wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps online and in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 850+ graduates and 400+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (299) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (37) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Ruby
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 500 alumni who have been hired at over 250 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit

ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships are available.
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansWyncode offers different financing alternatives. Please ask our admissions team for more details.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military Scholarship Available
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students
  • Wyncode is amazing
    - 3/19/2018
    Alejandro Arcos • Graduate

I just graduated from Wyncode and it was an amazing experience. The high quality of the instructors combined with the well planned lectures and the unconditional assistance of the TAs make Wyncode a great school. I feel the tools acquired during the course are super powerfull to getting started as a Web Developer. Thank you Wynfam, especially Ed, Angel, Don, Henry, Israel, Cece.

• Wyn at Wyncode
    - 3/1/2018
    Maria Vizcaino • QA Analyst • Student

Wyncode embodies "boot camp" to the T. Since day one, they were explicit that the only way to make it out successful is to give it your all. It wasn't possible without their support and push through the entire experience. Their Operations Director, Bianca was a huge support through my experience. She would give us pep talks every morning to push us through the day. She taught us growth mindset and agile practices. In addition, my lead instructor Ed provided us with in-depth information on the topics we'd learn. He provided notes and references and we'd also code along with him. We had homework every day for 6 weeks straight. They provide us with TA assistance every day and weekends. Week 7 - 10 we are working on our final projects.
    The location, environment, and staff make this school ordinary. Its been my most rewarding accomplishment ever! I recommend it 1000%, yes one thousand!
    As for cons... I don't have any, we have coffee, cold brew, tea and snacks on campus 24/hr campus access and 24/hr online support.

Thank you Wyncode for changing my life for the better!

• Incredible
    - 2/16/2018
    Raul Martinez • Front-End Developer • Graduate

I joined Wyncode because I was very unhappy with the career field I was in and wanted something drastically different. I had an interest in code but did not have the time to pursue it with my work schedule, I thought about joining for over a year until finally the right opportunity came up and I signed up for the full-time course. The experience was life changing, being able to show up every day and work on learning code was the best option for me. It allowed me to completely dedicate myself to improving a skill for 10 weeks. The staff and other students at Wyncode have become like a second family, and I would not have been able to learn everything I learned without them. After the course, I worked with the Hiring Director at Wyncode to secure interviews and get introductions to hiring managers. Within 3 months I was able to land a job as a Front-End Developer for a large corporation.

- 2/13/2018
    Alex Soto

Wyncode is great and the curriculum is awesome!  I have to name drop because I owe my success to a few people who went above and beyond.  Angel is an instructor there and is one of the most real people I've met.  Angel strolls in a little earlier than he's supposed to and stays a little later as well.  The man always has a smile on his face and won't hesitate to support you in your toughest week emotionally or technically.  The other two names are the dynamic TA duo Patricio and Keith.  These two will help with any problems you have, continue to help after they've left and will follow up with you even on their days off.  They are another of the most genuine people I've met in my experience. Thank you Wyncode!

• Wynperience
    - 2/11/2018
    Reeann Hansen • Graduate

A month after completing the full-time web immersive course and I am grateful to be working full time for a tech company in Miami while still learning so much everyday. Wyncode not only taught me the foundations of programming but equipped us with the ability to continue on our solo mission moving forward.

There are definitely moments of frustration and doubt where it is up to you to determine your weak areas and utilize the abundance of resources at hand to get you over the hump - whether it be spending an extra 20-30 minutes with the TAs or supplementing your homework with an online track.

One of my favorite things about Wyncode is how connected it is to the local tech community. I walked out with a good understanding of what is going on in Miami and what we can look forward to in the tech space, in large part due to Wyncode’s contribution.

• Wyncoding
    - 2/9/2018
    Nick C • Graduate

Wyncode provides the direction, skill and infrastructure for anyone interested in beginning a journey into the coding world. The instructors and TAs are excellent guides, and the entire Wynfam is extremely supportive.

