monash-university-boot-camps-logo

Monash University Boot Camps

Monash University Boot Camps

Monash University Boot Camps offer part-time web development courses, data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology (fintech), digital marketing, and UX/UI courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. Monash University Boot Camps are designed for learners and professionals or those who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to learn a new skill.

Participants will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through completion and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Monash University and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology, digital marketing, or UX/UI.

Monash University Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Monash University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 3.8

• Cybersecurity

Networking, Network Security

CSS, Data Analytics , Excel, HTML, JavaScript, Python, R, SQL
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

Monash University Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
      Payment plans available
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • FinTech

Algorithms, Blockchain, Machine Learning, Python
    • UX/UI

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, User Experience Design
    • Zoe Levine  User Photo
      Zoe Levine • Content Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've been passionate about marketing since I was in high school, however, upon finishing my Bachelors degree in Media and Communications, I realised I had cast my net too broadly. I knew a lot about media, but not much about marketing. I also had no relevant real world skills, so finding employment was difficult. I knew I didn't want to complete another full degree, so after doing a bit of research, I stumbled across the Monash Digital Marketing Bootcamp, and little did I know, this bootcamp would be the start of everything.

This bootcamp was absolutely phenomenal. Not only did I have such a brilliant instructional team and cohort, but the classes were so informative and well planned. I honestly felt like I learnt more about the digital marketing industry in this part-time 18 week course than I did in my 3 year full-time degree. The lessons were so great, and I learnt some fantastic real world skills that I could actually use on the job. This bootcamp is different to regular studies as rather than teaching you about things, it also teaches you how to do things. I learnt how to use programs and tools I'd need to use in the marketing space, so it gave me real life experience. I also noticed that all of the topics we covered are very industry relevant. Everything we learnt matched what employers are looking for in job descriptions. Above this course being truely fantastic, we were supported every step of the way. I learnt so much from my instructor, my TAs, my classmates and my tutor. I never felt like I was alone, and always felt supported. My favourite part of this bootcamp was the office hours, where I got to chat with my TAs, ask questions, and learn from industry professionals. I loved learning in this hands on environment surrounded by people who shared my passions. I also loved the group projects, working together with my talented classmates to create amazing portfolio pieces.

Also, it's worth mentioning that this course led me to getting my first marketing job. Without the confidence and skills I learnt from this course, I wouldn't have felt confident enough to apply for a marketing role, so I would urge anyone who wants to pursue a similar career path to dive into this course.

I have so much love for this bootcamp, and I'd do it all over again if I could. If you're unsure whether to take the leap, I'd 100% recommend this course. It's the best experience I have had in my 15+ years of education, so if you're an aspiring marketer, this bootcamp will be your best friend!

Tuesday, Jul 05 2022
      Fantastic, Zoe! Thank you for choosing our program to further develop your digital marketing skill set. We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Great job on utilizing all the available boot camp resources including attending office hours and reaching out to your trainers when needed. Congratulations on finishing the boot camp and landing an exciting new role! We appreciate your review and wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Sarah Casauria  User Photo
      Sarah Casauria • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I looked into this course as I wanted to upskill in programming to prepare for any new jobs that might come my way. The only reason I picked this course was because I thought it was developed by Monash Uni. Little did I know until I started the course that it is actually run by Trilogy Education Services, a company that I have now discovered does not have many positive reviews online, and now being more than halfway through this course I know why.

I feel cheated by the way this course was advertised. It was advertised as full-time friendly, which is not true unless you are sacrificing more than 20 hours a week trying to relearn the course content since the actual lecture notes and activities do not teach you enough and don't teach you how to troubleshoot when things go wrong.

I feel cheated that this course was advertised as being run by Monash, when in reality Monash has not made any positive changes to the course despite a few students making complaints not only to our Student Success Managers, but to the Bootcamp managers higher up the chain. All the fault is placed upon the instructors who seem to forget that we are seeing this content for the first time, and if we are paying their salaries, they should at least make an effort to get through the class material in a clearer manner.

