wyncode-logo

Wyncode

Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach

Wyncode

Wyncode offers full-time and part-time full stack and front end web development, digital marketing, and UX/UI design bootcamps based in Miami, Florida. By offering both full-time and part-time courses, Wyncode offers options for students looking for a career change or new skills to level up their resume. Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive focuses on JavaScript, HTML, Rails, jQuery, Ruby, CSS, and React.js. Their front end web development program focuses on JavaScript, HTML, jQuery, CSS, and React.js. On top of technical skills, Wyncode teaches soft skills with a focus on professional development.

Wyncode’s purpose is to help people and companies grow. Their programs are tailored for anyone with the tenacity and dedication to learn these skill sets.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education’s Commission for Independent Education and accepts the GI Bill. With 750+ graduates and 350+ hiring partners, Wyncode has an expansive footprint throughout the Miami tech community and beyond. Joining the Wynfam has the added bonus of being immersed in the South Florida tech and entrepreneurial community through partnerships and programming. Plus, full-time program graduates receive Wyncode’s lifetime career support.

Recent Wyncode Reviews: Rating 4.73

all (284) reviews for Wyncode →

Recent Wyncode News

Read all (33) articles about Wyncode →
  • Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing
    LocationMiami
    Digital marketing skills can help build your career in any field. Maybe you’re already a savvy marketer looking to strengthen your knowledge and skills, or you’re in a position that would benefit from understanding the basic principles of digital marketing. Our digital marketing course will get you on the path to becoming a digital marketer with a performance and content mindset, plus a focus on generating actionable insights from data analytics.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
  • Front End Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationMiami
    Want to learn coding skills to get ahead in your current career? Open the door to moving into a cross-discipline position at work or improve communication with your tech team. Learn front end web dev skills like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React in just three nights a week for twelve weeks.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships available
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
  • Full Stack Web Development

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Ruby
    Start Date April 6, 2020
    LocationMiami
    Are you looking to change your life? Wyncode’s full stack web development immersive is a great place to start. In ten weeks you’ll complete 350 hours of staffed learning, write 5,000 lines of code, and graduate as a full stack web developer. When this full time course ends, Wyncode’s legendary job support will help you until you find the programming job of your dreams. We have over 500 alumni who have been hired at over 250 hiring partners and counting, our Wynfam network is extensive!
    Available through Climb Credit

ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military scholarships are available.
    Prep WorkPre-work for enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020
  • UX/UI Immersive

Design, User Experience Design
    Start Date April 6, 2020
    LocationMiami
    Any designer can create something pretty, but only a few can create a design that is user friendly. A product designer is one of the most in demand jobs in technology today. Our 10 week full time UX/UI Immersive will take you from beginner to Product Designer. The program will teach you to understand users, communicate through design, shape the user journey, utilize UX frameworks, build through collaborative discovery and like all Wyncode programs further enhance your skill set with professional development. Our UX/UI Immersive receives the same lifetime legendary job support as our Full Stack Web Development course. With the ongoing demand for website optimization and mobile applications, these are the type of designers that are in high demand right now. As a leader in education, Wyncode is a training hub for world class UX/UI design.
    Available through Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansWyncode offers different financing alternatives. Please ask our admissions team for more details.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech & Military Scholarship Available
    Minimum Skill LevelDesigned for beginners with a creative side or background - but no previous experience necessary.
    Prep WorkPre-work is assigned to enrolled students
    April 6, 2020 - Miami Apply by April 1, 2020

• Anonymous • overwithdepression@gmail.com • Graduate

Jo Juha & PK & Austin and whole team are awesome, you really are part of the family and they look out for you regardless of programming or life background.

The way the bootcamp is designed is awesome too, it really makes you not only challenge to learn coding but also to display your talents with projects so you can be proud of your skills.

