juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Online, Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Founded in 2012 as HackerYou, Juno College of Technology offers full-time and part-time Web Development, Data Analytics, and UX Design courses both live online and on campus in Toronto, Canada. Juno College of Technology is ideal for Career Changers or Career Accelerators, and its bootcamp curriculums feature hands-on learning and portfolio-worthy projects. With an inclusive community, passionate industry experts, 1:1 career guidance, and flexible financing options such as Income Share Agreements, Juno is here to help students reach their goals. Juno College of Technology is also the school of choice for those underrepresented in tech looking to launch and grow their careers.

For Career Changers, Juno’s full-time Bootcamps are designed to equip students with the skills and support needed to quickly launch a new career in the booming tech industry. Juno's Web Development Bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript & React fundamentals, Rest APIs & Firebase, Web Accessibility Requirements, and more. Juno's Data Analytics Bootcamp covers Tableau, SQL, Python, Python libraries including Panda, Numpy, and Sci-kit, and more.

For Career Accelerators, Juno's Continuing Education courses are designed to unlock new opportunities in your current career, and beyond. The courses include Web Development, JavaScript, Data Analytics, and UX Design. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. Juno also offers 2-week, accelerated  courses for tech-savvy learners.

Prospective applicants will need to fill out a short online application indicating their learning goals. For the full-time Bootcamps, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, successfully pass a Tech Challenge, and participate in an interview with the Admissions Team.

Juno's Bootcamp curriculum features access to world-class Career Services, which include a dedicated career coach for each student and access to Juno's Hiring Partners. Students will learn non-technical skills such as job search tools and best practices, salary negotiation, effective cover letter and resume writing, personal branding, and more. Juno prides itself on its strong partnerships that have led to Juno graduates working with innovative companies around the world, from independent start-ups to big tech organizations.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (228) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (10) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Data Analytics

Start Date September 13, 2022
    LocationToronto, Online
    Data Analytics is an entry-level course designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Analytics brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
    September 13, 2022 - Online
    October 15, 2022 - Online
    November 28, 2022 - Online
  • Full-Time Web Development Bootcamp

GitHub, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Git, Front End, React.js
    Start Date October 03, 2022
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Juno’s Web Development Bootcamp will help you make a career change into tech, fast. With a unique blend of hands-on practice, project-based learning, and inclusive community-oriented classrooms, this intensive Live Online Bootcamp gives you the tools and support you need to launch a fulfilling career in this booming industry. Within 12 full-time weeks, you’ll solidify your fundamental web development skills (including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, and React), build lasting relationships with our community, and work closely with our Career Services Team to land your first job.
    Juno has partnered with Financeit to give students a mobile-friendly way to pay their tuition in low installments.

Students have also joined our Bootcamps using the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG).
    Tuition PlansWith Juno's Income Share Agreements, you can pay less upfront for your Bootcamp education, and only pay us back once you’re making at least $50,000 per year. Students approved for an ISA typically pay between $3,000 and $9,000 upfront.
    ScholarshipSuccessful Web Development Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a General Aptitude Test.
    October 03, 2022 - Online
  • JavaScript

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery
    Start Date September 10, 2022
    LocationToronto, Online
    Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
    September 10, 2022 - Online
    October 25, 2022 - Online
  • Part-Time Web Development Bootcamp

React.js, Networking, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, CSS
    OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week
    Start Date November 22, 2022
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Juno’s Web Development Bootcamp will help you make a career change into tech. With a unique blend of hands-on practice, project-based learning, and inclusive community-oriented classrooms, this Bootcamp gives you the tools and support you need to launch a fulfilling career in this booming industry. Within 32 part-time weeks, you’ll solidify your fundamental web development skills (including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, and React), build lasting relationships with our community, and work closely with our Career Services Team to land your first job.

November 22, 2022 - Online
    February 21, 2023 - Online
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    Start Date October 22, 2022
    LocationToronto, Online
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
    October 22, 2022 - Online
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    Start Date September 06, 2022
    LocationToronto, Online
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
    September 06, 2022 - Online
  • In love
    - 1/24/2018
    Robyn  User Photo
    Robyn • budding web-developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I'm just finishing up the part-time advanced web-dev course, after having finished the corresponding intro course. I took these courses because I felt I needed to learn a bit more in preparation for applying to the bootcamp. And wow, am I glad I did! Not only did I get accepted into the bootcamp, but haven taken the intro course is definitely helping me get the most out of it. In fact, I can’t imaging going through the bootcamp without having taken the part-time course first. Taking it cemented the idea that this is the place for me. This school has such an amazing community, and is the most inclusive to differences that I have experienced. I have never learned so much so fast in my life; they have their teaching-methods down to an art. It comes down to this: I feel challenged, supported, and welcomed here. I also feel that with the help of HackerYou, I will get where I want to be.

