Product School, a technology business school, offers part-time courses in product management, data analytics, coding, digital marketing, UX design, and product leadership to professionals at 20 campuses in the US, Latin America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and live online. The curriculum contains a healthy mix of hands-on projects, group exercises, case studies, and interview prep, plus access to a network of alumni, mentors, and job opportunities. Both on-site and online courses are taught by senior-level product managers who work at technology companies such as Google, Facebook, PayPal, Airbnb, LinkedIn, and Netflix. Designed to fit into work schedules, classes are held in the evenings or on weekends.
To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Product School welcomes applications from professionals who live close to one of the school’s campuses, or who are willing to study online.
Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management such as PMC™, FPMC™, and PLC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of thousands of people; including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.
Product School also offers custom corporate training programs for Fortune 500 companies seeking to advance the product management skill sets of their existing teams or onboard new talent. Committed to building a product management community, Product School has published an ebook called The Product Book, and runs events like ProductCon, a multi-city product management conference. Product School was founded in 2014 and has graduated more than 10,000 students.
Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.86
Recent Product School News
- HTML, Git, PHP, C#, .NET, Go, Django, CSS, DevOps, Express.js, React.js, Front End, Ruby
In PersonPart Time
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost $3,999 Class size N/A Location San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Boston, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Online, Toronto, Orange CountyProduct School’s Data Analytics for Managers course is a part-time program for motivated professionals with strong business backgrounds who want to learn how to make data-driven decisions and increase their visibility with hiring managers. By the end of this 8-week course, you will be equipped with the skills to retrieve data, understand its value, and run thoughtful experiments to make impactful decisions. This course will teach you to master tools such as Google Analytics and Optimizely, as well as perfecting your skills in SQL and data visualization using Tableau. Lastly, you will learn how to implement the key concepts of Big Data and Machine Learning In addition to our classes being compatible with traditional work schedules, our campuses are conveniently located in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and New York. If you are unable to attend in person you can still receive the same real-time, experience Online thanks to our flexible worldwide scheduling! Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded with the Data Analytics for Managers Certification. This is not a traditional lecture. Expect a healthy mix of group work, hands-on practice and an experiential learning process centered around collecting, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing and presenting data.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost $3,999 Class size N/A Location San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Online, Toronto, Orange CountyProduct School’s Digital Marketing for Managers course is a part-time program designed for professionals who want to learn the frameworks and tools to acquire more users online and convert them into clients. Through 8 weeks of hands-on training, you’ll gain the skills required to work with and lead marketing teams. This is not your traditional lecture class. The coursework is designed and taught by senior-level marketing experts working at leading tech companies. Expect a healthy mix of group work, hands-on practice, job search assistance, and an experiential learning process centered around developing a robust digital marketing plan. Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded with the Digital Marketing for Managers Certification. In addition to our classes being compatible with traditional work schedules, our campuses are conveniently located across 3 locations across the US. If you are unable to attend classes in person, you can also receive the same real-time experience through our Online campus.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
- Product Management
In PersonPart Time
Start Date None scheduled Cost $3,999 Class size N/A Location San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, London, Seattle, Boston, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Online, Toronto, Orange CountyProduct School’s Product Leadership course is a 4-week part-time program for experienced Product Managers looking to advance into a more strategic, leadership role. This advanced, high-level course is not for everyone. If you already have at least three years experience in a Product Management role and want to take your career to the next level, then this course will give you confidence and direction. Through hands-on group work and practical exercises and case studies, you’ll dive deeper into how you can implement PM best practices on the strategic level to significantly impact your company’s portfolio and revenue. Our schedule is compatible with traditional work-hours and our campuses are conveniently located across 15 locations in the US, Canada, and the UK! You can also receive the same in-person, real-time experience Online thanks to our worldwide flexible scheduling!
