product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Product School was founded in 2014 and offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of practical, hands-on projects; group activities; and real-world case studies with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by senior-level product managers who work at technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Committed to building a product management community, Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (194) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

• Product Executive Certificate™

OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

• Product Management Certificate™

Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Max • Graduate

I was looking for a school to learn more about product management. Went to many PS events and decided to give it a try to help me transition into product. I was pleasantly surprised by instructors who were industry practitioners and learnd LOTS in a short period of time. This does help with product job search as I navigate the landscape much better. Recommend to others.

• Mona Aggarwal • Lead Business Analyst
    I joined the Product School 8 weeks course with the following expectations
    1) understand end to end responsibilities of a Product Manager from an expert
    2) A support forum to tap into, for queries
    3) Interact with other hopefuls, and learn from them
    Shweta Goyal, the instructor, fulfilled all these expectations. She was smart, funny, forthright with her inputs and gave lots of examples from her vast experience, to help me soak in the concepts. She was also very structured in her time management.
    The course structure was well defined, with case studies, group exercises, presentations and reference materials. Interview prep and final presentation was invaluable. The pace was fast enough, and 3-4 hours per week is what I needed to dedicate, in order to keep up with class.
    We had a few people drop-out, and Shweta adapted accordingly and gave the remaining team members more of her time. She also brought in Guests, for unbiased feedback, which was really appreciated.
    For 7 weeks, the facility was not that great, however in the last class we moved to a much better location. I am glad the feedback was received and acted upon.
    The online learning management site, is straightforward, and so is the forum interface, with mobile app version for the latter that I found very useful.
  • Faranak Medrano • Product Manager • Graduate

I recently enrolled in Product School's product management 8-week training course in New York and have been really happy with both the quality of the content taught and my instructor, Joel Palathinkal. I got lucky that I had an instructor who not only had a wealth of experience and knowledge but also was always accessible and eager to help.

The course was a great combination of information/lecture and hands-on practice/role play and projects. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this course to anyone considering moving into the product management role.

• Parul Joshi • Product Manager

I am glad I took this product management course. It has taught me the fundamentals, frameworks and design thinking in depth. The course was structured in a way that gave me the opportunity to have a hands-on experience by collaborating and brainstorming with my classmates.

Shout out to Gaurav, our instructor who taught this course splendidly. Along with sharing his personal experiences, he was always ready to dive deeper into our questions. His concise advice on product modeling helped me instill a sharper perspective in me. I vividly remember the first day, where he took us as distinct products and gradually devised the course around us. I highly recommend attending his class.

Thanks to Product School, I got to meet brilliant minds hailing from different sectors. I have a powerful network that I am moving forward with.

Last but not the least, you need to be a hustler! Be it assignments, classes, hands-on projects, I suggest you do it all and make the most of it.

Recommending this course to people who are willing to learn about product management or work as a PM.

• Brian O'Connell • Graduate

I took the Product School product management course in the spring of 2018 in NYC. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone new to a PM role, or trying to make the transition into a PM role.

I’m a failed startup founder now moving into a PM job. The product management experience I had building and launching my own product gave me insight into product strategy, but I was working mostly through intuition and on the fly. This class was a great place to get a more formal education on product management. It provided frameworks and a methodical approach to product. It can be very hard to break into product management and this class is a great resource on top of everything else one can do to prepare and build confidence for a PM job.

I chose my Product School course specifically for the instructor, Brian Crofts, and I was not disappointed. What a great teacher. He had experience launching new products for a hugely successful company famous for it’s product culture, was the head of product at a startup in NYC, and is now the CPO of his own startup. Besides his experience, his passion and personality added a lot to the class.

The class is a mix of lecture and workshop. I wish it was more focused on the workshop exercises. The book for the course is useful and well-written so more class time could have been spent on building skills through practice. Communication is a huge part of product management, especially because as a PM you don’t have much control, but you have a lot of influence. Performing at a high level around others and demonstrating leadership has been an extremely important part of my interviewing and finding a PM job. There is an opportunity to focus on these things in class during exercises, but there could have been more.

Overall, this class if a great resource to get educated in an area that many people don’t have a lot of visibility into. Product jobs are competitive and rigorous, and product school can you help you get a leg up.

• Maryam Shittu • Senior Product Owner

I highly recommend the 8-week Product Management program for anyone looking to pursue a career in Product Management.

It was a comprehensive course that enhanced my product thinking despite being in the digital product development and management space. I attended this program for 2 reasons:

1. Intellectually Curiosity: I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always looking for ways to develop more innovative customer-centric products and solutions.
    2. Networking: I recently started a non-profit organization for women in product management with the aim of creating a community of digital leaders in Toronto. Attending this program allowed me to learn from industry veterans, who shared best practices and nuggets of wisdom selflessly and willingly.

Best of all, the supportive network of successful PM professional that graduated from Product School means that I have an alumni that I could constantly brainstorm ideas, seek information and advice from.

