monash-university-boot-camps-logo

Monash University Boot Camps

Average Rating3.91
11 Reviews
6 Courses

Monash University Boot Camps offer part-time web development courses, data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology (fintech), digital marketing, and UX/UI courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statist...

11 Monash University Boot Camps Reviews

• Aug 12, 2022

Full-Stack bootcamp

As a Digital strategist and a front end developer it was a tough decision to start a full stack program as a working professional, however I now thank myself for taking a leap of faith. The bootcamp is filled with the latest and greatest market ready technology. My favourite part of the program were the projects as it meant we could test out our apps in real time with professional feedback. I would strongly advice prospective students to start preparing ahead of time as it is an intense ...

Aug 12, 2022

Thank you, Raj! We're glad you enjoyed working on real-world projects and benefited from the curriculum. Great advice for prospective students on prepared ahead of time. Congratulations on successfully finishing the boot camp! We're rooting you on in al that you do.
  • Jul 04, 2022

Digital Marketing Bootcamp

I've been passionate about marketing since I was in high school, however, upon finishing my Bachelors degree in Media and Communications, I realised I had cast my net too broadly. I knew a lot about media, but not much about marketing. I also had no relevant real world skills, so finding employment was difficult. I knew I didn't want to complete another full degree, so after doing a bit of research, I stumbled across the Monash Digital Marketing Bootcamp, and little did I know, ...

Jul 05, 2022

Fantastic, Zoe! Thank you for choosing our program to further develop your digital marketing skill set. We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Great job on utilizing all the available boot camp resources including attending office hours and reaching out to your trainers when needed. Congratulations on finishing the boot camp and landing an exciting new role! We appreciate your review and wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Jun 06, 2022

Too Much Money for Too Little Knowledge

I looked into this course as I wanted to upskill in programming to prepare for any new jobs that might come my way. The only reason I picked this course was because I thought it was developed by Monash Uni. Little did I know until I started the course that it is actually run by Trilogy Education Services, a company that I have now discovered does not have many positive reviews online, and now being more than halfway through this course I know why.

I feel cheated by the way this co...

Jun 09, 2022

Thank you for your feedback, Sarah. The student experience is our top priority, and we regret to hear your boot camp experience is not living up to your expectations.

Like you noted, Monash University has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES), a 2U, Inc., brand, to offer the Monash University Data Analytics Boot Camp. TES works hand in hand with more than 50 top universities to expand access to tech education for working adults. Both Monash University and TES are truly dedicated to transforming participants' lives and aim to be fully transparent about this relationship throughout the entire learning experience.

This course does have a fast-paced curriculum and we strive to communicate to students prior to enrolling that they will need to spend 20-30 hours a week studying outside of class in order to truly succeed. We equip individuals with a robust academic framework and begin by covering the fundamentals; each of our sessions is designed to build upon the last and we do find that as the course continues, individuals begin to feel more and more confident in their skills. Our team does provide additional guidance through office hours, Slack, and our free tutor network — we hope you've been able to take advantage of these resources. From your review, we understand that this learning approach hasn't been sufficiently beneficial for you and we appreciate your input, as we're constantly optimizing our curriculum and program offerings.

Our main priority is and will continue to be the student experience and we want all participants to receive the support they need to be successful. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn how else we can assist you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at +61 3 8376 1404.
  • May 25, 2022

UX/UI Bootcamp

I am giving a glowing review of the Monash UX/UI bootcamp. I have always been interested in the way design can help people, and after doing some research on courses - this one seemed ideal. The course is fairly fast paced, but the support from the instructors, the course student success managers, and careers team were excellent. My instructor was very knowledgeable and was able to share lots of up-to-date insights as they were currently working as a UX professional in the industry. I lov...

May 26, 2022

We appreciate your review, Joshua! Like you noted, this is a fast-paced course so we're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. It's great to know you enjoyed the final project and made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! We're rooting you in all your future endeavors.
  • May 05, 2022

Data Anlysis

I've recently completed Data Analysis bootcamp and enjoyed the content tremendously. The lecturers were engaging and enthusiastic and the support team were ready to help. The pace was fast but interesting! I've learnt a significant amount and feel encouraged to learn more.

May 05, 2022

Way to go, Antoinette! We're glad you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We appreciate your review and wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Feb 14, 2022

Full Stack Flex Program

Fast-paced learning and resourceful in building web development skills through the use of various technologies and tools. Requires commitment and time management in order to be successful with the course. Course content and instructional team are friendly and informative! I have learnt source control, version history and collaborating with other project collaborators. Learning how to use Git, hosting codes on Github and deploying web applications was the highlight of the course. Creating...

Feb 18, 2022

Amazing, Mckinley! It's great to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program that requires ongoing commitment and time management. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Jul 22, 2021

Data Analytics

I am a scientist with over 20 years of experience in research on the use of geo-statistics to model spatial fields and needed to re-invent myself following a redundancy in late 2020. A review of job advertisements for data analysts showed that while I had the theoretical background, I lacked experience in the current sets of tools that are used in the analysis and visualisation of business data.

