unc-charlotte-boot-camps-logo

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps

Charlotte

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time courses in web development, and 24-week, part-time courses in data analytics, cybersecurity, and financial technology (FinTech). The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps are designed for professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, mock interviews, and more. Graduates receive a Certificate of Completion from UNC Charlotte Continuing Education, completing the web development, data analytics, and FinTech programs with a portfolio of projects to demonstrate their working knowledge, or gaining skills applicable to industry certifications in our cybersecurity program.

UNC Charlotte Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UNC Charlotte Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.66

all (42) reviews for UNC Charlotte Boot Camps →

Recent UNC Charlotte Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about UNC Charlotte Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationCharlotte
    The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    Tuition PlansPayment plan available
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationCharlotte
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Algorithms, Blockchain, Excel, Machine Learning, Python
    LocationCharlotte
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, Git, React.js
    LocationCharlotte
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

HTML, jQuery, Node.js, MongoDB, CSS, JavaScript, MySQL, Git, React.js
    LocationCharlotte
    The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

2 Scholarships

• $500 UNC Charlotte Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UNC Charlotte Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Charlotte)
  • $500 UNC Charlotte Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Charlotte)
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time (Charlotte)
  • Nick • Student
    This camp is definitely a bit pricey in comparison to other bootcamps, but it was worth every penny! The instructors and TAs were amazing and the post course support is second to none!
    Monday, Nov 29 2021
    Thanks, Nick! It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our entire team both during and after the boot camp. We appreciate your review and wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Shawn • Graduate
    There are a ton of positives and negatives to the Full Stack Web Development coding bootcamp at UNC Charlotte. I will address both of these from my honest perspective as a full time student in hopes that it provides future students a true insight into what to expect as well as hopefully assist UNCC and Bootcamp Spot with improving the program.

My starting point for context:
    Prior to starting this course I had written ZERO lines of code. I didn’t do the pre-course work either, which honestly you should do. I am naturally a little above average at learning speed, so don't go into this thinking you can just breeze through it.

Overall Course Experience:
    I had a great experience with this course and I would highly recommend it to certain people. I do not think this course would be great for everyone. You need to truly have a passion for learning to code, A LOT of time to dedicate to learning outside of class, and be a decently fast learner. You have 20 hours of class time a week, and it’s suggested you need to put in 40 hours outside of class. That’s not an exaggeration, I was putting in close to 90 hours a week in the second and third month of the course.

I only have positive things to say here. Our instructor was Anthony Cooper and I cannot speak highly enough of him. He is a very experienced coder and understands the entire full stack for web development. He was incredibly relatable and approachable, which I find to be extremely important for an educator. He was so incredibly patient with every student that struggled and we all certainly had moments where we struggled. There was never a moment that I encountered a problem in my code that Anthony could not solve. He even tried to adapt his teaching styles for each student’s learning style, which is incredibly difficult. He went above and beyond to help any student even outside of class hours, including weekends. He is truly a brilliant individual and my class was so lucky to have him, and UNCC is equally lucky to have an amazing educator such as him.

Our Teaching Assistant was Maxwell Allee and again, I can’t say enough great things about them. Max was so much more than just a TA, they were basically a second instructor. Their knowledge was incredible and I do not think I could have completed this course without their help along with the help from Anthony. They were so incredibly passionate about coding that it was infectious, just speaking about code to Max got me amped to code even more frequently. I don’t know when they actually had time to have a personal life or sleep because they were always helping a student. A difficult part about getting help with coding is that you don’t know how to phrase the question for someone else to understand the situation, Max was exceptional at understanding what someone was asking and getting you to your solution without just giving you the answer. Max facilitated learning above all else. They also had to help students through personal issues that came up throughout the course, which takes a lot of compassion. I can’t speak for each student, but the consensus was that Max was incredibly understanding and helpful in those moments. UNCC was so lucky to have them as a TA for 2 years, and they’ll be lucky when they decide to hire them back as an instructor (Max has moved on to a corporate job right after our course ended).
    While Anthony and Max were both incredible individually, they were even better as a pair. Both are truly full stack developers, and understand the course work inside and out, however Anthony excels at front end development and Max excels at back end development. Their expertise brought so much to the class and gave different learning perspectives which helped so much since everyone learns differently. I do not believe it is possible for there to be a better teaching pair out there. I feel bad for prospective students because you will not have this pair of incredible educators. I wish I could more eloquently describe just how incredible these two were.

