juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Online, Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Founded in 2012 as HackerYou, Juno College of Technology is a post-graduate coding school that offers full-time and part-time Web Development, UX Design, and Data Analytics courses both live online and on campus in Toronto, Canada. Juno is dedicated to helping young people get ahead, and fosters an inclusive community of diverse learners. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills, like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses include JavaScript, UX Design, Data Analytics, Wordpress & Shopify Development, React, and Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. Juno’s programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development bootcamp, students have created a website and portfolio, and have in-demand and future-proof skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS. Juno College of Technology offers student-friendly payment options, such as Pay What You Can Income Share Agreements.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios. Juno graduates receive ongoing support from the Career Services Team to help graduates land a web developer position. Juno prides itself on its strong partnerships that have led to Juno graduates working with innovative companies around the world, from independent start-ups to big tech organizations. Juno also offers 2-week, accelerated Continuing Education courses for tech-savvy learners.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (225) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (7) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Data Analytics

Start Date September 07, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Data Analytics is an entry-level course designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Analytics brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
    September 07, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
    September 28, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp

Start Date October 12, 2021
    LocationToronto, Online
    Juno’s Data Analytics Bootcamp will help you make a career change into data, fast. With a unique blend of hands-on practice, project-based learning, and inclusive community-oriented classrooms, this intensive Live Online Bootcamp gives you the tools and support you need to launch a fulfilling career in this booming industry. Within 9 full-time weeks, you’ll solidify your fundamental data analysis skills, build lasting relationships with our community, and work closely with our Career Services Team to land your first data job.
    Tuition PlansWith Juno's Income Share Agreements, you can pay less upfront for your Bootcamp education, and only pay us back once you’re making at least $50,000 per year. Students approved for an ISA typically pay between $3,000 and $9,000 upfront.
    ScholarshipSuccessful Data Analytics Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Data Analytics course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Data Analytics Bootcamp will be required to pass a tech challenge using SQL and data visualization with Tableau, so you’ll need some data analytics experience to be eligible for the program.
    October 12, 2021 - Online Apply by October 05, 2021
  • Full-Stack Development

Express.js, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, React.js, Git, Node.js
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • React

React.js
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto, Online
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Bootcamp

JavaScript, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Git, Front End, React.js
    Start Date August 23, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccessful Web Development Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
    August 23, 2021 - Online Apply by August 16, 2021
    September 27, 2021 - Online Apply by September 20, 2021
    November 01, 2021 - Online Apply by October 25, 2021
  • WordPress & Shopify Development

Wordpress, HTML, Design, CSS
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Our WordPress & Shopify Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning how to build custom themes for in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients as a freelancer, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
  • Mikey • Student

I’m finishing up the Part-Time (Intro/Adv) Web Development course at HackerYou and would certainly recommend it to anyone who has considered diving into the web dev world!

What I can say is that the sense of community is undeniable at HackerYou. Our instructors and HY employees are industry professionals who create a welcoming environment for students who are willing to learn.

The classes themselves are fast paced, and certainly informative! However, I wouldn’t get overwhelmed. The class notes are extremely detailed which allow you to go back and review at anytime. The instructors/ mentors are so knowledgeable and supportive. They’ve done a fabulous job at teaching people with little to no coding experience. They’re also super accessible before/after class with any question or concerns. Seriously, I couldn’t give them enough credit if I tried!

The 3 course projects throughout the Part-time classes give you a platform to demonstrate your current skill set. Each project adds a new component that you have learned in class. This is a type of program that you will get what you put into it. In other words, be self motivated!

I plan to continue my learning and apply to the full time bootcamp. I’ve enjoyed web developing to a point where I’m fully committed to making a career change in my life. This is a leading industry in terms of culture and I’m exciting to be apart of it!

• Robyn

I took the part-time web development fundamentals and advanced web development course and had an amazing experience. I've wanted to start learning to code for a long time but didn't know where to start with online resources. The instructors at Hackeryou break down the curriculum and code along with you. It's the best classroom environment I've experienced - very open and encouraging. New concepts can sometimes be hard to digest but the great thing is they provide helpful notes that you'll always have access to and theres lots of in-class coding exercises for extra practise. I will hopefully be taking more classes! :)

• Shielarose Gandhi • Student

I'm just finishing up Part-Time Web Development and I have never been more excited about coding than I am now.

