wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps based in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on JavaScript, HTML, Rails, jQuery, Ruby, CSS, and React.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, jQuery, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 750+ graduates and 350+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.73

all (284) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (33) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Ruby
    Start Date April 6, 2020
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 500 alumni who have been hired at over 250 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit

ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships are available.
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, User Experience Design
    Start Date April 6, 2020
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansWyncode offers different financing alternatives. Please ask our admissions team for more details.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military Scholarship Available
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020

• Maya Kano  User Photo
    Maya Kano • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Loved every week I had at Wyncode. Great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge in an industry that's filled with opportunities. The TAs and teachers are very helpful and knowledgeable at Wyncode. Very happy I attended.

• ryan  User Photo
    ryan • Full-stack web developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

There were many schools offering the coding expirience, and through talking with alumni and reviews online Wyncode was the best option to take. I enjoyed the teaching and curriculum was given, also the support was genuine and all the staff actually cared about my learning. Another thing I enjoyed was the people who joined. We were all on the same page and wanted to be the best we could be, not only with learning to code well but just giving all that we could. When being around like minded indiviuals it's really a boost for moral.

• Albert Fundora  User Photo
    Albert Fundora • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended this course 10 weeks ago. I had very little knowledge of code and how to write in certain languages. I am excited to have achieved and accomplished so much in the last 10 weeks. Trade schools such as Wyncode provide all the tools necessary to succeed, however, it is your responsibility to hustle. Go out there and show what you're worth in order to get what you're worth.

Learn to be comfortable at being uncomfortable. Put in the hours and you'll reap the rewards that this school has to offer.

• Great School
    - 1/4/2019
    Leo Policastro  User Photo
    Leo Policastro • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I couldn't be happier with my choice to join Wyncode Academy.  THey have some of the smartest people I have ever met on staff.

• Joel  User Photo
    Joel • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I am really grateful for the life changing resources Wyncode provided me in 2018. It seems like not to long ago when I was reading through these reviews praying for an opportunity to change my career, and here I am today. I graduated in July & was able to start my new career in November with a QA role. It was a privilege to learn coding, growth mindset, and about the tech ecosystem from an amazing team that has a contagious passion for what they do. My onboarding was smooth & possible thanks to Matt & Don. Had amazing instruction from Austin, Tim, Angel, Patricio and Andy. Had a ton of support and resources provided during the post graduation job hunt by Miguel, Beto, Milad, Kip, Johanna, and Juha. If you are considering making a career change this could be really your opportunity. Try learning a little about Object Oriented Programming while considering if this is for you(CodeAcademy has free beginner courses); Wyncode often has workshops that let you test the waters. Also, landing a job after graduation is not like magic, it requires patience, diligence, and a continual lifestyle of learning & coding. Prepare yourself financially should you decide to set apart this time in your life to change your career. Most importantly do all your prework & more. Post graduation advice would be to go to all the Wynworks & follow their advice/instruction. Thanks again to the entire Wyncode Team who made the beginning to this new journey possible.
  • Angel O. Mendez  User Photo
    Angel O. Mendez • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had a fantastic experience at Wyncode academy. The curriculum is designed around building real working projects and getting your hands dirty. For someone with very little modern coding experience (I'd only built a few HTML sites in the days of AOL & dialup), it was somewhat jarring to dive in head first, and my brain felt like a fried egg at first. As you progress through the course, though, it all starts to click. All in all, I would say that it was appropriately grueling in the best way. The instructors are brilliant and teaching assistants are knowledgable and always readily available to help you wrap your head around some of the more difficult concepts. The space is open 24 hours a day for current students who may want to hang around and code all night, as it can sometimes be distracting to work at home.

The highlight, however, is the amazing post-graduation career support. I have heard from graduates of other bootcamps that they learned a lot, but after graduation they were sent out into the industry with a pat on the back and very little assistance. Wyncode has a phenomenal network of hiring partners in South Florida (and a few abroad) who have hired many of their graduates, and that list continues to grow. The career support team is also very attentive and dedicated to help every graduate that is looking for work.

