juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Juno College of Technology offers a 9-week, full-time web development immersive, and an 8-week, part-time web development course in Toronto, Canada. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses are Web Development Fundamentals & Advanced Web Development, JavaScript Fundamentals & Advanced JavaScript, UX Fundamentals & Advanced UX, and a Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. The programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development programs, students have a great website and portfolio, and the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (207) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (5) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Custom Theme Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our Custom Theme Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • Data Foundations

LocationToronto
    Data Foundations is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Foundations brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level-up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.

• Ashley • Medical Editor • Graduate

I had a wonderful time learning all about JS and jQuery during this spring course! The instructor and mentors were all incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I loved that when we ran into issues, they challenged us to think about what might be going on with our code instead of just telling us how to fix it. They were also very approachable and not at all condescending, which is also what I value in an instructor or a mentor! The course is structured in a very logical way, and I definitely think that the exercises we did and the multiple projects that we worked on helped to solidify concepts and test our skills. With this new set of skills under my belt, I will finally be applying for a Junior Web Dev role at my existing company, and I can't wait!

• Franz Ombico • Graduate

I studied intro and advanced JavaScript in spring 2017, taught by Drew Minns and assisted by Jordan, Trudy, and Garrett.

Starting with just a HTML/CSS background, I learned how functions can enable users to interact with your pages. The course focuses on teaching you a lot of fundamental knowledge and basics.   Combined together, this knowledge can be used to build some really build some really interesting programs on the browser.

I'm now able to send requests to API's and use the returned content to dynamically update a page.  I feel more confident in my ability to work through problems and approach them step by step.  The instructors are great, and their one on one guidance really helped unblock me when I was stuck.

• Khushy Shujaat • Graduate

It was a great overall crash course to user experience design that really delved into as much as one can cover within a span of 12 weeks. Ricardo was really engaging and helpful during class and there was never a dull moment when he was teaching. All of the mentors were great and always approachable and willing to chat when there was free time. It was good to have something tangible to work on as the project and I appreciated that it encompassed both the visual and research aspects. As a designer it was great learning about design approaches and how to implement them in my work. I'd recommend the course to anyone interested in UX design!

• Ricardo is GREAT!!
    - 7/12/2017
    Mahsa Yavari • UX Designer • Student
    I took the Advanced UX course in Spring and it was even better than I expected!

Ricardo is hands down one of the BEST instructors I’ve ever had. He’s so knowledgeable and his enthusiasm for design is contagious. What struck me the most was how he was able to teach topics that are interesting to both UX designers and people with no design background.

Linn and Winter are the mentors of the class. They are very approachable and generous with their time. Their feedback was always valuable and insightful. They really help with pointing you in the right direction!

I only wish that there was less time dedicated to working on our projects in class and more time on the lessons. I would rather work on the project at my own time and learn more from Ricardo in class while I had the chance. Especially that the classes are in the late evening and my productivity is very low at that time. I was already drained from working all day and barely managed to get anything done in class, but then again that could be only me.

Glad I found this course!
  • Chelsea Keeley

I took the Part Time Intro and Advanced Web Dev course in Spring 2017.

The curriculum was much more in depth that I was expecting, considering I had taken some online free coding courses in the past. But the instructors/mentors make sure that everyone is up to speed before moving on to new topics. They are totally fine answering any and all questions, even if you feel a little silly for asking them! And the code along exercises spaced throughout each class are extremely valuable to solidifying the skills you are building. And the three course projects really challenge you to apply everything you have learned, and really show you how much you have learned in just a short space of time!

I have never experienced such a welcoming and friendly environment, everyone is so willing to help each other and talk about their experiences, it is amazing!

I am really excited to apply to the full time bootcamp in the fall!

• Michael • Graduate

I had little design expereience coming in to this but it turns out that the material was easy enough to absorb and I also learned how to use Sketch to create my first project. The topics covered in the UX class were very interesting and it makes you see every day objects/processes differently. The instructors were very kind and always open to answering any questions. The space is clean and the location (Queen and Spadina) is easily accessible which is great since I attend class after work and it's an easy commute. I would highly recommend HackerYou because I'm sure the quality of their other classes are just as good.

• Jamie Lockie • Student

The Part-Time Web Development course at HackerYou was exactly what I was looking for.  It gave me a chance to "dip my toes" in the world of web development and gain a better idea if it was an industry I would be interested in transferring into.

The program provided me with an impressive amount of practical skill development. I went from knowing nothing about creating websites to creating 3 different sites over the duration of the course.

