juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Juno College of Technology offers a 9-week, full-time web development immersive, and an 8-week, part-time web development course in Toronto, Canada. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses are Web Development Fundamentals & Advanced Web Development, JavaScript Fundamentals & Advanced JavaScript, UX Fundamentals & Advanced UX, and a Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. The programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development programs, students have a great website and portfolio, and the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (207) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (6) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Custom Theme Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our Custom Theme Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
  • Data Foundations

LocationToronto
    Data Foundations is an entry-level course unlike any other offered in Toronto, designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Foundations brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level-up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you walk into your first class you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
  • Justine  User Photo
    Justine • Account Supervisor • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am an Account Supervisor in a Creative Agency, I was looking for a new challenge this year and wanted to broaden my skill set, by delivering websites, mobile apps and other online experiences that provide more meaningful and relevant experiences to users. I also want to be a better asset to my team and challenge myself.

These 12 weeks at HackerYou were amazing with Ricardo, Jas, and Jen. They were patient, they provided insightful feedback and had great advice to help us think outside the box. I have learned a lot about how to understand and solve a wicked problem, and how to transform different ideas into a seamless whole. We worked on insightful methodologies, user guides, and group projects. It was an inclusive and great environment to share with the mentors and the other students. I was able to expand my creativity but also embrace discomfort in an analytical way.

I had the chance to attend both the fundamentals and advanced UX design classes and work on 2 capstone projects. The projects were challenging and a great way to use my personal skills into these projects.

These courses brought a real added value to my resume. I am always excited to learn and explore new areas to boost my career. I would definitely recommend these courses to my friends or colleagues, who would like to challenge themselves.
  • Tevin Pilgrim  User Photo
    Tevin Pilgrim • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have recently just completed the Winter 2018, Part-time Web Development Course and it left me wanting to do more. HackerYou is one of the best schools I’ve been to. It is a very accepting environment. It’s hard to find a place that greets you with a smile every time you walk in but HackerYou one of those places. The teachers and mentors are all a pleasure to be around. They are all quick to help with problems with either a smile or a joke.This creates a great atmosphere to be in and exciting to stay almst like a second home.

The course projects are a lot of fun and have a way of pushing you to your best. Unlike other institutions you do not receive a mark but that feeling of accomplishment when you finish the project, knowing that you pushed yourself and gave your best effort. Project 3 is where you get full control of the development of the page. I can say that I have learned alot through the trial and error.

• Melody Yun  User Photo
    Melody Yun • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I took the part-time JavaScript course at HackerYou and now I'll be going into the full-time Bootcamp. I highly recommend HackerYou. They have an incredible support system and a team of dedicated teachers/mentors who are always willing to help.

Tiff was my instructor and she as amazing. The pacing of the class was good and HackerYou takes into account feedback from the students. Tiff tailored the lessons to our class and I appreciate that we are always taught the latest in web development.

Prior to entering HackerYou, I was attending a college for computer programming. I have to say that HackerYou was a major upgrade. The instructors here have current experience in the field and they are always pushing themselves to learn what is trending in the industry so they can pass that information on to their students. They are knowledgeable and invested in the success of their students.

• Barnabas  User Photo
    Barnabas • UI Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Although the bootcamp was challenging in various ways, it was made easier by my lovely cohort members, the knowledgable and supportive instructors, and the alumni of HackerYou who are more than willing to give up their time to give back and help. As a developer you are expected to never stop learning, but HackerYou's bootcamp provides a strong foundation which you can build upon and will provide you industry relevant skills which you will use directly on the job as a developer. If you have concerns about time management, I along with many other members of my cohort commuted everyday to and from HackerYou everyday, and I personally was still able to make time to go to the gym twice a week, which was something very important for me to maintain.

All in all I can't say enough good things about HackerYou and it's community. If you're hesitant about jumping right into the bootcamp and have the time, look into the part-time class which provides you with the fundamentals of HTML and CSS which definetly made the first two weeks of bootcamp way easier and gave me the opportunity to get a sense about HackerYou and what it was all about.