• Luis Thomas • Graduate

I had a great experience at Wyncode Academy. The staff at Wyncode are incredibly supportive of the students throughout the course. I had Ed Toro as my instructor and he was fantastic. Ed is very intelligent, patient, and is always helping out his students even after graduation. Wyncode has great teaching assistants and instructors there ready to help out however they can. They teach coding best practices as well as agile development best practices and how to work in developer teams. They also teach business acumen such as how to network, do well in interviews, and what to expect in a tech position. Wyncode assists students in finding employment as well as providing interviews with hiring partners during the cohort. Their job assistance is permanent so a student has it available at any point after graduation. I had an amazing and supportive cohort. My classmates were so supportive of each other throughout the entire 11 weeks, and I'm certain that I'll remain friends with them for years to come.

TAKE THE PRE-WORK SERIOUSLY. It's going to make your time at Wyncode easier in the beginning. And don't stop at just the pre-work. Look at plenty of tutorials on Ruby on Rails, Javascript, HTML, CSS, and command line. Use codeacademy, treehouse, Udemy, as well as other online tutorials (such as youtube, freecodecamp, edx, https://learntocodewith.me/posts/code-for-free/). You'll be able to pick up what they teach you a lot quicker if you have a stronger foundation. Understand that what you put in is what you're going to get out.

There is free parking you just need to walk a couple of minutes around the block. The learning doesn't stop when you graduate. If you want to become a successful developer, expect to put in the same effort and work you'll be putting in at Wyncode after you graduate. Just about anyone can learn to code but, regardless of who they are or how intelligent they are, they have to work for it. I truly had an amazing experience at Wyncode and would recommend it to anyone.

• Mark R. • Business Intelligence Developer • Graduate

Similar to other reviewers, I had attempted several times to learn programming on my own through various online resources (coursera, treehouse, and codecademy), but I struggled to devote the necessary time. Learning a programming language is similar to picking up any other foreign language, it's significantly easier if you are fully immersed in it. While there are plenty of self-taught programmers, I think this is where Wyncode and bootcamps, in general, offer an advantage. Upon enrolling in Wyncode, you're surrounding yourself in the language of programming, from the concepts to the actual syntax.

The Positives:

- The staff. I had Auston as my lead instructor, who is immensely knowledgeable and bring plenty of impressive, real world experience to the course. Auston does a great job of teaching the conceptual / theoretical material and then tying it to back to tangible examples using anecdotes or stories from his experiences. The technique is very in keeping with Wyncode’s philosophy of developing successful coders with business acumen. Additionally, Wyncode’s many other instructors and Teaching Assistants are always around and offering help. Their backgrounds range from experienced, senior developers to recent graduates of the program.

- Job Assistance. I was fortunate enough to receive an offer before I graduated from the program as a result of Wyncode bringing in hiring partners for “mock” interviews during the final two weeks. While these are less formal than interviews you may experience after graduation, they are important and can result in job placement. This process does a great job of providing low-pressure opportunities to get experience in interviewing, as well as providing exposure to individuals and companies in the Miami tech scene.

- The curriculum. The course starts with Ruby. While it may not be the newest or most cutting-edge language, it is perfect for beginners. It is easy to read and has light syntax, making basic programming concepts (loops, variables, logic statements, etc.) easier to get comfortable with as you get started. Once you’ve gotten exposure to said concepts, the course moves onto JavaScript and then introduces the Rails framework.

The Negatives:

- The curriculum. There are aspects of the curriculum which I think could be better tuned. Given the diverse backgrounds of its cohorts, Wyncode’s curriculum can feel overwhelming to some and slow to others. Finding that balance is tough, but something I believe the staff could improve upon.

- The trivial. No parking, occasionally noisy next-door neighbors, potentially long commutes, poorly constructed homework assignments.

