juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Juno College of Technology offers a 9-week, full-time web development immersive, and an 8-week, part-time web development course in Toronto, Canada. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses are Web Development Fundamentals & Advanced Web Development, JavaScript Fundamentals & Advanced JavaScript, UX Fundamentals & Advanced UX, and a Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. The programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development programs, students have a great website and portfolio, and the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (207) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (5) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Custom Theme Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our Custom Theme Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • Data Foundations

LocationToronto
    Data Foundations is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Foundations brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level-up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.

• I ❤️ HY
    - 2/15/2017
    Christina Gooyers • Front-End Developer • Graduate

I came to HackerYou after  working in retail sales and taking a web development course at Conestoga College. I needed more knowledge to fill in the gaps from my education at Conestoga if I wanted to get a job as a dev and the front-end bootcamp did that and then some. The cirriculum was able to get me skills to a beginner level where I could actually find woek! Not only that, but the HY community is full of amazing people, I made some life-long friends and wonder resources. I can't praise them enough, they changed my life ❤️

• Amanda M • Software Developer • Graduate

I took both the part-time web development in early 2015, and liked it so much that I decided to enroll in the immersive web development bootcamp later that year. I was lucky to have Ryan Christiani as my instructor for both courses. He was a great person to learn from - he's an engaging speaker and extremely knowledgable. I received a ton of support from the mentors in class, and from the HackerYou community in general. I was really nervous to quit my job, and take a chance switching my career, but I was given all of the tools and support necessary to find an entry-level position in the field. Within a month of finishing the course, I was employed full-time as a front-end developer at a digital agency. HackerYou equipped me with the skills I need to get my career started. I am now working as a software developer -- something I would never be doing without the support of HackerYou.

• Yaa • WordPress Developer • Graduate

The part-time courses at Hacker You offer a FANTASTIC education at a more relaxed pace than the bootcamp. The quality of learning is the same - which is really encouraging. I took the Web Dev and WordPress courses part-time and loved the learning. The course work had us preparing real portoflio pieces that we could use later on. From PSD to HTML conversions to creating custom WordPress themes - we did it. I still use those skills today. I went to Hacker You to learn about the web and tech and I came out with a real sense of joy for what I do. I was working in the non-profit sector and took the leap into tech. Without the positive environment and excellent teachers, I don't think I would be where I am today. I am working in a fantastic organization that is equalizing tech and I work as an independent WordPress developer. To go from very little knowledge to working for myself in under a year was pretty phenomenal.

• Tom Haxell • Graduate

I've taken two courses at HackerYou - the part-time web development program (Intro and Advanced Web Development - Spring and Summer 2015) and the full-time 9-week immersive bootcamp (Fall 2015). I can honestly say it was life changing.

First, was the part-time course. It was twice a week after work from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. This is a great course for people who are interested in web development and looking for a starting point. The instructors take you from the basics of web development to more advanced concepts all while having fun. This isn't a typical 150 person universtiy lecture-style learning environment. These are small classes where the people know you and your work. This is a place where you learn by doing. After doing most of the part-time course I was so excited about where it could lead that I jumped over to the full-time bootcamp.

The best way to learn a language is to fully immersive yourself into it. Doing this forces you to practice again and again, and again - this is the HackerYou bootcamp. The instructors are brilliant, smart, kind and they care about you succeeding. You go in and you learn how to be a front-end developer. You learn how to learn. Each week we made a website. These websites became our portfolios and these portfolios got us work. It's intense. You go from zero to life-changing with blazing speed.

I recommend HackerYou to anyone who's thinking about going into web development.

• Ksenia • WordPress Developer • Student

HackerYou in an excellent coding school with a supportive community and amazing instructors. I took part time Intro to Web Development course in fall 2015 and absolutely loved it. Ryan Christiani taught with exceptional knowledge and enthusiasm and all projects were hands-on and explained step by step. I returned to HackerYou this summer for the Immersive Bootcamp program. HackerYou helped me to make a transition into a new career, I now work as a WordPress developer and really enjoy it. The curriculum changes to keep up with new technologies and standards and provides students essential skills for current jobs in tech, you are never stuck learning something that you will not need. With many new part-time courses added, new students and past grads alike are returning to learn more.

