practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.

Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (177) reviews for Practicum Bootcamp →

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $6,900; Monthly cost: $1,100
      Refund / GuaranteePracticum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
    • Data Scientist

Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $10,900; Monthly cost: $1,300
    • Software Engineer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950
    • Mark Worsham • Student
      I am a student in the Practicum Software Engineer course.  In this course I have learned HTML and CSS, JavaScript, and I am currently learning React.  The course also includes Backend programming, which I will get to soon.

I am extremely pleased to have chosen Practicum to learn web development.   From day 1 the Practicum team has been very supportive, and their learning environment is excellent.  The course is web based, and Practicum has a very well designed and implemented environment.  After completing theory sessions in each section or sprint, you will use the Practicum IDE to complete exercises that are included with most theory lessons.  After completing the section you will complete a project designed to put your new skills to use.  It is extremely satisfying to see the web pages come to life!

One other exciting skill I have picked up is using GitHub.  All of the Practicum projects are done using GitHub, and this is a very valuable skill for web developers/software engineers to learn.

The lessons and projects are extremely well done, and the people are even better.  Practicum has global students, and they have a global team of community managers, code reviewers and tutors.  The Practicum team really is top notch and they do show a lot of care about my progress, and there is always someone to help me when I need help.
    • Data science
      - 7/16/2022
      Katie • Student
      Multiple different courses in a 9 month program. Each course gives you 2-3 weeks to complete it and includes lessons along with a project to help improve your skills.
    • Harvey • Student
      I started my journey to become a data scientist with no experience in coding. I tried using online sources but was quickly overwhelmed by the bulk of material and things I needed to know. More than anything, I was looking for a structured program. A kind of road map to becoming a data scientist. I decided to start the course on Practicum and I am glad I did.
      The program is very structured and there is a definite road map that you can see. The lessons are quite understandable too.
      Even with no prior experience in coding, I was able to understand different coding concepts and practice them on the website. And even times when I felt lost, all I had to do was ask questions and the tutors would give solutions to whatever problems I was facing. The support is really great.
      Also, with this program, you don't have to go through long installations of different software just to get you up and running. All tasks can be coded and solved on the platform and so no need to worry about getting a new PC due to heavy software requirements.
      I'm currently training and using machine learning models and algorithms on different real life projects. That's a huge step up from not knowing how to code when I first started.
      In all, it's a great course, real value for your money.
    • Javier Moreno Flores
      The data science program offered by Practicum is very well structured to help you succeed. I enrolled this program knowing nothing about programming, and the lessons offered in the platform offered enough practice, examples, and projects to practice the skills that I learned in the program. I had recently graduated from the University of Florida with a BS in biochemistry and I wanted to apply my analytical skills in data science, and Practicum offered me that bridge I needed to learn the skills. One of the best components of the program is that they have tutors that are always available for when you need it. I would highly recommend this program if you're a beginner and want to master the skills needed to become a data scientist.
    • Lani Mow • Student
      Although I have a background in statistics through my studies in public health, I always felt really unprepared to enter into a data-related career and counted myself out of so many jobs and opportunities because of it. But even after going through just half of the Practicum Data Scientist curriculum, I have grown not only in my hard skills but also in my confidence to pursue a career as a data scientist. The support system is excellent and all the tutors and instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. I'd highly recommend Practicum to anyone who is looking to make a career shift into data science!
    • richard wetterauer • Student
      Software Engineering Bootcamp with Practicum-Yandex

Here are some of my thoughts about the P-Y Software Engineering Bootcamp.  I’ve been involved for about five months since the beginning of 2022.  That’s almost half-way through the nine-month, part-time program.  I find this bootcamp to be a very powerful learning platform. The course is a combination of online course material, interaction with an experienced tutor, online coding videos, projects with rigorous reviews and interaction with other students.  All of this provides an opportunity to learn and prepare to enter the job market.  The program is comprised of sprints with two- to three-week duration, with enough flexibility to allow self-pacing.   Twenty hours per week is the minimum effort; more if you want to dive deeper.

Since my goal is to work remotely, the day-to-day experience of this bootcamp has been a good model for what lies ahead.  Often, it’s too easy to keep my head down working.  I’ve learned how important it is to recharge by stepping away. It’s true that short breaks bring solutions by letting your brain work in the background. Longer breaks help with maintaining balance.  When entering a bootcamp, it’s important to keep this in mind!

Another aspect is the enormous body of knowledge.  My guess is that I’ll have acquired ten-percent of the available knowledge when I’m done with the bootcamp.  Together with an attitude of continuous learning, I believe that ten-percent will be the right amount to get started.  With so much information, so many different programming languages, and so many different specialties, I think it’s important to think of the bootcamp as a launching pad.

You must be willing to search out information on your own.  The course will take you only so far and then it’s expected that you will be creative and inquisitive to find answers on your own.  Use internet search to find not only solutions for the project in front of you, but also to learn how to promote yourself in the job market, and to learn what your future path might be.

