product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Product School was founded in 2014 and offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of practical, hands-on projects; group activities; and real-world case studies with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by senior-level product managers who work at technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Committed to building a product management community, Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (194) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

• Product Executive Certificate™

OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

• Product Management Certificate™

Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Rhomaro Powell  User Photo
    Rhomaro Powell • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great experience learning at the Product School. They have a hands on approach where I was able to apply the concepts in real time. The Product School created a great balance between theory, group work to individual projects that proved to be a excellent learning experience for me and allowed me to really get value out of the class.

My instructor, Ryan Black, was excellent. He experience starting his own tech company, working at Facebook and now a startup as a product manager gave me confidence that I can learn from him. He was able to provide the class with excellent real life stories to drive home all the concepts we were learning. He was able to give us a peak into the various ways PMs apply what we were learning. Ryan has a very flexible teach style, which allowed him to go in the direction that served the class best. He also gave great feedback on the work I did. He was very detailed yet concise in his feedback, which allowed me to create quality work when writing my PRD or thinking through my prototype and go-to-market strategy.

My classmates were amazing. Outside of the instructor I was able to learn a ton from my classmates. Some of my classmates were PMs, engineers, designers, marketers and consultants, so I was able to learn from their perspective when thinking about improving a product and how to empathize with the customer when thinking about solving a problem.

Overall, as a career switcher I have gained much confidence in my ability to take on a product manager role. The confidence came from putting in time on the individual project. The project allowed me to put everything I learned into practice. I did everything from hypothesizing, writing user stories, validating my solutions, prototyping the product/feature to understanding the correct success metrics to use and much more.

The only thing I would change about the class is the allocation of topics. There is a lot of time spent at the end on resume building, interview prep and job search. I think that part can be cut shorter and more time spent learning more about product management.

• Negin Zolfaghari
    I highly recommend the Product School if you are looking to break into the PM career and are looking for a comprehensive overview of the Product Management role.
    I recently completed an 8-week Product Management Certificate course at Product School with Shilpa Vir and absolutely enjoyed it. Shilpa brings years of industry experience in this field and she always goes above and beyond in clarifying the concepts with her real-time work experience. She is very knowledgeable and supportive and I'm very happy that I got to know her and professionally connect to her through this wonderful course.
  • Skyler • Sr. Product and Program Manager • Student
    I found the Product Manager Certificate to be a great way to quickly refresh and expand my Product skills. Currently in a new job, this gave me the chance to directly apply my skills in my day job.
    The structure of the course was full: we used all of the class time for valuable exercises/learning and our break-out team often met outside of class hours. Due to my timezone, I had to coordinate work meetings around the class time, but it was manageable for the 8-week period. Flexibility was possible, when needed.
    Finally, my instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was truly fantastic. His domain expertise and knowledge was impressive and his real-life examples made many concepts really sink in. He was extremely approachable (both during and outside of class hours). Most admirable might have been his ability to manage the class online, balancing student questions, content delivery, differing student experiences, etc. Top notch and I'd highly recommend the course!
  • Product School
    - 5/22/2020
    Sarah • Student
    My full stack product management course through Product School with instructor Joel Palathinkal was absolutely amazing! We learned SO much about product management, everything from product strategy to marketing to design to analytics and engineering as it related to the Product Manager role. Joel brought so much unique insight to the course with his professional experience and education that helped me learn so much about what it takes to succeed in the role. Without previous product management experience, I’m so glad I took the course with him as he’s extremely knowledgeable in the field as well as other related fields. He was able to explain the difficult content in an easy to digest format and always related what we were learning back to the product manager role specifically which was extremely helpful. He also always made himself available outside of the class for help and found creative ways to keep the class and students very engaged throughout the eight weeks. We also were able to gain insight into other extremely important parts of the role, such as office politics and handling different personalities - things I wouldn’t have learned from just reading books on the subject. I would highly recommend taking Product School’s course with him. Five stars!
  • Maria • Student
    What a great experience! I was looking into switching from Marketing to digital Product Management and this course was exactly what I needed to get it.

The curriculum is pretty solid: amazing frameworks, tools, best practices, etc. And the hands-on exercises allow you to put into practice all the concepts that you learn during the classes. My instructor was a senior-level Product Manager working at Facebook with 10+ years of experience in the field. That obviously added a lot of value to the whole experience.

Totally recommended to those who are willing to break into Product Management
  • KatB • Product Manager • Graduate

Excellent accelerated PM Course!  I enjoyed this course, it included lots of case studies, and hands on work which is the best way for me to learn.  The instructor Joel was very engaging, and provided lots of real life examples, and honest feedback to questions.  I appreciated the small class size, and that students brought their own life experiences, and diverse ideas to share.

• Jack • Product Manager • Student

The course is not worth $3,999. Not even close.

To his credit, Mark, my instructor, was pretty good. He clearly has real hardware product experience, and is an experienced PM. He really tried to make realistic exercises that, as a newly minted PM, I can see were at least somewhat realistic.

The material/content Product School provided to him? Not so much.

First of all: course started early June. First or second class in July (it's a two-month course), you begin classes on "public speaking" and "interviewing". Basically half the course material is mostly useless or at least of questionable use. Which is why I withdrew at around the halfway point.
    Second: it's really not easy (possible?) to teach product management short of having the experience. Though I got somewhat familiar with different terms and such, the usefulness of the course in my actual job today is extremely low.

