vanderbilt-university-boot-camps-logo

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps

Nashville, Nashville

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time, and 24-week, part-time courses in web development; 24-week, part-time courses in data analytics and cybersecurity; and an 18-week, part-time course in digital marketing. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll in the boot camps, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Vanderbilt University Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will have access to a range of career services through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Vanderbilt University and will complete the program with a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data analytics, or skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

Vanderbilt University Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Vanderbilt University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (22) reviews for Vanderbilt University Boot Camps →

Recent Vanderbilt University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationNashville
      Vanderbilt University Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
      Available through Climb Credit
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationNashville
      This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
      Payment plans available
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationNashville
      Vanderbilt University Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
      Payment plans available
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
      LocationNashville
      Vanderbilt University Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
      Available through Climb Credit
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    • Courtez Cannady  User Photo
      Courtez Cannady • Systems Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub
      I decided to pursue this career path because I wanted to make a career change and knew where I wanted to go but did not have the skills. I hold a Computer Science degree but the coding I learned in college years ago did not stick. After researching bootcamps I felt that there was an opportunity to better learn coding and make a career move. This was such a great experience! I learned new skills and feel that I can take them to the workforce and succeed. I enjoyed the challenges and projects as I felt they gave me a real opportunity to showcase what I learned each module. I would tell any prospective students that this will be a challenge but if you commit to it and devote time to the course you will succeed in it.
      Monday, May 23 2022
      Amazing, Courtez! We appreciate your review and are so glad to hear that you found your boot camp experience helpful in gaining new skills. Like you mentioned, the program can be challenging but rewarding for those willing to put in the time necessary to succeed. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Chris Warren  User Photo
      Chris Warren • Student Verified via GitHub
      I entered this program a beginner in the field of coding. I am a 47 year old pastor who was looking for something new. I hoped to gain skills to start a new career or to supplement the work that I already do in ministry. I am just past the halfway point in my course, and I have made a huge amount of progress toward those goals.
      I chose the Vanderbilt program for several reasons. First, I am a graduate of Vanderbilt with a bachelor's degree in music and a master's degree in Divinity, so I have some loyalty to the school itself. I know what a good quality of education is available through Vandy.
      Second, as a full-time pastor, I needed a course that had accessible hours of class. The camp I am in meets two nights a week in class and then  has a much larger portion of the class that I am able to complete on my own time. This takes planning, discipline, and persistence, and so far I have been able to keep up with everything while still working full-time.
      It hasn't been easy, and I don't imagine the course would be easy even if it was all I had to do. The material is hard and for a beginner like me much of it is totally foreign. Every week is a new and previously unknown topic. I spend lots of time outside class going through lessons, digging through other Internet resources, and working on assignments.
      Sometimes it is really frustrating, although over the course of the past several weeks I have learned to become more comfortable with not knowing everything. That's very different from my previous, more traditional education. This field is one where there is always something new to learn, and there are commonly unforeseen issues that stall completion of projects.
      One of the best things about this course is the access I have to help when I hit a roadblock. I have a tutor assigned to me, I have access to the teaching assistants several times per week, and I have access to a 24/7 help system. One thing I had to learn early was not to be too prideful to use these resources. Much of my best learning in the class has been as I worked through trouble spots with these resource people.
      The best advice for success I have is, give yourself some grace.  You aren't going to get it immediately, and that's OK. Every week is something brand new. Over time, however, you will be able to look back and be shocked at all the new skills you do have, even if they aren't completely solid yet.
      If you are looking for something new and you are willing to put in the time, this is a great way to learn these new skills.
      Wednesday, Apr 27 2022
      Thanks so much, Chris! We appreciate you choosing our boot camp to learn a completely new skill set. Like you mentioned, this is a rigorous course that will require extensive time so we commend all the hard work you've dedicated to your studies thus far. We're glad to hear you've been benefiting from the support of our tutors and are utilizing all the available resources. Great advice for prospective students — not understanding all the material at the onset is completely normal, so give yourself the liberty to make mistakes and learn through the challenges that arise. We look forward to helping you successfully finish out the program! Happy studying.
    • Loretta Constant  User Photo
      Loretta Constant • Verified via LinkedIn
      My Journey to join Vanderbilt University Digital Marketing Boot Camp started with a nudge from an advertising I saw on Instagram and a desire to achieve something during a challenging year !! I read it several times and smiled as imagined myself becoming a digital marketer… Everything about the course description screamed my  name(LORETTA YOU GOTTA DO THIS!!) My current job had transitioned to contractual work due to Covid. I was finishing real estate school and desired a way to stand out with new digital marketing skills.

