do they spoon-feed. They question your decisions and force you to take time to let things sink and let the lightbulb turn on naturally.

Fourth

I like the diversity of activities. One day, we were given the opportunity to do some quality testing on an iOS app, ...another day, we had a networking opportunity with a Wyncode partner, ...another day, we had a shindig at the wynwood yard, ...another day, we had a Friends & Family event to present our first app. It was never a boring moment.

Fifth

Wyncode partners are many and there's definitely many opportunities to get employed even before graduating, provided you put in the research and are interested in working for them. However, before and after graduation, you also have free access to Wynwork, a bi-weekly job support session that helps Wyncoders with interviews, resumes, negotiations, etc. I went to a few sessions before I left for a master degree program abroad and I can say first hand that the resources and advice they provide is very valuable. The more you go, the better it is to get in the right mindset and in preparation to present well,...the business of you.

So... all in all, you are what you make of it. If you're ready to take the next step in creating web apps or making them intuitive and interactive with UI/UX design, Wyncode is it.

Before you enroll, just fill out this form and you'll receive a partial scholarship. On top of that...you don't have to pay tuition back until you're employed. Whoop! Whoop!

Feel free to reach out to me on twitter @naestevez if you have any questions. :)

• Good Experience
    - 4/10/2018
    Drew • Ruby on Rails Application Developer • Graduate

Overall Wyncode was great.  The staff could not be more driven to see their students succeed.  The course is a little overwhelming at times, but their is always someone available to assist, even on the weekends.

• Wyncode Graduate
    - 4/6/2018
    Nashira Emery

Faculty at Wyncode Academy was encouraging and gave me all the tools I needed to succeed. Shortly after graduating I received a great opportunity with GE. Every step of the way, from Admissions to Pitch Day, and even after, was filled with support. I had no prior experience in Computer Science before Wyncode. This is an intensive curriculum that taught me to code and share valuable soft skills as well. Attending Wyncode Academy was one of the best decisions I ever made.

• Shoshana Meltzer • Graduate

I was looking for a school for coding and feel extremely lucky to have found Wyncode. The school is like a family! Everyone is there to help you learn and make sure you succeed. Ed the main instructor is a coding genius but at the same time an amazing teacher that has so much patience for every student. The TAs are always available, guiding  and giving extra help. The school is built around making sure the students are understanding what they are learning but that they are also in a comfortable and happy environment. I strongly recommend Wyncode and feel lucky and proud to be part of the Wynfamily!

• Wyncode is amazing
    - 3/19/2018
    Alejandro Arcos • Graduate

I just graduated from Wyncode and it was an amazing experience. The high quality of the instructors combined with the well planned lectures and the unconditional assistance of the TAs make Wyncode a great school. I feel the tools acquired during the course are super powerfull to getting started as a Web Developer. Thank you Wynfam, especially Ed, Angel, Don, Henry, Israel, Cece.

Wyncode Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduated. 85% of graduates were job-seeking and 86% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $52,669. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 161 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/