Student Success Manager:
    The SSM role in this course is basically the in between person between the students and the university. A student advocate in my experience. Ours was actually a substitute SSM, I believe she was on loan from another university, her name was Gemini Sanford. She may be the kindest most compassionate person I have ever met. In my dealings with her I can say I felt so incredibly comfortable, safe, and heard. She went above and beyond any normal expectations of an SSM, and without her I would not have completed this course. I’ve spoken to a lot of my classmates about this program prior to writing this, it’s not my place to say their personal and private issues that came up, I will say that every one I’ve talked to has only the highest praise for Gemini. She was always the most positive and excited person on presentation days, she genuinely cares about your growth and happiness. She helped so many of us through so many different issues, she is the ideal person for a job like this. I hope one day to be as good at anything as she is at her job.

I am giving this 5 stars but I do have negatives to point out in this section.

Anthony Cooper did a wonderful job presenting the curriculum and it is well designed to take you from not knowing how to code to being able to make a fully dynamic web application.

You will learn the MERN stack, please research what that is and the pros and cons to that stack vs other stacks. You will be learning javascript, it will be your programming language. You’re not going to learn Python, C#, or Ruby… etc. You’re not learning to make mobile apps, or video games (I did end up making browser based games though).

The course is well designed to amp up along the path. It starts out slow teaching the basics like HTML and CSS. As you get into javascript it is designed to not overwhelm you by throwing you directly into something like React, each unit is a stepping stone to something further down the line. I feel like they taught us Handlebars just to make React a bit easier to comprehend.

The curriculum is designed for the part time 24 week course, and this is where a lot of negatives come in. The full time course is the same curriculum but just the time cut in half (I don’t think they even change any wording, they refer to things being an odd or even week for homework when that makes no sense when you have 2 homework assignments per week not 1). Where this becomes a pretty noticeable problem is with homework. In the part time it’s pretty easy to just have it due on the same day each week. In the full time it ends up changing, and you typically have homework due one day after you finish the unit it’s related to. There were many homework assignments that I spent 20+ hours on, trying to do that within a day and a half is tough. Homework should be due the day you finish the following unit.

There are no days built in for catch up if your class falls behind. Adding a day or two to the schedule and being more fluid to adjust the schedule would help a lot. Possibly even making it a 13 week course, I know this hurts the marketing and increases overhead but one additional week would really help the students.

The assessment for entry to the course is not very selective. This can become a problem if everyone isn’t dedicated and able to put in the extra time outside of class, they can slow down the entire class or not contribute to group projects. A more selective process for the full time course than the part time course would really be a great benefit.

I will say they have a lot of assistance for your resume building. They provide great feedback and have a lot of example material to assist you. That is about where my positives end for job assistance.

Their sales staff are incredible, and I say that with a ton of sales experience. They certainly built up their career services department in our discussions. They claim to have a ton of industry contacts which will help you get a job post graduation, I have not found that to be the case. They have a job board but no referral system. They build up events like demo days where you’re supposed to have interaction with potential employers, however the last one had maybe 2 companies there.

Most of my interactions with their career services staff have been copy and paste emails where the person doesn’t even change the signature name.

Do not take this course with the expectation that they will find you a job or even be a big help in the endeavour.

Where I am at currently:
    I can make any website my mind can think up. I can create a backend server with authentication, and databases. Probably the most valuable thing to employers, I can work with React which allows a much more dynamic web experience. I can’t believe how much I learned in 12 weeks.