• Laurie O'Connor  User Photo
    Laurie O'Connor • Front End Web Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the PT Web Development Fundamentals followed by the PT Advanced Web Development courses in the Fall of 2016 and then attended and succesfully completed the FT Web Development Immersive Bootcamp in Spring 2017.  Although there are people who are able to apply to the Bootcamp and be accepted without going through the PT program, I highly recommend it.  Going through PT first allowed me to complete 3 projects and get an good understanding of the expectations for attending HY full time.  It was working through the PT projects that sucessfully prepared me for the tech challange and gave me the confidence I needed to apply for bootcamp.  I was also able to see what I could expect from the class environment at HY.

Anne Thomas was the course instructor (who was great) and there was always a minimum of 2 mentors available as well to answer questions.  The majority of our time in class was hands on.  We were constantly coding along during lectures, and then had time after lectures to continue to work on the skills we had just learned.  There was never time to sit and wonder about what was next as we were constantly involved in the learning process, not just being told about the things we would eventually know how to do.  The environment was fun, allowed for questions on the spot to clarify any doubts, and although days could be long, they always felt as though the time went fast.

Bootcamp was intense.  I was a married mother of a 5 year old when I left for the 9 week bootcamp.  I saw my family on Sundays for a couple of hours when they would come into Toronto to see me for the day.  This is no light commitment.
    If you are thinking that this will be a college type of experience, you are very mistaken. When I wasn't at HY learning, then I was at HY working on a project, or up early/late working on projects.  Bootcamp is expensive, and not something that you will hopefully ever need to do again.  But you need to commit, and follow Heather's instructions.  She will lay it on the line for you.  HY wouldn't still be around if she didn't know what she was talking about.

I've been working as a Front End Dev for 5 months now and I can honestly say that attending HY is what made that possible.  I left bootcamp with the coding skills I needed, but also with a great understanding of the interview process and what kind of jobs to apply for. Having the ability to review jobs offers with Heather was amazing.  I felt confident in asking for what I felt my skills were worth, and it was great knowing that Heather would be able to steer me clear of offers that were not what they should be.

• Angelo  User Photo
    Angelo • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Fall 2017 Part-Time JavaScript course. I really enjoyed my time at HackerYou and I took my skills to the next level. I had basic HTML/CSS skills coming into the course (that weren't really part of the curriculum, but you get more practice as you play around with the projects), but the course was comprehensive in everything about JavaScript - including classes in the advanced portion of the course in React. What I would recommend in the future is more practice with React, APIs and other advanced topics. Also, I would have loved to learn more about other industry topics - like using GitHub, Node and employment.

The best part about HackerYou, however, is how they treat you. Christopher, one of the staff in charge of students, was incredibly nice and responsive to your needs. He brought surprises like food on certain days, for little things like the WiFi not working. The instructors and mentors (Anne, Trudy and Garrett) were extremely helpful and worth the whole experience. I wouldn't have learned as much as I did without their support.

In my opinion, this was a great experience to learn more about coding and to learn from industry professionals, in a wonderful caring environment.

• Sick Place
    - 12/16/2017
    Bora ALAP  User Photo
    Bora ALAP • UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I would suggest this place for sure. in a short time, you can learn a lot. And having 3 teachers in the class helps alot.

• Chantale  User Photo
    Chantale • Front-End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended HackerYou's Web Development Immersive Program in the Summer of 2017. I was hired 2 weeks after graduating. Prior to attending HackerYou, I thought they made a lot of claims but they really do deliver.  This program had a huge impact on my life. Not only can I call myself a web developer, but I have learned how to market myself and the "art" of getting a job.

• Laura D.  User Photo
    Laura D. • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended HackerYou’s full time immersive Front End Web Development bootcamp in April of 2017 and graduated in June 2017. This is a 10 week, Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm course, and teaches you HTML for about a week, CSS for about a week (including SASS, responsive design, flex box which I believe has been swapped out for CSS Grid), then JavaScript, jQuery, and ReactJS for the remaining ~7 weeks. The final week is spent preparing a portfolio site for your demo night and Speed-interview day (industry day).

Anyone considering a coding bootcamp should be aware that this is a full time commitment. You are expected to produce a project per week in a language you learned mere days ago. You will not have time to work evenings/weekends, and you probably won’t see your friends for 3 months. That being said, you will meet a wonderful group of fellow students, and will have the full support of staff and mentors (previous grads from the program who are paired up with a student to offer guidance). This was one of the most uplifting community of people I have ever been surrounded by. Heather Payne (CEO, founder) hand picks applicants to make sure that they’re going to be a good fit. During her initial interview, she gets a feel for your hobbies, personality, work ethic, and drive. This means that the people who attend HackerYou are all driven, fantastic humans from all ages, skill levels, and career backgrounds.

The instructors are, by far, my favourite part of this course. Each instructor is hilarious, thorough, and incredibly patient. They make the material interesting, and will go over it as many times as you need to understand. There is also in-class project work time a few times a week where the instructors and mentors walk around and help with your projects. You also get exposure to many industry practices (I had never used Slack for messaging before, but got the hang of it at HY. We also practiced Stand Up’s, which is a concept my office uses every day).