The only thing I'll say though is that programming isn't for everybody. I barely survived the bootcamp and was always behind and seeking help of the TA's(who were also awesome) and others, and now even though I'm getting some job attention I am scared of being so underqualified and still am reviewing my stuff. I think out of my batch half of gotten dev jobs through wyncode circle. I feel embarassed to call myself a full-stack developer when I can't finish a rails app without help or hours of googling. The bootcamp after week 2 is intense. I'll see where the job hunt leads and hopefully through that can get more experience. Overall I recommend it, but it may be a smart idea to delve more into programming on your own then join it and if you're a slow learner then get a feel for it before taking the full leap.

I think my time at Wyncode was interesting. Our cohort did not entirely get along. No one wanted to participate in socials and no one really keeps in touch. It was just a weird time.

Overall, I thought that the curriculum was fine, and they did their best to prepare us for interviews after Wyncode.

My biggest disapointment  is that I needed money to start paying back my loan, so I never got to actually use my new dev skills. It almost feels like a waste of money.

Response From: Craig of Wyncode
    Title: Director of Admissions
    Wednesday, Aug 22 2018
    Hi there,
    I just wanted to briefly address your concerns:

I am sorry that the cohort you were in did not mesh socially in the way that many of the classes here do during their time in the Wyncode program. We have high admissions requirements and we try to carefully curate our classes to try to make sure that everyone will get along and work well together, but that's nearly impossible to guarantee.

Also, most Wyncoders find that it’s more than a cohort, it becomes a lifelong network of friends and colleagues that can help to grow within the same tech ecosystem. We are sorry that you didn’t feel that way. Sometimes one personality might just not mix in with the group. That said, our doors are always open for lifetime job support and networking and all 600+ grads are available to you via Slack; along with teaching assistants and our instructors are here to help you get plugged into groups that are part of the tech/development area here in South Florida.

We want you to be able to utilize the skills you learned at Wyncode, so please come by and get reconnected with our Director of Hiring Partnerships and Wynwork team, so that we can help get you going in the right direction with regard to finding work that does encompass the type of development that you want to do and are capable of doing.

As always, please feel free to come by the campus, connect via Slack or give us a call anytime. We hope to see you again soon and help get you on track to working as a developer.
  • a new start
    - 5/18/2017

I came in from a totally different field, with no coding background.  Wyncode looked like a place that could get me employable, so I decided to give it a shot.  You will learn a ton of great skills, but you have to be motivated.  Basic computer skills are a must.  I had a job offer BEFORE I graduated!  Instructors and TAs are good, though none are trained in education, so there are definitely problems in the curriculum and with the teaching styles.  The cost of the program is too high in my opinion--they seem to spend a lot of money on spoiling the students: beer, food, social events, etc.  I think they should cut all of that and drop the price.  I paid to learn, not to party.  The two main instructors are incredibly different, so make sure you inquire before registering. VERY wide range of abilities in the classes, which can make pacing difficult.  They do a great job at the end helping you find, interview and apply for jobs--very supportive.  If you are ready for a life change, love being on the computer, and have the the financial means, go for it!  Wyncode is definitely NOT for everyone though, several of my classmates were miserable at coding and will likely never get a tech job.  Wyncode has started to get a good name in in the area though, and I would recommend it if you know you can do it.

• <Udacity
    - 10/1/2016
    Anonymous • Developer • Graduate

After going through Wyncode, It definetly was not worth the 10k. After graduating I enrolled in a Udacity nanodegree course and graduated after 2 months. My current employeers were way more impressed with the work I did in my nanodegree program. The job support I received with Udacity actually helped me get my current position. It is strange that Udacity offers money back after 6 months if you are not hired but Wyncode won't do that. I would love to get that 10k back to be honest. Waste of good money and time. I do not reccomend. its a good course but worth around $700 to be honest. I urge you to try something else.

Title: Director of Admissions
    Thursday, Oct 06 2016
    Dear Wyncoder,

Thank you for your feedback! Udacity is one of our out-of-state hiring partners and we're happy to tout three Wyncode graduates who have been hired there with one right after the program. In fact, those graduates have been instrumental in the creation of the Ruby nanodegree.