The teaching style is very hands-on and project based, allowing for an engaging classroom environment. There are also a number of "mentors" in addition to the class instructor who attend every class to help work through problems on-the-fly.  Through the instructor and mentors, the students also get a glimpse of the breadth of the industry and potential careers/opportunities therein.

HackerYou's facilities are convenient, clean, modern and user-friendly.  There is a lounge with kitchen, couches, etc.  I felt very comfortable in the physical space.

Overall, I would recommend this program to anyone looking to get a better understanding of the wed development industry, and/or learn a set of in-demand and practical skills. I've decided to continue into the Web Development Full Time Immersive program in the summer and am looking forward to diving in full-time!

• Learned so much!
    - 6/17/2017
    CathyR • Designer, Nutritionist • Graduate

The part-time Web Development course at HackerYou has been a challenging and very rewarding experience. While the information was not hard to grasp, the amount of information was overwhelming at times. I found the 3 projects really pushed me to integrate all of the information in a way that made sense. The structure and flow of the course was very well organized and Anne was an incredible teacher. I absolutely loved her teaching style!! The mentors were very helpful and friendly and ready to help whenever you needed it. I took this course to fill in the gaps of my knowledge. I am a designer and have been building websites after I created one for myself. Once I started doing it for others I realized there was a limit to what I could accomplish with a template. After this course I feel confident that I can now get the results that I want and more. And the bonus is that I really enjoy coding. Thank you HackerYou for opening my eyes to the world beyond my computer screen.

• Lux Yogasegaran • Student

I attended Hackeryou's PT Web-Dev course in Spring 2017. My instructor was Haris Mahmood and he was awesome. Super smart, funny, engaging, and easy to talk to. I have never been more excited to come to a class in my educational career and I am very grateful that I made the decision to attend Hackeryou as opposed to other tech schools in Toronto. I found the community very genuine and supportive and I made some great friends/ connections here. The projects were applicable to real- world scenarios and were a great way to practice the skills learned in lectures.

• Lauren Greenway • Front End Developer • Graduate

My journey at HackerYou began in the summer 2016 part time course and I was so immediately taken with the school’s vibe (think career-focussed fast paced but also unpretentious and relaxed learning environment) that I jumped right into the full time bootcamp that fall. My part-time instructors were Drew and Tiff, who did an excellent job of covering everything you need to know about HTML and CSS in a highly detailed and comprehensive way, while also being super chill. They seamlessly incorporated learning how to code with industry standards and best practices. I would recommend this course to anyone who is considering a career change or who is curious about how to make beautiful websites. Through my studies at HackerYou I have made a full career change and went from working in TV to a front end developer at a software company where my focus is working with the UX/UI team to create a beautiful product.

• Tam P. • Graduate
    I joined the Winter 2017 Introduction to web development and thoroughly enjoyed my time at HackerYou. I learned coding in a very welcoming, project-based environment and would recommend the course to anyone interested in web development. The instructors and mentors were very caring and friendly, and the topics chosen were incredibly handy. There were some topics I wish we could have lingered on a little bit longer, and I wish there were more collaborative group projects, but other than that I give all my praises to this school!
  • Jessie Willms • Senior Developer • Student

I took the part-time Intro + Advanced course at HackerYou in 2014!

Wes Bos was the instructor with Anne and Ryan as the mentors. Both mentors are still with HackerYou – Anne teaches an Intro to Web Development and Ryan is the Head Instructor & Development Lead – which is a great bonus for all current and future students. Both mentors are truly great – patient, helpful, and knowledgeable without ever being anything less than completely approachable. Anne even helped me with a non-HackerYou work-related project before class one evening, which was enormously helpful. It was a JavaScript bug I spent two days staring at without making any progress. Thanks to Anne I was able to fix the problem and submit the project in a much-improved form.

The style of learning – hands-on and project-based with lots of little exercises in the mix – was super beneficial for me! Not only is this the way I personally learn best, but it also means that at the end of the program, each student has real, working projects to show off to friends, family, or employers. You can point to a website or web application with pride and satisfaction (something I experienced rarely in other formal educational environments). I was even able to use a HackerYou project as the basis of a work project (bonus points for getting paid to learn!).

With the skills I developed at HackerYou, I gained a sureness in my abilities I don't think I would otherwise have. And at work, I moved more quickly into complex projects with less assistance from co-workers and greater success (and more positive feedback from my bosses).