• Jaime B • Student

I completed the Intro & Advanced Web Development part-time course (with Wes) in 2014 and loved it.

The course was up to date with industry best practices and extremely hands on. I walked away with a number of projects to start a portfolio.

The community is very friendly, inclusive and supportive. The team behind HackerYou is eager to see each person succeed and willing to help much beyond the completion of a given course.

The cleanly designed HackerYou space is conveniently located at Queen and Spadina.

• Thanks HackerYou!
    - 2/14/2017
    Clare Prowse • Associate Front-End Developer • Student

I was part of HackerYou's Front-End Bootcamp Immersive in Winter of 2016, and also took the JavaScript course that Spring.

The Bootcamp was the second vocational training course I had taken, and while the structure was similar to the other course (focus on hands-on, project-based learning, which I love), the atmosphere at HackerYou made my experience there far more valuable and enjoyable. HackerYou places a huge emphasis on having students work WITH classmates to solve problems and acquire skills.The focus on teamwork, collaboration, and positive reinforcement among peers was instrumental in ensuring that everyone in the class was successful, and left the course excited about the career on which they were about to embark.  There is an amazing network of instructors, alumni, and school admin at your disposal, ready to help you with any challenges you face, be they while you are on your course, or after you finish. The skills I learned at HackerYou, and the support I received from the school community and adminstration, helped me to land a job at AKQA San Francisco, where I currently work as an Associate Front-End Developer.

I am so grateful to Heather and the entire HY team and community for preparing me so well for my new career! I would 100% recommend the courses at HackerYou to anyone who is hoping to build skills in the field of internet and technology.

• Rose • Front-End Developer • Graduate

I've been lucky enough to attend multiple courses at HackerYou in the past year. I took part-time Web Dev, jumped into Bootcamp, and am now leveling up my skills with part-time Full Stack. I took the Part Time web dev with no more expectation than to learn something new and improve my technical literacy, but I soon realized I had stumbled into something really special, and had found a community and career path that completely changed my life. Bootcamp is an intense but also intensely rewarding experience. In my experience, most people finish feeling proud and a bit surprised at exactly how much you can accomplish in 9 weeks with hard work and a lot of support. I feel that the robust alumni community really sets HackerYou apart--it's a welcoming and inclusive community, where people are so generous with their time and their experience (and the networking opportunities are endless!). Development is a career that requires continuous learning, but the HY curriculum more than prepared me for my first dev job. The classes revolve around best practices and most current technologies, and are taught by approachable, experienced and talented developers who have real-world experience and can teach you the practical skills required to become a great dev. The learning and support didn't end when I graduated, and HY staff were with me every step of the way as I hunted for my first job and started my career as a developer. Starting this journey with HackerYou was one of the best decisions I ever made! I would strongly recommend this school for anyone looking to improve their skills or switch careers.

• Nicole

I had a great educational experience at HackerYou. I started Jan 2016 in the Intro to Web Development with Ann. The class was amazing; I learned so much and had a great time. Its been almost a year and I still reference my lessons as useful resources. As a graphic designer, I am confident to call myself a Web Designer as well thanks to HackerYou. I wish I could take more classes, however the prices are a bit high. I would recommend this institution to anyone who can afford it - it is worth the price!

• Jen Taylor • UI Developer • Graduate

I took the Intro to Front-End Web Development, Advanced Web Development, and Front-End Development Bootcamp at HackerYou. I cannot recommend this school enough. The curriculum equipped me with the skills and portfolio I needed to hit the ground running in my first Front-End Development job. In addition to a fantastic curriculum that is always adjusting to reflect the industry, HackerYou is home to an amazing community. HackerYou's staff and instructors are fantastic and are very supportive both during and after the program. The alumni are also incredible - offering technical help through the active Slack community, and creating an inclusive atmosphere that encourages ongoing learning. I would absolutely recommend HackerYou to anyone looking to level-up their skill set or switch careers.