One last note is that Wyncode truly does feel like a tight-knit community or, perhaps, a family (at the risk of sounding overly sentimental). You will undoubtedly meet the founders of Wyncode during your time there, and they will help you with advice and even reaching out to employers on your behalf. All in all, this was a great experience and more personal than some of the bigger bootcamp "franchises" that open up shop all over the world.

• Adam Doak  User Photo
    Adam Doak Verified via GitHub

I just finished the 10 week Fulll Stack Web Development course and it was an amazing experience! I can't believe how much I learned in such a short amount of time. When they say full time, they're talking on the low end. Clear your schedule for the 10 weeks because you will eat, sleep, and breathe coding. This is without a doubt the hardest thing I've ever done, but it was 100% worth it, and the Wynfam connections you make are worth the price alone. If you're looking for something that will push and improve you, you're looking at the right place. Can't recommend it hightly enough!

• Pio  User Photo
    Pio • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I started Wyncode in early August of this year. I can honestly say I've never learned so much from a school in such a short amount of time. Before starting the course, I had never had any programming experience. My background is in music and I was skeptical about how much could really be taught about a subject in just 10 weeks. This school is doing a great service by teaching these skills, and the instructors they have on staff are so articulate and thorough that they make the material easy to learn. I would highly recommend that anyone who is interested in learning to code look into Wyncode and reach out to some of the staff, students, and alumni!

• Juan Fernando Lavieri Goiri  User Photo
    Juan Fernando Lavieri Goiri • Full Stack Web & Business Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Wyncode is just amazing! or should I say WYNTASTIC!!!!! The whole program is tailored to help us learn the necessary skills for the current tech scene. The WHOLE team is ery supportive and I can honestly say that I am impressed at the way they hae set up the logical increase in dificulty. I can happily say that I am a FUll Stack Web Developer graduated at Wyncode.

• Gabriel Betancourt  User Photo
    Gabriel Betancourt • Jr. Associate Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

During my 10 weeks at Wyncode, I gained most of the foundational knowledge necessary to get me up and running. Ultimately, that helped me prosper as an Engineer. At Wyncode you learn how to "learn". It is your job after Wyncode to keep learning and not be afraid to fail.

• Wyncode is DOPE
    - 3/16/2018
    Will Hatcher  User Photo
    Will Hatcher • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My Wyncode experience was amazing. The curriculum was challenging and the projects were fun to build. The best part of Wyncode was the staff and the Wynfam. Everyone is very supportive and it is a real family enviroment.

The program is intense but Wyncode provides all the tools for success.

• Wynfam for life!
    - 2/9/2018
    Christopher Carrillo  User Photo
    Christopher Carrillo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

To be honest, my experience at wyncode was more than I could have asked for from TA's to the instructors, and staff. They are all very supportive 24/7 with anything you may need for the coursework, projects, and of course getting the best out of your wyncode experience. Auston and PK are more than outstanding. At the end of the 10 weeks you may be exahausted or may have thought everything has gone to waste, but really you've gained knowledge, skill, and a great new family.

• Wyncode review
    - 2/9/2018
    Antonio Pulido  User Photo
    Antonio Pulido • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed wyncode cohort21 and It was a life changing experience. I met amazon people learned technologies and achieved things I didn’t know was possible in only 10 weeks. The staff really cares about the students. The head instructors are very knowledgeable.  One of the best things about wyncode is the culture “never stop learning” that is a wyncode motto that the staff and students embrace.

• QA Analyst
    - 2/2/2018
    Joy T Clayton  User Photo
    Joy T Clayton • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Wyncode was a life-changing experience in so many ways.  I intended to change my career and do something I'm passionate about and love (coding).

Wyncode was supportive from the start. Allowing me to apply for a scholarship, giving me a great option to pay and supporting me throughout my time there academically and emotionally.

It was a hard journey learning and evolving but well worth it.  I obtained a job two weeks after graduation.

