product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Founded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Product School is committed to pushing the product management industry forward. Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (214) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

Read all (5) articles about Product School →
  • Product Executive Certificate™

Product Management, Agile
    OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    LocationOrange County, Toronto, Denver, Boulder, Austin, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, London, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, New York City, San Francisco, Online
    Join the C-Suite: Our most advanced certificate is restricted to proven product leaders who want to get out of the building and learn from each other in a safe environment.
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

LocationOnline, San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Toronto, Orange County
    Move up the product management career ladder: Operate as a senior-level Product Manager by digging deeper into every aspect of the product development cycle, and designing your product strategy.
  • Product Manager Certificate™

Get your first product management job: Learn how to build digital products from end to end, lead cross-functional teams, bulletproof your resume and practice mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Angela  User Photo
    Angela Verified via LinkedIn

This course is great! Indeed this is the best PM class I've ever taken so far. Never feel so productive on a Saturday. I enjoyed the course material as well as the interaction with instructor and classmates.

The Class Notes are well-written and very practical. I am sure I will refer back to the material again and again as I grow in my PM career. I also developed a deeper understanding of core PM concepts: user persona/opportunity validation/etc.

My instructor is Arjun. He is very helpful not only in class(answer a lot of questions we raised in class) but also helped us connect with his network and reviewed our career plan outside of class. He is also very humorous :)

As a PM, sometimes I feel lonely (you face a lot of engineers daily but few PMs). So here really gives me a sense of community. My classmates helped me get out of my comfort zone and speak about my wants and thoughts. I am also glad that I am updated with the latest trend in PM framework/tools/thoughts so I don't feel left behind.

• Very good course
    - 12/12/2017
    Sudipta Mallik  User Photo
    Sudipta Mallik Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Product Management class taught by Dr. Joel Palathinkal at the NYC Product School in October-November 2017. Overall, the 8-week course was very good.

Joel is an excellent instructor. He is very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. I found his style of teaching very effective. The class format was very interactive and dynamic, especially when we did case studies. I really enjoyed the classroom discussions. In addition, he consistently made himself available outside of class hours to provide input and feedback on the class assignments, as well as career-related items (e.g. resume feedback).

I feel that the course has provided me with the tools and knowledge to transition into a Product role in the near future. Product School also seems to have a strong network which I plan to tap into. I definitely recommend this course for people interested in pursuing a career in  Product Management.

• Product School NYC
    - 8/17/2017
    Mimi Wu  User Photo
    Mimi Wu • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I definitely recommend Product School if you're looking for a place to start your career in product management. I've worked a lot with product managers in my previous experiences and I felt like I had a grasp of what they do, which is why I was very interested in taking this course. Even though I have an idea of what they do, I still felt like I wanted something formal to prepare me for a career in product management.

I completed the course in the first week of August. There were definitely concepts in the curriculum that felt like review, which is mostly because I have worked closely with product managers in the past. But I was also introduced to a lot of new tools and concepts. The reading assignments I did for homework were excellent in terms of preparing me for the upcoming lectures. Each chapter introduces a new concept and at the end of each chapter, you see how those concepts are applied to a mock company's idea to help them meet their business goal.

My instructor, Shendi Wang did a fantastic job in presenting the materials and answering the many questions I had. Her real life examples from her current role as a Director of Product Development and Innovation at Mastercard and her previous roles were invaluable to the class. She is a great network to have, very knowledgable in this space, and is able to give honest and constructive feedback on your work. I highly recommend Shendi if you have the opportunity to take a class that is taught by her.

• Danielle Sekelsky  User Photo
    Danielle Sekelsky • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Looking to hone my unofficial product management skills, I enrolled in the Product Manager course at Product School. The course was well structured and delivered a concise plan to get students to the next step in becoming a PM. Through a combination of lectures and class exercises we learned and actually used techniques applicable to a job in product.

Shendi Wang was a great instructor. She was knowledgeable and passionate about product management and delivered the material in an easily digestible manner. Shendi leveraged her vast experience as a PM to give the class examples of what we can expect to encounter and how to approach challenges. Her classroom environment was encouraging and made you feel ok to venture out of your comfort zone.

I’m excited to now have the tools to take the next step in my career!

• Ashley Machado  User Photo
    Ashley Machado Verified via LinkedIn

If you are interested in understanding how products and services are successfully implemented on Mobile and web platforms , Product Mgmt @ Product School(PS) is the place to start.

Before PS, I had no clear understanding on how to Ideate, validate, build and publish a great product.

Ashok Bania (PM at Spotify), our instructor for April 2017 cohort, is a brilliant and pragmatic instructor, who along with PS tools and course material, efficiently translated concepts and best industry practices of Product Management.

He cited multiple real world challenges and solutions, which has been great add-on to my learning. And, it was excellent class cohort, with almost all of them having distinct professional background. So their inputs enriched our learning process.

So, while there are no shortcuts to be a Product Manager, this course has definitely set me on the right path to transition to a Product Manager. Also, PS has good post course support system: weekly events and training program perks for students.

