ku-boot-camps-logo

KU Boot Camps

Kansas City

KU Boot Camps

University of Kansas Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, and cybersecurity courses, and 18-week, part-time courses in digital marketing and technology project management. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

The boot camps are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind and deliver a dynamic learning experience through the help of expert instructors and TAs. Whether students choose to pursue web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, digital marketing, or technology project management, they’ll be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. KU Boot Camps are designed for students and professionals who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement, or are looking to learn a new skill.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a certificate of completion from University of Kansas, Lifelong & Professional Education and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, digital marketing, or technology project management.

KU Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent KU Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.69

all (17) reviews for KU Boot Camps →

Recent KU Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about KU Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationKansas City
    KU Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationKansas City
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationKansas City
    KU Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Git, MySQL, React.js, MongoDB
    LocationKansas City
    KU Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Agile, Scrum
    LocationKansas City
    KU Technology Project Management Boot Camp prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more. Obtain the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
    Payment plans available

2 Scholarships

• $500 KU Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive KU Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Kansas City)
  • $500 KU Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Kansas City)
  • Jimmy Castillo M  User Photo
    Jimmy Castillo M • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    ​​Completely unhappy, and the worst experience ever at University of Kansas - Trilogy BootCamp Data Analytics.  I wish I could give zero star, but the review is not letting me. The teaching assistance was the worst experience, and the reason why I dropped the course and they had to return me back the $10,000 that was already paid.  I had an issue with a TA named [name redacted]. The issue happened on a Saturday November 6, 2021 from 12 pm to 2pm. The TA named [name redacted] refused to help me during the two office hours. In these two office hours there were two students, one named [name redacted] and the other student was me. I joined the office hours because I had questions about Python, a current topic that was going to start covering two days later after the office hours.  This person named [name redacted] and who works as TA, refused, rejected and denied to help me for many multiple reasons, among these multiple reasons I am including but not limited to Number 1. He was mad at me because he asked me to help the other student during the office hours; I mean during his work hours of Teaching Assistance; technically he was asking me to do his job in explaining VBA scripts to the other student named [name redacted]. I said that the reason I joined the office hours was because I had questions about Python and not for me to teach the other student, and I said to him that was not my job, but it was certainly his job, and that is why he gets paid for it. ​This Teaching Assistant named [name redacted] is very low moral ​professional​ in the teaching team, I hope they replace him soon as well as the unhelpful three ladies that I will mention below in this review. This TA named [name redacted] is completely horrible and shameful. Number 2. He ​sent me a message via ​slack saying that he was focused on helping people who needed his help. Maybe he tried to say that I did not need his help​ when my payment of $10,000 was already in the bank account of Trilogy and KU​. He also said in that ​message via ​slack that he was giving priority to the current topic of the course, my questions were about Python, and Python was going to be covered exactly and precisely two days after he refused to help me.  Number 3. Racism and discrimination. I am Hispanic and his attitude toward me was rude, jerk, ​shameful, unmoral, ​and ​he thought that he could treat me as he pleased and maybe he thought that I was never going to report him. I felt excluded during the last two office hours, his last approach in these two last hours was shameful and disgusting, very unprofessional​, ​completely biased​, hateful with discrimination and racist. I felt he took it​ very​ personal for the ​fact​ that I said that I was attending the office hours to ask ​him ​questions about Python, not ​for me to ​do his job of teaching other students about VBA. I reported the issue to KU and Trilogy staff,  I previously proposed them in an email to take the following actions. 1. Compensate me with the two exact hours given to the other student named [name redacted]. I said if the other student had the privilege to have two hours of teaching assistance from [name redacted], then I can claim the same privilege as well since we are paying the same amount of money.  2. Replace [name redacted] for his lack of professionalism for asking me to teach the other student when that was his job, not mine, and of course, for [name redacted] refusing to help me and for excluding me during the last two hours. 3. Provide a form to evaluate the office hours, right after the end of the two office hours. 4. Have a supervisor during the office hours to make sure every student is treated equally, every student is included, every student receives the same support and help they all deserve.  We scheduled a phone conversation, and three ladies were in the conversation, someone named [name redacted], another one named [name redacted], and the other named [name redacted]. When I explained the problem that I experienced with [name redacted], the teacher assistance, they all the three ladies defended [name redacted] actions and decision of not helping me, I got super upset and frustrated that I decided to drop the class. At this point they lost $10,000 for supporting an unprofessional, shameful, and immoral man named [name redacted] who excluded me indiscriminately in my last two office hours. I told all of these three ladies to evaluate the situation unbiased and in a fair way.  It seems that the word FAIR offended them, I said put yourself in my shoes, think about how you would have felt if you were a student and you experience that the TA is assisting the other student and he is excluding you. How would you react to it? They shamefully answered, that is how the our system works, technically they were trying to say that whatever the TA decides to do is completely acceptable regardless if the TA asks me to do his job for being lazy or, not, regardless if the TA excludes me in a indiscriminately way or not,  regardless the TA decision is, even if that decision goes against the most minimum fundamental principle of an educational intuitions.  This experience from this KU Bootcamp is very cheap, shameful, lacks professionalism, lacks morality and you easily will get disappointed, especially if you are a group of minority.  ​Once you pay they treat you like you are in and you have to follow all their unacceptable and shameful policies and rules that technically go against all minimum principles of a decent student. ​If you are in a position of undecided. ​I advise you if you take the risk of enrolling in this course with ​Trilogy and ​UK make sure they give you the ​all the necessary ​flexibility​ in all agreements​ so you can ​feel free to ​drop the course at any time ​either for experiencing the same shameful problem with the TA named [name redacted]. Make completely sure that if you drop the course at any given time during the course, make entirely sure that Trilogy and KU will easily give you all your money back as a refund and ask for a guarantee document to avoid misunderstanding; otherwise, do not even ​think about giving $10,000 easily, you will get easily disappointed, and ​mainly ​if you experience ​the same shameful TA assistant from this person named [name redacted] and the three ladies that I reached out to as I did​.​ Finally, I will recommend​ you this​, invest wisely and search for at least 5 educational institutions who have been well evaluated, recommended​, then decide for the best institution that can give you peace of mind and best of best honest support. Be clever, smart and wise. After all, it is your money that has cost you so much​ pain​, or is your money that you will pay back later, so when you decide, ​review every detail of ​all agreements,​​ and demand the best as you deserve it. Make sure they can give you the reimbursement if you decide to drop the class at any given time​, this is very vital for your finances and peace of mind, so you don't find yourself in a very difficult situation later​.  I hope this review can be ​so helpful and informative, and help you to make the best decision​. ​Again, for me University of Kansas Trilogy Data Analytics Bootcamp was the worst experience ever, mainly for this Teaching Assistant named [name redacted] and for the three incapable, inefficient and inexperienced ladies, three brains and none of them solved the problem. They preferred to easily refund $10,000. Very shameful of these three ladies and the TA named [name redacted]. I don't think their finance team and business owners are that happy with the accounting department of Trilogy and KU who easily lost $10,000 in refunding me all because their incompetent staff.  I frankly wish I could give zero stars. Take care, success and ​God bless​!
    Monday, Nov 15 2021
    Thank you for your feedback, Jimmy. We regret to hear the program did not meet your expectations.

