spiced-academy-logo

SPICED Academy

Berlin, Cologne, Hamburg, Stuttgart

SPICED Academy

SPICED Academy offers full-time, 12-week coding bootcamps and data science bootcamps in Berlin, Germany. The Full Stack Web Development program covers JavaScript, HTML, CSS, jQuery, MV Frameworks, NodeJS, and SQL. The data science bootcamp teaches data analysis in Python, machine learning, data visualization, SQL, noSQL, data infrastructure, and GitHub. Students will learn vital skills like effective communication, problem-solving, and self-awareness.

Prospective applicants will participate in a 60-80 hour prep course, finishing with an assessment that is part of the selective application process.

Working with experienced teachers, SPICED Academy students will receive an extensive education and unique industry insights. In addition to programming, students also learn personal and professional development skills in self-awareness and career development. Students will build a portfolio, get interview tips, and create a resume that will get them noticed. After graduation, students have the opportunity to meet SPICED Academy partners, with the aim of getting jobs as junior software developers.

Recent SPICED Academy Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (92) reviews for SPICED Academy →

Recent SPICED Academy News

Read all (5) articles about SPICED Academy →

Start Date November 08, 2021
    LocationCologne
    Unser projektbasierter Lehrplan ist flexibel, um einer Vielzahl von Interessen gerecht zu werden, und so konzipiert, dass du mit Kompetenzen ausgestattet wirst, die sich auch in 5 Jahren noch auszahlen werden.
    Unsere Data Science Kurse in Deutschland sind zertifiziert für den Bildungsgutschein der Agentur für Arbeit.
    November 08, 2021 - Cologne Apply by November 01, 2021

Start Date September 27, 2021
    LocationBerlin
    Our Data Science Program is a full-time, 12 week intensive course based on-site in Berlin. You will develop all the skills needed to begin a successful career as a data scientist; known as “the sexiest job of the 21st century”. Our rigorous course will hone your abilities in Pythonprogramming, pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PostGreS, MongoDB, Docker, data visualization andmore. You will complete exciting projects each week, individually and in small teams, allowing you to learn the most effective way there is: by doing.
    Payment plans available

Start Date November 29, 2021
    LocationHamburg
    November 29, 2021 - Hamburg Apply by November 22, 2021
  • Full Stack Web Development

JavaScript, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Node.js, SQL, AngularJS, Front End, Git, React.js
    Start Date September 06, 2021
    LocationBerlin
    The full stack web development program covers JavaScript, Python, HTML, CSS, jQuery, MV Frameworks, NodeJS, and SQL. Classes are 9am to 6pm, 5 days per week.
    Options available
    Prep Work40 - 80 Hour preparation course material is provided.
    September 06, 2021 - Berlin Apply by August 30, 2021
    November 01, 2021 - Berlin Apply by October 25, 2021

React.js, Mobile, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, CSS
    Start Date November 02, 2021
    LocationCologne
    Unser 12-wöchiges Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp gibt dir die nötigen Werkzeuge an die Hand, und vermittelt dir die nachgefragtesten Technologien des Markts, damit du nach dem Abschluss eine schnelle Karriere als Web Entwickler*in starten kannst.
    Unsere Webdevelopment Kurse in Deutschland sind zertifiziert für den Bildungsgutschein der Agentur für Arbeit.
    November 02, 2021 - Cologne Apply by October 25, 2021

Node.js, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, Front End
    LocationHamburg
    Available with the Agentur für Arbeit
    Prep Work60-80 hours
  • Oleksii Sodolinskiy  User Photo
    Oleksii Sodolinskiy • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am so great full for the experience and knowledge I got in Spiced Academy. Best friendly teachers! I am working as a full stack developer already 1,5 years and big part of it played spiced academy. Thank you!
  • Lutz  User Photo
    Lutz • Demand Planner • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    During lockdown I completed the Data Science Boot Camp to 100% remote. Which was a quiet tough challenge for me as newby in coding, guess a little more tough as to do the class room course. Due to 100% remote class room I was missing a little the interaction between or after the class room sessions between us students. Anyway it was a great experience which I didn't wanna miss, especially with our very knowledgeable teachers which gave us a great support! As well the Spiced team around us gave a great support and take care that everything is running smooth, thanks!
    At the end I could only recommend this course to every data friend to get a good insight about what is possible in the world of Data Science. Even, as in my case, that you not go ahead as Data Scientist or Analyst, you can participate from the Boot Camp in every data related position.
  • Recommend
    - 12/6/2021
    David Durlan  User Photo
    David Durlan • Student Verified via GitHub
    Spiced successfully kickstarted my career in tech. That's it. What else can I say.
    I also learned a lot about problem solving in general.
    The teachers were very approachable, the curriculum was very well prepared and thought out imo, and I had a great connection with other students.
    It can be a little overwhelming if you haven't coded before, so I'd definitely recommend preparing as much as possible. The more you prepare the easier of a time you'll have, plus you get to ask much more in depth question and understand the topics on a much deeper level if you have your basics covered already.
  • Martyn Clews  User Photo
    Martyn Clews • Frontend Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I  graduated from the full stack web developer course in June 2021. Following graduation, I received one-to-one career coaching to enable me to successfully gain employment within software development.