Upon joining the class, I was extremely excited but nervous about being able to keep up with the other brilliant minds I began to meet from class. I immediately called the class support team available and asked one simple question…Do you think I can do this? I was bombarded with a YES, YOU CAN from Kate Rogers! My professor, Omar  and his assistant, Joey have poured hours into our class building my confidence with each topic we learn. My favorite has been learning to create “Audience Personas”!! It’s like discovering a hidden talent. Finding out this class is a career path has put a belief inside of me I haven’t felt in years!! As each topic was put together I began to see that I can do this!! I can become a full time or freelance digital marketer! I can help a business grow through all of these skills I’ve gained.

If I can share some quick advice with anyone reading this I would say communicate your “pain points” early on with the support team and stay on task with due dates of assignments!!! You will find office hours, tutoring, and study groups to be your best resources. Reading the resources before class has also become a best practice of mine. Keep pushing and carve out some time for yourself to learn this new journey. You deserve this kind of joy.

Monday, Feb 07 2022
      Incredible, Loretta! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change and advance your digital marketing skills. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're glad this truly resonated with you — we couldn't agree more that Kate, Omar, and Joey are all fantastic. Great advice on using available resources including attending office hours, tutoring, and study groups. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Erik  User Photo
      Erik • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The Vanderbilt Cyber Security Boot Camp is one of the most engaging educational endeavors I've ever embarked on. From their incredibly knowledgeable staff to their excellent Career Services team, every step of the boot camp felt specifically tailored towards direct current industry best practices and applications. Through this boot camp, I was able to leverage my current IT knowledge and pivot that knowledge towards a securities focus. Several of my classmates who had no experience in IT at all also found a way to leverage their previous experience. The camp is for everyone, but don't let that convince you that it's not thorough. Its fast-paced environment means you're constantly wrangling with architectures, methods, and languages that you may have little to no understanding of, but I found this to be a welcome challenge as opposed to a hindrance. The balance of knowledge that is dispersed in class versus knowledge you're expected to accumulate on your own I feel is very representative of a real-word enterprise environment, setting their students up to excel in the workforce post-gradutation. Their Career Services team is there every step of the way to provide resources, feedback, and even one-on-one career coaching should you need/want it. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this program, and I would recommend it to anyone who's looking to get a strong foundational grasp on the world of cyber security and/or network administration.
      Wednesday, Apr 21 2021
      We appreciate your review, Erik! It's great to hear you had an engaging educational journey in our boot camp and felt supported by our entire team every step of the way. Like you noted, our course is designed to cater to both experienced professionals and beginners, as such it is fast-paced and will require serious commitment to mastering the topics covered. We couldn't agree more that taking advantage of all the available assistance and resources from career services will help you better prepare to step out into the job market. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
    • Abbi Plumb  User Photo
      Abbi Plumb • Marketing Coordinator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I chose to join the digital marketing world to gain a better knowledge and understanding about the impact and influence social media, and other online platforms, has on our daily lives. For about 3 years now, I've been running social media accounts for several small businesses with an occasional email blast, and that's pretty much it. I know there is so much more to digital marketing than just Instagram and Facebook. So I joined Vanderbilt University's Digital Marketing Bootcamp to further my knowledge and really understand everything that goes into digital marketing itself. And boy is there a lot to know!

I love that this program is only 18 weeks long with 3 classes a week. During the week, class doesn't start until the evening so I have plenty of time to come home from work and get settled before. There is 1 class on Saturdays as well, but 3-4 hours on a Saturday is doable for 18 weeks. I also love that there are no quizzes or tests, and instead there is a homework every week and 2 big group projects. There are two very knowledgable TA's that sit through each class with you to jump in to answer questions or explain things more in-depth. They give great real life examples that really help you to understand the material further and apply it in real life situations.

This bootcamp covers SO much material, but the corresponding homeworks and in-class activities are great in helping me to catch on pretty quickly. My advice to you would be to attend EVERY class. Because they cover so much during each class, you don't want to miss out on any valuable information. I found it helpful to take notes prior to class so that I could pay attention and listen while the instructor is speaking. I have already been able to apply some of what I've learned to real life situations; including confidently giving someone advice on best SEO practices for their website (which I knew absolutely nothing about before)! Overall, I would definitely recommend this class to anyone who is looking to explore the digital marketing world, or to just further their knowledge and understanding of digital marketing.

