world-tech-makers-logo

World Tech Makers

Barcelona, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Guadalajara, Medellín, Mexico City, Santiago, Sao Paulo

World Tech Makers

World Tech Makers is a 12-week digital education program based in Latin America. WTM focuses on major web technologies like Ruby on Rails, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Git, and more. The 12-week intensive bootcamp offers tracks in development or entrepreneurship, and no previous coding experience is required. Participation in the program also promises access to an international network of partner companies and continuing access to an online educational platform. The program concludes with a Demo Day where students are given the chance to present the applications and websites they created during the course.

Recent World Tech Makers Reviews: Rating 4.27

all (23) reviews for World Tech Makers →

Recent World Tech Makers News

• Bootcamp Frontend

LocationGuadalajara, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Bogotá, Barcelona, Medellín
      Part-time Comienza el 16 de octubre al 15 de diciembre En español.
      Deposit3,000 USD
      Minimum Skill LevelNo necesita experiencia previa
    • Daniela Cardona Alzate  User Photo
      Daniela Cardona Alzate • Geological Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub
       I've been able to experience alignment with my purpose thanks to all the team work of World Tech Makers. I've seen an integral project that goes forward with the 19 Sustainable Development Goals of the UN, through education, technology and human bounds. As a Colombian person, I believe that this project has an invaluable impact and that's why I would highly recommend it to everyone!!!
    • Roberto Martinez  User Photo
      Roberto Martinez • Account Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Hello all, my name is Roberto Martinez. I from mexico, and i took one of the bootcamps with world tech makers a year ago. I was in mexico few years ago with the idea of give another way to my life and i decided to try the programing side. i was looking around and everything was expensive and i wasnt sure if i was good enought to give that money. one day looking around i found some advertisement from world tech makers and they were offering me the same class program for way cheaper. i tood the classes and i get in love of programing. today i live in europe and i work for an international company i keep in touch with my classmates and ilana the founder of world tech... i just loved and i tottaly recomend it...

please feel free to contact me if you need to know alittle bit more about this experience.

• Intro a React
      - 8/22/2017
      Gerlis Alvarez Cardona • Desarrollador

Muy buena introduccion para empezar con reactJS.

• CARLOS NAVARRO • .Net Senior Developer

Fue una muy buena charla para iniciar con React, la exposición clara, el presentador tuvo la capacidad y disposición para responder todo tipo de preguntas, no sé si sería por problemas con el canal pero la visualización del código en YouTube podría mejorarse para no requerir tanto zoom. Espero gustoso la charla de mañana para continuar aprendiendo. Muchas gracias!

• Excelente
      - 8/22/2017
      Eddie Fernando Villadiego Diaz • Applicant

Para mí que apenas estoy asomando la cabeza en este fantástico framework se me hace demasiado mágico que haya hispanos enseñandolo, y qué calidad. Los felicito.

• Dave

I contacted Illana about registering for a course in Colombia, and after their website booking appointment app failed, I had to find and email her personally to get another interview.

I was interested in the course, ready to relocate continents (from Europe) and was told I'd be getting a follow up email with information.

Nothing came. Nada. I emailed her and said this (screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/n59oce4vBGj6):

Ilana,

I'm pretty disappointed that you never sent any information or followed up with me after the call. I showed considerable interest in the program and was ready to sign up - and temporarily move to Colombia, but you never followed up.

I ended up enrolling with a bootcamp in the US, and I'll be starting in January - my business could have been yours but for some reason you decided to neglect me.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to other potential candidates.

Dave

**This is the reply I received***

****end**

I can't believe this is how this company does business. Ridiculous.

• Carlos Jaramillo • cejaramillof@gmail.com • Graduate

Este bootcamp fue una muy grata experiencia, pues cambio totalmente mi vida; Me dio la motivacion, el conocimiento y me ayudaron a encontrar trabajo en lo que es mi pasión.

• Ricardo Trejos • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate
      Excelente experiencia con el Bootcamp, mi profesión es ingeniero civil, y este Bootcamp cambio mi enfoque y ahora tengo un mejor trabajo y día a día trabajo en lo que es mi pasión. De verdad cambiar mi profesión mejoro mi estilo de vida y mi felicidad. Toma riesgos y vive una vida de creador de tecnología.
    • Jesica Gómez

I had no prior knowledge of programming and thanks to this bootcamp to acquire the necessary knowledge to build my ideas. WTM opens the doors to the digital world and to the side Helps you to materialize your ideas and to give force to their dreams.

• Learning by doing
      - 9/20/2016
      Juan David Montoya Polanco • product owner • Graduate

I applied to this bootcamp when i see it was backed by the World Bank and several  local organizations. My interes was to learn to program so i could complement my others skills and also be able to develop my ideas.

In this bootcamp i found what i was looking for. I learnt how to program in html, css, ruby, ruby on rails and some javascript.

The methology was fast paced, you have to be alert and be active to learn properly.  If you fail to adapt to this you will fail in the course.

• Kevin Rojas • Web developer. • Student

I came from a another city just to apply to be part of the makers and i think it was the best decision i've ever made. Thank you Wtm for such amazing time