The co-founders, teachers, and staff are the BEST!

Joy

• Kevin Schaffter  User Photo
    Kevin Schaffter • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

It's hard to sum up the Wyncode experience in a short review so I'll do my best to keep things concise!

Wyncode has truly been a life changing experience.  I remember reading similar statements on course report before starting and was skeptical... but it truly was.  It is a very intense 11 weeks but if you are 200% committed in doing whatever it takes to become a web-developer you'll do just fine.  My favorite things about Wyncode were the instructors who across the board were incredibly competent and passionate about their work.  My head instructor (Ed Toro) was AMAZING and the teaching assistants played a crucial role in helping people along the way.  My cohort was especially warm and supportive (which is important when spending 12 hours a day with them!).  The support team at Wyncode was also all around amazing and very receptive to feedback.  Wyncode on the whole does an amazing job of catering quickly to student needs.

All in all my experience at Wyncode was everything I had hoped and expected.  My team won pitch day and I was hired before the bootcamp was finished.  I can't say this was the case for everyone and I feel very fortunate to be in the position I am in now.

Some Words of Advice

- Anyone Can Code (Sort of)  Yes that is true... however that doesn't mean it is for everyone.  Be sure you understand what you are getting into.  Coding is very much a hard skill that needs to be PRACTICED. Wyncode is not a college style course where you can skate by, get a pat on your back and add it to your resume.  Don't be this person: "Wow 91% hiring rate, all I need to do is enroll and I'll be set".  Employers will know if you can code or not and that's on you.  Wyncode will do everything it can to help you succeed but you need to put in every ounce of effort.  Any negative reviews on course report most likely come from people who unfortunately didn't understand what they were getting into or didn't understand the crazy amount of effort needed to make it work.

- PREPARE LIKE HELL.  Do NOT think that the pre-work is sufficient for being ready to start this course.  My recommendations before starting (also what I did):

1. Complete ALL of the ruby track on Codecademy/Ruby Monk
    2. Do a command line course on treehouse or codecademy
    3. Read "Learn Ruby the Hard Way" (free online book)
    4. Complete a full-stack ruby/rails course on Udemy (about 40 + hours).  You will have built a Rails app before starting Wyncode.
    5. Prepare more through other resources.

If you are deciding on starting a cohort sooner vs later, I would complete the above before enrolling.

There is free parking around the corner!

Do not trust reviews that say otherwise.  These come from people who for some reason refuse to walk 1-minute to campus!

• it depends on you
    - 12/28/2017
    Daniel Philpot   User Photo
    Daniel Philpot • QA Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Wyncode to me is a good investment if you love tech, have a foot in the door for a tech opportunity, know what your plans are after the course or just want to learn something new. I don’t recommend it for people who just want to change careers because tech is booming right now this has to be something you’re hungry for.

I was fortunate enough to have both instructors during my cohort and both have very different styles of teaching. Ed knows so much and get really excited about his passion but it tends to make him speed up so if you’re not keeping up you have to ask a billion questions per day just to keep pace.  Auston is younger, more laid back, and is more relatable to people who are newer to the tech/ coding field. He knows his stuff as well and his approach to helping you understand on your level is awesome.

The space is great, it can be noisy at times but after class there’s usually a classroom dedicated to quiet hours and a picnic table outside to help. Next door is a gym that plays loud bass EDM often during those quiet hours but it’s ways to work around it.

Wyncode always has events to help network, learn new skills, hackathons etc and yes FREE FOOD. Parking does suck so a uber or some type of bike may do you best. Being in Miami before class (9am) and after (5pm) you will run into heavy traffic GUARANTEED so plan accordingly.

The curriculum is tough especially for the first 3-4 weeks but if this is something you really really want you’ll overcome it without even noticing it but YOU HAVE TO PUT THE WORK IN. The TAs are great, they’re of limited supply during most days but it’s easier if you find a classmate working on what you are and work together.

