juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Online, Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Founded in 2012 as HackerYou, Juno College of Technology is a post-graduate coding school that offers full-time and part-time Web Development, UX Design, and Data Analytics courses both live online and on campus in Toronto, Canada. Juno is dedicated to helping young people get ahead, and fosters an inclusive community of diverse learners. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills, like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses include JavaScript, UX Design, Data Analytics, Wordpress & Shopify Development, React, and Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. Juno’s programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development bootcamp, students have created a website and portfolio, and have in-demand and future-proof skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS. Juno College of Technology offers student-friendly payment options, such as Pay What You Can Income Share Agreements.

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios. Juno graduates receive ongoing support from the Career Services Team to help graduates land a web developer position. Juno prides itself on its strong partnerships that have led to Juno graduates working with innovative companies around the world, from independent start-ups to big tech organizations. Juno also offers 2-week, accelerated Continuing Education courses for tech-savvy learners.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (223) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (7) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Data Analytics

Start Date May 25, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Data Analytics is an entry-level course designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Analytics brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
    May 25, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
  • Full-Stack Development

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    Start Date June 26, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
    June 26, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    Start Date April 25, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
    April 25, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
    May 25, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
    July 26, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
    July 27, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
  • React

React.js
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    Start Date May 18, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
    May 18, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    Start Date April 25, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
    April 25, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
  • Web Development Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    Start Date May 10, 2021
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
    May 10, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
    June 14, 2021 - Online Apply by March 24, 2021
  • WordPress & Shopify Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationOnline, Toronto
    Our WordPress & Shopify Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning how to build custom themes for in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients as a freelancer, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
  • Adrian Dixon  User Photo
    Adrian Dixon • Web Developer • Verified via LinkedIn

Taking this class has really helped me to catch up on the Java side of development along with learning React which was something I've been wanting to do for awhile but didn't get around to it. The lecturers know what they're teaching and wouldn't hesitate to assist if I fall behind at anytime. I would definitely recommend HackerYou/Juno College to anyone who either wants to brush up on their skills/learn something new that will benefit them in the future. I wish all the best to the team as well as the classmates who took the course with me. Cheers - and remember, mongoose is not a bird!

• Phenomenal
    - 7/30/2019
    Emma  User Photo
    Emma • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I took the Web Development Immersive class with Wes Bos and it was one of the most beneficial and rewarding learning experiences I could have asked for. The class was incredibly hands-on and the amount of information I learned and was able to apply immediately was staggering. I'm returning for more courses in the coming weeks and can't wait to dive back into their classroom.

• Ella  User Photo
    Ella • Product Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Ricardo was my instructor in the summer of 2018. His classes were so well put together. He's got a great blend of personal stories, examples, and class participation. Every student was engaged throughout the entire class. I found that this course was a great intro to the fundamentals. One thing to note is that the course is heavily focused on staying problem oriented vs. solution oriented—meaning you try to do as much research and investigation before deciding what the answer to your problem will be. There is not a lot of focus on visual design in the course, more on building on the ideas your are coming up with for your projects. The work environment was good there, it was fairly relaxed. It's up to you to make the most of it.

• Janel Lucia  User Photo
    Janel Lucia • Product (UX/UI) Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended Hacker You's Full-time front end Bootcamp AND the UX Design class. I learned so much from both courses and was propelled into my career in tech. The UX course with Ricardo gave me the foundations I needed to break into a UX design role, I still reference my notes from the course. Ricardo is an amazing instructor and is super supportive in helping you formulate your ideas and execute them in a professional manner.

Would I recommend Hacker You to others? Most definitely, Yes!!!! Before attending each course I did a ton of research and what attracted me to HY both times was their dedication to diversity and inclusion and not to mention Hack You is a female-founded college.

Not only are the courses extremely informative but the community is extremely supportive and I would pay the course amount for the slack channel alone. Totally worth the value.
  • Scott Fuller  User Photo
    Scott Fuller • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having recently finished the HackerYou Web Development Immersive bootcamp, I can genuinely say that it was one of the best decisions of my life to enrol in the program. For a number of years I had thought that web development could be a great career for me, but I was nervous about making the transition from my stable day job. I started by taking the part time Web Development program last spring, which let me dip my feet into the water before investing in the full time program. I was really glad I did as it introduced me to the core concepts of web dev, along with immersing me in the supportive and friendly learning environment that HY has created. After completing the part time course I knew that there was no other school that I would want to attend for a full time program – from the high-quality teachers to the environment that supports inclusion and diversity, it was a no brainer for me to apply for the bootcamp at HY. The experience of the bootcamp was definitely intense, but it allowed me to learn current languages and skills that are wanted by employers (React, JavaScript, SASS, etc) in a time period that minimized how long I was out of work. On top of this, having never been a person who enjoyed traditional school, the project-based strategy that focuses on learning by doing really worked for me. One month after completing the program, I just landed by first job as a Front End Developer and I know that I wouldn’t have been able to get to this point without HackerYou. I would highly recommend HY to anyone who is curious about web development, or those who are interested in changing their career – you won’t regret it!

