product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Founded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Product School is committed to pushing the product management industry forward. Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (214) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

Read all (5) articles about Product School →
  • Product Executive Certificate™

Product Management, Agile
    OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    LocationOrange County, Toronto, Denver, Boulder, Austin, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, London, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, New York City, San Francisco, Online
    Join the C-Suite: Our most advanced certificate is restricted to proven product leaders who want to get out of the building and learn from each other in a safe environment.
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

LocationOnline, San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Toronto, Orange County
    Move up the product management career ladder: Operate as a senior-level Product Manager by digging deeper into every aspect of the product development cycle, and designing your product strategy.
  • Product Manager Certificate™

Get your first product management job: Learn how to build digital products from end to end, lead cross-functional teams, bulletproof your resume and practice mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Kelly B • Graduate
    The Product School has a great Product Manager course, but having Shilpa Vir as an instructor made all the difference.  Her experience, examples and detailed answers to our questions helped me not only learn the frameworks, but also learn how and when to apply them.  I really enjoyed the course and happy to start applying all my learnings.
  • Cait • Student
    I wanted to love it, but I would not recommend the Product School for students looking to really dive into Product Management and learn about it for the first time. While the PM Certificate course does provide an overview of being a PM, it is very much just an overview. There was very little practical experience, and not much more to the content other than PowerPoint slides. We did have a few group exercises, but those weren't as beneficial as they could have been. Since there were students with prior PM experience mixed in with those of us with no experience, the group projects tended to be led by those experienced PMs. As a student with no experience, this made it difficult to actually learn or practice. Though there was homework, our instructor implied that they wouldn't offer any additional feedback other than what we already went over in class, since the homework was the same as our group projects.

I'm sure this will help on LinkedIn, but I didn't learn anything that I couldn't have learned in PM books or through much cheaper courses via other avenues like Coursera (for reference, the PM course at Product School cost $4500 as of summer 2021).

I don't think Product School is worth it, and I wouldn't recommend taking the Product Manager Certificate course.

• Prerna • Student
    I took the 8 weeks product management certification program to enhance my skills and learn the basics of Product management. I have been looking to transition into PM and this was a perfect opportunity.

Our instructor Alex Alwan was a real mentor and shared valuable knowledge shared in the course and based on his Product Manager experiences. He knew the material really well and supplemented the lessons with specific and relevant examples from his own personal experience as Sr. Product Manager. Additionally, he adjusted the pace of the lessons to our cohort's needs and interests.

I would highly recommend taking this course under him for any aspiring Product Managers.
  • Niranjan
    I recently completed this 8 Week Product manager certificate course with Shilpa Vir as our instructor. The course definitely met my expectations.  Shilpa has significant amount of on-field experience as Product manager and her practical insights are what makes the difference between just reading a book on PM duties vs illustrations of various on-the-job experience she brings to the class. She is very passionate and effective in conveying the course content and encourages us to think like a PM at every aspect of product life cycle. she is honest and gives practical feedbacks on ideas and assignments.  The course itself is a well organized with decent content spread across weeks to take us through the journey of a PM for a product from idea phase to launch phase. The discussions in the class and weekly assignments help us practice the theory part learnt in the class.