Minimum Skill Level 5+ years of experience Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost $3,999 Class size N/A Location Chicago, San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Online, Toronto, Orange CountyProduct School’s Product Management course is a part-time program for professionals with strong technical or business backgrounds. In just a span of 8-weeks, we prepare professionals who want to transition into product management roles at software-based companies. In addition to our classes being compatible with traditional work schedules, our campuses are conveniently located in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, London, Toronto, Orange County, and Santa Monica! If you are unable to attend in person, you can receive the same real-time, experience Online ! With either option, upon completion of the course you will be awarded with the Product Management Certification. This is not your traditional lecture class. Expect a healthy mix of group work, hands-on practice with mentors, job search assistance, and an experiential learning process centered around managing the development of software products from beginning to end, all with the goal of helping you become a top-tier product manager.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Different payment plans available
Minimum Skill Level 3+ years of relevant experience Placement Test No Interview Yes
- User Experience Design
In PersonPart Time
Start Date None scheduled Cost $3,999 Class size N/A Location San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Online, Toronto, Orange CountyProduct School’s UX Design for Managers course is a part-time program designed for professionals who want to learn the frameworks and tools to design software products. This 8-week course is not just about making something look flashy; it's about deeply understanding your users and delivering an exceptional experience through every step of the process. You’ll gain the skills required to work with or lead design teams. The coursework is structured and taught by senior-level UX/UI design experts working at leading tech companies. Rather than old fashioned lectures, expect a healthy mix of group work, hands-on practice, job search assistance, and an experiential learning process centered around developing a robust digital UX Design plan. Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded the UX Design Certification. Our classes are compatible with traditional work schedules and our campuses are conveniently located across 3 locations in the US. If you prefer, you can also receive the same real-time experience through our live Online campus.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
Product School Reviews
183 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great Experience!- 7/6/2015Dinesh • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
I took the 8-week Product Management course at Product School and have very positive feedback for anyone looking to take the course. Carlos was an extremely intelligent and knowledgable instructor who deeply cared about his students success. With the help of Product School I was able to get multiple job offers within just a few weeks after graduation. The consultation that was given to me during my interview process was priceless.
- Medha Ghatikesh • Student • Campus: San Francisco
This course covers everything you need to know about Product Management to jumpstart your PM career.
It covers the absolute fundamentals of a PM role such as writing solid product specs, creating wireframes and interactive prototypes, developing personas, market sizing, A/B testing, metrics, product marketing, etc. But it doesn't just leave you there - they also teach you how to apply for PM jobs, how to position yourself as a PM, and help you prepare for interviews. They can also make intros to the companies they work with.
The best part is that it isn't all theory - you get to apply everything you learn every week to your own side project, and the instructors provide VERY DETAILED, brutally honest feedback to help you learn and improve over the course of 8 weeks.
The instructors teaching this course are SOLID. They are product managers by profession so they use real life examples to explain PM concepts, have relevant silicon valley PM experience, have exceptional teaching styles, and are very keen to help you excel in the course. TIP: With this course, you get as much as you put in to it. If you passively attend classes and leave the homework assignments incomplete, you will not learn very much. So take notes actively, apply everything you've learnt, ask tons of questions and give it all you've got!
- The most 'product'-ive and practical course- 6/25/2015Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
I took the 8-week Product Management for Engineers weekend course and found it extremely beneficial. Both Hamid and Carlos are very energetic, experienced and encouraging and this helped me push myself outside the comfort zone and chase what I'm really passionate about! We got to learn about a number of tools that I can immediately start using without requiring coding experience such as Balsalmiq, Invision, Roadmunk. We got to interact with guest speakers with an entrepreneurship drive who took on risky products, and the lessons they learnt along the way. I really enjoyed learning about many of the 'soft' skills needed to be a great PM, this is something that you don't get to experience by reading a PM book or from a typical theory class. While working on a side project, I got to learn about key ingredients required to build a new feature or product, including how to be extremely focused and prioritize on key features, how to ship an MVP out quickly, track metrics, then rinse-n-repeat. All in all, it's one of the best courses I've taken and I'm already recommending it to my friends and family.
- Drop the theory and get real at Product School- 6/22/2015Anonymous • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
Product School is a great place to learn about product management, be a better PM, and get a job as a PM. First, Product School helps students with finding a PM job. Secondly, the class sizes are small, which means more hands-on mentorship from the instructors and mentors. Third, the selection process for the courses creates a great environment -- the students are highly-motivated and are high-achievers which fills the classroom with an unmatched energy.