• In love
    - 1/24/2018
    Robyn  User Photo
    Robyn • budding web-developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I'm just finishing up the part-time advanced web-dev course, after having finished the corresponding intro course. I took these courses because I felt I needed to learn a bit more in preparation for applying to the bootcamp. And wow, am I glad I did! Not only did I get accepted into the bootcamp, but haven taken the intro course is definitely helping me get the most out of it. In fact, I can’t imaging going through the bootcamp without having taken the part-time course first. Taking it cemented the idea that this is the place for me. This school has such an amazing community, and is the most inclusive to differences that I have experienced. I have never learned so much so fast in my life; they have their teaching-methods down to an art. It comes down to this: I feel challenged, supported, and welcomed here. I also feel that with the help of HackerYou, I will get where I want to be.

• Laurie O'Connor  User Photo
    Laurie O'Connor • Front End Web Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the PT Web Development Fundamentals followed by the PT Advanced Web Development courses in the Fall of 2016 and then attended and succesfully completed the FT Web Development Immersive Bootcamp in Spring 2017.  Although there are people who are able to apply to the Bootcamp and be accepted without going through the PT program, I highly recommend it.  Going through PT first allowed me to complete 3 projects and get an good understanding of the expectations for attending HY full time.  It was working through the PT projects that sucessfully prepared me for the tech challange and gave me the confidence I needed to apply for bootcamp.  I was also able to see what I could expect from the class environment at HY.

Anne Thomas was the course instructor (who was great) and there was always a minimum of 2 mentors available as well to answer questions.  The majority of our time in class was hands on.  We were constantly coding along during lectures, and then had time after lectures to continue to work on the skills we had just learned.  There was never time to sit and wonder about what was next as we were constantly involved in the learning process, not just being told about the things we would eventually know how to do.  The environment was fun, allowed for questions on the spot to clarify any doubts, and although days could be long, they always felt as though the time went fast.

Bootcamp was intense.  I was a married mother of a 5 year old when I left for the 9 week bootcamp.  I saw my family on Sundays for a couple of hours when they would come into Toronto to see me for the day.  This is no light commitment.
    If you are thinking that this will be a college type of experience, you are very mistaken. When I wasn't at HY learning, then I was at HY working on a project, or up early/late working on projects.  Bootcamp is expensive, and not something that you will hopefully ever need to do again.  But you need to commit, and follow Heather's instructions.  She will lay it on the line for you.  HY wouldn't still be around if she didn't know what she was talking about.

I've been working as a Front End Dev for 5 months now and I can honestly say that attending HY is what made that possible.  I left bootcamp with the coding skills I needed, but also with a great understanding of the interview process and what kind of jobs to apply for. Having the ability to review jobs offers with Heather was amazing.  I felt confident in asking for what I felt my skills were worth, and it was great knowing that Heather would be able to steer me clear of offers that were not what they should be.

• Angelo  User Photo
    Angelo • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Fall 2017 Part-Time JavaScript course. I really enjoyed my time at HackerYou and I took my skills to the next level. I had basic HTML/CSS skills coming into the course (that weren't really part of the curriculum, but you get more practice as you play around with the projects), but the course was comprehensive in everything about JavaScript - including classes in the advanced portion of the course in React. What I would recommend in the future is more practice with React, APIs and other advanced topics. Also, I would have loved to learn more about other industry topics - like using GitHub, Node and employment.

The best part about HackerYou, however, is how they treat you. Christopher, one of the staff in charge of students, was incredibly nice and responsive to your needs. He brought surprises like food on certain days, for little things like the WiFi not working. The instructors and mentors (Anne, Trudy and Garrett) were extremely helpful and worth the whole experience. I wouldn't have learned as much as I did without their support.

In my opinion, this was a great experience to learn more about coding and to learn from industry professionals, in a wonderful caring environment.

• Sick Place
    - 12/16/2017
    Bora ALAP  User Photo
    Bora ALAP • UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I would suggest this place for sure. in a short time, you can learn a lot. And having 3 teachers in the class helps alot.

