wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps based in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on JavaScript, HTML, Rails, jQuery, Ruby, CSS, and React.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, jQuery, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 750+ graduates and 350+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.73

all (284) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (33) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Ruby
    Start Date April 6, 2020
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 500 alumni who have been hired at over 250 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit

ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships are available.
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, User Experience Design
    Start Date April 6, 2020
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansWyncode offers different financing alternatives. Please ask our admissions team for more details.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military Scholarship Available
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020

• Marc Freiman • Graduate

It has now been over two months since I finished Wyncode's Full Stack Web Development program, and I can honestly say that it was one of the greatest educational experiences of my life.

The sense of community that the people (both past, current) at Wyncode is incredible. It is incredible how the success of one of the students, alumn, or staff is celebrated and credited to their peers.

The curriculum is intense, demanding and time consuming. So definitely be ready to make this your full time job for 10 weeks if you're thinking of attending the program.This is not to say that you won't have help along the way. The TA's at Wyncode are always willing to help you (all you have to do is ask).

It is important to say that people should NOT expect Wyncode to get you a job, they have an amazing hiring network and will always support you with CV reviews, opening leads and introductions, but as it should be, it is the student who has to do the heavy lifting when applying and interviewing.

• Ethel J • Software Developer • Graduate

I don’t want to sound like every other review by just saying Wyncode is life changing. Don't get me wrong, it is, but here is the reality of it:

How i got there ...
    I studied economics in college and worked in banking for a while. I later went on to get my MBA and tried out entreprenurship. It was all going pretty great but I always had this itch inside me to try out coding. When the opportunity arose for me to take a few months off, i thought why not? 13 weeks and i'm a coder!

The reality ...
    Within the first 2 weeks at Wyncode, I felt like I was in way over my head. I was experiencing a constant self doubt and there were many times where I felt like quitting… but I didn’t. One of the things that kept me from doing that was the daily morning sessions they give on how to develop a growth mindset. It really helps change the way you perceive things and also helps overcome the dreadful "imposter syndrome" (you'll see what I mean). I'm going to be completely honest, the classes are extremely challenging and you will need to put in many hours of your own time on this, but there's always help available to you from the TA’s. However, don’t take this help expecting to have your hand held. What the teachers and TA's want is for you to try to figure things out on your own because that’s what you need to ultimately become,
    a great problem solver. So, I eventually graduated a few weeks later and I thought, WOW I made it! But then, the looming thought in the back of my head was now screaming at me -- What now? Well, that was another great thing, they have job placement resources too. With all the events, training and help from them, within 1-2 months I was able to land a job as a dev at a really cool cloud communications company.

So, I don’t want to sound like every other review ... but theres a reason why they’re all saying the same thing.

• It's a no-brainer
    - 11/28/2018
    Lauren • Product Designer (UX+UI) • Graduate

So you're sitting around trying to decide if you should do the Wyncode UX/UI Immersive program. The answer is that you absolutely should. You're probably thinking:

• Q: Can I really learn enough in 8 weeks to get me started in the industry?
      • A: Yes, you can learn that and more. The curriculum is hefty but digestible and the class projects reinforce what you've learned.
    • Q: I don't know anything about design, will I be successful in the course?
      • A: Yes, you will be. You don't need any prior experience going into the program. The amazing instructor, Gessica, and the awesome TAs will give their all to make sure that you're grasping the concepts and excelling with the content. People in my cohort didn't even know what UX/UI was and now they talk about it like they've been pros for years.
    • Q:  Can I really afford this?
      • A: Yes, you can. Women can apply for the Women in Tech Scholarship. Wyncode also works with companies that offer financing options to take the stress out of the $$ aspect.
    • Q: Will I fit in?
      • A: Yes. Everyone who walks through the Wyncode doors feels at home. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, my classmates became instant close friends and in no time I thought of everyone as family.
    • Q:  What sets Wyncode apart from other coding bootcamps in Miami?
      • A: A few things. 1. Gessica, the instructor is mind-blowing. She is so knowledgeable, patient and fun to work with. She's a UX og and knows the industry inside and out. 2. They teach you how to properly convey your process and tell your story, which is what gets you hired in the end. 3. They have a hub where designers and developers can work together under one roof. 4. They have a full team committed to career resources, and they are absolutely amazing.
    • Q: What am I waiting for?
      • A: I literally have no idea. Apply today! You won't regret it.
  • Adrian Monasterios • Graduate

I just finished the full time Full Stack Web Development and I have to say I couldn't be more proud of being part of this community! The whole staff is amazing. Teachers and TAs are always there to help you. The environment is incredible. I won't lie, there are moments that you get very frustrated, but Wyncode helps you push through and learn how to learn. That's probably the best tool they teach you. I now feel able to build any app. Besides you have an incredible team that helps you find jobs and prepare you continuosly to be prepared for the interviews.