• Ashley H • Graduate

I can't say enough good things about HackerYou. I just completed the part-time Intro to Web Development and Advanced Web Development courses a few weeks ago, and it has been such a wonderful learning experience. At HackerYou, the instructors and mentors are so knowledgeable, insightful, easygoing, and patient, and it truly makes the entire learning experience unparalleled.

It was really useful having so many practical in-class exercises that really solidify the concepts you learn so that you can easily apply them in the real world.

Moreover, HackerYou has the most supportive and welcoming community for both current students and alumni, and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

Currently, I'm further refining my the skills I've learned by doing small projects for myself/friends while also learning about JavaScript before my Introduction to JavaScript/jQuery course at HackerYou starts next week!

• David • Web Dev • Graduate

I was pretty jaded towards school by this point, but HackerYou really turned that around for me. I'd gone through University and colleges and had sort of bounced around a few career paths. I was wary going back to school, especially a tech bootcamp after all the "real school" i'd done... it was super intense, I met some great people and in a very short time I was a working professional in the field.

• Michael Scarlett • Graduate

I started my HackerYou experience in the summer of 2016 when I took the part-time Web Development course, from there I transitioned into the full-time immersive bootcamp. I was a relative newbie to the coding world and HY was essential in helping me to break through the barriers of getting started and really understanding the material. I am still learning everyday since finishing the bootcamp but that is part of what makes this a special experience. There is always new stuff to learn. I finished the bootcamp with a wealth of knowledge and a great portfolio that has already found me work and new contacts in the industry. The community is amazing, so supportive and passionate. I couldn't have done it without all the support. Currently I am freelancing and considering my options as it hasn't been too long since finishing.

• Jess • Front-end developer • Graduate

Attending HackerYou is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was a bit nervous going into it - I didn't have any prior coding experience, but I started out taking part-time web dev in the evenings with Anne Thomas, who was great. I learned a lot even just in part-time, and quit my retail job in January 2016 to attend the full-time immersive program. I loved it. It's a great environment to learn in - the instructors are knowledgeable and enthusiastic, as are the alumni, and the students in my cohort were incredibly supportive throughout this admittedly intense experience and became good friends. The community surrounding HackerYou is truly impressive. I got a job just shy of three months out of bootcamp (coaching through the job search process lasts as long as it takes you to find a job, which is super valuable), and I'm now working as a front-end developer at Rogers with lots of other HackerYou grads. I really feel like I learned solid skills that I can continue improving long past the length of the course.

• Jackie Y • Front End Developer • Graduate

My coding journey with HackerYou began when I enrolled in their Spring 2014 Part-Time Web Development courses. Before attending HackerYou, I had spent many hours assessing other courses and bootcamps in the city. Although they all seemed qualified in their own right, I decided HackerYou was the best fit for what I wanted out of my education and career.

After I took HackerYou's part-time web development course, I had such an amazing experience with the staff and instruction that I ended up taking their Fall 2014 Part-Time JavaScript & jQuery, Spring 2015 Part-time Design and Fall 2015 Full-time Web Development Immersive courses. I'm so grateful I made the decision to study with HackerYou and my return on investment was immediate.

Here's what helped me decide HackerYou was for me:

The Community:
    I can't say enough good things about this phenomenal community! I know it sounds a little cheesy, but the genuine sincerity and friendliness of students here has had a direct impact on the betterment of my life. Graduates of the bootcamp immersive can still keep in touch with each other by messaging or slinging memes on Slack with previous alumni. Every Friday during a bootcamp cohort, there's "Show And Tell" which allows students the opportunity to practise their presentation and public speaking skills. They also invite alumni to attend which gives them the chance to learn something new and to stay connected to the community.

The Learning Space:
    HackerYou's learning environment is bright, modern and spacious. The classrooms are set up with a projector at the front where the instructor lectures, and are always kept tidy and clean. There's a good amount of work space; meeting rooms, tables, couches for students to socialize or cozy up in a corner nook for some head-down coding time. They are also pet-friendly and in my opinion, their relaxed, casual, social learning environment is hard to beat. When a course's end is near, they hold a "Demo Night" event and invite the public, who get to see what projects students built during their time there.

The Instructors:
    This is what sold it for me. I noticed a huge difference in teaching quality while sitting in at other bootcamps. HackerYou definitely has exceptional teaching staff. They have a knack for explaining things in simple terms, but keep the lessons engaging and fun. Their enthusiasm is contagious and a beginner's question is never stupid or ignored. You'll never get an instructor patronizing you or putting you down. All the instructors I've taken classes with, had a great sense of humour, and care deeply about their student's learning and well-being. I've even seen them explain a concept multiple times in different ways until a student gets an "ah-ha!" moment.