I feel cheated because I signed up for Data ANALYTICS, NOT data visualisation, which was definitely not clear enough in the course brochure that I had trusted to be accurate before signing my life away to this course.

The homework assignments do not match what we learn during class, with most of us having to find past student work on github to see what they have done and learn from them.

Had I have known that this wasn't created by Monash, and had I have known that I would be spending most of my nights and weekends finding my own learning resources because the lectures are poor quality, I would have looked for cheaper alternatives that would've at least given me some sort of certification at the end! For $13k, this course is not worth it.

I feel scammed and I feel helpless because at every stage, the course managers have made me feel like it's my fault for not spending 24/7 trying to understand the content.
      Thursday, Jun 09 2022
      Thank you for your feedback, Sarah. The student experience is our top priority, and we regret to hear your boot camp experience is not living up to your expectations.

Like you noted, Monash University has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES), a 2U, Inc., brand, to offer the Monash University Data Analytics Boot Camp. TES works hand in hand with more than 50 top universities to expand access to tech education for working adults. Both Monash University and TES are truly dedicated to transforming participants' lives and aim to be fully transparent about this relationship throughout the entire learning experience.

This course does have a fast-paced curriculum and we strive to communicate to students prior to enrolling that they will need to spend 20-30 hours a week studying outside of class in order to truly succeed. We equip individuals with a robust academic framework and begin by covering the fundamentals; each of our sessions is designed to build upon the last and we do find that as the course continues, individuals begin to feel more and more confident in their skills. Our team does provide additional guidance through office hours, Slack, and our free tutor network — we hope you've been able to take advantage of these resources. From your review, we understand that this learning approach hasn't been sufficiently beneficial for you and we appreciate your input, as we're constantly optimizing our curriculum and program offerings.

Our main priority is and will continue to be the student experience and we want all participants to receive the support they need to be successful. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn how else we can assist you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at +61 3 8376 1404.
    • UX/UI Bootcamp
      - 5/25/2022
      Joshua H.  User Photo
      Joshua H. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I am giving a glowing review of the Monash UX/UI bootcamp. I have always been interested in the way design can help people, and after doing some research on courses - this one seemed ideal. The course is fairly fast paced, but the support from the instructors, the course student success managers, and careers team were excellent. My instructor was very knowledgeable and was able to share lots of up-to-date insights as they were currently working as a UX professional in the industry. I loved learning so much about UX, UI and FE dev - and the highlight would have to be bringing together everything we learnt in the final project. I also loved the focus on accessible design, and how the content was really thoughtful and considered when it came to this. I thought the structure of the course was great - how each unit builds on the one before. If you're interested in UX, definitely do this course, you'll learn so much and do so alongside likeminded people - our cohort really bonded together over our time and we've made some friends for beyond the course.
      Thursday, May 26 2022
      We appreciate your review, Joshua! Like you noted, this is a fast-paced course so we're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. It's great to know you enjoyed the final project and made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on successfully completing the program! We're rooting you in all your future endeavors.
    • Data Anlysis
      - 5/5/2022
      Antoinette Boyle  User Photo
      Antoinette Boyle • n/a • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I've recently completed Data Analysis bootcamp and enjoyed the content tremendously. The lecturers were engaging and enthusiastic and the support team were ready to help. The pace was fast but interesting! I've learnt a significant amount and feel encouraged to learn more.
      Thursday, May 05 2022
      Way to go, Antoinette! We're glad you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We appreciate your review and wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Mckinley Jimenez  User Photo
      Mckinley Jimenez • Technical Business Analyst • Student Verified via GitHub
      Fast-paced learning and resourceful in building web development skills through the use of various technologies and tools. Requires commitment and time management in order to be successful with the course. Course content and instructional team are friendly and informative! I have learnt source control, version history and collaborating with other project collaborators. Learning how to use Git, hosting codes on Github and deploying web applications was the highlight of the course. Creating full-stack applications is challenging but putting some time to really make something work is pretty rewarding.
      Friday, Feb 18 2022
      Amazing, Mckinley! It's great to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program that requires ongoing commitment and time management. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
      - 7/22/2021
      Alan Seed  User Photo
      Alan Seed • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am a scientist with over 20 years of experience in research on the use of geo-statistics to model spatial fields and needed to re-invent myself following a redundancy in late 2020. A review of job advertisements for data analysts showed that while I had the theoretical background, I lacked experience in the current sets of tools that are used in the analysis and visualisation of business data.

