vanderbilt-university-boot-camps-logo

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps

Nashville, Nashville

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time, and 24-week, part-time courses in web development; 24-week, part-time courses in data analytics and cybersecurity; and an 18-week, part-time course in digital marketing. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll in the boot camps, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Vanderbilt University Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will have access to a range of career services through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Vanderbilt University and will complete the program with a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics, or skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Vanderbilt University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (19) reviews for Vanderbilt University Boot Camps →

Recent Vanderbilt University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationNashville
      Vanderbilt University Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
      Available through Climb Credit
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationNashville
      This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
      Payment plans available
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationNashville
      Vanderbilt University Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
      Payment plans available
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationNashville
      Vanderbilt University Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
      Available through Climb Credit
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    • Review
      - 6/6/2019
      Cameron Forrest • Sharepoint App Admin • Student

This course is built in a way to give you the concepts and understand programming  but as well push you to have to put in the hours to actually learn. If you want to just come to class and expect to know how to code ... Sorry you won’t find that any where  but if you are willing to put in the hours you will definitely walk away with ability to continuously learn new technologies  post graduation. I ended up landing a job that required me to do about 30% of coding throughout my daily task and it is amazing. This class was by far the hardest thing I’ve done maybe even harder than my entire undergraduate degree but well worth it if you are willing to put in the time outside of class. I quickly learned that I wouldn’t enjoy having to code every day in the job force but definitely enjoyed being able to use my dev skills in any job. This knowledge pushed me ahead of other applicants and allows me to be very effective in my new role. Only thing I burned out near last month or so of classes.  but it’s because of having to learn new technologies in my new role while also packing all of the new technologies through Vanderbilt. All in all if you’ve been wanting to try a bootcamp I can definitely say well worth it take the risk and grind hard once your in!

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Thanks, Cameron! Like you mentioned, if you're willing to put in the hours and dedicate yourself to mastering the topics, you can be successful. We're happy to hear you're utilizing your newfound web development skills in your current job role. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we're rooting you on in your future endeavors!
    • Full-Stack Camp
      - 6/6/2019
      John Westbrooks • Student

Unlike some of my classmates in the Bootcamp, I had just graduated from a local university with a bachelor's of science in computer science shortly before our class began. My prior academic experience of programming has given me a unique perspective on the effectiveness of the curriculum, and I am very happy to say that I'm a true believer in the program. As someone who has never programmed before, the skills and knowledge you develop in this program with JavaScript will be applicable to learning further programming languages on your own as you expand your skillset. One of the best things about this curriculum is it is prepares studentds to become self-learners in the field of programming. I'd also like to encouragre any recent computer science graduates who are interested in the program to sign up as well. It is an excellent, and cost effective, way to continue your education if you're having trouble finding that first job. Also, throughout this experience, the staff has been absolutely wonderful; TAs, Instructors, and last but not least, our amazingly compassionate Student Success Manager. She wears her passion and empathy for her students on her sleeve. The TAs and Instructors are knowledable, personable, and invested in seeing you succeed.  In conclusion, I would like to wish anyone reading this the best of luck with this program, and encourage all to take a chance on it.

Thursday, Jun 06 2019
      Thank you, John! We're thrilled you learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you recommending our program! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
    • Bettina • educator • Student

If you think that this will be a place where you can learn at you own pace and have everything explained in detail, you would be incorrect.  The class goes at break-neck speed. As someone who vacillated between being self-taught and going through a bootcamp, I will encourage you to do this bootcamp.

You will still have to be self-taught.  You will spend numerous hours outside of class learning the material.  The benefit of this bootcamp is that you will have your code reviewed by experts in the field and have other peers that you can learn from and support each other through this experience.  You will learn best practices for writing your code and how to digest documentation that is written in "geekspeak." You will also learn the material at a faster rate than you would on your own.  The deadlines and homework will also hold you accountable for your learning. Let's be honest very few people exist that will be so self-disciplined to spend all this time learning for 7 months on their own.  The group projects will also give you real-world experience coding and using code source control with others to achieve a common goal. Also as a newbie, I want you to know that some, if not most of your classmates will have previous coding experience and work currently in field, so do not compare your learning speed to that of others.

