university-of-toronto-school-of-continuing-studies-boot-camps-logo

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps

Average Rating4.28
82 Reviews
8 Courses

The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps offer a 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development program, 24-week, part-time programs in data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology, and UX/UI, and an 18-week, part-time program in digital marketing. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes progra...

82 University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Reviews

• Kaliesha Pickering
    Sales and Account Manager • Student • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Toronto) • Toronto
    Oct 13, 2018

Completely Life Changing!

Yes! This program is tough, if you are not willing to put the effort into studying like any other university program you will not succeed, it is not called a boot camp for no reason. But, with saying that, if you are willing to put in the effort for this course the instructional staff and everyone involved with this program is completely hands-on and willing to help you succeed! Not only are the instructors knowledgeable (about way more then just what is taught in this course), the TA's an...

Oct 15, 2018

We appreciate your review, Kaliesha! We completely agree that this program is tough and will require extensive effort to succeed. It's great to hear our entire team has been so supportive and helpful during your current boot camp experience. We commend all your hard work for reaching the halfway point and are cheering you on as you continue towards completing the program!
  • Lisa Freedman
    Sep 11, 2018

Student

I am part of the first group of students to attend this bootcamp. Our cohort got off to a rough start with an instructor who was less than ideal. I found that Trilogy listened to our concerns and dealt with them professionally. We ended up with an amazing instructor, four TA’s instead of two, weekly review sessions and access to private tutors.  I feel that they are absolutely committed to see us succeed.  The career services part of the course is kicking into high gear and I find the staf...

Sep 12, 2018

Thank you, Lisa! We are thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive experience. Like you mentioned, we are absolutely committed to the success of our learners and work to take corrective action when needed, so we're glad that the additional cohort changes and assistance we implemented were of great help. We're so happy you developed a real sense of community with your classmates and are enjoying our career services. We applaud all of the hard work and practice you have dedicated thus far and are looking forward to seeing your final project in a few weeks!
  • Arvin
    Sep 11, 2018

Life-changing!

Investing in this program is indeed high-risk, but incredibly high reward. I have learned and applied so many different skills in such a short time that I look back on my own progress in disbelief. This program is NOT for everyone though - it’s called a bootcamp for a reason. Specifically, computer science is a unique area of study where you must rely on self-teaching in order to succeed. If you can’t find the drive to solve advanced problems and understand the way complex machines think o...

Sep 12, 2018

Way to go, Arvin! You are completely right that this fast-paced course requires a significant amount of commitment and concentration. As such, we commend all the hard work you have dedicated thus far and are thrilled to hear you are benefiting from the support our entire team provides. We are looking forward to your graduation in a few weeks and wish you continued success in all your upcoming projects and career goals!
  • Andy
    Jul 24, 2018

Great investment - Just do it!

Hello Course Seeker!

I am currently enrolled in the UofT program.  Unlike some of the anonymous posters on this board, my overall experiences-to-date have been rather positive.  Sure, there are little hiccups here and there.  However, one has to keep in mind that there is absolutely no program (that is delivered in real-time) in the marketplace that is without flaws.  It is not 100% scripted and edited like the online courses.  You are receiving live instruction from multiple instr...

Jul 25, 2018

Thank you so much for your review, Andy! We are happy to hear your current overall experience has been so positive and that you have truly enjoyed the in-person, real-time environment with your classmates and our instructional staff. Thank you for providing such an in-depth look into our program and outlining helpful takeaways for potential students. Like you mentioned, this course requires a lot of self-discipline and motivation, so we commend all the hard work you've dedicated thus far. We look forward to helping you through the completion of the boot camp and seeing what you will achieve as you continue mastering your skills and tapping into new opportunities!

• Luiz Hoepers
    Aug 24, 2022

UofT SCS Data Analytics Boot Camp

I am really surprised with the quality and the subjects demonstrated at all course.

Aug 24, 2022

Thanks, Luiz! We're glad you had a positive boot camp experience and appreciate your review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Carlos Sabbah
    Student • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time • Toronto
    Aug 02, 2022

Full Stack Boot Camp

Going into this curriculum, I have had some prior knowledge to web development however, I found after completing the boot camp, I knew so little. This boot camp was very fast paced and packed so much useful information. I learned so much in the past 6 months than I did tinkering by myself within a year and a half. I feel so much more confident now to enter the professional world of full stack development and I couldn’t be more proud of the progress I made in this bootcamp. I highly recom...