After a search for providers of short courses on data analysis I selected the Monash University Bootcamp for Data Analytics. Monash University is ranked 55th the QS World University Rankings and is in my hometown, Melbourne, Australia. Based on my personal experience with staff from the University over the years I knew that it would provide an excellent course that would give me with a solid foundation on which to build my new career. I was also impressed with the course curriculum and the supporting career services program that would assist me with preparing for my next career.

The course curriculum progresses nicely through the sets of tools that are used for data analysis, database queries, to web-based visualisation. As such it provides an end-to-end introduction to data analytics tools.  The online course runs over 24 weeks and consists of 3 3-hour evening lectures and a homework assignment per week. The material is presented professionally by a class instructor with a tutor online to assist as required. The web site to manage the practical aspects of the course and the regular one-on-one meeting with a support person are also very helpful.

The course turned out to meet my expectations. This is a serious course full of content that demands your attention to complete, but at the end you will have a solid foundation on which to build your future career in data analytics.
      Friday, Jul 23 2021
      We appreciate your review, Alan! Thank you for choosing our program to advance your skillset. We're glad you're benefiting from the support of our entire boot camp team and enjoying the curriculum. It's great to hear you're taking advantage of all the available resources including tutoring and 1:1 meetings. Like you said, this course will require your full attention but if you're truly committed to your studies you can succeed. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on as you continue towards completing the boot camp!
    • Kimberly Whitty • Small Business Owner • Student
      The Digital Marketing Bootcamp has been fantastic. My husband and I both have very different small business (a bakery and an online career counselling business) and the bootcamp has taught me so much that I can apply to both businesses, from setting up a marketing strategy to creating an effective website, optimising our websites for SEO, using paid search and display advertising and advertising on social media. I feel so much more confident about marketing our businesses and reaching the people that we can help.
    • mr
      - 7/26/2022
      Erastus Chirchir • Student
      What motivated me to join the data analytics bootcamp was my passion for manipulating data to tell a story. I had a brief introduction and experience in using R but this proved not adequate as such in the field of data science. I was keen to pursue a career that would challenge with big data so i went in search for a course that would equip me with essential skills. Having, a background in statistics and financial mathematics i was keen for a short course with a well structured curriculum. After months of online research during Covid-19 lockdown i stumbled upon Monash data analytics bootcamp, i was instantly impressed by their course material. Couple of weeks of research and planning i enrolled myself. Since joining the program i dare say its been an amazing experience, my love for research and data was teleported to another level!!!. The tutors aka TA's as we call them, are helpful and give proper guidance on the course material. Evening classes suit my busy lifestyle. However, much study and personal research is vital for success because the program is fast-paced. My advice to future students would be come prepared and open minded, free up your schedule for personal study and course material revision, lastly be keen to understand the concept rather than ace the assignments. I guarantee you, this will transform your existence.
      Friday, Jul 29 2022
      Amazing, Erastus! We commend your dedication to pursuing your interest in data analytics and embarking on a rigorous course to further develop your skillset. We're thrilled to hear you're benefiting from the flexible schedule and support of our entire boot camp team. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced program so making sure you are able to devote extensive time and effort to your studies is crucial. Great advice for prospective students on coming in with an open mind and continually revising. We look forward to helping you graduate! Happy studying.
      - 6/21/2022
      Vasu Vinjarapu • Student
      Please DO NOT waste your money here. Please do a good research before entering into this course. The sales agent from Monash got me in last minute, a week before the course started without any pre course work. Being from a non IT background I was not able to catch up with the course content. The course is really fast, 3 days 3 hours a week. Everyday there are loads of information that needs to downloaded. They offered private tutors on Wednesdays who would never turn on the cameras and take his own sweet time to explain things making it more complicated. I spoke to 3 different managers in Monash in 2 months to explain my situation but not much help. REMEMBER YOU CANNOT WITHDRAW AFTER 1st WEEK that was never explained to me when signing the contract to pay $13500. I consulted many IT friends and Tutors from overseas and in everyone's view this course structure is too much for a non IT or a person working full time. Our group started with 28 people and could see every week some one dropping out. Once again please do a good research, watch videos and if decided pls take time to do the course in a proper way instead of bootcamp, if you have no prior coding experience.
      Friday, Jun 24 2022
      We appreciate your review, Vasu. We regret to hear your boot camp experience is not living up to your expectations.