Tuesday, Feb 16 2021
      Way to go, Abbi! We're thrilled to hear you're further developing your understanding of digital marketing and adding new skills to your current knowledge base. Our program is designed to be flexible, allowing students to balance their studies with their personal commitments, so it's great to know this schedule is benefiting you. Great advice for prospective learners—attending class and taking notes will definitely help you better understand the course material. We commend all the hard work you have dedicated thus far and look forward to helping you through the completion of the boot camp!
    • Sammantha Sasenick  User Photo
      Sammantha Sasenick • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I decided to pursue a career in Tech after many years in the service industry. When I learned about this coding bootcamp I signed up almost immediately and knew it would be a great investment for my future. My favorite aspect of the program is how much we covered in the 24 weeks, and the amount of support I had when running into issues and tackling a new learning curve. If you're thinking about joining this bootcamp, I say DO IT, but be prepared for long hours and lots of brain-bending learning, it is not for the faint of heart! I don't regret a single minute of it.
      Tuesday, Jul 28 2020
      Amazing, Sammantha! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. We couldn't agree more with your advice for prospective students — you should definitely come in prepared to dedicate extensive hours both inside and outside the classroom. Congratulations on successfully graduating and best of luck moving forward!
    • Stephen Webb  User Photo
      Stephen Webb • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Learning how to code can be daunting. Where do I start? All of this content online is overwhelming. Coming from a background in retail these are the things I would ask myself when I was going the self-taught route. I tried to teach myself how to code for a few months and when something got hard or I didn't understand a topic I would constantly change up tutorials and never make any progress. Then I came across the Vanderbilt Bootcamp on a google ad and it piqued my interest. I read tons of reviews, forums,  and watched many videos trying to get insight into what a Bootcamp is like.  So I took a gamble and signed up. I can honestly say have no regrets about that decision. From the get-go, the Student success manager makes you feel welcome and keeps you well informed of the logistics of the program.  Everything is laid out for you.  You must put in the work in and outside of class. This program is great at starting you with the basics of programming and working in the full-stack. There is a lot of content in the world being utilized so they have to go over so many different techs that's why you must do your part and take it further outside of class. Don't sign up if you just want a certificate. Do sign up if you have a passion for this field and want to make a career change. The biggest difference "to me" with being self-taught and taking this course is the constant onslaught of homework and projects. The best way to learn how to code is to build projects!  This course kept me accountable week after week with implementing new technologies into projects with a due date. Having classmates struggle with me and succeed with me was also worth every dollar I spent. I feel our cohort who went through tornadoes and coronavirus obstacles have become life long friends. The instructors and the Teacher assistant's want to see you succeed in this program, and I continue to seek their advice now outside of graduation.  That is invaluable to me. So now after 6 months, I have no reservations about applying to a job with the title web-developer. I now feel confident in my abilities to begin a new life in this industry. I highly recommend this program if you have a true passion to learn how to code.
      Thursday, Apr 30 2020
      Thank you, Stephen! We're thrilled you chose our program to make a significant career change. It's great to know you felt supported by our entire boot camp team along the way. We strive to foster a collaborative environment, so we're happy you were able to form close connections with your classmates.

Like you mentioned, in order to be successful it's important to be willing to dedicate extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we commend all the hard work you committed to your studies! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
    • Tom Elliott  User Photo
      Tom Elliott • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This course lasted 6 months and was a firehose of information. If you can keep up with the rapid pace, you will learn the basics of HTML, CSS, Javascript/JQuery, Node, Express, SQL, MongoDB, Handlebars, React and programming fundamentals. There is not much in the way of in-depth instruction for each of these topics, but you will gain some small experience in each. By the end you will have a portfolio of web pages to display your newly gained skills. Teacher support is generally good with each class having an Instructor and 2 TAs. After graduation, career services are offered to help you with your resume, LinkedIn profile, interview coaching, etc.

Tuesday, Jan 21 2020
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Tom! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire team. Like you noted, this course is fast-paced and as such will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom to master the material covered. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on as you continue forward!
    • Terrence Mahnken  User Photo
      Terrence Mahnken • Senior Consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Since entering the IT field as my second career, I had been struggling to find a path to pursue. After a couple of years of using free materials and tutorials, I decided to set my course on development and make the investment of participating in a structured boot camp. For me, the structure, in-person collaboration, and guidance from experienced developers were very appealing. The Vanderbilt University Coding Boot Camp proved to be the right decision. The instructors and TAs were very supportive and encouraging. The curriculum was challenging yet attainable, and the career services staff provided valuable insight into the hiring process and what recruiters and technical hiring managers are looking for.