We're happy that you were able to finish the nanodegree in two months, which is faster than the average completion of six months to a year. It's unfortunate that you feel the nine-week program did not attribute to your success with that curriculum.

Also, we're confident that the web immersive is more than just a curriculum that teaches beginners how to build web applications. Wyncode is a community of individuals, including you, who are looking to broaden their opportunities while developing a new skill set and investing themselves in the burgeoning South Florida ecosystem.

As far as job support, we've successfully placed graduates in over 80 companies with over 30 hiring more than one, five of which have hired more than five. Considering your experience as a Wyncode graduate, it makes sense that the Udacity nanodegree would make you a more exceptional candidate. We also encourage our graduates to continue learning beyond the web immersive and it's great to hear that you've done that.

Best of luck in your current role and know that we're happy to have you part of the Wynfam!

Thanks,

Matt Campbell, Director of Admissions at Wyncode Academy

• Anonymous • still looking

A lot of people chose Wyncode because of their 90% placement in 90 days. After their own audits we now know the truth behind that. Many people are still looking for work. Many people had to go back to their old lives and even move back to where they originally lived before moving here with the hopes of finding work.

Saying that Wyncoders graduate and go to work in Tech, isnt a stretch. But with that said, they are not coding. Lots of people graduating Wyncode are taking jobs with companies doing things other than coding.

Wynwork (job placement) sessions are depressing. They ask you if you have any leads, then share them with everyone else, causing that company to get bombarded with applicants. That arent always qualified.

Miami tech doesnt really exist as much as they try and sell you. Its the same small group of people. To be honest they arent even that welcoming. If you dont beleive me just go to any "tech event" in Miami and say "hello" to the same 30 people you see at every event.

After looking for work for almost over 6 months, I can tell you that Ruby is not hiring here in Miami. They will tell you that so many companies use Ruby, that may be true. But they def. arent hire, and if they are. They arent hiring Jr. Devs.

With that being said almost no one is hiring Jr devs in Miami.

JavaScript, PHP, UX developers is where the work is.

There arent many negative reviews here because Miami is all about who you know, and people know that if you get blacklisted. Its pretty much over for you. There has actually been talk about class action lawsuit between quite a bit of previous Wyncoders from multilpe cohorts across multiple locations, because of the 90% job placement rating which was their biggest selling point. A lot of people took out loans and are paying them back and honestly havent even gotten a single interview after Wyncode.

Also, telling people that "getting the job is up to you, we give you everything you need to get the interview" is a really crappy way to make people think its their fault they cant find the work. When in reality there is no work.

Finally, if any of this sounds far fetched or just someone being bitter. Lets look at the facts, well over 250 people have graduated Wyncode and there are only 118 reviews. If everyone was satisfied with their experience they would have been happy to leave a review, or let alone resond to the audit questions.

Title: Director of Admissions at Wyncode Academy
    Thursday, Oct 06 2016
    Dear Wyncoder,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been having difficulties finding a role in Miami. The job hunt in any field is difficult but, we would like to make it better for you. We appreciate your feedback and would like to address some of the concerns you expressed.

For a long time we wanted to make sure our stats were verified for the benefit of those enrolling in our program and you. So that's what we did this summer. Our recently released independently verified job report will show that 97% of job seeking graduates during 2014-2015 were placed 120+ days after graduation. 188 Wyncoders graduated during that time, and 168 graduates were considered job seeking, defined as actively looking for a role in the 90 days following graduation. Of the 163 graduates who obtained work after graduation, 137 graduates, or 84%, obtained a technical role. A technical role is defined as working as part of, or directly with, an engineering team. Our marketing will be updated to reflect these audited statistics.

As far as the job market, Wyncode graduates have been hired at over 80 companies, with 30 hiring more than one. The majority of our hiring partners are in South Florida and we’ve had five companies hire five or more Wyncode graduates. We continue to host Wynterviews, which introduce Wyncoders to companies looking for hires. There is definitely demand for junior developers and is evidenced by the number of Wynterviews we host every cohort. Students have been hired out of these sessions in the past and it’s also valuable interview practice.

