world-tech-makers-logo

World Tech Makers

Barcelona, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Guadalajara, Medellín, Mexico City, Santiago, Sao Paulo

World Tech Makers

World Tech Makers is a 12-week digital education program based in Latin America. WTM focuses on major web technologies like Ruby on Rails, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Git, and more. The 12-week intensive bootcamp offers tracks in development or entrepreneurship, and no previous coding experience is required. Participation in the program also promises access to an international network of partner companies and continuing access to an online educational platform. The program concludes with a Demo Day where students are given the chance to present the applications and websites they created during the course.

Recent World Tech Makers Reviews: Rating 4.24

all (22) reviews for World Tech Makers →

Recent World Tech Makers News

• Bootcamp Frontend

LocationGuadalajara, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Bogotá, Barcelona, Medellín
      Part-time Comienza el 16 de octubre al 15 de diciembre En español.
      Deposit3,000 USD
      Minimum Skill LevelNo necesita experiencia previa

• Roberto Martinez  User Photo
      Roberto Martinez • Account Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Hello all, my name is Roberto Martinez. I from mexico, and i took one of the bootcamps with world tech makers a year ago. I was in mexico few years ago with the idea of give another way to my life and i decided to try the programing side. i was looking around and everything was expensive and i wasnt sure if i was good enought to give that money. one day looking around i found some advertisement from world tech makers and they were offering me the same class program for way cheaper. i tood the classes and i get in love of programing. today i live in europe and i work for an international company i keep in touch with my classmates and ilana the founder of world tech... i just loved and i tottaly recomend it...

please feel free to contact me if you need to know alittle bit more about this experience.

• Intro a React
      - 8/22/2017
      Gerlis Alvarez Cardona • Desarrollador

Muy buena introduccion para empezar con reactJS.

• CARLOS NAVARRO • .Net Senior Developer

Fue una muy buena charla para iniciar con React, la exposición clara, el presentador tuvo la capacidad y disposición para responder todo tipo de preguntas, no sé si sería por problemas con el canal pero la visualización del código en YouTube podría mejorarse para no requerir tanto zoom. Espero gustoso la charla de mañana para continuar aprendiendo. Muchas gracias!

• Excelente
      - 8/22/2017
      Eddie Fernando Villadiego Diaz • Applicant

Para mí que apenas estoy asomando la cabeza en este fantástico framework se me hace demasiado mágico que haya hispanos enseñandolo, y qué calidad. Los felicito.

• Dave

I contacted Illana about registering for a course in Colombia, and after their website booking appointment app failed, I had to find and email her personally to get another interview.

I was interested in the course, ready to relocate continents (from Europe) and was told I'd be getting a follow up email with information.

Nothing came. Nada. I emailed her and said this (screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/n59oce4vBGj6):

Ilana,

I'm pretty disappointed that you never sent any information or followed up with me after the call. I showed considerable interest in the program and was ready to sign up - and temporarily move to Colombia, but you never followed up.

I ended up enrolling with a bootcamp in the US, and I'll be starting in January - my business could have been yours but for some reason you decided to neglect me.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to other potential candidates.

Dave

**This is the reply I received***

****end**

I can't believe this is how this company does business. Ridiculous.

• Carlos Jaramillo • cejaramillof@gmail.com • Graduate

Este bootcamp fue una muy grata experiencia, pues cambio totalmente mi vida; Me dio la motivacion, el conocimiento y me ayudaron a encontrar trabajo en lo que es mi pasión.

• Ricardo Trejos • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate
      Excelente experiencia con el Bootcamp, mi profesión es ingeniero civil, y este Bootcamp cambio mi enfoque y ahora tengo un mejor trabajo y día a día trabajo en lo que es mi pasión. De verdad cambiar mi profesión mejoro mi estilo de vida y mi felicidad. Toma riesgos y vive una vida de creador de tecnología.
    • Jesica Gómez

I had no prior knowledge of programming and thanks to this bootcamp to acquire the necessary knowledge to build my ideas. WTM opens the doors to the digital world and to the side Helps you to materialize your ideas and to give force to their dreams.

• Learning by doing
      - 9/20/2016
      Juan David Montoya Polanco • product owner • Graduate

I applied to this bootcamp when i see it was backed by the World Bank and several  local organizations. My interes was to learn to program so i could complement my others skills and also be able to develop my ideas.

In this bootcamp i found what i was looking for. I learnt how to program in html, css, ruby, ruby on rails and some javascript.

The methology was fast paced, you have to be alert and be active to learn properly.  If you fail to adapt to this you will fail in the course.

• Kevin Rojas • Web developer. • Student

I came from a another city just to apply to be part of the makers and i think it was the best decision i've ever made. Thank you Wtm for such amazing time

• Yonny Alexander Quiceno • Backend developer • Graduate

In a relative short amount of time i've significantly improved my programing habilities, i've gained a Ruby on Rails strong basis that gave me the posibility to begin working as backend developer with confidence; and to continue learning, now with a more focused vision. I've also learned about other important web development tools at the bootcamp, that complements the adquired RoR capabilities, like html, css, javascript, jquery, and AngularJS (among others).

I think that the program gives the required tools to develop web apps from scratch, and really can open the doors to the development world for anyone with the passion and desire to learn that it takes.