• Highly Recommended
    - 2/14/2017
    Elly Pham • Project Manager/Front End Web Developer • Graduate

I completed the HackerYou Bootcamp course in November 2015 (Cohort 8! Whoo hoo).  Working as a Marketing and Project Manager professional in the digital space for some time, I've always had an interest in learning to code.  I had this itch to get my hands dirty in coding and getting a more solid understanding of digital.  If you're looking for a complete career switch, this bootcamp course is for you.  If you're a professional looking to have a better understanding of digital scope of work, this bootcamp course is for you as well.  HackerYou is stacked with great, cheerful, positive and helpful instructors.  All questions are answered and you get unlimited help during work hours. The atmosphere and vibe at the lab is awesome.  HackerYou also has a great community to network with people and continue to receive help from others once you're done the course.  I am now currently working as a Digital Project Manager/Front-End Web Developer at a Tech Start-Up.  I love where I ended up after the course, it made me a better Digital Project Manager and equipped me with the skills to be able to code in the role as well.  Oh, and I also freelance as well :)

• Jordyn Marcellus • Team Lead, Front-End Development • Graduate

HackerYou has best-in-class front-end developer education -- a major difference between many educational institutions that reside in the same space.

Not only did I learn progressive techniques for building the web there, but I am constantly returning to bootcamp show and tells to see these brilliant web developers exploring the future of the web.

I learned a ton in the bootcamp, but the real joy is learning more and more from the new generation of web developers who come up through the bootcamp. It's inpsiring, amazing and heartening.

HackerYou changed my life. Yeah, that's cliche -- but it's true. Heather's help with getting a job plus the supportive alumni community really makes the difference.

• Trevor Stone • Graduate

I recently completed the Front-End dev intensive boot camp at HackerYou. At the time I was a teacher and was wanting to upgrade my skills and change carreers. It was an extremely exciting time for me as I moved from Kingston Ontario back to Toronto for the summer while my family stayed home.  The school itself had a great location, a great facility and a great communitiy. From day one Heather Payne was extremely invested in my interest in the course and making sure it was the right decision for me as I was coming from Kingston Ontario and the front end scene isnt quite as big in Kingston as it is in Toronto. I equate my expereince at HackerYou to summer camp. The staff were both extremely knowledgable and made the expereince fantastic. The focus on bonding with fellow classmates was high up on the list with learning a mass aount of new skills (this was important as often times we would be at the facilty until 2 or 3 in the morning working on projects). The content was delieved in a easily digestable format and the main instructor (Simon Bloom) had the perfect mix of teachablity and humour. You could really the staff loved working there, but that they all also walked the walk and were working professionals in the field! The course offered some very interesting opportunities which included building a polished portfolio, extra curricular workshops from local specialists and several opportunities to share the love for code by volunteering with Lades Learning Code (which I have taken back to Kingston and instructed several workshops at the local chapter).  I am now currently working for Queens university. My background in teaching and my new skill in coding has landed me a fantastic position working for the Medical Education unit where we are leading the world in building software for the new medical education curriculum. ​

• Just do it!
    - 2/13/2017
    Anya C. • Graduate

I wanted to be a web developer, and had signed up for a three-year stint of night classes at a local college to achieve my dream. By some divine providence, I was put in contact with someone who told me about HackerYou. Instead of toiling after work for three years, I was working as a developer within three months after completing the full-time Bootcamp.

Yes, it's expensive, but I now make $10,000 more per year than I did before, so it's a good investment.

Plus, it's such a friendly environment that you can't help but love it. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and helpful that you almost suspect they're evil robots with a secret agenda. If they are, though, I'm cool with it.

Once I'd completed the bootcamp, my husband decided to take the plunge, too, and our lives are so much better now that it's astonishing to remember how fast this all happened.

Stop wallowing in mediocrity. If you're committed to being a developer, you can't make a better move. Just do it!