Synopsis:
    If you truly have a desire to learn coding to advance your knowledge and begin your journey, this is a great course. You need to be able to put in over 60 hours a week though! I just hope you get as lucky as I did with my instructor, TA, and SSM. If you are thinking of taking this course because it’ll get you a job right after graduation, this might not be the course for you.

Friday, May 28 2021
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Shawn! We couldn't agree more that in order to succeed in this program you will truly need to be passionate about coding and dedicate extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom.

We're thrilled you found our entire team to be valuable resources providing guidance and encouragement throughout your learning journey—we also think that Anthony, Maxwell, and Gemini are pretty fantastic at what they do, going above and beyond to help each student. Like you noted, our curriculum builds upon each topic and we find that learners become more and more confident in their skills as the course progresses. As the industry continues to evolve, our curriculum is continually being optimized using extensive market and employer research, so we appreciate your feedback.

Like you mentioned, our admissions process includes an interview and a timed, critical thinking and problem-solving assessment that applicants must pass with a score of 70 or above in order to move forward. Throughout the process, we do our best to emphasize the rigor of the program and ensure students are a good fit. We're continually optimizing our admissions experience and insight like yours helps us do just that.

You're correct that our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment. While we do not secure employment for students, we do provide individualized support through technical interview training, portfolio reviews, resume/social media profile support, and more. We hope you were able to benefit from your coaching sessions and these other resources.

Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you sharing your helpful advice to prospective students who are looking to delve into web development! We wish you all the best and are rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
  • Luis Rojas • Functional Analyst • Student
    I am a Computer Engineer but I stayed away from software development for more than a decade. I was looking for training programs in data analysis to get adapted to current technologies and I found this Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte, which seemed very complete for my current needs.

I have really enjoyed this Boot Camp because I have been able to recall concepts and of course I have learned many other aspects that I did not know. I love the fact that everything is explained incrementally, there are many helpful resources available, I can re-watch the class videos, and there is even job search advice.

My advice for other prospective students would be at least to attend all classes, ask many questions and do your homework on time. Apart from that, try to go beyond the scope of classes and assignments, go the extra-mile because this program gives us the tools to success.

Monday, Mar 15 2021
    Way to go, Luis! Thank you for choosing our program to make a career change. It's great to hear you're enjoying the boot camp experience and benefiting from all the available resources. Great advice for prospective students—completing the homework, asking questions, and staying ahead of your studies will help you succeed. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on towards graduation!
  • Collin Fowler
    - 12/1/2020
    Collin Fowler • Graduate
    This CyberSecurity boot camp was outstanding! I went into it knowing I loved the field (without any previous work experience in it) and grew even fonder of the subject throughout the course. I was notified of this course through a school email, and was very interested. As I had just been terminated early from a temporary position due to Covid, I knew I wanted to do something in my time and this turned out to be the perfect fit.
    Our instructor, Aaron, was phenomenal. He is such a smart person, and has a very wholesome way of teaching material that it is very easy to absorb. He's funny and engaging and he felt more like a classmate than a teacher. By far my favorite aspect was getting to learn from him. The material was good, although at times it was tough. But throughout the whole course he was fantastic and never wavered from his helpfulness.
    I have just 2 pieces of advice for anyone interested in a boot camp course. 1: network, network, network. Even just messaging your instructor, or classmates, or being engaged in class discussion can go a long way for making positive connections that can turn out to be some of the best. 2: as any former student would say, do your homework ASAP. Don't let it sneak up on you. If you start the homework sooner, you'll have more time if something goes wrong. This also allows your TA's plenty of time to grade your work.
    Overall this whole course was nothing but the best experience all the way through and I'm so happy I did it, and was lucky enough to have the instructor and classmates that I did.
    Friday, Dec 04 2020
    We appreciate your review, Collin! We're thrilled you enjoyed the boot camp and were able to continue growing your passion for the cybersecurity field. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team and we couldn't agree more that Aaron is phenomenal. Great advice for prospective candidates—networking and keeping up with your homework will definitely help you stay ahead of your studies and come out ahead. Congratulations on graduating, we're confident you'll go on to do amazing things with your newfound skills!
  • FinTech
    - 9/15/2020
    Tory Young • Graduate
    I joined this program because I wanted to gain technical skills in the finance industry. This program did just that for me. I started with no coding background and learned everything through the course. My instructor and TA were great. Those two were very knowledgeable and each had backgrounds that added a ton of value to my experience. The program is tough. So much material is covered and you may not intend to use all the skills they teach. I’d recommend only taking this course if you absolutely plan to follow through, invest the proper amount of time and be comfortable with not getting “it” right away. There is one on one tutoring available and the Student Success Manager was very accessible and responsive. I am currently working with the career services provided and it already has been very useful to me in learning how to gain an edge in the job search. Overall I had a great experience and gained a ton of value from the program.
    Wednesday, Sep 16 2020
    Thank you for sharing, Tory! We're thrilled you had a positive learning experience and found our entire boot camp team to be knowledgeable and supportive. You're completely right that the program covers various topics in a short amount of time, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated to your studies. Congratulations on completing the course and best of luck in your future endeavors!
  • Data Analytics
    - 8/25/2020
    Connor • Graduate
    If you want to explore and submerge yourself into a field of constant change, then Data Analytics is the field for you. We used real world examples to illustrate applicable computer languages and tools. The instructors went above and beyond, not only during class, but also outside of scheduled hours to help us understand topics or assignments. Along with the instructors, the student success manager sent us numerous resources to help us learn new material and understand the current job market. My instructors have properly prepared me for the job market and my inbox from recruiters proves it ha! However, I did not want to stop learning, I decided to continue my education in Analytics by starting graduate school this fall.
    Wednesday, Aug 26 2020
    Amazing, Connor! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and starting an exciting new educational journey! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
  • Jeremiah Schmutz • Teaching Assistant for Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp • Student