• Roberto Meech  User Photo
    Roberto Meech • Front-End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was at a crossroads in my life when I heard about HackerYou. Fresh after writing the LSAT, I was struggling trying to figure out if that was the right path for me. After a few months of contemplation, I realized that if I was ever going to make a leap of faith into a different field, it had to be then. I started researching the best web-dev programs in Canada, and I narrowed it down to a few before I spoke to a friend and HackerYou alum. She told me about her experience and about how Heather personally motivates you and helps you find your first position after the program. It sounded way too good to be true.

Once I submitted my initial application for the web-dev immersive program, I was told that it would be a great idea to take the part-time course first. A little snag in my plans seeing as how I lived in Ottawa, but it made complete sense and would prepare me/give me a better chance at acceptance.

So I made the leap of faith. I signed a six-month sublease in Toronto with only one plan in mind – to take the part time course from January to April, and then the immersive course from April to June.

The part-time course has to be the best way to dip your feet into the field. The full-time immersive program felt like a summer camp. We all felt like we were in it together and wanted to see each other succeed. In both programs, the instructors were among the best I’ve come across in my academic career. They are so patient, supportive, and talented. The exact same goes for the staff (including Dug) at HackerYou. Everyone greets you with a smile and makes you feel like part of the family.

Fast-forward one year from when I made this decision – I met an incredibly talented and supportive community, I’ve made lifelong friendships, and I am genuinely happy on Sunday nights. I look forward to the work I do. HackerYou not only teaches you hard skills, but a mindset that you can learn anything. I can’t really put into words how strongly I’d recommend HackerYou as a place to learn web development, as it was easily one of the best decisions I’ve made.

• Marc Brathwaite  User Photo
    Marc Brathwaite • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just completed the Full-Time Web Development Immersive bootcamp at HackerYou, and I can honestly say that it was an awesome and lifechanging experience. Heather (CEO) and her team are a group of amazing individuals who go all out to ensure every bootcamp student is extremely well equiped for future careers as developers.

Before the Full Time bootcamp, I worked in the Telecoms industry for 10 years and recently decided I wanted a change in career. After an initial unsuccessful attempt to get into the bootcamp, I was advised by HackerYou to first attend the part-time Web Development course. I truly believe this set me up for success in the bootcamp as I was given a solid foundation in HTML, CSS and JQuery, and I would highly recommend going this route before applying for the bootcamp.

The bootcamp itself was a challenging and rewarding experience. It is designed such that you are taught web technologies and standards which are presently being used in the tech industry. You are also provided with hands-on project-based experience where you would create 6 websites/web applications which can then be showcased in a portfolio website, a critical component in job applications for Junior Developer roles. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable and deliver the course content in a clear and easy to understand manner. They also provide excellent feedback and support on all projects assigned during the bootcamp. I was also very impressed with how in-depth and comprehensive the online notes provided by HackerYou were, and you are given lifetime access to these notes as an added bonus. However, I would say my favourite part of the bootcamp was the extremely positive and collaborative environment encouraged by the HackerYou staff. Even on the gloomiest of days, stepping into the HackerYou office quickly brightened your mood; a fact echoed by many of my fellow bootcamp colleagues. Another highlight was the Industry Day Event held on the final afternoon, where students had an opportunity to deliver their elevator pitches to perspective employers through 2 minutes speed interviews, as well as network with these employers afterwards. This was an extremely fun and enjoyable event, the outcome of which I was able to land an interview and an eventual job offer.

Post bootcamp, Heather still has your back. This amazing woman continues to provide invaluable support through the job-hunting process. She provides a “tried and tested” procedure for approaching job applications and is available at any time to provide advice in navigating this process. If you do receive a job offer, she also has sound advice for negotiating your job offer terms.  If you follow Heather's instructions, you WILL get a job.

Lastly, special mention goes to Charlotte, the Bootcamp Operations Manager, who ensured the bootcamp ran very smoothly and provided excellent support to students.

