juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Juno College of Technology offers a 9-week, full-time web development immersive, and an 8-week, part-time web development course in Toronto, Canada. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses are Web Development Fundamentals & Advanced Web Development, JavaScript Fundamentals & Advanced JavaScript, UX Fundamentals & Advanced UX, and a Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. The programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development programs, students have a great website and portfolio, and the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (208) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (6) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Custom Theme Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our Custom Theme Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • Data Foundations

LocationToronto
    Data Foundations is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Foundations brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level-up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
  • Raven Shields • Student

I am just finishing up the part-time Web Development and I had such a positive experience. I came to HackerYou with essentially no coding experience and I know feel like I have been given a tiny key that basically unlocks the internet!

The instructor Jazzmin VanGeel was an excellent source of information and real world experience from the world of web dev. She was patient and took the time to try and answer every single question. The teaching assistants Melissa and Jaime were also super supportive and ready to help every step of the way.

The lessons are easy to understand and the class is packed with resources that I intend to keep practicing with on my own, even after the class  is done.

I would totally recommend HackerYou! I'll be back for sure :)

Raven

• Jung-Hee Ban

I am finishing up the Part-time Web-development course at HackerYou (2018). It's really great experience to learn web development at HackerYou. The instructor Jazz is awesome to explain event hard concepts, always with some humours. I also love the way they run the classes: great materials, mentors are super helpful and using tool like basecamp & slack. All together it becomes one of my best learning experience. Highly recommended. Cheers!

• Thank you!
    - 4/28/2018
    sophia wang • Student

I just completed the Part-time Web-development course at HackerYou (2018). I thoroughly enjoyed the classes and learnt so much about web-development and coding in these few months than I did in my 3 years of college studying computer science! Jazz is an amazing instructor! She explains even the hardest concept with ease and in detail. And, it also helps that all the instructors are so knowledgeable, energetic and positive! Once you enter the class you know that you will be learning something exciting. Thank you Jazz, Melissa, and Jamie for all your help and patience!

• Eric • Graduate

I took the winter 2018 winter part-time web development class with Jazz and I can confidently say I am 100% satisfied with my decision in taking the course at HackerYou!
    - Content: up to date with the industry and they are always refining their curriculum – in fact, before our final class there was a last minute addition to teach something new and exciting in the developer world with CSS Grids (we were the first guinea pig class) for something they may want to include in future classes.
    - Instruction: Concepts were easy to follow along and you are able to build upon the knowledge previously acquired class-after-class with a ton of in class code-alongs and applying the knowledge through in-class exercises and multiple projects over the course of 12 weeks. The best experiences were introductions of tools that would change how we approached writing code or improved our workflow. Lots of tips and tricks and online resources! The instructor and mentors were always there when you were in a rut and proactively checked in on you to see how you were doing.
    - Community: Ultimately what led me to choose HackerYou. Heard many things about the kind of environment HY prides itself in and I can say this is very much true! Many if not all (to my knowledge) of the instructors and mentors are past alumni students that have gone through the same program. They have a very active alumni community and its encouraged to reach out to alumni for questions which I did, and found them to be very approachable for questions or any kind of support. This is super important should you pursue something further into web development.
    Overall would definitely recommend this course to anyone who always had an interest in improving their ‘digital skills’ and a starting point into a web development career.

• Christopher Arsenault • Student

I just recently finished taking the Part Time Web Development program at HackerYou and I must say, I am extremely pleased with the experience I had. I am 35, married with two little ones and I had been looking to change career paths for a little bit, having been in my past position for 9 years and not seeing myself going any further in it. I have a bit of self-taught web design / development experience and some programming experience from college but never took a serious pursuit to web development.

When I decided on a career change, I came back to the desire to pursue web development and began with some online courses and reading some books, but felt that I wasn’t making the progression I had hoped. After doing some research about programs to take, I came across HackerYou and was intrigued by the programs they offered and what they stood for. After reading all the reviews I could find, highly touting the programs and the instructors, I decided to start out by taking their Part Time program first. I am extremely pleased with that decision.

The instructors and staff at HackerYou are all extremely knowledgable, friendly and helpful, many (if not all) were also former students here themselves. The program was very well laid out, spending ample time on each topic to ensure that the class was able to grasp the concepts. I especially love the ratio of instructors to students, ensuring that the students were able to get their questions answered and the help they need, while still continuing on with the lesson.

The team at HackerYou also does a very good job of ensuring that their course material is continually updated, so that the programs don’t feel old and stale and that you are always learning relevant material. I am extremely looking forward to applying to the Full Time Bootcamp coming up this summer (and maybe also the Javascript program down the line as well). I am eager to expand on what I have learned so far and excited to continue fuel the fire that has been lit under me at HackerYou.

• 10/10
    - 4/24/2018
    Carolyn • Front End Developer • Graduate

I previously worked in the book publishing industry which I loved, but I knew for a long time that when I was ready for a change that I wanted to work in web development. I knew I wanted to go to HackerYou because I had heard so many good things about the community there, and I really respected the way it had evolved from Ladies Learning Code. I had taken some two-day workshops there and loved the experience. When my family and I decided we were ready for me to take the plunge, I did some more research comparing HY to other bootcamps in Toronto, which only cemented my decision.

The most difficult part about the career change for me was that I have a young family at home. The workload in the bootcamp is very heavy, and I needed a ton of support from my husband and my family in order to be able to tackle it. Outside of class, I needed all my evenings and weekends for homework. The fact that the course is nine weeks long made this achievable for all of us because there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and not a moment of those nine weeks were wasted which made it all feel worthwhile.

