product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Founded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Product School is committed to pushing the product management industry forward. Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (214) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

Read all (5) articles about Product School →
  • Product Executive Certificate™

Product Management, Agile
    OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    LocationOrange County, Toronto, Denver, Boulder, Austin, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, London, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, New York City, San Francisco, Online
    Join the C-Suite: Our most advanced certificate is restricted to proven product leaders who want to get out of the building and learn from each other in a safe environment.
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

LocationOnline, San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Toronto, Orange County
    Move up the product management career ladder: Operate as a senior-level Product Manager by digging deeper into every aspect of the product development cycle, and designing your product strategy.
  • Product Manager Certificate™

Get your first product management job: Learn how to build digital products from end to end, lead cross-functional teams, bulletproof your resume and practice mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Daniel Brand • Account Manager • Student

Dr. Joel Palathinkal’s class was extremely valuable towards advancing my knowledge and understanding of product management in the software and technology space.

Dr. Joel regularly shares his years of real world experiences in product management, and makes the lifecycle of product management extremely relatable. Regardless of your background, I am currently in account management, this course provides the basic building blocks+Dr. Joel’s years of experience, and creates a valuable learning experience for anyone looking to get in product management or just looking for something new to learn.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested. Especially Dr. Joel’s class. Looking forward to taking my new skill sets and applying them towards my current role.

• Harish • Graduate
    I took Product School's Product Management intensive in Santa Monica and could not have been more impressed with the caliber of curriculum, instruction, and resources. At the conclusion of the 8-week program, I walked away with a mastery of the core principles, frameworks, and tools needed to be an effective PM. The exercises, group work, and projects were invaluable.

Much of the credit goes to our instructor, Rich Headley, a talented and passionate instructor with deep insights into both the technical and intangible elements of being a good PM. Apart from being a dynamic, engaging classroom leader, Rich excels at the delivery of keen, perceptive feedback that enables true growth and learning.

I highly recommend Product School to aspiring PMs, or anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of product management.
  • Maria G • Product Manager • Graduate

Loved every minute of Product School Austin. My teacher is a Sr. Product Manager at Charles Schwab and a master at teaching us real & practical lessons to apply at work the very next day.

Towards the end of the course, you have to present on a final project. I did my project based on the product I currently manage. Since it was a real project for my own product, I had to present it to the CEO a few days before the final representation day. My teacher stayed with me until 11 pm to ensure that my slides and I were ready to present. Great teacher & class. Highly recommended.

• Balaji • PM • Student

PS is a great place to begin learning about PM.
    Sudha was my instructor and Sudha provides diverse and relevant examples to trigger thinking about concepts on PM. She went above and beyond to help me on preparing for the final presentation. I also received help for pursuing careers outside of my past experience.
    Sudha's has this great ability to think through product discovery part of PM, in turn making us think about applying most relevant product ideas to problem at hand. This is a great ability to have for PM.

Favorite experience is the complete and comprehensive attention payed to preparation of individual company project presentations and an opportunity to learn from others on PM experiences.

I believe PS brand must be continuously improved to get into top league. Personally there is a lot of potential for PS to leverage and improve and be the go to place for product management education.

• SIVAKUMAR SAMBANDAM

Great PM course if you are interested to build products that can improve customer experience. (Sudha Vetri) The instructor was highly educated and experienced, took her time to get to know the class students.
    She constantly empathized the skills  that are highly required for a successful product manager role.
    I would highly encourage the professionals who are interested to pursue PM as a career to take up this course.

Thank you Sudha for sharing your PM experience and Industry expectations from product managers. Course content is truly tailored to bring the students  up to speed on  skills required for playing a successful product manager

• Ryan • Graduate

Took the Product Software Management T / TR course w/ Ryan Black. It was recommended I take this course from a few colleagues as my day to day job started to show early signs of the product development lifecycle, and that it would be beneficial for me to learn the framework. The class does just that and follows the process from ideation to launch, and takes a deep dive into the various stakeholders involved, and terminology needed to get your job done. After the class, and reflecting on the 8 weeks, it really forces you to become self aware and recognize where your strengths and weaknesses lie, which is exactly what I was looking for. Curriculum and in class activities were both solid, but the credibility behind those lies with our instructor's execution. The execution is what allowed the class to immerse themselves in real world situations, rather than just deal in hypotheticals. If you're looking to learn if the role is right for you, highly recommend the course. If you're looking to learn if the role is right, and determine what your next course of action is to get there, sign up to Ryan's class.

