juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Juno College of Technology offers a 9-week, full-time web development immersive, and an 8-week, part-time web development course in Toronto, Canada. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses are Web Development Fundamentals & Advanced Web Development, JavaScript Fundamentals & Advanced JavaScript, UX Fundamentals & Advanced UX, and a Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. The programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development programs, students have a great website and portfolio, and the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (212) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (6) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Custom Theme Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our Custom Theme Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • Data Foundations

LocationToronto
    Data Foundations is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Foundations brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level-up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
  • Rebecca Westcott • Graduate
    As a recent grad of a web design and development course I quickly realized I needed more skill sets in the industry. With a strong focus on HTML/CSS where I was really lacking was JavaScript.

The accelerated Java Script course was well organized with emails provided a week in advanced for requirements needed for the course. The course is detailed, modern and up to date with industry standards.

The lessons, exercises and code alongs, were detailed, and continued access to course content to look back on is accessible and well written for step by step solutions.

The teachers were great and so were the mentors - any issues and help was provided right away.
  • Matt Donaldson • Front End Developer • Student

I took the accelerated Javascript course before moving onto the fulltime bootcamp.

I love everything about HackerYou. They are inclusive, welcoming, and super knowledgable. They emphasize industry best practices and accessibility and make sure their content is always up to date with current practices.

I am so happy to be a part of this community and would encourage anyone on the fence to take the leap and join a class here. It's worth every penny.

• Irene Truong • Front End Developer • Graduate

HackerYou is unique in the fact that it was founded by a woman who aims to empower others. Upon stepping into HackerYou's space for the first time, I felt welcome due to feeling represented by the staff and students there.

I have been taught by Tom, Katie, Mark, and Shang of the ConEd team and I can vouch to say these are all passionate individuals who are able to articulate and teach code to non-coders. Project work for Web Development Fundamentals/Advanced Web Development mimicked real life projects of PSD to HTML/CSS conversions, so it was practical.

After Accelerated web development classes, I was admitted into bootcamp and had a wonderful experience. The content was well-paced. Project work was assigned as soon as we learned the concept, forcing us to apply our learnings. We also had fobs to the building, allowing us to code past midnight if needed (which some students opted some nights). Bootcamp buddies were also assigned to students so we had some emotional support if needed.

I made some lifelong friends out of HackerYou's bootcamp, and some supportive alumni-turned-mentors who I hope to keep in touch with for as long as either of us shall live.

• Emma Fattori • Graduate

I took the intro and advanced Web Development course at HackerYou, and it was a stark contrast to the other educational experiences I had received in other college and university settings. HackerYou has a student first approach to everything, and I felt the value for money was extremely worth it. There are lots of mentors available outside of class for questions, and the teachers take time to address questions of all students.

The projects were interesting and exciting, and the manner in which feedback was given was very productive.

The mentors and teachers provide real world examples for using specific code, which was very useful to me. Because of this part time course, I decided to switch industries and applied to the HackerYou bootcamp. I recommend this school to anyone interested in web development of any kind.

• Sean de Groot • Student

I took the part-time web development course and it exceeded my expectations. It is amazing to think that you will be able to create fully responsive, professional and accessible websites after twelve, six hour sessions. The mentors are available 24/7 and you can tell they are passionate about web development. Also, the GitHub repository which includes our lessons is always updating and has unlimited resources and exercises.

• Alyne Alvarenga • Student

When I enrolled in the part-time course, I had a little bit of experience with HTML and CSS, and I was looking for a challenging environment where I could solidify the knowledge I had, and learn + build new things. This course definitely did that, and so much more! The instructor was phenomenal, the mentors were helpful and kind, and the space was really great. I finished the course with much more knowledge and confidence than I expected - definitely recommend! I was so happy with the course, that I enrolled in their Javascript PT course as well.

• Life changing!
    - 5/11/2019
    Chitra • Student

This review is for the Accelerated Web Dev Fundamental and Advanced Classes (NOT the part-time one) which are part of the continuing education courses at HackerYou. I was browsing the web for job openings and networking events after losing my job, which is when I came across a free workshop on intro to HTML/CSS. This was not in line with my career but the Tech industry was a curiostiy that I had failed to explore and if there was ever a perfect time to try, this was it. I showed up to the workshop without having registered but was welcomed as if they were waiting just for me. In those three hours, I learned what HTML & CSS was and the class got to code along to create our own first website, WITHOUT ANY prior knowledge! During the workshop, I also got to meet the graduating class from the full time immersive bootcamp course which makes your employer ready as a Web Developer. These three students explained that they understood exactly what I was going through and advised me of a potential road to becoming a Web Developer. I quickly enrolled HackerYou's upcoming Accelerated Web Dev Fundamental and Advanced Classes which would allow me to complete it within 2 weeks. Most important advice they gave was that I would know whether this was the right path for me after having taken the Advanved Web Dev. I figured that I could afford to give two weeks to see if this a good fit. My course was taught by Katie, Mark, and Shang; the most amazing and supportive people you will ever meet! They were able to explain complex topics in a highly relatable manner which helps when you have a class full of people coming from a variety of backgrounds. What made the coursework easier to understand was the number of practice problems we did in class, on our own and then together as a class; this is the best way to cement teh knowledge and HackerYou is fantastic at this sort of learn and apply method. Furthermore, the instructors made sure to answer EACH and EVERY question. By the end of the two weeks, students walk away with three projects under their belt.

