Kickstart Coding looks for serious learners who are passionate about learning in an inclusive and collaborative environment. No prior coding experience is necessary.
The Kickstart Coding team has built a no-nonsense curriculum and is careful to exclude outdated information, and promotes trending technologies, good practices, and projects that challenge students. Instructors have decades of combined industry and teaching experience and have worked at companies like Google, Facebook, Salesforce, Microsoft, and more. For those seeking a career change, Kickstart Coding also provides extra time for coaching to help students become competitive candidates in the Bay Area tech industry.
Recent Kickstart Coding Reviews: Rating 5.0
The most affordable & up-to-date full stack bootcamp curriculum. Students can keep their work/life balance in check while learning Python, HTML, CSS, React, and more. - Rigorous curriculum - 4 total projects and weekly cheatsheets & quizes to prep you for a massive skill boost and career change - No laptop required - You are provided a fully tuned-up dev laptop to take home on Day 1 - Inclusive and positive learning environments are the #1 priority
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Tuition Plans
- Lenient, transparent payment plan: Students pay they go (credit card accepted)
- Refund / Guarantee
- Rebates available for paying up front and for taking the course with a friend.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Students are tested based on passion for learning and ability to learn in class as opposed to prior coding knowledge.
- Placement Test
Kickstart Coding Reviews
2 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
KickStart Coding's Full Stack program helped me level up from a curious novice to a confident, advanced level Developer. I am more ready than ever to apply to jobs, and with the project work completed during the program, I now have a portfolio to prove my skills.
Michael and Steve are super easy-going and helpful dudes, they focused on making this program as inclusive as possible (even offering laptops for those without one), and as such, they were ready and happy to answer any questions. The attitude and personality of the instructors curated an environment that I was excited to show up for and learn in.
Code review was, in my opinion, one of the most helpful parts of the mentorship -- after each assignment, Michael would take a red pen to a screenshot of my code, and not just tell me to do something differently, but why I should do it differently, even linking to a standard (e.g. a Python PEP) when relevant. Another positive is that he avoids "just doing it for you", but would gladly provide code snippets or examples to help you along.
In summary, I couldn't be happier with my choice of boot camps, I walked away knowing so much more, and not to mention, the price of the boot camp was more reasonable than literally any other option in the bay area. These guys have made something special and I am really glad that I got to experience it.
I come from a zero-tech background. I wanted to build an app. Michael said he could teach me that, so I signed up.
I’m not going to lie. This bootcamp was hard. For a tech newbie with a full-time job and family, the time commitment is intense. I was often frustrated. I cried, a lot. I secretly thought that I shouldn’t have been admitted to the course.
But I came out the other end as a web developer – with a new job. That hadn’t even been my goal, and you couldn’t find anybody more surprised than me!
I couldn’t have afforded the time or money to take a traditional bootcamp. I never would have tried. Kickstart Coding made it possible for me to learn these skills, and it’s no exaggeration to say that it changed the trajectory of my career, and possibly my life. Michael is an excellent and engaging teacher, as are TA’s Maddy and Mark, and I owe them a debt of gratitude.
5 stars for Kickstart – well worth your money.