product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Founded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Product School is committed to pushing the product management industry forward. Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (214) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

Read all (5) articles about Product School →
  • Product Executive Certificate™

Product Management, Agile
    OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    LocationOrange County, Toronto, Denver, Boulder, Austin, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, London, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, New York City, San Francisco, Online
    Join the C-Suite: Our most advanced certificate is restricted to proven product leaders who want to get out of the building and learn from each other in a safe environment.
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

LocationOnline, San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Toronto, Orange County
    Move up the product management career ladder: Operate as a senior-level Product Manager by digging deeper into every aspect of the product development cycle, and designing your product strategy.
  • Product Manager Certificate™

Get your first product management job: Learn how to build digital products from end to end, lead cross-functional teams, bulletproof your resume and practice mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Atashi Jain

Product school (www.productschool.com) has a curriculum. The course touched upon many topics right from user persona, interviews, design, A/B testing, metrics, marketing, and the entire product development life cycle. You have to choose a product that you like and work on providing an opportunity hypothesis and launch that idea to market. All of this is done in 8 weeks with the help of the instructor and the lesson notes. Everyone chooses different products (mostly). Some are B2B, some are B2C, some are SaaS and some were PaaS products. At the end of the seventh week, we all presented our product-> idea-> Go-to-market strategy.

I liked every bit of the class and the assignments. But the question mostly asked that did it help you find jobs? I would say it helps you build your network and learn a few product management fundamentals. I am in the process of looking out for jobs now.

I will list out the pros and cons of the course now.

Pros:

• A good outline of the 8-week course.
    • Great instructors.
    • Extremely active slack community.
    • Free networking events and webinars by reputed and established Product Managers.
    • Cheaper compared to General Assembly.
    • ProductCon is a great conference to meet and network.

Cons:

• Less focus on product management interview preparation. I wish they had a couple more weeks to cover more on this.

Overall a great learning experience. I recommend to someone pivoting from another industry into product management and looking to network.

More on :https://medium.com/@atashijain/why-i-went-to-product-school-8a808f83a2b1

• Product school
    - 4/8/2019
    Nicolas Merigo

Thanks to Product School I established a solid foundation of PM knowledge that served me to get my first job as a PM @flybondi. The course content is invaluable and I still refer to it at work. :) Highly recommend it.

• ARUN PRASAD JAGANATHAN • Graduate

Taking Product School's PM course has been one of my best career decisions so far! Switching careers, when you are already well established in your current role,  can be quite a daunting task. So it was imperative for me to learn from the best and get the right level of support to break into product after completion of the course. I am so happy that I chose this as it delivered and exceeded my expectations from the course!

A few aspects that make this stand-out course are the thoughtful curriculum that hones student's hard and soft skills, the access to an ever-expanding and helpful alumni group and, most importantly, the mentorship from your instructor during and after your course.

It was a privilege to be taught by Chris Maliwat - a PM veteran with solid experience in eBay, Netflix, Warby Parker and start-ups . Chris's passion for his craft, teaching and mentorship elevated the entire experience for our group. He truly cares for his student's career growth and it showed in his engagement with our group right from the very beginning. He is a phenomenal teacher and a great mentor, and I look forward to his guidance as I take next steps into becoming a PM.

I highly recommend Product School's PM course for anyone seeking to transition into product or improving PM skills to become better in their role. It was totally worth the time and investment! Thank you Product School, you guys are doing an amazing job!

• Product School
    - 1/23/2019
    Yesenia

I enrolled in Product school shortly after taking on a PM role at my current job and found it very helpful. The Product School curriculum packages the product life cycle into a simplified form that is easy enough to memorize but robust enough to apply when confronted with a mental roadblock. The lectures cover all aspects of their framework and augment the curriculum with additional tips that really empower you to tackle the demands of a career in product. I decided to attend the course in person on Saturday mornings and while that may sound like a drag I actually found myself looking forward to it knowing how much I was learning by applying what we learned to case studies. The lectures and case studies were very engaging! The instructor for my cohort was Dr. Joel Palathinkal who was very energetic for Saturday mornings! He always came in ready to tackle the days lecture and share product idea/experiences and challenged us to think on our feet. I truly appreciated his approach to teaching the course as it was very dynamic in that he covered everything on the syllabus but reacted to our input and tailored the lectures to focus on what students wanted to expand on. Joel went above and beyond by reaching out to his network of alumni to bring in guest speakers for every lecture. I can be a bit shy but he's really cool and approachable making it easy to feel comfortable participating. One of my favorite things about Product School is the Slack channels that offer a network where you can get help on a range of things from the need of advice from a SME to interview prep and even job leads! Whether you are new to product or early in your career I highly recommend the Product Management Course by Product School!