The course structure and delivery is well planned and industry applicable. The Spiced team are attentive, knowledgeable and always willing to support.

I remain in touch with a lot of the Spiced team and I would definitely recommend a bootcamp and Spiced for anyone looking to become a software developer.
  • Lucie bellenger  User Photo
    Lucie bellenger • Trainee software developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I decided to change career path and finally work in something I like. Thanks to spiced and it’s wonderful teachers, I finally work in something do something that I enjoy. I found an internship one month after graduating, and currently a trainee software developer. So if you are motivated to work intensively during 3 months, (and maybe go through some weekly mental breakdowns lol) then just go for it! Definitively worth the hard work.
  • Abrar Faisal  User Photo
    Abrar Faisal • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My time at Spiced Academy was a super career-reset. After making the tough decision of a career switch during the pandemic, there was also choosing the right school. I read online about bootcamps in Berlin and they always mentioned that it can be a nerve cracking experience if you are not mentally prepared and highly motivated. I had already decided about Full Stack Web Development after discussing with friends in the field and online research.

I believe the curriculum at Spiced was well-organized and structured. As I was a bit nervous naturally, I prefered the duration of 12 weeks instead of the more common 9 week bootcamps. In addition, an appealing website always helps to attract students, especially if they want to become a web developer. It definitely had an effect on me and made the decision easier. If eligible, one should definitely utilize the Bildungsgutschein from the Arbeitsagentür. The admission process was a good way to learn about the school and get some basic preparation. The home assignment during admission already gives you a good idea about yourself and whether you are ready for such an intensive bootcamp.

Once the bootcamp started, there was no time to look back. We were thoroughly engaged with learning and our home tasks everyday. It was nice to have fellow course mates from various backgrounds. We slowly got to know our friendly and very helpful teachers day by day. They each had their own style but also a common aim, to get the topics into our heads! During the pandemic, studying remotely was a new experience for both sides and Spiced handled it quite well. It was a good balance between lectures, assignments and consultation. The course also had a seemless flow starting with JavaScript, HTML, CSS for the front end; shifting to the back end with Node/Express, PostgreSQL, etc.; getting introduced to frameworks like Vue & React and finally moving onto the real projects. While working on the projects I had realized I have already made considerable progress. Each project was different and exciting to do, as we could include our own ideas and creativity. That always helped to open our minds and broaden our perspectives.

Finally, before we knew it, it was time to submit our final project and graduate. The intensity made the 3 months feel like it flew by. We were ready to create our portfolio, resume and online presence as job-seekers. Spiced career consultation helped a lot to achieve them, even after we had graduated. There were career talks/discussions throughout the bootcamp. In addition, the hiring department was always actively searching for prospective employers for Spiced graduates. Both career counselling and hiring department from Spiced supported to push towards the job market and give confidence while applying to jobs myself. Thankfully I was able to land my first job within a couple of months as a Frontend Developer in Berlin. Till date we are still connected to the Spiced network, old and new students. The time at Spiced will be a very memorable experience forever. I would highly recommend Spiced Academy for anybody looking to change their careers, no matter what background you come from; have an awesome/priceless brainwash and get ready for the tech industry within 3 months!
  • Silke  User Photo
    Silke • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did the course after quitting my job as I really wanted to be a Developer for around 2 years. So my decision involved a lot of research in advance because it wouldn't be an easy way either. After multiple talks and invitations at different providers, I quickly wanted to be part of SPICED. My personal reasons for that were primarily the curriculum --> modern frameworks, a lot of JS and working on/creating multiple projects each week to really have something of your own work to show after graduating. That was quite helpful for my applications afterwards. Also, it shouldn't be too general and easy - at another provider I needed to simply change colors in css and got the course acception based on that. Idk, you think about the level of the whole course then right? If you have few experience before, you need to learn so much to even start in that job anyways. My recommendation is learning the basics before and use the bootcamp for getting deeper into understanding. If you see yourself in my review so far, SPICED is the absolute best way to do this. :) I'm not gonna lie, it was very challenging and exhausting. I thought I cannot make it so often. But it was the best way to learn quite a lot in a very short time. You get a great overview of different Frontend and Backend projects what can also be helpful for focussing just in one field afterwards. Biggest props at this point to our outstanding teacher Florian! I really think that he was the best part of the whole bootcamp. Patient, funny, very good at explaining, always helpful and positive on anything especially when you are deeply frustrated :')
    It took some time and still a lot of work after graduation, but I'm an employed Full Stack Web Developer now and would do it anytime again with SPICED.
  • Alessandro Aiello  User Photo
    Alessandro Aiello • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The Overall experience of the Boot Camp was really Nice. The instructors were Really helpful and the curriculum was very well constructed. First we learned the basics off css and javascript then we had two big projects that were made with react and vue.
    The graduation project was a Projektei of our choice with a framework of our choice.
    10 graduation project was actually the most fun, because it was the first time you really saw what you learned in practice.