Aug 04, 2022

Amazing, Carlos! We're thrilled you benefited from the curriculum and feel confident in your new skills and knowledge base. We couldn't agree more with your advice to prospective learners on ensuring you're able to dedicate extensive time to your boot camp studies. Congratulations on completing the course and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future coding endeavors.
  • Karina Ribeiro
    Jul 11, 2022

Digital Marketing Boot Camp

I decided to pursue Digital Marketing Boot Camp while trying to  set up in Canada, once  it would be an opportunity to the Canadian experience. I have heard about this course before, but just after a referral I took my decision. It is crucial  to spreading the word about the quality of UofT Boot Camps because people have to invest a good amount of money on it.
    I love the overall experience: technical subject, works in groups, teachers and assistants, projects, assessments( where I pu...

Jul 14, 2022

Incredible, Karina! We're thrilled you're having a positive boot camp experience and enjoying working on hands-on projects with your classmates. We couldn't agree more with your advice to prospective learners of staying on top of upcoming deadlines. We commend all your hard work thus far and can't wait to help you successfully finish out the course! Happy studying.
  • Vlad
    Cybersecurity Analyst • Graduate • Toronto
    Jul 04, 2022

UofT SCS Cybersecurity Boot Camp

This course was very hard for those beginning in IT, but is very well worth it if you are interested in changing your career path. The six month were intense information intake which also require hands on experience and projects. Remember one thing if you are new to IT the first few months are very difficult because of the terminology mostly, but later down the road everything falls into place and you'll start to understand and even think like IT. Great course and awesome professor and t...

Jul 05, 2022

Way to go, Vlad! Like you noted, this is a rigorous boot camp that will require extensive time and hard work both inside and outside of the classroom. We couldn't agree more with your insight on the material and industry terminology clicking and falling into place as you move forward in the course. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Khashayar
    Graduate • Toronto
    Jun 18, 2022

Cybersecurity

This was my best educational experience. Leonardo Vargas was the best instructor I have ever had.

Jun 23, 2022

Thank you, Khashayar! We're glad you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our instructional team - we couldn't agree more that Leonardo is pretty amazing. Congratulations on completing the course! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Raymond Antoine
    Graduate • Cybersecurity - Part-Time • Toronto
    Mar 24, 2022

UTOR-VIRT-CYBER-09-2021-U-LOL-MW

This Cyber Security BootCamp program go above and beyond expectations in terms of  content, the Instructor has a very high level of knowledge in cyber security.I definitely recommend this program to anyone even with no background in IT field.

Mar 28, 2022

Way to go, Raymond! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our instructional team. Congratulations on successfully finishing the course, we appreciate your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
  • Maitry Chaudhary
    Toronto
    Mar 19, 2022

Testimonial

I came across it when I was looking for direction and guidance under user research, Yes I have decided to pursue this as a career path as I love designing experiences and solutions for a cause. I loved the Bootcamp as it taught everything with such ease and guidance, from curriculum to instructor and feedback was extremely helpful. The advice I would like to give will be to learn as much as you can from peers, instructors, and resources, it will never be wasted and will always be with yo...

Mar 28, 2022

Amazing, Maitry! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. Great advice for prospective learners - taking advantage of all the available resources will truly help you stay ahead. Congratulations on completing the course and thank you for your review! We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Harjas Singh
    Dec 07, 2021

Cybersecurity Bootcamp

It was a very good program with a lot of support for new people entering the field.

Dec 13, 2021

Incredible, Harjas! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Alumni Outcomes

Recent University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps News

Jess Feldman
Published September 07, 2022
Working at a startup as a mechanical engineer, Akinsola “Sola” Salami quickly learned he would rather be manipulating data to help drive business and product decisions. With University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (UofT SCS) Boot Camps (offered in collaboration with edX), Sola was able to gain foundational knowledge in data analytics as well as build a professional project portfoli...
Jess Feldman
Published April 14, 2022
Rory Quenneville Thorpe had an undergraduate degree in criminology, but hit a wall when it came to finding work he felt passionate about, so he ended up working in retail. When COVID hit, Rory reassessed his career goals and decided to make a career change into cybersecurity by enrolling at University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (UofT SCS) Boot Camps, offered in collaboration with...