• Karan Gupta • Student

Course: 8 week long Software Product Management on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from March to May 2018.

Location: Santa Monica, CA
    Instructor: Rich Headley, currently a PM at Cornerstone OnDemand.
    Rich is very knowledgable, engaging, and covered all the relevant course topics on the syllabus. He also took time to address additional questions and concepts during class. I especially liked the way he applied PM concepts to real-world anecdotes and connected them to what we were learning. I was referred by mymbacircle to Rich.

Product School learnings: To get the most out of PS, you’ll need to put in more effort beyond doing the assignments. Participate in class, get to know your classmates, take advantage of the multitude of meet-up opportunities, and dive into the Slack community. By the end of this course you will learn what you need to know to develop a new feature or product from idea to prototype and present it, using any number of the PM tools discussed along the way.

They are always looking for feedback to make this program better and encourage interaction, which I appreciate. As far my evaluation of the school itself, there’s always room for improvement in a relatively new tech business learning program geared toward professionals. However I firmly believe that with instructors like Rich there it will continue to get better and better with each class.

I look forward to using what I’ve learned from this course in my career.

• Max • Graduate

I was looking for a school to learn more about product management. Went to many PS events and decided to give it a try to help me transition into product. I was pleasantly surprised by instructors who were industry practitioners and learnd LOTS in a short period of time. This does help with product job search as I navigate the landscape much better. Recommend to others.

• Mona Aggarwal • Lead Business Analyst
    I joined the Product School 8 weeks course with the following expectations
    1) understand end to end responsibilities of a Product Manager from an expert
    2) A support forum to tap into, for queries
    3) Interact with other hopefuls, and learn from them
    Shweta Goyal, the instructor, fulfilled all these expectations. She was smart, funny, forthright with her inputs and gave lots of examples from her vast experience, to help me soak in the concepts. She was also very structured in her time management.
    The course structure was well defined, with case studies, group exercises, presentations and reference materials. Interview prep and final presentation was invaluable. The pace was fast enough, and 3-4 hours per week is what I needed to dedicate, in order to keep up with class.
    We had a few people drop-out, and Shweta adapted accordingly and gave the remaining team members more of her time. She also brought in Guests, for unbiased feedback, which was really appreciated.
    For 7 weeks, the facility was not that great, however in the last class we moved to a much better location. I am glad the feedback was received and acted upon.
    The online learning management site, is straightforward, and so is the forum interface, with mobile app version for the latter that I found very useful.
  • Faranak Medrano • Product Manager • Graduate

I recently enrolled in Product School's product management 8-week training course in New York and have been really happy with both the quality of the content taught and my instructor, Joel Palathinkal. I got lucky that I had an instructor who not only had a wealth of experience and knowledge but also was always accessible and eager to help.

The course was a great combination of information/lecture and hands-on practice/role play and projects. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this course to anyone considering moving into the product management role.

• Parul Joshi • Product Manager

I am glad I took this product management course. It has taught me the fundamentals, frameworks and design thinking in depth. The course was structured in a way that gave me the opportunity to have a hands-on experience by collaborating and brainstorming with my classmates.

Shout out to Gaurav, our instructor who taught this course splendidly. Along with sharing his personal experiences, he was always ready to dive deeper into our questions. His concise advice on product modeling helped me instill a sharper perspective in me. I vividly remember the first day, where he took us as distinct products and gradually devised the course around us. I highly recommend attending his class.

Thanks to Product School, I got to meet brilliant minds hailing from different sectors. I have a powerful network that I am moving forward with.

Last but not the least, you need to be a hustler! Be it assignments, classes, hands-on projects, I suggest you do it all and make the most of it.

Recommending this course to people who are willing to learn about product management or work as a PM.