I was looking for a career change and I had no experience with coding prior HackerYou, but was interested in the Full-Time Bootcamp. After speaking with the Admissions Coordinator, he advised that I take the part-time course to have a good foundation before applying to the bootcamp. I decided on the Saturday classes since I was working full-time at the time. There are no classes during long weekends, so sometimes it's hard to recall what we previously learned, but working on our projects on our own between classes helped keep what we learned top-of-mind.

In terms of the material, I learned more in the first 5 classes that I thought I would learn the entire course. Some classes can be fast-paced and have a lot of information, but it's not a lecture-type lesson. You are constantly coding along with the instructor and there is always a mentor available to help. The code-alongs helped a lot when I wanted to look back on how to do certain things for my projects.

I started off with no experience at all and now I'm in the process of building my own website for my last project! It's crazy how much you can learn in such a small amount of time. The instructors/mentors are always available and willing to help. They also give constructive feedback to each student after each project so that they're able to better themselves for the next project. In addition to the course, the community is fantastic - everyone I've met at HackerYou is extremely friendly and welcoming.

Overall, I've very impressed with HackerYou and would recommend the part-time course to anyone who is curious about or wants to get into web development. I believe that I now have a strong foundation for front-end development and am excited to apply to the full-time bootcamp!

• Alissa • Graduate

**As a first note, I would highly recommend taking the advanced UX course after the fundamentals. The content becomes much more focused and dives deeper into real design problems that you could expect to see in any design career. **

I wanted to level up my UX skills, and after some research HackerYou stood out as the best option on the market. After completing both courses, I can confirm that the program lives up to it's reputation.

What you will take out of the course really depends on the level that you come in at, and what you want out of it. As a designer looking to specialize in UX, I really appreciated the opportunities to apply the concepts from the course in my everyday work, and I felt that I was able to rocket my career ahead a couple of steps with the deeper perspectives and new frameworks that I was exposed to.

I highly recommend this course for anyone new to UX specifically or looking to expand on their design skills in a human centered design direction.

• Luca Mo • Student

I was fairly familiar with HTML from about 8 years ago before this course. I decided to sign up for their Accelerated Intro to Web Development Fundamentals/Advanced because I figured a course would really help brush me up and I am also very interested in participating in the Hackeryou Full-time Immersive course (bootcamp).

Structure: The course is sectioned into Fundamentals and Advanced Fundamentals. Each is four days, 10am-6pm with support and mentoring on Fridays and over the weekends. Class is short lectures that feature code-alongs mixed with short bouts of independent or team-work. It is hard to ever feel left behind as their was a very good balance of 3 instructors to about 22 students. There was always time to ask questions before or after class or in Slack or you could simply look over your digital notes which you have permanent access too. Great mentorship I met so many nice alumni!

Curriculum: the Basics of HTML/CSS all the way to Responsive Design and a short but sweet appetizer of Javascript. I had a bit of a leg up having spent the months prior self-teaching HTML and CSS but this course really can get a beginner to the level that they can publish/manage their own site.

Overall: I had a great time and learned a lot. It was a great introduction to the community of HackerYou and a nice way to see if you are the type of person that can handle an immersive course. It was only two weeks of 10-6 but you are learning something nearly every hour of each day and putting it into practise. I definitely feel more confident in my Web Development skills and feel like I accomplished something great.

• Brian S. • Independent editor & writer • Student

I was familiar with web1.0–era HTML and wanted to introduce myself to the fundamentals of HTML and CSS so that I can make simple websites (landing sites; blogs; marketing sites). This course offered a novel structure that appealed to me: an intensive, full-time, two-week dive into front-end web development. Although it times it felt like drinking from a fire hose, the course was well structured. The teachers are uniformly engaging and the learning style—short "lectures" interspersed with longer code-alongs and independent work—suits the material well. It's a surprisingly fun environment for eight-hour days spent at your computer. HackerYou gives its students plenty of support, with before- and after-hours mentoring sessions; permanent access to the robust course notes; and, through Slack, access to the broader community of teachers and alumni.

One note of caution: this is a very time-intensive one-week course (or two-week course, if you pair it with the Advanced section). If you have the support of family members or your time is otherwise unencumbered, this is a remarkably quick and thorough way to get yourself up to speed on the best practices in web-development. If you do not have this, you might consider the part-time web-development course instead.