• Incredible Academy
    - 11/22/2018
    Ricardo f Aviles • Full Stack web Developer • Student

When I hear and coding academy that can bring you from zero to Developer oh boy they are not lying, I enjoy my time learing this amazing skill that they help you equiped into the new jorney.

• Adam Noah • Graduate

The environment is absolutely amazing. Wyncode not only equiped us with the ablity to code, but also with a new perspective in learning. Never Stop Learning is the moto. Bria started off by teaching us the importance of a growth mindset, and I will take that with me everywhere I go. Big thanks to the Wyncode team, I'm happy with my decision coming here!

• Great experience!
    - 11/20/2018
    Tatyana • Graduate

Great opportunity to start a new career path. Fun and friendly environment with teaching assistants who are always happy to help. Amazing and charismatic UX/UI teacher! I definitely can recommend Wyncode Academy to others with pleasure and with no doubt. I am very excited to start my new career as a UX/UI designer and, I feel confident about finding a job.

• Tommy • Software Enginner / Teaching Assistant • Graduate

Wyncode has been one of the best experiences of my life. Whether it be the curriculum, the instructors, the staff, or the job support. Wyncode excels at delivering on it's promise to their students. As a graduate of the University of Miami's  School of Business, I can say that a standard 4-year degree is indeed valuable, however it definitely did not prepare me for the job search / experience post graduation. But at Wyncode, I was able to learn the pratical skills needed to land myself a full-time position in just a matter of 10 weeks. Coding experience or not, it doesn't matter, Wyncode has tailored their curriculum so that even beginners will be able to grasp and understand the material readily.

Even after graduating from Wyncode, I still recieved continual support from the staff. As I was applying to jobs and meeting with their hiring partners, several instructors made sure to prep me for each respective interview so that I was fully prepared for what i'd be walking into. I loved the program, I would reccomend to anyone / everyone with a desire to grow and dedication torwards learning.

• UX UI Designer
    - 10/28/2018
    Rachelle • UX/UI Designer • Graduate

My time at Wyncode gave me the skills and confidence I needed to pursue a new career path - and succeed in finding work soon after graduation. The entire Wyncode experience is amazing - from the incredibly devoted staff to the awesome setting of being in Wynwood. I 100% recommend this school!

• Rumen Todorov • Graduate

Wyncode is great! Best decision I've ever made. The team is very supportive and always available and approachable. They are just great. I'm  now happy to be a part of the Wynfamily. Gratitude to all!

• I learned a lot.
    - 10/9/2018
    Clara Kohn • UX Designer • Student

I really enjoyed my Wyncode experience. The teacher is very knowledgeable, approachable and patient. You really get what you put into it like most education programs. I immersed myself in the program and dedicated my life to the bootcamp for those 8 weeks. In doing that I got the most out of the teacher, guest speakers and my peers. I will say that related previous careers like design, psychology, information architecture, software development, etc will help you out a lot more than if you have no related previous experience. The only bad thing I can say about the program is that it's marketed as a education-to-hire, and this is not the case. There's no guaranteed job at the end of the program. You have to work and network in order to get a job in a new industry (if that's the case), but it's the same concept as in the program itself, you have to work hard and be passionate about it.

• Mohamed Nazim • Web Developer • Student

Wyncode is the best bootcamp in South Florida!!! I visited other competing bootcamps and I can tell you that Wyncode has the best teaching staff and everyone is super friendly. I did their full stack program and after graduation I found a job through their hiring connections right away. The skills that you gain are incredable and you will always feel challenged, no matter what skill level you start with. Wyncode is absolutely the best and they have the biggest network of South Florida!

• Career-changer
    - 8/8/2018
    Natalia P • Integration Developer • Graduate

Before Wyncode I was a teacher, I was introduced to coding then and decided to take a chance and pursue software development full time. Enrolling in Wyncode was the best decision I ever made.