My cohort, in particular, was extremely diverse in terms of age, ethnicity, background, and technical experience. Throughout the course, we learned, grew, and sometimes struggled together. Along the way, I ended up fostering some great relationships. In terms of the instruction, my teachers not only taught the provided curriculum with clarity and detail but also provided their personal anecdotes and interactions with the technology. On many occasions, my instructors would teach the class extra concepts and technologies if there was interest and if time allowed. Overall, I would highly recommend this program to anyone considering making a career change or wanting to plant themselves into the developer realm.

Monday, Oct 14 2019
      Way to go, Terrence! We're thrilled you chose our program to make a significant career change and benefited from the ongoing support of our entire boot camp team. We strive to cultivate a collaborative environment with individuals from varying professional backgrounds, so we're glad to hear you made lifelong connections. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Eric Crawford  User Photo
      Eric Crawford • Student Verified via GitHub

If you are looking to break into software development, I feel like this course is an excellent option.  The instructors, TAs and student success manager all seem genuinely interested in seeing the students succeed.  No one sugar coats the reality of this course and field - you must put in the hard work to succeed.  However, this course provides the instruction and structure for those who want to put in the hard work and become a software developer.

Monday, Jun 24 2019
      Amazing, Eric! Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success, so we're happy to hear this truly resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Robert Stuart  User Photo
      Robert Stuart • Java Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The course was structured, pretty good lesson plan, a mental challenge and a coding workout.  Started good, engaging in the middle, but the last 3 to 5 weeks were very disappointing.  It was as if the curriculum director took personal time off with c#(c-sharp).  Students and instructors were both dog paddling in the deep end, barely covering anything useful.  This was really the only disappointment.  We still have one more lecture and final projects.

I would recommend the course to anyone interested in a career in application development.

Tuesday, Jun 25 2019
      Thank you for your insight, Robert! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the boot camp structure.

Based on your feedback, we understand you would have liked to cover C# more comprehensively. During your cohort, we hosted a special "regional" week for module four of our curriculum. Based on extensive student input, our instructional team's insight, and regional demands, we restructured our lesson plans around this popular language. We understand that not all teaching styles will resonate with all students, but we pride ourselves on teaching students how to learn so that they can build a strong foundational skill set to master additional languages and frameworks following graduation. Our course material is constantly being optimized to align with market demands, so we appreciate your feedback.

It's our goal for all students to complete the program feeling equipped with the knowledge and resources they need to be successful. If you would like, please reach out to us at (615) 200-1138 to discuss any other ways we can assist you at this time. We commend all the hard work you have dedicated thus far and are rooting you on toward graduation!
    • Ben Shurts  User Photo
      Ben Shurts • Student Verified via GitHub

Before this bootcamp, I was taking online video courses on the basics of front end web development and putting in around 10-15 hours a week, and getting some real skills that felt like I could actually take this hobby and make it a career. All of those hopes went down the drain when I saw what employers are asking, even of an entry level junior dev.

I wanted to find a bootcamp that would enhance my front end skills and drag me out of my comfort zone and into the scary world of full stack development.

And boy was it uncomfortable. In the best way possible.

Looking back 6 months and seeing the breadth of knowledge that myself and my fellow developers have gained, I can say without hesitation that this bootcamp was the right decision for me.

Despite the financial and employment hesitations I had before committing to this class, I am coming out on the other side confident that I have real marketable value and will be able to make a fun and fulfilling career out of web development.

If you are considering this or any other bootcamp, know that for every hour I spent in class, I spent two or thee outside grinding on homework, projects and additional content. It is difficult to balance work, life, class and homework. It is frustrating at times. You will have doubts. But if development is something you can spend hours doing and still don't want to quit the next day, then take the dive.

I'm so thankful that I did.

Shout outs to all of the teaching staff, both instructors and TAs. They led us through a difficult and jam packed course with a sense of humor and humility that kept us grounded.

Friday, Jun 14 2019
      Thank you for sharing your student experience, Ben! We're thrilled you took the chance to step outside your comfort zone and pursue a new career path. Like you noted, this course will require extensive time and commitment during and outside of the classroom. We applaud all the hard work you've dedicated thus far and are glad to hear you're finding our entire team to be fully supportive. We can't wait to see you successfully finish out the program in a few weeks!