I have a small child at home, as well as freelance work in another field. Therefore I found it difficult to review the material nightly, which, given how much you learn each day, is very important. I am just completing the course now, and trust that time and practice—as well as occasionally asking for support from the HY community—will ensure that everything I learned truly sinks in.

• Rosalie Elphick • Graduate

I am currently finishing up HackerYou's part time JavaScript course after completing their part time Web Development course beforehand. Having come to web development (and any kind of coding) as a complete novice, HackerYou provided an open and supportive learning community with great instructors, real world problems and solutions, and excellent learning opportunities. This proved true with the JavaScript course as well. Our instructor broke down intimidating topics and concepts into simple, real world fundamentals and at no point during the course did I feel intimidated to ask questions about anything. Our instructor and mentors in the course are all professionals in the industry, which gave our class a lot of insight into how the topics we were learning in class applied in a real world environment. I really like the hands on approach HackerYou applies in its classrooms and I am walking away from this course confident and very ready to learn more.

- 7/19/2018
    Ash McCarthy • Student

I took the part time JavaScript program this summer, 2018, and I thought it was a very good class. It gives a really good view into the language and some of the add-on libraries and languages like jQuery, React, and Node.

It was a challenging course but well taught. The teacher was nice and accommodating, as were the mentors, and all were very knowledgeable.

Be sure sure to ask any and every questions you might have and try not to miss any classes as it’s easy to fall behind.

Classes were in a nice space that wasn’t too difficult to get to…if you don’t mind the streetcar.

Overall a great experience that I would highly recommend.

• Fawad • Student

This was my second part time course with HackerYou and can't tell enough what a valuable experience it was. The instructor and the mentors are super supportive and patient with the students.

The course structure is updated as per the industry standards and all best practices are followed. A variety of topics were covered ranging from fundamentals to advanced. It feels great to be a part of this HackerYou community. I recommend this course to everyone looking to get familiar with JavaScript and also looking to apply for the Bootcamp.

• Jessica Huynh • Student

I’ve always had an interest in web-development but I wanted to make sure it was a good fit before committing to making a career change, so I enrolled in the Spring 2018 Intro to Web Dev course. I chose HackerYou after reading many positive reviews, specifically on Reddit and Course Report, of their supportive community and their dedicated instructors.

Truthfully, before I took the part-time course, I definitely debated how beneficial taking this course would be; if web development was something I could have taught myself— yes, but it probably would not have gone as smoothly. And now that I’ve completed the part-time course, I can confidently say I would’ve make the same decision if I had to do it again. The course is very well-structured, and the instructor and mentors make the course material clear and easy to understand.

I’ve learned far more than I could’ve taught myself in the same amount of time, and in a very organized way. The projects assigned allow you to challenge yourself by applying the material you learn throughout the course. I would recommend this course to anyone’s who’s interested in web development. It was very rewarding and I cannot wait to see what the full-time bootcamp has to offer!

• Jeff • Student

I went into HackerYou not knowing what it was going to be like. As a complete newbie to the web development, I learned more than I can imagine. I tried learning online on my own but like most people, it just wasn't fun and enjoying. Now I have just finished the Part-Time Web Development Course and I don't regret it one bit. I met new friends and learned HTML5/CSS3/JQUERY at a high level. The instructor and mentors were amazing and I couldn't have done it without their help. One thing I could mention is that I wish we had more outside the box assignments such as the flip-card. I really enjoyed the level of difficulty on those.

• Erin Maaskant • Student

I have completed the part-time Web Development course - Spring 2018, and it is fantastic. I started with an online course, but didn't find that I was getting what I wanted out of it - not my style of learning. So I went looking for a classroom-instructed course and a graduate of the HackerYou bootcamp convinced me this was the place.

As a female making a move into the tech realm, I have found HackerYou to be an inclusive and supportive environment. I never feel like there's a stupid question, and the extra support is always right there.
    I like that there is an instructor with two back-up instructors in every class, so someone is ready to jump in to offer extra help whenever needed.

For the three projects, the degree of complexity increases at a good pace. They also have a wide enough scope that I was able to incorporate a wide range of the course curriculum.

The volume of what I've learned over the past couple months is far more than I expected. I am excited to be a part of the HackerYou bootcamp this summer - I would not have been accepted without this course.