JOBS ARE NOT GUARANTEED, getting a job is just the same as applying and interviewing at any other job in the country, you have to sell yourself and your skills, work hard and never stop learning

• Bad location!
    - 10/5/2017
    Marisol  User Photo
    Marisol • PM Verified via GitHub

I signed up for Wyncode's September starting class, Despite the efforts of traveling down a 4 hour drive from home, and staying with family, mind you... the Miami traffic of at least 1 hour and 10 minutes for a 20 mile ride back and forth. As I thought it would be worth the investment, there is no free parking, only street paid parking, which you have to be aware of the ticket maids. Small spot, lots of students, very noisy, there is some sort of Zumba techno gym adjacent to the school, which you can hear vibrating music through the walls, School is promising to have the gym install sound-proof pads. If you are NEW to coding, good luck! as it is very fast paced. If you are not new, then this will probably work. :)

Response From: Matt Campbell of Wyncode
    Title: Director of Admissions
    Thursday, Oct 26 2017
    Hi Marisol,

We appreciate your feedback and wish you would have been able to stay with us for the entire Wyncode experience. During your one week in the program, we provided as much support as possible and it’s unfortunate we weren’t able to execute an action plan to get you caught up. The Wyncode curriculum is challenging but is catered to beginners. In fact, some of our most successful graduates had little to no prior experience with coding before learning with us. Beyond the teacher assistant support provided every day, we also offer the opportunity for developers who require a stronger foundation to repeat the first five weeks at no cost.

We apologize about your parking situation. In our orientation, we share free parking areas located within a 5-minute walk of the campus. I definitely appreciate your concern about the atmosphere of Wynbase. With an alumni base of over 450 developers, we often have visitors and guests but we do our best to keep the environment conducive to learning. Even with the lively environment at Wynbase, we also seek to include spaces where developers can work quietly. For example, in our head instructor’s Auston Bunsen’s classroom, we have a designated quiet space starting every day at 5:30 pm. The installation of the sound-proof pads has also begun and should go a long way towards helping with the sound from next door.

Thank you for considering us, and best of luck with your journey learning to code!

Best,

Matt Campbell, Director of Admissions at Wyncode

• Artie Polanco  User Photo
    Artie Polanco • Product Release Manager • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I like to start out by saying that my experience at Wyncode was wonderful. The school environment empowers the students and the faculty to be successful.

The reason for the title of this review is because once you graduate from a course like this, you have a unique set of tools at your disposal. This combined with the lifetime backup/support from the faculty and the graduates really sets you apart in the digital space. Another thing to add is that the network of companies that Wyncode has partnered with, will guarantee that you are at least considered for relevant positions. My story is proof of this.

I left the Marine Corps in February 2017 after serving 12 years. Being the first coding academy in Florida to accept the G.I. Bill, allowed me to attend the Web Immersive Course painlessly. I graduated Wyncode and within a month I had a job at a great company as a PHP developer. PHP being a language that isn’t taught at Wyncode. After working there for 2 weeks I was offered my current position at Royal Caribbean. That being said, my work does not include web development, it’s strictly IOS and Android development. This goes to show that just learning the fundamentals of coding, testing and agile practices from Wyncode will set you on the right path. I’m positive that I wouldn’t have been considered for this position were it not for Wyncode.

I absolutely recommend Wyncode. It will only serve to enhance your skills and expand your possibilities of obtaining a sweet job in the tech space.

Shout out to Auston Bunsen (Head Instructor) for being an amazing instructor and Miguel Cruz (Director of Hiring Partnerships) for the Jedi like guidance during the job hunt.

• MR  User Photo
    MR • php develope • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am writing this review after completing the course and being currently employed as a fulltime PHP developer in Miami. I first heard of Wyncode when one of my close friends had told me that he was enrolling in a full-time web development course, at the time I was employed in a different city and was very interested in changing my career and becoming a software developer, however I felt that in my current situation that was only a far fetched dream. Some months later an opportunity presented itself and after researching some schools and seeing firsthand how this school had changed the life of some of my friends I decided to enroll into their immersive full-stack web immersive course.