Finally, a hats-off to both our Community Manager who helps to keep everything afloat from making sure we know deadlines, online workshop schedules and upcoming seminars about networking and finding jobs, and our Tutor who goes out of his way to explain how your code may be great but what you did in twenty lines of code could be done in two.

• Reg Wemple • Student
      My name Is Reg I started studying with Practicum because I am looking for a career change. That can truly allow me to work with a flexible schedule. And work from home so I don't have to relocate my family. My experience with Practicum has been excellent. though their program is still relatively new so there are some hiccups with in the program. But nothing major that cant be worked around. The curriculum is top notch and the Community managers and tutors are excellent. They are very hands on and involved with their students. And are very accommodating as well. I work a more than full time job where the term weekend does not apply and over exhaustion is a real pain to deal with. And piling the workload from the program on top of that has not been easy. And because of this they have been really accommodating for my tuff schedule and that is something I highly value about their program.  They truly want you to succeed.
    • Gary Mercer • Student
      "I was hesitate joining an online software coding course but Practicum provided a free introduction course. This trial course was beneficial with preparing my final decision. Three days into the course it was clear, Practicum is an excellent solution to become a successful software engineer. They take pride in their product by providing accessible information, support system and attention to detail. You can see that there is a great deal of passion behind this company."

• Data Analyst
      - 3/29/2022
      Megan White Eagle • Student
      Great school for beginners learning coding, python and to become a data analyst!
    • Jinyu • Student
      I started the data science (DS) Bootcamp with Practicum by Yandex during the first week of October 2021. I choose to attend a DS Bootcamp because I want to prepare myself well for a career in DS. The cohort and community manager, Ana, is always very responsive and supportive of any questions during the learning process. The instructors and tutors are very knowledgeable, and they actively answer any questions that I have within 24 hours and usually within only a few hours. The interaction on the Slack channels is very smooth, responsive, and engaging. If some tough questions are hard to explain by typing in Slack, tutors will happily hold 1-1 Zoom sessions with any questions. I found the personalized support very motivating and beneficial.

The DS Bootcamp has 17 modules/sprints on essential data science topics: basic python, data preprocessing, exploratory data analysis (EDA), statistical data analysis, integrated project 1, data collection and storage (SQL), introduction to machine learning, supervised learning, machine learning in business, integrated project 2, linear algebra, numerical methods, time series, machine learning for texts, computer vision, unsupervised learning, and the final project. Each module/sprint has chapters to study and interactive exercises and lessons. At the end of each module/sprint, an assigned sprint project requires applying the knowledge and skills in that module and some previous modules to solve problems. It is a cumulative learning process. Modules and projects in later modules require the skillful application of skills learned from previous modules. That also means that as one progresses, the project feels harder. So if you start off feeling, "Wow, these are too easy for me!" Then wait for a while, you will realize, "Wow, these are not that easy for me!" I like to be challenged and grow, so the progression of the complexity of the modules/sprints feels excellent!

It is a flexible learning process. There are deadlines for each module and project. A certain level or amount of extension is possible if one falls behind. If you want to finish faster, that is possible too. As long as you can complete the modules' lessons and projects and pass the project code reviews, you can continue and move forward. Speaking of project reviews, the reviewers are sharp at picking out mistakes. The perk is that they also offer more efficient code or approach to solve problems if my code is too bulky or output looks too "ugly." The community manager will coordinate the process and facilitate your needs, whether you are going fast or slow.

Now, 16 weeks into the program, I am at module 11. I spend a few hours learning and flexing my DS muscles each day. I am feeling stronger. This journey with many like-minded friends, peers, and data scientists is super enjoyable. I like the journey more and more. My heartfelt appreciation goes to everyone I come across on this journey. Thank you.
    • Phil H. • Student
      The free intro course by Practicum fulfills it's purpose well. It introduces you to the learning platform with a very light introduction to HTML & CSS. It also gives you direct access to  Practicum personnel that are able to answer your questions about the program. At the end of the course it gives you an idea if Web Development is something you may choose to pursue. The sales rep is helpful and not pushy. From my limited experience the people at Practicum want to provide a quality learning experience that is mutually beneficial.
    • Data Scientist
      - 12/19/2021
      Hibatallah Kabbaj • Data Scientist • Student
      Practicum experience was the best thing I did this year, from theory to practice, even before finishing I was passing interesting interviews. I improved my portfolio significantly and feel I'm way more confident in my hard skills but also soft skills…
      - Projects and reviews are on point,
      - Courses encompass all that you will need to master the field. And you can turn back to summaries when you want to.
      - Slack channels are very organized.
      - Instructors office hours' are helpful.
      - Community managers were always there to help with meeting deadlines for example.

The overall experience was very helpful and fun.