The program is quite rigorous; however, they give you the tools to become a great developer. DO ALL THE HOMEWORK, and cherish Angel, Don, Tim, Andy, and Miguel. They will fight for you, you have to be willing to put in the time in order to succeed. It was truly an amazing experience; I'm finally excited about my career and my future. Thanks to Wyncode.

• N. Alejandra Estevez • Graduate

This is a long review but please hear me out...or you'll skip out on the scholarship at the end.

I had the immense opportunity to join Wyncode in the summer of 2016 (cohort X) for the full-stack web immersive program when it was still 9-weeks long. Although the school has grown and changed quite a bit since then, there are still many things I can share about the experience...since, of course, it was so memorable.

Don't get me wrong,...it was definitely a challenging experience but a personal one every student had to go through. Despite the crunch of learning so many skills in 9 weeks (now the curriculum is 10 weeks), it certainly filled a lot of gaps in my self-education. The last few weeks were the most difficult as I had to wrap my head around advanced concepts in a short amount of time, like being given one day to just pick up ajax or authentication. Practice is key though. In the last week, in preparation for Pitch Day, there were limited TAs available to help, which at the same time, may have been a good thing because you were forced to be creative with the final app to make things work.

One of the main reasons why I chose Wyncode was for its well structured curriculum and the support not only from the instructor and TAs but also from the other students, surprisingly. I got my first impression when I went to Pitch Day of cohort 9 and felt the enthusiasm and energy of accomplishment from the group. It was as if they all had been on the best ride of their lives. However, it wasn't until I actually started the program that I experienced the same sensations and reaped up all the benefits, some of which I'll share with you now.

Ruby is definitely an easy language to learn and although, it may not be as in-demand as other languages, I think it was a good choice that Wyncode made for students who are spanking brand new to coding. Later on, I would use the programming concepts I learned with Ruby when working with python and javascript.

Second

I, personally, loved the one-on-ones, the morning briefs and the group self-reflection meetings held frequently. As introvert as I am sometimes, it gave me an opportunity to self-reflect, help others, confess challenges (whether personal or coding-related) within the group and contribute to the improvement of the learning experience. With the cohort's feedback, Wyncode coordinators made adjustments sometimes and I think that was very wise for a coding bootcamp to do that.

Third

I think it is very important that teaching/mentoring be in a way that guides students to think for themselves on how to come up with solutions to problems. That way, it stimulates creative juices. This is one of the reasons why I enjoyed the one-on-ones so much. Of course, you also have to have the drive and determination of trying to understand what you cannot understand (temporarily), but it helps that the TAs don't go straight into giving out the answers ...neither do they spoon-feed. They question your decisions and force you to take time to let things sink and let the lightbulb turn on naturally.

Fourth

I like the diversity of activities. One day, we were given the opportunity to do some quality testing on an iOS app, ...another day, we had a networking opportunity with a Wyncode partner, ...another day, we had a shindig at the wynwood yard, ...another day, we had a Friends & Family event to present our first app. It was never a boring moment.

Fifth

Wyncode partners are many and there's definitely many opportunities to get employed even before graduating, provided you put in the research and are interested in working for them. However, before and after graduation, you also have free access to Wynwork, a bi-weekly job support session that helps Wyncoders with interviews, resumes, negotiations, etc. I went to a few sessions before I left for a master degree program abroad and I can say first hand that the resources and advice they provide is very valuable. The more you go, the better it is to get in the right mindset and in preparation to present well,...the business of you.

So... all in all, you are what you make of it. If you're ready to take the next step in creating web apps or making them intuitive and interactive with UI/UX design, Wyncode is it.

Before you enroll, just fill out this form and you'll receive a partial scholarship. On top of that...you don't have to pay tuition back until you're employed. Whoop! Whoop!

Feel free to reach out to me on twitter @naestevez if you have any questions. :)

• Good Experience
    - 4/10/2018
    Drew • Ruby on Rails Application Developer • Graduate

Overall Wyncode was great.  The staff could not be more driven to see their students succeed.  The course is a little overwhelming at times, but their is always someone available to assist, even on the weekends.

