product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Product School was founded in 2014 and offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of practical, hands-on projects; group activities; and real-world case studies with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by senior-level product managers who work at technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Committed to building a product management community, Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (194) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

• Product Executive Certificate™

OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

• Product Management Certificate™

Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Ryan • Graduate

Took the Product Software Management T / TR course w/ Ryan Black. It was recommended I take this course from a few colleagues as my day to day job started to show early signs of the product development lifecycle, and that it would be beneficial for me to learn the framework. The class does just that and follows the process from ideation to launch, and takes a deep dive into the various stakeholders involved, and terminology needed to get your job done. After the class, and reflecting on the 8 weeks, it really forces you to become self aware and recognize where your strengths and weaknesses lie, which is exactly what I was looking for. Curriculum and in class activities were both solid, but the credibility behind those lies with our instructor's execution. The execution is what allowed the class to immerse themselves in real world situations, rather than just deal in hypotheticals. If you're looking to learn if the role is right for you, highly recommend the course. If you're looking to learn if the role is right, and determine what your next course of action is to get there, sign up to Ryan's class.

• Great course
    - 3/26/2018
    Marianna Mkrtchyan • product manager • Graduate

As someone who already has a full-time job in product management it was difficult to make a decision whether or not I should attend the course. I thought it would be really hard to combine it with my work, and I was definitely questioning the fact if I will learn something new.

But these doubts were successfully gone after the first class.

First of all the instructor- our cohort was I want to use the word blessed to have an instructor like Lenworth. Who was nothing but great. He has never left any of our questions unanswered, was always very respectful of everyone’s opinions and taught us not just everything that was included in the syllabus but shared also his own professional , practical experience.

I would definitely recommend the course to both beginners and also professionals who are lucky to have a job in product management.

As a beginner you cannot think of a better start- you will learn a lot about product management, product cycle and everything you might need during your work. As a professional you will definitely learn how to look at already familiar processes from another angle, expand your network, in the worst case (if you feel like you knew everything already) get a validation that all you have been doing at your job was right.

• Rene • Sr Product Manager • Graduate

The Data Analytics for Product Managers is a great immersive program, regardless if you are a seasoned PM or if you are looking to learn more about the Product role.  I tool this class in San Francisco.  The course gave me a window into the larger world of data science, covered current topics but also provided me with new skills to develop my own queries.

The curriculum and exercises were challenging, but easy to follow and will provide a great reference for future ideas.  We had a great mix of videos, online tools, exercises, discussions which all led up to our final project.  Highly recommend this course if you are managing or developing new KPIs for your product.

• James • Graduate

I just finished the 8-week product management course and I have nothing but good things to say. My instructor - Saurabh - was absolutely top-notch. It was really impactful that he is a current PM at a respected tech company. He was able to provide us with insight and perspective that we wouldn't have had access to otherwise. The course material is good, but not exactly ground-breaking. For someone who reads a lot about startups and PM trends, the course served as a good refresher of concepts I had learned outside of the class. Lastly, I really enjoyed networking with my classmates. It was a really diverse group of people, each from different industries and varying levels of work experience. I think these connections will come in handy just as much as the course content. I would highly recommend anyone looking to make the switch to a career in product management to take this course!

• Ashwin Mittal • Student

I just finished the 8 week​ Software Product Management course at the Product School in New York City. The course is highly recommended for those who are looking to advance/start their as PM.

I only have good things to say about my instructor Ravi Patel. He brings in with him a a great experience and definitely good knowledge about the subject. He made the class really fun by sharing is daily life experiences and making us work through practical use cases.

The course curriculum and study material was extensive. After completing the course you will have a very good understating of the duties of the PM role and how to steer your way to this career path.

• Product School SF
    - 2/23/2018
    Snehal • Graduate

I had a great experience with the course at Product School. Our instructor Saurabh Verma - Product Manager Spotify is hands-on consumer facing products and provided the thorough understanding of the concepts.

• Sarah Freiser • Product Manager

Product School is a great place to build a solid foundation for a career in product management. As someone new to the discipline, I was interested in expanding my knowledge outside of work. I discovered them through their extremely intriguing weekly Meetups  and I am so glad that I did.

I conducted a lot of research across several institutions with similar courses, and what sold me about Product School was the single-minded focus on product management principles as well as its impressive, enthusiastic community. The course itself is intelligently planned out; the great balance of methodology and case studies really enable you to internalize the process. The readings and course work all lead up to the final project in an elegant, worth while way - one could definitely use this project as a portfolio piece.