Lastly, I had an awful refund experience with the program team. First, I told them to refund me via check. Then, they forgot about my refund until I followed up two weeks later. Then, they refunded my via my credit card, which I don't have access to anymore. When I told them to refund me via check (again), they did. But then that check bounced. You can imagine this was a frustrating process.

Anyways, don't take this course. It's a waste of money. Read Cracking the PM Interview, build your own product. This course isn't for true future PMs.

• Atashi Jain

Product school (www.productschool.com) has a curriculum. The course touched upon many topics right from user persona, interviews, design, A/B testing, metrics, marketing, and the entire product development life cycle. You have to choose a product that you like and work on providing an opportunity hypothesis and launch that idea to market. All of this is done in 8 weeks with the help of the instructor and the lesson notes. Everyone chooses different products (mostly). Some are B2B, some are B2C, some are SaaS and some were PaaS products. At the end of the seventh week, we all presented our product-> idea-> Go-to-market strategy.

I liked every bit of the class and the assignments. But the question mostly asked that did it help you find jobs? I would say it helps you build your network and learn a few product management fundamentals. I am in the process of looking out for jobs now.

I will list out the pros and cons of the course now.

Pros:

• A good outline of the 8-week course.
    • Great instructors.
    • Extremely active slack community.
    • Free networking events and webinars by reputed and established Product Managers.
    • Cheaper compared to General Assembly.
    • ProductCon is a great conference to meet and network.

Cons:

• Less focus on product management interview preparation. I wish they had a couple more weeks to cover more on this.

Overall a great learning experience. I recommend to someone pivoting from another industry into product management and looking to network.

More on :https://medium.com/@atashijain/why-i-went-to-product-school-8a808f83a2b1

• Product school
    - 4/8/2019
    Nicolas Merigo

Thanks to Product School I established a solid foundation of PM knowledge that served me to get my first job as a PM @flybondi. The course content is invaluable and I still refer to it at work. :) Highly recommend it.

• ARUN PRASAD JAGANATHAN • Graduate

Taking Product School's PM course has been one of my best career decisions so far! Switching careers, when you are already well established in your current role,  can be quite a daunting task. So it was imperative for me to learn from the best and get the right level of support to break into product after completion of the course. I am so happy that I chose this as it delivered and exceeded my expectations from the course!

A few aspects that make this stand-out course are the thoughtful curriculum that hones student's hard and soft skills, the access to an ever-expanding and helpful alumni group and, most importantly, the mentorship from your instructor during and after your course.

It was a privilege to be taught by Chris Maliwat - a PM veteran with solid experience in eBay, Netflix, Warby Parker and start-ups . Chris's passion for his craft, teaching and mentorship elevated the entire experience for our group. He truly cares for his student's career growth and it showed in his engagement with our group right from the very beginning. He is a phenomenal teacher and a great mentor, and I look forward to his guidance as I take next steps into becoming a PM.

I highly recommend Product School's PM course for anyone seeking to transition into product or improving PM skills to become better in their role. It was totally worth the time and investment! Thank you Product School, you guys are doing an amazing job!

• Product School
    - 1/23/2019
    Yesenia

I enrolled in Product school shortly after taking on a PM role at my current job and found it very helpful. The Product School curriculum packages the product life cycle into a simplified form that is easy enough to memorize but robust enough to apply when confronted with a mental roadblock. The lectures cover all aspects of their framework and augment the curriculum with additional tips that really empower you to tackle the demands of a career in product. I decided to attend the course in person on Saturday mornings and while that may sound like a drag I actually found myself looking forward to it knowing how much I was learning by applying what we learned to case studies. The lectures and case studies were very engaging! The instructor for my cohort was Dr. Joel Palathinkal who was very energetic for Saturday mornings! He always came in ready to tackle the days lecture and share product idea/experiences and challenged us to think on our feet. I truly appreciated his approach to teaching the course as it was very dynamic in that he covered everything on the syllabus but reacted to our input and tailored the lectures to focus on what students wanted to expand on. Joel went above and beyond by reaching out to his network of alumni to bring in guest speakers for every lecture. I can be a bit shy but he's really cool and approachable making it easy to feel comfortable participating. One of my favorite things about Product School is the Slack channels that offer a network where you can get help on a range of things from the need of advice from a SME to interview prep and even job leads! Whether you are new to product or early in your career I highly recommend the Product Management Course by Product School!

• Karan Gupta • Student

Course: 8 week long Software Product Management on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from March to May 2018.

Location: Santa Monica, CA
    Instructor: Rich Headley, currently a PM at Cornerstone OnDemand.
    Rich is very knowledgable, engaging, and covered all the relevant course topics on the syllabus. He also took time to address additional questions and concepts during class. I especially liked the way he applied PM concepts to real-world anecdotes and connected them to what we were learning. I was referred by mymbacircle to Rich.

Product School learnings: To get the most out of PS, you’ll need to put in more effort beyond doing the assignments. Participate in class, get to know your classmates, take advantage of the multitude of meet-up opportunities, and dive into the Slack community. By the end of this course you will learn what you need to know to develop a new feature or product from idea to prototype and present it, using any number of the PM tools discussed along the way.

They are always looking for feedback to make this program better and encourage interaction, which I appreciate. As far my evaluation of the school itself, there’s always room for improvement in a relatively new tech business learning program geared toward professionals. However I firmly believe that with instructors like Rich there it will continue to get better and better with each class.

I look forward to using what I’ve learned from this course in my career.