tk2-academy-logo

TK2 Academy

Boca Raton

TK2 Academy

TK2 Academy is a coding bootcamp in Boca Raton, Florida, offering full-time and part-time 10-week programs in Web Development, iOS Development, and Android Development. The courses aim to teach students to think outside the box, and offer two weeks of career services upon graduation. The Web Development bootcamp focuses on Java, Spring, and Hibernate; the iOS Development bootcamp focuses on Swift 3, Xcode, and Cocoa Touch; and the Android Development bootcamp covers Java, XML, and SDK. The bootcamps will also cover team collaboration and agile workflow using GitHub. Following the courses, students will be coached on developing their resumes, how to contribute to open source, visit local companies, and network with potential employers. TK2 provides all students with access to a conference room, presentation rooms, high-speed internet, and a supportive team of staff.

Recent TK2 Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (4) reviews for TK2 Academy →

Recent TK2 Academy News

Read all (4) articles about TK2 Academy →
  • Android Development Program

Android, Java
    LocationBoca Raton
    The 20-week iOS Development Program focuses on Java, XML, and SDK, and also covers team collaboration, agile workflow, and Github. Full-time, part-time, evening and flexible schedules.
  • iOS Development Program

Xcode, iOS, Swift
    LocationBoca Raton
    The 20-week iOS Development Program focuses on Swift 3, Xcode, and Cocoa Touch, and also covers team collaboration, agile workflow, and Github. Full-time, part-time, evening and flexible schedules.
  • Web Development Program

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Java, Front End
    LocationBoca Raton
    The 20-week Web Development Program focuses on Java, Spring, and Hibernate, and also covers team collaboration, agile workflow, and Github. Full-time, part-time, evening and flexible schedules.

• STOLE MY MONEY!
    - 4/11/2018
    Tereza Oprea  User Photo
    Tereza Oprea • Applicant Verified via GitHub

Citing good reviews, I was supposed to start a part-time bootcamp on 3/12/18. I forwarded these guys $5,000. On the morning of 3/12, I get a call from the director saying that the course has been pushed back one week to 3/19. A red flag pops up, but I go with it. A week later, on 3/19, the director calls me again to tell me that the course is CANCELLED and that I will get my money refunded. Now, it is 4/11/18 and I have yet to see a cent of my money returned to me. Upon demanding my refund, I have been met with empty promises and/or absolute silence. This establishment has behaved in a completely UNPROFESSIONAL and UNETHICAL manner.

Steer well clear.

• Awesome Experience
    - 6/30/2017
    Troy Paul  User Photo
    Troy Paul • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Im currently a student at TK2 Academy. The course is amazing, our instructor Arfath is great. He explains concepts clearly and makes sure you grasp the assignments. The staff is very professional. I didnt come from a tech background but within a few weeks ive gained a wealth of knowledge. This honestly has been the best investment ive made in my life so far.

• Tim Thompson  User Photo
    Tim Thompson • Java Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

Currently enrolled in the program and I have to say, WOW.  I've tried teaching myself to code numerous times previous to joing the bootcamp, but I've never felt more at home and capable than I am at this very moment.  TK2 is state of the art, and very up to date on the cutting edge of technology.  The lead instructor is a genius, and he knows how to explain every detail down to the punctuation.  You'll never leave a class unprepared for the next.  You're held accountable, and confidence increases every day.  Arfath, who instructs the web development course, is here before everyone, and is usally one of the last to leave.  There hasn't been a time where he made anyone in the class feel as if they could not do what he has learned to do over the years.  Everything he teaches, he is a legit expert on.  Why go to google when you have your own cheat sheet in the instructor.  Keep in mind, this is a bootcamp.  The pace is smooth, however you need to keep up with your self study in order to become the programmer you're looking to become.  Arfath, has tons of creative explanations and ideas to keep you interested and challenged every step of the way.  For the first time in my life, I can honestly agree with Bill Gates and other leaders in tech.... ANYONE, can learn to code.  TK2 just so happens to be the best at teaching it.  Choice is yours, and I don't want to be that guy .... but .... I told you so!

• Andrew Austin • Commander, US Coast Guard, Retired • Student

I am a current student at TK2 Academy and am extremely happy to be part of the first group of students to attend this wonderful institution.  I am back in school after earning a Masters Degree and spending 24 years on Active Duty in the Military, so you might understand my reluctance in changing careers at this point.  However, I decided to learn Web Development to be able to build my own web applications, but this decision was not an easy one.  It was a tough decision because many people are outsourcing their programming services, both within and outside of the United States.  Add to this phenomena, the cost for these services were not prohibitive, especially by foreign programmers.  So I was forced to weigh the financial cost of paying for these services against the cost of attending TK2 Academy.  In the end; the depth and breadth of services provided by the school, the environment of improvement fostered by the leadership of the organization, and the friendliness of everyone associated with the institution were critical factors that aided my decision to attend.  Since enrolling, I am now very confident that I made the right decision.  The instructor of the program, Arfath Mohammed takes the mystery out of Java Programming and has made it a joy to learn.  I always believed that programmers were geniuses, but only now realize with Arfath's guidance that this is not rocket science.  He is extremely thorough and patient as he shares his extensive knowledge with the group...paying particular attention to knowledge gaps on an individual level.  His unique ability to make the complex topic of programming simple has enabled the class to gain confidence in our ability to understand and apply these concepts.  I would forever be appreciative to TK2 Academy for providing me an opportunity to become a qualified member of the IT community, but more importantly to Arfath Mohammed for literally making the impossible possible.