I recently graduated from this course.  It is amazing.  It moves very quickly, and you will be doing in months what a traditional student would take years to learn.  Don't expect it to be like a normal class though.  You have to put in a lot of time and have to stay on top of things for the full class.

I can't believe how much I have learned, and I have accomplished things that are beyond what I imagined possible in just three months.

I had Jeff Hoffman as my instructor.  He was amazing.  He is very patient and explains things in very accessible ways.  I highly recommend him as an instructor.

I really liked the curriculum.  They keep it up to date with what is best for the job market.  From time to time, there were small issues because of how frequently it is being changed, but they updated it quickly.

The job assistance is good.  They helped me by reviewing and giving actionable feedback on my resume.  I am not sure if I am going to get a job through their job assistance, but they have helped me become competitive in the employment maket.

I feel confident in the skills I have learned at this bootcamp and believe I will get a job soon.

Wednesday, Feb 20 2019
    Amazing, Jeremiah! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by your instructor — we also think Jeff is terrific. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck going forward.
  • AJ • Graduate

I started in Data Analytics Boot Camp, and it was the first co-hort they taught on this subject. I have never coded before, except for occasional SQL, so this experience was brand new to me. The instructors were great, the pace was very fast, we learned pretty much new topic every class. For those of you looking to get ahead in Data Science industry, this is a pretty good jumping board (I was looking for something like this, when I wanted to get some coding exposure, and prepare for grad school).

If you are worried about coding, don't be, majority of the students have not coded before either, but your confidence level will grow. Everyone understands that the class is for beginners, so they take (fast!) baby steps through the course. The materials are available after the course is over, so you can always read through them at your own pace.

Couple of things to be aware of:

-attendance in mandatory, though you get a few excused absences

-all lectures are recorded by the instructor, so if you have to leave, or just want to review, it will be there

-there are grades, but they measure only the progress in class, not whether or not you get the certificate (unless they are all 'incomplete' or below C)

-TAs are very helpful, they will walk around the classroom, and help as this is a hands-on class, you will code real time with everyone in the class

Overall, I really enjoyed the experience, though sometimes it was very frustrating personally, because I was not learning as fast as I wanted, it gave me a start at coding career, I was able to understand basic concepts. It won't teach you to become a full stack developer in six months, so the rest is up to you!