The WynWork sessions are a means to support students as they continue their job search. The sessions are designed to provide tips, advice, and personal introductions and direct contact with hundreds of local hiring partners. Also, WynWork support is not only offered to help graduates with their first roles, but also their second and third after graduating from the program.

Wyncode is licensed by the Florida Department of Education and as a result, we are not allowed to promise roles to anyone by law. The job search can be difficult, but as I mentioned, we offer support for students and do the best we can to help place them in tech roles after graduation. The web immersive program is designed to teach individuals the skills necessary to build web apps while also focusing on soft skills, including interview prep, resume prep, and providing connections with South Florida hiring partners. In our over two years of operation, we’ve done just that and our student outcomes are evidence of that.

Wyncode has the most ratings out of any brick-and-mortar coding bootcamp in the country on Course Report. Considering your logic, none of the coding bootcamps on this site would be legitimate. We’re happy to see graduates leave reviews, positive or negative, because it provides prospective students an opportunity to see what our program has to offer.

If you’re still having trouble finding roles in Miami, please feel free to reach out and we’ll do our best to support you.

Thanks,

Matt Campbell, Director of Admissions at Wyncode Academy

Intro

First, let me say, that I met a lot of cool people who I still keep in touch with and who I had a lot of fun with.  But like a previous reviewer stated, I did not sign up to make friends, I signed up to learn to code and acquire a set of skills that would make me employable. That however did not happen.

With that out of the way, one of my first issues with Wyncode is with integrity. It seems like they will say anything to get you to signup and give them 10k.  90% placement at 75k is terrible unethical marketing. Not even close to 50% for my cohort.  That was their pitch when I signed up. I've actually considered taking legal action as I'm still stuck paying the loan.  When I was on the fence, they pitched " hurry, only one spot left", so I did, only to see 2 students admitted after our start date.  In the previous cohort they admitted a older gentleman who was unemployable and In our cohort they admitted a student who could not type.  If they could pay they were in.

I agree with a previous post, if you sign up for code school,($25) and if you read a book each in JS, Ruby, and RoR, ($75) you would have learned more then the curriculum and only for $100!!!  I agree with homework issues stated below, many times you would learn something very dense, only to realize the hw is from yesterday's lecture.

Instructor:

We were basically lab rats with our instructor.  They hired Damon, who while a great coder, was a poor instructor.  He only taught two cohorts and was let go, so that tells you all you need to know.  Meanwhile we are stuck footing the bill for this experiment.

Job assistance:

This is one of the worst parts of the whole program.  You are basically on your own.  Send emails and come to follow ups and talk about it.  The wynterviews, are good, but I think they should probably be longer and allow you to show off a project or two.  In my cohort alone, I would say 75% were not hired and/or no longer coding.  I would also second the email bombarding from Wyncode was a turn off to potential employers, as I had an employer say this to me directly.

Summary

Save your money.  Sign up for codeschool and code academy, read a couple of books, and you'll be fine.  Definitely not worth it.  I would also recommend some project based learning like code4startup or baserails.  These were excellent.  Also like someone mentioned before i would focus on Javascript more, it's barely taught at all at Wyncode.

Title: Director of Admissions at Wyncode Academy
    Friday, Sep 16 2016
    We’re very sorry to hear you feel the skills you learned at Wyncode haven’t landed you a job as a developer.

A top Miami accounting firm recently completed an independent audit of the job placement outcomes for all students graduating in 2014 and 2015. This report will go live next week and will be accompanied by a web application displaying interactive graphs representing the audited statistics for the 168 job-seeking graduates during that period.