• Danielle Webb • Student

I started my journey with HackerYou back in the fall of 2012 and their first part-time web development class. I've since gone on to take a number of other classes with them, including the full-time bootcamp in winter 2014. Not only did I receive a supportive education that led me to landing my dream job as an interactive news developer, I've personally witnessed HackerYou's steadfast commitment to teaching industry best practices and providing a quality technical education. They have never hesitated to adapt their curriculum or course offering in order to position their students for success. If you're looking to make the switch to front-end development, HackerYou is the place in Toronto to learn that skill.

• Leandra S • Interface Developer • Graduate

I took the bootcamp in the fall of 2016, and previously to that, I took the part time intro and advanced into HTML and CSS at HackerYou. I found the instructors to be very knowledgable and approachable. Now a few weeks later I have my dream job as a Interface Developer, with a great group of supportive people. I also have friends for life from HackerYou, and a bunch of amazing experiences both in and out of the classroom.

• Sara B • UX / UI Designer • Graduate

I attended HackerYou's full time web development immersive program in September of 2016. It was one of the best learning experiences I've ever had—the program is top-notch, and the actual skills you learn in 9 weeks feels pretty insane once you're finished. I had a lot of "did I actually build that?!" moments when looking through my portfolio, and find it amazing that I can sit down and open up my text editor and start writing code that 4 months ago made zero sense to me. I've even taught a Ladies Learning Code workshop! And felt totally comfortable and knowledgeable while doing so, like I'd been doing this for years, not months.

But the best part of the program, aside from the top-notch curriculum and great instructors, was the community. I made some great friends in the program, and experienced the least competitive, most heart-warmingly kind and helpful community I've ever encountered in a learning environment. There were exactly zero egos in my cohort, and a genuine passion for helping others was expressed by everyone. That kind of community doesn't come easily—it definitely helps that the CEO personally interviews every single applicant to the program. She knows how to pick a great group, and it accelerated everyone's learning to have a community that supported, challenged, and genuniely liked one another.

On top of all that, I loved how female-friendly the program was. From having female instructors alongside male ones, to a 2-1 ratio of female to male students, it was an incredibly comfortable atmosphere for women to learn something that's still pretty male-dominated. I never once felt uncomfortable or like anyone there felt I was less able to learn or understand something because of my gender (a feeling I have felt many times in my life). Women in tech was something celebrated by everyone, and that was really cool.

• Noah Endale • Front End Developer • Graduate

I took the full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp in the summer of 2016 and have been working as a front end developer for about 3 months now.

It was definitely the most challenging thing I've put myself through and isn't for the faint of heart. That being said, it was also the most enjoyable learning experience I've ever had. The instructors and mentors did a great job of guiding us as we learned the basics of web development and then helped us solve problems on our own as we approached the end of the program.

The community is also filled with alumni (myself included) who are itching to help students out with technical questions and general support. On top of that, I got a full-time job in a month and a half and made some great friends so it was well worth the time and money.

• Laura Culham • Front-end Web Developer • Graduate

The best and most supportive community. HackerYou will challenge you to push yourself further than you ever could alone. I've taken the intro and advanced part-time HTML & CSS classes, and went on to do the full-time immersive front end web development bootcamp in January 2016. The genuine excitement and passion of my instructors and mentors has been a huge part of my growth as a developer. On top of being experts, they are fired up, and want to help you grow. They give you the skills to keep yourself going on a path of learning for the rest of your life. I’ve been working as a developer for nearly a year, and I love my career. <3

• Colin D'Amelio • Web Developer • Graduate

My enrollment in HackerYou's immersive Bootcamp has been paramount in helping establish myself as an experienced Web Developer in Toronto. The contemporary curriculum and strong emphasis on modern and best practices provided a strong foundation to for me to enter the industry as a junior web developer at a competitive salary. In combination with the accessible alumni community and their mentorship, you have the opportunity to take the skills you've begun to develop and really excel in a new career in an exciting and evolving industry.

HackerYou has only continued to grow and demonstrate established success in the tech education community. The decision to enroll in a HackerYou program will only be met with success and excitement.

• Garrett Levine • Junior Front-End Software Developer • Student

I attended the HackerYou fulltime immersive in january of 2016. Three weeks after graduating the bootcamp I hand recieved a full time job in the industry as a Jr. Front-End Software Developer.