HackerYou was by far the best place to take my education to the next level, and I even made some awesome friends along the way!

• Lauren • Graduate

Taking the HackerYou coding bootcamp this past fall was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. I was immediately taken with the community surrounding the school. All of the staff and my instructors were really down to earth and seemed to genuinely enjoy each other. I really enjoyed that alumni are super invested in the community as well, so there is a large pool of people to draw support from.

In addition to that, we got to make some really cool things and it was beneficial to have a lot of opportunities to be creative while learning... Making an art of it really helped bring the material to life.

I'm now working at a super cool agency where I am continuing to learn and develop my skills and working on projects that I'm genuinely excited about. HackerYou was able to connect me with my new job and I couldn't be happier!

• James McDermid • Front-End Web Developer • Graduate

I took the HackerYou web development immersice course in the summer of 2015 and before the 9 week program was over I had 2 job offers.  I'm now a web developer working for an agency and couldn't be happier!

I researched coding bootcamps for years before attending HackerYou and I regret waiting so long!  The classroom is beautiful and in the perfect location. The entire staff is incredibly funny, sweet and caring. The instructors are knowledge, fun and patient. And your classmates will be friends for life.

Best yet, CEO Heather Payne makes it her mission to get everyone a job upon ocmpletion of the course.  And let me tell you, her knowledge and advice is worth the tuition fees alone.  She helped me negotiate a salary $10,000/year over what I would have asked for.  Thanks Heather!

• Yana T • Front End Developer • Graduate

I met the HackerYou CEO Heather two years ago and listening to her describe her goals and plans for HY convinced me that I really needed to see this place for myself. I took the p/t Intro to Web Development course in Winter 14/15 and my instructor Drew was a dream. The content was equal parts interesting and challenging. There was always mentors available and it really encouraged me to start using my personal time to experiment and push to limits of what I had learned. I returned in Summer 2015 to take the f/t immersive Bootcamp. The team in the office do a phenominal job of listening to and getting to know each person there to help them maximize the gains from the coursework. I came away from it after 9 weeks with a portfolio I was really proud of and within 2 weeks of finishing I had landed my first job. The most valuable thing that you can get out of HackerYou is being part of the alumni community. Alumni volunteer to be mentors, bootcamp buddies, and to come back and give feedback and guidance to current students. The community is active, and incredibly supportive.

• Clyde Grey • Graduate

For most students of HackerYou, their journey of learning web and software development didn't begin on the first day of class and as anyone in the industry will tell you, it doesn't end there either. What HackYou does is empower you with the technical and problem solving skills that allow you to grow beyond the program. I started to learn to code in isolation, but was always wondering: how quickly was I really progressing, was I learning the most modern and in-demand frameworks, and was I filling my head up with outdated knowledge? The Full Time Front-End Immersive program, which I took in Fall 216, allows you to gauge your progress against 30 other highly motivated students. They adapt and change their curriculum to reflect the skills the industry is looking for right now. They'll teach you what you may encounter as legacy code in the wild and how new approaches are simplifying and modernizing older methods of doing things. The hands-on, project based program has given me a solid foundation for my future. I am in contact with a wide network of friends, colleagues and industry professionals that I met during my time at HackerYou. Heather and the instructors have been available for help and support during and after the completion of the program. I am confident in saying their help has been invaluable to my success. At my current job as a Front End Web Developer in Toronto, we view graduates of HackerYou's various programs as quick learners who'll seamlessly integrate into our working environment. I would happily recommend HackerYou to both prospective students and employers.

• Life changing!
    - 2/16/2017
    Greg McKenzie • Front End Developer • Graduate

I took the part-time intro to web development and the full-time boot camp, and can't recommend either of them enough.  The community is warm and supportive, and the skills they teach will turn your life towards and bright, exciting future.  Check it out!