• Maria Paulina • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I had the opportunity of been taught for three months on the expertice of Ruby on Rails, one of the most popular framework around the world and create a product based on the knowledge adquired ... It was an amazing experience suitable for any person, with or without any experience on develope. At the end what counts is the effort and passion you put in everything you learn. Thanks to WTM team for being a support an giving us the tools for being the future Makers

• Awesome Experience
      - 7/24/2016
      Rafael Izidoro • Ruby Developer - Instructor • Graduate

I came to World Tech Makers after knowing Ilana in a local Ruby community group in Brazil. She told me about her awesome project, and ask me to tech on the first online Brazil class. I accepted right away.

Be a part of the first class was a tremendous experience in my life. Ilana is a very dedicated person, and was really enjoying experience to work with her.

I had the opportunity to know awesome people with great startup ideas.

After the class, many students got into the market as a Ruby on Rails developer, which is very rewarding.

World Tech Makers is a game changer for people who wants to learn how to program.

• Diana Acevedo • Graduate

I graduated from World Tech Makers last year and learned how to code web apps. The program was intense and the instructors know what they are doing - they all have years of experience in the industry and are the organisers of Ruby Conference, the largest Ruby on Rails event in Colombia. The bootcamp starts with a 1 week phase called prepwork then continues with front-end technologies (CSS, JS, jQuery, HTML) and Ruby/logic. Around week 5, comes rails and everything is project-based learning, so the contents are practical, easy to digest. You have to practice outside of the classroom and the instructors match the theoretical knowledge with coding challenges or other learning/practical evidence. The network World Tech Makers has is pretty impressive - you can reach out to people who built Rails in Chicago and also get connected to the top accelerators in the world. You can receive mentorships from entrepreneurs from organisations like Endeavor or startup owners in Silicon Valley who run startups themselves. You can get job offers at Globant, Imaginamos, Huge, Microsoft, Koombea or local startups also connected to them. A lot of what you get is what you are willing to put in hours of work and of being proactive. I think students would get more value if they had the option of start connecting with companies since the beginning. Many people are not comfortable networking for themselves specially in an industry where they are new. Also, because the program is part-time or fulltime (class and platform online), some students advance faster than others and the instructors need to follow up with all. Maybe opening weekend sessions for those who cannot put the hours outside of class? Other than that, I am very happy with the program and how it changes you.

• Maria del Mar Jaramillo • Anastasia Ecothique Founder

I came across World Tech Makers when I met its founder Ilana Milkes. Ilana is also a Global Shaper, one of the largest networks of young people changing the world. I was invited to become a mentor at the organisation and have been able to help students from all walks of life and different parts of the world: Colombia (Medellin, Bogota, Barranquilla, Cali), Brazil, Germany and Chile. Building any type of organization in emerging markets is difficult, specially when you are a woman. The startup has received national and international recognition for the quality of its programs, the quality of its team and the quality of its software products - from MassChallenge (winners) to being backed by investors like Tim Draper based in Silicon Valley. More than a praise about the organisation´s work, I want to invite students looking for coding bootcamps in the region to take a closer look at what World Tech Makers has accomplished in two years, and the lives of the students Ilana and her team have changed for the better.

• Felipe Campos • Student

I had the opportunity to know the work of World Tech Makers last July 24, 2014 to enroll in the program face bootcamps for beginners. In a few months, I took Tarefa, an application, now startup, which has led me to travel the world, impacting more than 100,000 users teaching my passion - mathematics. I managed to generate much traction and close sales as well as foreign investment that has transformed my way of seeing and experiencing the world.

Prior to programming bootcamp, I had no technical knowledge to allow me to create software. However, throughout the course, I acquired knowledge not only led me to create technology but also to undertake. After finishing the program, he continued support, contributing to my acceptance to the Startup Chile program, positioning my brand at the regional level - with offices in Chile and Brazil.

Despite having less than 2 years, World Tech Makers has proven to be a high-impact startup after training more than 150 people at the regional level. Its capacity for innovation is demonstrated by their Digital Native products, Bootcamps Online, Peace Maker, Remote and Free Games Series.

I'm sure Makers World Tech will continue to impact the lives of millions of people in the future and recommend the tangible and actual work carried out by the startup. I hope you see the potential I saw in this organization for both World Tech Makers positioning as the development of the region.

• Daniel Diaz • Graduate

I took the bootcamp full stack it was the best learning experience. I am one of the 400 students they have instructed. After the bootcamp they have been helping me with conections of organizations like Mass Challenge since they won that contest. They have been working with organizations like local goberment here in Colombia and privet sector.

• Awesome Community
      - 7/19/2016
      Juan David Reyes • Student

I've had the pleasure of being an alumni of the first generation of WTM. The bootcamp was pioneer in my country (Colombia) and was the perfect opportunity of being part of a vibrant community of students and great mentors. That's what I value the most, I was connected with John Contreras an experienced developer who was so helpful in my learning process.

The instructors were amazing, seriously. Andrés (developer at Globant) and Guille (Rails core member!!!), were an incredible guide and patient people resolving my doubts. Last but not least, the selection of people that become your friends on the learning path are the best way to keep you motivated and good peer-pressure to improve everyday.

- 5/16/2016

Awful this is some mind of scam the instructor put YouTube vídeos in the class, the material sucks and can even finish this horrible experience. Don't throw your money in this. Please !

There are many bootcamps for you to choose from and there is absolutly no reason to choose this one.  In expereienced instructors, unresponsive management and almost purely zero organization.  This is one of the few organizations that atcually brings a healthy dose of negiative influence to the wonderful field of web development.

The World Tech Makers team helped me launch my career as a web developer and showed me the best way to get a job quickly. The instructor, Rafael, was fantastic and helped me with every little question I had. Thanks WTM!!