The job report will show that 97% of job seeking graduates during that period were placed 120+ days after graduation. While we had 188 Wyncoders graduate during that time, only 168 graduates were considered job seeking, defined as actively looking for a role in the 90 days following graduation. Of the 163 graduates who obtained work after graduation, 137 graduates, or 84%, obtained a technical role. A technical role is defined as working as part of, or directly with, an engineering team. Our marketing will be updated to reflect these audited statistics.

We do not promise that graduates will make a starting salary of $75,000 in South Florida. The statistic posted in our FAQ is a nationwide average, sourced from a recruiting firm that has since updated their site. While we have graduates working throughout U.S. and the world, most of them remain in the region. Our audited average salary statistic will be available in the report next week.

Because we are licensed by the Florida Department of Education, if you are concerned about our marketing practices, you’re welcome to contact the Commission for Independent Education at 1-888-224-6684.

Our admissions process starts with an interview and requires a code challenge. For the third quarter of 2016, only around 40% of the students we interviewed were accepted.

We believe that an older person can learn to code, but we are also transparent during the admissions process about the challenges that they may face getting employment after the program.

We also inform prospective students about what to expect from the program and, due to the rigor of the course, we do not admit students after the start date.

The Wyncode curriculum is iterated continuously, and the extra week we’ve recently added to the course will allow us to go even deeper into all the topics you mention, including JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and SQL. We’ve also improved on our homework assignments, and are connecting our lectures, homework, and projects to clear objectives to ensure that students are progressing through the program effectively.

We don’t claim that the topics we’re teaching aren’t available to learn online - cheaply, even for free. Wyncode’s value stems from a structured environment that provides a great foundation for a career in web technology. We teach best practices, we immerse you into a technology work culture, and we connect you to the South Florida tech ecosystem, introducing you to the influencers and hiring partners in this region.

Damon Davison taught three cohorts for Wyncode. We’re proud of the work he did, but he decided to return to his previous gig as a developer. Our current head instructor in Fort Lauderdale, Auston Bunsen, is a senior developer, former CTO of two companies, and has taught three cohorts with tremendous success. He has also done significant work iterating our curriculum and processes as we look to improve going forward.

We continue to host Wynterviews, which introduce Wyncoders to companies looking for hires. In addition, we now offer twice weekly WynWork sessions that allow all Wyncoders to get job placement help. We provide this service to all Wyncode alumni for free, and we will continue to do so for as long as we can. We’ll support not only your first job, but your second and third after graduating from the program. We’re extremely proud of the job support we offer, from tips and advice, to personal introductions and direct contact with hundreds of local hiring partners.

If you are one of the two students in your cohort still seeking employment, we invite you to join us at the next WynWork session so that we may assist you as well.

For those newly in development, Wyncode helps support people to launch into new careers, especially if you're a south florida local. It was definitely a fun and memorable experience! Still though a price tag that costs an arm and a leg of $10,000 which was SOOOO MUCHH for me, I would probably expect similar education for $5K or something... in terms of actual content, didn't feel like a full-on developer or designer and so much to learn still so a bit bummed out for that but maybe I had too high expectations and yeah wyncode did help me jumpstart everything still and yeah am happy I still got access to the network and for learning about the power and elegance of Ruby on Rails. Pitch day won't be forgotten! Nothing is perfect but take the leap if you're ready :) And if you're not or can't afford it..it will be difficult but you can pull through with right mentorship so yeah keep the hustle going and find local guides to help steer the way! Anything is possible for those committed!

• Pio • Graduate

I started Wyncode in early August of this year. I can honestly say I've never learned so much from a school in such a short amount of time. Before starting the course, I had never had any programming experience. My background is in music and I was skeptical about how much could really be taught about a subject in just 10 weeks. This school is doing a great service by teaching these skills, and the instructors they have on staff are so articulate and thorough that they make the material easy to learn. I would highly recommend that anyone who is interested in learning to code look into Wyncode and reach out to some of the staff, students, and alumni!

Wyncode has an acceptance rate of 42%, of which 100% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Wyncode, 90% graduate. 75% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $52,669.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Please see our full Job Placement Report here: https://wyncode.co/jobs-report/