If someone is planning to make a career switch, or interested in learning and experiencing the job of a PM, then i do recommend this course and of-course shilpa would be a great instructor and coach to have!
  • Negin • Graduate
    I had a great experience with the product school. I had to change my class a couple of times because of conflicting schedules at work and they were very  accommodating. I took the class with Shilpa Vir and learned a ton from her. She made the classes fun and I highly recommend her classes.
  • Brittney Ekberg • Product Marketing Manager • Student
    I loved my experience at Product School. My instructor, Shilpa was phenomenal. She was very knowledgeable and loved to engage us in worthwhile conversations. Highly recommend!
  • Negin Zolfaghari
    I highly recommend the Product School if you are looking to break into the PM career and are looking for a comprehensive overview of the Product Management role.
    I recently completed an 8-week Product Management Certificate course at Product School with Shilpa Vir and absolutely enjoyed it. Shilpa brings years of industry experience in this field and she always goes above and beyond in clarifying the concepts with her real-time work experience. She is very knowledgeable and supportive and I'm very happy that I got to know her and professionally connect to her through this wonderful course.
  • Skyler • Sr. Product and Program Manager • Student
    I found the Product Manager Certificate to be a great way to quickly refresh and expand my Product skills. Currently in a new job, this gave me the chance to directly apply my skills in my day job.
    The structure of the course was full: we used all of the class time for valuable exercises/learning and our break-out team often met outside of class hours. Due to my timezone, I had to coordinate work meetings around the class time, but it was manageable for the 8-week period. Flexibility was possible, when needed.
    Finally, my instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was truly fantastic. His domain expertise and knowledge was impressive and his real-life examples made many concepts really sink in. He was extremely approachable (both during and outside of class hours). Most admirable might have been his ability to manage the class online, balancing student questions, content delivery, differing student experiences, etc. Top notch and I'd highly recommend the course!
  • Product School
    - 5/22/2020
    Sarah • Student
    My full stack product management course through Product School with instructor Joel Palathinkal was absolutely amazing! We learned SO much about product management, everything from product strategy to marketing to design to analytics and engineering as it related to the Product Manager role. Joel brought so much unique insight to the course with his professional experience and education that helped me learn so much about what it takes to succeed in the role. Without previous product management experience, I’m so glad I took the course with him as he’s extremely knowledgeable in the field as well as other related fields. He was able to explain the difficult content in an easy to digest format and always related what we were learning back to the product manager role specifically which was extremely helpful. He also always made himself available outside of the class for help and found creative ways to keep the class and students very engaged throughout the eight weeks. We also were able to gain insight into other extremely important parts of the role, such as office politics and handling different personalities - things I wouldn’t have learned from just reading books on the subject. I would highly recommend taking Product School’s course with him. Five stars!
  • Maria • Student
    What a great experience! I was looking into switching from Marketing to digital Product Management and this course was exactly what I needed to get it.

The curriculum is pretty solid: amazing frameworks, tools, best practices, etc. And the hands-on exercises allow you to put into practice all the concepts that you learn during the classes. My instructor was a senior-level Product Manager working at Facebook with 10+ years of experience in the field. That obviously added a lot of value to the whole experience.

Totally recommended to those who are willing to break into Product Management
  • KatB • Product Manager • Graduate

Excellent accelerated PM Course!  I enjoyed this course, it included lots of case studies, and hands on work which is the best way for me to learn.  The instructor Joel was very engaging, and provided lots of real life examples, and honest feedback to questions.  I appreciated the small class size, and that students brought their own life experiences, and diverse ideas to share.

• Jack • Product Manager • Student

The course is not worth $3,999. Not even close.

To his credit, Mark, my instructor, was pretty good. He clearly has real hardware product experience, and is an experienced PM. He really tried to make realistic exercises that, as a newly minted PM, I can see were at least somewhat realistic.

The material/content Product School provided to him? Not so much.

First of all: course started early June. First or second class in July (it's a two-month course), you begin classes on "public speaking" and "interviewing". Basically half the course material is mostly useless or at least of questionable use. Which is why I withdrew at around the halfway point.
    Second: it's really not easy (possible?) to teach product management short of having the experience. Though I got somewhat familiar with different terms and such, the usefulness of the course in my actual job today is extremely low.

Lastly, I had an awful refund experience with the program team. First, I told them to refund me via check. Then, they forgot about my refund until I followed up two weeks later. Then, they refunded my via my credit card, which I don't have access to anymore. When I told them to refund me via check (again), they did. But then that check bounced. You can imagine this was a frustrating process.

Anyways, don't take this course. It's a waste of money. Read Cracking the PM Interview, build your own product. This course isn't for true future PMs.