spiced-academy-logo

SPICED Academy

Berlin, Cologne, Hamburg, Stuttgart

SPICED Academy

SPICED Academy offers full-time, 12-week coding bootcamps and data science bootcamps in Berlin, Germany. The Full Stack Web Development program covers JavaScript, HTML, CSS, jQuery, MV Frameworks, NodeJS, and SQL. The data science bootcamp teaches data analysis in Python, machine learning, data visualization, SQL, noSQL, data infrastructure, and GitHub. Students will learn vital skills like effective communication, problem-solving, and self-awareness.

Prospective applicants will participate in a 60-80 hour prep course, finishing with an assessment that is part of the selective application process.

Working with experienced teachers, SPICED Academy students will receive an extensive education and unique industry insights. In addition to programming, students also learn personal and professional development skills in self-awareness and career development. Students will build a portfolio, get interview tips, and create a resume that will get them noticed. After graduation, students have the opportunity to meet SPICED Academy partners, with the aim of getting jobs as junior software developers.

Recent SPICED Academy Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (98) reviews for SPICED Academy →

Recent SPICED Academy News

Read all (5) articles about SPICED Academy →

Start Date February 15, 2022
    LocationBerlin
    Our Data Science Program is a full-time, 12 week intensive course based on-site in Berlin. You will develop all the skills needed to begin a successful career as a data scientist; known as “the sexiest job of the 21st century”. Our rigorous course will hone your abilities in Pythonprogramming, pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PostGreS, MongoDB, Docker, data visualization andmore. You will complete exciting projects each week, individually and in small teams, allowing you to learn the most effective way there is: by doing.
    Payment plans available
    Minimum Skill LevelFamiliarity with mathematic concepts
    Prep Work40 - 60 hours
    February 15, 2022 - Berlin Apply by February 07, 2022
    March 14, 2022 - Berlin Apply by March 07, 2022

Start Date November 08, 2021
    LocationCologne
    Unser projektbasierter Lehrplan ist flexibel, um einer Vielzahl von Interessen gerecht zu werden, und so konzipiert, dass du mit Kompetenzen ausgestattet wirst, die sich auch in 5 Jahren noch auszahlen werden.
    Unsere Data Science Kurse in Deutschland sind zertifiziert für den Bildungsgutschein der Agentur für Arbeit.
    November 08, 2021 - Cologne Apply by November 01, 2021

Start Date March 14, 2022
    LocationHamburg
    March 14, 2022 - Hamburg Apply by March 07, 2022

React.js, Mobile, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, CSS
    Start Date November 02, 2021
    LocationCologne
    Unser 12-wöchiges Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp gibt dir die nötigen Werkzeuge an die Hand, und vermittelt dir die nachgefragtesten Technologien des Markts, damit du nach dem Abschluss eine schnelle Karriere als Web Entwickler*in starten kannst.
    Unsere Webdevelopment Kurse in Deutschland sind zertifiziert für den Bildungsgutschein der Agentur für Arbeit.
    November 02, 2021 - Cologne Apply by October 25, 2021
  • Full Stack Web Development

React.js, Node.js, Mobile, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, Front End, CSS
    Start Date February 21, 2022
    LocationStuttgart
    Go deep into Web Development with the most in-depth curriculum in Germany.
    Available for 100% funding with the Agentur fur Arbeit
    Prep WorkThere's a 40 hour prep course
    February 21, 2022 - Stuttgart Apply by February 14, 2022

Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js
    Start Date April 11, 2022
    LocationHamburg
    The full stack web development program covers JavaScript, Python, HTML, CSS, jQuery, MV Frameworks, NodeJS, and SQL. Classes are 9am to 6pm, 5 days per week.
    Available with the Agentur für Arbeit
    Prep Work60-80 hours
    April 11, 2022 - Hamburg Apply by April 04, 2022
  • Full Stack Web Development