• Esther Yuen  User Photo
    Esther Yuen Verified via LinkedIn

Product School have bought so many ideas and potential opportunities which I didn't know exist.   Joel, my instructor have bought introduce me to so many platforms/tools to help me to become a product manager.  I feel that the course is very valuable/informational for people who want to become a product manager and am not sure how to. I also love the smaller class and the group work we do in class.

• Shalini  User Photo
    Shalini • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Instructor - Dr. Joel P

f you're trying to transition to product management from a different career, I highly recommend product school.

The only reason I'm removing one star is I'm reviewing this course mid-way. I have a feeling that my review would change to a full 5-star if I had reviewed at the end of the course because some of my expectations of the course are likely to be fulfilled towards the end of the course.

Pros:

-  Dr. Joel P. is very responsive and helpful both during class to clarify concepts and outside of class in case of questions on job leads/resume review etc. (full 5 stars to him)
    - Product School certification
    - Diversity of experience in class
    - Help with resume review
    - Job leads on Slack
    - Great talks with existing PMs and provide opportunities of networking (You don't need to be product school student for this)
    - Slack (Where you gain access to network of current and aspiring PMs and recruiters - you don't need to be a product school student for this!)
    - Curriculum is well designed for a generalist software product management role

Cons:

- Help with mock interviews and preparing for various types of questions asked during interviews
    - Strategies for targeting different companies - large sized, mid-sized and early startups
    - Additional help on more technical product management roles where knowledge of SQL and programming languages/algorithms is needed

• Bernice  User Photo
    Bernice • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I enrolled in Product School's 8 week long Software Product Management (PM) course to facilitate my transition from legal practice to the legal tech space. The curriculum is robust and provides an excellent overview of prevailing Product Management philosophies, methodologies, workflows, toolkits and challenges.

Dr Joel Palathinkal, the instructor, is an excellent educator - he is very adept at translating concepts and populates lessons with various case studies gleaned from his extensive experience in product management across various industries. I am very impressed with how responsive Joel is to queries not only during class but also out of class via Slack. He routinely supplements the course curriculum with articles, video clips and PM tools that he uses at his workplace.

• Rhomaro Powell  User Photo
    Rhomaro Powell • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great experience learning at the Product School. They have a hands on approach where I was able to apply the concepts in real time. The Product School created a great balance between theory, group work to individual projects that proved to be a excellent learning experience for me and allowed me to really get value out of the class.

My instructor, Ryan Black, was excellent. He experience starting his own tech company, working at Facebook and now a startup as a product manager gave me confidence that I can learn from him. He was able to provide the class with excellent real life stories to drive home all the concepts we were learning. He was able to give us a peak into the various ways PMs apply what we were learning. Ryan has a very flexible teach style, which allowed him to go in the direction that served the class best. He also gave great feedback on the work I did. He was very detailed yet concise in his feedback, which allowed me to create quality work when writing my PRD or thinking through my prototype and go-to-market strategy.

My classmates were amazing. Outside of the instructor I was able to learn a ton from my classmates. Some of my classmates were PMs, engineers, designers, marketers and consultants, so I was able to learn from their perspective when thinking about improving a product and how to empathize with the customer when thinking about solving a problem.

Overall, as a career switcher I have gained much confidence in my ability to take on a product manager role. The confidence came from putting in time on the individual project. The project allowed me to put everything I learned into practice. I did everything from hypothesizing, writing user stories, validating my solutions, prototyping the product/feature to understanding the correct success metrics to use and much more.

The only thing I would change about the class is the allocation of topics. There is a lot of time spent at the end on resume building, interview prep and job search. I think that part can be cut shorter and more time spent learning more about product management.

• PMC
    - 6/2/2022
    Abhishek
    Oleg is an amazing instructor, he went above and beyond and was always happy to ensure that every aspect of the course and every idea was explored to its fullest. The course was well designed and gave us ample opportunity to put it to practice. My fellow cohort mates were amazing to collaborate on different projects with and learn from as well.
  • Harsha Gadde • Sr. Product Manager • Graduate
    I graduated Shilpa Vir’s PMC cohort recently. It is very rare to find a charismatic and  motivational instructor with exceptional product expertise. I was very fortunate to attend a class full of joy and meet new friends. Product school’s programming and Shilpa’s unparalleled big tech product expertise will help you get up and running with confidence. Thank you Shilpa and product school for having me.
  • Vsevolod Lapin • Head of Product • Graduate
    I attended Product Leadership Certificate program in 2021 and enjoyed it very much, especially thanks to our fantastic instructor Shilpa Vir.
    Shilpa brought a lot of practical knowledge to the classes, and live discussions with the diverse group of professionals from various domains were inspiring and informative.
    The curriculum covers many aspects of the PM role - from business strategy to deeply technical areas, which makes it feel rushed a bit to fit into 8 6-hour long classes.
    Nevertheless, a highly recommended course with lots of applied knowledge and a great diverse cohort, enjoyed it a lot.