jax-code-academy-logo

Jax Code Academy

Jacksonville

Jax Code Academy

Jax Code Academy offers an intensive 12-week, full-time coding bootcamp plus a 3-month internship in Jacksonville, Florida and live online. The curriculum covers web development, software development, agile methodology, data analysis, database design, digital marketing, graphics and design, scripting/coding, user experience design, web application development, website design, project management, and research. The course covers both front end and back end, including HTML, CSS, PHP, full stack JavaScript, JQuery, MYSQL, SQL, MongoDB, Linux, Wordpress, Drupal, Cron, Github, Python, React, and Node.js. Students also learn soft skills, such as communication and presentation, problem-solving, teamwork, attention to detail, time management, and organization. Jax Code Academy instructors are experts in the field, and bootcamp students will work on real-world projects.

This course was created for beginners, so no degree or experience is necessary to apply. Payment plans are available. Students are allowed to repeat the bootcamp course for free within a one-year period. The tuition also covers 3-months of co-working space at the Springfield campus and free parking.

Jax Code Academy offers a job guarantee to its bootcamp graduates. Students are taught interview skills, and graduates are encouraged to sign up for 12-week Jax Code Academy internships or externships post-bootcamp. Two local recruitment firms, Robert Half Technology and Apex Systems, are available to help graduates find the perfect job. Graduates of the bootcamp are eligible for jobs as web developers, software developers, front end developers, JavaScript developers, Wordpress developers, Python developers, Ruby developers, web designers, UX designers, visual designers, and digital marketers.

Recent Jax Code Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (3) reviews for Jax Code Academy →

Recent Jax Code Academy News

• applicant
    - 10/12/2020
    Anonymous • Applicant
    I was very interested in this school until as of recently. The things that made it appealing to me was the affordable price and also the next cohort was perfectly timed for when I would be leaving my employer. I applied online to attend Jax Code Academy about 1 week ago and received a call today from someone who I can not recall their name. Basically the call started with the gentleman introducing himself and asking to speak with me. Without providing any more info other than name and where hes calling from, he says "any questions for me?". I am thinking at this point like what was your reason for call? did i get accepted? anything you'd like to tell me about  you or the program? I am very new to coding and asked a question such as any thing he'd recommend reviewing/learning before cohort starts to assure I am ready? he said "nope, just show and do the work and you will graduate and get a job. any other questions?" A little turned off by the answer I asked an additional question around if he feels this program was suited for someone looking to transition in to FinTech(aka Financial technology)? he said "ill get you set up with someone, any other questions?". I was really turned off at this point as lack of customer service or even effort to answer a question I said "no other questions" and immediately referred me to their website to begin paying tuition. I think his exact last words were " alright, next steps now just go to jaxcode.com/docs and pay your tuition and everything will be just fine. thanks have a good day. bye"

I am not sure what to think at this point. Jax Code Academy looked to be the solution I was looking for but cannot seem to get past the very limited reviews available online and also that my first interaction with someone from the academy felt like nothing short of someone trying to take my money. Who knows maybe it is a good academy but it's not one that I feel I can put my trust and career aspirations into due to the lack of reputation and poor treatment of a first time applicant. Good luck Jax Code Academy but I will be looking elsewhere.
    Response From: Dr. Stephen Fitzmeyer of Jax Code Academy
    Title: Director
    Monday, Oct 19 2020
    We called this student to let him know he was accepted and he had to make a deposit to reserve his seat. None of the conversation he mentions happened. He has never taken one of our courses so his low ratings for the course and instructors are invalid. This is someone who is immature with misplaced anger who failed to communicate with us to resolve any issue he imagined.

I have always been interested in web development before taking this bootcamp. The thing that turned me off about all the others I checked out was the high price, which is why I decided to go with this specific bootcamp that Jax Code Academy offers.

My experience was a great one. It started off a bit slow, but more so due to the fact that everything was new to me, as I had zero prior experience in web development. Once I started getting more acquainted to everything & applying myself even more I got the hang of it.

The instructor has been doing this for a long time so he knows exactly what he's talking about. The class sizes were small so there was a lot of one on one assistance which worked wonders when I was lost or needed more help.

I do think the bootcamp should be a little bit longer but that's the only real "complaint" that I have. Taking this bootcamp has certainly changed my life. I went from not knowing what to pursue in life to having a career in web development. Taking this bootcamp was, by far, one of the best decisions that I've ever made. I definitely recommend it.

The cost of this Bootcamp is what attracted me in the first place. It's MUCH less than any other in-person Bootcamp that I could find and is taught on the UNF campus which gives a great learning atmosphere.

The curriculum was a little different compared to other Bootcamps. They teach what companies in the area are hiring for and then some. Guest lecturers (recruiters, companies, etc.) are common which I feel is important as it gives you insight into the market in the area.

The job assistance is great. My goal from this Bootcamp was to become a freelancer which is what I'm doing now. Other students in my cohort went on to find jobs in the industry. A couple of the students went on to become paid TA's at the next cohort.

The instructors were very helpful. The class size was fairly small so I was able to get plenty of 1-on-1 help. All of the students use a chat app to interact with the instructors and other students during after hours. I had no problem with getting help from my instructors after class. The instructors are even available for help after the Bootcamp is finished. They really care about you and want you to succeed.

The one thing I believe stands out the most about the Bootcamp is the re-take policy. If you attend class and do the homework assignments, you can re-take the Bootcamp for free. So if you feel you are not quite ready to enter the market then you can fortify your knowledge by taking the Bootcamp over again.

A couple of things that I would like changed are the length of the Bootcamp and the hours. The Bootcamp runs for 8 weeks. There is a lot of things that we learn during these 8 weeks that make it hard to keep up. I don't think you'll be able to complete this Bootcamp if you have a full-time job. The hours are 9am-1pm every weekday. I think it would be great if it were an all-day event from 9am-5pm.

Overall it was a great experience for the cost and would do it all over again.