university-of-toronto-school-of-continuing-studies-boot-camps-logo

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps

Average Rating4.28
82 Reviews
8 Courses

The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps offer a 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development program, 24-week, part-time programs in data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology, and UX/UI, and an 18-week, part-time program in digital marketing. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes progra...

82 University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Reviews

• Nicole Douglas
    Sep 22, 2021

UX UI Design

Overall I really enjoyed the bootcamp. It went by so quickly and it was exactly what i expected it to be. I thought the support was great, they were always checking in and you really felt like they cared about your success.
    three things that i wish could have been better.
    1. I wish we had more time for the last group project and I think towards the end of the course it was very stressful to get all your assignments done a few days before the class ended as well as your group proje...

Sep 23, 2021

Amazing, Nicole! We're thrilled the course met your expectations and that you felt supported by our entire team. We appreciate your feedback as we are constantly working on optimizing our curriculum to ensure individuals are learning the most valuable skills and concepts. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Carlo Monasterial
    IT Specialist • Student • Toronto
    Sep 10, 2021

Cybersecurity

A 24-week UofT SCS Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security.

Sep 14, 2021

We appreciate your review, Carlo! It's great to hear you're enjoying the curriculum. We applaud all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on as you move forward to completing the boot camp!
  • Keith Louis
    Financial Advisor • Student • Financial Technology - Part-Time • Toronto
    Aug 03, 2021

U of T SCS FinTech Boot Camp

The Covid-19 pandemic led to changes in the financial industry and more specifically to the limited interaction between advisors and their clientele. With fifteen years of experience in the industry, I realized these changes were necessary and may be the way forward during and after the pandemic. My research on the best course of actions with regards to progressing and being relevant in the ever-changing world of financial planning led me to the U of T SCS Fintech Boot Camp.

Aug 06, 2021

Incredible, Keith! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to further develop your skill set. Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling learner success, so we're glad this is resonating with you and that you're benefiting from their ongoing support. Great advice for interested candidates — having an open mind and willingness to master the material will truly help you succeed. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on as you continue towards completing the boot camp!
  • Lida
    Data Analyst • Graduate • Toronto
    Jun 26, 2021

Data Analytics Boot Camp in University of Toronto

I recently graduated from Data Analytics Bootcamp in Toronto. In the beginning I had so much doubts about starting the program and leaving my previous career after 20 years! I questioned myself if I had made the right call to go back to school and challenge myself at age of 53! I was afraid but kept trying. Every week I learned something new and exciting that pushed me forward. Just one week after my graduation I landed an internship position with a growing Data Analytics company in Sili...

Jul 01, 2021

Amazing, Lida! It's great to hear you didn't let fear or doubt stop you from pursuing a different career field. We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and feel confident tackling challenges with your new skill set. Congratulations on not only successfully completing the boot camp but also landing an exciting new role! All the best moving forward.
  • Carla Ramos
    Graduate • Toronto
    Apr 03, 2021

Amazing Bootcamp!

Just completed UX/UI Design Bootcamp from University of Toronto. I decided to pursue this career path as it has been something I’ve been very fond (Webdesign and problem solving) of and curious if it can be a new career for me. From the beginning , I was already very impressed and pleased on the professionalism and understanding of the student advisor I had when I was just inquiring about the program.
    From there on, meeting the instructor, assistant instructors,...

Apr 07, 2021

We appreciate your review, Carla! Thank you for choosing our program to pursue your interest in UX/UI and kickstart a new career path. Our entire team strives to enable learner success, so it's great to hear this resonated with you. Great advice for prospective participants—becoming organized, managing your time, and continuously collaborating with your instructors will help you master the topics covered. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and all the best moving forward!
  • Daniel Slobodscoy
    Full Stack developer • Graduate • Toronto
    Dec 05, 2020

Full Stack Developer

I graduated Full Stack Web Development - Flex Part Time in July of 2020. It was a great and challenging experience. I could not have done it without the assistance of extremely talented and supportive instructing team in which I would take this opportunity to thank Edward Apostal.

Ed has incredible knowledge and experience in this field and beyond, which he shared with the class to give us the real understanding into current work model and better prepared us to be employer ready....

Dec 10, 2020

Amazing, Daniel! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the ongoing support of our instructional team and couldn't agree more that Edward is pretty fantastic. We strive to be responsive and encouraging throughout the entire learning journey, so we're glad this truly resonated with you. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your review! All the best as you continue moving forward.
  • Stuart Schofield
    Consultant • Graduate • Cybersecurity - Part-Time • Toronto
    Jul 23, 2020

Intense and thorough with quality instructional team!