While going through the different topics there were really interesting job search workshops in between, , preparing you for the later job search.
    They also help you with the whole hiring process and get you a accustomed to
    Tech interviews.
    What really stood out was the community behind spiced Academy. All people are really engaged to help you and I’m still grasping opportunities via slack and the different channels and events they do for graduates.

If I had to decide again I Would totally
    Do the camp again.
    It is a really good starting point to get deeper into web development, if you already have grasped the basics.
    I have to warn you though that It is really intense and you will probably come to the point where it seems too much, but luckily there will be teachers which will guide you, if you get stucked.

❤️❤️❤️
  • Clemens  User Photo
    Clemens • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I completed the 12 weeks intensive course in Data Science in Berlin this June-Sept. It was without a doubt one of the best times and I want venture as far to say life-changing. The faculty and staff were, and remain, extremely helpful and supportive. Course content can be challenging as it really is quite a lot (a new topic every week), but totally worth the time, and you will never not receive help if you ask. The bootcamp gives a great overview of various topics and teaches valuable (tech) skills, so the hardest thing is to then choose what you like best and want to continue focusing on after you graduate. There is great career support with e.g. CV reviews during and afterwards as well. SPICED Academy also has a good number of hiring partners, which the direct line helps to land an interview in today's competitive market.
    I can only recommend SPICED to anyone wanting to advance their skills and career.
  • Frontend Engineer
    - 11/22/2021
    SinemU.  User Photo
    SinemU. • Frontend Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This web development Bootcamp was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. But it is well worth it. In the first place, I had too many concerns regarding my background because I have spent 7 years as a lawyer and when I decided to make a career change, I had literally no idea about web development and had no coding experience. I still can not believe but I found a position just after 2 months of finishing my Bootcamp, first as an intern and now as an FE engineer in the same company.  Bootcamp is quite intense but all teachers in Spiced are quite helpful and so supportive. Whenever I felt bad or under pressure, they really made their best to make me believe again that I can learn to code.

Bootcamp is officially 3 months but with the prep period (Spiced is providing some links/platforms so that you can learn basics for CSS/HTML/JS/SQL for the Bootcamp and pass the assignment), I would say I spent almost 5 months for Spiced. I strongly recommend investing good time in the prep especially if you have no background/ experience in coding. The curriculum is quite packed and intense but at the same time great for the industry. While applying for the positions, I figured out how much we learned in Spiced and how useful the things we learned for the industry. Happy that I had this experience and met all the great people (and of course David's cat :) ) from Spiced!
  • Tianjun  User Photo
    Tianjun • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    This bootcamp is a great opportunity to get into this area in Germany without any German language requirements, also worth joining for Germans who would like to learn in an international atmosphere. When I heard about SPICED, I didn't hesitate to register and try to get the funding from Agentur für Arbeit. The course was indeed intensive, but I completed every project in the end and had a lot of fun. The teachers are good at what they do. The career coaching is super helpful. I'm glad about my decision and will definitely recommend it to friends.

Application:
    Don't be afraid of this 60-hour prep course and the assessment. The course is just a review of university math (Calculus, Linear Algebra and Statistics), some introductory reading, and basic Python codes. If you have a programming background, it doesn't take that much time at all. If you don't, it is easy to catch up with the learning material.

The assessment is writing a Python program regarding simple math problems. This is not a graded exam. You will receive a comment with suggestions from the teachers.

During the Course:
    The course is mainly about Machine Learning (incl. Deep Learning). There are also projects about SQL, AWS, Docker, and software engineering. Meanwhile, topics like coding style, testing and web application will be mentioned as well.

The bootcamp can be on-site or online, depending on which city you live in. You will stay in front of the computer for at least 10 hours a day, and the brain work will get you hungry sooner than usual. Remember to relax and keep exercising during the bootcamp. → Don't break your eyes, back or neck. :P

All course material is online, which means you have full access even after the bootcamp. There are mandatory lessons and extra lessons for self-learning. The teachers may add them in the course depending on the schedule and students' learning speed, or upon requests.

A weekly project involves many relevant topics. The target and steps are usually listed in the beginning. You'll receive the tools from the teachers and apply them one by one. On Friday afternoon, everyone will give a lightning talk about their work of the week or some other interesting topics from their exploration during the week. This is the relaxing moment of the week.

Career Coaching:
    After the class (once a week), there are online career sessions about job functions, CV & cover letter, LinkedIn, interviews, salary negotiation, job search strategies, etc. There you will meet students from other cohorts. No matter how many applications you may have written, you could always learn a new point or two. For academics and fresh graduates, it will be a fundamental instruction of job searching.

You could also book private coaching sessions with the professionals to discuss individual cases or for a revision of your CV/cover letter. The career sessions are also offered after graduation.

Graduation:
    In the last week, you will come up with your own project idea and use what you've learned to realize it. The teachers are there to help. It will be an exciting challenge, and it helps you to get a feeling of real work. You will present your project online on the last Friday in front of 40/50 audiences.

In the end, you will only find that 12 weeks are not enough, you want to learn more. But at this point, you are actually more capable than you think because you can already solve so many problems in your life! The final project is proof. This bootcamp is a fast and ensured path to start your data career.