Tuesday, Oct 23 2018
    Thank you, AJ! It's great to hear you had a positive student experience and were supported by our entire instructional team. We appreciate the tips you provided for prospective students and have to agree that as the course continues, your confidence level tends to grow. Congratulations on graduating from such a rigorous program, we commend all the hard work you dedicated! We wish you all the success as you continue moving forward.
  • James Murphy • Student

I had previously written a bad review on here and had it taken down myself after being approached by Trilogy.  I decided to try and be fair and wait it out until the end (I am 3 months in) and see if things got better.  Unfortunately, nothing has changed.  I know writing this review will most certainly put me in the negative spotlight (again) but I don’t care and I will not be taking this one down.  If I can save one person from wasting their money on this course, then I would consider it well worth it.  I must also point out that lots of these reviews were written by former students hired by Trilogy to be Teachers Assistants so take what they have to say with a grain of salt.

I will start by saying that this course is not equipped to deal with students with disabilities and doesn’t seem to care about their troubles in the course.  I can say this from personal experience, I am a disabled Marine with injuries sustained while in Afghanistan (sight, hearing, neck/back injuries).  After an incident in class involving a TA and other students that caused me great indignity, I complained and yes it was ignored.  I honestly don’t feel comfortable going to class anymore.

But personal feelings aside, this is just a bad course.  There is no homework review, so you really have no way of knowing if you are doing the assignment with the cleanest possible code or if it’s just a bunch of spaghetti code that hiring managers will laugh at (if you’re lucky enough to get an interview).  You can have a functioning App with the worst written code and still get an “A+”.  It wouldn’t take much effort to release the code via GitHub after the fact, so students could compare their code and know what the best practices/methods are.  The first few homework assignments were explained via a short YouTube video of what sounds like a stoner trying to explain the assignment in between bong hits while there is music playing in the background…. Yes, he really does have his radio on playing music while explaining the assignment.  Very unprofessional and hard to take seriously.

The “Career Services” department practices discrimination daily.  Its mind boggling how I paid the same amount of money as everyone else, yet I don’t have access to the same career workshops/classes/networking events that other students do.  It really isn’t fair that some students will be better equipped than others simply because Trilogy likes to pick winners and losers.  Lots of students are pretty much paying for their own disenfranchisement.  As far as I know, this is the only boot camp that does this.  I bring this up, but they already have my money so why should they care or make an attempt to be more inclusive?

Class size can be up to 60 students…. It can be overwhelming at times, very hard to concentrate with so many side conversations and thinking out loud going on.  I am so much more productive at home, which defeats the purpose of even going to class.  I see most bootcamps try to limit the class size to 20 students because this is a heavy subject and a proper learning environment is essential.  It makes this really feel like a diploma mill and high student turnover is the only objective.

Very few free parking spaces at the UNCC center.  Budget out another few hundred dollars to cover the costs of parking.  There is a UNCC lot right next to the building, but a parking pass is not included in the large tuition we pay.

Veterans do not take this course.  The GI Bill doesn’t cover it and Trilogy has no plans to go through the process of getting approved by the VA so veterans can use their GI Bill to attend.  I guess they don’t want to open themselves up to scrutiny.  Quite frankly, I don’t think Trilogy wants veterans taking their course.  The way my concerns and needs have been brushed aside just reinforces my arguments above.  There are many boot camps out there that accept the GI Bill.  Please investigate those.  I wish I knew about Code Platoon.

I will give credit where it is due and say the instructors are great.  But great teachers can only do so much, this is a problem with how the bean counters at Trilogy have structured the course, career services, learning environment, and curriculum.  Its like asking Tom Brady to lead a high school team to the Super Bowl.