Our course serves a mix of individuals ranging from those with no previous experience to experienced professionals. However, we do recommend that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field for our data analytics program specifically.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced and rigorous course requiring an extensive amount of time to truly master the topics covered. We do provide 50 hours of online pre-course tutorials to help students better understand some fundamental topics prior to starting the boot camp. We also strive to communicate to individuals prior to enrolling that they will need to spend 20-30 hours a week studying outside of class in order to truly succeed. Each of our class sessions is designed to build upon the last, and we do find that as the course continues, participants begin to feel more and more confident in their skills. We understand that this learning approach may not be sufficiently beneficial for you and we appreciate your input as we are constantly working on optimizing our program offerings.

Our enrollment agreement and admissions process do make the refund policy clear, noting that refunds are not possible after the drop period ends. We never want individuals to drop from the program, as such, we work with learners on a case-by-case basis to help them move forward and finish out their studies.

- 2/27/2022
      I am currently in week 16 of the Data Analytics Bootcamp. I've managed an A+ average but it's been a struggle that's getting worse. Up to this point, the content has been okay but the instruction and documentation has not. It lacks clarity and accuracy. It seems the instructor often hasn't reviewed the material before class. There will often be errors in the starter code or the readme file won't match the comments in the file. The class activities are not done as activities but rather the solution is talked through, depriving us of the invaluable experience of working through the logic process and seeing the results as we go.

In the last couple of weeks, we've had few or no slides to accompany the sessions. The previous slides were often inconsistent, but they were something at least.

Students have resorted to googling to find the homework solutions of previous students in hopes of reverse engineering them and learning something.

I've raised this several times with my student success manager, while she's been lovely, nothing meaningful has been done to rectify the issues. I'm just falling further behind and I am struggling to find a way to complete the course. It's keeping me up at night.
      Thursday, Mar 10 2022
      Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear your boot camp experience as a whole is not living up to your expectations.

Our trainers go through a multi-step interview process and are vetted carefully. Our goal is for each trainer to facilitate a productive and collaborative environment for all students throughout the entirety of the program.  All classes are recorded for quality assurance, monitoring instructor performance and class engagement in order to provide feedback to help instructors further develop their teaching skills, but we understand that not all teaching styles will resonate with all students. Our boot camps are rigorous and as such we strive to provide extensive support in the classroom through our team and outside of class through office hours, a free tutoring network, Slack, email, and our student success team. We hope you've been able to utilize these resources.

We not only strive to equip students with a robust academic framework, but we also work hard to help individuals develop strong problem-solving and self-teaching abilities: two qualities necessary in any real-world role. Our curriculum is based on extensive market research, teaching in-demand skills that learners can use to enter the current field. We understand that this learning approach may not have been sufficiently beneficial for you, and we appreciate your input as we are constantly working on optimizing our program offerings and course materials to ensure individuals are learning the most valuable skills and concepts.

We are committed to students feeling confident in their skills upon leaving the course, so we'd love to hear from you directly to see what else we can do at this time to reinforce your learning. If you would like, please reach out to us at +61 3 8376 1404.