Overall, this is the perfect course to kickstart a new career. It gives you an in-depth understanding of many programming languages, but more importantly it teaches you how to learn quickly, fail quickly, and try again. Once the course is over, the cohort still meets once a week for job-hunting tips, and everyone is still expected to hand in projects until they find a job. Heather has a foolproof system for job hunting and will not quit until you’re settled in a good position for a salary you deserve. The community is definitely what sets HackerYou apart from other bootcamps in the area.

Personally, when I finished the bootcamp, I had 4 job interviews and was hired as a Junior Dev within a month. My salary is double what it was at my previous job, and I’m still learning new things everyday and am on a great team.
  • ellen  User Photo
    ellen • software engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended the bootcamp in early 2017. I had a great experience and ended up getting a job as a developer afterwards.

I first took HackerYou's part time intro to web development and really liked the course and learning environment so I signed up for their bootcamp not long after.

The curriculum is solid and gave me the fundamental knowledge I needed to start a career as a developer. All the instructors were very supportive, enthusiastic and they clearly enjoyed sharing all their experience and knowledge with students. We finished 7 projects during the  course and did lots of code-alongs during class which I found very useful. By the end of the bootcamp we had a portfolio site ready with all our projects.

I really enjoyed the course and learning environment, would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to learn to code.

• Landon  User Photo
    Landon • Front end developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Learning coding at hackeryou is one of the best decisions i made in my life. It is definitely worth every penny. I was a Wordpress developer for few years but my html/css was very limited. After did all the research, i decided to take intro and advanced Web Development at Hackeryou. Tiffany was the lead instructor of the program. I must say Tiff is one of the best teachers in my life. I never met anyone who is so passionate and caring about students like Tiff. She and Tom are not only  a knowledgable teacher but also lovely human beings. I never missed one class because they made us feel the class like home. She and Tom(her finance') helped us to gain  n-depth knowledges about web development. From zero knowledge about web development, now im capable of coding efficiently. My plan is taking javascript class with Tiff again in January. Im very excited about this. This actually changed my life. Open next page for me in career, i definitely recommend !

• Alex  User Photo
    Alex • Front End Developer • Student Verified via Linkedin

I took this course in conjunction with Intro to JavaScript & jQuery, which allows you to fully understand, in baby steps, the fundamentals of JS and jQuery. The advanced course moves quickly, which is good because it kept me on my toes. I never wanted to miss a class because so much is covered in three hours.

The class was lead by Drew Minns who is a great teacher and mentor. He has a laid-back but professional attitude and has a great sense of humour, which is great because JS can at times seem so dry and static. He also brought his dog Prudence in to class which is always the best in learning environments.

The class size is great - I never felt too shy to ask a question, and that's coming from an INFJ personality.

The mentors were great, too (Trudy Jordan and Garrett) and were always available for quick questions in-class, after-class, and over Slack. I enjoyed when they took over a class because they showed us a different way of thinking about problems than our instructor might have.

I took this course for work, and I would recommend this class to anyone looking to advance their learning in JavaScript! 10/10!

• T.suon • Student
    DONOT fall for these corporate scammer. They will try manipulate you into paying money for their overpriced course that you don't need using false promise. When I confronted them about the issue, they refuse to admit it. I also requested to listen to the conversation I had with an agent, they refuse to let me. Complete corporate scum.

Please read other reviews before giving your money to these people. Other people also experienced the same issue.  There are better options at other colleges and universities to choose from beside this college, so tread carefully and don't fall for the same scam as I did.
    Response From: Heather Payne of Juno College of Technology
    Title: CEO & Founder
    Wednesday, Jan 12 2022
    Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Some of our beginner courses are the first step in our Career Pathways, which are a series of courses and Bootcamps dedicated to setting students up for success in their career change. We're sorry to hear about your experience, and we know that it is disappointing to not be accepted into our Data Analytics Bootcamp after completing our part-time Data Analytics course. As we've shared with you over email, our team is always here to work together with our applicants to help them improve, and encourage people to apply again. If you have any additional feedback or questions, we'd love to help - please get in touch with us directly at info@junocollege.com.
  • Disorganized
    - 8/10/2021
    Trevor
    They're sales team puts so much pressure on you to take a course and lies about financial assistance that's hard to access.  The instructors are kind and really smart
    Response From: Heather Payne of Juno College of Technology
    Title: CEO & Founder
    Monday, Sep 13 2021
    Hi Trevor, we're sorry to hear about your experience with our Sales Team. We'll be sure to look into our practices based on your feedback. Transparent and student-friendly financial options are very important to us at Juno, and we're always looking for ways to make our options more accessible so that students can make an informed decision when choosing to learn with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback - we're also happy to hear that you enjoyed learning with our wonderful instructors!
  • Emma • Web Developer • Graduate
    Awesome curriculum and teachers and the students are very hardworking and enthusiastic about learning.