After a search for providers of short courses on data analysis I selected...

Jul 23, 2021

We appreciate your review, Alan! Thank you for choosing our program to advance your skillset. We're glad you're benefiting from the support of our entire boot camp team and enjoying the curriculum. It's great to hear you're taking advantage of all the available resources including tutoring and 1:1 meetings. Like you said, this course will require your full attention but if you're truly committed to your studies you can succeed. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on as you continue towards completing the boot camp!
  • Aug 10, 2022

Digital Marketing Bootcamp

The Digital Marketing Bootcamp has been fantastic. My husband and I both have very different small business (a bakery and an online career counselling business) and the bootcamp has taught me so much that I can apply to both businesses, from setting up a marketing strategy to creating an effective website, optimising our websites for SEO, using paid search and display advertising and advertising on social media. I feel so much more confident about marketing our businesses and reaching th...

Aug 12, 2022

Way to go, Kimberly! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the boot camp and benefiting from learning a wide range of different technologies. It's great to know you feel confident in your newfound skill set. We commend all your hard work thus far and can't wait to help you successfully complete the course!
  • Jul 26, 2022

mr

What motivated me to join the data analytics bootcamp was my passion for manipulating data to tell a story. I had a brief introduction and experience in using R but this proved not adequate as such in the field of data science. I was keen to pursue a career that would challenge with big data so i went in search for a course that would equip me with essential skills. Having, a background in statistics and financial mathematics i was keen for a short course with a well structured curriculu...

Jul 29, 2022

Amazing, Erastus! We commend your dedication to pursuing your interest in data analytics and embarking on a rigorous course to further develop your skillset. We're thrilled to hear you're benefiting from the flexible schedule and support of our entire boot camp team. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program so making sure you are able to devote extensive time and effort to your studies is crucial. Great advice for prospective students on coming in with an open mind and continually revising. We look forward to helping you graduate! Happy studying.
  • Jun 21, 2022

Data Analytics

Please DO NOT waste your money here. Please do a good research before entering into this course. The sales agent from Monash got me in last minute, a week before the course started without any pre course work. Being from a non IT background I was not able to catch up with the course content. The course is really fast, 3 days 3 hours a week. Everyday there are loads of information that needs to downloaded. They offered private tutors on Wednesdays who would never turn on the cameras and t...

Jun 24, 2022

We appreciate your review, Vasu. We regret to hear your boot camp experience is not living up to your expectations.

Our course serves a mix of individuals ranging from those with no previous experience to experienced professionals. However, we do recommend that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field for our data analytics program specifically.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced and rigorous course requiring an extensive amount of time to truly master the topics covered. We do provide 50 hours of online pre-course tutorials to help students better understand some fundamental topics prior to starting the boot camp. We also strive to communicate to individuals prior to enrolling that they will need to spend 20-30 hours a week studying outside of class in order to truly succeed. Each of our class sessions is designed to build upon the last, and we do find that as the course continues, participants begin to feel more and more confident in their skills. We understand that this learning approach may not be sufficiently beneficial for you and we appreciate your input as we are constantly working on optimizing our program offerings.

Our enrollment agreement and admissions process do make the refund policy clear, noting that refunds are not possible after the drop period ends. We never want individuals to drop from the program, as such, we work with learners on a case-by-case basis to help them move forward and finish out their studies.

• Feb 27, 2022

Data Analytics

I am currently in week 16 of the Data Analytics Bootcamp. I've managed an A+ average but it's been a struggle that's getting worse. Up to this point, the content has been okay but the instruction and documentation has not. It lacks clarity and accuracy. It seems the instructor often hasn't reviewed the material before class. There will often be errors in the starter code or the readme file won't match the comments in the file. The class activities are not done as activities but rather th...

Mar 10, 2022

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear your boot camp experience as a whole is not living up to your expectations.

Our trainers go through a multi-step interview process and are vetted carefully. Our goal is for each trainer to facilitate a productive and collaborative environment for all students throughout the entirety of the program.  All classes are recorded for quality assurance, monitoring instructor performance and class engagement in order to provide feedback to help instructors further develop their teaching skills, but we understand that not all teaching styles will resonate with all students. Our boot camps are rigorous and as such we strive to provide extensive support in the classroom through our team and outside of class through office hours, a free tutoring network, Slack, email, and our student success team. We hope you've been able to utilize these resources.

We not only strive to equip students with a robust academic framework, but we also work hard to help individuals develop strong problem-solving and self-teaching abilities: two qualities necessary in any real-world role. Our curriculum is based on extensive market research, teaching in-demand skills that learners can use to enter the current field. We understand that this learning approach may not have been sufficiently beneficial for you, and we appreciate your input as we are constantly working on optimizing our program offerings and course materials to ensure individuals are learning the most valuable skills and concepts.

We are committed to students feeling confident in their skills upon leaving the course, so we'd love to hear from you directly to see what else we can do at this time to reinforce your learning. If you would like, please reach out to us at +61 3 8376 1404.

Monash University Boot Camps Alumni Outcomes