- More than what I expected- 6/15/2015Saket Jain • Sr. Business Analyst • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San FranciscoI attended Product School in early 2015, and it was one of the best decisions I made to advance my career. I was reluctant to make this decision but there was something about the curriculum that caught my eye. It covered several aspects of Product Management in which I was inexperienced at. I met Carlos in one of the meetups hosted at The Vault. He is a lanky guy with a thick accent. I made my first mistake by judging this book by its cover. I was questioning his abilities as a teacher without even giving him a chance. I was wrong. I am glad he proved me wrong. There were several reputed professionals who took over various aspects of the class, but Carlos turned out to be better at teaching than anyone else. Carlos is a young, confident and experienced entrepreneur, making an impact in this industry with his unique methods of teaching. Anyone looking to hone their PM skills should give Product School a shot, its worth it.
- The best Product Management class I have taken!- 6/10/2015Laura • Product Manager • Graduate • Campus: San FranciscoI highly recommend taking this class if you are transitioning to Product Management or brushing up on the latest Product trends. It offers a very practical and experiential learning approach that really prepares you for real-world challenges. The instructors come from a variety of backgrounds in large and small startups, so you get the best of both worlds and learn to apply techniques from people who run top products and are entrepreneurs themselves. Carlos and Hamid have a rare gift for teaching and are very enthusiastic about each topic. Their class is super engaging and they keep the students inspired to learn and work on their own projects. I took the class from 6:30-9:30 pm after work, and it was so exciting and intense that I would come out invigorated rather than tired! Carlos and Hamid are also extremely dedicated to the needs of the students and go beyond what's expected to offer you the tools to succeed. We got free access to commonly used online tools, they provided reading lists, lists of blogs & experts to follow, and recommended sites to continue learning about product management. They also invited a variety of experts to give talks and encouraged us to attend hackathons and conferences. Product School also offers a wide network with immense value. Carlos and Hamid are great mentors and are always happy to introduce you to new opportunities. They made themselves available throughout the program and afterwards; it's been a year since I took the class and I still continue to receive support from them! Many of my classmates have now started their own companies or started working as Product Managers shortly after finishing the class.
- bruce • product manager • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
I found Product School on MeetUp, and my first reaction was “wow, they’re doing that in North Beach in SF??!!” It was just what was on my mind, so I went to the free intro night and started thinking. It was like having cold water thrown in my face- all this practical info explained in a very street-smart, passionate way by Carlos. I was impressed by his intensity and accomplishments, but also his honesty. “NO, it is not easy transitioning to a PM. You have to do many things and learn many things.” So I jumped in.
My perspective: unlike many of the students who come here, I have not been working as a sftwr developer in the web/mob/SaaS space. These are the ideal target for this class. I am a general hw/sftwr engineer who has a lot of experience doing mrktg/biz dev , so my perspective might be different. But since I want to be in that space as a PM, it seemed like a pretty good fit. I was sure it would be useful.
- It is fun, fast and furious: There are guest speakers who really know their stuff. Impressive people who are really doing it, have recently gained their success through hard work. It is nothing like a UC extension course. I didn’t do a lot of cost comparison, but it seems like a good deal compared to general assembly.
- You will get so many pointers and links to interesting resources. I wanted to read everything, but it isn’t possible.
- Be prepared for really direct feedback. Like “that answers sucks”. Not easy to hear this stuff, but that is what I paid for.
- Carlos is a good presenter and his feedback and the practice presentation sessions were good.
- The side project takes some real time, more than I expected. If you want to get more out of the course, invest time early and try to take some PTO so you can get ahead of the curve on this.
- You get free access to web/mob prototype tools like Balsamic, Justinmind, Invision.
- Learning about growth hacking and advertising/retargeting and the acquisition to revenue market cycle.
- The resume feedback sessions were really good, and the mock interviews were damn good. I have never seen anything like this. We met people from Linked-In and other smaller companies.
