unc-charlotte-boot-camps-logo

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps

Charlotte

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time courses in web development, and 24-week, part-time courses in data analytics, cybersecurity, and financial technology (FinTech). The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps are designed for professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, and more. Graduates receive a Certificate of Completion from UNC Charlotte Continuing Education, completing the web development, data analytics, and FinTech programs with a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their working knowledge, or gaining skills applicable to industry certifications in our cybersecurity program.

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC Charlotte Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (39) reviews for UNC Charlotte Boot Camps →

Recent UNC Charlotte Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about UNC Charlotte Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationCharlotte
    The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    Tuition PlansPayment plan available
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationCharlotte
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Python, Machine Learning, Excel, Blockchain, Algorithms
    LocationCharlotte
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, Git, React.js
    LocationCharlotte
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

HTML, jQuery, Node.js, MongoDB, CSS, JavaScript, MySQL, Git, React.js
    LocationCharlotte
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

2 Scholarships

• $500 UNC Charlotte Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC Charlotte Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Charlotte)
  • $500 UNC Charlotte Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Charlotte)
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time (Charlotte)
  • Career Change
    - 8/23/2017
    Jarrett Tolman • Graduate

I was interested in a change of direction for my career, had some previous coding experience, and knew that the internet is just a series of tubes. Before applying, I considered online courses but was more interested in the advantages of being part of an in person group dedicated to the same goal - it was amazing the growth in skill and confidence of the entire cohort! The support was great, from the TAs to Career Services and Student Success. The instructors clearly care about the students and have a passion for the craft. Guiding a group of 25-50 people of diverse backgrounds is not easy and a curriculum that listens to market trends may have to adjust on the fly. Sometimes the road is bumpy. The program is challenging and fast paced, but rewarding if you’re willing and able to commit the time and effort.

Monday, Aug 28 2017
    Thank you for your review, Jarrett. We’re glad to hear that you had such a positive experience in this course. It’s wonderful that you and your classmates experienced so much growth in skill and confidence. It makes us proud to hear that our team, as a whole, is working hard to provide our students with all of the support that they need in order to be successful in this program.

You make an excellent point, as this program does require a commitment of time and effort from our students. This is useful insight for future students. Congratulations on completing the program, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

• Fast-paced course
    - 6/28/2017
    Patrick Moore • Web Developer • Student

The Coding Boot Camp at UNCC taught me many of the fundamentals of Web Development in a short 6 months. The program was tough at times, and easy at other times. Through the skills I learned during both the technical curriculum, as well as the offerred career curriculum, I was able to procure a position about a month after graduating the course, with having absolutely no coding knowledge prior to signing up. The instructor was amazing, and a great developer with a sense of humor and passion for teaching that really helped during the tougher sections of the class.

The course itself had a few hiccups (my class was the first of its kind at UNCC), but the staff seem dedicated to observing students and listening to feedback in order to smooth out bumps over time. Most assignments have an easy or hard version to help students pace themselves. There was also always someone available to help, whether it was over a dedicated chat system with the peers and instructors, or during office hours before and after class.

My class had a variety of backgrounds and ages; there were folks already in the field trying to sharpen their skills, and beginners like me trying to find a new career. There were 3 main projects in the course that were done in groups, where we chose our own path and subject of the project, based around a set of guidelines and required technologies set forth by the instructor. We were assigned groups for the first two projects, I think based on apparent skill level and/or our individual preferences for front- or back-end (make it pretty, or make it function, basically). The last project was much more loose on whether we worked in groups, or who we paired with if we did, and was much more of a final real-world showcase of what we had all spent so much time learning. Together they built an impressive start for our portfolios.

Thursday, Jun 29 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review Patrick, and congratulations on your new position! We’re thrilled that our academic and career services team members were able to help you launch your career shortly after graduating.

Our students are our number one priority. We’re constantly working to improve our processes, so feedback from our students is essential to our efforts. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to provide the help and support you needed in order to be successful.

You bring up a crucial component of our program that is important for future students to know! The projects are designed to help students learn and build a comprehensive portfolio, while exposing them to the type of collaborative environment found in real-world web development positions.

We’re so happy you were able to benefit from the program, but we regret that you were not completely satisfied in your experience with our curriculum and job assistance services. As you mentioned, we are a new program and we'd love to hear more from you about how we can improve the course. Please contact me at (704) 601-6030 so we can discuss the ways in which we can make this an even better experience for our students.

We hope that you are proud of all of the hard work you put into the program, and we wish you the best of luck moving forward.

• Time well spent
    - 7/26/2017

Your mileage may vary, but here's my take:

You're starry eyed, you hate your job and this is the way out...I get it. Take a breath and try to do some research so you can to get an idea of what you're getting yourself into. This is a field that requires a commitment to coding for as long as you want to be a professional developer-- always trying new things and always learning. This is a bootcamp that will have you doing homework, and projects in addition to self-study and class-time...in addition to anything else you have going on in your life.

This bootcamp will lay the foundation for your career and expose you to things you never knew you could do, but it and any other bootcamp can not guarantee you a job. With that said, I felt it was money well spent for me. I'm currently employed as a developer,  doing a job that I enjoy very much. As a member of the first cohort, I made friends in the course that I'm still in touch with and I really felt that the bootcamp was all about the students. I loved my instructors, I loved my TA's and the support from career services and student success were on point. There was one point in the course where I just felt I couldn't do it. I had it pretty bad...whatever "it" was. It was nice that I could open up and talk to the people in the bootcamp to help me through it. I was even given a rubber duck at no additional charge by a man named Steve.(this duck may have been a temporary promotion). I still keep that rubber duck on my desk at work, it's an important reminder for me. The campus is in the city so you'll either have to find metered parking or buy a parking pass. We had students from all ages and backgrounds and everyone had their ups and downs, but I would say that everyone left with a new set of skills that they could use at their current job, new job, or in their personal life. If you have a full-time job during the part-time program it is possible, but challenging. Anticipate the bootcamp taking up a chunk of your life for 6 months. I wonder how much more I would have learned in college if the education system was structured this way! Go for it, this is a good one!

Friday, Jul 28 2017
    Congratulations on your position as a developer! And thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. As you mention, it’s important for future students to know that this course does require a time commitment for dedicated study and practice outside of class. You also make an excellent point in that professional web developers are often required to learn new languages and tools. These are fantastic insights.

It’s wonderful that you enjoyed the collaborative atmosphere, and were able to build a network of peers within your cohort. We know that the ability to work with others is important in the field of web development, so we’ve designed a curriculum that incorporates opportunities for teamwork in order to simulate real-world professional working conditions.

We love that you enjoyed duck-debugging, and that our team was able to support you during the rigors of this program. We hope you’re proud of all of the hard work you put into completing the course. We’re so excited for your continued success, and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.