juno-college-of-technology-logo

Juno College of Technology

Toronto

Juno College of Technology

Founded in 2012 as HackerYou, Juno College of Technology is a post-graduate coding school that offers full-time and part-time Web Development, UX Design, and Data Analytics courses both live online and on campus in Toronto, Canada. Juno is dedicated to helping young people get ahead, and fosters an inclusive community of diverse learners. Juno’s full-time Web Development Immersive bootcamp covers HTML5 & CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, API and WordPress as well as non-technical skills, like personal branding, finding and managing clients, and growing a business. Juno's part-time courses include JavaScript, UX Design, Data Analytics, Wordpress & Shopify Development, React, and Full-Stack Masterclass. Part-time classes run in the evenings, twice a week for 8 weeks or on weekends, once a week for 8 weeks. Juno’s programs focus on hands-on, project-based learning from industry-leading professionals with small classes and a 10:1 ratio of students to instructors. By the end of the web development bootcamp, students have created a website and portfolio, and have in-demand and future-proof skills needed to succeed as developers.

Juno College of Technology is ideal for people looking to climb the corporate ladder, upgrade their skills, or start a new career. Prospective applicants will need to fill out an online form describing their background and experience, and participate in a video or in-person interview. For the full-time immersive course, students should have a high school diploma or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of HTML and CSS. Juno College of Technology offers student-friendly payment options, such as Pay What You Can Income Share Agreements.,

For job seekers, Juno helps students craft a technical resume, nail an interview, and negotiate their salary via career coaching. The curriculum covers personal branding and how to position yourself to employers. At the end of the course, Juno College of Technology hosts Industry Day where students can network with hiring partners and showcase their portfolios. Juno graduates receive ongoing support from the Career Services Team to help graduates land a web developer position. Juno prides itself on its strong partnerships that have led to Juno graduates working with innovative companies around the world, from independent start-ups to big tech organizations. Juno also offers 2-week, accelerated Continuing Education courses for tech-savvy learners.

Recent Juno College of Technology Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (214) reviews for Juno College of Technology →

Recent Juno College of Technology News

Read all (6) articles about Juno College of Technology →
  • Data Analytics

LocationToronto
    Data Analytics is an entry-level course designed to teach you functional data literacy - the understanding of how data and analytics fit into your day-to-day work, an increasingly in-demand skill in today’s data-driven society. If you work in a role with access to data, but aren’t sure how to use it, this course will give you the understanding of data you need to start making strategic decisions. Data Analytics brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to better understand the data they work with. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis beginner-friendly course is for problem-solvers who want to learn how to make more informed and strategic decisions in their day-to-day work.
  • Full-Stack Masterclass

MongoDB, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    Start Date October 25, 2020
    LocationToronto
    This course is made for developers committed to doing what it takes to level up. Through six-hours of weekly lessons, you’ll able to really dig in and explore complex concepts every class. Lessons are supplemented by mentored office hours once a week. We’ve perfected the course schedule to ensure an engaging and intensive experience that can be balanced with a full-time job. This unique course is designed to fill in gaps and push developers to level up, while preparing them for the next stage in their career. From scope outline to deployment, your in-class learning will be focused on real world skills through the creation of a single-page web application.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is ideal for Bootcamp graduates (whether you attended Juno College’s Program or another one), and self-taught developers.
    October 25, 2020 - Toronto
  • JavaScript

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    Start Date January 11, 2021
    LocationToronto
    This JavaScript course is a unique offering in Toronto. Nowhere else can you join a classroom of people focused specifically on learning JavaScript. Since HTML & CSS are a prerequisite, you’ll dive right into JavaScript and spend 48 in-class hours mastering curriculum that is regularly updated to ensure you’re learning the best, most relevant programming topics. Learn how to add more depth to your websites in our JavaScript course. You'll start with learning the basics of functional programming including objects, arrays, and jQuery. You’ll then cover APIs, AJAX, and promises, among other topics. You will leave this course with the perfect addition to your front-end skillset.
    Minimum Skill LevelStrong understanding of the basics of HTML & CSS is required to take this course.
    January 11, 2021 - Toronto
    February 8, 2021 - Toronto
    March 1, 2021 - Toronto
  • React

