juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Juno College of Technology offers a 9-week, full-time web development immersive, and an 8-week, part-time web development course in Toronto, Canada. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses are Web Development Fundamentals & Advanced Web Development, JavaScript Fundamentals & Advanced JavaScript, UX Fundamentals & Advanced UX, and a Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. The programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development programs, students have a great website and portfolio, and the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (212) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (6) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Custom Theme Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our Custom Theme Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • Data Foundations

LocationToronto
    Data Foundations is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Foundations brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level-up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.

• Scott Fuller  User Photo
    Scott Fuller • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having recently finished the HackerYou Web Development Immersive bootcamp, I can genuinely say that it was one of the best decisions of my life to enrol in the program. For a number of years I had thought that web development could be a great career for me, but I was nervous about making the transition from my stable day job. I started by taking the part time Web Development program last spring, which let me dip my feet into the water before investing in the full time program. I was really glad I did as it introduced me to the core concepts of web dev, along with immersing me in the supportive and friendly learning environment that HY has created. After completing the part time course I knew that there was no other school that I would want to attend for a full time program – from the high-quality teachers to the environment that supports inclusion and diversity, it was a no brainer for me to apply for the bootcamp at HY. The experience of the bootcamp was definitely intense, but it allowed me to learn current languages and skills that are wanted by employers (React, JavaScript, SASS, etc) in a time period that minimized how long I was out of work. On top of this, having never been a person who enjoyed traditional school, the project-based strategy that focuses on learning by doing really worked for me. One month after completing the program, I just landed by first job as a Front End Developer and I know that I wouldn’t have been able to get to this point without HackerYou. I would highly recommend HY to anyone who is curious about web development, or those who are interested in changing their career – you won’t regret it!

• Lucas Silbernagel  User Photo
    Lucas Silbernagel • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Long story short: Juno helped me make a career change and get hired as a front-end developer during the COVID-19 pandemic!

In university I studied anthropology and French. I planned to work in academia, but after completing a Master's degree in anthropology I realized that this was not a viable option due to the overly competitive job market and the increasing trend of hiring contract faculty instead of full-time positions. I worked briefly in a sales role at a tech company in Toronto, and then for over 3 years in a customer service role at a call centre.

While working at the call centre, I enrolled in the part-time introduction to web development course at Juno College in October 2019. I had dabbled in building websites in the past, and I wanted to see if a career change into web development was the right move for me. I chose Juno because of the great reviews online, as well as for financial reasons: if I enrolled in the 9-week bootcamp, the cost of the web development course would be deducted from my bootcamp tuition. At the time, Juno was also the only bootcamp that offered the option of an Income Sharing Agreement, i.e. having the cost of the bootcamp deducted as a percentage of your pay when you are hired as a developer.

I really enjoyed the web development course, so after much deliberation I applied and was accepted for the bootcamp beginning in February 2020, as well as the 2 week full-time JavaScript course running just before it. I quit my job at the call centre, and my journey began! After having taken three courses at Juno so far (Web Development, JavaScript, and Bootcamp) I can say that I am absolutely thrilled with my experience. Here are some of the highlights:

-The course materials are cutting-edge, easy to understand, and constantly being updated. As a Juno graduate, you have access to the course materials for life, even as they continue to be updated!
    -The instructors are all fantastic. Experienced, knowledgeable, patient, funny, understanding, friendly, engaging, and passionate are the main adjectives that come to mind.
    -The Career Services team really knows what they are doing. During and after bootcamp, they provide tips and guidance on how to get your first job as a developer. This process is very thorough, and I was really impressed by how they hold your hand through becoming part of the tech community, building a personal brand, and successfully marketing yourself to stand out to employers. Similar to the course materials, they are always looking for ways to improve and give their graduates an edge in the job market.
    -The community of students, alumni, instructors, and Juno staff is super friendly, welcoming, inclusive, and all-around great. I made so many new friends!