If you are an aspiring PM or just looking for opportunities to fine-tune your PM skill set, I would highly recommend you to take this course. It will be worth every single penny invested because you will learn from THE BEST in the industry.

• Peter Xia • Student

Background
    I attended Product School's Toronto cohort from March to May 2018. I am a Chartered Professional Accountant and am seeking a transition into product management. Throughout my online research, and speaking with alumni, I found this course to be the best for my situation because of the following reasons.

The Program
    Product School offers an 8 week, intensive, workshop based program from 9 to 3pm every Saturday. It teaches the latest concepts of product management and their application in the real world. Each class had a specific focus, and a corresponding case study which reinforced those concepts. Throughout the 8 weeks, I was very engaged and my passion for product management grew tremendously. I found the topics and activities to be very appropriate for someone with my non-tech background. Ultimately, I think a lot of the success of this program had to do with the gentleman who led the class, and the diversity of the classmates.

The Instructor
    I was very fortunate to be taught by Michael Kitchen, a Product Management professional with 15+ years of experience in telecommunication, digital and technology products. There was no question about Mike's technical knowledge in product management. However, it was the way he taught and the way he shared his passion with the class that really made Product School a life-changing experience for me.

Throughout the course, Mike's teaching continued to evolve. At first, I thought he was pretty good, in terms of sharing his knowledge and helping the class understand the application of PM concepts. In the third week, Mike upped his game and completely changed the way the class was taught. There were many more group activities, class participation, impromptu speeches, and many more that put student the student into real-life scenarios. This was phenomenal because he incorporated visual, auditory and experiential learning into the curriculum, which gave me the foundation and confidence to apply these product management concepts in my career.

The Classmates
    I had the best classmates. Some were already Product Managers and somewhere looking to get in the field. All of us shared the same passions, for innovation, creativity, technology and the pursuit of greatness. I am so happy to say that I have built life-long friendships due to the time I spent in this program.

The Verdict
    Product School was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As an accountant, this program expanded my horizons beyond what I thought I was capable. It taught me the skills I needed to secure a transition. It provided great mentorship through Mike's teachings and wisdom. It helped me build and expand my product management network. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to learn more about product management or interested in making a career switch. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the Product School program.

• Daniel Brand • Account Manager • Student

Dr. Joel Palathinkal’s class was extremely valuable towards advancing my knowledge and understanding of product management in the software and technology space.

Dr. Joel regularly shares his years of real world experiences in product management, and makes the lifecycle of product management extremely relatable. Regardless of your background, I am currently in account management, this course provides the basic building blocks+Dr. Joel’s years of experience, and creates a valuable learning experience for anyone looking to get in product management or just looking for something new to learn.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested. Especially Dr. Joel’s class. Looking forward to taking my new skill sets and applying them towards my current role.

• Harish • Graduate
    I took Product School's Product Management intensive in Santa Monica and could not have been more impressed with the caliber of curriculum, instruction, and resources. At the conclusion of the 8-week program, I walked away with a mastery of the core principles, frameworks, and tools needed to be an effective PM. The exercises, group work, and projects were invaluable.

Much of the credit goes to our instructor, Rich Headley, a talented and passionate instructor with deep insights into both the technical and intangible elements of being a good PM. Apart from being a dynamic, engaging classroom leader, Rich excels at the delivery of keen, perceptive feedback that enables true growth and learning.

I highly recommend Product School to aspiring PMs, or anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of product management.
  • Maria G • Product Manager • Graduate

Loved every minute of Product School Austin. My teacher is a Sr. Product Manager at Charles Schwab and a master at teaching us real & practical lessons to apply at work the very next day.

Towards the end of the course, you have to present on a final project. I did my project based on the product I currently manage. Since it was a real project for my own product, I had to present it to the CEO a few days before the final representation day. My teacher stayed with me until 11 pm to ensure that my slides and I were ready to present. Great teacher & class. Highly recommended.

• Balaji • PM • Student

PS is a great place to begin learning about PM.
    Sudha was my instructor and Sudha provides diverse and relevant examples to trigger thinking about concepts on PM. She went above and beyond to help me on preparing for the final presentation. I also received help for pursuing careers outside of my past experience.
    Sudha's has this great ability to think through product discovery part of PM, in turn making us think about applying most relevant product ideas to problem at hand. This is a great ability to have for PM.

Favorite experience is the complete and comprehensive attention payed to preparation of individual company project presentations and an opportunity to learn from others on PM experiences.

I believe PS brand must be continuously improved to get into top league. Personally there is a lot of potential for PS to leverage and improve and be the go to place for product management education.

• SIVAKUMAR SAMBANDAM

Great PM course if you are interested to build products that can improve customer experience. (Sudha Vetri) The instructor was highly educated and experienced, took her time to get to know the class students.
    She constantly empathized the skills  that are highly required for a successful product manager role.
    I would highly encourage the professionals who are interested to pursue PM as a career to take up this course.

Thank you Sudha for sharing your PM experience and Industry expectations from product managers. Course content is truly tailored to bring the students  up to speed on  skills required for playing a successful product manager