React.js
    LocationToronto
    In our React course, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of this powerful library and key industry-standards designed to level up your JavaScript workflow. In this course, we'll cover React fundamentals and best practices before diving into advanced topics like Hooks and Testing. Whether you’re already working with React or a novice JavaScript developer ready to learn a new framework, you'll leave this course with new skills under your belt. React brings together a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all eager to improve their JavaScript skills with this dynamic library. At Juno, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, safe classroom for all that choose to learn with us. And a welcoming one! From the moment you start your first class, you’ll be a member of the warm Juno community of staff, students, and alumni.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is for anyone looking to use React to level up their JavaScript skill set and improve their workflows.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationToronto
    Our UX Design course is designed for those working as designers or developers, as well as alumni of our part-time web development courses. While your learnings in this course remain rooted in user experience and user interaction principles, we will also dive deep into learning how people think. Your in-class exercises and projects will hold the human at the core of all concepts being learned. At the end of this course you’ll have two original, portfolio-worthy projects that solve real-world problem using design thinking. Your first portfolio project will tackle the myriad of problems that arise with transit in a major city. In your second project given full autonomy to propose a solution to one of today's "wicked" problems - a problem so big that it seems unsolvable. With both projects, you’ll go beyond wire-framing and digital design tooling and tackle the heart of each issue, the human experience.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is perfect for people working as designers or developers, as well as graduates of our part-time courses.
  • Web Development

HTML, CSS
    Start Date October 26, 2020
    LocationToronto
    Our Web Development course is designed for tech-savvy beginners - no prior experience is necessary. Each class is exercise-heavy, and our 10:1 student-to-instructor ratio means personalized attention: you won’t ever feel left behind. Our take-home exercises and coding challenges are designed to continually sharpen your skills. You’ll leave this course with transferable skills including the ability to build responsive HTML & CSS websites. Our flagship introductory course will provide you with the knowledge to create impactful front-end web experiences.
    ScholarshipNeeds-Based Scholarship
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course is designed for beginners.
    October 26, 2020 - Toronto
    November 21, 2020 - Toronto
    November 24, 2020 - Toronto
    November 30, 2020 - Toronto
    January 18, 2021 - Toronto
    February 8, 2021 - Toronto
  • Web Development Immersive (Bootcamp)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End
    LocationToronto
    At Juno College’s 9-week Bootcamp Program, you’ll learn HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, React and Firebase–all the skills you need to become a junior web developer. Our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp does more than help people change careers, it changes lives. We're the experts in helping people with non-technical backgrounds build careers as web developers, and if you’re ready to make a career change, we’re eager to talk to you: whether you’re a fresh grad, seasoned professional, or somewhere in between. With a curriculum focused on today’s best practices led by a world-class instructor team, you’ll graduate from Juno with the skills and knowledge you'll need to land a web developer position.
    ScholarshipSuccesful Web Development Immersive Bootcamp applicants who have taken our Web Development course will receive a $1,000 Alumni Scholarship off of their Bootcamp tuition, and an additional $1,000 off for every additional Juno course they've taken.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants to our Web Development Immersive Bootcamp will be required to successfully complete a technical assessment using HTML & CSS, so you’ll need some coding experience to be eligible for the program.
  • WordPress & Shopify Development

HTML, Design, CSS, Wordpress
    LocationToronto
    Our WordPress & Shopify Development course is designed to help talented developers unlock the potential of WordPress and Shopify. Together these two content management systems power a huge portion of the world’s websites, including giants like The New Yorker, BBC, and Glossier. Understanding how to adapt and work in these platforms is now crucial to working in many agency environments or as a freelancer. This course brings together a diverse group of developers, all ready to level up their skills by learning how to build custom themes for in-demand content management systems. Whether you’re looking to land an agency position or diversify the services you offer your clients as a freelancer, the ability to create customized web experiences will help you succeed and make more money.
  • I ❤️ HY
    - 2/15/2017
    Christina Gooyers • Front-End Developer • Graduate

I came to HackerYou after  working in retail sales and taking a web development course at Conestoga College. I needed more knowledge to fill in the gaps from my education at Conestoga if I wanted to get a job as a dev and the front-end bootcamp did that and then some. The cirriculum was able to get me skills to a beginner level where I could actually find woek! Not only that, but the HY community is full of amazing people, I made some life-long friends and wonder resources. I can't praise them enough, they changed my life ❤️

• Amanda M • Software Developer • Graduate

I took both the part-time web development in early 2015, and liked it so much that I decided to enroll in the immersive web development bootcamp later that year. I was lucky to have Ryan Christiani as my instructor for both courses. He was a great person to learn from - he's an engaging speaker and extremely knowledgable. I received a ton of support from the mentors in class, and from the HackerYou community in general. I was really nervous to quit my job, and take a chance switching my career, but I was given all of the tools and support necessary to find an entry-level position in the field. Within a month of finishing the course, I was employed full-time as a front-end developer at a digital agency. HackerYou equipped me with the skills I need to get my career started. I am now working as a software developer -- something I would never be doing without the support of HackerYou.