Before HackerYou I was a theatre maker/server. I had started teaching myself web development prior to the bootcamp, and when looking into all the coding schools in Toronto, HackerYou really stood out. Their curriculum is finely tuned for front-end developer, and because of this students will become strong in their skillset and have a strong foundation and understanding of front-end development.

The instructors at HackerYou work hard to make sure that every student leaves HackerYou with similar skill levels. They will take the time required for each individual student and make sure that not a single person gets left behind. They are such lovely, positive, and passionate educators - who want to see people succeed in the industry.

Once you complete the bootcamp, HackerYou does an excellent job training you to find a job. They work with you until you are employed, and make sure not to leave you feeling lost or not sure of what you should be doing next. There is always a clear path.

What I didn't expect, and what has been invaluable since graduating, is the alumni community involved with HackerYou. Even during the bootcamp the alumni are eager to help you succeed. After the bootcamp, that doesn't change. Once you are part of HackerYou, you are part of an amazing supportive community that just wants to see everyone succeed. The community is lively, helpful, and passionate about mentorship.

• Mandy T • Front End Developer @ TWG • Graduate

I took the very first Hacker You bootcamp and I cannot recommend this school any higher! The people are all amazing and so supportive. From the Hacker You staff, instructors, mentors, and alumni, everyone is there to help and support you throughout your journey into your new career. Even your fellow students have been well vetted and are all amazing people.

If you're looking to make a career change into the exciting world of Tech - this is the only school you should be considering. You will not regret going here and you will find employment upon your graduation. I have been continuously employed since the day I finished Hacker You and have recruiters consistently contacting me for the last 3 years as well.

• Anna • Front-End Developer • Student

HackerYou changed my life in such an incredible way. I came from a non-tech background (English Lit) and I can say with absolutely certainty that I was encouraged, challenged and taught so well that I was able to sign my contract with a company working as a developer while I was still in the bootcamp. I took the bootcamp in 2015 and have been working as a developer for 2 years.

It's not just that they teach you the skills but they teach you how to think about coding so that you can find your way in the real working world afterwards. Plus, the slack community is always there to answer your additional questions should you have them.

It's not just about the course, it's also about the community. The alumni who are always around to help with questions really makes the place stand apart from all the other bootcamps. Everyone from my cohort found a job and I still spend so much time with friends that I made while I was there. If you are considering taking a bootcamp, don't hesitate anymore. This is the place!

• Bootcamp
    - 2/1/2017
    Samantha • Graduate

I don't think I could possibly say enough great things about HackerYou - the programs, instructors, community and support far surpassed every expectation I had.

I initally took the part-time web development course, but after night one knew I would be applying to take the bootcamp and it was the best possible decision I think I've ever made. I was offered a job as a developer before even finishing the course based largely on the reputation HackerYou has made for itself within the development community. While it's hard work the instructors are always there for you, as are all of the past cohorts, and your own classmates. Everyone is rooting for you before, during and after the bootcamp, which I believe lends to both the school and the students success.

I have a new group of friends and colleagues, a sense of community and pride for that community, and have tripled my salary since completion of the bootcamp. If you're considering HackerYou - just jump, you won't regret it!

• Alex Coleman • Freelance dev • Graduate

The course is good. The instructor I had in 2016 (Wes Bos) is very knowledgable and an all-around nice guy. He has a good flow to the course with lots of code-alongs, examples, etc. The mentors that I had are also very helpful and know their stuff. Classroom size was around 30. The facilities at HY are nice as well.

While the course alone won’t make you a pro, it gives you a great learning base to start with, which gives you the ability to feel confident in moving forward on your own. As a freelancer, I’ve been applying it to WordPress based solutions (the WP REST API, leveraging browser storage and cookies for a sort-of temporary “shopping cart”, accessing APIs etc), and having fun with it by writing Twitterbots using nodeJS.

I decided to take this course plus the p/t WordPress course (also in 2016) as the evenings really fit my schedule.