• Wyncode Graduate
    - 4/6/2018
    Nashira Emery

Faculty at Wyncode Academy was encouraging and gave me all the tools I needed to succeed. Shortly after graduating I received a great opportunity with GE. Every step of the way, from Admissions to Pitch Day, and even after, was filled with support. I had no prior experience in Computer Science before Wyncode. This is an intensive curriculum that taught me to code and share valuable soft skills as well. Attending Wyncode Academy was one of the best decisions I ever made.

• Shoshana Meltzer • Graduate

I was looking for a school for coding and feel extremely lucky to have found Wyncode. The school is like a family! Everyone is there to help you learn and make sure you succeed. Ed the main instructor is a coding genius but at the same time an amazing teacher that has so much patience for every student. The TAs are always available, guiding  and giving extra help. The school is built around making sure the students are understanding what they are learning but that they are also in a comfortable and happy environment. I strongly recommend Wyncode and feel lucky and proud to be part of the Wynfamily!

• Wyncode is amazing
    - 3/19/2018
    Alejandro Arcos • Graduate

I just graduated from Wyncode and it was an amazing experience. The high quality of the instructors combined with the well planned lectures and the unconditional assistance of the TAs make Wyncode a great school. I feel the tools acquired during the course are super powerfull to getting started as a Web Developer. Thank you Wynfam, especially Ed, Angel, Don, Henry, Israel, Cece.

• Wyn at Wyncode
    - 3/1/2018
    Maria Vizcaino • QA Analyst • Student

Wyncode embodies "boot camp" to the T. Since day one, they were explicit that the only way to make it out successful is to give it your all. It wasn't possible without their support and push through the entire experience. Their Operations Director, Bianca was a huge support through my experience. She would give us pep talks every morning to push us through the day. She taught us growth mindset and agile practices. In addition, my lead instructor Ed provided us with in-depth information on the topics we'd learn. He provided notes and references and we'd also code along with him. We had homework every day for 6 weeks straight. They provide us with TA assistance every day and weekends. Week 7 - 10 we are working on our final projects.
    The location, environment, and staff make this school ordinary. Its been my most rewarding accomplishment ever! I recommend it 1000%, yes one thousand!
    As for cons... I don't have any, we have coffee, cold brew, tea and snacks on campus 24/hr campus access and 24/hr online support.

Thank you Wyncode for changing my life for the better!

• Incredible
    - 2/16/2018
    Raul Martinez • Front-End Developer • Graduate

I joined Wyncode because I was very unhappy with the career field I was in and wanted something drastically different. I had an interest in code but did not have the time to pursue it with my work schedule, I thought about joining for over a year until finally the right opportunity came up and I signed up for the full-time course. The experience was life changing, being able to show up every day and work on learning code was the best option for me. It allowed me to completely dedicate myself to improving a skill for 10 weeks. The staff and other students at Wyncode have become like a second family, and I would not have been able to learn everything I learned without them. After the course, I worked with the Hiring Director at Wyncode to secure interviews and get introductions to hiring managers. Within 3 months I was able to land a job as a Front-End Developer for a large corporation.

- 2/13/2018
    Alex Soto

Wyncode is great and the curriculum is awesome!  I have to name drop because I owe my success to a few people who went above and beyond.  Angel is an instructor there and is one of the most real people I've met.  Angel strolls in a little earlier than he's supposed to and stays a little later as well.  The man always has a smile on his face and won't hesitate to support you in your toughest week emotionally or technically.  The other two names are the dynamic TA duo Patricio and Keith.  These two will help with any problems you have, continue to help after they've left and will follow up with you even on their days off.  They are another of the most genuine people I've met in my experience. Thank you Wyncode!

• Wynperience
    - 2/11/2018
    Reeann Hansen • Graduate

A month after completing the full-time web immersive course and I am grateful to be working full time for a tech company in Miami while still learning so much everyday. Wyncode not only taught me the foundations of programming but equipped us with the ability to continue on our solo mission moving forward.

There are definitely moments of frustration and doubt where it is up to you to determine your weak areas and utilize the abundance of resources at hand to get you over the hump - whether it be spending an extra 20-30 minutes with the TAs or supplementing your homework with an online track.

One of my favorite things about Wyncode is how connected it is to the local tech community. I walked out with a good understanding of what is going on in Miami and what we can look forward to in the tech space, in large part due to Wyncode’s contribution.