In closing, if you are on the fence about a career change or just learning how to code….. go elsewhere.  There are many great courses on Udemy that cost $10, Colt Steele has a complete Web Dev bootcamp and covers pretty much the same stuff this course does.  I’m trying hard to see the value in this Trilogy boot camp since a $10 Udemy course will help you build projects for your portfolio and you can just hire a resume writing company to write your resume for you (all for a lot less than the almost $10k for this boot camp).  Or shell out a little more $$ and go to a boot camp with a Career Services Dept that is committed to helping ALL students.  There are some bootcamps which actually get you internships after you graduate, unfortunately this isn’t one of them.

**Note to Trilogy, please do not contact me.  I do not wish to discuss this further.  I will finish this course and take my worthless certificate and most likely go finish my degree or use my GI Bill to go to a real coding boot camp.

Friday, Sep 21 2018
    Hi James, thank you for your feedback. Based on your review, it sounds like you enjoyed your instructors. UNC Charlotte and the entire Trilogy team are committed to transforming our students' lives.

In your post, you indicated that we are neither equipped nor care to accommodate disabilities. Contrary to this, we want to assure you that our university does have a robust disability accommodation process and procedure and we pride ourselves on making arrangements when requested. Throughout your time with us, we have received no requests for such accommodations on your behalf, but are more than happy to work with you should you wish.

We're always looking for new ways to expand our services to best serve the needs of our students. From the inception of our boot camp, we have been working to expand access to people from all backgrounds, including veterans. The UNC Charlotte Director of Continuing Education grew up in a military family and the Trilogy COO is a veteran himself. Both of them are wholeheartedly committed to making our boot camps attainable to those who have served in the military. Some of our most successful students are veterans, as they often have extensive experience in leadership, collaborative teamwork, and creative problem-solving that makes them stand out. Although the GI Bill is not able to cover  all of our Continuing Education programs at this time, we are working toward offering this financial option in the future.

Our career services team works to provide each student with fair and equal opportunities. There is no place for any kind of discrimination in our programs, and we take all concerns of this nature very seriously. However, it is our position that population-specific workshops geared toward groups, like "Women in Tech," are not a form of discrimination. Our mission has always been to provide an inclusive space where aspiring web developers can study and learn a wide range of skills — regardless of their prior knowledge or professional backgrounds. To facilitate this goal, we work hard to cultivate a respectful community that equips all students with the necessary tools and environment to excel. We regret to hear that the class environment was not what you were hoping for.

It's important for us to simulate real-world settings. Because our program can be overwhelming at times, we try to provide a low student to instructor ratio for individuals to navigate the curriculum properly. As your cohort did have a larger class size, we implemented two instructors and four TAs.

In your review, you mentioned there is no way to know how you are doing in the course. One way students can monitor their progress is through homework reviews. As you noted, individuals who would like more in-depth context to their homework are directed to watch supplemental video walkthroughs. Each student is also assigned a TA to ensure they have a designated team member to contact for further input or assistance. Our system shows all your graded assignments do have comments attached but did notice you had one ungraded LIRI Bot exercise. We apologize for this oversight and appreciate this detail as we continue to improve our services.

We understand all individuals will have different boot camp experiences, and we are fully supportive of each personal narrative posted on review sites, like this one. When we receive a less than satisfactory response, our first priority is to follow up with the student and resolve their complaints or concerns, to the best of our abilities. Our team did approach you in this same manner in hopes of rectifying any and all worries you had.

• Corey Stagner • Sr Applications Programmer • Student

I learned a lot through this program. The curriculum and teachers really allow anyone, with the motivation, to really succeed at learning how to create full stack applications. The course is really focused on web development, and once you complete the six months, you WILL have been given the information and ability to gain the skills needed to create web sites for any company from a start up to a Fortune 500 company.

I would have liked the class to dive a little further in to the back end, but you learn enough grasp the basics of HTML, CSS, and JS, which you can take those basics and apply and grow in any direction that you want to grow. I think that is what I really appreciated from my teachers, I can take those basics and apply to any of the thousands of other frameworks and they will make sense.

This is a very intensive class, that will take up more time then just the hours in the classroom. But if you were to apply your self, you will have the skills to work as a developer for almost any company.