Overall, attending Wyncode was a very positive experience and worth the investment of both time and money. It has opened a lot of doors for me as well as providing a great foundation to continue to learn and explore concepts of interest.

• Joe C • Jr Web Developer • Graduate

I had been thinking about attending a bootcamp for a year before I started, and to be honest, I was skeptical of doing so.  I didn’t see the value in quitting my job and spending over $10K to learn something I could teach myself via the internet.

Eventually the frustration of only being able to set aside a few hours per week to learn got to me and I decided to attend Wyncode.  I immediately recognized the fast pace of the program, which was a plus for me.  You can’t really expect to learn a substantial amount in 10 weeks otherwise.  It was a sign that Wyncode was legitimate, and not just one of the scammy bootcamps you hear about sometimes.

I had Auston Bunsen as an instructor, and in my opinion he is perfect for his role.  He does a great job keeping the class engaged and he keeps the lectures interesting. First thing in the morning he would often share interesting/important news from the tech world.  He also made it a point to tie in real-world examples to the things we learned in lecture.  He worked with me outside class to guide me on a path towards my personal goals and I also saw him working with others in my cohort in a similar way.

The rest of the staff is great as well.  If you’re talking to someone who works there, you know you’re talking to someone who believes in what they are doing.  Everyone there is willing to put in time to help you personally succeed.

Another thing I value from Wyncode is their transparency, especially in terms of their hiring support.  So far they’ve released a jobs report conducted by a third party agency for the past two years (I think they’re only one of four bootcamps in the US that do so).  Miguel, the hiring director, is also very upfront about his expectations from you in your job search.  He will do everything in his power to help you get a job, but he makes sure you know you have to put in the work as well.  That’s something you should look for in a bootcamp, as you should never expect to be “guaranteed” a job.

As for me, my plan was to teach myself to code until I felt like I was ready, and then get whatever developer job I possibly could on my own.  I have an engineering background and am a good self-learner, so I think I would have been able to do it, eventually.  But with Wyncode, not only did I get a salary 25%-30% higher than I was expecting, but it was also at a great company working on a really interesting project.  I even had a job lined up before I finished the program, as did two others in my cohort.  If I had continued with the self-taught route, I would probably still be working at my old job with no end in sight.

If you’re thinking about attending Wyncode, first try to teach yourself online through codecademy, edX, coursera, etc.  If you find that you still like programming after a few weeks, and you know that you can put in the work (I’d say 60+ hours a week to really get the most out of the program), Wyncode is a great choice for you.

• Kasey P • Student • Student

As long as you have the mindset coming in that you will have to work hard and then work even harder you will be fine. The lecturers, TA's, and staff combined make this a fantastic environment for learning and growth. The academy wants you to succeed because when you do they do. They take a very hands on role when it comes to your progress and success, because they care.

Yes, parking is a little messy, however they are a number of easy solutions that the school has provided.

Yes, there is a gym next door and the sound leaks through the walls. It’s not that bad and honestly it makes you a better learner. If you feel like it might be an issue just check out the sound for yourself. Come take a tour and see the space. I’m telling you it’s pretty AWESOME!

If I haven’t stressed this enough I will again, every person that works here is WONDERFUL!!

• Dani
    - 6/4/2017
    DaniVS • Graduate

First of all, I want to say I've "graduated" about 3~ months ago(Around March 2017).

Before even signing up for Wyncode I can say this is one of the first places I checked to get more information about them and I was skeptical.How could they have so many good reviews, I thought they were fake.Now that I see my classmates reviews here and other names I also recognize and having gone through the process I understand them.

THE IMPORTANT STUFF.

-The environment is amazing and this is important because you're going to be here probably 5-7 days a week the whole day.All of the Wyncode staff are some of the most caring and positive people you'll find in Miami.The teachers are amazing, knowledgeable and genuinely care.

-The teachers are amazing, and I had no problem paying full attention in every class because they made it interesting, had amazing explanations and truly enjoyed teaching the subjects given.