• Brian O'Connell • Graduate

I took the Product School product management course in the spring of 2018 in NYC. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone new to a PM role, or trying to make the transition into a PM role.

I’m a failed startup founder now moving into a PM job. The product management experience I had building and launching my own product gave me insight into product strategy, but I was working mostly through intuition and on the fly. This class was a great place to get a more formal education on product management. It provided frameworks and a methodical approach to product. It can be very hard to break into product management and this class is a great resource on top of everything else one can do to prepare and build confidence for a PM job.

I chose my Product School course specifically for the instructor, Brian Crofts, and I was not disappointed. What a great teacher. He had experience launching new products for a hugely successful company famous for it’s product culture, was the head of product at a startup in NYC, and is now the CPO of his own startup. Besides his experience, his passion and personality added a lot to the class.

The class is a mix of lecture and workshop. I wish it was more focused on the workshop exercises. The book for the course is useful and well-written so more class time could have been spent on building skills through practice. Communication is a huge part of product management, especially because as a PM you don’t have much control, but you have a lot of influence. Performing at a high level around others and demonstrating leadership has been an extremely important part of my interviewing and finding a PM job. There is an opportunity to focus on these things in class during exercises, but there could have been more.

Overall, this class if a great resource to get educated in an area that many people don’t have a lot of visibility into. Product jobs are competitive and rigorous, and product school can you help you get a leg up.

• Maryam Shittu • Senior Product Owner

I highly recommend the 8-week Product Management program for anyone looking to pursue a career in Product Management.

It was a comprehensive course that enhanced my product thinking despite being in the digital product development and management space. I attended this program for 2 reasons:

1. Intellectually Curiosity: I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always looking for ways to develop more innovative customer-centric products and solutions.
    2. Networking: I recently started a non-profit organization for women in product management with the aim of creating a community of digital leaders in Toronto. Attending this program allowed me to learn from industry veterans, who shared best practices and nuggets of wisdom selflessly and willingly.

Best of all, the supportive network of successful PM professional that graduated from Product School means that I have an alumni that I could constantly brainstorm ideas, seek information and advice from.

If you are an aspiring PM or just looking for opportunities to fine-tune your PM skill set, I would highly recommend you to take this course. It will be worth every single penny invested because you will learn from THE BEST in the industry.

• Peter Xia • Student

Background
    I attended Product School's Toronto cohort from March to May 2018. I am a Chartered Professional Accountant and am seeking a transition into product management. Throughout my online research, and speaking with alumni, I found this course to be the best for my situation because of the following reasons.

The Program
    Product School offers an 8 week, intensive, workshop based program from 9 to 3pm every Saturday. It teaches the latest concepts of product management and their application in the real world. Each class had a specific focus, and a corresponding case study which reinforced those concepts. Throughout the 8 weeks, I was very engaged and my passion for product management grew tremendously. I found the topics and activities to be very appropriate for someone with my non-tech background. Ultimately, I think a lot of the success of this program had to do with the gentleman who led the class, and the diversity of the classmates.

The Instructor
    I was very fortunate to be taught by Michael Kitchen, a Product Management professional with 15+ years of experience in telecommunication, digital and technology products. There was no question about Mike's technical knowledge in product management. However, it was the way he taught and the way he shared his passion with the class that really made Product School a life-changing experience for me.

Throughout the course, Mike's teaching continued to evolve. At first, I thought he was pretty good, in terms of sharing his knowledge and helping the class understand the application of PM concepts. In the third week, Mike upped his game and completely changed the way the class was taught. There were many more group activities, class participation, impromptu speeches, and many more that put student the student into real-life scenarios. This was phenomenal because he incorporated visual, auditory and experiential learning into the curriculum, which gave me the foundation and confidence to apply these product management concepts in my career.

The Classmates
    I had the best classmates. Some were already Product Managers and somewhere looking to get in the field. All of us shared the same passions, for innovation, creativity, technology and the pursuit of greatness. I am so happy to say that I have built life-long friendships due to the time I spent in this program.

The Verdict
    Product School was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As an accountant, this program expanded my horizons beyond what I thought I was capable. It taught me the skills I needed to secure a transition. It provided great mentorship through Mike's teachings and wisdom. It helped me build and expand my product management network. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to learn more about product management or interested in making a career switch. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the Product School program.