dataquest--logo

Dataquest

Dataquest

Dataquest offers online, 24-week project-based data science courses. Dataquest uses hands-on, interactive coding challenges and projects to help students think and solve problems like a data scientist. Students can choose from a variety of topics to create their own curriculum like data analysis with Python, data analysis with R, SQL, APIs, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Spark, Git, Version Control, and more.

During the Plus course, students write code and work with real-life data sets with collaboration from the Dataquest community. This private learning community receives 1:1 coaching from the Dataquest instruction team and the opportunity to practice and develop peer mentorship skills. Participants will build projects to help reinforce learning and demonstrate skills to employers. And by sharing work and collaborating with others, students become well-rounded data practitioners. Dataquest aims to help students master data science skills, so they can build a data science portfolio and get hired.

Recent Dataquest Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (17) reviews for Dataquest →

Recent Dataquest News

• Data Analyst

Python
    In PersonFull Time
  • Data Engineer

Learn how to build data pipelines to work with large datasets and key computer science concepts like data structures, algorithms, and recursion.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    In PersonFull Time
  • Inna • Graduate

If you are trying to enter into Data Science / Machine Learning world and feel lost like I was - look no further and start with Dataquest. I tried a bunch of different online video educational tools and this one is so far the best one.

• Michał • Student

Dataquest Data Scientist path is a great way to learn Data Science for me. I find the interactive form really attractive and convenient. Course is divided into modules small enough that you don't have to spend lots of time on learning continuosly. I tried other approaches to DS before - video courses took too much time on theory, other interactive courses curriculum were less complex than Dataquest. I really recomend this course.

• Lem Cacho

My experience with Dataquest is phenomenal to say the least.  I enrolled at their Premium plan and I'm currently taking their Data Science Path.

I'm just two months into the program and I must say that I'm learning a lot.  Trust me when I say this because I have no technical background whatsoever (my training is in the social sciences).  I'm not going to convince you that their course offerings are beds of roses.  Quite the contrary, the lessons are tough as nails and you need to put in the hours and burn the midnight oil.

I have a confession to make. It takes me hours (sometimes days) to figure out a mission (they call exercises missions).  Like I said, I have no technical background that's why it's taking me a long time to figure things out.  After a month, I was kind of frustrated and was thinking of giving up.

Then I reached out to Dataquest support to tell them my concern.  24 hours later I got a heartfelt response that encourages me to stay the path and just continue with the course.

Dataquest has a solid team of experts who can help you out plus a Slack community that is more than willing to answer your every question.  So, I soldiered on (and still is soldiering on).

Unlike other online courses (yes, I tried other online courses, too!) in which majority of the tutorials are in video format (and that takes more time to do), I happen to like Dataquest's no BS, straight up teaching methodology.  They give you contents to read, explain exhaustively the learning material, and give you exercises to solve.  What else can you ask for?  They teach you, then they let you solve problems!

I got interested in Data Science many years ago even before it was called data science.  The challenge I had years ago was that there's no platform like Dataquest that will let me learn techniques according to my pace and available time.  I'm at my 40s and working for a digital marketing agency and I couldn't wait to apply what I'm learning to my company.

• Artie Kopylov • Business Systems Analyst

HI all

I've started the course a few weeks ago and I'm really enoying my learning! Information served in structured and easy to understand way exercises gradually getting more difficult and the curriculum is top notch - everything one would need to get into Data Analysis and Science field.

- 5/9/2018

Dataquest offers a variety of courses for Data Scientists and Data Engineering. Dataquest gives you a clear path to follow and is a accessible to everyone of all skill levels. The guided projects help you add to your portfolio and allow you to apply what you have learned to something more hands on. I highly reccomend the course to those looking into going into Data Science