In your review, you indicated behavior from an instructional team member that we take most seriously. We want to assure you that both Trilogy Education/2U, Inc. and University of Kansas Lifelong & Professional Education are fully committed to creating and maintaining an educational environment free from discrimination and harassment. We pride ourselves on responding to all allegations of discrimination and taking the necessary steps to ensure that each case is handled accordingly.

We vet our entire instructional team carefully. Each team member works to facilitate a productive and collaborative environment for all students throughout the entirety of the program. Our boot camps are rigorous and as such we strive to provide extensive support in the classroom through our instructional team and outside of class through office hours, a free tutoring network, Slack, email, and our student success team.

Like you noted, office hours are designed to provide valuable time to better understand the course material. We strongly recommend coming in with a clear purpose or specifics prior to attending a session in order to properly convey to the instructor or TA your challenges. We also know that problem solving in a peer to peer setting can be helpful in reinforcing complex concepts, and our instructional staff does encourage learners who have stronger grasp of the material to help others as a way to strengthen their understanding and gain helpful communication skills for the future. However, we understand that you felt your teaching assistant did not provide satisfactory support and we never want any of our learners to feel discouraged from continuing their work in our boot camp and beyond.

We understand all individuals will have different boot camp experiences, and we are fully supportive of students sharing feedback on their personal experiences. When we receive a less than satisfactory response, our first priority is to follow up with the student and resolve their complaints or concerns, to the best of our abilities. Our team did approach you in this same manner in hopes of rectifying any and all concerns you had.

