juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Juno College of Technology offers a 9-week, full-time web development immersive, and an 8-week, part-time web development course in Toronto, Canada. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses are Web Development Fundamentals & Advanced Web Development, JavaScript Fundamentals & Advanced JavaScript, UX Fundamentals & Advanced UX, and a Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. The programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development programs, students have a great website and portfolio, and the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (208) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (6) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Custom Theme Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our Custom Theme Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • Data Foundations

LocationToronto
    Data Foundations is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Foundations brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level-up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
  • Landon  User Photo
    Landon • Front end developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Learning coding at hackeryou is one of the best decisions i made in my life. It is definitely worth every penny. I was a Wordpress developer for few years but my html/css was very limited. After did all the research, i decided to take intro and advanced Web Development at Hackeryou. Tiffany was the lead instructor of the program. I must say Tiff is one of the best teachers in my life. I never met anyone who is so passionate and caring about students like Tiff. She and Tom are not only  a knowledgable teacher but also lovely human beings. I never missed one class because they made us feel the class like home. She and Tom(her finance') helped us to gain  n-depth knowledges about web development. From zero knowledge about web development, now im capable of coding efficiently. My plan is taking javascript class with Tiff again in January. Im very excited about this. This actually changed my life. Open next page for me in career, i definitely recommend !

• Alex  User Photo
    Alex • Front End Developer • Student Verified via Linkedin

I took this course in conjunction with Intro to JavaScript & jQuery, which allows you to fully understand, in baby steps, the fundamentals of JS and jQuery. The advanced course moves quickly, which is good because it kept me on my toes. I never wanted to miss a class because so much is covered in three hours.

The class was lead by Drew Minns who is a great teacher and mentor. He has a laid-back but professional attitude and has a great sense of humour, which is great because JS can at times seem so dry and static. He also brought his dog Prudence in to class which is always the best in learning environments.

The class size is great - I never felt too shy to ask a question, and that's coming from an INFJ personality.

The mentors were great, too (Trudy Jordan and Garrett) and were always available for quick questions in-class, after-class, and over Slack. I enjoyed when they took over a class because they showed us a different way of thinking about problems than our instructor might have.

I took this course for work, and I would recommend this class to anyone looking to advance their learning in JavaScript! 10/10!

• Kanu Sobti • Graduate
    Without the incredible mentors and the support that I've received from everyone here I wouldn't have been able to realize my dream of being a full time technology evangelist. Juno really gave me wings to fly and the confidence to explore the world outside.
    I was a full time Mom for last 6 years and was self-learning but I was never confident that I could be a bankable technologist. I must thank my good stars and good sense that prevailed that I finally decided to contact Juno. The moment I stepped into Juno, the atmosphere was so welcoming and I immediately fell in love with the community and decided to try Accelerated Web Development (before immersing myself in bootcamp). The educators/mentors were so welcoming and helpful and were always supportive. They made sure that all my doubts/questions are answered and took extra pain in making sure all of us understand the basics of web development right along with exposing us to the best practices and many more things like accessibility etc. Coming out of it was literally a life changing moment for me and I finally decided to take on the Web dev immersive (a.k.a Bootcamp). I wasn't able to crack the tech challenge but still I was encouraged and was given a very good and informative feedback on where I missed the mark. I re-appeared and this time learnt from my mistakes and cracked it and finally was a proud member of cohort23. The overall experience was amazing and the best part is the close knit community and endless support you get from this community. No matter what you do, where you work the alumni are always there to help you out and answer your questions. Their educators are world class and make sure they don't leave any stone unturned to help you succeed and to make you understand concepts. It just feels like a close knit family away from home. The curriculum is well built and is constantly updated based on industry needs and standards. Oh, the one point which made the entire difference was the Job Assistance. Everyone comes together to help you get a job and to prep you for the challenges the Job Search throws at you. You are exposed to lot of industry leaders and employees and it does help you to make fruitful connections. Please do visit them and you will thank yourself that you took that decision.
  • Kait • Digital Designer & Developer • Graduate

I took the part-time Full-Stack Masterclass, which was a wonderful experience. The environment, instructors, and curriculum were all modern and of the highest quality. It was very hands-on which helps you implement your learning right away on-the-job. While the practical application of these concepts was the emphasis, we did spend some time on programming theory fundamentals. I wish we'd had more time to do a deeper dive there but the nature of a part-time course is there usually isn't enough time for that.

I'd highly recommend the course to those interested in leveling up their skills.

• Miona N • Student

I took the part-time Web Dev course (fundamentals & advanced).  The days were crammed full of information and we followed along with our online comprehensive class/lecture notes. They're online, but you lifetime access which is great. I took full day Saturdays option, but I realize I would've preferred to space out my lessons and exposure to new material to smaller, twice a week chunks (couldn't due to work). That said, the advantage of being there for several hours at a time gives you a different type of continuity and ability to synthesize new info during practice times. You also get to hang out more with your classmates during brakes and lunches. A full day class was more representative of how the immersive bootcamp would feel like, except it was totally chill. I did find breaks on the short side though, whether it was 5mins for coffee or the half hour lunch, but we were allowed to have drinks and food at our desks so that worked in order to cover enough material during the day. There were a couple of TAs to help out whenever someone is stuck during lectures or during exercises. Jenny was great and she conveyed the material in a really approachable way. You don't get much theory behind the concepts, but you get a really good working knowledge; and you're always encouraged to seek out more on your own and work on problem-solving skills, esp. through online resources. If you need additional help you also get optional extended hours to meet outside of classroom time. It covers HTML and CSS well, but for JS you'll have to take a separate course or continue on your own (you learn just enough to get you going and to start understanding the structure). I found the classroom layout a bit challenging, as the room was deep, so I always felt tired from trying to see properly on the projector screen; they'll zoom in as needed (or requested), but I kept coming in late for the 9am start so I was always sitting a bit back... my work doesn't ever even start before 10:30am, so it may sound ridiculous but 9am start time was rough for me. I once attended a workshop where the room was wide rather than deep, and they had two projector screens - that setup was really effective, and I hope HackerYou has similar rooms for bootcamp - I'm still considering that option :)