Three weeks into my bootcamp, COVID-19 struck and all Ontario schools closed. Initially Juno proposed that we immediately continue classes remotely, but there was backlash from many of my classmates who had concerns about the quality of a remote bootcamp and their ability to take part from home. Juno listened to this feedback and decided to pause bootcamp for three weeks, hoping that the crisis would blow over by then. Unfortunately the pandemic situation worsened, but over the three week break Juno prepared a seamless transition to remote learning, and have since made significant accommodations to do right by their students. The three weeks also gave us as students more time to prepare for the new reality. This is just one example of how accommodating Juno is, how they can nimbly make changes and improvements when necessary, and how they always put their students first!

My last day of bootcamp was May 15th 2020, and in July of 2020 I was hired as a Front-End Developer at Greenpeace Canada! It speaks volumes that Juno College was able to help me achieve this even during a pandemic, and I am forever grateful. I look forward to taking more courses at Juno as I continue to level up my skills :)
  • Vanessa  User Photo
    Vanessa • Student Verified via GitHub
    I just completed Juno's 2 week Accel Web development course and as challenging as it was for a code newbie, it has been extremely rewarding. The environment online was extremely inclusive and I felt welcomed from day 1 of the program. The instructors laid a great foundation and despite having zero knowledge of coding it did not hinder me.

2 weeks ago I was learning about the internet and basic HTML and now I can somewhat successfully create a responsive web page! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to do something so "techy". Every master was once a beginner and I had an amazing experience at Juno College. I look forward to taking another course with them.
  • Negin Sauermann  User Photo
    Negin Sauermann • Front-end developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took the Web Development Immersive bootcamp for cohort Fall 2019. I graduated end of December and landed a job as a front-end developer early February. But it wasn't easy and the job hunt was arguably the hardest and most demoralizing aspect of the experience. I worked my BUTT off during the bootcamp but the job search was still rough. The junior dev market is saturated and the competition is nuts. However, the instructors, faculty and alumni were so supportive and helped prepare and push me for that grueling job search. I don't think I would've gotten a job if it weren't for them. Special shoutouts to:

Chi-Chi who was so supportive in both helping me fix my terrible and very long cover letters, practice interviewing and gaining the confidence I needed, and was also there for me when I just needed to vent.

Asaf and Simon were amazing instructors and made every class engaging and full of laughter. Suzette is the sweetest and the way she teaches is so easy to follow. There was never I time I felt too scared to ask a question. I felt like every instructor that taught me genuinely loved teaching and that made those long days (hello React) so much easier. I could go on about the rest of the faculty but I truly think the community Heather is fostering at Juno is amazing and so genuine.

My one small complaint is I wish we spent more time during the bootcamp on vanilla JavaScript or had a project incorporate vanilla js as oppose to the 2 weeks of HTML&CSS review. Beyond bootcamp helped bridge that knowledge gap and I learned so much from Simon but the attendance of beyond bootcamp started to dwindle - maybe because of the hours or the fact that it's occuring during the job hunt, I'm not sure. :( Incorporating what we learned in beyond into the main bootcamp might be something to explore! Also renovations at the end of our cohort was a bit inconvenient because we didn't have a common space to job hunt together, but I think renovations are about to be over.
  • Alexandra Lim  User Photo
    Alexandra Lim • Student Verified via GitHub

My experience at HackerYou has been very positive. I've taken two of their part time courses (Web Development and JavaScript) and am currently enrolled in their Web Immersive bootcamp.

I've found the instructors and mentors to be very helpful and informative, and the course material presented in a very fun and engaging manner. The HY community itself is very inclusive and supportive. They have a great alumni network and it's exciting to see that alumni want to come back to support students by mentoring and volunteering their time.

A few things I love about bootcamp so far: it's not only about coding. They truly care about your well-being and want to see you succeed. Each bootcamp student is paired with a bootcamp buddy (a previous bootcamp graduate volunteering their time) to provide you with any support you may need. Each week there's Salad Club so at least we're eating some vegetables during these intense 9 weeks. JavaScript weeks are taught in smaller groups to ensure the material is being understood. Real world experiences and tips are constantly being shared.