-You're going to be surrounded by a bunch of individuals who are passionate about the tech scene and will help you as much as they can.You also constantly have TA's around willing to help you and clear out things so you can move on and not get blocked.

-Getting a job isn't easy for most people and isn't a fun process.However, if you keep learning and pushing yourself after your course ends you will find a job within the 3 month period most likely.Some of my classmates got hired right out the gate, others didn't and this is exactly what you would expect.

So yea, if you can afford it comfortably and want to get your foot into the coding world there's really no better way in my opinion than doing it through a Bootcamp.

TLDR: If I had 0 coding experience and wanted to start all over.Going through a coding Bootcamp would be my choice

• Honest Abe • Graduate

Wyncode Academy is a very expensive very fast pace environment. Students will be bombarded with information.  The teachers and their TA's are good, but the mandatory homework is confusing if not difficult.  The students who excel at Wyncode are the type of students that should apply - former IT professionals, computer science graduates, and the people who live with them.  If you enter this Academy with no computer science background, then expect to hit a wall.  All students feel anxiety and many feel regret.  The commute and parking situation make those feelings even worse.

Wyncode will assist students in finding employment and even set up interviews, but the majority fail the entrance exams and don't get hired per statistics.  It should also be known that some of the staffs biggest cheerleaders did not attend the academy, therefore they are not fully qualified to speak on the student experience.  There are success stories who are willing to submit reviews online, but there are twice as many failures who are too discouraged from the whole experience.  At the end of the day, whether you graduated Wyncode Academy with or without struggle, the most important thing is a return on your investment.

Response From: Matt Campbell of Wyncode
    Title: Director of Admissions
    Monday, Jun 19 2017
    Hi Abe,

We’re always looking to improve at Wyncode and we sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our doors are always open for Wyncode graduates still searching for jobs after the program. We would be happy to help you get the outcomes you’re looking for. Hopefully, you can get in touch with our Director of Hiring Partnerships and take part in an upcoming Wynwork session!

The full-time program is made with beginners in mind. The majority of our students had little to no prior coding experience before enrolling. Some of our biggest success stories have come from those with zero prior experience in the field.

Nonetheless, the program is very intensive. But there are resources every step of the way, including in-person and remote support, ample documentation and videos, and weekly 1-on-1 checkins to gauge student progress. Additionally, with our new 5x5 format, we will recommend that a student repeat the first five weeks of the program, at no extra cost, if we feel it would be beneficial. Due to our overlapping cohort schedule, students held back this way can immediately join the subsequent cohort. At Wyncode, we make sure anyone willing to complete the course crosses the finish line.

Although the web immersive course is a significant time and financial commitment, it’s worth it. We’ve seen tremendous results for graduates of our program. To date, we’ve helped at least one Wyncoder get hired at over 200 companies. And over 50 companies have hired more than one. And we credit these results not only to a curriculum informed by hiring partner needs, but also to the continuous, honest feedback we get from students like you - feedback that helps us create the best possible Wyncode experience.

You don’t have to take our word for it. In our most recently released placement outcomes, 97% of job-seeking graduates in 2014-2015 were placed within six months. You’ll also find within our jobs report a breakdown of how many were able to find roles every month between one and five months after the program. These outcomes were audited by an independent third party, the accounting firm MBAF, and verified for accuracy. We’ve seen similar stats for 2016 and we’re excited to release our updated data within the next few months.

Finally, if any potential student would like to hear from former students, we have several team members who went through the full-time program as well as fully employed Wyncode alumni who would be happy to speak to their experiences. If you look at the many reviews on this page, many individuals have left their names, and their experiences can be cross-referenced via LinkedIn or GitHub. We’re happy to provide all the data we can to allow a prospective student to make an informed decision about learning with us.

Best,

Matt Campbell, Director of Admissions at Wyncode Academy

Wyncode Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduated. 85% of graduates were job-seeking and 86% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $52,669. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 161 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/