- At the end we met a few companies that have a relationship with product school, and we had little short discussions with them on the last day of class, which they call product day
- You can connect with the guest instructors and Carlos and other people through the meetups that follow and continue after the class
- In keeping with Agile thinking, the course will be evolving and changing quickly. So the course you take will be a bit different (and probably better) that what I took
You are sure to learn a lot and have fun. But to land a job afterwards takes a lot of work during the course and tons of work afterwards. I’m happy I took the course.
- Great PM course- 5/28/2015Anonymous
It's incredible what the team at Product School have put together. The material they teach you here is the most relevant and top notch information you can get. They key is the real-world experience of the instructors and the high quality and interest of the students that get accepted into the program.
You really get what you put into Product School, and if you are not giving it your all to understand the material and do your homework, you will have a hard time in this program. If Product School sees that you are not able to make the cut, they will remove you from the program. This has happened to multiple people in my time here, so bring your 200%!
Furthermore, I was pleasantly shocked by the level of support Product School gives its graduates after finishing. They are continuously sharing interesting job offer and other recruiting events. The team network is incredibly strong, with contacts at every major tech company in the Bay area.
- Best way to learn Product Management- 5/19/2015Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: San Francisco
Product School provides an environment where I've been able to grow and work with some the greatest product managers I've ever met. As Product School continues to grow, they will probably have to work hard to keep such a great high bar for students and instructors.Product School takes feedback from its students every week. As such the curriculum and logistics of studying there are constantly being tweaked. This means that each cohort should be getting a slightly improved experience from the last. I certainly think that's true.Having said that, I would certainly recommend the program to any of my friends who wanted to break into product management. By far the most innovative and effective educational experience I've come across.
- Great introduction to Product Management- 5/18/2015Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
I just finished the 8-week Product Management course at Product School and have only the best things to say about the course and the CEO/instructor Carlos!
I believe this course is useful for two categories of people - those who are new to product management (even if they have interacted with PMs before) and those who are looking to start their own companies but do not have a product manager in the founding team.
It really is a hands-on course that takes you through a live project (that you conceptualize and develop) - to get the most out of the course, you should be prepared to put in significant effort. The effort is certainly worth it! By the end, you will have a very good idea of whether a PM career is for you, how to handle a PM job and how to go about getting a PM job. For those who wish to pursue their live project further, there is plenty of great info on how to quickly validate the idea and take it to market.
Carlos' energy is unbelievable - and very contagious! As other reviewers have already pointed out, his connections in the startup scene, and his willingness to go out of his way to help you can make a big difference.
The course is a great way to start along the road to becoming a PM. You do get to find out a lot of "inside info" that you would not otherwise come across. You also get to try out many of the tools that PMs would need to be familiar with - including design tools and A/B testing tools. Again, what you take away is proportional to your own interest and effort!
Overall, I would certainly recommend the course as an effective introduction to Product Management.
- Best Product Management course in the Bay Area- 5/16/2015Adrian Ostolski • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
I took the 8-week part-time Product Management course at Product School. It was a very good investment in my career. I was a QA Engineer and I wanted to become a Product Manager. I would not have been able to do this without taking this course. Well, technically maybe I could, but I don’t think I would have known what I was doing without this experience. It has been invaluable to me.
After researching the various schools in San Francisco that teach Product Management, I selected Product School because they were professional, passionate, and reasonably priced. What I got was more than I even expected. The course was life-changing, they provide tons of connections, and they are constantly providing perks, discounts on professional tools, and opportunities for networking and job openings. Carlos, the CEO, is very passionate. You can’t listen to him talk without feeling excited and motivated. For me, this had a huge impact and I now feel that I can really do my future dream, which is to start my own startup with my husband (an unintended side effect). Since CEO's are essentially their own Product Managers at early startups. I learned so much from this course and it gave me a lot of confidence about my decision to become a Product Manager.