I cannot recommend HackerYou enough!

• Claire Valant  User Photo
    Claire Valant • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Fresh out of university with a physics degree, I went back to work at Home Depot for over two years. Without a Masters or a PhD, it would've been tough finding a job that interested me. I hated the thought of going back to school for years, needing to take electives I didn't want to take, worrying about my average, and buying more textbooks.

HackerYou was the solution I needed. I took the part-time web development fundamentals course, which fit my retail store schedule, and then quit my job when I got into the bootcamp. Just a month and a half out of bootcamp I got a fantastic job as a web developer.

At HackerYou we learned industry-relevant languages, best practices, and tools that I use at my job every day. Even since my cohort ended in January, HackerYou has updated its curriculum with the most popular Javascript topics and latest tools for accessibility.

I loved that there was no massive lecture hall, no old professor teaching an outdated curriculum, and no competitive atmosphere. This school is welcoming and fun, something I didn't think could help me learn as much as I did. The instructors and mentors are top notch: they are as committed to every student's learning are they are their well-being. They will push you to do your best, but make sure you're taking care of yourself.

I also made amazing friends and invaluable connections all over the tech scene in Toronto from HackerYou's extensive network of alumni (who remain heavily involved in the HackerYou community - that says something).

My team at work is 100% HackerYou graduates and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I literally owe my career to this school, and highly recommend even trying out a free workshop just to see what it's like!!

• Annie Liew  User Photo
    Annie Liew • Front-End Developer | Multidisciplinary Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I started with a promising career; working as a Multidisciplinary Web & Graphic Designer in Australia and England for solid companies. But the travel bug got the better of me and I then spent 6 years in Japan teaching English. When I moved to Canada and tried to jump back into design, the fact that I was brand new in the city and had been out of the industry for so long, made getting work a Herculean task. After some soul searching, I knew I needed to skill up. I spent no small amount of time looking into further education options.

Although I’d initially wanted to move into UX design, the positive reviews on community and support at HackerYou won me over. I wanted a course that got you a job and after attending info nights and free workshops all over the city, I found HackerYou extremely welcoming and personable. The large number of women made it very inclusive and I also appreciated that they had a process in place that didn’t just accept EVERYONE. I believe environment plays a huge part in success and in that respect, anyone I studied with would be passionate and committed. The common thread after speaking to numerous alumni was, “Do it. You won’t regret it.”

It wasn’t an easy decision… huge financial commitment! But when I finally bit the bullet for the Part-Time Web Dev course, my instructor, (former HY grad & instructor, now Shopify superstar, Sylvia Nguyen) made it so much fun that I fell in love with something I once saw as a necessary evil part of the job. I’m not completely new to coding as my work in web saw me designing & building websites for clients, but I have absolutely no regrets taking Web Dev Fundamentals as well as Advanced. I upgraded my outdated knowledge and learnt current industry best practices that made me excited about the future of code.

I applied for the Immersive course, not really thinking I’d get in because it was sooo competitive. Then I got the call that I was accepted! Honestly, I wouldn’t have passed the tech challenge had I not taken Part-Time before. Doing part-time also gave me confidence in the teaching style, curriculum and quality of instructors.

Bootcamp was no walk in the park; sleepless nights were the norm and JavaScript was an exercise in picking yourself up again and again. But the support was there: The bootcamp team were beyond encouraging and there were games, extra-curricular help, stand ups and weekly salad clubs to look forward to. Not to mention, my cohort was the absolute best, kindest, most wonderful group of humans EVER.

My review ends happily as two weeks after graduating, I got an offer from an agency and started work the week after. At the time of review, I’m still at Beyond Bootcamp and learning advanced JavaScript from yet ANOTHER amazing instructor. The curriculum and school work hard to get you employed. But you have to be proactive as well.

Attending this school was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. HackerYou gave me more than just my first job in tech as a developer. I also gained a family, a community and a future that I’m really excited about!