Initially, I spoke with Matt Campbell and Bianca Monaco the school's directors, this was 3 months before starting the course, we spoke on multiple conversations regarding the school and what it entails, they advised me to complete the prework to see if this was something that I would really be interested in doing. Soon after I would be devoting several hours of my day to learning and studying the intricacies of software development.

Fast forward to January 2017 I had relocated to Miami and had begun the 3-month cohort, the first day of class I met many of the team members, the awesome staff, my classmates and the head instructor Ed Toro. Everybody was extremely welcoming and very thorough in explaining how the next 3 months would pan out, how the school works and what I could expect out of the program.

The school day is usually broken up in the following format, first thing in the morning you have the morning announcements, usually this will let you know what  the agenda for the week and the agenda for the day, this is very important since its very easy to lose track or what is going on, usually the morning announcements will also give you some insight into any events the Miami Tech community may be having. These events usually involve hackathons, talks, and community forums, sometimes there will be the occasional breakout, this when they will host a study group regarding a specific subject. These community gatherings are very key in the success of the students as one of the factors in the success or starting a new career is meeting the influential people in the tech community. I personally went to various events, they were all very well put together, the people were super friendly and engaging, I was able to make many friends this way and make many connections that eventually could have possibly led to a job.

During the course we did a mix of lecture-based classes and live coding, homework and projects, and 'one on ones ' (these are extremely important as they show the instructors how you are doing) the days are very long, and it is encouraged that you spend as much time as you can learning the material and practicing, usually once the lecture is over you have the rest of the space to work, not only that but you also have the help of the staff , the teacher assistants usually come after a certain time and they can help you out if you ever  need help with a specific part of the homework or with your projects, they are available in person and in slack for you at all times.

Part of the coursework focuses on sharpening your people skills, for example, some the skills involve learning about email etiquette, how to approach potential employers and how to be successful at interviews, all of these lessons were extremely helpful at the end of the cohort. While learning all about how to make an awesome application is only part of the puzzle of being able to be hired afterward. I believe that this point is where the team truly shines the most, the whole cohort is geared so well to get you hired, finding a job afterwards was one of my greatest fears during the course, but I trusted the team, listened to their advice and sure enough I was one of the first ones hired out of my cohort.

The next most important part of the experience is working and presenting your applications. Now you end up making lots of apps during your time in class and outside, but there are two that you actually present to the outside world. Both of these experiences really test your skills and push you to the next level, as you will be using all the resources that you have learned throughout your time there. Once your app is complete you work on your presentations, further cementing your knowledge on the material, since you will be explaining what you have created, how it works and what you used to build it.  The first time you present this to your friends and family, so it relatively relaxed, the second time around you present a more refined application to not only your friends and family but also leaders of the Miami tech community, judges, and potential employers.

So once you graduate and present your app you are done, right? No sir, that's just when the real battle begins, and the Wyncode team knows this. I believe that this is probably one of the hardest parts of this whole ordeal, programming, in general, is a practice, 10 weeks of coding 12 hours a day will kick start your programming career, but unless you keep it up and continue to code, whether on your own or as your day job, it may all be for naught. So it imperative that afterwards you continue to code , so once you are done you are invited to go to Wynwork, in this phase you are placed with director of hiring partnerships Miguel Cruz , he was super inspiring and gave some accurate advice on how to get hired and make it in the industry,and sure enough everything he said was true and I was hired within a month from my graduation date.

A couple of caveats regarding the school that I must say is that while it is extremely tough to learn to code in a short stressful time, the staff really does their very best to get you through it. Teacher assistants stay late throughout the night working with you, even through slack and even the head instructors will help you out even late at night if you are in a pickle, and after the course if you have any problems. However you have to have the drive to want to learn the material, and be able to work hard and 'hustle the extra mile' as they say, they will never give up on you and they will always treat you like family.