My instructor is Dr. Joel Palathinkal. Although I chose my course session based on which would work best for my schedule (Saturdays), I am so thankful that I ended up in Joel's session! Simply put, he knows how to teach this stuff so that you get it and love it. He brings great enthusiasm, fantastic case studies, and helpful supplemental elements to the table in addition to the Product School curriculum.

Having taken this course, I feel confident in product methodologies as well as my own instincts. If possible, I'm more excited about product management than I was when I began my course. I look forward to continuing to go to their weekly Meetups and the NY conference this summer.

• Marie Villanueva • Graduate

After attending several Product School events and meetups in NYC, I said to myself that if the school can bring in good speakers, then it would have good instructors too. I'm thankful these days that I enrolled at the Product Management class with Dr. Joel Palathinkal as the instructor. Thanks to the lectures, case studies, videos, funny and philosophical commentaries, the Saturday classes did not have a dull moment. The class not only gave me a good perspective to be a better product manager, but also inspired me to start thinking of applying it on my personal interests as well.

• Elisa • Product Manager • Graduate

I am glad that I chose to take the Product Management class with Ryan at Product School.

First of all, it was very helpful how he planned the class to be more doing than seeing slides. I like when classes are well planned and when instructors had great timing. Each class, Ryan had with us a brief session of feedback, with that, he was able to adapt to our needs as students and class in general. So, the class was everything we expected and needed.

Ryan shared everything he knew about everything, I find it very valuable that a person shares his knowledge. He shared all his tools which are incredibly helpful. When someone had a problem, he would shared his experience when solving that specific problem or otherwise his approach solving it. I enjoyed hearing his experiences. Every class, he shared events, books or new products to learn from. Also, he shared people from his networking with me, and he offered to do that with every student.

With all of that, he was also very helpful during the class but even out of the class, during the week of even when the course was over. And, he gave us awesome feedback.

I learned a lot from Ryan and I’m glad he’s willing to keep in contact for every matter.

• Will Baker • Product Manager • Graduate

I am probably a less typical student in that I had over three years experience as a product manager when I signed up for the course. Despite my background I found the class to be very valuable in that it exposes you to the best practices used at companies like Amazon, Google, and Spotify. Also our professor Nima Shafiee who has worked at Microsoft and was at the time the head of product management at Zoc Doc also wove in real world situations to the class which was so valuable. In addition Product School helps you prepare for the PM interview which is really critical in getting a job as a PM.

I also found the in class project a great learning experience and is especially valuable for someone who doesn’t have PM experience and is looking to create a portfolio piece. At the beginning of class you pick a company and a feature or product you want to design. You use this product feature and take it from conception to release. At the end of the class you do a presentation using all the skills and knowledge you have gained in the course. Not only is this a great practice but seeing other’s presentations is an awesome learning experience itself.

The product school classes are small - just over 10 students. You form a bound and network with both the professor and the students in the class.

The school also provides their text book, free access to Udemy classes, and Slack where you can network with other students and professors. They also have an awesome YouTube channel where almost every day the have a lecture from product managers from top companies.

What I think really makes the Product School stand out are their teachers. My teacher, Nima Shafiee, was at the time the director of Zoc Doc and had so much real world experience he brought to the class. Also because the class size is small we really got a one on one time with Nima. He was also able to give us lots of feedback on our assignments which I really appreciated.

If you are trying to enter into product management this class is a must. If you have some PM experience I would not shy away from this class - it will only make you a stronger and better PM.

• Great experience!
    - 12/20/2017
    Sofia Levin

I had a great experience with the SPM course at Product School. It was a great overview of what it's like to be a PM and the hands-on exercises really helped in cementing all the frameworks and knowledge learned throughout the weeks. I also loved watching all the final presentations and seeing how much everyone learned. Helen Sims was a great instructor, always very helpful and available for questions.

• Joelle Preval • Student

I completed the Software Product Management Course with Product School and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking to transition to a PM role. Coming from a customer service background with little to no technical experience, Product School was the perfect place to learn the foundations of product management. I chose this school over others such as GA because of the focus and the amount of support that you receive such as the Slack channel and the weekly talks that they organize where you can network with existing PMs. The 8 weeks course had a small class size that included a lot of interactive group work. The instructors are PMs that have worked in the industry and provides as much theory and practical knowledge. My instructor was Nima Shafiee and he was the perfect instructor for me as he was able to provide valuable information to both the student with technical background and those that did not. Having worked in companies such as Microsoft and Zocdoc, he was able to give insights into industry practices. Along with the course materials and learning tools like Trello and Balsamiq, Nima directed us to other resources where we could expand our knowledge of the matter. He was very quick with feedback and was approachable both in class and through the Slack Channel and email. I left the course confident in the knowledge, tools, and resources that I received to become a PM.