It's amazing how much you can learn in two-months with the right support system. Throughout the course I was really impressed by how much care and attention went into every detail. As we were learning the instructors would make notes as they went. After ever cohort they take weeks to re-evaluate and iterate on the course, and they're constantly updating the curriculum to ensure HY grads are on the cutting edge, so that the class I took was different than the class my friend took a few months before me, and different than the one another friend is taking now. You really have the feeling of being part of a well-oiled machine, but also on the edge of something new.

There are layers and layers of mentorship built in. The staff and instructors and fellow students are all wonderful, but there's also a huge component of alumni mentorship and involvement which I think really speaks to what HackerYou get's right. The students in my cohort came from all different industries and backgrounds, with different strength and challenges, and HY really created an environment in which we all could thrive. We became very close as well.

In addition to the really supportive class environment, there's a support system upon graduation as well. I've never seen anything like the program they have in place to help students get work out of the bootcamp. I was lucky enough to get my dream-job right out of school, thanks to a connection I made in the HackerYou-organized networking event.

And now that HY's been in action for some time, it's getting a reputation built on the quality and success of it's grads. I really felt it opened a lot of doors for me. 10/10. I'd do it again.

• Jules Carney • programmer analyst • Graduate

I’ve been working as a developer in telecommunications for the past several years, but am learning new skills to transition into web development. The HackerYou Full-Stack course has been an ideal journey through the ins and outs of a modern web stack. It takes students from the front-end, to the back-end, to the database, and explains the roles of and coordination among various parts of an app. Along the way it covers up-to-date best practices, options for tools, and fundamentals such as computer science concepts and clean coding practices. The course manages to get across a breadth and depth of knowledge far beyond what I would have thought possible in nine weeks of part-time.

HackerYou is also a wonderful community and supportive learning environment. The teachers and mentors have a deep understanding of their craft and communicate the material with clarity, charisma and humour. The staff, students, and partners of HackerYou always seem happy to help each other learn. I’m applying what I’ve learned at my time here to my current job and in my job search, and feel that I’ve really leveled up as a developer as a result of the course. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience, and I won’t be surprised if I find myself taking another course or workshop here in the near future.

• Regina

I have taken Web Development, Winter 2018, which is a part-time course of six-hour lectures each Saturday, running for 3 months.

I based my school choice on the reddit posts about programming academies around Toronto and on CourseReport reviews. Hackeryou got the most glowing reviews.

The school occupies a bright open-space floor in downtown Toronto. The location has study area, classrooms and a kitchen, so it is possible to bring lunch. The space is very inviting and reminiscent of a sunny airy café, rather than a school.

Every lesson has a main instructor and two mentors present so each student get enough attention to have their questions answered. The instructor and mentors were very supportive and available either during class or online to answer any queries. Teaching staff are all employed in the programming industry so they speak from the most current experience, which is a big plus.

The projects are mostly recreating existing website mock-ups, which is a great way to apply the skills learned right away.

• Web Design
    - 4/22/2018
    Richard Howard • Economist • Student

Highly recommend this course.

I was very impressed by this part time web design course at hackeryou in Toronto.  It was well taught, and had a good mix of high level overview with detail that was necessary to learn how to do basic web design using HTML and CSS.  Let me put it to you this way -- I am 53 years old and starting working with computers when they ran on magnetic tapes... this course was so useful that when my 25 year old nephew came over one day he was like "what dude, you know this stuff?".  It is also useful because as a guy who works doing projects that often involve systems, it is interesting to see how complex this stuff can be.

• Melanie P • Web Developer • Graduate

I spent 12 years in logistics & distribution. But in the last few years, after attending a few workshops and conferences, an itch to pursue coding led me to study it in my spare time.

Self-discipline allowed me to develop the skills needed to get accepted into the full-time HackerYou bootcamp. In late 2017, I decided to leave my stable career to pursue this new and unknown path that I was so passionate about.

I was really nervous before starting this program, constantly wondering if I made the right choice. The timing in my personal life wasn’t ideal and I knew that commuting from Hamilton every day for 9 weeks was going to be challenging. I was also worried that I was too old or that I wouldn’t relate to others in the program. I was also concerned that I would never be able to find a job.

It was 9 weeks of 13-14 hour days, but in the end, the right choice. The days didn’t feel long at all because I enjoyed what I was learning and doing. I can also say that I made a lot of solid friendships, and that all the folks in my cohort were wonderful to learn with and spend time with every day.

The learning environment at HackerYou is mega supportive. There is always someone willing to help you whether it’s an instructor, administrator, peer or even alumni. And while I love all the instructors, Ryan Christiani is one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. His ability to look at what you’re doing (even if it isn’t the way he would do it) and guide you through next steps makes him truly awesome at his job.

I don’t regret leaving my job to attend HackerYou. The personal challenges and the doubts I had going into the program seem silly to me now. I’ve been done the program for about a month, and start my first job as a Web Developer next week. Thanks HackerYou! :)

• Tevin Pilgrim

I have recently just completed the Winter 2018, Part-time Web Development Course and it left me wanting to do more. HackerYou is one of the best schools I’ve been to. It is a very accepting environment. It’s hard to find a place that greets you with a smile every time you walk in but HackerYou one of those places. The teachers and mentors are all a pleasure to be around. They are all quick to help with problems with either a smile or a joke.This creates a great atmosphere to be in and exciting to stay almst like a second home.

The course projects are a lot of fun and have a way of pushing you to your best. Unlike other institutions you do not receive a mark but that feeling of accomplishment when you finish the project, knowing that you pushed yourself and gave your best effort. Project 3 is where you get full control of the development of the page. I can say that I have learned alot through the trial and error.

• Tevin Pilgrim