• Chantale  User Photo
    Chantale • Front-End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended HackerYou's Web Development Immersive Program in the Summer of 2017. I was hired 2 weeks after graduating. Prior to attending HackerYou, I thought they made a lot of claims but they really do deliver.  This program had a huge impact on my life. Not only can I call myself a web developer, but I have learned how to market myself and the "art" of getting a job.

• Laura D.  User Photo
    Laura D. • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended HackerYou’s full time immersive Front End Web Development bootcamp in April of 2017 and graduated in June 2017. This is a 10 week, Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm course, and teaches you HTML for about a week, CSS for about a week (including SASS, responsive design, flex box which I believe has been swapped out for CSS Grid), then JavaScript, jQuery, and ReactJS for the remaining ~7 weeks. The final week is spent preparing a portfolio site for your demo night and Speed-interview day (industry day).

Anyone considering a coding bootcamp should be aware that this is a full time commitment. You are expected to produce a project per week in a language you learned mere days ago. You will not have time to work evenings/weekends, and you probably won’t see your friends for 3 months. That being said, you will meet a wonderful group of fellow students, and will have the full support of staff and mentors (previous grads from the program who are paired up with a student to offer guidance). This was one of the most uplifting community of people I have ever been surrounded by. Heather Payne (CEO, founder) hand picks applicants to make sure that they’re going to be a good fit. During her initial interview, she gets a feel for your hobbies, personality, work ethic, and drive. This means that the people who attend HackerYou are all driven, fantastic humans from all ages, skill levels, and career backgrounds.

The instructors are, by far, my favourite part of this course. Each instructor is hilarious, thorough, and incredibly patient. They make the material interesting, and will go over it as many times as you need to understand. There is also in-class project work time a few times a week where the instructors and mentors walk around and help with your projects. You also get exposure to many industry practices (I had never used Slack for messaging before, but got the hang of it at HY. We also practiced Stand Up’s, which is a concept my office uses every day).

Overall, this is the perfect course to kickstart a new career. It gives you an in-depth understanding of many programming languages, but more importantly it teaches you how to learn quickly, fail quickly, and try again. Once the course is over, the cohort still meets once a week for job-hunting tips, and everyone is still expected to hand in projects until they find a job. Heather has a foolproof system for job hunting and will not quit until you’re settled in a good position for a salary you deserve. The community is definitely what sets HackerYou apart from other bootcamps in the area.

Personally, when I finished the bootcamp, I had 4 job interviews and was hired as a Junior Dev within a month. My salary is double what it was at my previous job, and I’m still learning new things everyday and am on a great team.
  • ellen  User Photo
    ellen • software engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended the bootcamp in early 2017. I had a great experience and ended up getting a job as a developer afterwards.

I first took HackerYou's part time intro to web development and really liked the course and learning environment so I signed up for their bootcamp not long after.

The curriculum is solid and gave me the fundamental knowledge I needed to start a career as a developer. All the instructors were very supportive, enthusiastic and they clearly enjoyed sharing all their experience and knowledge with students. We finished 7 projects during the  course and did lots of code-alongs during class which I found very useful. By the end of the bootcamp we had a portfolio site ready with all our projects.

I really enjoyed the course and learning environment, would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to learn to code.

• Landon  User Photo
    Landon • Front end developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Learning coding at hackeryou is one of the best decisions i made in my life. It is definitely worth every penny. I was a Wordpress developer for few years but my html/css was very limited. After did all the research, i decided to take intro and advanced Web Development at Hackeryou. Tiffany was the lead instructor of the program. I must say Tiff is one of the best teachers in my life. I never met anyone who is so passionate and caring about students like Tiff. She and Tom are not only  a knowledgable teacher but also lovely human beings. I never missed one class because they made us feel the class like home. She and Tom(her finance') helped us to gain  n-depth knowledges about web development. From zero knowledge about web development, now im capable of coding efficiently. My plan is taking javascript class with Tiff again in January. Im very excited about this. This actually changed my life. Open next page for me in career, i definitely recommend !