• Jessica Duarte • Web Developer • Graduate

HackerYou is more than a coding school. It's an inclusive community that creates welcoming spaces for people to learn how to code and feel challenged in an encouraging and supportive environment. It's also a community of some of my best friends in the whole world. That's what HackerYou is to me. I started my HackerYou journey by taking a part-time Intro to HTML & CSS evening course that made me fall in love with front-end web development. Soon after that I dropped my career in marketing and jumped feet first into the first front-end development Bootcamp at HackerYou in January of 2014. Since that time I've also taken HackerYou's Design course and Full Stack Course. I've also mentored for 5 other part-time classes at HackerYou and have seen the HackerYou community flourish over the years into what it is today. At HackerYou I had excellent teachers, experts in their domain for each of the courses I took there. My bootcamp instructor Wes Bos is one of the leading coding instructors anywhere on the planet. He's still at HackerYou teaching JS and WordPress classes. I studied design with the amazing design team behind Studio Function and Learned React from an amazing app developer and teacher, Ryan Brunner. My learning experiences at HY were first and foremost shaped by these brilliant teachers. Then I went on to mentor for other wonderful HY instructors like Ryan Christiani who has knowledge and patience in equal and huge amounts, Ann Thomas and Drew Minns, both passionate and joyous about code and very skilled.

The mentors at HackerYou are the other core part of the support team behind you when you take a class or a bootcamp. Mentors at HackerYou are always dedicated and compassionate, often past graduates who understand well what students are going through.

Then there was the unparalleled support of Heather Payne who has been my mentor and greatest cheerleader since day one as I navigated the stormy waters of freelancing and building my own business over the past three years. Nobody fights as hard as Heather to ensure HackerYou grads' success in the industry upon graduation and I wouldn't have had the courage to get as far as I have as an entrepreneur without Heather's support. Three years since graduation, I still feel I can count on her for support.

Lastly, and most importantly, HackerYou is made up of the great people who have taken the classes and bootcamps. HackerYou alumni and the HackerYou space are like a home away from home for me. I am in contact with HY students via slack every day. They are my life line when it comes to any coding or business challenge I encounter. I also see them often when I visit HackerYou for events and workshops, or when I hang out at the Alumni Lounge. Nothing beats sitting down with a fellow grad and chatting about anything and everything. This community is HY's greatest asset and worth almost as much as the knowledge you gain from the bootcamp and classes.

HackerYou gave me the skills to start my own business as a developer. I have made my living independently based on my skills acquired at the bootcamp and part-time classes for the past three years. The HY bootcamp was the best education investment of my life.

• Just do it.
    - 2/16/2017
    Maxime • Front end developer • Graduate

A year ago I was looking for a career change and, having always had an interest in coding, I decided to take the Spring 2016 HackerYou Immersive Front-end bootcamp. The experience was very positive for me during and after the bootcamp. I am now employed as a full time Front-end developer and most importantly - I love my job.

Here are some of the key reasons why I would recommend HackerYou:

(1) The organization puts a great deal of effort in making sure you get out of their program with the required skills (HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc.) and profile in order to be successful in the web development sector. As long as you follow the process, you will find a (great) job once you get out.
    (2) The bootcamp is very well structured in terms of learning and instructors/mentors availability, which enables you to learn fast without feeling overwhelmed.
    (3) During bootcamp, you will create a portfolio of websites (responsive design, JQuery projects, API project, etc), which is a great asset once you begin job hunting.
    (4) The HackerYou community is a very strong one. Alumni will help you with technical questions, will help you keep a perspective on things and will share their experience post-bootcamp with you.
    (5) Most importantly: I had a blast doing the bootcamp, had a blast working on the assignments and discovering my new passion for web development, had a blast making new friends  & would absolutely do it again.

...And a year later, I am now back for more, as I am currently taking the Full Stack web Development part-time class. Just do it, you won't regret it.

• Basia • Graduate

Last year, I was enrolled in HackerYou's part-time web development course, and I still reminisce about how great that experience was -- and I don't just mean the course curriculum itself! I learned a lot during the 12-week course, even though I came with a solid understanding of HTML and CSS. The pace of learning was great, and I think that most (if not all) of the students would agree. Regardless of our skill level / knowledge base, no one was left behind and everyone was engaged and interested in what was happening.

Anne Thomas was our lead instructor -- I can't say enough good things about her! She was a huge source of motivation, corny jokes (wholly appreciated by all of us) and someone that we could look up at as aspiring developers. I learned a lot from Anne and found her to be very approachable and responsive in person, as well as over e-mail.

Finally, I think what I appreciated the most about the course was the supportive community. Students were very positive and it was an unintimidating learning environment where making mistakes was definitely OK!

If I hadn't moved to the West Coast and enrolled in a bootcamp here, there is no question that I would have applied to HackerYou's bootcamp! The part-time course showed me that this is something that I wish to explore further!! Thanks HY and congrats on becoming accredited :)