This program is for you if you are prepared to work hard and invest the time into the weekly deliverables. You will gain an excellent foundation in Cybersecurity. The industry professionals that make up the instructional team are exceptional, and I was truly blown away with the practical application of what we were learning.

This program is hands-on from beginning to end, with activities such as building a secure cloud network, performing a forensics based investigation on iPhone ...

Jul 24, 2020

Way to go, Stuart! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. Great advice for prospective learners — this program will require you to dedicate extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, so every individual should come in prepared to work hard.

Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we truly appreciate your recommendation and review! We're confident you will go on to do incredible things with your newfound skillset.
  • Matthew D
    Jr. Helpdesk Analyst • Student • Toronto
    Jan 11, 2020

Cybersecurity Bootcamp Review

I am extremely pleased with the experience I had with the Cybersecurity bootcamp I completed. Between the instructor, TAs and Christina our course coordinator the level of support and motivation was excellent. The material itself was challenging but made understandable by a great team. I highly reccommend this course to anyone who wants to learn practical cybersecurity skills and applications.

Jan 13, 2020

Amazing, Matthew! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience and felt supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we truly appreciate your review and recommendation! All the best moving forward.
  • Humera Inam
    Dec 24, 2019

UofT SCS Cybersecurity Boot Camp

Having a background in Business Administration I chose this field because Cybersecurity is an in-demand, fast-growing. It is one of the Information Technology domains which are becoming more and more challenging. One of the best things about the Cybersecurity is that you get an opportunity to work with top-class organizations after getting the required skill sets.  You will be a part of an exciting and challenging field. My UofT's experience so far has been amazing! It is evident tha...

Jan 02, 2020

Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Humera! Our entire team is passionate about enabling learner success, so we're thrilled this resonated with you. Like you mentioned, this program will require ambition and commitment, so we commend all the hard work you've dedicated thus far. We're rooting you on as you continue towards completing the course!
  • Gordon Li
    Feb 02, 2019

Definitely worth it if you put in the time

They do a great job of preparing you for the course starting with the pre-work which gives you a good start to understanding how to code. They make sure that you know that it is a very difficult course, but you end up having a lot of support from the TAs and staff.

The homework is very difficult, but if you put in the time, it should not be a problem. If you need extra help, you can request to have a tutor to help you.

Not only do you work on solo projects like homewo...

Feb 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, Gordon! We're glad to hear you felt supported by our instructional team and utilized all the boot camp's resources. Congratulations on your hard work, we wish you all the success in your future endeavors!
  • Kyle Robinson

Great Value

Learning the various languages (Javascript, React, Node, MongoDB and many more) in this curriculum will set you aside from competition in your future endeavors, whatever those may be. I was extremely young going into this program, still in the middle of my undergraduate degree, but with hard work and the great support of the instructors as well as the academic support worker, I had no doubts that I could complete this program to the best of my ability. I highly recommend this program to an...

Jan 07, 2019

Amazing, Kyle! We're thrilled you found our entire team to be so supportive and encouraging. Congratulations on completing the program — we applaud all your hard work and dedication! We wish you all the success in your future goals.
  • Calvin
    Graduate • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Toronto) • Toronto
    Jan 05, 2019

You get what you put in

Instructor and TAs were friendly and knowledgeable. The instructor we had was an expert with many years of experience in the software industry and it really showed with his depth of knowledge in many aspects of computer science/programming/web technologies. The TAs were enthusiastic and always managed to point me in the right direction even if they were sometimes unable to answer my questions.

I found the curriculum on the ...

Jan 07, 2019

Way to go, Calvin! We're glad to hear our instructional team was so helpful and that you were able to go above and beyond to maximize your skills and get the most out of the program. Congratulations on completing this course! We truly appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Alumni Outcomes

Recent University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps News

Jess Feldman
Published September 07, 2022
Working at a startup as a mechanical engineer, Akinsola “Sola” Salami quickly learned he would rather be manipulating data to help drive business and product decisions. With University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (UofT SCS) Boot Camps (offered in collaboration with edX), Sola was able to gain foundational knowledge in data analytics as well as build a professional project portfoli...
Jess Feldman
Published April 14, 2022
Rory Quenneville Thorpe had an undergraduate degree in criminology, but hit a wall when it came to finding work he felt passionate about, so he ended up working in retail. When COVID hit, Rory reassessed his career goals and decided to make a career change into cybersecurity by enrolling at University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (UofT SCS) Boot Camps, offered in collaboration with...