Some things I loved about the course:
The course is part-time so you can take it while working a full-time job or going to school
There are week nights or weekend classes (I took the week nights)
The course is just 8 weeks, so it is packed full of information but I liked that I could be finished and start on my next step sooner
It’s very hands on, meaning that you will be creating your own product
You will also work with others in your class and build a great network of other Product Managers
It’s very cost effective, compared to other Product Management courses
Product School actually takes the time to mentor you, help with your resume, and public speaking skills
They help you in the job search process, in every step, throughout the course and after
Food was provided, so that you didn’t have to worry about making time for it between work and class
My favorite class was the day we had resume reviews and mock interviews because this feedback was excellent and so helpful
Carlos’ connections are amazing. Everyone who was brought in for class was extremely knowledgeable. Although Carlos taught our class himself, he also brought in a Senior Recruiter from LinkedIn, and other Product Managers from top companies and local startups.
Several of my classmates got PM jobs before class was even over
The school has weekly Meetup events, which once a student, you can attend for free for life
I think that this course is the best Product Management school around, and I would recommend it to anyone coming from a technical background who is thinking about becoming a Product Manager or is already a PM and wants to become a better one.
- Great Stepping Stone for new PM's- 5/14/2015Gaurav Tater • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
This review is for the 16 week coding & product management course. I just finished my entire 16 week course. Casey, Hamid and Carlos were my instructor and they are one of the best instructors you could get for this course. I did come from a non-technical background so I am impressed with the course and myself to be able to have a good understanding of product management at the completion of the course.
The best part about the course is the instructors and what is amazing the energy, passion and keenness they share to teach this course. Carlos and Hamid are available at any time of the day to guide and answer questions. What I really like is how I met other students who are in the same boat as I am and being able to share experience and frustation even after the class.
Highly recommended for people for are looking for career change in the field of PM. Great stepping stone.
- Peter Wang • Student • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: San Francisco
This review is for the 14 week coding & product management course. I finished the 6 week coding course and it was INTENSE. Jason was my instructor and he has a very caring soul. I came from a non-technical background so I was very impressed with the course and myself to be able to have a very good understanding of coding at the completion of the course. Jason is able to take a complex concept and break it down into very manageable pieces.
I am currently in week 1 of the PM portion of the course and I have to say I LOVE Carlos' teaching style. It is very obvious within 10 minutes of the course that you can tell he has the passion for teaching this subject. Carlos is not only a very knowledgable instructor but he is also very caring as well. He definitely has your back throughout the whole program and you can sense that on day 1.
- Francisco de la Pena • Co-Founder Twister Labs. CTO Realsec, Inc • Graduate • Campus: San Francisco
I took the 8-week Product Management course at Product School and have very positive feedback for anyone looking to take the course. When I took the course I was Technical Director at Realsec, Inc and wasn’t really looking for a new job but I wanted to improve my Product Management skills. I was doing my job but I couldn’t help to feel that I wasn’t performing at 100%. The course greatly exceeded my expectations mostly because I wasn’t looking for a technical training or tons of literature on the subject of Product Management (I can google that myself.) I was more interested in all the other (soft) skills required to become a great PM, I also really liked how everyone in class had a technical background.
After the course, I co-Founded Twister Labs, the company behind GoProover.com, a platform that helps people improve their lives while overcoming fun challenges in a variety of fields, no matter what their goals are.
This is definitely not a traditional course where you are overwhelmed with piles of mostly pointless literature. It is instead a course where you learn best practices for any aspiring PM from actual PMs. It’s not the kind of course where the instructor tells you exactly what to do in every situation, but a course where you get guidelines, general rules and tricks that you only obtain through years of experience. It’s a very practical course, plenty of group activities.
About the course itself, here are some facts:
- The network that you have access to is really amazing. In my class (I took the Weekend course) there were engineers from Google, Cisco, Symantec, PwC and Microsoft among other companies. At least half of the class drove every weekend all the way from Silicon Valley to San Francisco just for the course and we all made it to the end. No dropouts.
- The instructors and guest speakers were all experienced professional in their own fields and work for some of the best companies in their area. For example:
- Carlos, taught most of the course. He has co-founded at least 3 companies related to education. One of them got into 500Startups and won the best startup prize at Startup Chile. He was also an instructor at General Assembly.