• Yaa • WordPress Developer • Graduate

The part-time courses at Hacker You offer a FANTASTIC education at a more relaxed pace than the bootcamp. The quality of learning is the same - which is really encouraging. I took the Web Dev and WordPress courses part-time and loved the learning. The course work had us preparing real portoflio pieces that we could use later on. From PSD to HTML conversions to creating custom WordPress themes - we did it. I still use those skills today. I went to Hacker You to learn about the web and tech and I came out with a real sense of joy for what I do. I was working in the non-profit sector and took the leap into tech. Without the positive environment and excellent teachers, I don't think I would be where I am today. I am working in a fantastic organization that is equalizing tech and I work as an independent WordPress developer. To go from very little knowledge to working for myself in under a year was pretty phenomenal.

• Tom Haxell • Graduate

I've taken two courses at HackerYou - the part-time web development program (Intro and Advanced Web Development - Spring and Summer 2015) and the full-time 9-week immersive bootcamp (Fall 2015). I can honestly say it was life changing.

First, was the part-time course. It was twice a week after work from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. This is a great course for people who are interested in web development and looking for a starting point. The instructors take you from the basics of web development to more advanced concepts all while having fun. This isn't a typical 150 person universtiy lecture-style learning environment. These are small classes where the people know you and your work. This is a place where you learn by doing. After doing most of the part-time course I was so excited about where it could lead that I jumped over to the full-time bootcamp.

The best way to learn a language is to fully immersive yourself into it. Doing this forces you to practice again and again, and again - this is the HackerYou bootcamp. The instructors are brilliant, smart, kind and they care about you succeeding. You go in and you learn how to be a front-end developer. You learn how to learn. Each week we made a website. These websites became our portfolios and these portfolios got us work. It's intense. You go from zero to life-changing with blazing speed.

I recommend HackerYou to anyone who's thinking about going into web development.

• Ksenia • WordPress Developer • Student

HackerYou in an excellent coding school with a supportive community and amazing instructors. I took part time Intro to Web Development course in fall 2015 and absolutely loved it. Ryan Christiani taught with exceptional knowledge and enthusiasm and all projects were hands-on and explained step by step. I returned to HackerYou this summer for the Immersive Bootcamp program. HackerYou helped me to make a transition into a new career, I now work as a WordPress developer and really enjoy it. The curriculum changes to keep up with new technologies and standards and provides students essential skills for current jobs in tech, you are never stuck learning something that you will not need. With many new part-time courses added, new students and past grads alike are returning to learn more.

• Jaime B • Student

I completed the Intro & Advanced Web Development part-time course (with Wes) in 2014 and loved it.

The course was up to date with industry best practices and extremely hands on. I walked away with a number of projects to start a portfolio.

The community is very friendly, inclusive and supportive. The team behind HackerYou is eager to see each person succeed and willing to help much beyond the completion of a given course.

The cleanly designed HackerYou space is conveniently located at Queen and Spadina.

• Thanks HackerYou!
    - 2/14/2017
    Clare Prowse • Associate Front-End Developer • Student

I was part of HackerYou's Front-End Bootcamp Immersive in Winter of 2016, and also took the JavaScript course that Spring.

The Bootcamp was the second vocational training course I had taken, and while the structure was similar to the other course (focus on hands-on, project-based learning, which I love), the atmosphere at HackerYou made my experience there far more valuable and enjoyable. HackerYou places a huge emphasis on having students work WITH classmates to solve problems and acquire skills.The focus on teamwork, collaboration, and positive reinforcement among peers was instrumental in ensuring that everyone in the class was successful, and left the course excited about the career on which they were about to embark.  There is an amazing network of instructors, alumni, and school admin at your disposal, ready to help you with any challenges you face, be they while you are on your course, or after you finish. The skills I learned at HackerYou, and the support I received from the school community and adminstration, helped me to land a job at AKQA San Francisco, where I currently work as an Associate Front-End Developer.