• Great course
    - 3/26/2018
    Marianna Mkrtchyan • product manager • Graduate

As someone who already has a full-time job in product management it was difficult to make a decision whether or not I should attend the course. I thought it would be really hard to combine it with my work, and I was definitely questioning the fact if I will learn something new.

But these doubts were successfully gone after the first class.

First of all the instructor- our cohort was I want to use the word blessed to have an instructor like Lenworth. Who was nothing but great. He has never left any of our questions unanswered, was always very respectful of everyone’s opinions and taught us not just everything that was included in the syllabus but shared also his own professional , practical experience.

I would definitely recommend the course to both beginners and also professionals who are lucky to have a job in product management.

As a beginner you cannot think of a better start- you will learn a lot about product management, product cycle and everything you might need during your work. As a professional you will definitely learn how to look at already familiar processes from another angle, expand your network, in the worst case (if you feel like you knew everything already) get a validation that all you have been doing at your job was right.

• Rene • Sr Product Manager • Graduate

The Data Analytics for Product Managers is a great immersive program, regardless if you are a seasoned PM or if you are looking to learn more about the Product role.  I tool this class in San Francisco.  The course gave me a window into the larger world of data science, covered current topics but also provided me with new skills to develop my own queries.

The curriculum and exercises were challenging, but easy to follow and will provide a great reference for future ideas.  We had a great mix of videos, online tools, exercises, discussions which all led up to our final project.  Highly recommend this course if you are managing or developing new KPIs for your product.

• James • Graduate

I just finished the 8-week product management course and I have nothing but good things to say. My instructor - Saurabh - was absolutely top-notch. It was really impactful that he is a current PM at a respected tech company. He was able to provide us with insight and perspective that we wouldn't have had access to otherwise. The course material is good, but not exactly ground-breaking. For someone who reads a lot about startups and PM trends, the course served as a good refresher of concepts I had learned outside of the class. Lastly, I really enjoyed networking with my classmates. It was a really diverse group of people, each from different industries and varying levels of work experience. I think these connections will come in handy just as much as the course content. I would highly recommend anyone looking to make the switch to a career in product management to take this course!

• Ashwin Mittal • Student

I just finished the 8 week​ Software Product Management course at the Product School in New York City. The course is highly recommended for those who are looking to advance/start their as PM.

I only have good things to say about my instructor Ravi Patel. He brings in with him a a great experience and definitely good knowledge about the subject. He made the class really fun by sharing is daily life experiences and making us work through practical use cases.

The course curriculum and study material was extensive. After completing the course you will have a very good understating of the duties of the PM role and how to steer your way to this career path.

• Product School SF
    - 2/23/2018
    Snehal • Graduate

I had a great experience with the course at Product School. Our instructor Saurabh Verma - Product Manager Spotify is hands-on consumer facing products and provided the thorough understanding of the concepts.

• Sarah Freiser • Product Manager

Product School is a great place to build a solid foundation for a career in product management. As someone new to the discipline, I was interested in expanding my knowledge outside of work. I discovered them through their extremely intriguing weekly Meetups  and I am so glad that I did.

I conducted a lot of research across several institutions with similar courses, and what sold me about Product School was the single-minded focus on product management principles as well as its impressive, enthusiastic community. The course itself is intelligently planned out; the great balance of methodology and case studies really enable you to internalize the process. The readings and course work all lead up to the final project in an elegant, worth while way - one could definitely use this project as a portfolio piece.

My instructor is Dr. Joel Palathinkal. Although I chose my course session based on which would work best for my schedule (Saturdays), I am so thankful that I ended up in Joel's session! Simply put, he knows how to teach this stuff so that you get it and love it. He brings great enthusiasm, fantastic case studies, and helpful supplemental elements to the table in addition to the Product School curriculum.

Having taken this course, I feel confident in product methodologies as well as my own instincts. If possible, I'm more excited about product management than I was when I began my course. I look forward to continuing to go to their weekly Meetups and the NY conference this summer.