- AB Testing was taught by a Product Manager at Optimizely
- Online Marketing was taught by a Product Manager at ReTargeter
- Our resume was personally reviewed by a Senior Recruiter at Linkedin
- We did mockup interviews with recruiters from at least 3 companies looking for PMs at that time
- The Demo Day was hosted by Riviera Partners (recruiting firm in SoMa) and they invited several companies looking to hire PMs
- We were asked to provide a few names of companies that we’d like to work for and the Product School team helped with personal introductions to these companies
- We all got our resumes reviewed by Hired.com and were offered to publish them in their site
- We got access to a platform called PerkHub where you find hundreds of discounts and free versions of apps like JustInMind or Balsamiq (Prototyping)
- You get access to the weekly meetups where Product School brings experts in different fields to discuss hot-topics in the Product Management area. I absolutely recommend this meetups, not only for the guest speakers that are always relevant (Founder of Do.com, Nir Eyal author of Hooked, etc), but for the networking.
- We receive every week - even after the course is over- the PM ToolKit, an email with job offers, news, tools and other resources to keep us up to date in the trends in Product Management.
Summarizing, this is probably the best Product Management course you can take in the Bay Area and, at a very reasonable price for a 8-weeks course. It’s even cheap if you think of all the perks included in the tuition. Only the resume review and mock up interviews would cost hundreds of dollars. Not to mention the privileged treatment in some hiring processes at selected companies.
I would recommend this course to any engineer looking to transition from Engineering into a Product Management roll.
- Product school review- 6/7/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Product Management • Campus: San Francisco
I was a part of the Product School cohort in 2017 for its eight weeks Product Management course.
Prior to joining the course, I had served as an associate PM for a year at a startup in the Bay Area but I wanted to learn more about product management to gain an overall understanding of the field.
The first best part of the program was the instructor who was also an active PM at a company in Silicon Valley. So I got to learn what a day to day life as PM entails and what are some pitfalls to avoid and how to approach various situations. The second best part was the diversity of the batch itself. My batch had about 10 students from varied backgrounds such as engineers, designers, and marketers.
Overall it was a great experience that helped me understand what I need to learn in the future to pivot my career in product management.
- Great Experience- 8/1/2018Anonymous • Chief Product Officer • Student • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: Los Angeles
- From sketch to product- 7/25/2018Anonymous • Freelancing • Graduate
Throughout my experience, I have gone through product lifecycle in different types of a product without knowing that I'm going through such a thing. Having Product School clearing it up with case study experience from instructors and guest speakers. The work that product school is giving to student help clears up my confusion with product related work and the engaging curricular is fun with classmates of a different work background.
I hope Product School is able to achieve their goal further to bring as many product managers into the tech world where is demanding to bring the whole product together. The job work is still new and soon it will be a full career path.
Now I know where I can improve my craft to work as a full fletch Product Manager. Thank you Product School.
- My experience with Product School- 7/6/2018Anonymous • Management Consultant • Graduate
I took the Product Management course (weekend schedule) in Seattle. They have their own textbook which sets the framework of the class content, but it is still highly dependent on the instructor. I enjoyed my class a lot for the below top 2 reasons:
1) My instructor Mikko Ollila is a veteran Product Manager with experience in multiple different companies (across industries and org sizes). He was able to demonstrate the topics by giving us plenty of real work examples that come from his professional experience. When we asked questions, he gave us different perspectives rather than "the correct answer". I benefited a lot from learning from him.
2) My cohort was great. We all come from different organizations and have different backgrounds. We asked questions and shared our own experience during the class, which was truly beneficial to each other. Also, it was a great chance to know more people and make new friends.