We would love the opportunity to speak with you further to learn how else we can assist you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at (913) 956-0960.
  • Bhargavi Pasarlapati  User Photo
    Bhargavi Pasarlapati • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before I enrolled myself in this program, I looked into a variety of options including online courses, but working full time, the online courses were not motivating enough for me. The instructors in this course are knowledgeble about the subject and the TAs are extremely helpful and always willing to make things work out for me. I have learnt a ton of new stuff since I have been in this program and loving it. There is a lot of additional hours required to be put in which is not easy especially with working full time and having a family of young children. But the advisor and the TAs are very supportive and encouraging throughout making it easier to get through the course. You'll have to come prepared that just sitting in the classroom will not help, and be willing to put in few extra hours a week outside of the sessions.All in all, this is a great course and everyone here wants you to succeed in learning.

Thursday, Jul 11 2019
    Thank you for your review, Bhargavi! We're so happy that your network of support has motivated you throughout the course so far. We know that enrolling in a boot camp is a big decision that requires a big time commitment, which is why we're here for you every step of the way. As you mentioned, this is an intense course, so we're proud of your progress and are cheering you on as you continue towards completing the program!
  • Travis Morris  User Photo
    Travis Morris • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I recently completed the full stack bootcamp, and all I can think is, "Why didn't I do this sooner?" The classes were super fun and I learned a ton! They do a great job providing you with everything you need to be successful, even if you have no idea what to do going in. I'm glad I committed to taking this course, and am excited for where my new life will take me.

Monday, Jun 24 2019
    Thanks, Travis! We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience and enjoyed the program. Congratulations on successfully graduating, we wish you the best in all your coding endeavors!
  • Anthony Alfano  User Photo
    Anthony Alfano • Pricing Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This boot camp was a very challenging class that comes with a high reward.  I attended class between February and August 2018, and have been sold on the program ever since.  Upon completion of the course, I signed up as a teacher's aide and am in the middle of my 2nd term in this role.

I've told individuals on countless occasions that I learned more in that 7 month stretch than I learned in my 4-year undergraduate degree.  It was well worth the investment in myself as I started a new full-time job as a pricing analyst just weeks after graduating, and quickly found that I was well prepared for the challenge that comes with a new role.

Prior to the class, I was the resident excel expert at work, and had a minimal amount of VBA scripting experience that was applicable.  It was a tough class that definitely put up a fight, but it was the appropriate level of difficulty to keep you engaged and learning throughout all 240 hours of class.  Three to four hour long classes flew by, as the class is formatted with a 10-15 minute lecture followed by an in-class activity, which really breaks up the monotony.

A worthwhile experience if you're a relentless individual who is willing to go through the grind.

Thursday, Jun 20 2019
    Way to go, Anthony! We're thrilled you learned the fundamentals of data analytics and landed an exciting new role following the completion of the program. We completely agree that if you're willing to put in the work, you can succeed. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review and returning to TA for us! All the best moving forward.
  • Life Changing
    - 6/6/2019
    Tim Lukens  User Photo
    Tim Lukens • Application Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I wanna start by saying that I dropped out of high school in the ninth grade after deciding school wasn't really for me. I decided to get my G.E.D. and started working random jobs that never made me happy. I had always enjoyed building websites, but never thought at any point that I could make a career out of it.

Before going into the program I had a couple of years of JavaScript, HTML, and CSS from different courses online. I would say that the foundation that built was helpful, but the KU Coding Bootcamp helped to solidify those skills and taught me way more in 24 weeks, than I learned in those 2 years on my own.

After 1 month of graduating the program and receiving my certificate I received a job offer that doubled my old jobs rate of pay.

I had to work for it, but the career services department was really helpful, and the instructors and teaching assistants were always available anytime I needed assistance. I can't say this will work for everyone, but if you truely apply yourself and give it your all it can be life changing.

Friday, Jun 07 2019
    Amazing, Tim! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're happy to hear you were able to solidify and further develop your web development skills with the help of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Jay  User Photo
    Jay • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I'm am so glad I took this course. I had a basic understanding before I came in and now I have expanded my skills so much! I never would've learned what I know now on my own. The inclass session with a teacher is a huge help. Plus learning from your fellow classmates and working on group projects. They were great on getting us ready for the job market.

Tuesday, May 14 2019
    Thank you for your review, Jay! We're happy to hear the program helped you further develop your existing skills and that you benefited from our in-class instructional support. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Worth it!
    - 4/11/2019
    Giovanni Rigters  User Photo
    Giovanni Rigters • Student Verified via GitHub
    Having a couple of years of experience in digital marketing, I see how being able to analyze and visualize data is becoming increasingly more important. Many aspects of digital marketing are also becoming more automated, which frees up time to actually perform more data analysis tasks.

That being said, I have friends in IT and others that went through a data science bootcamp who I talk to and they advised me to try it out and gain some additional skills which will make me stand out.