• Kat Bosnic • Junior Developer • Graduate

Before coming to HackerYou I worked as an agricultural technician. Although I didn't mind spending most of my days puttering around on a tractor, I felt like my job had no prospect of becoming a career. I jumped off my tractor, came to the city, took the part-time web development course and fell in love with coding as well as the community that HackerYou provided. Very quickly I knew I had to do the bootcamp! Although it was challenging, it was also extremely rewarding, and with the help of very supportive instructors and peers, I became a dev! For the first time in my life I have a career that excites me and I never catch myself counting down the hours until my day is done. Thanks HackerYou!

• Andrea Maille • Graduate

I couldn’t have asked for a better experience at HackerYou. I took both the part-time web development course and then Web Development Immersive (bootcamp). All the instructors were friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about teaching code. The curriculum was fast-paced, focused on modern development and most importantly, gave me the necessary skills to enter the tech industry. Beyond the course, the greater HY community is so unbelievably supportive, encouraging and willing to help with any questions.

Like many others, I came to HackerYou because I needed a life change. When I discovered coding, I knew instinctively and immediately that this was the career for me. But it was only when I first stepped into HackerYou that I knew I was on the right path to making my dream career into a reality. HackerYou not only teaches you how to code but also how to challenge yourself and continually grow. They are pros at giving you the tools and structure you need to really excel and become an active member of the tech community.

• A 10/10 Experience
    - 8/13/2019
    Can Rozanes • Student

Before I came across HackerYou, I had been contemplating about a career change to software development for over a year and had taken numerous online courses. However, the pace at which I was learning was not satisfying and the fact that I was randomly picking and choosing courses without a set curriculum didn't help at all.

Then I came across HackerYou. An immersive learning experience of 9 weeks that would teach me all the skills I needed to find employment as a developer sounded great.

All throughout the bootcamp, we learned lots of languages/tools/frameworks that are industry standards and built a project each time we learned something new. These projects later on became parts of our portfolios to help us with our job search.

Overall, the instructors were great, the support staff was extremely accommodating and receptive to any kind of feedback (special shout out to Charlotte) and the job support we received to find employment after the bootcamp was outstanding (special shout out to Chi Chi)

I can't recommend HackerYou enough to anyone who is looking for a career change in a short amount of time and wants to be a part of a thriving Toronto tech community for life.

• Franz Ombico • Jr FEE • Graduate

TLDR: I came in knowing how to do some FE based React, but I got the most out of learning how to use Express and MongoDB.

Walked away having learned:
    - Express
    - integrating MongoDB
    - creating db schemas
    - do CRUD from Front-end
    - deploying on Heroku

Simon and the TA team were super helpful in all aspects, from debugging installation scripts, to being a second pair of eyes to for your code.

I recommend having a project in mind before signing up, and also knowing some React. You will learn more there, but if you are a front-end dev, you will want to spend your time absorbing the backend lessons.

• Rebecca Westcott • Graduate
    As a recent grad of a web design and development course I quickly realized I needed more skill sets in the industry. With a strong focus on HTML/CSS where I was really lacking was JavaScript.

The accelerated Java Script course was well organized with emails provided a week in advanced for requirements needed for the course. The course is detailed, modern and up to date with industry standards.

The lessons, exercises and code alongs, were detailed, and continued access to course content to look back on is accessible and well written for step by step solutions.

The teachers were great and so were the mentors - any issues and help was provided right away.
  • Matt Donaldson • Front End Developer • Student

I took the accelerated Javascript course before moving onto the fulltime bootcamp.

I love everything about HackerYou. They are inclusive, welcoming, and super knowledgable. They emphasize industry best practices and accessibility and make sure their content is always up to date with current practices.

I am so happy to be a part of this community and would encourage anyone on the fence to take the leap and join a class here. It's worth every penny.

• Irene Truong • Front End Developer • Graduate

HackerYou is unique in the fact that it was founded by a woman who aims to empower others. Upon stepping into HackerYou's space for the first time, I felt welcome due to feeling represented by the staff and students there.

I have been taught by Tom, Katie, Mark, and Shang of the ConEd team and I can vouch to say these are all passionate individuals who are able to articulate and teach code to non-coders. Project work for Web Development Fundamentals/Advanced Web Development mimicked real life projects of PSD to HTML/CSS conversions, so it was practical.

After Accelerated web development classes, I was admitted into bootcamp and had a wonderful experience. The content was well-paced. Project work was assigned as soon as we learned the concept, forcing us to apply our learnings. We also had fobs to the building, allowing us to code past midnight if needed (which some students opted some nights). Bootcamp buddies were also assigned to students so we had some emotional support if needed.

I made some lifelong friends out of HackerYou's bootcamp, and some supportive alumni-turned-mentors who I hope to keep in touch with for as long as either of us shall live.