Currently, now that I have finished the coursework and now that I am working full time as a developer I am planning on working part time in the school as a teacher assistant. So that's my story, I went on a limb, took some chances and they paid off, at times I felt the existential dread set in, but in the end, it was all ok and everything went according to plan, which is exactly what I was looking for. Big thank you to Jo, Juha, Bianca, Matt, Jose, Don, Tim, Izzy Angel, Miguel, Miguel, Maddie, Victoria, Joe, Nick, Nick, Auston and of course Ed, you guys changed my life.

• BunsenCode
    - 2/3/2017
    John Arevalo  User Photo
    John Arevalo • Backend Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Fantastic Experience. Prior to coming to Wyncode, I had been following the self-study route. However, I knew from past educational experiences that I was more of a classroom learner, so I chose to attend Wyncode, and I don't regret it. Wyncode and Auston took me from a hobbyist level of understanding, to a web developer with several web applications under my belt. The curriculum is difficult, and at times you will be frustrated, but like with any new skill, its all about practice and continuing to push yourself learn outside of class and after your cohort.

Auston was an excellent teacher, and cares about our success. He continues to assist me, daily, lol. He is an invaluable source of knowledge and a great mentor. Sure, there were lectures that felt like a grind but Auston and the T.A.'s always made themselves available to help, whether in person or on Slack, a communication tool utilized widely in the industry. The mentorship the staff provides is invaluable. Their advice has helped me grow not only as a developer but as a professional, as well.

Wyncode stresses an iterative philosophy- through feedback sessions each week they tailor the program according to criticism and suggestions from the students themselves. If a particular teaching method didn't work for you, speak up, as the team will work to make accomodations for you quickly and genuinely. This adaptive nature is one that I was greatly impressed by.

I believe there is validity to some of the criticisms found on sites like this. As part of my due diligience I researched the hell out of the school, contacting alumni, going through reviews on coursereport, reddit etc. This is a process I highly recommend, as attendance is an investment, not only of money but your time. It is key to note that as part of Wyncode's iterative ethos, many of the criticisms found on CourseReport are addressed and considered by staff. In fact, during my time in the course I noticed modifications thatl likely made my experience better than what a previous student's testimonial reported.

Web Development, Programming, coding are difficult trades. You will have nights where you stare at your screen frustrated beyond belief. Don't let the mantra "anyone can learn to code" let you get lazy. Keep pushing yourself to be better. However, know that in attending Wyncode, you've joined a supportive community of developers, all more than willing to help solve any questions or issues you may come across in the field.

As far as the job hunt goes- Know that you're trying to get into the industry as a person on the ground floor. Accept that your lack of work experience will be noted in applications and on interviews. This means that for every project you are assigned during your cohort you need to give it your all, as these will be the first works in your portfolio. These projects will give you something to talk about with potential employers. GO TO THE NETWORKING EVENTS. Not just for potential work opportunities, but to practice talking about yourself and your development career. This practice has helped me considerably in interview settings.

All in all, Wyncode was an excellent introduction to Programming, and It gave me the momentum I needed to keep developing my skills. Know that this is a field where you are expected to learn new languages, technologies, etc. Wyncode can't teach them all to you, but you really do "learn how to learn", a valuable skill that employers look for.

p.s.

Before you start, I will recommend that you take some intro courses on programming, be it on Codecademy, CodeSchool etc. These will greatly help, and will help you decide if programming is for you. Also, do your research!!

