jax-code-academy-logo

Jax Code Academy

Jacksonville

Jax Code Academy

Jax Code Academy offers an 8-week, full-time coding bootcamp in Jacksonville, Florida. The course covers HTML, CSS, Javascript, AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap, PHP, Photoshop Basics, and MySQL database. The course Instructor is an expert in Web Development and Health IT with over 35 years of experience, who will explain complex technologies to help students build beautiful and modern websites and applications. The curriculum includes working on real projects for real businesses, and there’s an opportunity for students to participate in developer internships to enhance their portfolios.

Jax Code Academy is held at The University of North Florida campus.

Recent Jax Code Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (2) reviews for Jax Code Academy →

Recent Jax Code Academy News

I have always been interested in web development before taking this bootcamp. The thing that turned me off about all the others I checked out was the high price, which is why I decided to go with this specific bootcamp that Jax Code Academy offers.

My experience was a great one. It started off a bit slow, but more so due to the fact that everything was new to me, as I had zero prior experience in web development. Once I started getting more acquainted to everything & applying myself even more I got the hang of it.

The instructor has been doing this for a long time so he knows exactly what he's talking about. The class sizes were small so there was a lot of one on one assistance which worked wonders when I was lost or needed more help.

I do think the bootcamp should be a little bit longer but that's the only real "complaint" that I have. Taking this bootcamp has certainly changed my life. I went from not knowing what to pursue in life to having a career in web development. Taking this bootcamp was, by far, one of the best decisions that I've ever made. I definitely recommend it.

The cost of this Bootcamp is what attracted me in the first place. It's MUCH less than any other in-person Bootcamp that I could find and is taught on the UNF campus which gives a great learning atmosphere.

The curriculum was a little different compared to other Bootcamps. They teach what companies in the area are hiring for and then some. Guest lecturers (recruiters, companies, etc.) are common which I feel is important as it gives you insight into the market in the area.

The job assistance is great. My goal from this Bootcamp was to become a freelancer which is what I'm doing now. Other students in my cohort went on to find jobs in the industry. A couple of the students went on to become paid TA's at the next cohort.

The instructors were very helpful. The class size was fairly small so I was able to get plenty of 1-on-1 help. All of the students use a chat app to interact with the instructors and other students during after hours. I had no problem with getting help from my instructors after class. The instructors are even available for help after the Bootcamp is finished. They really care about you and want you to succeed.

The one thing I believe stands out the most about the Bootcamp is the re-take policy. If you attend class and do the homework assignments, you can re-take the Bootcamp for free. So if you feel you are not quite ready to enter the market then you can fortify your knowledge by taking the Bootcamp over again.

A couple of things that I would like changed are the length of the Bootcamp and the hours. The Bootcamp runs for 8 weeks. There is a lot of things that we learn during these 8 weeks that make it hard to keep up. I don't think you'll be able to complete this Bootcamp if you have a full-time job. The hours are 9am-1pm every weekday. I think it would be great if it were an all-day event from 9am-5pm.

Overall it was a great experience for the cost and would do it all over again.