- Highly Recommend- 2/22/2018Anonymous • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: Los Angeles
I absolutely loved my experience with Product School in Santa Monica. Our instructor Ryan Mick was amazing. He has a passion for being a PM and his passion was shown through his teaching. He consistently brought in his own experiences and related it to the concepts we learned in class, which I think is very beneficial when teaching a course in product management. Before I took this class I knew that I wanted to have a career in product management, but I still wasn't sure what product management really meant. So, I decided to take the course. In the end, Product School and Ryan's teaching solidified my career plans to be a PM. Is the price worth it? Yes, it was for me. If you are looking into a career as a PM I would highly recommend this course. I took the course for two days a week in the evenings and it was the perfect amount. There are assignments that need to be completed, however, each assignment builds upon itself for the final project. Ryan was always willing to help us with our assignments or anything related to PM. He was always available to us whenever we needed him. In the end, I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking into product management.
- Product School Review- 8/9/2017Anonymous • Student • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: New York City
Attending the Product School has been one of the best decisions I've ever made!
I've always wanted to transition into tech and the PS helped me understand that I would be a great fit in Product - not only that but it helped me develop a technical skillset for the PM role as well.
My experience has definitely been amplified and enhanced thanks to my instructor - Joel Palathinkal. Joel's an amazing teacher and an all-round great person to learn from and he's a fantastic mentor to have from the PM world.
For anyone who are unsure of what to transition to or want to develop a fundamental understanding of Product Management whilst learning core skills and tools for the role - Product School is A MUST!
- Product School- 7/24/2017Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: New York City
he Product School offers great quality of education. Deciding to join Product School was the best decision in my life, no doubt about it. Thanks to Dr Joel my instructor who has supported me!
Dr Joel is one of my favorite instructors. He is very knowledgeable and very formal. He gives great examples and explanations. He is funny, smart, clear in what he expects, classes are fun and you actually learn skills. He cares about the students, he goes out of his way to connect with the students one-on-one, answers questions by giving real world examples, always available for students on slack/email, and he wants us to get jobs and helps us make contacts in the profession...which is the whole point.
Great person overall. Take his class, you'll learn a lot. I've seen a huge difference in the type of offers and number of offers I am getting. Everything from number of interviews to salary went up significantly. I highly recommend students to take Dr Joel's class especially!
- PS Student- 4/30/2017Anonymous • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: New York City
I was taught by Joel P and he helped me learn the essentials needed to transition to PM. He also gave me large amounts of individual coaching outside of class to help get my PM applications shaped up to land interviews. As opposed to other specialty schools teaching Product Management, Product School focuses solely on Product Management which differentiate them from what's offered at General Assembly or other competitors. I'd recommend PS to anyone with some software project management of software engineering skills that is hoping to skill up and focus on product management.
- Great Instructor and Focus on Getting the Job- 4/29/2017Anonymous • Front End Software Engineer • Student • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: New York City
Where Product School shines in comparison to its competitors is its focus on getting you that PM job you're after. My instructor regularly interviews with the companies I am hoping to apply to and brings back important feedback and a career oriented perspective to the course that I really appreciated.
The conceptual and material portions of the class are thorough and the instructor was responsive to class feedback as to what in particular to focus on. In class exercises and simulations also provided a huge amount of value.
I haven't yet had a chance to take advantage of the alumni network, but it seems exceptionally strong and useful.
- Great class- 2/14/2017Anonymous • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: New York City
Overall PS was a great class. The course materials were good, but there are just some things you can't learn in an eight week bootcamp. What makes the class great are your classmates who ask intriguing quesitons that you wouldn't have been able to come up with yourself and your instructor who is passionate about product and can navigate you through a sea of information.
I took my class with Joel in NYC and highly reccomend him.
- Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Product Management / Data Analytics / Coding / Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies / Digital Marketing • Campus: New York City
Having worked in Fintech since 2008, I thought I had a pretty good grasp of product management. Still, I felt that there were gaps that I needed to fill and Product School had a great reputation, so I decided to apply. My class was taught by a reputable instructor that provided invaluable insight to every aspect of the product development lifecycle. As you step through each phase of the process, you apply the knowledge to a project that you will present at the end of the program. My class had an even mix of backgrounds (engineers, project managers, product managers and analysts from adtech, fintech, fashion, edtech, misc startups) which contributed to passionate discussions from different points of view. All in all, my experience was amazing and well worth the investment. I highly recommend this program to any one in, or aspiring to be in, technology.