• Ross Whiteford  User Photo
    Ross Whiteford • IT Business Analyst • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    I went from zero web development experience to being able to build basic responsive websites thanks to HackerYou! The curriculum takes you through basic and advanced HTML & CSS , and shows you how to leverage other technologies like JavaScript to really make the sites you build look professional. The curriculum is easy to follow and the instructors and mentors explain complex topics in an easy to understand and entertaining way; injecting humor and personality into the lessons. I would recommend this course to anyone who is just starting out on their web development path, or those who have struggled with self-directed learning. While you probably won't land a job as a developer after completing the course, it's a great foundation to build and gives you the leg-up if you're contemplating applying for a Bootcamp course.
  • Geoff Grossman  User Photo
    Geoff Grossman • Student Verified via GitHub

From having no idea about what goes into making a website, to  being able to create a full responsive multi page website in 9 weeks is pretty impressive. The teachers are really friendly and resourceful, and the ciriculum is set in such a way where you feel like you are adding more pieces to your toolbox. I highly recomennd this course for anyone who is wanting to make a switch in to Front end web developement.

• Amazing Experience
    - 11/26/2018
    Julie Bam  User Photo
    Julie Bam • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I wanted to share with you my experience with HackerYou. A few months into my maternity leave I have decided to look for an alternate career path and at the beginning was looking at going into Software QA but researched further into careers in IT and stumbled upon web development. Initially I tried to learn online but quickly realized I need a class environment to learn well. At that point I decided to look into schools that teach web dev. I initially signed for a Con-Ed course at George Brown due to the cost of the course but then look into it deeper and felt that George Brown is not going to give me the skills I need to succeed and then I started looking into coding schools and found HackerYou to be the best fit. I dropped the GB course and in the last moment signed up for the P/T Intro and Advanced Web Development course and let me tell you it was the right decision. Yes, it is triple the cost but it is worth it. The education you will get at HackerYou is invaluable. They will get you to where you want to be. There are no exams and tests you learn by doing projects and honestly it is the best way to learn. I am amazed at how I went from very little knowledge to building responsive multi-page websites in just 12 weeks. The mentors and instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful. Currently I am applying for the HackerYou bootcamp and I am confident that I am well prepared for it.

• Mark Cortejos  User Photo
    Mark Cortejos • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Hi all!
    I completed the Web Development Fundamentals course and am wrapping up the Web Development Advanced course and I have to say that I've had a fantastic experience learning web development with HackerYou. If you're looking to pick up web development skills, this is definitely the place to do it.

The instructors for both courses are all seasoned web dev professionals so they're highly knowledgeable, helpful, and patient with those just learning to code. They're also all HackerYou alumni, which is a testament not only to the effectiveness of the courses at HackerYou but the strong sense of community that is fostered around it.

The curriculum is updated frequently to keep in line with the current practices in the industry and the course notes are detailed yet easy to understand. We learn via practical exercises so we're always practicing our coding skills. I particularly like how real examples from live websites are often used to illustrate the different techniques we're being taught in the course. It's a great way to show exactly what can be done with the knowledge we've gained.

The project-based assignments can be difficult but are designed to push the limits of what we cover in the course. By keeping us just a little out of our comfort zone, HackerYou makes sure that our skills are kept sharp and that students become comfortable with using the knowledge gained in new and innovative ways.

All in all the courses are fast-paced and there is a lot of content to cover, but HackerYou does a great job making learning to code an exciting and accessible experience. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in learning web development.

• Maria Mosmann  User Photo
    Maria Mosmann • Student Verified via LinkedIn

When I decided it was time to make a career change I started searching for a coding school, and there are plenty. When it came to HackerYou alumni the reviews had something in common: how their experience were amazing in class and beyond that.

Having finished their Web Development Fundamentals course I can now say that myself.

Not only the course is structured in a way that you learn A LOT without even realizing, but every single HackerYour team member is an amazing professional that loves what they do, and it reflects on their work. Classes were never boring, it never felt like a chore, it didn't even looked like I was about to spend the majority of my Sunday studying! I was excited about what new amazing things we'd learn that day. Everybody was. HackerYou creates a sense of community, where people from the most diverse backgrounds can feel valued for what they can bring to the table, and what they can learn from one another. Our instructor (Jazz) and our mentors (Allison and Meagan) were always friendly and approachable, no questions left unanswered.

If you want to start coding but don't know how to start, or already have a basic knowledge but want to step up your skills, this is the course for you. If you work with devs and want to be able to communicate with them better, this is the course for you. If you are thinking about changing your career but don't want to make the big jump yet, you guessed it right, this is the course for you! Now I know for certain that I want to go down this yellow brick road. I'm still impressed by how much I've learned in class!

This course is good even if you have 0 knowledge about HTML and CSS, and I mean it. Don't feel discouraged if you barely know how to turn your computer on, in a matter of weeks you'll have a new set of impressive skills!