• Cristhian • Fernandez • Graduate

no soy alguien que normalmente deje comentarios sobre algo en especifico, pero espero que esta informacion pueda ayudar a futuros interesados en el programa, el bootcamp de 10 semanas es una de las mejores experiencias, pero se deve estar preparado para tomarlo y cuando digo preparado me refiero a disponer de las 10 semanas solo para aprender codigo incluyendo los fines de semana, aunque el horario de clase diga que es hasta las 4 de la tarde no es asi, lo mejor si quieres realmente aprender y extresarste lo menos posible, lo mejor es quedarse y  despejar dudas con los TAs despues de clase, es un bootcamp dificil ya que recibes mucha informacion en poco tiempo, por que si te descuidas arrastras debilidades durante todo el curso, mi consejo para llevar el bootcamp de una manera mas placentera, antes de empezar el  bootcamp,  un mes antes en lo posible estudiar las bases de javascript, el resto de cosas como HTML,CSS, command line, git hub diria yo que se adaptan muy bien con el tiempo de apredizaje en el curriculum, hablo desde mi punto de vista de como yo senti el programa. obviamente hay estudiantes que tienen experiencia previa o una capacidad de aprendizaje mas rapida y puede que les cueste menos aprender y se adapten mas facil a los tiempos establecido para cada tema, pero para una persona que no tiene ni la menor idea de codigo ese seria mi consejo. pos data: los proyectos de fin de semana son lo mejor para probarte a ti mismo.

el bootcamp es completamente en ingles, alguien con un 80% de ingles diria yo que puede tomarlo, espero que algun latino interesado lea esto.

• Encouragement!
    - 12/6/2019
    Julissa Wilson • UX/UI Designer • Graduate

This experience has been humbling, it has has given me all the tools that I would need to perfect the user experience in my digital designs. I would totally recommend this program to anyone seeking to enhance their career in technology with the users experience in mind. You totally get a fulfilling  amount of information at a rapid speed. In the beginning it may feel like a lot but eventually your brain will catch up and you will truly understand all the information you are learning. TRUST ME!!!! Patience is a virtue and you have to make sure to instill that in your journey. You will leave with a growth mindset and feel better prepared for an exciting future in Technology. Take my advice and sign up to become a part of the Wyncode family! See you soon!😁

• Lisa Cindric • Product Designer • Student

I was a graphic designer for 15+ years. I felt very stuck in my career, my salary had hit the ceiling and although I had worked in various industries the type of work was always the same. Print design and a bit of web/app design that was really designing in the dark because it wasn't data driven. I would receive a creative brief with some cursory research at best and be expected to design a successful app or website. The people I worked with didn't know any better and frankly neither did I. As I started to research UX/UI design I realized there was a whole discipline that knew how to design digital products for a postivie user experience and so I signed up for some on line courses but it was really difficult to do them after work and putting my son to bed. I was too exhausted to absorb and understand the content on my own.  I knew I had to immerse myself into the world of UX/UI and listening to myself instilling growth mindset into my son on a regular basis I finally decided to practice what I preach and become a REAL UX/UI Designer. Wyncode taught me so many new skills, technical as well as soft skills (ie; presenting) and I acquired a ton of knowledge that would have been difficult to have achieved on my own in a 10-week time frame. I'm not going to lie, this was VERY hard. Every week I would find myself working till 1, 2, 3 o'clock in the morning. This happened at least 3x's a week. It is not a course for people who don't want to work hard. I am a Mom, and I managed but if you are a parent, planning to do this course, get your resources in place to make sure you have child care. You will not see a lot of your family for 10 weeks. Sometimes you have to be selfish though to make a better life for yourself and ultimately your family. Good luck!

• Andres Urdaneta • Graduate

I did not know that my life was about to change the way it did. It was a GREAT experience, I learned a lot, more than I could learn by myself. I applied for the full-time Full Stack Web Dev program, and now after finishing the program I can confidently say that I feel developed a valuable skillset, and not just that, now my network in the Tech scene is growing so fast, and it makes me feel that I'm in the right place.

The support that I'm getting from the Wyncode team its just amazing and it is for life, and that's simply great.

The program is super organized, every Wyncode member is commited to help you and push you out of your comfort zone.

And of course, if you are reading this, like I was doing a few months back... The job?
    I got an paid internship at this known company here in Miami, there's other people finding jobs already or getting interviews.

They don't guarantee you a job, but let's be honest you gotta put the hard work, that's not their responsability, but it is importat to highlight that they give you all the tools and all the support that you may need, and they go extra mile with this.

100% recommended

Thanks Wyncode!

Wyncode has an acceptance rate of 42%, of which 100% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduate. 75% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $52,669.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/