Since not only the instructors but as well as the TAs are  currently in the field, they can help you know what to expect when you enter the job market, help you define an area of focus, and review and prepare for your interviews.  The instructors and TA are also very supportive and will spend many hours outside of the normal office hours assisting you and answering questions. One on One tutoring is also available.  You will build a network of people and knowledge that will assist you in your job search.

Tuesday, Jun 04 2019
      Way to go, Bettina! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the in-person classroom experience and benefited from the support of our instructional team. We appreciate the helpful advice you provided for aspiring learners—utilizing office hours and tutoring can help you better understand the topics covered. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
    • Vandy Bootcamp
      - 6/1/2019
      Cody • Student

This has been an amazing experience, the instructors are very knowledgable in their fields and are willing to go the extra mile to help you. The course work is challenging and it does require a number of hours outside of class to get the most out of the program.

The Success Manager had been a great help to talk to, she has helped me work through some of the issues surrounding the bootcamp (job search nerves, impostor syndrome, etc.) and is always around and available.

Lastly the Career Services team has been fantastic in their presentations and information that they provide to help us with our searching.

Overall: worth the investment.

Tuesday, Jun 04 2019
      Amazing, Cody! We're thrilled you enjoyed the boot camp and found our entire team to be both knowledgeable and supportive. Like you noted, this program will require you to dedicate extensive time outside of class to truly master the material, so we commend all your hard work. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Kyra Davis • Student
      Vanderbilt's Full Stack Coding Boot Camp has been an amazing experience. The instructors are extremely informative, patient, and available when it comes to helping the students. Tutoring is an option, as well, so the support is always there. We also have a great Student Success Manager who is available to help with any issues that may affect our progress, such as life events and personal needs for learning. The curriculum has been designed to help students learn skills that are currently in demand, and the career services allow the students excel in the job market, as opposed to being somewhat competitive. The career aspect of this program is important to me, as I was laid off from a tech start up and will be looking to start a new career in coding soon after graduation. I am confident in the skills I am learning and the amazing support behind me.
      Friday, May 31 2019
      Thank you for sharing your current program experience, Kyra! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the boot camp and are finding our entire team to be supportive. We applaud all the hard work you've dedicated thus far and are rooting you on as you continue towards successfully finishing out the course!
    • Missy Barringer • Student

I left my job after a buyout so I found myself looking to make a career change at age 55. I was googling bootcamps and Vandy's popped up. As a previous RN & perfusionist at Vandy, I knew that it would be a great place to go. Knowing myself and the way I learn best I also knew I would stay on track better with going to a physical school & having deadlines instead of trying to learn on my own. It was absolutely the best choice for me, I love the friends I've made and my awesome instructors and TA's. At halfway through, I have no regrets and am learning soooo much in every class. It definitely was out of my comfort zone so I want to encourage others to persist if interested and don't let fear stop you. If I can do it you can as well, it just takes grit and persistance and it does eventually sink in and get easier!

Tuesday, Apr 16 2019
      Thank you so much for your review, Missy! We're thrilled you chose our program to make a significant career change. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our boot camp team and made lasting connections with your classmates. Great advice for prospective students—stay determined and don't let your fears stop you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your coding endeavors!

Taking the Full Stack Web Development bootcamp has been the best decision I have ever made. This bootcamp has been challenging, It requires a lot of hours to practice and understand what we learned in classes because it moves quickly due to being a bootcamp The support from career director, TA's and instructors has been amazing. In the last 6 months I have learned a lot and I'm so happy I chose to study here.

Friday, Jun 14 2019
      Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future coding endeavors!