To be honest though, I was still struggling and was beset with impostor syndrome. However, upon admitting this to Katie and learning about how she had to also overcome this, she encouraged me to take a leap of faith. I followed her advice and I am happy to say that I was accepted into the full time Immersive Bootcamp. I am now weeks away from being able to call myself a Web Developer. What I want someone to takeaway from this review is that if you want to take a leap of faith, try leaping into HackerYou. I can't compare it to other bootcamps but I can assure you that you will not only get the education you need, you will also meet people who have been in your shoes and understand what anxieties you are facing. They won't just give you a pep talk, they'll give you the solid foundation of knowledge to build your confidence on.

• Shatabdi Bhattacharjee • Software Developer

Let me just start by saying that 483, Queen Street West (HackerYou) changed my life!  The curriculum is constantly updated to fit the job market and, the learning environment is incredibly supportive. Heather’s constant help and encouragement during job-hunting is icing on the cake. I am forever grateful to the entire HackerYou team for helping me materialize my dream into reality!

• Vincent Dang • Student

My experience at HackerYou has been such an amazing time to learn how to code awesome websites. I was first introduced to HTML and CSS from taking a course in college which allowed me understand how coding worked. The moment when you figure out how to get specific codes to work together is such a satisfying accomplishment like if you were to solve a math problem and you get to the answer. I wanted to learn more about coding websites after that introduction course and found out about HackerYou through friends. It was after a thorough research of the school that I decided to take a course and see how the classes are like and I do not regret it one bit. Learning basic HTML and CSS foundations helped me understand and build upon on the knowledge that I already learned. When we started diving into advanced HTML and CSS lessons, it was just adding on more intricate pieces on the skills that I already knew which didn’t confuse me at all. The curriculum of the whole course was well taught at a good pace that I could keep up with and the HackerYou Instructor and Mentor team were so helpful along the journey. If you ever want to start to learn how to code, HackerYou would be a great place to help anybody that wants to do so as an extra skill to know or to change their careers. Through this experience in web development part time, it has inspired me to become a front-end web developer in the future as my career.

• Push yourself!
    - 12/21/2018
    Christina Laba • Interactive Developer • Graduate

This class pushed me past the 'safe zone'. I learnt a lot of new and exciting concepts. I use javascript at my job everyday so this class was exactly what I was looking for in terms of pushing me further into the world of JS.

The teacher was funny, engaging and very knowledgable. 100% recommend takign a class with Karley Potter! Was excited to have been able to walk away with a fully functioning React app.

• Jeremy Dryden • Student

This is the second course I've taken this year at HackerYou. The quality of instruction and overall experience was again fantastic. My skills were pushed further, and I'm a better programmer than 2 months ago. The mentors helped through any 'hicups' with my code (and other strange things along the way).

I'm attending the HackerYou bootcamp in January, and with the updated curriculum I feel very strongly that I'm in a much better position to succeed. I'm looking forward to my eventual career change.

• Alex S

This review is for the Part-Time Web Development and Advanced Web Development course. Applying for the HackerYou part-time web development course was one of the best decisions I made this year. Prior to taking this course I was learning on my own through various online resources where some were great and others not so much. I had started to take these online courses because I wanted to get a taste of what web development was like and see if I could make a career change into becoming a developer. I had learned a lot and even applied to the HackerYou bootcamp but my foundation was not fully there and didn’t get in. Sarah (the HackerYou Admissions Manager) was the point person who I corresponded with who encouraged me to take the part-time web dev course to build a stronger foundation.

After taking the course I can definitely say that I had a learning experience that I could not have reproduced learning on my own. Tom, our instructor, was a great teacher who kept us engaged with his positive attitude, humour and immersive material. The lessons were broken up into learnable chunks with helpful code alongs we did as a class and with teaching assistants that were there to help us. Throughout the course we worked on 3 projects where we had to make a website. There was a lot of trial and error making the sites but the lessons provided a good foundation to work off of. There were a lot of helpful tips and tricks I learned as well like focusing on accessibility, best practices and current trends. Overall, taking this course was definitely an investment of time and money but I would say it was well worth it!