• Wyncoding
    - 2/9/2018
    Nick C • Graduate

Wyncode provides the direction, skill and infrastructure for anyone interested in beginning a journey into the coding world. The instructors and TAs are excellent guides, and the entire Wynfam is extremely supportive.

• Luis Thomas • Graduate

I had a great experience at Wyncode Academy. The staff at Wyncode are incredibly supportive of the students throughout the course. I had Ed Toro as my instructor and he was fantastic. Ed is very intelligent, patient, and is always helping out his students even after graduation. Wyncode has great teaching assistants and instructors there ready to help out however they can. They teach coding best practices as well as agile development best practices and how to work in developer teams. They also teach business acumen such as how to network, do well in interviews, and what to expect in a tech position. Wyncode assists students in finding employment as well as providing interviews with hiring partners during the cohort. Their job assistance is permanent so a student has it available at any point after graduation. I had an amazing and supportive cohort. My classmates were so supportive of each other throughout the entire 11 weeks, and I'm certain that I'll remain friends with them for years to come.

TAKE THE PRE-WORK SERIOUSLY. It's going to make your time at Wyncode easier in the beginning. And don't stop at just the pre-work. Look at plenty of tutorials on Ruby on Rails, Javascript, HTML, CSS, and command line. Use codeacademy, treehouse, Udemy, as well as other online tutorials (such as youtube, freecodecamp, edx, https://learntocodewith.me/posts/code-for-free/). You'll be able to pick up what they teach you a lot quicker if you have a stronger foundation. Understand that what you put in is what you're going to get out.

There is free parking you just need to walk a couple of minutes around the block. The learning doesn't stop when you graduate. If you want to become a successful developer, expect to put in the same effort and work you'll be putting in at Wyncode after you graduate. Just about anyone can learn to code but, regardless of who they are or how intelligent they are, they have to work for it. I truly had an amazing experience at Wyncode and would recommend it to anyone.

• Mark R. • Business Intelligence Developer • Graduate

Similar to other reviewers, I had attempted several times to learn programming on my own through various online resources (coursera, treehouse, and codecademy), but I struggled to devote the necessary time. Learning a programming language is similar to picking up any other foreign language, it's significantly easier if you are fully immersed in it. While there are plenty of self-taught programmers, I think this is where Wyncode and bootcamps, in general, offer an advantage. Upon enrolling in Wyncode, you're surrounding yourself in the language of programming, from the concepts to the actual syntax.

The Positives:

- The staff. I had Auston as my lead instructor, who is immensely knowledgeable and bring plenty of impressive, real world experience to the course. Auston does a great job of teaching the conceptual / theoretical material and then tying it to back to tangible examples using anecdotes or stories from his experiences. The technique is very in keeping with Wyncode’s philosophy of developing successful coders with business acumen. Additionally, Wyncode’s many other instructors and Teaching Assistants are always around and offering help. Their backgrounds range from experienced, senior developers to recent graduates of the program.

- Job Assistance. I was fortunate enough to receive an offer before I graduated from the program as a result of Wyncode bringing in hiring partners for “mock” interviews during the final two weeks. While these are less formal than interviews you may experience after graduation, they are important and can result in job placement. This process does a great job of providing low-pressure opportunities to get experience in interviewing, as well as providing exposure to individuals and companies in the Miami tech scene.

- The curriculum. The course starts with Ruby. While it may not be the newest or most cutting-edge language, it is perfect for beginners. It is easy to read and has light syntax, making basic programming concepts (loops, variables, logic statements, etc.) easier to get comfortable with as you get started. Once you’ve gotten exposure to said concepts, the course moves onto JavaScript and then introduces the Rails framework.

The Negatives:

- The curriculum. There are aspects of the curriculum which I think could be better tuned. Given the diverse backgrounds of its cohorts, Wyncode’s curriculum can feel overwhelming to some and slow to others. Finding that balance is tough, but something I believe the staff could improve upon.

- The trivial. No parking, occasionally noisy next-door neighbors, potentially long commutes, poorly constructed homework assignments.

Overall, attending Wyncode was a very positive experience and worth the investment of both time and money. It has opened a lot of doors for me as well as providing a great foundation to continue to learn and explore concepts of interest.

Wyncode has an acceptance rate of 42%, of which 100% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduate. 75% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $52,669.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/