JavaScript, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Node.js, SQL, AngularJS, Front End, Git, React.js
    Start Date February 07, 2022
    LocationBerlin
    Options available
    Prep Work40 - 80 Hour preparation course material is provided.
    February 07, 2022 - Berlin Apply by February 01, 2022
    March 07, 2022 - Berlin Apply by March 01, 2022
    - 5/17/2022
    Zafer Kucuk  User Photo
    Zafer Kucuk • IT Project Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I decided to update myself and joined 12 weeks of intensive data science bootcamp at SPICED academy. It was a great experience that I learned and enjoyed. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to move into the data science area.
  • Benedikt Hofbauer  User Photo
    Benedikt Hofbauer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I have a natural science background and decided to switch careers to the field of Data Science and Data Analytics. My motivation to take the SPICED Data Science Bootcamp was to brush up my Python programming skills and to learn the current data science methods in hands on projects. I had already some self taught experience in python, but was not confident enough in my programming skills to use them in my projects. The bootcamp changed that!
    Each week brought a new project with increased difficulty level that often seemed impossible to achieve at first, but with ceaseless help of the teachers and full time commitment every hurdle could be taken. The curriculum included a variety of data science methods and the mathematical theory to go with it. Because of the big number of topics, it was often not possible to explore everything in depth. However students were encouraged to focus on specific fields they were interested in and neglect others. Also, by design, every challenge was a team effort. There was no toxic behaviour and cooperation was always encouraged by the SPICED team. The teachers often went out of the way to help with bug-fixing or explanations of complex topics.
    In the end, the bootcamp gave me exactly what I hoped to get. It gave me the confidence to apply for Data Science positions as a career changer and allowed me to enter the thrilling and wide field of data science. I had a great time!
  • Honest Review
    - 2/8/2022
    Christopher Odum  User Photo
    Christopher Odum • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I completed the Data science boot camp with Spiced academy 2021 April - Jul and I can honestly say it was exciting, tough and it will push your limits and test you.
    All the teachers and staff were helpful and went above and beyond to provide a quality instruction environment and they also provided HR support and pointers on how to improve your Github, CV, and LinkedIn profiles to help improve their graduate's chances at the Job market.
    On a personal note, I wish I had practiced more exercises with solutions on the topics of Pandas and Python as this would really really help during the course also get second computer monitor.
    I wish future students good luck on their journey to becoming Data Scientists and Developers.

Kind Regards
  • Oleksii Sodolinskiy  User Photo
    Oleksii Sodolinskiy • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am so great full for the experience and knowledge I got in Spiced Academy. Best friendly teachers! I am working as a full stack developer already 1,5 years and big part of it played spiced academy. Thank you!
  • Lutz  User Photo
    Lutz • Demand Planner • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    During lockdown I completed the Data Science Boot Camp to 100% remote. Which was a quiet tough challenge for me as newby in coding, guess a little more tough as to do the class room course. Due to 100% remote class room I was missing a little the interaction between or after the class room sessions between us students. Anyway it was a great experience which I didn't wanna miss, especially with our very knowledgeable teachers which gave us a great support! As well the Spiced team around us gave a great support and take care that everything is running smooth, thanks!
    At the end I could only recommend this course to every data friend to get a good insight about what is possible in the world of Data Science. Even, as in my case, that you not go ahead as Data Scientist or Analyst, you can participate from the Boot Camp in every data related position.
  • Recommend
    - 12/6/2021
    David Durlan  User Photo
    David Durlan • Student Verified via GitHub
    Spiced successfully kickstarted my career in tech. That's it. What else can I say.
    I also learned a lot about problem solving in general.
    The teachers were very approachable, the curriculum was very well prepared and thought out imo, and I had a great connection with other students.
    It can be a little overwhelming if you haven't coded before, so I'd definitely recommend preparing as much as possible. The more you prepare the easier of a time you'll have, plus you get to ask much more in depth question and understand the topics on a much deeper level if you have your basics covered already.
  • Martyn Clews  User Photo
    Martyn Clews • Frontend Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I  graduated from the full stack web developer course in June 2021. Following graduation, I received one-to-one career coaching to enable me to successfully gain employment within software development.

The course structure and delivery is well planned and industry applicable. The Spiced team are attentive, knowledgeable and always willing to support.

I remain in touch with a lot of the Spiced team and I would definitely recommend a bootcamp and Spiced for anyone looking to become a software developer.
  • Lucie bellenger  User Photo
    Lucie bellenger • Trainee software developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I decided to change career path and finally work in something I like. Thanks to spiced and it’s wonderful teachers, I finally work in something do something that I enjoy. I found an internship one month after graduating, and currently a trainee software developer. So if you are motivated to work intensively during 3 months, (and maybe go through some weekly mental breakdowns lol) then just go for it! Definitively worth the hard work.
  • Abrar Faisal  User Photo
    Abrar Faisal • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My time at Spiced Academy was a super career-reset. After making the tough decision of a career switch during the pandemic, there was also choosing the right school. I read online about bootcamps in Berlin and they always mentioned that it can be a nerve cracking experience if you are not mentally prepared and highly motivated. I had already decided about Full Stack Web Development after discussing with friends in the field and online research.