• Jesse Steckley  User Photo
    Jesse Steckley • Membership Department Assistant for the CCAB • Verified via LinkedIn

I recommend this course, I learned html and css and had a great time. If you are interested in coding, this is the place to be.

• Adrian Dixon  User Photo
    Adrian Dixon • Web Developer • Verified via LinkedIn

Taking this class has really helped me to catch up on the Java side of development along with learning React which was something I've been wanting to do for awhile but didn't get around to it. The lecturers know what they're teaching and wouldn't hesitate to assist if I fall behind at anytime. I would definitely recommend HackerYou/Juno College to anyone who either wants to brush up on their skills/learn something new that will benefit them in the future. I wish all the best to the team as well as the classmates who took the course with me. Cheers - and remember, mongoose is not a bird!

• Phenomenal
    - 7/30/2019
    Emma  User Photo
    Emma • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I took the Web Development Immersive class with Wes Bos and it was one of the most beneficial and rewarding learning experiences I could have asked for. The class was incredibly hands-on and the amount of information I learned and was able to apply immediately was staggering. I'm returning for more courses in the coming weeks and can't wait to dive back into their classroom.

• Ella  User Photo
    Ella • Product Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Ricardo was my instructor in the summer of 2018. His classes were so well put together. He's got a great blend of personal stories, examples, and class participation. Every student was engaged throughout the entire class. I found that this course was a great intro to the fundamentals. One thing to note is that the course is heavily focused on staying problem oriented vs. solution oriented—meaning you try to do as much research and investigation before deciding what the answer to your problem will be. There is not a lot of focus on visual design in the course, more on building on the ideas your are coming up with for your projects. The work environment was good there, it was fairly relaxed. It's up to you to make the most of it.

• Janel Lucia  User Photo
    Janel Lucia • Product (UX/UI) Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended Hacker You's Full-time front end Bootcamp AND the UX Design class. I learned so much from both courses and was propelled into my career in tech. The UX course with Ricardo gave me the foundations I needed to break into a UX design role, I still reference my notes from the course. Ricardo is an amazing instructor and is super supportive in helping you formulate your ideas and execute them in a professional manner.

Would I recommend Hacker You to others? Most definitely, Yes!!!! Before attending each course I did a ton of research and what attracted me to HY both times was their dedication to diversity and inclusion and not to mention Hack You is a female-founded college.

Not only are the courses extremely informative but the community is extremely supportive and I would pay the course amount for the slack channel alone. Totally worth the value.
  • Roberto Meech  User Photo
    Roberto Meech • Front-End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was at a crossroads in my life when I heard about HackerYou. Fresh after writing the LSAT, I was struggling trying to figure out if that was the right path for me. After a few months of contemplation, I realized that if I was ever going to make a leap of faith into a different field, it had to be then. I started researching the best web-dev programs in Canada, and I narrowed it down to a few before I spoke to a friend and HackerYou alum. She told me about her experience and about how Heather personally motivates you and helps you find your first position after the program. It sounded way too good to be true.

Once I submitted my initial application for the web-dev immersive program, I was told that it would be a great idea to take the part-time course first. A little snag in my plans seeing as how I lived in Ottawa, but it made complete sense and would prepare me/give me a better chance at acceptance.

So I made the leap of faith. I signed a six-month sublease in Toronto with only one plan in mind – to take the part time course from January to April, and then the immersive course from April to June.

The part-time course has to be the best way to dip your feet into the field. The full-time immersive program felt like a summer camp. We all felt like we were in it together and wanted to see each other succeed. In both programs, the instructors were among the best I’ve come across in my academic career. They are so patient, supportive, and talented. The exact same goes for the staff (including Dug) at HackerYou. Everyone greets you with a smile and makes you feel like part of the family.

Fast-forward one year from when I made this decision – I met an incredibly talented and supportive community, I’ve made lifelong friendships, and I am genuinely happy on Sunday nights. I look forward to the work I do. HackerYou not only teaches you hard skills, but a mindset that you can learn anything. I can’t really put into words how strongly I’d recommend HackerYou as a place to learn web development, as it was easily one of the best decisions I’ve made.