The bootcamp is challenging, but also very fun. It's fast paced and every class I learn something new. I also like the fact that we have a teacher and TA's who are in the industry, so we are getting first hand knowledge of what the current business world is looking for.

My favorite aspect of the bootcamp is not only the applicable knowledge we gain in six months, but also the support we receive from career services who helps me to become employer competitive, by giving much needed advice on resumes, updating LinkedIn profiles, mock up interviews, and more.

Advice to anyone thinking about taking the bootcamp is to get prepared that the bootcamp will be programming heavy for the first half and to do the bare minimum of googling the topics covered in the curriculum.
    Thursday, Apr 11 2019
    Way to go, Giovanni! We're thrilled you chose our program to further your career and learn new data analytics skills. It's great to hear you are enjoying the curriculum and feeling supported by our entire team. We look forward to helping you through the completion of the boot camp and seeing what you will achieve as you continue unlocking new opportunities!
  • Kobe Hill • Graduate
    The Full-stack Coding Bootcamp that offer is very good and challenging in a good way. The instructor really makes you think and apply what you have learned.
    Monday, Mar 15 2021
    Way to go, Kobe! It's great to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from our instructional team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Full Stack Flex
    - 12/1/2020
    Mario Thompson • Student
    Trilogy and KU have assembled the best and brightest to make a team that is worth every penny you'll pay for this course.  I graduate in March, but I have no doubt I'll land a challenging job I'll enjoy.
    Friday, Dec 04 2020
    Thank you, Mario! We're thrilled you're benefiting from the support of our instructional team and enjoying the program. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on towards graduation!
  • Mackenzie Schutz • Student
    I attended KU Coding Bootcamp from March 2020-August 2020. It is a six month program learning full stack web dev- everything from front to back end. I am amazed at how my skills have developed in the last six months. I can now do things that I didn't even know were possible to learn so quickly. It was supposed to be an in-person class but the Covid-19 pandemic changed that and we did a majority of the class on Zoom. It was an adjustment and I wasn't thrilled about it at first but the instructional staff was able to maintain the quality of the class and be just as attentive in helping us with homework, projects, understanding concepts, ect. It is an extremely intense class, requiring several hours a week doing assignments and practicing writing code. The things we learn are technically things you can teach yourself but I'm the type of person that thrives off of the interaction with other people while I'm learning. They also give you weekly tutoring sessions. I had a great tutor! The extra support totally justified the price tag for me. Would I recommend this class? Well, you have to be able to really push yourself, participate, keep a positive attitude and do everything the instructors tell you to do to reap the full benefits. If that sounds like you, you should definitely sign up. You will be so amazed at what you can learn. If you aren't willing to do those things this class isn't for you.
    Friday, Sep 11 2020
    Amazing, Mackenzie! It's great to hear you had a positive boot camp experience. Your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format.

Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced course, one that will require extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom. As such, we commend all the hard work you dedicated to your studies. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Jacqueline • Front End Developer • Graduate

Before I started this course, I had a decent understanding of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I believe this really helped me in this course. This program offers a wonderful introduction to the world of web development. However this is a huge time commitment, the recommended 20 hours is not enough, I personally spent closer to 30 hours a week. I learned a lot though. I was able to land a job within a month of graduating, and most of my friends in the class had similar success. ​

Friday, Jun 07 2019
    Thank you, Jacqueline! Like you mentioned, this program will require an extensive amount of time to master the topics covered, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success on your new career path!
  • Patrick Kearney • Project Manager • Graduate

The Full-Stack Web Flex Part-Time program is an outstanding introduction into web development. The material covered is extremely current, the instructors are incredibly knowledgeable, and the teaching assistants are really capable to meet the students’ learning needs. The balance between material on the front-end and back-end of web development is good and students graduating from the program, who have put in the time to really study the material, are well prepared to pick up new material on their own afterward.

Potential students should be warned that this course is a real time commitment. The ten hours of official instruction per week will generally need to be supplemented with up to twenty hours of outside study per week. That said, the program is a lot of fun, and it is really motivating to be surrounded by so many other people seeking to change their lives by learning to code.

The career services offered through the program are good for younger students, who may have never received previous career coaching.  However, they could definitely be improved for older students, who may not want to jettison their previous work accomplishments for a complete restart in web-development.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Thank you for sharing your review, Patrick! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and found our instructional team to be knowledgeable. Like you mentioned, prospective students should take into account that this program requires extensive commitment and time outside of class to master the complex concepts.

Our goal is for all participants to complete the course feeling equipped for success as they step out into the job market, providing ample support for those individuals who may have more professional experience, like yourself, so we truly appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future aspirations!