I believe the curriculum at Spiced was well-organized and structured. As I was a bit nervous naturally, I prefered the duration of 12 weeks instead of the more common 9 week bootcamps. In addition, an appealing website always helps to attract students, especially if they want to become a web developer. It definitely had an effect on me and made the decision easier. If eligible, one should definitely utilize the Bildungsgutschein from the Arbeitsagentür. The admission process was a good way to learn about the school and get some basic preparation. The home assignment during admission already gives you a good idea about yourself and whether you are ready for such an intensive bootcamp.

Once the bootcamp started, there was no time to look back. We were thoroughly engaged with learning and our home tasks everyday. It was nice to have fellow course mates from various backgrounds. We slowly got to know our friendly and very helpful teachers day by day. They each had their own style but also a common aim, to get the topics into our heads! During the pandemic, studying remotely was a new experience for both sides and Spiced handled it quite well. It was a good balance between lectures, assignments and consultation. The course also had a seemless flow starting with JavaScript, HTML, CSS for the front end; shifting to the back end with Node/Express, PostgreSQL, etc.; getting introduced to frameworks like Vue & React and finally moving onto the real projects. While working on the projects I had realized I have already made considerable progress. Each project was different and exciting to do, as we could include our own ideas and creativity. That always helped to open our minds and broaden our perspectives.

Finally, before we knew it, it was time to submit our final project and graduate. The intensity made the 3 months feel like it flew by. We were ready to create our portfolio, resume and online presence as job-seekers. Spiced career consultation helped a lot to achieve them, even after we had graduated. There were career talks/discussions throughout the bootcamp. In addition, the hiring department was always actively searching for prospective employers for Spiced graduates. Both career counselling and hiring department from Spiced supported to push towards the job market and give confidence while applying to jobs myself. Thankfully I was able to land my first job within a couple of months as a Frontend Developer in Berlin. Till date we are still connected to the Spiced network, old and new students. The time at Spiced will be a very memorable experience forever. I would highly recommend Spiced Academy for anybody looking to change their careers, no matter what background you come from; have an awesome/priceless brainwash and get ready for the tech industry within 3 months!
  • Silke  User Photo
    Silke • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did the course after quitting my job as I really wanted to be a Developer for around 2 years. So my decision involved a lot of research in advance because it wouldn't be an easy way either. After multiple talks and invitations at different providers, I quickly wanted to be part of SPICED. My personal reasons for that were primarily the curriculum --> modern frameworks, a lot of JS and working on/creating multiple projects each week to really have something of your own work to show after graduating. That was quite helpful for my applications afterwards. Also, it shouldn't be too general and easy - at another provider I needed to simply change colors in css and got the course acception based on that. Idk, you think about the level of the whole course then right? If you have few experience before, you need to learn so much to even start in that job anyways. My recommendation is learning the basics before and use the bootcamp for getting deeper into understanding. If you see yourself in my review so far, SPICED is the absolute best way to do this. :) I'm not gonna lie, it was very challenging and exhausting. I thought I cannot make it so often. But it was the best way to learn quite a lot in a very short time. You get a great overview of different Frontend and Backend projects what can also be helpful for focussing just in one field afterwards. Biggest props at this point to our outstanding teacher Florian! I really think that he was the best part of the whole bootcamp. Patient, funny, very good at explaining, always helpful and positive on anything especially when you are deeply frustrated :')
    It took some time and still a lot of work after graduation, but I'm an employed Full Stack Web Developer now and would do it anytime again with SPICED.
  • Alessandro Aiello  User Photo
    Alessandro Aiello • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The Overall experience of the Boot Camp was really Nice. The instructors were Really helpful and the curriculum was very well constructed. First we learned the basics off css and javascript then we had two big projects that were made with react and vue.
    The graduation project was a Projektei of our choice with a framework of our choice.
    10 graduation project was actually the most fun, because it was the first time you really saw what you learned in practice.

While going through the different topics there were really interesting job search workshops in between, , preparing you for the later job search.
    They also help you with the whole hiring process and get you a accustomed to
    Tech interviews.
    What really stood out was the community behind spiced Academy. All people are really engaged to help you and I’m still grasping opportunities via slack and the different channels and events they do for graduates.

If I had to decide again I Would totally
    Do the camp again.
    It is a really good starting point to get deeper into web development, if you already have grasped the basics.
    I have to warn you though that It is really intense and you will probably come to the point where it seems too much, but luckily there will be teachers which will guide you, if you get stucked.

❤️❤️❤️