I am so grateful to Heather and the entire HY team and community for preparing me so well for my new career! I would 100% recommend the courses at HackerYou to anyone who is hoping to build skills in the field of internet and technology.

• Rose • Front-End Developer • Graduate

I've been lucky enough to attend multiple courses at HackerYou in the past year. I took part-time Web Dev, jumped into Bootcamp, and am now leveling up my skills with part-time Full Stack. I took the Part Time web dev with no more expectation than to learn something new and improve my technical literacy, but I soon realized I had stumbled into something really special, and had found a community and career path that completely changed my life. Bootcamp is an intense but also intensely rewarding experience. In my experience, most people finish feeling proud and a bit surprised at exactly how much you can accomplish in 9 weeks with hard work and a lot of support. I feel that the robust alumni community really sets HackerYou apart--it's a welcoming and inclusive community, where people are so generous with their time and their experience (and the networking opportunities are endless!). Development is a career that requires continuous learning, but the HY curriculum more than prepared me for my first dev job. The classes revolve around best practices and most current technologies, and are taught by approachable, experienced and talented developers who have real-world experience and can teach you the practical skills required to become a great dev. The learning and support didn't end when I graduated, and HY staff were with me every step of the way as I hunted for my first job and started my career as a developer. Starting this journey with HackerYou was one of the best decisions I ever made! I would strongly recommend this school for anyone looking to improve their skills or switch careers.

• Nicole

I had a great educational experience at HackerYou. I started Jan 2016 in the Intro to Web Development with Ann. The class was amazing; I learned so much and had a great time. Its been almost a year and I still reference my lessons as useful resources. As a graphic designer, I am confident to call myself a Web Designer as well thanks to HackerYou. I wish I could take more classes, however the prices are a bit high. I would recommend this institution to anyone who can afford it - it is worth the price!

• Jen Taylor • UI Developer • Graduate

I took the Intro to Front-End Web Development, Advanced Web Development, and Front-End Development Bootcamp at HackerYou. I cannot recommend this school enough. The curriculum equipped me with the skills and portfolio I needed to hit the ground running in my first Front-End Development job. In addition to a fantastic curriculum that is always adjusting to reflect the industry, HackerYou is home to an amazing community. HackerYou's staff and instructors are fantastic and are very supportive both during and after the program. The alumni are also incredible - offering technical help through the active Slack community, and creating an inclusive atmosphere that encourages ongoing learning. I would absolutely recommend HackerYou to anyone looking to level-up their skill set or switch careers.

• Highly Recommended
    - 2/14/2017
    Elly Pham • Project Manager/Front End Web Developer • Graduate

I completed the HackerYou Bootcamp course in November 2015 (Cohort 8! Whoo hoo).  Working as a Marketing and Project Manager professional in the digital space for some time, I've always had an interest in learning to code.  I had this itch to get my hands dirty in coding and getting a more solid understanding of digital.  If you're looking for a complete career switch, this bootcamp course is for you.  If you're a professional looking to have a better understanding of digital scope of work, this bootcamp course is for you as well.  HackerYou is stacked with great, cheerful, positive and helpful instructors.  All questions are answered and you get unlimited help during work hours. The atmosphere and vibe at the lab is awesome.  HackerYou also has a great community to network with people and continue to receive help from others once you're done the course.  I am now currently working as a Digital Project Manager/Front-End Web Developer at a Tech Start-Up.  I love where I ended up after the course, it made me a better Digital Project Manager and equipped me with the skills to be able to code in the role as well.  Oh, and I also freelance as well :)

• Jordyn Marcellus • Team Lead, Front-End Development • Graduate

HackerYou has best-in-class front-end developer education -- a major difference between many educational institutions that reside in the same space.

Not only did I learn progressive techniques for building the web there, but I am constantly returning to bootcamp show and tells to see these brilliant web developers exploring the future of the web.

I learned a ton in the bootcamp, but the real joy is learning more and more from the new generation of web developers who come up through the bootcamp. It's inpsiring, amazing and heartening.

HackerYou changed my life. Yeah, that's cliche -- but it's true. Heather's help with getting a job plus the supportive alumni community really makes the difference.