Thursday, Jul 19 2018
    Way to go, Corey! We are so happy you enjoyed the program and our instructors. We understand you would have liked to dive even more into back-end technologies, and truly appreciate your feedback. As you mentioned, our course is intensive and designed to teach students a strong foundational skill set with which to learn additional languages post-graduation, so we are thrilled you truly appreciated this methodology. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We are cheering you on as you go forward.
  • Great Class
    - 6/28/2018
    Brandt Strait • Self-Employed • Graduate

I went into this class with a bit of a different expectation... I was looking to be able to finally realize my dream of becoming self-employed and start my own business with the tools provided by the full stack web development course. I cannot say enough good things about my instructor Jeff, as he was extremely knowledgeable, always patient, and well worth the investment. The class was very challenging, and it does cover a lot right off the start, but if you are willing to put in the time and effort, network with the right people, go to meetup events, and put yourself out there, it should not be to hard to find a job. Do not go into this course with the expectation that they are going to teach you everything you need to know to become a master full stack developer within 3 or 6 months. Think of it as retraining yourself to be able to adapt to any language and it gives you the tools and broad understanding to teach yourself after the course. It is up to you how you use the skills once you get out. I really enjoyed the class, met some great people, and My company should be up and running mid-end July 2018. Once I have it up and running, would be more than happy to share here what you will be able to do once you graduate this course. If you are serious about starting on a new career path or just getting started as a developer, I think it is a great start. I realize it is a bit of an investment, and to all those who are hesitant, just know I was right there with you, but consider the fact that over any other educational pursuit, programming and tech is by far the fastest growing market on earth right now, and if you want to stay relevant, don’t pick a major or take classes that will not directly lead to you being able to find a job. Take something that is a marketable skill that will allow you to make a living afterwards. This class will help you do just that if you are willing to show up every day with the willingness to learn and work hard. Good Luck.

Friday, Jun 29 2018
    Amazing, Brandt! We’re happy to hear your instructor always supported you throughout your boot camp journey - we also think Jeff is pretty great! Like you mentioned, this is a challenging course, covering a wide range of knowledge in a limited amount of time. Since we cover a full-stack curriculum, topics are introduced at a high-level, after which students are expected to dive in and gain a deeper understanding outside of class. We're happy to hear you enjoyed this structure and have to agree that if you are willing to show up every day to learn and work hard, you can truly be successful. Thank you for your review and for imparting some great advice to potential students. Congratulations on graduating and we wish you all the best in your career endeavors!
  • Changed my career
    - 5/17/2018
    Alan Durham • UI Developer • Graduate

I was incredibly pleased with my experience at UNCC's Coding Bootcamp.  The curriculum is up to date and clearly adapts to changing market demands.  My instructors and TA's were also incredibly helpful.

Before I did this bootcamp I was teaching high school English and seriously needed a change. The boot camp gave me a TON of information across a full stack of development and really helped me understand the things I needed to get into the workforce.

I do think it is important to go into it knowing you will be working insanely hard for six months straight. You will feel like giving up many times through the work and even if you finish you may feel like giving up trying to get your first development job.  However, if you are willing to work hard and study and nail down technical interview questions the boot camp's curriculum will make you very competitive in today's market.

On top of the curriculum, many students, TA's and professors work in the local community as developers. If you treat the program like a six month job interview you will make some invaluable connections that will lead to a development career.

I absolutely recommend this program.  It literally changed my life.

Response From: Steve CaChat of UNC Charlotte Boot Camps
    Title: Student Success Manager
    Thursday, May 17 2018
    Congratulations on completing the boot camp, Alan! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program, successfully learning the fundamentals for full-stack web development. We are happy to hear our curriculum helped you gain in-demand industry skills and that you felt supported by our instructors and TAs as you transitioned into a significant career change.

Like you mentioned, this is an immersive and challenging course, one that requires a serious amount of dedication. You are correct that if you work hard and rigorously study, you will be prepared to step out into today's job market - this is great advice for future students! Thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending this program. We applaud you for all of the long hours and commitment you put into the course and wish you the best of luck in your future achievements!